PDA

View Full Version : Would You Have Kept Rose In the Game?

MFFL==FML
04-29-2012, 08:01 AM
A one legged man could have finished the game in place of Rose to ensure a victory, would have kept Rose in? Why or why not? Also, do you think he was trying for the triple-double?

OlivaThor
04-29-2012, 08:15 AM
I think triple double was the last thing in DRose´s mind that night

bholly
04-29-2012, 08:25 AM
It had nothing to do with the triple double - you think Rose cares about that in the first game of the playoffs vs the 8th seed? Have you even read what Thibs said? Read the 20 other threads discussing this? He was in there to get reps. To get practice in at closing games. If you think Thibs is playing DRose in the final minutes just to get stats, after resting him so much in the season to get him ready, then you're insane.

Also, this is like the 5th time today someone's started a thread to ask this question, even though it's being discussed in 5 other places already. In before the merge.

PhillyFaninLA
04-29-2012, 08:44 AM
If he didn't get injured people would be talking about how good he was and think it was ok for Thibs to leave him in.

You are a professional athlete and its your job to play. I will do what is in the best interest of my team, sure he probably should not have been on the floor but the Bulls best shot to win a game regardless of score is with Rose on the floor. I don't fault Thibs at all and freak things happen and injuries happen.

The funny thing is to many people yesterday where posting from a reactionary standpoint not a logical based one.

Rose is a guy that tries to win and has a strong desire to do it, he was on the verge of a triple double because of his desire to win and not desire to pad stats (and this is from someone that doesn't like Rose or most Bulls fans on this site). Rose on the floor was not Rose's decision it was Thibs and you can't fault a coach for letting his best player try and finish a team off and embarrass them (and try and break there spirit) early in a playoff series.

jimm120
04-29-2012, 08:44 AM
maybe if the other threads were named accordingly, people would know its been discussed and you wouldn't be here berating him.

philsphan123
04-29-2012, 08:48 AM
It is stupid to blame tibs...injuries happen.if it happens half way should he have had a breather then...stupid speculation.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-29-2012, 09:06 AM
stupid thread

he needed playing time

LakersKB24
04-29-2012, 09:08 AM
At first I thought Thibs was an idiot for keeping him in the game, but I see his point.
Personally, I would have taken Rose out of the game, because his body still wasn't at 100% after all these injuries and I mean, if the rest of the team can't hold on to a double digit lead for a little more than 1 oder 2 minutes then what's all that talk about the Bulls being able to reach the ECF without Rose?

dodie53
04-29-2012, 09:09 AM
no one is to blame

Swashcuff
04-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Why do people who don't watch games make threads based on nothing but what they see on the box score and formulate their own ignorant opinion. In no way shape or form was Rose going for the triple double. Rose isn't that type of player that means absolutely nothing to him under those circumstances.

Bholly already covered what I was about to say however. Coach Thibs did the right thing by doing what he had to do to ensure his team won the very crucial first game on their home court. Damn near every head coach would do the very same. It was the right thing to do.

kntresistheheat
04-29-2012, 09:59 AM
IMO thibs did the WRONG choice! Your up by 12 points with 1:27 left you don't need your star player that has been hobbled with injury all year on the floor. A team like Philly (no disrespect to the fans) will not come back against the bulls defense. The coach had plenty of oppurtunity to gradually put him back in game shape through out the 1st round. Thibs should know this when he tried to put him back recently during the season and it was too soon and rose got another injury. You have to be more careful with players, especially a player like rose that his biggest weapon is speed and his legs.

(and no he was not going for triple double) He is not that type of player.

da ThRONe
04-29-2012, 11:29 AM
1st I didn't watch the game was at work.

However I do think that if your star player has been battling injuries all season and your up by 12 with less than 3 mins it may be smarter to have him rest. I agree I don't think Rose would pad stats, but these guys have logged a ton of mins in such a short window. Anytime you can get a guy some rest after this season you should.

jp611
04-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes, it's the playoffs... And d rose don't give a damn about no triple double lol

Becks2307
04-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Rose would have gotten injured in game 2 then, this was bound to happen, it was always one play away imo.

If he actually got hit, then I would say they should have pulled him, but it happened on its own.

duane v
04-29-2012, 12:07 PM
It's tough to say, but a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to play and the 3 pt line????? I've watched my lazy Lakers give up leads of 10 points in a 2 minute span.....

Playoff time, I think I would have kept him in....

