PDA

View Full Version : Caron Butler out 4-6 Weeks: Broken Hand

shep33
04-30-2012, 04:15 AM
http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCABRE83T05O20120430

Reuters) - The Los Angeles Clippers enjoyed a stunning come-from-behind victory over Memphis in the first round of the NBA playoffs on Sunday but it came at a high price as forward Caron Butler suffered a broken left hand and could miss 4-6 weeks.

The 32-year-old got his hand caught in the jersey of the Grizzlies' Rudy Gay during the third quarter and eventually left the game.

"I was able to keep playing but once I got subbed out I felt the throbbing," Butler told reporters after the Clippers fought back from a 27-point deficit to beat Memphis.

Interesting to see what the Clips do at the 3 spot. Huge win, but this could be a big loss in the process

Reyes6
04-30-2012, 05:47 AM
This may actually be a blessing in disguise, Butler has been terrible this year.

Kuya_Clive
04-30-2012, 06:38 AM
sucks to see another guy injured...

Knicks21
04-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Should be good for finals!

TeamStream25
04-30-2012, 08:29 AM
One of the most underrated players in the league. They aren't getting passed the Lakers or Thunder though...

kylem4711
04-30-2012, 11:20 AM
most of the leadership is on the bench... not cool

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-30-2012, 11:51 AM
The Clippers are a better scoring team IMO through the full 48 minutes without Butler.

I always see these Clipper games and Butler starts off hot going 5/6 from the field, 2/2 3 pters 12 points....and then we never seem to hear from him for the rest of the game. The guy is a first qtr guy, that's when he makes most of his contributions. At the end of the day, he's old, injury prone, and 3 steps slower on the defensive end.

shep33
04-30-2012, 12:00 PM
The Clippers are a better scoring team IMO through the full 48 minutes without Butler.

I always see these Clipper games and Butler starts off hot going 5/6 from the field, 2/2 3 pters 12 points....and then we never seem to hear from him for the rest of the game. The guy is a first qtr guy, that's when he makes most of his contributions. At the end of the day, he's old, injury prone, and 3 steps slower on the defensive end.

I agree. I wonder if they start Simmons though?

As strange of a season Butler has had, I think we can agree that he's better than Simmons lol.

I wonder if the Clips also go big at times. Kenyon can guard Rudy when need be. It'd be interesting seeing a Evans, Blake, and Kenyon frontline in the game at the same time. DJ was getting abused by Marc whenever he was guarding him

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Ouch. The knocks just keep on coming.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-30-2012, 12:14 PM
I agree. I wonder if they start Simmons though?

As strange of a season Butler has had, I think we can agree that he's better than Simmons lol.

I wonder if the Clips also go big at times. Kenyon can guard Rudy when need be. It'd be interesting seeing a Evans, Blake, and Kenyon frontline in the game at the same time. DJ was getting abused by Marc whenever he was guarding him

They do have the versatility, Kenyon, although big, is a guy who runs the floor well, so I don't see why the Clips can't go with 2 guards, Kmart, Blake and Jordan.

I think their 3 guard set of Paul-Foye/Mo-Young with any 2 bigs can be a good lineup.

If Mavs were able to go deep in the postseason and win the whole thing with Caron, these Clippers can do something of that sort in getting out of the 1st rd.

BH-Sports
04-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Its a loss but not a big one. Butler pretty much disappears throughout the game and isn't effective off the ball. More time for Mo and Nick Young

torocan
04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Another injury? *sigh*

Sorry to hear about Butler. I know he's not a huge part of the Clips, but he's still a part. And every injury on a team hurts.

On the bright side, the NBA injury list is starting to shape up to be a pretty solid squad now. :D

Celticsfan2007
04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Another one bites the dust... this shortened season really has made injuries play a major factor in playoff match-ups.

D12 - OUT
DRose - OUT
Ray Allen - day to day
Butler - OUT
Shumpert - OUT
Lin - returning soon?
C. Billups - OUT
J. O'Neal - OUT

What a crazy season...

Avenged
04-30-2012, 12:32 PM
I wish him well as I'm sure the Clippers do as well but the Clippers might just be better off without him. It was a bad signing to begin with.

Stinkyoutsider
04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
I think the Clippers will need to go with Nick Young as the full time 3. He's got the size and he's a good athlete. Bring in Foye into the starting lineup and hope he can help the offense by creating his own shot.

I think Butler is sort of a glue guy for the team? When Billips went down, I think him and CP3 were looked at as leaders on the floor. With Butler out, Griffin needs to step up and take that role, if he can get it done.

SluggeR
04-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Butler is not really what the clippers need at the 3, I would love for them to amnesty him and replace him with more versatile 3. I can see Young giving the Clips what they "lost" in Butler. If Young is willing to contribute in more ways than just scoring, he's actually a nice upgrade to Butler.

BlondeBomber41
04-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Butler is a pretty good defender, which will be missed. Nick Young won't stop anyone.

felixng2012
04-30-2012, 10:21 PM
To be frank not a huge loss.