PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Harper called up

gocubs2118
04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
On Sat., the Nationals will place 3B Ryan Zimmerman on the 15-Day DL & recall OF Bryce Harper, who will make his MLB debut at Dodger Stadium

https://twitter.com/#!/NationalsPR/status/195977264968638465

Was not expecting him to get called up so soon.

1908_Cubs
04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
The Nationals announced that Bryce Harper will be called up to make his major league debut Saturday against the Dodgers.

I think this is pretty big MLB news. Kid this young, top prospect.

Should be interesting to watch.

Carlznerson
04-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Not excited about having to put Zim on the DL but so pumped for his debut. Not expecting much though with virtually no protection in our lineup.

DodgerBlue8188
04-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Start him tonight against Clayton Kershaw!!

northsider
04-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Seems like quite the rush for a guy who wasn't exactly lighting AAA up. Will still be fun to watch.

J.Twiggy
04-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Well LF is a need right now we are not getting any production there and without Morse this was the most logical move to make.

Iodine
04-27-2012, 05:25 PM
As a nationals fan, I don't know whether to be excited for the baseball equivalent of Justin Bieber, or to be utterly depressed that it seems to be a reactionary move because they are in 1st place and having delusions of grandeur so that he leave sooner.

long ball
04-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I haven't been this excited to watch a non brewer prospect in the bigs since... Matt Moore.

shizzle09
04-27-2012, 05:28 PM
MUHAHAHAHAHA! Swooped in every fantasy league im in. hope he pans out!:clap::clap:

J.Twiggy
04-27-2012, 05:28 PM
We have control over him through the 2018 season so he isn't go anywhere anytime soon.

shizzle09
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM

LOL, F That

CarniifeX
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Yes! I'm going on Saturday!

Jeffy25
04-27-2012, 05:32 PM
huge news.

dude is a full decade younger than me :(

RevHokALugie
04-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Kershaw is going to eat him alive.

Carlznerson
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Kershaw is going to eat him alive.

He's debuting agaisnt Billingsley.

Iodine
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
MUHAHAHAHAHA! Swooped in every fantasy league im in. hope he pans out!:clap::clap:

Yeah that .250 BA with .375 slugging in AAA really shows that he is ready to dominate and reach the insanely high expectations people want him to reach.

RevHokALugie
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
He's debuting agaisnt Billingsley.

Oh okay, ah well. It'll still be fun to watch how he does. :)

Iodine
04-27-2012, 05:39 PM
We have control over him through the 2018 season so he isn't go anywhere anytime soon.

Yeah I had just saw that he reached the 20 day minimum thing, so maybe this was planned all along, I just don't think he's ready and when everybody and their grandma already expects him to be amazing 24/7 it doesnt really help.

Amazin' Mets
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
This gon be good.

Carlznerson
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Well he's a guaranteed super two now.

J.Twiggy
04-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Of course he's not ready but we have a glaring need at LF and he is the best bat we have in the minors he will only be up until Zimmerman comes back then he will be sent back down for more experience.

shizzle09
04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah that .250 BA with .375 slugging in AAA really shows that he is ready to dominate and reach the insanely high expectations people want him to reach.

well considering he's my bench player and he'll have plenty of time to figure things out i'll take the chance. If you think he's not gonna hit based on the small sample size in AAA ball you are a little delusional. We're here on PSD and the people who wanted him called up obviously know alot more than you or I but apparently you know he will fail so time to go drop him now because Iodine said so. what was i thinking. :rolleyes:

Jeffy25
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Well he's a guaranteed super two now.

no.

He may not even stay in the big leagues either.

DaSox_05
04-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Picked him up in 3 of my 4 fantasy leagues. Damn you Lav43

Carlznerson
04-27-2012, 06:04 PM
no.

He may not even stay in the big leagues either.

He's staying up. We aren't going to Mike Trout him.

Tkais9009
04-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I just picked him up if 2 of my 4 leagues lol

I wonder how much trade value he has (fantasy wise)

Jeffy25
04-27-2012, 06:16 PM
He's staying up. We aren't going to Mike Trout him.

It doesn't guarantee him Super 2 though.

He may not stay up in the first place, much less necessarily reach the cut off date at that point (although he probably will).

