PDA

View Full Version : Rondo suspended for Game 2

Bulls_fan90
04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Just got ejected for bumping an official, would be very costly for Boston.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuVU58uhsY

Fnom11
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM
He just singlehandedly lost Boston the series.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes, 1 game suspension, Hawks will go up 2-0.

b@llhog24
04-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Dude always lets his emotions get the better of him.

oballerc75
04-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Got himself ejected in the last minute of a 4 point game and got himself suspended... Way to keep your poise champ

xnick5757
04-29-2012, 09:32 PM

one game suspension is my guess. he only brushed him though, so idk

the ref was wrong though

Max.This
04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
that was a loose ball, shouldn't have been a call. He has a right to be mad, but the team def needed him, he can't let that happen

GoPacers33
04-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Smh

Sportfan
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
yea probably will get suspended. call was bs but you cant do that

although im not too worried tbh. allows boston to play with more size which atlana dosesnt exactly have. if pierce plays like he should and plays well in the point forward role like he did when rondo was out, celtics can win game 2

xnick5757
04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
and since this was worth a suspension - http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2012/01/25/lopez_play.nba/

im pretty sure rondo is getting at least a game

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 09:39 PM
oh yea, 1 game.

LGhost
04-29-2012, 09:42 PM
That was immediately after the ball went out of bounds off the Hawks and the refs called it off Rondo too... I was surprised he kept his composure there and after that loose ball crap, somebody had to get mad, blew the Celtics chances of finishing the game..

iam brett favre
04-29-2012, 09:42 PM
That definitely doesnt deserve a game, but it will probably get one

Avenged
04-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Enjoy your suspension Rondo :)

Metta knows how it feels.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-29-2012, 09:46 PM

Love your avatar Avenged! :clap:

ayuntalo
04-29-2012, 09:46 PM
SHOULD BE, criticizing an official is one thing but jawing and bumping an official seems very disrespectful..

P.S. Somebody enlighten me, Rondo has done something like this before right? or is it another player im thinking of..

RonE Coleman
04-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Hate the celtics but that doesn't deserve a suspension the call was BS to begin with

NYMetros
04-29-2012, 09:50 PM
SHOULD BE, criticizing an official is one thing but jawing and bumping an official seems very disrespectful..

P.S. Somebody enlighten me, Rondo has done something like this before right? or is it another player im thinking of..

He tossed a ball at a ref a few months ago

xnick5757
its automatic

from the NBA rule book

G. PHYSICAL CONTACT/SUSPENSION Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate.

source (http://www.basketball.com/nba/rules/comments.shtml#G)

:facepalm:

what an idiot, just cost the celtics the series

bucketss
random but i remember haslem throwing his mouth piece at a ref lol that was funny

shep33
04-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I just watched it. Really weak imo... sadly I think it'll get him a one gamer. Shouldn't be, but he'll probably get a game.

ayuntalo
04-29-2012, 09:52 PM
He tossed a ball at a ref a few months ago

yeah i think thats it, thanks bro

Wade>You
04-29-2012, 09:54 PM
The most I'd ever do is get up in the refs face, but I'd never make contact. As much as I don't respect the NBA officiating (Barkley says you gotta treat em like dogs, cuz that's what they are), there's a line that you don't cross with respect to the officials.

Hangtime
04-29-2012, 09:54 PM
It's the Hawks. Boston can probably win one game without him.

LA_Raiders
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
yep Atl 2-0 thanks to Rondo

shep33
04-29-2012, 09:57 PM
People saying "Boston is done"... c'mon now.

69centers
That was immediately after the ball went out of bounds off the Hawks and the refs called it off Rondo too... I was surprised he kept his composure there and after that loose ball crap, somebody had to get mad, blew the Celtics chances of finishing the game..

At least he was fired up, which is more than I can say for a few other players tonight. Pierce played horrible and KG blew in the first quarter.

what an idiot, just cost the celtics the series

Way to be behind your team, Mr. Pessimist. Even if we go down 2-0, we can win the next two in our building and tie it up.

Exactly.

Super.

if its anything more than a 1 game suspension, yes

Otherwise...no not really.

