PDA

View Full Version : Rose's Future?

Becks2307
04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
So this entered my mind when i watched the Rose injury and to a lesser extent the Shumpert injury.

Ive been watching rose since his rookie year and I have always been impressed with his body control and his change of direction. However i have always noticed how he bangs the **** out of his joints when he changes directions so quickly.

I know this was a freak injury but..

Do you think Rose may have to temper this a little bit in the future, maybe his body can't take that constant pressure?

shep33
04-28-2012, 07:42 PM
This is a terrible injury to have due to his explosiveness. But the kid is all heart, I expect him to come back ready.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-28-2012, 07:43 PM
He might never be same again.

So sad, one of the most explosive players in the league.

theheatles
04-28-2012, 07:47 PM
it's going to take him 2 years to get back to 100%

Lidz
It's reported that he'll be back in 8 months.

JC_
So this entered my mind when i watched the Rose injury and to a lesser extent the Shumpert injury.

Ive been watching rose since his rookie year and I have always been impressed with his body control and his change of direction. However i have always noticed how he bangs the **** out of his joints when he changes directions so quickly.

I know this was a freak injury but..

Do you think Rose may have to temper this a little bit in the future, maybe his body can't take that constant pressure?

Wade does the same kind of thing and it's definately not good for the body. This really sucks. Chicago can still be a good team without Rose though so hopefully they still go far.

Becks2307
04-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Wade does the same kind of thing and it's definately not good for the body. This really sucks. Chicago can still be a good team without Rose though so hopefully they still go far.

I was always so impressed with Jordan and to a lesser extent Kobe for learning to adapt their game to their bodies, i wonder if Rose may have to do this, i can't imagine what would happen if he got the same injury again, not even speaking mentally.

Rose is too much of a beast, it would be a shame

theheatles
04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
It's reported that he'll be back in 8 months.

yeah, he'll be back but he won't be able to play like d rose when he gets back right away, but this can be a blessing in disguise, with him having to improve his traditional pg skill set

mvb815
04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
he'll be fine for a few more years, but his career might take a vc or tmac turn during the downturn at the rate he's going

northsider
04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Is going to be rocky and tough but, if anyone can do it he can.

I at least can rest assured knowing he isn't going to half *** a recovery and he will give whatever he has to get back and get back 100%.

Ty Fast
04-28-2012, 08:11 PM

i dont think he will ever be 100% penny haradaway II

1-800-STFU
04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
He has a good enough jumpshot and work ethic to continue on at an all-star level.

Will be ever be a top 5 player in the league again? Heh....probably not. He can still make a very nice career for himself though

LakersA's49ers
04-28-2012, 08:21 PM
yah torn acl's will take you out 8-12 months. toughhhhh break for chicago both this postseson and possiby most of next season

DaLakerz Rulz
04-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Considering so much of his game relies on his athleticism and speed, it will probably take him much longer to get back to normal (if at all). Feel bad for him and Bulls fans. Hope he is able to come back strong next season.

Raph12
04-28-2012, 08:37 PM
It's sad, first Rubio and now Rose, although I think this injury will hurt Rose more than it does Rubio.

Swashcuff
04-28-2012, 08:41 PM
What do you guys think about a young Baron Davis and how explosive he was?

NORMeaga
04-28-2012, 08:42 PM
only few players have the work ethic and determination to prove people wrong...and thank god Derrick Rose is one of them....the good thing he has going for him is that he is fairly young and should be able to recover faster than he would if he was older...with that Kobe work ethic, he'll be back

xILLN355
04-28-2012, 08:44 PM
will the bulls get some salary cap relief due to his injury?

Redskins10
04-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Wow, this could very well be the Chicago Bulls death sentence. His game relies heavily on athleticism unless he's able to adapt to his body like Kobe or MJ then he's toast. The thing is, Kobe and MJ had so much other moves in their arsenal. Rose is only athleticism, I think this may be the end of the D-Rose era in Chicago. I can see him end up like Mac or Carter. Very sad.

