PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NBA ReDraft 1st Round - #4) Dallas Mavericks vs. #5) Houston Rockets

KnicksorBust
04-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the 2012 NBA ReDraft voting process. The redraft is exactly how it sounds. The rosters of every NBA team are cleared and then drafted again from scratch. Posters from the site draft full rosters under a salary cap and then there is a voting process to make the playoffs. We are now in the playoffs and the head to head matchups have begun. Please remember to vote for the roster and write-up you believe would win a 7 game series and leave any of your personal preference for the real teams out of your decision. Thank you and enjoy the playoffs!

Mavericks:
PG: Goran Dragic/Lester Hudson/JJ/Ben Gordon
SG: Joe Johnson/Ben Gordon/Jordan Hamilton
SF: Richard Jefferson/JJ/Quentin Richardson
PF: Serge Ibaka/Tristan Thompson/Luke Harangody/Lavoy Allen
C: Tim Duncan/Tristan Thompson/Lavoy Allen

Rockets:
Starters
PG: Tony Parker
SG: Tony Allen
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: Trevor Booker
C: Roy Hibbert

Bench
PG: Norris Cole
SG: Von Wafer
SF: Donte Greene
F: Al-Farouq Aminu
PF: Patrick Patterson
FC: Anthony Randolph
C: Johan Petro

I'd like to begin by congratulating Ebbs on getting the 4th seed in this re-draft and acknowledge that he constructed a great team.

PG- Tony Parker vs Goran Dragic: Now I feel like stats are great at displaying what a player will do in any given game, but I feel like head to head statistics best display how a player will do against another player. In the last 3 head to head match-ups between Parker and Dragic:

Parker is averaging 25.3 ppg, 3 rpg, 8.3 apg, 1.3 spg, shooting 49.2% from the field

Dragic is averaging 8.7 ppg, 2 rpg, 3.3 apg, .3 spg, shooting 55% from the field

Dragic's only advantage is in FG% with more than 16 ppg negative difference than Parker. I think this is an easy decision.
Advantage: Rockets

SG- Tony Allen vs Joe Johnson: I was extremely glad to see their #1 option was going to be going against my best defender. In their previous match-up:

Joe Johnson scored 10 points, had 4 rebounds, 1 assists, and shot 40% from the field

Tony Allen scored 18 points, had 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and shot 58.3% from the field

I won't be bold enough to say every game will end up with Allen outscoring Johnson, but I don't need to tell you how vital Allen's defense is to the success of the Grizzlies.
Advantage: Tie

SF- Danilo Gallinari vs Richard Jefferson: Using head to head statistics once again, their last 3 matchups:

Danilo is averaging 19.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 3 apg, shooting 50% from the field

Richard Jefferson is averaging 11.7 ppg, 2 rpg, 2 apg, shooting 41.3% from the field

A great small forward reaching his prime vs a guy who doesn't even start for the Golden State Warriors. This one speaks for itself folks, Danilo dominates Jefferson.

PF- Trevor Booker vs Serge Ibaka: Trevor who? In head to head competition:

Trevor Booker is averaging 13 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1 spg, and shooting 60% from the field

Ibaka is averaging 7.7 ppg, 6 rpg, .3 spg, and shooting 50% from the field

At 27 mpg, Ibaka will have to use Tristan Thompson to play minutes for him and Tristan will already be tired from having to back-up Duncan at center. Ibaka is a great defender and this match-up is not a huge concern to me as Trevor Booker isn't going to be required to supply much offense at this position. I'll put it as a Mavericks advantage due to Ibaka's name value, but will get back to Tristan Thompson playing significant minutes later, when I discuss the bench.
Advantage: Mavericks

C- Roy Hibbert vs Tim Duncan: Although this team looks great, one great piece it lacks is a true center. Roy Hibbert is a true center. This match-up will be very interesting and there aren't any head to head stats I can use because they play different positions.

Duncan's minutes have been significantly decreasing since 2007 and Hibbert is an All-Star this year. Duncan will need rest and Tristan Thompson will be backing up both Ibaka and Duncan, so he will not be fresh. 2 true centers against an aged Duncan and a fatigued Thompson.

