PDA

View Full Version : Turning point of the series was the Prust-Neil fight

TruthFreesYou
04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
As soon as Prusty dropped the gloves with Neil, the series changed. Neil wasn't the same the rest of the series, and he didn't have any affect on the feel of the game anymore. This had to be done, and it won us the series. IN MY OPINION, IF NOBODY STEPPED UP TO FIGHT NEIL, OTTAWA WOULD HAVE WON THE SERIES... For people that don't understand hockey, this is a tough concept to accept, but it's true...

stag6004
04-27-2012, 08:59 AM
I agree 100%. Before then he was in the Ranger's head and he was playing above his level. But when the bully gets punched in the mouth, things change. Rangers started playing with alot more fire and brought it to Ottawa the rest of the series. Now they have to go and keep Ovechikin quite and attack Semin. Hopefully Rangers lock this up in 5 or 6 and let the Devils and Flyers beat each other's brains in and we can rest up a bit for the final push for the CUP!!!

runnermjr1296
04-27-2012, 09:48 AM
your point is well taken,and if anything chris neil was involved in helped us to win i'm all for it!

TruthFreesYou
04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
I agree 100%. Before then he was in the Ranger's head and he was playing above his level. But when the bully gets punched in the mouth, things change. Rangers started playing with alot more fire and brought it to Ottawa the rest of the series. Now they have to go and keep Ovechikin quite and attack Semin. Hopefully Rangers lock this up in 5 or 6 and let the Devils and Flyers beat each other's brains in and we can rest up a bit for the final push for the CUP!!!

i have a feeling this series made us into true contenders! we needed that! rangers over caps in 5!!

averymustgo
04-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Totally disagree. The turning point in this series was when Boyle got knocked out, it gave Kreider legit playing time which then gave the Rangers a legit second scoring line for the first time all season. Boyle getting knocked out despite 3 goals was actually a good thing short term. Boyle never has had any chemistry on a line other than with Fedotenko and Prust.

Garden Faithful
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Totally disagree. The turning point in this series was when Boyle got knocked out, it gave Kreider legit playing time which then gave the Rangers a legit second scoring line for the first time all season. Boyle getting knocked out despite 3 goals was actually a good thing short term. Boyle never has had any chemistry on a line other than with Fedotenko and Prust.

That was our best line in the series by far until Boyle got knocked out so I'm not sure why that's a bad thing that he has good chemistry with them.

dashripdot
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Prust had to do it for the team, but he didn't fare very well in the fight. Instead, I think MDZ's hit on Neil was more important. Neil was whining like a little ***** after he got a taste of his own style of play. Then, after the game in a classic "hold-me-back" move, he threatens MDZ. But Neil didn't show up in game 7; he did nothing for his team. I'm not saying he was intimidated by MDZ -- not at all -- but he sure didn't like it when he took one on the chin from a guy not known for rough stuff. By the way, on the play last night where MDZ gets the cross-checking penalty, why no high-sticking penalty to Neil? He clearly hits MDZ in the head with the butt-end of his stick before the cross-check.

Raiderwood
04-27-2012, 03:09 PM
As soon as Prusty dropped the gloves with Neil, the series changed. Neil wasn't the same the rest of the series, and he didn't have any affect on the feel of the game anymore. This had to be done, and it won us the series. IN MY OPINION, IF NOBODY STEPPED UP TO FIGHT NEIL, OTTAWA WOULD HAVE WON THE SERIES... For people that don't understand hockey, this is a tough concept to accept, but it's true...
Dead on... before Prust went with Neil the other night...all of the Sens were taking liberties with our guys.. you definitely saw a change in the way the game was played. And since we led the league in fighting majors, I was surprised that some of the other guys didnt do it sooner..

We got punched in the mouth, got up and gave it back but more importantly kept our wits about us to finish the job. Washington isnt going to be an easy series either, as they come in waves like Ottawa did...I think we win in 6

bsi
04-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Turning point should have been when we lined up against the 8th place team. We didn't play well enough to win that series with a good goalie, but with Hank on his game he drug us to the second round. Gaborik was pretty much invisible, the second line was our best line, but they didn't even generate a ton of scoring chances, they kept the play in Ottawa's end when they got it deep but really, we aren't gonna beat Washington the same way we played against Ottawa. Even though Richards said it was the Prust fight, I think the turning point was when Neil went after Richards and woke his azz up.

Immoknight
04-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Prust had to do it for the team, but he didn't fare very well in the fight. Instead, I think MDZ's hit on Neil was more important. Neil was whining like a little ***** after he got a taste of his own style of play. Then, after the game in a classic "hold-me-back" move, he threatens MDZ. But Neil didn't show up in game 7; he did nothing for his team. I'm not saying he was intimidated by MDZ -- not at all -- but he sure didn't like it when he took one on the chin from a guy not known for rough stuff. By the way, on the play last night where MDZ gets the cross-checking penalty, why no high-sticking penalty to Neil? He clearly hits MDZ in the head with the butt-end of his stick before the cross-check.

Because the referees "didn't see it"... That is me motioning with the two fingers, Quote on Unquote didn't see it...