NYMetros

We can still win without Rondo, especially if Ray comes back. I don't think it's a guarantee Atlanta wins

Sssmush
04-29-2012, 09:59 PM
This will allow Boston a bit of an excuse, let them save some face. ("Uh, we didn't have RANDO, right?")

Baston gets a win in game 3 or game 4 and goes down 4-1.

Wade>You
04-29-2012, 09:59 PM
yep Atl 2-0 thanks to Rondo1 game suspension would be very generous from Stern. And Stern is not generous when it comes to protecting his refs.

RC3
04-29-2012, 10:00 PM
**** the refs. Bunch of no class douchebags.

NYMetros
04-29-2012, 10:01 PM
This will allow Boston a bit of an excuse, let them save some face. ("Uh, we didn't have RANDO, right?")

Right :rolleyes:

Wade>You
04-29-2012, 10:05 PM
its automatic

from the NBA rule book

G. PHYSICAL CONTACT/SUSPENSION Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate.

source (http://www.basketball.com/nba/rules/comments.shtml#G)

:facepalm:

what an idiot, just cost the celtics the seriesIt'll be minimum 1 game, but knowing Stern, it'll be more.

Wade>You
04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Gif: http://gifsoup.com/view7/3668761/rondo-gets-ejected-o.gif

MagicBucsSox
04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Lmaonthe stars are just aligning for Miami

It'sMyTime
04-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Dumb move, will probably cause the Celtics to be in an 0-2 hole

Mishmin
04-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Rondo will get suspended but C's are going to come out angry next game. I wouldnt automatically assume 0-2

Corey
04-29-2012, 10:09 PM
he should be suspended.

He deserves it.

His immaturity is one of the main reasons I dont want to build around him.

The Flash
04-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Gif: http://gifsoup.com/view7/3668761/rondo-gets-ejected-o.gif

I think it's only going to be one game though, you don't want to take the C's out of it, especially when this is probably their last run.

69centers
04-29-2012, 10:11 PM
he should be suspended.

He deserves it.

As dumb as it was, he at least showed passion in wanting to win this game, which is more than I can say for KG in the first quarter, who looked like he was still home sitting on his couch thinking about the game, rather than playing it. And Pierce, who did absolutely nothing tonight.

bucketss
04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
wait celtics werent at home? this loss isnt as bad as i thought they were getting smacked at home all this time

Wade>You
04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Lmaonthe stars are just aligning for Miamilmao, but Miami is favored to win it all (Vegas odds), so I don't see how the stars are aligning for us. Easier path? Sure.

Funny comment, but not cool with respect to the players that were injured.

Corey
04-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Pierce's shot was off, it's not like he wasn't trying.

Rondo played well, and threw it all out the window with yet another boneheaded move.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-29-2012, 10:20 PM

If Metta did that he would probably get 3 games :D

Wade>You
04-29-2012, 10:25 PM
It would suck if the playoffs lose another player, so I'm hoping Rondo only gets 1 game.

The goods
04-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Bad call but you can't touch the refs. The hawks are going up 2-0 without rondo and Allen ,didnt pierce say this was like the 08 team? I know they say that every year but he shouldn't have said it this year the hawks are out for revenge.

Corey
04-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Bad call but you can't touch the refs. The hawks are going up 2-0 without rondo and Allen ,didnt pierce say this was like the 08 team? I know they say that every year but he shouldn't have said it this year the hawks are out for revenge.

The Hawks-Celtics series went 7 games in their title year.

raiderfaninTX
04-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Probably one game, I applaud his passion for the game and the drive to win though.

You just have to channel it better

knicks4life33
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
rondo is so dumb. its playoff time and he let his emotions get the best of him at the worst time.

thekmp211
04-29-2012, 10:40 PM
he should be suspended.

He deserves it.

it's moments like this where its hard to argue. so good for most of the year, but does it matter if he is volatile when it counts?