Bench:

Norris Cole vs Lester Hudson: Both unproven players that have shown promise in scoring, but not enough for either to have an advantage over the other.

Von Wafer vs Ben Gordon: Gordon's average MPG will go down with JJ playing SG and will play similar minutes to Wafer. In the last 3 head to head match-ups

Gordon is averaging 7.7 ppg, .7 rpg, 1.3 apg, shooting 37% in 19.7 mpg

Wafer is averaging 5.7 ppg, 1.3 rpg, .3 apg, and shooting 83% in 7.3 mpg.

Multiplying Wafer's minutes by 2 and you see he scores more ppg, has more, rpg, less assists, and a higher shooting percentage. Gordon is much too inconsistent and shoots erratically.

Donte Greene vs Quentin Richardson: Two scoring SF's, one before his prime and one well after.

Patrick Patterson vs Tristan Thompson: This would be a great match-up, except for the fact that Thompson has to do double duty being back-up to both Ibaka and Duncan. A fresh Patterson vs a fatigued Thompson.
Advantage: Rockets (here or at C)

Johan Petro vs Tristan Thompson: Petro is a true center, Thompson will be playing a lot of minutes and is not a true center. Your choice of Patterson or Petro having the advantage.
Advantage: Rockets (here or at PF)
Thank you if you took the time to read this. I know Ebbs is a smart guy, so he may explore the idea to have Ben Gordon play SG and move JJ to SF. To cover my bases, if he does this I will simply say that Tony Allen would have a field day against the erratic Ben Gordon and JJ would have trouble shooting over the 6'10 Gallinari. Danilo would be able to flourish on the offensive side of the court.

This is a close match-up, but Parker and Danilo are THAT MUCH better than Dragic and Jefferson. You don't need to add up the advantages, rather notice the seperation of talent at Point Guard and Small Forward.

Thank you for your time.

Starting lineup:
PG: Goran Dragic
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Joe Johnson
PF: Serge Ibaka
C: Tim Duncan

Rotation: Tristan Thompson, Richard Jefferson, Lester Hudson.

Reserves: Lavoy Allen, Luke Harangody, Jordan Hamilton, Quentin Richardson.

Props to Reyes for earning the five seed and I think he put together a nice team. That being said I think my Mavericks will over power his Rockets.

I think the key to the win for our team would be the offensive flow in a faster paced offense. For that reason we are moving Joe Johnson to small forward where he played most of this season and starting Ben Gordon.

We are going to push the tempo a little bit on the Rockets. I think as a whole our team defense is better, held together by a complete front court. However I think the solid edge comes from the scoring my team offers.

Joe Johnson and Tony Parker are going to be the respective #1 option on their teams no shocker there but I think people are underestimating the contribution of Goran Dragic.

This season:

Tony Parker has averaged 18.3 PPG, 7.7 APG, on shooting percentages of .480 FG%, .230 3PT%, .799 FT%, .539 TS%. On 14.8 FGA.
Goran Dragic has averaged 18.2 PPG, 7.7 APG, on shooting percentages of .493 FG%, .390 3PT%, .844 FT%, .616 TS%. On 12.8 FGA.

Yes Dragicís stats are over a smaller sample size (27 games as a starter) but many people think Parker is having a career year. So Dragicís similar output at a more efficient rate has to be considered quite impressive.

Offensively Parker is averaging 0.94 PPP via synergy over 1160 possessions. Offensively Dragic is averaging 0.94 PPP over 815 possessions. Defensively Parker allows 0.86 PPP, Defensively Dragic allows 0.8 PPP. Again if anything the advanced statistics favor Dragic.

Basketball games or playoff series for that matter are not won based off one position or a heads up match up. That being said I wanted to prove that Dragic cut put out a similar output of energy for our team.

Now itís no secret that a lot of Parkerís production comes at the rim, the guy has never been a monstrous outside shooter and if he doesnít penetrate the rim historically it hurts the spurs. Now aside from the fact that Dragic will be on Parker most of the night Parker has to find away to penetrate a post anchored by Serge Iblocka, and Tim Duncan. I think if any player in the NBA knows Parkers sweet spots and how to stop him from getting to the rim it just might be Timmy. Not to mention Ibaka is a top 5 help defender in the NBA period.

