PDA

View Full Version : LINSANITY will make return in Game 4 of Heat-Knicks

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-29-2012, 05:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7870114/2012-nba-playoffs-jeremy-lin-new-york-knicks-hopes-return-miami-heat-series

MIAMI -- One day after cutting and moving laterally on his surgically repaired left knee, New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin says he hopes to return to the court during New York's first-round series with the Miami Heat, possibly as soon as Game 4 on May 6.

"I think I'm gonna evaluate it at the end of the week and see," Lin said after the Knicks' practice on Sunday. "Hopefully I'll feel good by then ... the main thing is to be able to play without thinking about (the injury)."

Lin has already ruled himself out for Games 2 and 3.

The Knicks could also be without center Tyson Chandler (flu) in Game 2 on Monday night. Chandler missed practice on Sunday and interim coach Mike Woodson said the 7-foot-1 center is a game-time decision after his flu symptoms didn't improve overnight.

"I don't know what he's going to feel like tomorrow so hopefully a miracle happens overnight and he' ready to play," the coach said. As for Lin, he played one-on-one with Knicks assistant Kenny Atkinson on Saturday, cutting and moving laterally for the first time since undergoing surgery on April 2 to repair a meniscus tear in his left knee.

On Sunday, Lin noted that he felt "soreness" in his knee. He planned to stay off of it for the rest of the day and re-evaluate the knee on Monday. Lin seemed discouraged about the discomfort on Sunday, calling it a "setback."

"Every day we add something new, so we don't know how it's gonna respond," Lin said.

The second-year guard said he will take contact for the first time this week and hoped to be healthy May 6 when the Knicks host Game 4 at Madison Square Garden.

"I don't really want to make a promise because I just don't know how I'm gonna feel," said Lin, who has been out since March 24. "If I felt good today then that would be more of a possibility, but I didn't feel that great today."

According to the Knicks, Lin was originally expected to return six weeks after surgery. That would set him on course for a return during the second round, but Lin's timetable changed after he played one-on-one with Atkinson on Saturday. Just three days earlier, he had struggled with low-intensity, side-to-side movement and jogging.

"I could do a lot more than I thought I could (on Saturday)," Lin said. " ... It kind of happened really fast."

The Knicks trail the best-of-seven series 1-0 after an embarrassing 33-point loss in Game 1 on Saturday. If the Knicks are down 3-0 going into Game 4, it would make little sense to rush back Lin and risk him re-injuring his knee.

Woodson added that Lin would be playing limited minutes if he returned.

"After going through (surgery), he won't be in basketball shape," Woodson said. "My job is to gauge him ... and make sure he's giving us solid minutes within the short minutes that he plays."

Woodson is dealing with more pressing injuries than Lin's.

Chandler, the Knicks' starting center, has shown little improvement from the flu that limited him to just 21 minutes in Game 1. Chandler was slow to react to rebound opportunities and shots near the rim, finishing with three rebounds, zero points and seven turnovers.

"He's just barely hanging in there," Woodson said of Chandler's condition on Sunday. "He gave 21 minutes but it wasn't the Tyson that we're used to having on the floor."

Woodson also said that Baron Davis (back) may be a game-time decision. The Knicks' starting point guard was limited in practice on Sunday after sitting out most of the second half of Game 1 due to back stiffness.

Davis vowed to suit up Sunday.

"If I wake up in the morning I'm playing," he said.

Chacarron
04-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Cool, it won't make much difference.

knicks4life33
04-29-2012, 05:27 PM
wish we coulda had him for game 1 woulda helped with the ball handling and all those turnovers that led to fast break points

ryang
04-29-2012, 05:28 PM
lin wont make a difference.. i beleive we ended linsanity and i really dont see how it be hard 2 do so again.. expecially after surgery

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 05:36 PM
lin makes that team worse, im sure he still has nightmares of that 1-11fg 9 turnovers performance from miami.

Wade>You
04-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Hopefully he comes back strong with no lingering effects. IMO, Lin is what makes the Knicks go, so the games/rivalry will be more intriguing if he's back.

Jenceman
04-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Will help, maybe enough to get em a win.

Wade>You
04-29-2012, 05:41 PM
lin makes that team worse, im sure he still has nightmares of that 1-11fg 9 turnovers performance from miami.Miami game aside, the Knicks never looked like the team they were supposed to be until they signed Lin. There's no doubt he will help them, IMO.

KnicksorBust
04-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Last year Amar'e and Billups banged up and now Chandler-Lin. These losse are so much harder to take knowing we can't even give these teams our best effort.