As dumb as it was, he at least showed passion in wanting to win this game, which is more than I can say for KG in the first quarter, who looked like he was still home sitting on his couch thinking about the game, rather than playing it. And Pierce, who did absolutely nothing tonight.

the fact that he was so good tonight almost makes the chest bump worse.

we could all forget about this in a week. it's also possible he doesn't get suspended. but boston woke up feeling great about their chances with rose going down, but now it's back to square zero.

eibbor
04-29-2012, 10:42 PM
lmfao @ people saying he was right... He was wrong AND deserved to get tossed before touching the ref... If he only get's 1 game it's BS. Hawks have their number anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rondo is a talent and the refs have been a joke, but cmonnnnn man

eibbor
04-29-2012, 10:44 PM
it's moments like this where its hard to argue. so good for most of the year, but does it matter if he is volatile when it counts?

the fact that he was so good tonight almost makes the chest bump worse.

we could all forget about this in a week. it's also possible he doesn't get suspended. but boston woke up feeling great about their chances with rose going down, but now it's back to square zero.

You are right about most points but there is no way he doesn't get suspended, not even a possibility

hawks4
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM

Don't be so quick to say that. You're talking about a pesky group that bothers a lot of teams. Even if Boston ends up winning this series the Hawks won't go down easy.

NYK|NYY
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Wow, that really sucks for BOS and their fans. Never want to see a series potentially swing like that.

ayuntalo
04-29-2012, 10:54 PM
LMAO Rondo just said he just tripped and didnt bump the ref lol

lakersfan01
04-29-2012, 10:55 PM
He should NOT be suspended. He was walking after the ref expressing his displeasure with the call and the ref stopped and Rondo accidentally barely bumped into the ref... because the ref all of the sudden stopped. The refs these days are ridiculous girls about everything. NBA 7 game suspension of World Peace was excessive, don't make it worse by suspending Rondo for no reason making him miss a playoff game. That's BS.

thekmp211
You are right about most points but there is no way he doesn't get suspended, not even a possibility

well yeah but until it happens....anything is posssiblleeeeeeeeeee

eibbor
LMAO Rondo just said he just tripped and didnt bump the ref lol

Oops!

eibbor
04-29-2012, 10:56 PM
well yeah but until it happens....anything is posssiblleeeeeeeeeee

True true...

CelticFanatic20
04-29-2012, 11:12 PM
that bumb was nothing i dont think he should be suspended and that was a terribble call by the ref:mad:

dodie53
04-29-2012, 11:14 PM
K.i.t.

topdog
04-29-2012, 11:36 PM
I don't get why there aren't more traveling and foul calls on loose balls in general.

Rondo definitely will get 1 game - you've got to protect the officials even if people think it's silly.

blahblahyoutoo
04-29-2012, 11:45 PM
looks like he tripped over the refs foot. it wasn't an intentional bump. hopefully the league reviews it thoroughly and sees this.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 11:55 PM
looks like he tripped over the refs foot. it wasn't an intentional bump. hopefully the league reviews it thoroughly and sees this.

no way dude, it was an obvious intentional bump

Raph12
04-30-2012, 12:03 AM
If Turk got suspended for this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gafE6e7PFSs&feature=player_detailpage#t=19s), Rondo should definitely get atleast one game... Although I do agree it was a bs call.

NoahH
04-30-2012, 01:13 AM
This is why Rondo is such a headache for the Celtics organization. He's such a talented player but he's immature and stupid sometimes

Tragedy
04-30-2012, 02:27 AM
That definitely doesnt deserve a game, but it will probably get one
This.

It's stuff like this that is so annoying, mainly in baseball and basketball. If you just bump a ref, it's an automatic suspension. Really a shame.

But, in all honesty, I could not care less about him getting suspended.

corky831
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
lol at some of you stating the celtics are done, the celtics scraps on the bench almost beat ATL in ATL when home court was on the line and Atlanta playing all their starters. ATL played basically the best they could yesterday with some poor games from Pierce, Garnett, and Bradley....they shot 36 percent from the field or some **** like that.

ewing
04-30-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't get why there aren't more traveling and foul calls on loose balls in general.

Rondo definitely will get 1 game - you've got to protect the officials even if people think it's silly.

No you dont. Do you honestly think if Rondo doesnt get suspended everyone is going to start hitting refs?

LakersIn5
04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
either way. i think the hawks win the series.

