PDA

View Full Version : New York year in a Boston Century?

YankeesR#2
04-27-2012, 10:45 AM
This century has been all about Boston. All four major teams have won championships- a total of seven in all. Even when they are not winning they are in the championship games. All four teams are currently have sellout streaks, The Boston Red Sox the longest of any sports team in history.

Meanwhile the NY/NJ teams performance has been anemic, to be kind. The teams, Buffalo Bills, New York Giants, New York Jets, New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, New York Rangers, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, Buffalo Sabres, New York Yankees and the New York Mets- A total of 11 teams have won only three.

It breaks down to
teams that play in New York-1
teams that play in New Jersey- 2

Having said all that is this the year the New York teams will win all four championships?

The New York Giants have already won, the New York Rangers are the favorites for the Stanley Cup, the Yankees are always amoung the favorites to win the world series. It seems to come down to whether the Knicks can win the NBA title.

justinnum1
04-27-2012, 11:17 AM
they might win 3, but they aren;t beating miami

Fnom11
04-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Honestly there are never favorites in baseball, surprises always happens.

Raidaz4Life
04-27-2012, 11:33 AM
No way in hell it happens.

gaughan333
04-27-2012, 11:36 AM
This century has been all about Boston. All four major teams have won championships- a total of seven in all. Even when they are not winning they are in the championship games. All four teams are currently have sellout streaks, The Boston Red Sox the longest of any sports team in history.

Meanwhile the NY/NJ teams performance has been anemic, to be kind. The teams, Buffalo Bills, New York Giants, New York Jets, New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, New York Rangers, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders,New York Yankees and the New York Nets- A total of 10 teams have won only three.

It breaks down to

Having said all that is this the year the New York teams will win all four championships?

The New York Giants have already won, the New York Rangers are the favorites for the Stanley Cup, the Yankees are always the favorites to win the world series. It seems to come down to whether the Knicks can win the NBA title.

In what universe?

And I give this a 0% chance

BIG worm
04-27-2012, 11:39 AM
new york fans take homer to a whole new level. wow

LongIslandIcedZ
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Look at the username again lol

BIG worm
04-27-2012, 11:46 AM
"yankees are always favorites" coming from yankeesr#2

ne3xchamps
04-27-2012, 11:51 AM
not a snow ball's chance in hell.

RaiderLakersA's
04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I was hoping for something deeply insightful here. My mistake.

NYY 26 to 7
04-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Just want to correct you that it's 4 NY championships 2000 20009 (yanks) 2007 2011 (giants). Also who includes the bills in NY teams? And if you include the bills shouldn't the sabers be there too? This is a dumb thread. Also idk why people are questioning the yanks as being among the favorites considering they were the preseason favorites and have started a bit slow because of pitching but are still high among contenders so not sure why that's a crazy statement.

YankeesR#2
04-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Just want to correct you that it's 4 NY championships 2000 20009 (yanks) 2007 2011 (giants). Also who includes the bills in NY teams? And if you include the bills shouldn't the sabers be there too? This is a dumb thread. Also idk why people are questioning the yanks as being among the favorites considering they were the preseason favorites and have started a bit slow because of pitching but are still high among contenders so not sure why that's a crazy statement.

On the contrary, the 21st century starts in 2001 because there was no year 0. So the first century was year 1 to year 100 etc.

You are right about the Sabres, I should have included them because they are a New York State team.

John Walls Era
04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
the New York Rangers are the favorites for the Stanley Cup, the Yankees are always the favorites to win the world series.

Not this year.

YankeesR#2
04-27-2012, 02:20 PM
new york fans take homer to a whole new level. wow

I don't know why you think that someone with the ID "Yankees are fecal matter" is a yankee fan

Pittz
04-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Your user name could also be "Yankees are Derek Jeter."

I can't wait for the Rangers lose so my NY homer friend shuts up about their chances of sweeping championships.

Antwerp_nr1
04-27-2012, 03:02 PM
:facepalm:

JLynn943
04-27-2012, 03:13 PM
So Buffalo is now getting lumped in with NYC teams? I'm willing to bet not too many fans of NYC-area teams would consider a Buffalo win a win for them, too.

Evolution23
04-27-2012, 03:14 PM
of course they can and will

Pittz
04-27-2012, 03:17 PM
So Buffalo is now getting lumped in with NYC teams? I'm willing to bet not too many fans of NYC-area teams would consider a Buffalo win a win for them, too.