People felt Ibaka somehow not being able to take advantage of Booker/Patterson by a large margin offensively means itís not a huge advantage? Not sure I understand that thinking Booker has limited range and when heís on the floor Ibaka is going to be able to sink in help eliminate the drive and pester Hibbert from time to time.

Tim Duncan will be the leader of this team. He has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in this league and he will tie it all together. Tim Duncan and Roy Hibbert have met 7 times before but Tim Duncan has never had a big like Ibaka next to him over that time. Tim Duncan wonít have to muscle the post on both ends like he has on the Spurs since the departure of the admiral. Also take it with a grain of salt but Duncan has never lost to Hibbert over those 7 games.

Now Tony Allen will pester Joe Johnson no doubt about it but J.J. isnít a fool. He has proven he can run an offense in the past and he has 2 big men who can shoot mid range jumpers and post up. He can dish the ball off he isnít on his own. On the perimeter he will have Ben Gordon, Richard Jefferson, and Goran Dragic shooting .401, .420, and .390 from the three point line this season. This team has post scoring, perimeter scoring, and great spacing. Tony Allen pestering J.J. isnít enough to stop the offense. When you consider that Ben Gordon and Goran Dragic can both create for themselves you have to realize we will send a ton of different looks at this rockets team. I truly believe with our spacing and the ability of all 5 starters to score anyone of them could go off any night.
On the wings defensively Ben Gordon can play Tony Allen because Allen really isnít going to go off on us regardless of who is guarding him. Iíll put J.J. on Gallo. Johnson has played small forward most of the year and the one time that he did play Gallo this year he put up 34 points on 50% shooting, Gallo did 19 on 46% shooting. Defensively Johnson has been very productive this year his synergy numbers are impressive as he actually allows less PPP than Gallo. As an Isolation defender J.J. is ranked #10 in the entire league. Gallo is primarily a jump shooter I donít see him exposing this matchup either.

While I feel neither of our benches are exceptional, Tristan Thompson, Lester Hudson, Richard Jefferson are all contributing big minutes to their teams. I donít see a legit 6th man on the Rockets nor really anyone you want to see playing 20 minutes a game. Add that to the fact that weíre at home I think its two more small edges in our favor.

In summary, Dragic is going to maintain similar production to Parker. I feel the Rockets are ill prepared to matchup with 5 players who can score for us on offense. The Rockets essentially will be playing 3 on 5 when theyíre on offense as Allen/Booker are hardly going to contribute.

KnicksorBust
04-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Mavs.

PhillyLuver
04-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Great match up here. Haven't decided who I like yet

Mr. Baller
04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Rockets in a great matchup. Could see this going 7 games ala Nuugets-Grizzlies or should I say 8 games

Baller1
04-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Dallas for me.

Sportfan
04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
kinda leaning rockets. JJ has been pretty meh in the postseason while TA is stepping it up. Booker is so meh but Ibaka isn't exactly one to take advantage of such a big gap offensively, although it will make the rockets double down on hibbert leaving the rockets to score from the perimeter. gonna take some time

KnicksorBust
04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I can't buy into the Rockets starting Trevor Booker. The Mavs protect the paint so much better with the Ibaka-Duncan combo. Ibaka would THRIVE in help defense all series long.

Reyes6
04-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Well you have to consider it's not just Booker, it's a combination of Booker and Patrick Patterson. And if you leave Booker open he can hit a shot, he's just not well known.

Mile High Champ
04-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I really like both teams to be honest. This is a tough call and likely the hardest decision of the first round of the redraft. I have to think about this much a bit more.

Bulls_fan90
04-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Rockets in 6.

Ebbs
04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
I'll be home in an hour I have a fair bit to say based on his write up people on the fence should probably wait for the rebuttal

Reyes6
04-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Looking forward to it Ebbs.

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Mavs in 6. The Rockets lack of depth and them starting Trevor Booker will cost them this series.

The_Jamal
04-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Shame Rockets couldn't grab a capable defensive PF. They could have made some serious noise in the West.

I'll wait for a bit more debate, but im leaning Mavs.