Corey
04-30-2012, 11:40 AM
that bumb was nothing i dont think he should be suspended and that was a terribble call by the ref:mad:

Strong username to post content ratio :p

Celticsfan2007
04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Rondo deserves his 1 game suspension. I hope he can come back in game 3 and really turn it on... I'm not worried about game 2, I think Pierce can play the point forward quite well for one game spurts.

torocan
04-30-2012, 11:50 AM
1 game suspension is pretty much a given.

As for the trip excuse, to paraphase Charles Barkley's response...

"He lying. He lying."

Rondo is trying to cover his butt and hoping the League will take it and use it as a face saving gesture to not suspend him. Some crap like "On review...".

That said, it hurts revenue if Rondo is out.

So wouldn't be surprised if Rondo got a Superstar call on this.

Celticsfan2007
04-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Rondo isn't getting a superstar call on this one. He has a history of getting into it with ref's.

corky831
04-30-2012, 01:17 PM
rondo absolutely in the wrong, but some of these refs officiate as if the game is about them, and not about the players. The best refs are the ones you don't notice on the court. This Davis guy has something against the Celtics, and has a history of ****ing them over....now that is no excuse for rondo, bc that behavior is not allowed, but the nba is so rigged its not even funny....another POS ref discussing Davis as a ref:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21195746/donaghy-dc-ref-davis-has-rabbit-ears

ccspence8
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
he should be suspended.

He deserves it.

STFU he was the only reason we were in the game. Stop questioning his passion and leadership. Pierce, Garnett, Bass, Bradley were all non-existent. He's probably gonna get a one game suspension for two huge blown calls by the refs against the Celtics..similar to what they did against the Knicks with Lebron's ghost fouls.

The funny thing is the ref stopped short and he did sort of lose his balance. He got ejected for it and that should be it. That call cost any chance we had of winning the game. Up until that point we had all the momentum in the 4th quarter.

And people are saying the Hawks got the Celtics?! They played the best that they could've and still almost lost to a Celtics team that wasn't clicking. Unless Rondo is suspended for 2+ games...the Celtics will NOT lose this series.

Corey
04-30-2012, 01:46 PM
he should be suspended.

He deserves it.

STFU he was the only reason we were in the game. Stop questioning his passion and leadership. Pierce, Garnett, Bass, Bradley were all non-existent. He's probably gonna get a one game suspension for two huge blown calls by the refs against the Celtics..similar to what they did against the Knicks with Lebron's ghost fouls.

The funny thing is the ref stopped short and he did sort of lose his balance. He got ejected for it and that should be it. That call cost any chance we had of winning the game. Up until that point we had all the momentum in the 4th quarter.

And people are saying the Hawks got the Celtics?! They played the best that they could've and still almost lost to a Celtics team that wasn't clicking. Unless Rondo is suspended for 2+ games...the Celtics will NOT lose this series.
Mature..tell me to 'stfu' because I formed an opinion different from yours. Touche.

Ps, nowhere in my post did I say a word about passion.

PPS, your Sig needs an update, Celtics are down 1-0

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-30-2012, 01:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7872911/2012-nba-playoffs-david-stern-says-boston-celtics-rajon-rondo-obviously-bumped-ref

ccspence8
04-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Mature..tell me to 'stfu' because I formed an opinion different from yours. Touche.

PPS, your Sig needs an update, Celtics are down 1-0

For the past year, you have constantly **** on Rondo if he sneezes. And the simple fact is he is the best player on the team. You always complain about his inconsistency well than what does the 10+ assist streak mean? He ALWAYS shows up in the playoffs when things matter most.

The last two calls pretty much cost us any shot of the game. He reacted in the moment and now because the NBA is so SOFT when it comes to any type of fouls they will over-exaggerate a bump (in which the ref stopped short). Its playoff basketball, he got ejected from the game that SHOULD be penalty enough.

Corey
04-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Im critical of a player that has gigantic flaws.

Shame on me.

God forbid I look at the Celtics objectively rather than be the blind homer that Celtic fans want me to be.

