PDA

View Full Version : A Failure without a Title this season - Wade says "Yes", Lebron says "No"

JordansBulls
04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-04-26/sports/sfl-miami-heat-lebron-james-s042612_1_miami-heat-stars-heat-coach-erik-spoelstra-perimeter-stars

On the notion of whether this season would be a "failure" without championship.

Wade said yes; James said no.

"The season won't be a failure," James said. "You put too much work into a season to automatically call it a failure, but it would be a disappointment.

"This is our goal. This is what we've come together for. A failure is a strong word. We commit ourselves and we dedicate our season, we work hard every day and to automatically say it's a failure, I think that's a big word. But I think it'd be a disappointment, because that's what you work hard for every day."

Wade was more definitive.

"I say yes," he said. "There's only one champion. It's a failure for every other team. If you don't win a championship, you had a failed year."

Lakersfan2483
04-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Wade is absolutely right. The Heat have the talent to win it all.

mjm07
04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Thats it. He won't win MVP just for that.

Cal827
04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
:laugh: Lebron already trying to cope?

Just kidding, but I think everybody here has Wade's opinion on the Heat team.

justinnum1
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
of course its a failure if we dont win

beasted86
04-27-2012, 01:17 PM
I guess that's why Wade is still Team Captain.

mjm07
04-27-2012, 01:17 PM
They're both right. if the HEAT don't win this year it will be a dissapointment and the team would definetly be failures,in particular, the big 3.

Vincent
04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Kind of shocked by LeBron's answer. Even if he didn't believe it, why didn't he just say the right answer and open himself to critics?

LeBron seriously needs a PR coach.

ManRam
04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
They're both right...to an extent.

Of course you'd rather hear your stars say "of course it would be a failure"...but "failure" is an absolute term, and implies complete lack of success.

But yeah, the LeBron critics probably will have a field day with this...

kozelkid
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Skip would have a field day with this...

But this is pretty bad statement by Lebron imo.

Cal827
04-27-2012, 01:22 PM

:laugh: this

kblo247
04-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Wade = heart of a champion

LeBron = check my stats

RaiderLakersA's
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
This is no big deal. Classic "Mom & Pop" replies. (Or "good cop, bad cop" replies, if you prefer that analogy.)

When faced with an unfavorable dilemma, my pop would usually come in and give you the hard reality. Unvarnished, unsweetened, the cold-hearted truth of a given situation. That's Wade in this instance.

Mom, on the other hand, would soften the blow and get you to see the positive merits in EVERY dilemma. That's LeBron here.

There is no right or wrong here. It just depends on how you want to take your medicine.

Avenged
04-27-2012, 01:26 PM
You can see the difference in mentality just by those statements. Not a knock at Bron', but Wade knows what it takes to get it done to win a championship.

Nothing wrong w/ what Lebron said, but I think Wade had the correct answer.

REKAL
04-27-2012, 01:29 PM
The answer of a champion compared to the answer of a Lebron.

pebloemer
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't have issue with what LeBron said. I don't think it means he is any less motivated to win, he is just trying to sound smart. But with the world largest magnifying glass on him, people will interpret whatever they will.

JNA17
04-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Oh boy...Lebron, that was a bad choice of words.

shep33
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
I've been pretty supportive of LBJ this year. But this is stupid. Its a failure if they don't win. 3 top players in this league in their prime. They have to win it, Wade is spot on. No excuses. Just get it done and I think they will.

kblo247
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
You can see the difference in mentality just by those statements. Not a knock at Bron', but Wade knows what it takes to get it done to win a championship.

What Lebron said shows weakness. You think Kobe, MJ, Tim, KG, Bird, or even ring less guys like Barkley, Miller, and Malone would say not winning a title doesn't mean a failed year when they have the talent to do it? The problem to me is that it contradicts him saying not 1 ..... 7. It is just dumb to say that before the playoffs. It is a mentality or lack of one that he has as "the best player in the game" when under fire. He can't utter that, he should be saying we going to win and if we don't blame me cause he has all the talent individually and on the team to get it done which means it would be a failure

RaiderLakersA's
04-27-2012, 01:35 PM

That's just it...championship experience seperates the two.

Anyone who has ever won a championship will echo Wade's tone. Once you've been to the mountaintop, anything less is failure. But for the many who have not, progression matters in the absence of achievement.