Ebbs
04-30-2012, 11:04 PM
My comments in bold.

PG- Tony Parker vs Goran Dragic: Now I feel like stats are great at displaying what a player will do in any given game, but I feel like head to head statistics best display how a player will do against another player. In the last 3 head to head match-ups between Parker and Dragic:

Parker is averaging 25.3 ppg, 3 rpg, 8.3 apg, 1.3 spg, shooting 49.2% from the field

Dragic is averaging 8.7 ppg, 2 rpg, 3.3 apg, .3 spg, shooting 55% from the field

Dragic's only advantage is in FG% with more than 16 ppg negative difference than Parker. I think this is an easy decision.

Umm this is clearly mis leading. . . As you didn't even bother to mention the minutes per game they each played? I want to load up NBA reference but it isn't running. The break downs I gave of Dragic and Parker in similar minutes is much more inciteful with a much larger sample size. Not to mention you aren't even noting that Parker has to try and break to the rim against duncan and an IBaka pretty much free to roam on his own. (See Ty Lawson vs. Lakers yesterday.)

SF- Danilo Gallinari vs Richard Jefferson: Using head to head statistics once again, their last 3 matchups:

Danilo is averaging 19.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 3 apg, shooting 50% from the field

Richard Jefferson is averaging 11.7 ppg, 2 rpg, 2 apg, shooting 41.3% from the field

A great small forward reaching his prime vs a guy who doesn't even start for the Golden State Warriors. This one speaks for itself folks, Danilo dominates Jefferson.

I'm glad you feel this way, but this will rarely even be the matchup. And for all Gallo's talent he hasn't proven he can dominate anyone at this point.

PF- Trevor Booker vs Serge Ibaka: Trevor who? In head to head competition:

Trevor Booker is averaging 13 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1 spg, and shooting 60% from the field

Ibaka is averaging 7.7 ppg, 6 rpg, .3 spg, and shooting 50% from the field

At 27 mpg, Ibaka will have to use Tristan Thompson to play minutes for him and Tristan will already be tired from having to back-up Duncan at center. Ibaka is a great defender and this match-up is not a huge concern to me as Trevor Booker isn't going to be required to supply much offense at this position. I'll put it as a Mavericks advantage due to Ibaka's name value, but will get back to Tristan Thompson playing significant minutes later, when I discuss the bench.
Advantage: Mavericks

Most NBA teams have a 3 big rotation. . . With other player playing sparse minutes that being said Lavoy Allen is starting at Center for the Sixers this post season. . . This is a big match up problem for the Hornets just because Ibaka may not drop 20+ every night does not mean we aren't capitalizing on this match up. I'm more than confident Hibbert will be neutralized and the paint incredibly hard to penetrate with Ibaka being able to play help D which is his greatest strength.

C- Roy Hibbert vs Tim Duncan: Although this team looks great, one great piece it lacks is a true center. Roy Hibbert is a true center. This match-up will be very interesting and there aren't any head to head stats I can use because they play different positions.

Duncan's minutes have been significantly decreasing since 2007 and Hibbert is an All-Star this year. Duncan will need rest and Tristan Thompson will be backing up both Ibaka and Duncan, so he will not be fresh. 2 true centers against an aged Duncan and a fatigued Thompson.

I feel like this is just pretty inaccurate and how come Tim Duncan isn't a true center? Most people feel he is only a center now he has been playing the majority of minutes at C this whole year. Also I'm wondering where Duncans minutes become a problem as Hibbert played only one more per game this season. :rolleyes: Also Timmy played 31 yesterday? It's not like he won't be playing 35 when needed in the post season.

Bench:

Norris Cole vs Lester Hudson: Both unproven players that have shown promise in scoring, but not enough for either to have an advantage over the other.

Von Wafer vs Ben Gordon: Gordon's average MPG will go down with JJ playing SG and will play similar minutes to Wafer. In the last 3 head to head match-ups

Gordon is averaging 7.7 ppg, .7 rpg, 1.3 apg, shooting 37% in 19.7 mpg

Wafer is averaging 5.7 ppg, 1.3 rpg, .3 apg, and shooting 83% in 7.3 mpg.