Wade>You
04-30-2012, 02:35 PM

PPS, your Sig needs an update, Celtics are down 1-0I hate that... why don't people just take a step back and think about they really want to say before typing out the first thing that comes to their mind? Too many posts start off with some kind of insult... at least it's a heads-up to skip that post (as a mod you probably have to read it all, though).

Wade>You
04-30-2012, 02:38 PM
rondo absolutely in the wrong, but some of these refs officiate as if the game is about them, and not about the players. The best refs are the ones you don't notice on the court. This Davis guy has something against the Celtics, and has a history of ****ing them over....now that is no excuse for rondo, bc that behavior is not allowed, but the nba is so rigged its not even funny....another POS ref discussing Davis as a ref:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21195746/donaghy-dc-ref-davis-has-rabbit-earsperhaps, but that one play where Rondo was arguing, that was clearly a foul on the Celtics player. The Hawk player came away with the ball and a Celtics player smacked him (inadvertently) across the face.

Corey
04-30-2012, 02:42 PM

PPS, your Sig needs an update, Celtics are down 1-0I hate that... why don't people just take a step back and think about they really want to say before typing out the first thing that comes to their mind? Too many posts start off with some kind of insult... at least it's a heads-up to skip that post (as a mod you probably have to read it all, though).haha pretty much

I don't care if people disagree with me, that's what the forum is for...I just find it pointless to get offended or pissy when someone makes completely valid criticisms.

I don't dislike Rondo on the Celtics. I point out his flaws, and people don't like it.

I've always maintained that he is a top 8 point guard that is a perfect fit for Boston as they are currently constructed

GThawks
04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Nm

GThawks
04-30-2012, 02:49 PM

You can't be serious. Hawks played the best they could of? Our leading scorer went 3-15 and had 11 points...Josh Smith had a good game stats wise but he shot 8-20...Hawks can play MUCH better. You sound just like Magic fans after we beat them in the 1st game last year.

Corey
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
To be fair, pierce's lack of production matched Johnson's.

GThawks
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
To be fair, pierce's lack of production matched Johnson's.

True but both teams can play better than what we saw yesterday.

Corey
04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
No doubt.

Hawks shouldn't have any excuse for not winning game 2 if Rondo is out, though.

Lock down one of KG or Pierce, and the Celtics are done for.

Chronz
04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Rondo apologist are pathetic, he didn't mean to bump him? It wasn't a smack to Smiths face? Those were all legit calls.

Thats not passion, thats immaturity. Look at the suspect, its not the least bit surprising.

You want passion, look at the technical CP3 got.

ccspence8
04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Im critical of a player that has gigantic flaws.

Shame on me.

God forbid I look at the Celtics objectively rather than be the blind homer that Celtic fans want me to be.

Really? He is a top 4 PG in the game, no question. Top 8 wouldn't even make him an all star. Besides his jump shot, and sometimes gambling on steals/passes he really has minimal flaws. And his jump shot is not as bad as people make it out to be.

I'm not a homer, Im just sick of the amount of discredit Rondo gets from his own fans. This is truely our last shot. We still have a chance at the Finals thanks to Rose's injury. We have a shot to beat the Heat. But we need to get past the pesky Hawks first, and I don't see them playing better than they did last night.

We can still win without Rondo, but Pierce/Garnett and Bradley need to step up.

Corey
04-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Really? He is a top 4 PG in the game, no question.
:laugh2: @ "Top 4 no doubt"

Say hi to Paul, Rose, Williams, Westbrook, Nash and Parker.

Top 8 wouldn't even make him an all star.
Considering he made the all star team this year due to an injury, that sounds about right.

Besides his jump shot, and sometimes gambling on steals/passes he really has minimal flaws.
Yeah, because shooting and fundamental defense aren't huge parts of basketball or anything.

And his jump shot is not as bad as people make it out to be.Yes it is. He hasn't improved at all since he's been in the league.

He actually shot a career low from 10-15 feet this year.