Thursday was the Free agency push back deadline.

metsfaninSTL
04-27-2012, 06:16 PM
eh, not trying to bait, but i hope he does terrible

oak2455
04-27-2012, 06:17 PM
pretty cool someone beat me to picking him up in fantasy bb :(

CubbieSteve
04-27-2012, 06:17 PM
He better quit all those antics he does, no blowing kisses to MLB pitchers. Actually, I would like to see that.

daddies3angels
04-27-2012, 06:18 PM

Of course a NYM fan would say that. NY fans are just punks

oak2455
04-27-2012, 06:18 PM

imagine if he was a Met:D

oak2455
04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Of course a STL fan would say that. STL fans are just punks

he's a Mets fan in STL:confused:

metsfaninSTL
04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
imagine if he was a Met:D

If he was a Met he probably would suck and get hurt in his 1st at bat.

metsfaninSTL
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Of course a STL fan would say that. STL fans are just punks

Of course a Cubs fan would say that, they are jealous of STLs team

raiderNlakerfan
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Dammit. I jus dropped him on my leavue cause i figured it would be a while before he came up to the show

Jeffy25
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Of course a NYM fan would say that. NY fans are just punks

I like how you completely edited this post after being quoted.

Iodine
04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
In all honesty I can understand why someone doesnt want Bryce Harper the person to succeed, he isnt a downright evil person but he certainly isnt a like able one.

JDIsMyGod23
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Baseball needs Bryce Harper. They haven't had a pure dick in a long time. I hope he doesn't change. ****ing skip around the bases when you homer, catch a ball with your hat, flex for chicks, say the game is honored to have me. Embrace the role, Bryce!

LASportsFan1996
04-27-2012, 06:46 PM
:jumpy: Even As A Dodger Fan I'm Pumped For This Debut.

LASportsFan1996
04-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Dammit. I jus dropped him on my leavue cause i figured it would be a while before he came up to the show

Add Him Back LOL. I Just Added Him In My League.

iam brett favre
04-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Baseball needs Bryce Harper. They haven't had a pure dick in a long time. I hope he doesn't change. ****ing skip around the bases when you homer, catch a ball with your hat, flex for chicks, say the game is honored to have me. Embrace the role, Bryce!

AJ Pierzynski is a dick.

Iodine
04-27-2012, 06:49 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhi5umabn41qccki6.jpg

Zmaster52
04-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Lol Harper is younger than all of my sisters and only 3 years older than me.

Well this should be interesting.

Cosmic_Canon
04-27-2012, 07:42 PM
I hope Harper dominates and brings his antics all over baseball.
He's exactly what the sport needs.
As long as he does this to every team but us, this is fine. :D

SportsAndrew25
04-27-2012, 07:46 PM
I have got to see this guy. Holy crap this guy will be awesome.

Jeffy25
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM
He is a full 2 years younger than anybody else in the big leagues right now.

(Trout still down).

This is on the same day as Young, a former number 1 does something stupid.

Hopefully for Harper's sake he is more like Griffey, and less like Young.

We all want to see the greatest ever from the beginning, could he one day be that good? Possible.

Wrigheyes4MVP
04-27-2012, 08:25 PM
They are rushing him lol. He is not ready.

Carlznerson
04-27-2012, 08:41 PM

He was going to come up in 2-3 months anyway. This is need based not rushed. We literally do not have a LF that can play everyday. The LF position this year for the Nats is batting like .097. If he comes in and bats .240 he's doing his job.

lamar2006
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM

I agree. His stats would look great 0-4 with 3 ks. By his I mean Kershaw's. :D

jimm120
04-27-2012, 09:54 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/NationalsPR/status/195977264968638465

Was not expecting him to get called up so soon.

me neither, but I think that since Washington is winning so much, they thought, "hey, might as well stay hot and grab headlines"

Jeffy25
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM

What about him says he is not ready?

Jeffy25
04-27-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/bryce-harper-promoted-to-nationals/

It wasn’t the way the Nationals envisioned it, but nevertheless, Bryce Harper has graduated to The Show. With Ryan Zimmerman heading to the disabled list for the second straight season, the team was looking to put an impact bat, as well as perhaps shift the focus away from Zimmerman’s injury, and thus Harper gets the call.

The reason that it has the chance to come off as little more than a publicity stunt is that Harper isn’t hitting all that well so far this season. His .313 wOBA ranks just fifth out of the seven Syracuse Sky Chiefs who have accumulated at least 40 plate appearances. This is actually sort of a continuation of his production at Double-A from last year, where Harper had just a .332 wOBA. He did dominate the Arizona Fall League last year, but in the regular season, he hasn’t hit well since last July.