Multiplying Wafer's minutes by 2 and you see he scores more ppg, has more, rpg, less assists, and a higher shooting percentage. Gordon is much too inconsistent and shoots erratically.
Lol Your assuming umm Gordon is going to find 25+ minutes, Wafer doesn't have anything close to Gordon. Gordon is the best 3 point shooter in the series and is yet another player who can create offense on my team.

Donte Greene vs Quentin Richardson: Two scoring SF's, one before his prime and one well after.

Patrick Patterson vs Tristan Thompson: This would be a great match-up, except for the fact that Thompson has to do double duty being back-up to both Ibaka and Duncan. A fresh Patterson vs a fatigued Thompson.
Advantage: Rockets (here or at C)

Again TT starts on the Cavs plays starter minutes and produces he can handle 20 minutes off my bench. . . I see no argument why he couldn't. Again Lavoy Allen starting for 76ers played 19 minutes against bulls first game.

Johan Petro vs Tristan Thompson: Petro is a true center, Thompson will be playing a lot of minutes and is not a true center. Your choice of Patterson or Petro having the advantage.

TT is better than Patterson and Petro isn't capable of having an advantage over anyone.

Advantage: Rockets (here or at PF)
Thank you if you took the time to read this. I know Ebbs is a smart guy, so he may explore the idea to have Ben Gordon play SG and move JJ to SF. To cover my bases, if he does this I will simply say that Tony Allen would have a field day against the erratic Ben Gordon and JJ would have trouble shooting over the 6'10 Gallinari. Danilo would be able to flourish on the offensive side of the court.

This is a close match-up, but Parker and Danilo are THAT MUCH better than Dragic and Jefferson. You don't need to add up the advantages, rather notice the seperation of talent at Point Guard and Small Forward.

Umm I know you like H2H matchups Gallo didn't do all that well against JJ. Although H2H is a small samplesize and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your time.

I feel my team as a whole is more complete, meshes better, accounts for themselves on defense, and has more players capable of scoring.

Reyes6
04-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Ok, I got you Ebbs... give me a second for a rebuttal.

Ebbs
04-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Yea take your time bud, I'll be here for a bit

Reyes6
04-30-2012, 11:33 PM
There is a reason Ben Gordon doesn't start in the NBA, he's too erratic, poor defensively, and his only real advantage is taking over secondary defenses. Moving Joe Johnson to SF creates a mismatch in my favor for Gallinari. Now you have 2 guys playing out of position in Duncan and Johnson... not to mention that now Tony Allen becomes a threat offensively due to the lack of defense by Ben Gordon.

Also, you then have Lavoy Allen playing significant minutes, Tim Duncan having to play over 32 mpg each night, and no scorers off the bench. You make my biggest weakness- my bench, in to a strength.

And Booker can hit open shots, he shot 53% in the regular season and 50% from 3.

Dragic's numbers being close to Parker are a fluke as well, he started at the end of the season against teams that lacked great PG's. Parker has proven he can score 20 and have 8 assists on any given night, he is proven and shouldn't be compared to Dragic as being remotely close.

Ibaka is a good help defender, but you can't just leave Booker open, he isn't Chuck Hayes. And you're making it seem like the only way to score is the 3 or the layup/dunk. We can shoot jumpers and Ibaka and Duncan are going to commit a lot of fouls if you plan on starting Gordon.

So, starting Gordon is a bigger mistake than starting Jefferson. Jefferson may not be good but he can at least defend somewhat.

Gordon is ranked 432nd in defense. Are there even 500 players in the NBA?

Any defense you had before will now dissolve due to Ben Gordon.

For example, last time Gordon started against the Grizzlies, Tony Allen played 21 minutes and had:

13 points, 5 steals, and shot 4-4 from the field, shooting 6 free throws, IN 21 MINUTES! Gordon had 10 pts, 0 steals, and shot 3-6, with 4 free throws in 31 minutes

So you get worse at defense and more erratic on offense.

ugafan
04-30-2012, 11:41 PM
I won't be bold enough to say every game will end up with Allen outscoring Johnson, but I don't need to tell you how vital Allen's defense is to the success of the Grizzlies.

lol

People need to realize that ridiculous statements made in writeups cost their teams more than they help them. I was on the fence and that took me off of it.