Donuts365
04-29-2012, 05:44 PM
could be good but mabe to late plus amare melo didnt really mesh well

gwrighter
04-29-2012, 05:46 PM
doesn't matter if he comes back, net difference is minimal.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Miami game aside, the Knicks never looked like the team they were supposed to be until they signed Lin. There's no doubt he will help them, IMO.

I hope lin comes back. i think they are worse with him, not to mention he would be very very rusty and probably turn it over a bunch of times.

Worst thing that can happen is they bring him back to soon and he does some serious damage to that knee. Not worth it imo.

Also, what are the knicks record when chandler, melo, amare and lin all play?

NoahH
04-29-2012, 05:50 PM
lin makes that team worse, im sure he still has nightmares of that 1-11fg 9 turnovers performance from miami.

That's what I'm thinking. He got destroyed by Miami

meloman1592
04-29-2012, 05:53 PM
There's no guarantee he'll be back game 4...

lakerboy
04-29-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't know why he is rushing to come back. He should be more cautious, think long term.

Evolution23
04-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Lin will be rusty as hell but we could use his PG play.

kjoke
04-29-2012, 06:01 PM
If lin was a great defender, and average 10 assists for every 1 turnover, then yeah. Maybe. The Knicks need a lot, but most importantly they need to play under control.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
I hope lin comes back. i think they are worse with him, not to mention he would be very very rusty and probably turn it over a bunch of times.

Worst thing that can happen is they bring him back to soon and he does some serious damage to that knee. Not worth it imo.

I dont know the exact record, but I believe it is very good

rhymeratic
04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
In other news... I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
In other news... I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Ew...really...that is so gross!

2-ONE-5
04-29-2012, 06:07 PM
is he bringing the broom?

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 06:08 PM

take a victory lap

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-29-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm changing my prediction from heat in 5 to heat in 4

TmacBryant
04-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Wait so New York is going to finally win a champion?

oak2455
04-29-2012, 06:23 PM

The same broom Mark Jackson used on the Sixers ?? Maybe :D

VillaMaravilla
04-29-2012, 06:25 PM

to you everyone makes our team worse your really getting boring my dude for real, enjoy the series and if you win congrats.....

MTL_123
04-29-2012, 06:26 PM
i just think this is a desperate move by the knicks cuz shumper is hurt now kind of wat we had to do last year against chicago with Haslem. Lin is probably not even 50% healthy.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 06:26 PM
to you everyone makes our team worse your really getting boring my dude for real, enjoy the series and if you win congrats.....

pretty much:)

amare +stat=fail.

chandler
melo
novak
fields
davis

and we got a series.

VillaMaravilla
04-29-2012, 06:27 PM
you guys have so much hate for NY it aint even funny, never once have I seeon so many fans sweating our team when they should be worried about theirs!.....from now on im not even going to bother with you trash bags and im going to let the series play it self out!

BKLYNpigeon
04-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Lin will be a non factor. Knicks will be swept.

VillaMaravilla
04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
pretty much:)

amare +stat=fail.

chandler
melo
novak
fields
davis

and we got a series.

you live in Miami right? damn my dude you really need to get a life and stop living on psd, hit the beach go to dolphin mall get away from the computer!

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 06:30 PM
you live in Miami right? damn my dude you really need to get a life and stop living on psd, hit the beach go to dolphin mall get away from the computer!

I dont like dolphin mall, im closer to boca/galleria.

I do my work on a computer so im always online.

VillaMaravilla
04-29-2012, 06:31 PM
you joined psd the same year I did and you have 26k more post then me SMH kind of sad

QueensG
04-29-2012, 06:31 PM

your a cornball...anyway why do these knick haters make threads on the main forum?? trolls...troll on

TylerSL
04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
If I were the Knicks I would see where the series is at before I play him. If the Knicks are down 3-0 going into Game 4, the series will be over, no way the Knicks would win that. Why would they bring him back when they are going to lose anyway? I would just have him ready for next season. But if the Knicks are only down 1-2 or somehow have a 2-1 lead I would try it if he is healthy. Seriously, he couldnt hurt.

VillaMaravilla
I dont like dolphin mall, im closer to boca/galleria.

then go visit my dude go get a fresh of breath air do something, Like your boy Lebron said your all going back to your same problems when this is all said and done dont sweat it so much its just a game which you aint benefiting from!

beasted86
I don't know why he is rushing to come back. He should be more cautious, think long term.

Yeah, when he is 100% healthy, then he should play. No player is ever 100%, but you get my point.