ChicagoJ
04-30-2012, 04:31 PM
I remember seeing Patrick Ewing talk after a playoff game where he was ejected or something along those lines, and he was very upset with himself for letting opposing players take him out of his game and get him to loose his composure. Veteran players have to be able to compose themselves and not let the officials or other players take them out of the game like that. It's on Rondo for letting that happen (although it didn't look bad at all to me).

lakerskbp24
04-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Celtics GM Danny Ainge told @SherrodbCSN that Rajon Rondo is suspended for Game 2.
https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/197067042589904896

justinnum1
04-30-2012, 05:01 PM
yea, can't be bumping the ref

Tragedy
04-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Sucks for Celtics. I'd like to see them get swept personally.

Corey
04-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Not even a little bit surprised. Completely expected and deserved.

TheWhiteMamba
04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Rondo might have just blew his team's chances of winning the series. Luckily for Boston, you never know what Atlanta team will show up.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm guessing this means the Celtics try to get Allen in for tomorrow. If it means anything, when KG was suspended for game 2 against the Heat a couple of seasons ago and it got the Celtics rolling and they won game 2 by 30. Just trying to be optimistic:shrug:

justinnum1
04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm guessing this means the Celtics try to get Allen in for tomorrow. If it means anything, when KG was suspended for game 2 against the Heat a couple of seasons ago and it got the Celtics rolling and they won game 2 by 30. Just trying to be optimistic:shrug:

idk...rondo is the engine that makes that team run...still expect boston to win this series.

Corey
04-30-2012, 05:14 PM
They played really well without Rondo when he was out earlier this year.

I expect Allen to attempt to play with Bradley at the point.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-30-2012, 05:17 PM
idk...rondo is the engine that makes that team run...still expect boston to win this series.

My point was maybe this motivates the team. KG is also the team MVP btw...

SteveNash
04-30-2012, 05:47 PM
BS suspension. Obviously Rondo tripped.

evadatam5150
04-30-2012, 05:51 PM

Artest would have gotten life for that.. Celtics are fortunate it was only one game... :D

ne3xchamps
04-30-2012, 06:01 PM
No surprise here. I'm just glad it was only 1 game. Hopefully the c's will play better in game 2 and not go home down 0-2.

Corey
04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
BS suspension. Obviously Rondo tripped.

Do you honestly believe that?

49ersLALSFGiant
04-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Rondo suspended two games for bumping official..
Bye bye celtics

49ersLALSFGiant
04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Mods please help with link just saw it breaking news scrolling on espn

whitvalid
04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
if you said one game this wouldn't be a lie

Corey
04-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Rondo suspended two games for bumping official..
Bye bye celtics

Suspended FOR game 2 =/= 2 game suspension.

49ersLALSFGiant
04-30-2012, 06:14 PM
My bad read it wrong too damn tired right now

NoahH
04-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Hawks will take a 2-0 lead now

49ersLALSFGiant
04-30-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a feeling Paul pierce is gonna have a huge game something like 28 and 9 assist.,Boston pulls game two out

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Why, bump the ref, Green Goblin, why?!?

On a side note, it's funny how far Rondo has come that so many people are now saying that Boston has no chance with him being suspended for one game. I can remember when everyone that he was the wilted leaf in the clover, err, I meant the weakest link in the chain. :)

ccspence8
04-30-2012, 08:14 PM

Considering he made the all star team this year due to an injury, that sounds about right.

Yeah, because shooting and fundamental defense aren't huge parts of basketball or anything.

Yes it is. He hasn't improved at all since he's been in the league.

Williams is overrated, Westbrook is practically a SG, Nash is 38 years old gtfoh, and Parker had a great season but Rondo is still better.

Rose, Paul, Rondo, Westbrook, Williams, Parker

If Westbrook was more consistent and passed the ball more he'd be a much better player. But games where he goes 3 for 20 just takes touches away from Durant.

Rondo doesn't have FUNDAMENTAL DEFENSE?! Seriously now. Top 5 perimeter defender in the game, and lead the league in steals the other year. Yeah who am I kidding, he only had 11.7 assists per game. More than Nash, CP3, Kidd, and Williams have ever done in their respective careers. He's probably the 3rd greatest assist man below Stockton and Magic. :rolleyes:

Maybe you forgot what a point guard is supposed to do, but they are supposed to lead their team and SETUP the offense. Just because a player has more points per game in the regular season that doesn't necessarily make him a better PG just a better shooter.