I guaranty you this, though: the minute that LeBron wins a title, he'll never be able to say that the journey matters more than the end result after that point. He'll echo Wade, Magic, Duncan, Bird, Shaq and countless others who have all said in effect that not winning a title is a failed season. Period. He just doesn't know any better right now, because he's never won it all.

torocan
04-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the PSD Rorschach test.

See what you want to see!

Seriously, doesn't really matter.

The Fans will consider Miami to be a failure if they don't take a championship home, or at least lose in an extremely competitive series (as in game 7, down to the wire).

And if they lose to another low seeded team ala Dallas last season, the recriminations will be at a new fever pitch.

Lebron & Co better pray the Heat don't get upset prior to the Championships, or it will be a bloodbath in the media.

nycericanguy
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Not a big deal, but I will say this. If Lebron doesn't win a title this year, with the amount of talent he has around him, I think he will start to wilt under all the pressure next year. And I think it will eventually lead to him opting out.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Did LeBron really said that???

lol it sounds like an excuse already

Stinkyoutsider
Where is Lebron's heart on this one? Of course it'll be a failure if the Heat don't win. They've got one of the most talented big 3 in a long time. The same season all 3 of them signed their contracts, Lebron talked about multiple rings. Multiple rings along with championship level talent means failure if they don't win it all.

Chicago and OKC are in the same boat. If they don't win it this year, it's a failure.

P-O-Z
04-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Lebron already said it would be a failure if they dont win a championship in the S.I interview? ...

ManRam
04-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I don't think one quote really shows anything. Does anyone here really think that he doesn't want to win it all this year...and to do so badly? Him saying this doesn't have me thinking he doesn't care or anything...it's just an answer to a question. :shrug:

BigBlueCrew
04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Oh Lebron....making this too easy. :facepalm:

beasted86
04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Not a big deal, but I will say this. If Lebron doesn't win a title this year, with the amount of talent he has around him, I think he will start to wilt under all the pressure next year. And I think it will eventually lead to him opting out.

Too bad he doesn't have an opt out until June 30th 2014.

BIG worm
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
sounds like doubt creeping in to me. and not wanting to have labeled himself as a failure if they lose......just sayin

2DaHoop
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
lol...so typical of a Lebron interview. Nothing will top this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHRD10DmCc

nycericanguy
04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Where is Lebron's heart on this one? Of course it'll be a failure if the Heat don't win. They've got one of the most talented big 3 in a long time. The same season all 3 of them signed their contracts, Lebron talked about multiple rings. Multiple rings along with championship level talent means failure if they don't win it all.

Chicago and OKC are in the same boat. If they don't win it this year, it's a failure.

I wouldnt say that at all, Durant & Rose are both only 23, its very rare for a 23 year old to lead their team to a title. You have to go through growing pains, I think both get another year or two before you can criticize them.

Lebron is now in his 9th season, and lets face it, the celebration of the "easy 7 titles" put him & MIA in the bulleye.

72 Wins
04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Yikes. Terrible choice of words. He shouldn't have to even think about it. Failure should be the instinctive response.

justinnum1
04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
There is no way lebron can opt out of miami before winning a ring here. Any chance of a legacy we would be done.

We winning it this year.

b@llhog24
This is why Wade is the muthafuxking man!

nycericanguy
Too bad he doesn't have an opt out until June 30th 2014.

yes thats what I was referring to. i said eventually lead to him opting out... not this summer!...lol

oak2455
Lebron is the Arod( but has a ring)of the NBA why does he say this stuff:confused:

72 Wins
I wouldnt say that at all, Durant & Rose are both only 23, its very rare for a 23 year old to lead their team to a title. You have to go through growing pains, I think both get another year or two before you can criticize them.

Lebron is now in his 9th season, and lets face it, the celebration of the "easy 7 titles" put him & MIA in the bulleye.

It doesn't matter how old Durant and Rose are... they also should look at the season as a failure if they don't win it all. You just don't settle.

kblo247
04-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I don't think one quote really shows anything. Does anyone here really think that he doesn't want to win it all this year...and to do so badly? Him saying this doesn't have me thinking he doesn't care or anything...it's just an answer to a question. :shrug:

It's more about the telling behind the answer. He wants to win but he doesn't want to be crucified for losing or the burden of saying its on me. That is the problem from a leadership standpoint. If he says yes, everyone in that locker room down to the last video scout has accountability, no bs excuse.