VillaMaravilla
04-29-2012, 06:34 PM
your a cornball...anyway why do these knick haters make threads on the main forum?? trolls...troll on

I have n idea, some of these cats really need to let their computers take a break and stop riding the Knicks so hard for real

QueensG
04-29-2012, 06:37 PM
you guys are obsessed with us Bro...that's why your heat fan base is weak..y'all spend too much time thinking about every other team...like my ***** villamaravilla said..go get some *** on the beach...im pretty sure there's something else y'all can do then sweat our testicles

QueensG
04-29-2012, 06:41 PM
keep putting white shirts on your empty seats..can't even fill up the arena and y'all got an MVP on your team...smh pathetic

MTL_123
04-29-2012, 06:43 PM
if lin come back he better come back 100% i dnt want to see someone else get a seriour injury like rose cuz he wasnt 100%

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 06:44 PM
lmao, knicks fans still talking **** lol

basketfan4life
04-29-2012, 06:45 PM

according to you, they are worse with amare and they are worse with lin...You give them no credit :) i wouldn't too if my favourite team handed them a 33 pts blowout.

QueensG
04-29-2012, 06:46 PM
lmao, knicks fans still talking **** lol

say something relevant man...this sarcastic act you have going on is so corny

knicks4life33
04-29-2012, 06:46 PM
only come back if we are in the series.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM
according to you, they are worse with amare and they are worse with lin...You give them no credit :) i wouldn't too if my favourite team handed them a 33 pts blowout.

amare and melo dont work because the spacing is awful, i'm not making **** up here, its just what i see. there is no chemistry between them.

IMO amare needs an elite PG to get the most out of him. Melo is a great scorer but when you have the offesnive game plan woodson had yesterday you saw how easy it was for miami to defend him.

I just hope chandler is feeling better tomorrow, he really should not have played yesterday.

felixng2012
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM
******** thread. Love how anyone can think a rusty Lin who got dominated by the Heat when he was healthy will have such an impact. Maybe if god helps him out a bit. :facepalm:

This is coming from a Knick and Lin fan.

MTL_123
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
******** thread. Love how anyone can think a rusty Lin who got dominated by the Heat when he was healthy will have such an impact. Maybe if god helps him out a bit. :facepalm:

lol

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 06:51 PM
seriously, dont play the kid, not worth risking an injury on him, last thing i want to see is this kid get hurt because the knicks medical staff rushed him back.

torocan
04-29-2012, 06:51 PM
amare and melo dont work because the spacing is awful, i'm not making **** up here, its just what i see. there is no chemistry between them.

This. I've been advocating moving STAT to the bench for a Harden/KG kind of role for some time now (since Linsanity actually).

IMO amare needs an elite PG to get the most out of him. Melo is a great scorer but when you have the offesnive game plan woodson had yesterday you saw how easy it was for miami to defend him.

I suspect the best way to make them work is move STAT and Lin to play off the bench (maximising STAT and keeping Lin's minutes down some). Of course, with Shumpert out it kind of makes the Starting Unit a bit harder to work out. Would probably have to be something like Melo/Chandler/Fields/Davis and possibly Jeffries.

I just hope chandler is feeling better tomorrow, he really should not have played yesterday.

Agreed. It never bodes well when your All Star defensive center is on an IV before AND After the game.

thekmp211
04-29-2012, 06:52 PM
honestly, why? they will still be swept. just get 100% for next season. but we all know the real reason why this is happening...so casual fans will tune into a most-likely meaningless game 4.

felixng2012
04-29-2012, 06:53 PM
No point in him rushing back. Tyson Chandler has the flu, Baron Davis has a bad back. Stat and Melo can't work well together on the floor due to spacing. Shumpert is done for the season. At best we steal one game at home if even that.

QueensG
04-29-2012, 06:54 PM

yeah same was said when Lin was rotting on the bench before linsanity.."he's a scrub, he's trash, d league scrub, blah blah blah...lets just see what happens...cool?

torocan
04-29-2012, 06:55 PM
honestly, why? they will still be swept. just get 100% for next season. but we all know the real reason why this is happening...so casual fans will tune into a most-likely meaningless game 4.

Couple obvious reasons.

1) Woodson is probably pressuring/guilting him to return with Shumpert out.
2) Lin really is close to his team mates, and hates leaving them in the lurch.

That said, unless the series is 2-1 or 1-2, there's no sense in playing him before his knee is 100% unless the medical staff clears him.

If it's 3-0, makes more sense to preserve him since he has a hopefully long career ahead of him unless he's truly 100%.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Agreed. It never bodes well when your All Star defensive center is on an IV before AND After the game.

Yea, not sure woodson will move stat, but if you guys lost tomorrow i can see woody making a move. And honestly, who gives a **** if amare's feelings are hurt becuase he was moved to the bench, the guy is making 20mil out there, probably wearing a ski mask when he picks up his check.

If woodson is rushing for lin to return to try and save his own job(which i dont think is the casse) but if it is then thats crazy

Holydiver
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
just in time to get swept

P Styles
04-29-2012, 06:57 PM
by then it will be far too late. Miami is the better team with or without Lin.