Since Harper may soon find himself back in the Minors if Zimmerman only misses the minimum, the team could have certainly could have gone with one of its hot hands. Tyler Moore, Corey Brown and Mark Teahen all have experience in the outfield and are sporting .422, .389 and .365 wOBA’s at Syracuse, respectively. Teahen in particular would have been an easy call to make, since he is a Major League veteran. Doing so would have allowed the team to avoid starting Harper’s service time and arbitration clocks, which would seem like an important consideration if this is truly a temporary situation. Even more players will qualify for Super Two arbitration status under the terms of the new collective bargaining agreement, and there are less top prospects in the Majors right now than there have been at this point in the past two seasons. Of Marc Hulet’s top 30 prospects this year, only Matt Moore, Jesus Montero, Devin Mesoraco and Jarrod Parker are in the Majors. Then again, perhaps Zimmerman’s injury is a long-term concern, as Will Carroll suggested earlier today.

And just because Harper hasn’t hit well in 55 games between Double and Triple-A doesn’t mean that he doesn’t deserve the call-up. He has been young for every level, and at just 19 years old, he will be the youngest player in the Majors, displacing the 21-year-old Drew Hutchison — whose reign as the game’s youngest player lasted just eight days. And as Harper showed as an amateur, in A ball and the AFL, there is legitimate thunder in his bat. In addition, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo was in Syracuse to scout the Sky Chiefs earlier this week, and came away impressed with Harper. The error bars for his performance are likely to be wide, but with Washington expected to play him every day starting tomorrow, he will have an opportunity to get his bearings. And even if he doesn’t hit, he should be an asset in the field, as his speed and arm have graded out as plus or better by scouts.

Luckily though, Harper doesn’t have a tall mountain to climb to be a useful hitter for the Nats. To date, Washington has one of the worst offenses in the game. Its .290 wOBA ranks 24th in the game, and is tied for 12th in the National League. The average NL wOBA is just .306, but Washington’s left fielders have been far, far worse than that. Xavier Nady, who has started 10 games in left, is sporting a downright odious .192 wOBA, and he’s been the club’s best left fielder. Mark DeRosa, who has started six of the other nine games in left, is “hitting” .091/.250/.091, which translates to a .187 wOBA. Among players with at least 40 plate appearances, the un-dynamic duo ranks ninth and seventh-worst in the game in wOBA, respectively. It would be difficult for Harper to be worse.

Of course, since Harper doesn’t play third base, DeRosa, or Chad Tracy — whose .138 wOBA is even more abominable, though in an even smaller sample — is still likely to appear in the lineup. Nationals manager Davey Johnson could solve that by playing Steve Lombardozzi instead, but he has only done that in one of the four games since Zimmerman went down. Lombardozzi doesn’t have much experience at the hot corner, but at least he is capable of hitting a baseball, which is a skill that DeRosa and Tracy have not yet demonstrated this season.

But no matter how Johnson juggles the lineup to accommodate Harper, these are minor details in the grand scheme of things. Harper is an uber talent. He ranked either first or second on every major top prospects list this spring, and his Major League debut tomorrow will likely be one of the most exciting moments of the season. With such a dearth of top prospects currently in the Majors, Harper will be the hands-down favorite for Rookie of the Year if he plays well from the jump. If he doesn’t, he may quickly find himself back in Syracuse, and Nats fans will have both his subpar play and Zimmerman’s shoulder to worry about, but the fact that we are going to find out just good he can be sooner than expected is a real treat.

04-27-2012, 11:47 PM
What about him says he is not ready?

Any other 19 year old that put up his numbers in ST and AAA would be deemed not ready. What about him says that he is ready?

Jeffy25
04-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Any other 19 year old that put up his numbers in ST and AAA would be deemed not ready. What about him says that he is ready?

He has plus plus speed, and is plus defensively. This part of his game is already developed.

His bat will obviously come later, and it's not like it was horrendous

And what was wrong with ST? He hit .326, and has a .708 OPS in AAA and of the options to call up, he is the only one that is going to be an everyday player. And he is already on the 40-man roster, other 19 year olds are not.

And his free agency is delayed. So use him, why not? He'll learn in the MLB what he would be learning in AAA any way.

I wouldn't call him up unless you plan to keep him up personally, but if they think he is going to stick there, then let him.