Donuts365
04-27-2012, 01:44 PM
its bad thats like saying all i want in a season is to win scoring titles mvp nba all first team etc no excuse for that anwser

shizzle09
04-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Man, the year Lebron wins it all is the year PSD goes quiet. Lebron is absolutely correct. It's a disappointment but you can never call alll the hard work they put in a failure. They still had lots of success this year win or lose. Of course they both feel the same deep down.

nycericanguy
04-27-2012, 01:45 PM
It doesn't matter how old Durant and Rose are... they also should look at the season as a failure if they don't win it all. You just don't settle.

whoa, i didnt say all that now.

I was talking about PUBLIC perception, obviously Rose & Durant want to win the title, and they're both pros, they would def feel it was a failure if they didnt.

Donuts365
04-27-2012, 01:47 PM
if the heat dont win this year bosh likely have to go better get it done before its too late

Rain City
04-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Wow!!!! Maybe he thinks reverse psychology will reverse his fortune, or already buckling under playoff pressure...

shizzle09
04-27-2012, 01:48 PM
its bad thats like saying all i want in a season is to win scoring titles mvp nba all first team etc no excuse for that anwser

Did he mention scoring titles you clown? such an immature post considering he said its a dissappointment not a failure. No mention of anything other than saying you cant call a year of hard work a failure. man, I just need to stay away from this site and the 10 year olds posting in here.

Donuts365
04-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Man, the year Lebron wins it all is the year PSD goes quiet. Lebron is absolutely correct. It's a disappointment but you can never call alll the hard work they put in a failure. They still had lots of success this year win or lose. Of course they both feel the same deep down.

lebron still doesnt have a post up game what hard work did he put in ?

JC_
04-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I like what Lebron said. What he said is realer than 90% of what is said by NBA players these days. Miami isn't some inpenetrable monster and if they don't win, yes it will suck for them but when I see their team I don't see "superteam". They are missing some key pieces to be called that. At the end of the day Lebron will probably play harder than anyone on either team and so the Heat will definately have a chance to win. Him thinking this way is less pressure and smarter than himself thinking he's a failure if they don't win.

Donuts365
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Did he mention scoring titles you clown? such an immature post considering he said its a dissappointment not a failure. No mention of anything other than saying you cant call a year of hard work a failure. man, I just need to stay away from this site and the 10 year olds posting in here.

im not saying he said that he said if the heat dont win its not a failure why put all that "hard work" in if you believe finishing 2nd seed is a good thing and championships not all that important

Donuts365
04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
thats like saying im dying for a cheese burger but ill settle for chicken and cheese fries

JC_
04-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Yikes. Terrible choice of words. He shouldn't have to even think about it. Failure should be the instinctive response.

Instinctive response, yes, but NBA players are allowed to think before they speak which is why they don't all say the same egotistical ****.

topdog
04-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Lay off Lebron! I am no fan of his, but I am alright with him saying it would be a major "disappointment" rather than classifying the season as a failure. Obviously, guys who claim they are going to win multiple titles should expect nothing less on the court, and the ultimate goal of any player should be to win championships, but don't lose sight of the 66 games you just played as being something significant.

Donuts365
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Lay off Lebron! I am no fan of his, but I am alright with him saying it would be a major "disappointment" rather than classifying the season as a failure. Obviously, guys who claim they are going to win multiple titles should expect nothing less on the court, and the ultimate goal of any player should be to win championships, but don't lose sight of the 66 games you just played as being something significant.

so beating 50 bad teams is a good sign ?

nickdymez
04-27-2012, 02:12 PM

LeBron = check my stats

lol, this

Shlumpledink
04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't have any problem with what lebron said. Sure he has that stigma, but its a level-headed answer. It's realistically not a failure for the heat to lose. The long term effects of the heat losing would probably be positive. They'd think seriously about breaking up the trio of stars, maybe they would deal chris bosh and pick up more complementary parts. I wouldn't think this is a failure, they've got a few years left in them

M.Bibby2.0
04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
There is nothing wrong with what he said. Failure entails the same thing as 'major disappointment' everyone here is just looking for a reason to scrutinize LeBron.