Tony Allen and Joe Johnson are a wash?

VCaintdead17
04-30-2012, 11:44 PM
:laugh:

Reallyyyyyyyy close match up though. I don't know if I'll even vote on this one. Too close.

Reyes6
04-30-2012, 11:49 PM
lol

People need to realize that ridiculous statements made in writeups cost their teams more than they help them. I was on the fence and that took me off of it.

Tony Allen and Joe Johnson are a wash?

Tony Allen is one of, if not the best perimeter defender in the NBA. Johnson is a great scorer, but I think TA will be able to hold him to limited points and inefficent scoring. Doesn't matter though because he'll be starting Gordon.

Ebbs
04-30-2012, 11:56 PM
There is a reason Ben Gordon doesn't start in the NBA, he's too erratic, poor defensively, and his only real advantage is taking over secondary defenses. Moving Joe Johnson to SF creates a mismatch in my favor for Gallinari. Now you have 2 guys playing out of position in Duncan and Johnson... not to mention that now Tony Allen becomes a threat offensively due to the lack of defense by Ben Gordon.

Lol Ben Gordon is as bad at D as Tony is at O. I have no fear of Tony Allen crushing me on the offensive end. You have yet to put any substance behind the Duncan is out of position argument. He is listed as a center and has been for some time. In fact people in the redraft did not like it when I was starting him at power forward.

Also, you then have Lavoy Allen playing significant minutes, Tim Duncan having to play over 32 mpg each night, and no scorers off the bench. You make my biggest weakness- my bench, in to a strength.

Lavoy Allen will be like 10 minutes. . . Duncan will play 30-35 like he has pretty much every post season his entire career. There really is no mismatch here for you. Hibbert played 1 minute more than Duncan in the regular season. I don't see how your bench is a strength

And Booker can hit open shots, he shot 53% in the regular season and 50% from 3.

Dragic's numbers being close to Parker are a fluke as well, he started at the end of the season against teams that lacked great PG's. Parker has proven he can score 20 and have 8 assists on any given night, he is proven and shouldn't be compared to Dragic as being remotely close.

Parker is the best player don't get me wrong but Dragic is no fluke. MBT think Lowry is just as likely to be shipped as goran. 1 game is a fluke 5 games is a nice stretch. 20+ games provides substance longer than most players post season runs.

Ibaka is a good help defender, but you can't just leave Booker open, he isn't Chuck Hayes. And you're making it seem like the only way to score is the 3 or the layup/dunk. We can shoot jumpers and Ibaka and Duncan are going to commit a lot of fouls if you plan on starting Gordon.

If you had someone to capitalize on Gordons poor defense maybe my bigs would be in foul trouble. However Tony Allen is not going to attack the rim viciously and he isn't a good passer so we don't really have to panic over kick outs.

So, starting Gordon is a bigger mistake than starting Jefferson. Jefferson may not be good but he can at least defend somewhat.

Gordon is ranked 432nd in defense. Are there even 500 players in the NBA?
Honestly not sure how many players are in the NBA

Any defense you had before will now dissolve due to Ben Gordon.

Again no. Tony Allen isn't even an above average offensive starter. I don't see this matchup causing many if any problems.

For example, last time Gordon started against the Grizzlies, Tony Allen played 21 minutes and had:

13 points, 5 steals, and shot 4-4 from the field, shooting 6 free throws, IN 21 MINUTES! Gordon had 10 pts, 0 steals, and shot 3-6, with 4 free throws in 31 minutes

Umm Tony Allen plays on an elite team with a solid front court, a perfect compliment selling him a good all around point guard and Rudy Gay. Gordon plays on a team whose 3 best players haven't seen the post season and as a whole are rather garbage. Also 1 game doesn't account for much.

So you get worse at defense and more erratic on offense.

I'll check back for the rebuttal, of my rebuttal, to your rebuttal.

ugafan
05-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Tony Allen is one of, if not the best perimeter defender in the NBA. Johnson is a great scorer, but I think TA will be able to hold him to limited points and inefficent scoring. Doesn't matter though because he'll be starting Gordon.