Swashcuff
04-28-2012, 08:47 PM
only few players have the work ethic and determination to prove people wrong...and thank god Derrick Rose is one of them....the good thing he has going for him is that he is fairly young and should be able to recover faster than he would if he was older...with that Kobe work ethic, he'll be back

Baron Davis's ethic has always been questioned the was able to return from it.

naps
04-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Please, stop with these threads. Not for a second I wanna think Rose won't be Rose again. God, I never thought I would feel as bad for a Bulls player but I am absolutely sad now. Today was supposed to be a fun day for me since my team stomped the Knicks but I can't have a smile on my face thinking about possible effects of this injury. I know it's a very dangerous one and I am very well aware of that Rose might turn out to be another T-Mac but I wanna be an optimistic.

akagiredsuns
04-28-2012, 09:22 PM
It's sad this happened, but I hope this will wake up the Bulls FO and realize that Rose shouldn't be the guy having to drop 25 points a night to win games and we need a finisher in the 4th quarter at the 2 (cus long term it will NOT be Rip).

Rose should be out there being a facilitator, a 15pts & 10ast guy at best. I don't fault Thibs for having Rose out there in an already decided game. The kid needed to get back into playing shape. Easy for people to criticize Thibs for this.

Anyways, we all got to see the Bulls without Rose and I like Watson & Lucas at the 1 moving the floor. This is where the Bulls grit will be tested. Rip will have to step it up, Deng needs to be more consistent (first scoring option now), Noah needs to be more physical, & Boozer please is 18 & 8 so much to ask? Bulls should handle Philly still, but Boston/Atlanta I will worry some. People need to stop looking towards the ECF and focus on Philly now, 2nd round winner next cus it won't be easy.

LakersMaster24
04-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Screw this lockout season man.

I am so thankful to god that a CERTAIN PLAYER on the Lakers has been going good so far. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK ON WOOD.

Chronz
04-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I was always so impressed with Jordan and to a lesser extent Kobe for learning to adapt their game to their bodies, i wonder if Rose may have to do this, i can't imagine what would happen if he got the same injury again, not even speaking mentally.

What major knee/back injuries did they endure?

Chronz
04-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Baron Davis's ethic has always been questioned the was able to return from it.
Good comparison, Rose should be fine, up until age 30

Becks2307
04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
What major knee/back injuries did they endure?

my comparison was adjusting their games not about similarities in injuries

Catfish1314
04-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Amar'e Stoudemire did one hell of a job returning from his ACL tear, but I don't know if he's ever been able to match the level of explosiveness he had prior to that injury. He's still amazing offensively when he's healthy, but he was in a league of his own during his ascention those two years in Phoenix (one prior to Nash, first in the Nash era).

Dwyane Wade has found other ways to be effective beyond submitting his body to so much contact and potential damage since the injuries started to pile on him (freak shoulder injury, lower body issues). Granted he never suffered a serious knee injury to the best of my knowledge.

It's going to be a process, but Rose has an outstanding work ethic and too much heart to let this ruin or even hinder his career.

Chronz
04-28-2012, 10:24 PM
my comparison was adjusting their games not about similarities in injuries

Got it, but theres only so much you can do, I dont think you can adjust to certain injuries. Not that Rose has gone through one, but Kobe and MJ were extremely lucky to be so durable. As was Shaq (As odd as it sounds).

Gibby
04-28-2012, 10:53 PM
everyone's body is different, we don't know how he will recover. I think as an attacking PG it will be harder for him to adapt.

TheHighLife
04-28-2012, 11:11 PM
He's going to pull a Roy in a couple years, his injuries are chronic; soon enough he won't be able to even walk.

Sinestro
04-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Hopefully he comes back ok, although it will be tough I think he will, hopefully he improves the aspects of his game that doesn't rely on his athleticism

Kuya_Clive
04-29-2012, 12:02 AM
At least Rose has gotten much better this year in playmaking ability. He would be able to adapt to playing more traditionally if need be imo. I do believe that he will recover and eventually get close to where he used to be before, but there's a possibility he may lose a step.

The Final Boss
04-29-2012, 12:29 AM

That's just wishful thinking on your part.

Michael Jordan adapted by learning how to get away with offensive fouls.

AIRMAR72
04-29-2012, 12:33 AM
This is a sad matter he never be the same player again

VCaintdead17
04-29-2012, 12:37 AM
He has a good enough jumpshot and work ethic to continue on at an all-star level.

Will be ever be a top 5 player in the league again? Heh....probably not. He can still make a very nice career for himself though

Rose was never a top 5 player

northsider
04-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Rose was never a top 5 player

That's your opinion. Obviously he wasn't this year but, coming into this year it wasn't absurd to say this.