SteveNash
04-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Around the 3 minute mark up by 16 Philadelphia took a timeout and Boozer entered the game. Said right then he should pull his starters. Rose gets injured right after that. Once again proving my basketball genius. And yeah, Rose was definitely trying to pad his stats.

dtmagnet
04-29-2012, 12:13 PM
In the playoffs you play your best players period.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-29-2012, 12:32 PM
This first series against a way inferior opponent was the best way to build up Rose's minutes game by game over the next 4 games. He tried to stuff in all the minutes in for Rose in one game and paid for it. With a guy like Rose, you're supposed to build up his minutes, not all at once, need baby steps. Thibs failed. :facepalm:

Daze9900
04-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Alot of people in this thread don't realize something about ACL tears. Having gone through one myself I can tell you that it's different in basketball when an athlete tears his acl than in other sports. For example in football you might get your cleats caught in the grass and over exert yourself or someone may put overwhelming pressing on our knee while tackling. Same goes for Soccer. For basketball players who spend a lot of time running, jumping and cutting the tears sometimes are gradual or partial before the final tear as what happen to me. I remember at least six months before my tear I had some pain in my knees nothing serious enough for me to want to take an MRI but it was there. I thought with rest I would be fine, until one day playing pick up basketball in a park I went up for a dunk and got fouled on the way up came down awkwardly and my knee just gave out. Now I'm not saying that this is the same thing that happened to Rose but people need to keep an open mind that while we all may think it happened on just that one play people need to understand that partial tears can happen well before the final complete tear. He easily could have finished his knee off either in the next game or even in practice. People need to get off Thibs for leaving him in the game its not like they were up 20 and he had his starters alot of coaches play there starters and may pull them off when its under a minute to go or dont even pull them off.

jp611
04-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Around the 3 minute mark up by 16 Philadelphia took a timeout and Boozer entered the game. Said right then he should pull his starters. Rose gets injured right after that. Once again proving my basketball genius. And yeah, Rose was definitely trying to pad his stats.

Trolololololoolololol

ChicagoJ
04-29-2012, 01:09 PM
The way I read thibs comments was he didn't like that the bulls weren't finishing the game. He had rose in there because he wanted the team to address the problem of finishing an opponent off in the playoffs. The only reason the bulls didn't get past the heat last year was they were terrible at finishing games. So, I think that was the reason he had rose in there. I still wouldn't have had him in since he was so banged up already, but thibbs likes to push guys to their limit.

The Flash
04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
But injuries can happen in the first minutes of the game too. It's just unfortunate that it happened when it happened but you cant really predict when injuries happen.

boolish
04-29-2012, 01:18 PM
thibs did exactly the right thing. derrick needs to work on closing games and being efficient as a PG. you don't do that watching. bron is a work horse. durant is a work horse. if drose is that fragile, it's good da bulls found out when he was 23. unfortunately they have him at a max money for 5 or 6 more years. hope he comes back strong as an ox. but he must turn into a different kind of pg now. a CP or SP type of pg.

THE MTL
04-29-2012, 01:20 PM
You cant blame him. Seriously was he supposed to know that his ACL would tear? It was a freak accident.

Shumpert went for an ordinary cross-over and blew his ACL. They are freak accidents that you cannot control.

Missing56&33
04-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Philly wasn't going to win that game. No I wouldn't have had him in at that point.

Vikingfan1980
04-29-2012, 01:52 PM
I blame Michael Jordan

knicks4life33
04-29-2012, 02:12 PM
you cant say he did the wrong thing. Ive seen superstars left in the game up bye 12 points in the regular season and not taken out. Easy to blame him now

sjbirds
04-29-2012, 02:17 PM
i def wouldnt have kept him in. if he needed the reps for timing or whatever then why didnt he play the last game of the season? let him get his reps as the series goes on this game was over.

king4day
04-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I never thought about the triple double but even knowing about it, I still think Thib made the right call. Game was close. Just a freak accident. And looking at how it happend, I wouldn't be surprised if it was going to happen at one point in this series anyway. He didn't do anything special to cause it.

kobemelo
04-29-2012, 02:44 PM
hindsight is 20/20..

Lakers4ItAll
04-29-2012, 02:57 PM
It's the playoffs and Rose needed the time on the court, there was nothing wrong w/ him being in the game.

JordansBulls
04-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Sorry, it his injury came off of running into someone or a hard fall I can understand what you mean, but it came with no contact whatsoever.

kjoke
04-29-2012, 03:11 PM
why would you take him out with 1 minute left? Thats just silly. Just leave him in their. Rose should have relaxed on the play and passed/jumpshot, but you don't take a player out with a minute left. If he can't stay a minute more in the game, then he wasn't good enough to play in the start.

IversonIsKrazy
04-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Someone should make a thread stating that Rose was kept in to get reps, playing time, shake off his rust. Although I wouldn't have left him in, he was playing great, this series was not going to be a threat, he could've use the rest of the games to go back in form. Sucks to see this though, one of the most explosive players in NBA History just in his 4th year.

Kyben36
04-29-2012, 04:27 PM
You cant blame thibs for this, its not as if he told rose he had to attack, he could have just run the offense minimaly, the fact is, its no one fault, its unfortunate, but nobody is to blame.

Fnom11
04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Thibs is probably the best coach in the NBA at the moment(or at least up there with Pop), he knew what he was doing and to think you know better is asinine.

NoahH
04-29-2012, 05:54 PM
A one legged man could have finished the game in place of Rose to ensure a victory, would have kept Rose in? Why or why not? Also, do you think he was trying for the triple-double?

Is that a dig at Rose? LOL