He never said city. Buffalo is in the state of New York, believe it or not.

JLynn943
04-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Oh, and for the record, no way do NY teams sweep.

nycsports2
04-27-2012, 03:22 PM
before the decade started i said every ny team would get a ring... that yr the yanks won, then the giants... rangers, jets, knicks will be contenders for yrs to come so well c

JLynn943
04-27-2012, 03:22 PM
He never said city. Buffalo is in the state of New York, believe it or not.

I am fully aware of where Buffalo is and have been there before. My point is that the Boston/New York rivalry is a rivalry between the city of Boston and New York City. What happens in Buffalo is not something I anticipate NYC fans ever using as part of the rivalry (which is really the only reason to ever compare Boston to New York). I didn't think that that would be so difficult to understand. Comparing the accomplishments of a city to an entire state makes no sense.

nycsports2
04-27-2012, 03:24 PM
of course they can and will

lol from your posts recently im seeing your in that ny state of mind... i like it!!!! were winning everything!!! haha:clap:

YankeesR#2
04-27-2012, 03:32 PM
I am fully aware of where Buffalo is and have been there before. My point is that the Boston/New York rivalry is a rivalry between the city of Boston and New York City. What happens in Buffalo is not something I anticipate NYC fans ever using as part of the rivalry (which is really the only reason to ever compare Boston to New York). I didn't think that that would be so difficult to understand. Comparing the accomplishments of a city to an entire state makes no sense.

Ideally I would want to compare the New York City teams to the Boston teams but what happened is that the winningest New York city team, the Giants, play in New jersey. So to get them in, I had to use the state of New Jersey too. Then I was comparing New York and New Jersey to Boston so I had to add all the teams in the state.

In retrospect I should have compared New England or Massachusetts to NY/NJ because the winningest Boston team plays in Foxboro which is not in Boston though it is in the same state.

topdog
04-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't quite get the hype about a New York Knicks team that has not looked especially good for any significant amount of time. Quite frankly I very sincerely doubt they reach the 2nd round (just going out on a limb here).

JLynn943
04-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Ideally I would want to compare the New York City teams to the Boston teams but what happened is that the winningest New York city team, the Giants, play in New jersey. So to get them in, I had to use the state of New Jersey too. Then I was comparing New York and New Jersey to Boston so I had to add all the teams in the state.

In retrospect I should have compared New England or Massachusetts to NY/NJ because the winningest Boston team plays in Foxboro which is not in Boston though it is in the same state.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to include the Jets/Giants as NYC teams though because they represent the city. The Patriots, though not singularly Boston, are pretty much associated with Boston, too. The Buffalo teams are just a stretch because they are so far away and represent an entirely different city and fanbase.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-27-2012, 06:21 PM
I suppose its possible with the Rangers and Knicks in the playoffs and the Yankees being the Yankees. Still wouldnt bet on it.

Cal827
04-28-2012, 12:43 AM
They'll be lucky if the Rangers come out with one.

THE GIPPER
04-28-2012, 01:18 AM

Meanwhile the NY/NJ teams performance has been anemic, to be kind. The teams, Buffalo Bills, New York Giants, New York Jets, New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, New York Rangers, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, Buffalo Sabres, New York Yankees and the New York Mets- A total of 11 teams have won only three.

It breaks down to

The New York Giants have already won, the New York Rangers are the favorites for the Stanley Cup, the Yankees are always amoung the favorites to win the world series. It seems to come down to whether the Knicks can win the NBA title.

1. Who says the Rangers are the favorites?

2. The Knicks have no chance.

CoffeeJanitor
04-28-2012, 01:38 AM
There is about a 0% chance the Knicks win the NBA title.

Donuts365
04-28-2012, 01:40 AM
now i know why we gets no respect

Sssmush
04-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah etz so haaad to freakin' decide, you know what I'm sayin'? I can't decide if it's gonna be Baston's yeeeaa or New Yowk's yeeeaa to win the title.

tcav701
04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
The Rangers will win a championship this year.

However, its the Texas Rangers.

raiderfaninTX
04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
people are dume

boom

YankeesR#2
Late Round Draft Pick

I'd say we should get along because I'm no yankee fan nor a douche and "opposites attract" but I'm afraid you would take it the wrong way.

For the record, the poll results are 50% Yes and 50% NO.

troll thread