04-28-2012, 12:29 AM
He has plus plus speed, and is plus defensively. This part of his game is already developed.

His bat will obviously come later, and it's not like it was horrendous

And what was wrong with ST? He hit .326, and has a .708 OPS in AAA and of the options to call up, he is the only one that is going to be an everyday player. And he is already on the 40-man roster, other 19 year olds are not.

And his free agency is delayed. So use him, why not? He'll learn in the MLB what he would be learning in AAA any way.

I wouldn't call him up unless you plan to keep him up personally, but if they think he is going to stick there, then let him.

Decent ST numbers (that is boosted by what he did last year) and nothing to write home about AA/AAA numbers do not not scream "ready." Just because he is the only one who has a spot open for him on the MLB club does not mean he is ready. Learning on the job at the big league level does not make him ready. Delayed free agency has nothing to do with whether he is ready or not. Simply the numbers do not support that he is ready to be an everyday player.

Can the numbers be wrong? Sure they can and Harper could be a very solid player on the big club. I have nothing against him and like most posters in this forum I'm interested to see what he can do. However when someone takes the next step in their profession (baseball, banking, chef, entrepreneur) the burden is on them to prove that they are ready.

Raking in A ball and one good ST has never been solid proof that a ball player is ready.

rkelly7
04-28-2012, 12:46 AM
As a Nat's fans, I don't necessarily agree with the move. We have a great record and although we may be struggling offensively, Harper is only hitting .250 at AAA. Translate that to the majors right now, and he might be closer to .200 than .250. He is not ready. Guys at AAA are still working on their secondary pitches and for the most part in the Bigs, they have their pitches down and he is going to get fooled a lot more than he is now. Rushing his development may be problematic IMO. If we get his confidence down if he struggles a lot, he may never turn into the perennial superstar most envision he will be.

I'm excited about the call up and all, I just don't really think it's the right time. I sure hope I'm wrong because the Nats need some supplemental offense.

giants73756
04-28-2012, 01:14 AM
How long until he pisses somebody off and gets drilled in the back?

Jeffy25
04-28-2012, 11:32 AM
A kid with that kind of talent, I'm not ready to say he isn't ready because of about 100 minor league games of hitting statistics say he isn't.

Harper is a kid on another level talent wise.

Griffey skipped AAA all together in 89 at the age of 19
A-Rod came up at 18 with only 100 AAA plate appearances (he spent half of the next season in the minors though)
When Upton first came up, he skipped AAA before going back to the minors the following year.

I personally don't think Harper is here to stay, I think he is going to get a taste of the big leagues, and if he doesn't hit well, will be back in AAA for the bulk of this season, and will play next year on the Opening Day roster and stay up then.

But that's what I personally think, we'll see.

Jeffy25
04-28-2012, 11:33 AM
If we get his confidence down if he struggles a lot, he may never turn into the perennial superstar most envision he will be.

I wouldn't worry about that, kid is mentally there, and is cockier than probably any active big leaguers.

He could use a good dose of humble pie most likely, but I wouldn't worry about his confidence at all.

04-28-2012, 12:46 PM
A kid with that kind of talent, I'm not ready to say he isn't ready because of about 100 minor league games of hitting statistics say he isn't.

Harper is a kid on another level talent wise.

Griffey skipped AAA all together in 89 at the age of 19
A-Rod came up at 18 with only 100 AAA plate appearances (he spent half of the next season in the minors though)
When Upton first came up, he skipped AAA before going back to the minors the following year.

I personally don't think Harper is here to stay, I think he is going to get a taste of the big leagues, and if he doesn't hit well, will be back in AAA for the bulk of this season, and will play next year on the Opening Day roster and stay up then.

But that's what I personally think, we'll see.

Harper has loads of talent and I don't think anyone here is trying to deny that. However taking the burden of proof off of him by saying you're not going to let 100 games tell you that he is not ready is ridiculous.

For someone who is all about the numbers Jeffy you seem to ignore them in this situation.

Carlznerson
04-28-2012, 12:46 PM
He really isn't all that cocky. He's forced to act out as he gets **** from every team he has had to face in his career.

Ron!n
04-28-2012, 05:35 PM
He batting 7th against teh Dodgers today.

Jeffy25
04-28-2012, 05:51 PM
I for one, will be watching.

THINKBLUE15
04-28-2012, 06:27 PM
An absolute fleet of reporters funneling into the Ravine right now. Probably the biggest debut fest ever.