Sucks we drew the short straw and had to face them in the first round.

felixng2012
04-29-2012, 06:58 PM
yeah same was said when Lin was rotting on the bench before linsanity.."he's a scrub, he's trash, d league scrub, blah blah blah...lets just see what happens...cool?
:facepalm: I am a big Lin fan just face the facts. Lin coming off injury won't make much of a difference and its not worth it. Last time he had 8 TOs and minimal impact. What makes you think it will be any different when he is rusty? He would make a big difference against the Pacers but not against the Heat. He still has a lot to improve on. The Heat is probably the team that gives him the most trouble by forcing him to turnover the ball and getting easy fastbreak points.

thekmp211
04-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Couple obvious reasons.

1) Woodson is probably pressuring/guilting him to return with Shumpert out.
2) Lin really is close to his team mates, and hates leaving them in the lurch.

That said, unless the series is 2-1 or 1-2, there's no sense in playing him before his knee is 100% unless the medical staff clears him.

If it's 3-0, makes more sense to preserve him since he has a hopefully long career ahead of him unless he's truly 100%.

i'd lean with two, as the major factor with 1 sort of feeding off of that. the knicks brass has to know that they aren't gonna swing this series with or without him. that said, he's also taken a really long time to recover from this surgery. if he is truly 100%, then i guess there's no reason not to. but i doubt he is truly 100%, in which case it's just a silly risk to take esp. after what we saw yesterday. i love me some lin, but i'd rather he just shapes up for next season. i would still prob tune in to see how he did, ffs. oh well.

QueensG
04-29-2012, 07:01 PM
:facepalm: I am a big Lin fan just face the facts. Lin coming off injury won't make much of a difference and its not worth it. Last time he had 8 TOs and minimal impact. What makes you think it will be any different when he is rusty? He would make a big difference against the Pacers but not against the Heat. He still has a lot to improve on.

Damn b your really throwing in the towel..to eaches own

felixng2012
04-29-2012, 07:01 PM
i'd lean with two, as the major factor with 1 sort of feeding off of that. the knicks brass has to know that they aren't gonna swing this series with or without him. that said, he's also taken a really long time to recover from this surgery. if he is truly 100%, then i guess there's no reason not to. but i doubt he is truly 100%, in which case it's just a silly risk to take esp. after what we saw yesterday. i love me some lin, but i'd rather he just shapes up for next season. i would still prob tune in to see how he did, ffs. oh well.

The bolded isn't true at all. He is actually slightly ahead of schedule.

xxplayerxx23
04-29-2012, 07:02 PM
is a philly fan talking about getting swept??? You guys are ganna lose to the bulls without rose, youll be lucky to get a game.

felixng2012
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Losing to the Cavs was such a crappy loss. The Pacers got beaten by a crippled Magic at home. Would have been a good series for us if we got the 6th seed....

BigBlueCrew
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Damn b your really throwing in the towel..to eaches own

this....referring to a game that happened all the way in February. Geez some fan

oak2455
04-29-2012, 07:16 PM
anything u gotta do to take your mind off getting swept.

Funny thing is you'll get smoked and will be swept minus Rose:clap::clap: ohhhh and you probably had no idea who Mark Jackson is:D

oak2455
04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
is a philly fan talking about getting swept??? You guys are ganna lose to the bulls without rose, youll be lucky to get a game.

exactly:clap:

thekmp211
04-29-2012, 07:21 PM
The bolded isn't true at all. He is actually slightly ahead of schedule.

yeah what i was referring to was before he had elected for surgery, there was some speculation as to whether it was necessary or not. i got that confused with his recovery time, and you're right, he's actually well ahead of schedule considering when they cut him open. which makes me even more reluctant to have him play.

cubbie92
04-29-2012, 07:21 PM

I agree. I think Derrick Rose would agree too.

Punk
04-29-2012, 07:32 PM
He soid his knee doesn't feel great yet. I doubt he will make it in time.

If he does, that's huge news because we need another guard due to Baron's back problems now and Shumpert's injury. Lin doesn't need to do anything but play 12 minutes of solid ball. I don't want him playing anything more than 20 minutes atleast. Lin and Shump need to be healthy come next season.

Kashmir13579
04-29-2012, 07:51 PM

What an idiotic statement.

knicks=love
04-29-2012, 08:02 PM
he shouldn't come back for this series. why risk making your knee worse when we were already embarrassed in game 1? i'd much rather him sit out and be full strength next year than risk another injury now.

blastmasta26
04-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Lin would be huge help, but I don't want him to rush things. He's a Harvard alum, so he'll probably do the smart thing anyway lol

boolish
04-29-2012, 08:06 PM
I doubt they bring him back for only ONE game.