Showtime Steve
04-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Im not a leBron fan at all. I respect his game but thats it. I feel at times the hate does go too far. But that to me sums up why he isnt and may nevr be at that level. talent wise yes, but that "all or nothing", i love the pressure, winning is all that matter killer instinct isnt there. He needs wade or bosh to win.

Jenceman
04-27-2012, 02:25 PM
It should be a failure. What's the point of playing if not to win?

Evolution23
04-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Heat fans get ready for another disappointing end. I actually feel bad for the 2 fans they do have.

TheWhiteMamba
04-27-2012, 02:40 PM
When you're the favorite to win it all and you dont, how can that not be considered a failure. Wade is right and still shows why this is his team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Wade is absolutely right. The Heat have the talent to win it all.

Talent doesn't guarantee you championships. See 2004 Lakers. If you don't match up well with the team in the finals, you're not going to win a championship. The Heat need a dominating big man, not 2 elite perimeter guys, to win it all. I still don't see them winning this yr tbh.

topdog
04-27-2012, 02:49 PM
so beating 50 bad teams is a good sign ?

Appreciate the journey.

As far as Lebron, I think a number of us don't like him but feel this thread is just another attempt to bash him. I'll save my "hate" for when he really deserves it.

Chronz
04-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Wade is answering with tact but you really think Wade feels he has failed every year in his career save for 1?

MTL_123
04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Heat fans get ready for another disappointing end. I actually feel bad for the 2 fans they do have.

lol your so confident that knicks are going to win. cant wait to hear all the excuse u come up with wen we beat u guys just dont go hiding alright

Raph12
04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Lebron just went for the political approach... Wade was being Wade.

nycsports2
04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
what a suprise..

DaBear
04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Well he's used to choking in the Finals, so I respect his answer.

nycsports2
04-27-2012, 03:35 PM

wade should come 2 the knicks imo, have a real crowd that shows up an hr b4 the game starts not after

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
LBJ has got it right in spirit. For a team like the Pacers, this year has been a success, because it has seen improvement over last season. The Knicks can say the same as well, as they have taken a step in the right direction.

But for the Heat, in order for them to show an improvement over last season, they need to win a title, because anything less would be stagnating and falling behind where they stood last year.

But there is more ways than one to mark success. The Heat had a successful regular season, their players and front office work hard and work with far less drama than other contenders (LA with Kobe and Gasol/Odom trade situations, Orlando with Diwght, NY with Melo/D'Antoni/Lin/Chemistry, OKC with the Westbrook/Durant/shot selection). really, the only other teams that were drama free and in contention were chi-town and the Spurs.

Coupled with that, while I don't like LBJ for leaving Cleveland, I do respect the fact that has has posted the best individual season, he's grown as a player, and most important for a person in his position, he's given back to the community. Considering all this team has accomplished on and off the court, its hard to call the season anything less than a success, even if the get knocked out in the first round.

In respects to money, they are also a success. Most teams are losing money, even some winning teams are in the red, so while some teams may have a better record, other teams make more money, and since, at the end of the day, this is all business, it could be argued that a team like Toronto was more successful than a team like Memphis, or Philly, even though the have a $#!TTY record.

I think for a conversation like this you need to start be defining what a failure is and what success is, because otherwise, two people could be talking about two completely different things and may appear to be in disagreement when they actually share the same thought.

I think for LBJ though, he knows he's done everything he can to help this team win. If Wade or Bosh put out the kind of performance that LBJ put out this season, the Heat would be unstoppable, so as an individual I think LBJ has had a more successful season and can see how for Wade, anything less than a ring would be a failure.

But whatever...

mdm692
04-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Thats why lebron wont win a ring, hes happy with regular season success. I agree that you work hard all season long and not everybody can win it all but if youre the lakers, thunder, spurs, bulls, heat, celtics and mavs and you get eliminated then yes its a failure.

JC_
04-27-2012, 03:41 PM
LBJ has got it right in spirit. For a team like the Pacers, this year has been a success, because it has seen improvement over last season. The Knicks can say the same as well, as they have taken a step in the right direction.

But for the Heat, in order for them to show an improvement over last season, they need to win a title, because anything less would be stagnating and falling behind where they stood last year.