I understand that and appreciate that but JJ is no slouch on defense and TA isn't great offensively. JJ is also 3 inches taller than Tony Allen so he'll be able to shoot over him with ease, something he's capable of doing over just about any perimeter defender.

Maybe it's a close matchup but calling it a tie is absolutely incorrect and ridiculous. No idea how I was the first one to call you out on that. I really do like your team but come on man.

Reyes6
05-01-2012, 12:15 AM
I'll address Ebbs with 4 points:

1. Ben Gordon is a terrible defender. Tony Allen will be able to score on him and it'll be easy to set picks and maneuver our offense to make sure our best scorers end up being guarded by Ben Gordon, therefore causing potential foul trouble for your bigs and the rest of your team. We have no liabilities on defense, whereas you have a matador at shooting guard, a shooting guard playing small forward, and have Duncan playing C in a lot of mpg.

2. Goran is unproven. He has done well as a back-up and in 1/4 of a season as a starter, but he is nowhere near the player that Parker is. 1/4 of a season is simply too small of a window to view a player, especially since he has never been a team starter in the playoffs. Lowry has had injury problems, more expensive, and we have Llull coming over soon. So Rockets are looking to keep one and Dragic may be more cost-effective and have higher potential.

3. Duncan playing 35 mpg last year in the playoffs proved to not be very effective. He averaged only 13 ppg. And he will be in foul trouble because of what I stated earlier, causing Lavoy Allen to play significant minutes.

4. Ben Gordon isn't even starting on that team you said is so terrible, but on your team he is supposed to be a legitimate threat at the shooting guard position? I just don't buy it.

Reyes6
05-01-2012, 12:15 AM
I understand that and appreciate that but JJ is no slouch on defense and TA isn't great offensively. JJ is also 3 inches taller than Tony Allen so he'll be able to shoot over him with ease, something he's capable of doing over just about any perimeter defender.

Maybe it's a close matchup but calling it a tie is absolutely incorrect and ridiculous. No idea how I was the first one to call you out on that. I really do like your team but come on man.

Ok, I respect your opinion. But as I said, it's irrelevant seeing as he has Ben Gordon starting.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Ebbs starting Ben Gordon at SG has made me think about this a bit more (in a good way for ebbs, I was leaning towards the Rockets originally). Gallo's an underrated defender so him on JJ would be interesting. Although, I still wonder if the Rockets would be better served putting Gallo on Ben Gordon and Allen on JJ.

I'll think about it a little longer.

Mile High Champ
05-01-2012, 09:18 AM
This was a very tough call. On one side you have a great duo in Duncan and JJ. On the other side, i firmly believe the rockets offer a better balanced starting five. While Ibaka is a great help defender, the rest of his defensive game is nothing special. Also he is so limited on the offensive end of the floor that he would be unable to give a huge advantage over the combo of Booker and Patterson. I like Hibbert on Duncan and I love Allen matching up with JJ who has regressed this season in a fairly significant way. In the end I like the match ups far too much at PG and SF for the rockets to vote against them.

Ebbs
05-01-2012, 10:49 AM
If anything JJ has improved this year over last year but ok.

Corey
05-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Was leaning towards Houston until I read the writeups.

Mavs it is.

Houston's writeup is full of misconstrued and cherrypicked stats.

Reyes6
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Bump

Ebbs
05-01-2012, 06:08 PM
If I win do I get Spurs next?

Catfish1314
05-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I hope so or I wasted my lunch researching your roster.

Reyes6
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
IF you win, but as of now this is definitely a coin flip ;)

Ebbs
05-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I hope so or I wasted my lunch researching your roster.

:laugh: if I have a kryptonite in these games it's you :( I think I'm 0-3 all time against you.

Catfish1314
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
:laugh: if I have a kryptonite in these games it's you :( I think I'm 0-3 all time against you.

I consider it 0-2. I don't count the Mock when you started with the Warriors and I started with the Thunder.

Either way, that's hardly kryptonite :)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-01-2012, 07:57 PM
This one is so tough to vote. Still don't know who to roll with.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-02-2012, 12:34 PM
bump