PDA

View Full Version : With Rose injury & Miami Big 3 hurting will NBA admit greedball schedule mistake?

new york blue
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I always thought this greedball schedule, with no training support over summer, a shortened pre-season, and too many games in too little time meant that it was not going to be the best team that won, but the last crew standing.

With Rose's season-ending injury that prediction is going to come to pass. And it is not only the Bulls. See for example this reporting on Miami

Were probably as healthy as anybody could be this time of year after this type of 66-game season, Spoelstra said. I dont think anybody is feeling 100 percent.

James, who has been nursing a sore left ankle, is in the best shape of the three. With the No. 2 seed locked up, the Heat used the final week of the regular season to rest James, a most valuable player contender, by sitting him for three of the last four games.

Bosh missed the final six games with a strained left hamstring, and Wade sat out the last three with a dislocated left index finger.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/28/sports/basketball/heats-big-3-are-expected-to-reunite-for-game-1.html?_r=1&ref=basketball

Now it obviously did not matter against the Knicks who are playing without their starting point guard and with Amare Stoudamire just back from a major back injury and Shumpert lost during the game. And since their primary opponent, the Bulls, have just lost their MVP point guard for the duration, it looks like the the less wounded Heat are going to come out of the East.

All in all, I think the NBA owes its fans an apology. :mad: If others agree, maybe we should put up a petition, so that the league hears how we feel and is never tempted to serve up such an ugly imitation of a season again.

Cal827
04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
I think we all know that Stern (and the players to some extent too since they agreed) were stupid to put 66 games in a cramped season. Should have been 50, like in the other lock-out. Even before this, many star players missed extended periods of time.

If they didn't then, they won't now. You know, unless the big three all have to miss the playoffs too as well as Melo/Amare.

Fnom11
04-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Who's hurt on the Miami Heat?

Chronz
04-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Yea, but I cant help but blame the coaches as well, they could have stuck it to them by not playing their best players on those back to back to backs. Should have gone with an entirely different strat this year.

Blitzbolt
04-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Spurs Rest
Heat Rest

Lots of players played heavy minutes this year and it even cost some teams home court like FLOP CITY with CP3 and Boston with a few injurys.

lakerboy
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
This isn't just on Stern IMO. It's the players and teams as well.

Lidz
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Like I said in another thread, D. Rose sat out a number of games in the regular season to make sure he was healthy in the playoffs. This was just a bad landin'. Don't really think the schedule had anything to do with it. Very unlucky injury.

mjt20mik
04-28-2012, 07:08 PM

Lebron? Did you see that pick by Tyson? I mean I was shocked to see the guy score 9 straight points after that hit.

:eyebrow:

bholly
04-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I think we all know that Stern (and the players to some extent too since they agreed) were stupid to put 66 games in a cramped season. Should have been 50, like in the other lock-out. Even before this, many star players missed extended periods of time.

If they didn't then, they won't now. You know, unless the big three all have to miss the playoffs too as well as Melo/Amare.

Would that have helped much? That year they had 50 games in three months. This year it was 66 in 4 months. The games weren't that much more packed together or anything - there was just more of them because there was that much more time.

Giraffes Rule
04-28-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't think the Derrick Rose injury was a result of the schedule. Guys just get injured sometimes.

warehouseisbare
04-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Lebron? Did you see that pick by Tyson? I mean I was shocked to see the guy score 9 straight points after that hit.

:eyebrow:

LOL A lot of that was acting....a lot of it is just the plain and simple fact he is a puss on the court. I wasn't surprised at all that he scored 9. He was trying to sell it like he was hurt way worse than he was. You would have thought he got hit by an Artest elbow the way he acted.

Bruno
04-28-2012, 07:30 PM
honestly, would any of us have cared if the season was only 55 games instead of 66? I'd agree that the packed schedule was about money, and not appeasing fan demand.

JC_
04-28-2012, 07:36 PM
LOL A lot of that was acting....a lot of it is just the plain and simple fact he is a puss on the court. I wasn't surprised at all that he scored 9. He was trying to sell it like he was hurt way worse than he was. You would have thought he got hit by an Artest elbow the way he acted.

lol at that. Lebron gets up after he takes hard hits. He got stung on that one, that's why he "acted" the way he did. If you've ever played a sport, it is possible to get hit, be in pain and walk it off after..

bears88
04-28-2012, 07:36 PM
I dont care what anybody says **** stern

asandhu23
04-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Add Stephen Curry, Andrew Bogut and David Lee to the list from the Warriors...

koreancabbage
04-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't think the Derrick Rose injury was a result of the schedule. Guys just get injured sometimes.

well I'm pretty sure the way Rose was playing, he'd be prone to injury. his bread and butter is in the lane and to no surprise, he gets hurt in the lane.

funny thing, i would imagine him getting hurt on a hack, however no one really "hurt" rose other than Thibideau. winning by 12 and all with 1:10 left with possession. This is Philly against one of the best defenses in the league with or without Rose.

questionable call to put him in and now, Thibs will regret it.

richiesaurus310
04-28-2012, 08:27 PM
These heat>healthy knickerbockers

No Fun League
04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
D Rose is made out of glass

R0W
04-28-2012, 08:39 PM

Their fans suffer from massive brain injury

MTL_123
04-28-2012, 08:49 PM
damn now shumper has a torn acl

kozelkid
04-28-2012, 09:08 PM

This.

**** just happens, unfortunately. No one is to blame for this: not Thibs, or Rose or Stern or the lockout.

da ThRONe
04-28-2012, 10:16 PM
I agree that it was a huge mistake to try and cram so many games into a compressed timeline. Honestly I'm all in favor of reducing the season length to 64 games in a normal 82 game time length

Canterbury
04-28-2012, 10:26 PM
The threat title needs to include a lot more names.

But yeah, ridiculous how many back to backs and four games in five nights there were.

sjbirds
04-28-2012, 10:34 PM
ummm how does a pick have to do with a short cramped season...also he was def acting a little...yeah he got hit but why did u fall the wrong way and throw up his arms? cmon stop flopping everyone!!

Hangtime
04-28-2012, 10:43 PM
This is the first time since Rose been in the league he has had injuries of this type that has sidelined him. There was no reason to play him during the season since the team kept winning. He came back healthy and suffered from an awkward landing to the knee. Injuries happens every single year to key players whether its 66 or 82.