Missing56&33
04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
I think if Lin comes back for game 4 it will only make a difference if we win a game or 2. If he comes back down 3-0 it won't matter much in the series.

king4day
04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
lin wont make a difference.. i beleive we ended linsanity and i really dont see how it be hard 2 do so again.. expecially after surgery

I'm pretty sure it was New Orleans who stopped Linsanity

LA_Raiders
04-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Lin might make Stern change the outcome to NY...

2-ONE-5
04-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Funny thing is you'll get smoked and will be swept minus Rose:clap::clap: ohhhh and you probably had no idea who Mark Jackson is:D

hhaha like i said man anything to get your mind of them brooms. whens the last time the Sixers got swept in the playoffs. Whens the last time th eKnicks got swept in the playoffs? LOL

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Lin might make Stern change the outcome to NY...

lol

Chronz
04-29-2012, 08:47 PM
One of the NBA's least effective PG passers is going to help the Knicks with their turnovers, thats a sad team.

tr3ymill3r
04-29-2012, 08:59 PM
He's rushing to come back, because he was a flash in the pan and is not going to live up to this Linsanity hype. Mid season next year, we won't hear from this guy but once a month. If this guy did play, wouldn't it have been worse with all of his turnovers too? He's also not dropping 30, so what's the point? Rest up and try again next season.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 09:08 PM
One of the NBA's least effective PG passers is going to help the Knicks with their turnovers, thats a sad team.

lol

gotoHcarolina52
04-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Linept makes its return to South Beach. Can't wait.

Dankster
04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't want to see him rushing back too soon. Chalmers made him look awful the last time he played down in Miami, I think he had around 7 or 8 To's that game during the peak of his stardom??

He's a nice young player, overrated greatly by the NY fan base, but we are in dire need of some adequate PG play. At least the kid knows how to penetrate the lane, so that would be refreshing to see. However based on the fact he had arthroscopic surgery only a few weeks ago, he should only come back if he really feels 100% healthy.

This series looks to be over soon anyway, no need rushing him back. It would be a disaster if he injured himself again going forward.

jam
04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
There's a fine line between courageousness and stupidity, but Jeremy may have pole vaulted over it with about 50 feet to spare with this latest announcement.

jam
04-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Linept makes its return to South Beach. Can't wait.

Lineptitude! lol!

SportsAndrew25
04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
It may be to late to make the Knicks better, and Lin will likely be rusty.

Hoopsadvocate
04-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Hell i hope he does come back more turnovers for the knicks and more fastbreaks for us. We already exposed him to the world that one game.

More like Linsignificant.

gotoHcarolina52
04-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Get ready for some cunniLINgus

Deemerc
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
How do u return from a knee surgery so fast? The Knicks are gonna ruin this kids career. Once that happens he's gonna be chilLIN on unemployment.

TeamSeattle
04-29-2012, 10:42 PM
How do u return from a knee surgery so fast? The Knicks are gonna ruin this kids career. Once that happens he's gonna be chilLIN on unemployment.

Lin is really made of adamantium?

lakersfan01
04-29-2012, 10:50 PM
He should just come back next season, no use setting himself back only to get a closer view of the *** whoopin :laugh:

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-29-2012, 11:13 PM
I kind of like playing the inserting Lin in a word game.

This series will be LINtastic.

Lin will take a huge LIN on all the Heat players.

The Knicks will now play with some LINtelligence.

If this series is any LINdicator, the Knicks need LIN.

With Lin back, the Knicks will LINterrupt the Heat's offensive and defensive schemes.

The Knicks will LIN game 4 and will LIN the series.

:D

dodie53
04-29-2012, 11:22 PM
will help but not much imo.

Blitzace137
04-29-2012, 11:32 PM

What stats are you basing this on? Haters gonna hate :facepalm:

Blitzace137
04-29-2012, 11:34 PM
lol

Why are you laughing you guys have chalmers NBA's worst PG :laugh2:

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Why are you laughing you guys have chalmers NBA's worst PG :laugh2:

chalmers>lin

rio had 11pts 9ast and 3stl last night...yea even i was impressed.

And btw lebron plays our PG, who is your PG? Davis? couldn't even play the 2nd half. And bibby? bibby is by far worse the chalmers and its not close.

Rio made lin look like a middle school player in their matchup. *waits for excuses*

NYKnicks4511
04-29-2012, 11:44 PM
chalmers>lin

And btw lebron plays our PG, who is your PG? Davis? couldn't even play the 2nd half. And bibby? bibby is by far worse the chalmers and its not close.

Rio made lin look like a middle school player in their matchup. *waits for excuses*

Yeah... didn't have anything to do with the fact that Melo was out that game and the Heat don't respect STAT. Chalmers looked good because of LeBron and Wade's help D, not because he's a good player. He's a backup at best.