But there is more ways than one to mark success. The Heat had a successful regular season, their players and front office work hard and work with far less drama than other contenders (LA with Kobe and Gasol/Odom trade situations, Orlando with Diwght, NY with Melo/D'Antoni/Lin/Chemistry, OKC with the Westbrook/Durant/shot selection). really, the only other teams that were drama free and in contention were chi-town and the Spurs.

Coupled with that, while I don't like LBJ for leaving Cleveland, I do respect the fact that has has posted the best individual season, he's grown as a player, and most important for a person in his position, he's given back to the community. Considering all this team has accomplished on and off the court, its hard to call the season anything less than a success, even if the get knocked out in the first round.

In respects to money, they are also a success. Most teams are losing money, even some winning teams are in the red, so while some teams may have a better record, other teams make more money, and since, at the end of the day, this is all business, it could be argued that a team like Toronto was more successful than a team like Memphis, or Philly, even though the have a $#!TTY record.

I think for a conversation like this you need to start be defining what a failure is and what success is, because otherwise, two people could be talking about two completely different things and may appear to be in disagreement when they actually share the same thought.

I think for LBJ though, he knows he's done everything he can to help this team win. If Wade or Bosh put out the kind of performance that LBJ put out this season, the Heat would be unstoppable, so as an individual I think LBJ has had a more successful season and can see how for Wade, anything less than a ring would be a failure.

But whatever...

Good post.

Chronz
04-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Lebron just went for the political approach... Wade was being Wade.

Pretty sure its the opposite

naps
They are both right. Wade said in a overall point of view and depending on the final result. LeBron is going step by step not just the final result.

Ofcourse, three fanbases are going to have make this a 50+ page thread. Mark my words.

Bruno
kidding me LBJ? of corse it would be a failure.

OldSchool
04-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Not 5, not 6, not 7...lmao.

naps
04-27-2012, 04:02 PM

Jesus!! Who's gonna fix these Knicks fans broken heart after the first round?

Bruno
04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
"I say yes," he said. "There's only one champion. It's a failure for every other team. If you don't win a championship, you had a failed year." -Dwyane Wade.

that's reality. LBJ is in his 9th year. it's not about learning experiences or getting close, it's about getting it done. he's too damn good to have such a soft approach on this.

ChicagoJ
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
I understand what LeBron is trying to say, but questions like this just set him up to be criticized. No question to me that the heat have to win it all this year and the pressure is on them to do so more than anyone or it is a failed season.

krazylegz
04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I guess that's why Wade is still Team Captain.

this.

teddygreen17
04-27-2012, 04:28 PM

LeBron = check my stats

This:clap:

teddygreen17
04-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I can see Lebron at the end of his career saying "I have 5 MVPs, so what I dont have a championship, I might be the greatest player of all time..my legacy speaks for itself, my career was a success"

nickdymez
04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Talent doesn't guarantee you championships. See 2004 Lakers. If you don't match up well with the team in the finals, you're not going to win a championship. The Heat need a dominating big man, not 2 elite perimeter guys, to win it all. I still don't see them winning this yr tbh.

The 2004 Lakers were hurt. And the superstar was accused of rape

nickdymez
04-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Listen.. At the end of the day, Lebron gets to live his glamorous life and we get to live our miserable lives. Win or lose.....

Supreme LA
04-27-2012, 05:34 PM

But whatever...

^Wtf?? Huh???

Forget all that. True champions play to WIN fool!

Raps08-09 Champ
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I can see what Lebron is getting at.

But in reality, he knows himself it's either he wins this year or face the hate.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-27-2012, 05:42 PM
The 2004 Lakers were hurt. And the superstar was accused of rape

Lebron's teammate apparently slept with his mom and his team mates were **** yet you never gave Lebron any slack back then.

homestarunner93
04-27-2012, 05:51 PM
LeBron is right, but no one with actually read his full quote and just dump on him because that's what they love to do.

teddygreen17
04-27-2012, 06:01 PM
LeBron is right, but no one with actually read his full quote and just dump on him because that's what they love to do.

I'm sorry what?

Kuya_Clive
04-27-2012, 06:01 PM
I understand what Lebron is trying to say. Failure is a somewhat strong word considering they do have a very good record, although they "should" win considering they have a ton of star power. However, we all know a lot of people will ride on Lebron for saying something like that.

JC_
04-27-2012, 06:31 PM
^Wtf?? Huh???