And Rondo can score, he kept us in the game and hes done it before when the Big 3 can't get anything going.

2-ONE-5
04-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Wonder if the Celtics will try and force/rush Allen back now?

Everything seems to be falling in place for Miami right now its crazy. Also the Bulls and Sixers have to love this too (Rather you think the Sixers still cant be the Bulls or not is irrelevant here). Sixers owned the Hawks this year and I think the Bulls even without Rose would be able to take the Hawks

felixng2012
05-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Nba blows now with ****** officiating and dumb suspensions. Honestly I have never seen a single ref that did not flat out suck. Giving techs for the dumbest things, wrong calls all the time, being power hungry bastards, showing ridiculous favoritism, etc.

felixng2012
05-01-2012, 01:01 AM

Yes it is. He hasn't improved at all since he's been in the league.

Your kidding me right? Rondo is better than an old Nash. Deron Williams is the most overrated PG ever(people said he was better than CP3:facepalm:) and he has a crap season. Paul and Rose are definitely better. Westbrook is more of an SG and Parker is debatable.

Corey
05-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Edit: Not even worth the time to respond. Have a nice night.

dodie53
05-01-2012, 02:51 AM
the C's are screwed

shep33
05-01-2012, 03:11 AM
I don't like that he was suspended, but sadly it falls under the NBA's rules.

That being said, I don't think people should count out the Celtics for game 2

hornetsfansydne
05-01-2012, 03:32 AM
I don't understand why everyone is saying the call is wrong. You can clearly see Bass dive over the top of Smith and absolutely clobbers him! Clearest call I have seen in a long time, then Rondo gets annoyed for no reason so deservedly gets the T then bumps so gets thrown, I can't understand why people think its a wrong call?

xk4
05-01-2012, 06:24 AM
That call may have been right, but he wasn't "annoyed" for no reason

Moments before that play Josh Smith slapped the ball out of bounds and they called it off of Rondo. He barked at the ref then and probably should have gotten a T. But on the next bad call (from his perspective I guess) he just lost it

Not the best way to lead a team, getting yourself suspended. He should have just walked away and I'm not defending him, but the refs were terrible throughout the game

bagwell368
05-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Really? He is a top 4 PG in the game, no question.

Rondo is in the #6-8 group IMO) - when he's on the floor of course, but he was suspended for 2 games earlier this season (tossing ball at ref), and missed games with injuries. Rondo was a much better player in the 2008-2010 seasons. He was just above average last year (see his 16 game lay down after the Perk deal), and if it wasn't for guys like Curry being hurt, or other guys getting old, Rondo would be outside the top 10 this year (see his FG%, FT%, STL%, TOV%, Reb totals) - all at or near career lows this year.

How can a guy that doesn't show up to play against weak teams and weak opponents be elite?

How can a guy that has screwed the pooch emotionally every single year since he was a Freshman in college be elite?

How can a guy you can't count on to show up every night and keep his head be a leader? What will the Celts look like after the retirements with Rondo as the #1 or #2 player? All those #1 draft picks learning the Rondo way (poor practice habits, erratic play, emotional outbursts) - yeah, I can see another dynasty starting - a losing dynasty.

xk4
05-01-2012, 07:03 AM
IMO

We've read your opinion a million times. You don't need to post a "Rondo sucks" text-wall every time the opportunity presents itself.

Corey
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
We've read your opinion a million times. You don't need to post a "Rondo sucks" text-wall every time the opportunity presents itself.

Put him on your ignore list then.

He's just as entitled to form his own opinion as you are.

YoungOne
05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Put him on your ignore list then.

He's just as entitled to form his own opinion as you are.

thank you, didnt know this was possible here.

NYMetros
05-01-2012, 10:12 PM

Yes, 1 game suspension, Hawks will go up 2-0.

Woops.

kalveinarthur
05-01-2012, 11:03 PM
He should be! damn it! ihe is so upset why did you bring some chest at the referee? Get outta here! ufo sightings (http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/2012/04/ufo-or-orb-over-rome-italy-28-apr-2012.html)