TeamSeattle
04-29-2012, 11:45 PM
chalmers>lin

lin led his team to 7-straight victories in his first seven starts. Mario is a veteran per say and got the best of him.

heyman321
04-29-2012, 11:56 PM
He should just rest, until next year. 500 bucks he will tear his knee again somehow by rushing back. The Knicks are going to get swept anyways.

Blitzace137
04-30-2012, 12:26 AM
chalmers>lin

Ya one bad game is a huge sample size of Lins years of failures against the heats

My bad second worst NBA PG behind Bibby you happy? :clap:

Master Mind
04-30-2012, 01:14 AM
wish we coulda had him for game 1 woulda helped with the ball handling and all those turnovers that led to fast break points

Really? :confused:

Don't he average like 5 turnovers a game himself

USMCLaker
04-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Linsanity is reborn!!!

Keep your chin up Knicks fan it was just one game.

Blitzace137
04-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Really? :confused:

Don't he average like 5 turnovers a game himself

3.4 TO Per Game.. far from 5

dh144498
04-30-2012, 11:22 AM
then Lin will lead the knicks to the greatest comeback in NBA history and win the series in 7!! :worthy:

LongIslandIcedZ
04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
If the Heat go up 3-0 and then Lin comes back and leads a 0-3 comeback, the guy deserves a damn movie.

On a more serious note, he probably shouldnt play. Let him rest up and save himself for next year.

Lin
Shumper
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler

If healthy, that squad can easily be the three seed.

heyman321
04-30-2012, 11:34 AM
If the Heat go up 3-0 and then Lin comes back and leads a 0-3 comeback, the guy deserves a damn movie.

On a more serious note, he probably shouldnt play. Let him rest up and save himself for next year.

Lin
Shumper
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler

If healthy, that squad can easily be the three seed.

Lin leading a 0-3 comeback to win is as likely as Ron Artest coming out of nowhere into the American Airlines Arena during a Knicks-Heat game and elbowing Lebron in the head for no reason.

Knick_Fever
04-30-2012, 11:54 AM
chalmers>lin

:laugh2: yeah now I remember you. You talked all that mess throughout the playoffs last year and disappeared during the finals. Sorry dude but chalmers is not where near as good as lin. He might be better defensively but could he have orchestrated Linsanity? You're absolutely clueless. Chalmers is absolutely horrible on offense and the stat line he put up is decent at best. If Lin played on the Heat he would have double those numbers. You're a straight up clown.

emman03
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
i'm one of the heat fans will be happy of linsanity's comeback :D i'm sure melo will less have that ball of this comeback :D

Stinkyoutsider
04-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Lin shouldn't hurry back unless he's 100% and pain free. I don't think he should risk coming back too early, especially when dealing with a knee or ankle ligament problems.

If Lin takes care of the ball and doesn't turn it over too much, then his ability to run the pick and roll will be needed. He can run it with Anthony or Stoudemire and try to get some easy looks for the team. If NY isn't down 3 by the time game 4 comes up, I think it's going to be hard to keep Lin off the court though.

iam brett favre
04-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Lin will get boo'ed if he returns. Guaranteed.

oak2455
04-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Lin will get boo'ed if he returns. Guaranteed.

By who:confused:

MTL_123
04-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Jeremy Lin reported that he took “a step back’’ Sunday when his knee didn’t react well to his extensive pregame workout on Saturday.

Lin is not considering returning for Game 2 on Monday, or Game 3 in New York on Thursday.

“I’ll see how I feel at the end of the week,’’ he said. “But I don’t want to make a promise.’’

Lin hasn't taken contact since the injury and only run a few times

ya hes not coming back

LongIslandIcedZ
04-30-2012, 02:13 PM
You really can't see Artest doing that?

LA_Raiders
04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Who?

natelpete
04-30-2012, 02:22 PM
No point in coming back for only one game.

IIISSKiLL
04-30-2012, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=knicks4life33;21991518]wish we coulda had him for game 1 woulda helped with the ball handling and all those turnovers that led to fast break points[/QUsi

silly knick fans this guy averages about 7 to's a game

oak2455
04-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Duping the accounts cool

Blitzace137
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=knicks4life33;21991518]wish we coulda had him for game 1 woulda helped with the ball handling and all those turnovers that led to fast break points[/QUsi

silly knick fans this guy averages about 7 to's a game

3.4 ya that's 7 take your head out of your *** :facepalm:

nycsports2
04-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Said it before and ill say it again, with lin and shump the knicks beat the heat in 6 with missing one of them they have no chance...