Forget all that. True champions play to WIN fool!

What does "playing to win" have to do with his post? Were talking about Lebron James here, who takes even ****** teams and makes them win games. He plays to win, regardless of what you think he meant by what he said.

theheatles
04-27-2012, 06:52 PM
LOL this just shows Wade being himself and LeBron having to be 100% PC or else he gets ripped....then he gets ripped anyways...

JordansBulls
04-27-2012, 07:05 PM
I kinda think he feels Melo will will explode in this series and show why there was a debate between the two of them for soo long.

amos1er
04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
WOW...All I can say is WOW!!!

This is exactly what I mean when I say that Lebron isn't worthy of being a top five player in this league. He is more about stats than winning. Of course he could prove me wrong this post season....lets see what this so-called "King" can do.

amos1er
04-27-2012, 07:25 PM
I kinda think he feels Melo will will explode in this series and show why there was a debate between the two of them for soo long.

Yep, thats what i was thinking. The Knicks match up well against the Heat and Melo could easily go off. Lebron will have a very hard time guarding him, which means Wade is going to have to be the X-Factor in this series.

Jumi
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
LBJ lead the Heat this year in points, rebounds, assists, and steals! It seems to me that he should've gotten Bosh and Wade to come to Cleveland!! I can't disagree with what he says. His play on the court proves anyone who thinks he's not ballin, WRONG. For them to win the chip this year, maybe, just maybe, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Battier, and Miller need to produce more!!! I'm just sayin!!!

Da Knicks
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM

This

NYKSpiritBomb
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
of course its a failure if we dont win

i didn't realize u were on the team

SportsAndrew25
04-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I find it extremely weird that a guy who came to Miami to WIN championships finds not winning one less than a failure.

blastmasta26
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
People are looking too much into this. First off, Wade says not winning a championship "is a failure for every team" which isn't quite true. So, he's not even addressing the pressure that the Heat themselves face in comparison to most teams, yet he's getting praised over LeBron.

I see what people are saying about LeBron's statement, but it just shows LeBron sees things differently than some people here. He's saying that you put too much work into a season to call it a failure as a whole. He's looking at the big picture. If you really think that he doesn't badly want to win a title, then you're delusional.

lakers4sho
04-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Why is anyone surprised by this?

THE GIPPER
04-27-2012, 10:34 PM

:facepalm:

PleaseBeNice
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
LBJ>Wade

ryang
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM
mello better then Lebron.. :laugh2:

John Walls Era
04-27-2012, 11:36 PM

If PSD is having a field day, then I think Bayless is allowed to.

But isn't it a failure for any team to not win a title (team with less than a 5th seed are exempt). Just that no team has more pressure than the Heat.

akagiredsuns
04-28-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't have issue with what LeBron said. I don't think it means he is any less motivated to win, he is just trying to sound smart. But with the world largest magnifying glass on him, people will interpret whatever they will.

Disagree. LeBron needs to be realistic like Wade, that if the Heat fall short again, it's a failure, NO EXCEPTIONS. Two straight years with this Big Three and if they can't win it this year, this is a HUGE letdown in every sense of the word. Wade has been to the top, he's had that taste of a title, which is why he is the rational one. LeBron never has, so it's easy for him to sugarcoat things as usual.

Props to Wade for keeping it real. Especially with the pressure Miami is under to win it all. Anything less is unacceptable, especially to Heat fans, who are passionate that their Heat can do it this time around and last year was a tease of things to come. LeBron did not sound smart nor tried to be. He sounded like an idiot who's out of touch with reality yet again. His words may have been said with good intentions, but just turned into a field day for the media. He will never learn. LeWrong please shut up and just play ball. :facepalm:

akagiredsuns
04-28-2012, 12:11 AM
People are looking too much into this. First off, Wade says not winning a championship "is a failure for every team" which isn't quite true. So, he's not even addressing the pressure that the Heat themselves face in comparison to most teams, yet he's getting praised over LeBron.

I see what people are saying about LeBron's statement, but it just shows LeBron sees things differently than some people here. He's saying that you put too much work into a season to call it a failure as a whole. He's looking at the big picture. If you really think that he doesn't badly want to win a title, then you're delusional.