VRP723
04-28-2012, 06:28 PM
He's facing Billingsley, so maybe he can get a hit tomorrow.

TrueYankee
04-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Billingsley is on my fantasy team. I expect 4k's from Harper.

Carlznerson
04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Boras believes Bryce will be sent back down once Zim gets off the DL.

Apparently he's putting on a show in BP. 3 bombs in 6 pitches halfway up the bleachers. And Strasburg right after hit one out as well lol.

dtmagnet
04-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I wonder if he gets beaned, "Welcome to the bigs kid."

THINKBLUE15
04-28-2012, 09:26 PM
I wonder if he gets beaned, "Welcome to the bigs kid."

Certainly not by Chud Ball-less-ley

SportsAndrew25
04-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Bryce Harper is at the plate.

DodgerBlue8188
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
ground out 1-3

TrueYankee
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Well he made contact. He got a nice round of boooos

THINKBLUE15
04-28-2012, 10:04 PM
A privileged kid. Makes his debut at Dodger Stadium with Vin Scully on the call, in front of the largest crowd he will ever play in MLB.

Pujolsfan91
04-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Flied out to left in his 2nd AB. Showed decent patience.

Excited for him to be up though. Hopefully he fulfills his potential.

Cosmic_Canon
04-28-2012, 10:21 PM
It'd be awesome to see this kid homer today.

gocubs2118
04-28-2012, 10:32 PM
It'd be awesome to see this kid homer today.

As long as he doesn't do it off of Chad, need those fantasy points.

Cosmic_Canon
04-28-2012, 10:57 PM
The Bryce Harper era has kicked off. :cool:

Cubsfan365
04-28-2012, 10:59 PM
He just destroyed a double off the bottom of the wall.

THINKBLUE15
04-28-2012, 11:00 PM
There it is

-Lavigne43-
04-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Laser. What's up with his ridiculous hair?

YanksNats1987
04-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Great to get that first hit out of the way. His bat speed is insane.

Cubsfan365
04-28-2012, 11:07 PM
He actually has great plate discipline so far.

04-28-2012, 11:12 PM
That whole 160 innings limit thing needs to go out the window for Strasburg. He is too good to be limited.

-Lavigne43-
04-28-2012, 11:13 PM
What a throw!!!! Wow, too bad Ramos dropped it.

momoneyyyy
04-28-2012, 11:13 PM
That double was a straight bomb to straight away center

Cubsfan365
04-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Just made a perfect throw home on a single and Ramos dropped it.

-Lavigne43-
04-28-2012, 11:15 PM
lmao! http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/4/28/2985669/the-guy-who-ruined-bryce-harpers-first-ever-hit

DodgerBlue8188
04-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Wow...great throw

DodgerBlue8188
04-28-2012, 11:16 PM
lmao! http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/4/28/2985669/the-guy-who-ruined-bryce-harpers-first-ever-hit

hahah

momoneyyyy
04-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Loving the Jet!

momoneyyyy
04-28-2012, 11:17 PM
oops wrong thread aha

momoneyyyy
04-28-2012, 11:20 PM

Hahahahhahahahahha thats awesome

THINKBLUE15
04-28-2012, 11:21 PM
What a throw!!!! Wow, too bad Ramos dropped it.

Harriston is sneaky

-Lavigne43-
04-28-2012, 11:24 PM
The guy didn't even get caught. He's still behind home plate.

Pujolsfan91
04-28-2012, 11:53 PM
First career rbi on a 1st pitch sac fly putting the nats up 1.

Carlznerson
04-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Looking like a ****ing pro. Sac fly for the lead in the 9th.

YanksNats1987
04-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Got the job done for the RBI. Textbook. :cool:

BradHolt4CYoung
04-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Kemp is on roids

DodgerBlue8188
04-29-2012, 12:43 AM
YES! Kemp ruins the debut! Harper is def the real deal IMO, but very nice to have his first game be a loss.

THINKBLUE15
04-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Dear Bryce Harper,

Matt Kemp

Sincerely,
The Los Angeles Dodgers

P.S. your replacement closer sucks.

Carlznerson
04-29-2012, 12:46 AM
YES! Kemp ruins the debut! Harper is def the real deal IMO, but very nice to have his first game be a loss.

Didn't ruin anything but the W. He showed he belongs. That's all that matters. With Zim and Morse in we win this game easily.