ALSO I DONT EVEN WANT HIM BACK THIS YR JUST GO REHAB BE HEALTHY FOR NEXT YR AND LET THE ENTIRE TEAM GET A REAL TRAININF CAMP TOGETHER WITH WOODSON, THE KNICKS WILL BE SHIP CONTENDERS FOR A AWHILE WITH THIS TEAM

Blitzace137
04-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Said it before and ill say it again, with lin and shump the knicks beat the heat in 6 with missing one of them they have no chance...

Give the heats a fight this series and if they lose be ready next season when the knicks develop some chemistry.

miller74
04-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Back for game 4? hey atleast hes got one more game to play this season lol

justinnum1
04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=IIISSKiLL;22003257]

3.4 ya that's 7 take your head out of your *** :facepalm:

Coming back after missing a month, vs miami's defense, it would be at least 7 turnovers a game.

IIISSKiLL
04-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Give the heats a fight this series and if they lose be ready next season when the knicks develop some chemistry.

lol knick fans are crazy .. your team suckssssssssssssssss

Blitzace137
04-30-2012, 03:02 PM
lol knick fans are crazy .. your team suckssssssssssssssss

nice baiting I'm done with you welcome to my ignore list :clap:

justinnum1
04-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Can someone change the title of this thread...

Donuts365
04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
:laugh2: yeah now I remember you. You talked all that mess throughout the playoffs last year and disappeared during the finals. Sorry dude but chalmers is not where near as good as lin. He might be better defensively but could he have orchestrated Linsanity? You're absolutely clueless. Chalmers is absolutely horrible on offense and the stat line he put up is decent at best. If Lin played on the Heat he would have double those numbers. You're a straight up clown.

lmaooo dam justin he pulled a lebron on psd

BK-TY
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Don't do it Lin. You'll end up being carried off the court just like Shump!!!

Lin won't be the difference maker in this series so there's NO USE jeopardizing his health and probably setting back his progress in being healthy and ready for next season.

torocan
04-30-2012, 04:08 PM

Lin won't be the difference maker in this series so there's NO USE jeopardizing his health and probably setting back his progress in being healthy and ready for next season.

I suspect it will all come down to how close the series is and how good his knee is feeling.

If the series is close (2-1 or 1-2), I can see him jumping in.

If it's 3-0, then I can see him sitting out.

That said, Lin will be rusty and will most likely be played off the bench to relieve minutes for Baron.

As for his last Miami appearance, don't expect the same results. He's rusty and coming off an injury, but if you don't think the coaches and Baron/Bibby weren't working with him extensively so that doesn't happen to him again then you really don't understand how Lin approaches the game.

I expect he'll continue improving. This doesn't mean he'll have a break out game against Miami if he comes back, but don't expect a complete shut down either. He's 23 and far from a static player. Expect that he spent a TON of time going over tape and working on his approach for a rematch.

Not only that, he's looking forward to it...

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/lin_aim_game_57xavkDha1Rs3hzmQXicrN

Lin said hes extra motivated because last time he faced the Heat he had a miserable outing after facing a ferocious Miami defense designed to stop him.

My last game against Miami, I was 1 for 11 and a bunch of turnovers, thats obviously in my mind too, Lin said. I dont want that to be my last game.

jam
05-02-2012, 02:34 AM

He's coming back. Totally insane, as he still reports knee pain. So much for the usefulness of that Harvard degree...

utl768
05-02-2012, 03:34 AM
theyll probably win that game imo

JJ_JKidd
05-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Perfect. Amare is probably out. Lin-magic is best without either Amare or Carmelo. Better yet both of them.

MTL_123
05-02-2012, 06:57 AM
he better be 100% cuz i no if he drives in to the rim hes gonna get hit hard by someone.

nate2usmc
05-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Lin or not, the Heat are gonna take this series easily and starting next week, the Knicks threads will be filled with "Trade Amare for this or that dbag"

torocan
05-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Lin or not, the Heat are gonna take this series easily and starting next week, the Knicks threads will be filled with "Trade Amare for this or that dbag"

There's already "trade amare" threads. They've been there all season.

Knicks fans fall pretty much into 3 camps.

1) Trade Amare for what you can get.
2) Trade Melo since you'll get a crappy trade for Amare (not insurable) and you can get a decent number of good players for him.
3) Leave it be and see what happens after a training camp.

There's been occassional murmurs of the 4th option, which is blow the team up, get rid of Amare and Melo, and restart with a much younger team built around Chandler, Lin, Shumpert, etc. Those have been on the fringe (and rarely mentioned), especially since it's more likely to win the lottery than Dolan dumping both Melo and Amare.

justinnum1
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Lin playing 3 on 3 (https://p.twimg.com/Ar6D60QCEAEf83v.jpg)

Blitzace137
05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBz5b7y-S8I&feature=g-all-c

How can anyone hate this guy after watching this video. I hope he returns at least for 1 or 2 games. The return of Lin would be great to see.