You're the one who's being delusional. LeBron has been seeing the big picture for what 9 years now? Wade meant his statement just as much for the Heat than other teams. Thing is we understand what Wade is saying. He keeps it real. LeBron, like many on here I agree with, is all about stats.

Until he experiences a championship (which IMO he never will) his mindset is gonna be like that of a Barkley, Malone, Ewing, and others who never held a trophy. You don't see Bosh running his mouth about things like this. He's the smartest guy right now keeping quiet and just going out there one game at a time and doing what he needs to. The more LeWrong talks, the more he seems to embarrass himself. He needs to go out there with the Heat and win this thing already and then people will get off his back once he gets the monkey off his.

Cool007
04-28-2012, 12:37 AM
If PSD is having a field day, then I think Bayless is allowed to.

But isn't it a failure for any team to not win a title (team with less than a 5th seed are exempt). Just that no team has more pressure than the Heat.

Yes, it should be.

For Bulls, if they don't win it this year after having the best record again, then it would be counted as a failure by Bulls players/coaches and fans.

It should be a big time failure for LeBron and co. especially since they joined together to do just that and after all that celebration they had like to win 7 or more titles and how it would be so "Easy".

LeBron put this on himself and now I think he is backpedaling a bit.

I love the D-Wade's answer and LeBron should have had same answer (not that he didn't give a good answer - just not the correct one).

Teeboy1487
04-28-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm with Wade on this. It would be an absolute failure if the Heat don't win this year.

justjames
04-28-2012, 01:34 AM
"Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing."

JordansBulls
04-28-2012, 09:33 AM
mello better then Lebron.. :laugh2:

Where was that said?

Shkelqim
04-28-2012, 09:54 AM
LeBron is right to an extent, be realistic. If a couple injuries happen or something bizarre the season wasn't a complete failure. They're both right, but again two different personalities. Wade makes a must to win another championship LeBron just wants it to happen.

tcav701
04-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Wade had a winner mentality and LeBron is a loser.

Simply put, if you promise seven rings and win none, you are a failure by definition.

SkipBaylessFan
04-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Prince James needs to have a gag order put on him. No one remembers great seasons if you don't go all the way.

godolphins
04-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes, it would be a failure.

Sota4Ever
04-28-2012, 11:58 AM
since when did winning mean nothing??? Of course it is a failure if the Heat don't win. If winning doesn't matter then why do we even have the nba finals? Just give rings to everyone that tried their hardest. Lebron would have about 9 championship rings then..

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't like bringing this up, but this just another thing that separates Kobe from LeBron.

LeBron: It'll be a disappointment.

Kobe: A wasted year of my life.

lavilevi23
04-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Prince James needs to have a gag order put on him. No one remembers great seasons if you don't go all the way.

OK thanks Skip.

willabeast77
04-28-2012, 01:39 PM
LeBron is right, it wouldn't be a failure, just a disappointment. He'll win MVP and MVP is something special. I don't see the hate for him being honest.

willabeast77
04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't like bringing this up, but this just another thing that separates Kobe from LeBron.

LeBron: It'll be a disappointment.

Kobe: A wasted year of my life.

LeBron has a better chance at winning a title this year than Kobe, so I don't get your point.

ne3xchamps
04-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Of course its a failure, especially when you have a arrogant **** like lebron promising all those titles.

Mrphilly
04-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Lebron is right, coming in second is not failure, but it is disappointing. just because Wade said yes, his answer is the answer of a champion? You Lebron haters should have been born a woman.

ManningToTyree
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
LeBron gave the loser answer

Sota4Ever
04-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Lebron is right, coming in second is not failure, but it is disappointing. just because Wade said yes, his answer is the answer of a champion? You Lebron haters should have been born a woman.

WTF??? I think you are the woman and needs to go change her tampon. And since when is criticism hating? Get a life and stop saying the word hater like it is cool. :facepalm:

shep33
04-28-2012, 02:10 PM
LeBron has a better chance at winning a title this year than Kobe, so I don't get your point.

I think the point he's trying to make is that LBJ needs to get his rings now while in his prime. Windows can close quickly in this league.

IversonIsKrazy
04-28-2012, 02:49 PM
LeBron is already expecting the worst lol. Doesn't want to get his hopes up I guess, great competitive edge eh...

new york blue
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
And then there is Matthew 16:26

JordansBulls
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I think SA has a better shot than OKC vs Miami.