THINKBLUE15
04-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Harper is gonna be scary good btw. Vin was marveling at him all night.

Carlznerson
04-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Dear Bryce Harper,

Matt Kemp

Sincerely,
The Los Angeles Dodgers

He was 5 for 5 in Save Opps before tonight with 10ks and a 0.00 ERA. Injuries are killing the Nats.

THINKBLUE15
04-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Didn't ruin anything but the W. He showed he belongs. That's all that matters. With Zim and Morse in we win this game easily.

We all know the Dodgers were just an afterthought tonight. It was all Nats. It was a great win for the Dodgers to put a damper on such a hyped up night for Washington. No denying that.

THINKBLUE15
04-29-2012, 12:49 AM
He was 5 for 5 in Save Opps before tonight with 10ks and a 0.00 ERA. Injuries are killing the Nats.

lol 5-5 is a tiny sample size. So was tonight. He isn't the greatest thing ever. He's not the worst thing ever. I was just joking. He threw 4 wild pitches.

Carlznerson
04-29-2012, 12:50 AM
lol 5-5 is a tiny sample size. So was tonight. He isn't the greatest thing ever. He's not the worst thing ever. I was just joking. He threw 4 wild pitches.

Oh definitely he was complete and utter **** tonight. Just he's been doing fine and realistically if Lidge came on he would have found a way to give up 6 runs in that 9th lol

YanksNats1987
04-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Should've pulled the little league move and bring in Bryce to pitch the 9th.

THINKBLUE15
04-29-2012, 01:41 AM
https://p.twimg.com/ArnfQthCAAADYsA.jpg

Guy moons the camera just before Harper records his first hit. lol

WOwolfOL
04-29-2012, 02:05 AM
That throw was astonishing

Wrigheyes4MVP
04-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Bryce looked pretty good surprisingly. I am shocked so far.

es0terik
04-30-2012, 02:04 AM

Absolutely love this post :nod:

Pinstripe pride
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
well, i know someone who's going to see a nationals game this week then

Jeffy25
04-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I am really personally excited about Harper.

We haven't had that hall of fame caliber player from day one at such a young age in awhile.

Justin Upton had similar hype, Albert Pujols is clearly one of our generations best players.

But right now, we don't really have a clear-cut best player in baseball like Pujols was and like Bonds was. Kemp I guess, but he hasn't been doing it for very long.

I want to see Harper become the best player in this next generation. To be an everyday Centerfielder, hit 40 homers each year and be elite from the beginning.

The Nats have him signed arb controlled through 2015, and he is going to make roughly 2 million per year through that season when he will be 22. Then his arb years start, and they basically have 3 more seasons to work out yearly deals. I would love to know if the Nationals can figure out a way in 2015 to lock him up long term when Boras is his agent.

In the big leagues at the beginning of your age 19 season, lot's of room to grow, and to be great. And he has shown what kind of talent he has already.

It's exciting

04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Supposedly Harper is a Yankees fan. He will sign as a FA :laugh:

YanksNats1987
04-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I want to see Harper become the best player in this next generation. To be an everyday Centerfielder, hit 40 homers each year and be elite from the beginning.

The Nats have him signed arb controlled through 2015, and he is going to make roughly 2 million per year through that season when he will be 22. Then his arb years start, and they basically have 3 more seasons to work out yearly deals. I would love to know if the Nationals can figure out a way in 2015 to lock him up long term when Boras is his agent.

In the big leagues at the beginning of your age 19 season, lot's of room to grow, and to be great. And he has shown what kind of talent he has already.

It's exciting

I think the key for the Nats will be how they deal with Strasburg, who is FA the year before Bryce is. Of course every player is different, but it could be a good indication of how things may go the following year with Boras again.

Regardless, that is luckily down the road and not anything to worry about yet. Just get to enjoy the play on the field and hope Bryce pans out to be as good as many experts expected.

GeekInThePink
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Supposedly Harper is a Yankees fan. He will sign as a FA :laugh:

Of course he's a Yankees fan, he's a giant douche.

m8knuthink
04-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Dear Bryce Harper,

Matt Kemp

Sincerely,
The Los Angeles Dodgers

:clap: :cry: so funny!

But it seems as though the kid is legit...

THINKBLUE15
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
He's beyond legit

Zaunnie
04-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Laser. What's up with his ridiculous hair?

He's 19....

es0terik
05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Is Strasburg also represented by Boras?