John Walls Era
05-02-2012, 06:00 PM
he better be 100% cuz i no if he drives in to the rim hes gonna get hit hard by someone.

Heat don't foul hard. Well tbf its not like anyone fouls hard on purpose anymore.

John Walls Era
05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Maybe it will give the Knicks momentum for a couple of minutes. Make the game slightly closer (2-4 points in a span of a minute) and give the fans something to cheer about. Make the fans forget about Amare and what the idiot did to himself.

Deemerc
05-05-2012, 04:02 AM
Breaking news: Lin playing 2 on 2.... On NBA jam

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 07:08 AM
lol

markh42
05-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Who cares

KnickNyKnick
05-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Who cares
you do obviously :cool:

hope he returns sunday. just to get is feet wet in a playoff game

therealwd27
05-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Wake me up when something important is announced and not a over-hyped turnover machine

AntiG
05-05-2012, 04:09 PM
zomg Knicks in 7.

But seriously, hopefully he can spark this Knicks team and give the Heat somewhat of a challenge.

Kashmir13579
05-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I haven't heard that he's coming back. I've heard the opposite.

Evolution23
05-05-2012, 04:25 PM
They said he is doubtful for game 4

Donuts365
05-05-2012, 04:45 PM

said the same bout amare keep baiting

NoahH
05-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Why the hell would he play. He clearly isnt really 100% and the Knicks are all but finished down 3-0. Why risk it?

Dade County
05-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I see it like this, Lin has had 3 playoff games to just sit their at look at the HEAT "D"... He might have a trick up his sleeve... But that knee might limit him.

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 05:24 PM
said the same bout amare keep baiting

Lin even mentioned that terrible performance a few days ago.

HiphopRelated
05-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I see it like this, Lin has had 3 playoff games to just sit their at look at the HEAT "D"... He might have a trick up his sleeve... But that knee might limit him.
I hope this is sarcasm.

He could have a deck up his sleeve the Knicks are not playing in Miami again this season

LongIslandIcedZ
05-05-2012, 05:48 PM
I was there February 4th for the birth of Linsanity and I'm going to the game tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be there for the birth and the return.

therealwd27
05-05-2012, 06:19 PM
You guys are smoking some good ish if you think Lin makes that big of a difference..Do you not remember what happened when he played in Miami? He was like a immigrant running scared from the border..He couldnt even dribble. Wake the hell up he had a good run but hes not the long term PG answer.

JC_
05-05-2012, 06:23 PM
I was there February 4th for the birth of Linsanity and I'm going to the game tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be there for the birth and the return.

I'm pretty sure the thread title is bull-**** and that he's not playing tomorrow. It's one of those "I want people to look at my thread so i'm going make **** up in the title" threads.

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 06:27 PM
if lin plays tomorrow, any confidence he has left would be taken from him. Lin is done for the season, no need to rush him back.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the thread title is bull-**** and that he's not playing tomorrow. It's one of those "I want people to look at my thread so i'm going make **** up in the title" threads.

I believe that is the case as well

MJL80
05-05-2012, 08:02 PM
The Knicks should not be rushing him back and risk further injury. The season is over.

Hangtime
05-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I can see turnovers galore.

xxplayerxx23
05-05-2012, 08:11 PM
no need to rush him back, Even if we can get a win the series is over, Worry about his future if we even keep him

boolish
05-05-2012, 08:14 PM
knicks trying to divert attention from sweep.

justinnum1
05-05-2012, 08:59 PM
knicks trying to divert attention from sweep.

bingo

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Linsanity will rise! :speechless:

:laugh:

No offense to Knicks fans, but looking back at those 2 weeks, that juncture of this condensed NBA season was such a crock! All the merchandise sales and the city of New York over jumping for joy. (But then again, they overreact to basically everything).

I just think the guy has lots more work to do before he's a consistent force to be reckoned with in this league.

kobebabe
05-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Let Lin rest. The season is over for the Knicks anyways. So why risk adding more turnovers to the game? just saying

PleaseBeNice
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Brooms!

koreancabbage
05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
don't play Lin, i can see him getting posterized big time. and remember, Melo is still there - a lightning rod of ball-stopping iso plays and poor shooting percentages

therealwd27
05-06-2012, 01:02 PM
lol @ Lin even getting attention, he cant succeed VS Miami even if hes 100% healthy

STOP IT (MIKE DITKA VOICE)

da ThRONe
05-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Huge mistake IMO. I understand guys want to be there for their teams, but in most cases coming off major injuires guys have little impact and in some cases end up doing irreparable damage.