PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Derrick Rose tears ACL, out for season

Mambo Kings
04-29-2012, 07:30 AM
The Chicago Bulls announced on Saturday that point guard Derrick Rose has torn the ACL in his left knee and will miss the remainder of the 2012 NBA playoffs.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 09:15 AM
just awful. hope he gets back to 100%

piratepete
04-29-2012, 09:29 AM
chicago use their bench mush better than we do its a shame for them rose its great player
but they have good team to compete for next few years what i mean is i thougth all year that the heat never used their bench so deep thats why we are so bang up on this short session on some games that didnt mean so mush i hope we pull it off and even though we beat ny yesturday bosh didnt impress me so mush battier came out big for us but is that enough to beat OKC ?

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 09:37 AM
chicago use their bench mush better than we do its a shame for them rose its great player
but they have good team to compete for next few years what i mean is i thougth all year that the heat never used their bench so deep thats why we are so bang up on this short session on some games that didnt mean so mush i hope we pull it off and even though we beat ny yesturday bosh didnt impress me so mush battier came out big for us but is that enough to beat OKC ?

i was really not impressed with okc at all yesterday.

Jay16
04-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Every1 is going to blame the NBA's compacted schedule for Rose. But the truth is that an ACL tear is a random injury and is not something that occurs as a result of wear and tear. Rose just had bad luck. It's a shame that he and Shumpert are out cause now every1 will say we didn't beat them with thier best.

mrs rose
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
i tore my acl in 07 on a 8 mile run at ft bragg, so i know the pain he is going through i wouldnt wish this on anyone.

mrs rose
04-29-2012, 11:24 AM
i just pray heat fans stay classy on this one, this could have easily been one of our guys.. i still remember the d wade injuries, i can only imagine with that fan base is going thru. Also dont start this talk or even open up the discussion about what people are going to say if we win it all.

as a HUGE heat fan, and miami native.. i wouldnt want nothing more than the streets of dade county flooded with celebration of our second title. However the playoffs isnt over, and we still have to take every game ONE game at a time, and not get too ahead of ourselves.

No matter what if we win, people will talk.. Shorten season etc, doesnt matter in my eyes but we arent there yet we only won GAME 1 still many to go..

LETS GO HEAT

king james
04-29-2012, 02:20 PM
the major thing about both rose and shumpert's injury is that it doesn't just hurt for this season but they might not be able to play next year either. if this happened like in nov. or dec. they might just miss the early part of the season next year cuz to really totally recover from an acl and be able to run, cut and do all the things basketball players do is roughly a year. So this doesn't just hurt both teams chances for this year but all so next year too.

CHANGO
04-29-2012, 04:19 PM
This is sad.... I just think, if that happens to any of the Big Three (especially Lebron or Wade) I think I would be crying... Man that sucks, the championship aspirations that those fans had suddenly take a turn of 360 degrees. Hope Rose gets better. I don't want to win like that.

~Iggy~
04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
It is really bad that Rose is out this post-season. Won't be the same in the eastern conference finals, that I think Heat should definitely reach and the Bulls most probably will even without their star.

Rose will be on fire next year when he comes back. Missing both the playoffs and the Olympics will probably motivate him beyond measure.

But we shouldn't underestimate these Bulls even without Rose. They are still the #1 seeded team in the league and they do play like a #1 seed even without Rose. Focus and determination. No games will be easy.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 04:56 PM
It is really bad that Rose is out this post-season. Won't be the same in the eastern conference finals, that I think Heat should definitely reach and the Bulls most probably will even without their star.

Rose will be on fire next year when he comes back. Missing both the playoffs and the Olympics will probably motivate him beyond measure.

But we shouldn't underestimate these Bulls even without Rose. They are still the #1 seeded team in the league and they do play like a #1 seed even without Rose. Focus and determination. No games will be easy.

Agreed, bulls without rose are still dangerous. There offense is harder to guard imo, there ball movement improves without rose. Just play it like we played the last game vs them.

TBH, im not sure they get by boston, i thought celtics-chicago would go 6 or 7 with rose, that will be a great battle to watch.

kjoke
04-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Without Rose, the Bulls get by the Celtics and the 76ers, purely on motivation and even skill/ I see them playing a hard series with us, but I see it IDENTICAL to last year's results, where they win game 1 and we win the rest.

Wade-a-minute
04-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Agreed, bulls without rose are still dangerous. There offense is harder to guard imo, there ball movement improves without rose. Just play it like we played the last game vs them.

TBH, im not sure they get by boston, i thought celtics-chicago would go 6 or 7 with rose, that will be a great battle to watch.

No, no, no. Chicago's offense is lethargic without Rose. They may move the ball more at times, but they have no one who can score off the dribble or create their own shot. They may beat Philly but that's it.

And Boston may not even beat ATL imo.

flashwade03
04-30-2012, 12:29 AM
man i feel for rose and bulls` fans ..i dont like winning this way ..though ,that chicago team remains a tough team to play with ..

Audubon
04-30-2012, 10:08 AM
I still hope we can somehow win against the Sixers and Boston/Hawks. It should be Bulls/Heat in the ECF as it was suppose to be and if Heat win (which they probably will) then so be it. I just want to still see that match up.

emman03
04-30-2012, 10:25 AM
heat's destiny to be the champions no one want rose out but this is you called destiny

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-30-2012, 03:21 PM
There goes the magic in the ECF...

This does suck for Bulls fan, i cant imagine how bad i'd feel if it happened to Lebron or Wade.

And the worst part is, this injury will carry onto the start if next season. I tore my ACL a year ago and i still don't feel the same

Audubon
05-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I tore my ACL a year ago and i still don't feel the sameWhat did the doctor tell you? Will you recover fully or did he say you'll never be the same, meaning a little slower and can't jump as much etc?

Mambo Kings
05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
What did the doctor tell you? Will you recover fully or did he say you'll never be the same, meaning a little slower and can't jump as much etc?

...just wanted to add that in terms of the associated nerve damage it doesn't grow back the way you had it. I'm living through that now, having suffered nerve damage in my feet. Sure, they grow back, but in a messy fashion. I would be curious what his doctor has to say about the nerves destroyed and how they regenerate in terms of an ACL injury.