PDA

View Full Version : Kreider was a beast last night

averymustgo
04-27-2012, 07:46 AM
I had doubts with his inconsistent scoring in college. He's proving why the Rangers refused to give him up.

dashripdot
04-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Last night he looked like it dawned on him (sometime after scoring in game 6) that playing in the NHL isn't going to be that difficult for him. He played with a lot of confidence in game 7 and, for short stretches, controlled the play on the ice.

aanddann
04-27-2012, 09:55 AM
it became very apparent to me over the past two games where on two separate occasions as a rookie he was directing traffic in the offensive zone. that means to me he's starting to really see the ice and what each play is all about.

if nothing else, the kid has a motor and he doesnt stop. i was really impressed with his forechecking. and i loved what Torts said in the postgame about how he was 'licking his chops' for the future with Kreider and Hagelin.

Garden Faithful
04-27-2012, 11:46 AM
He was great in two games but he hasn't proved anything yet lets just hope it continues, as I think it will, but let's not get ahead of ourselves yet it's only been a couple of games.

jonnyk124
04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Best player on the ice other than hank

J4KOP99
04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't like to overrate guys or exaggerate things too often but Kreider played like a ****ing man in game 7.

That has to say something. Yes, as others have pointed out, he's only played in a few games but the way he saw the ice and how he used his speed and quickness to his advantage on both sides of the ice was a lot of fun to watch.

Immoknight
04-27-2012, 04:39 PM
He was great in two games but he hasn't proved anything yet lets just hope it continues, as I think it will, but let's not get ahead of ourselves yet it's only been a couple of games.

That would usually be true... except for the conditions in which Kreider is excelling in...

1) Straight out of college... he is playing for the FIRST time in the NHL
2) That first time HAPPENS to be during the PLAYOFFS... the most intense time in hockey...
3) Not only is he playing in it, but he is making a mark everytime he is in the game. You hear his name constantly, it's as if he is everywhere at once.
4) The final thing is... he probably had like 5 total practices with the team... he doesn't know where each player likes the puck, where they tend to go during situations, etc...

DESPITE all these things... he is playing at a level of a very top NHL player... that's why the 'it's only x amount of games' doesn't really apply when it comes to Kreider.

ShadyOne
04-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Observations..

Kreider is such a smooth, fluid skater. He's quick, but just easily glides around, and has that nose for the puck that all the top players have.

Also, like many top players, gets the puck, and puts it in the right spot. More often than not, he doesn't just move the puck to move it, but makes things happen.

Also, very comfortable handling the puck, and tough for the opposition to get it away from him. Don't remember one time in that game 7 that anyone on Ottawa took it away from him once he had possession.

Obviously a small sample size, but he looks legit. And we all heard about his shot, can't wait to see him get a little more aggressive..

saintant182
04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Last night he looked like it dawned on him (sometime after scoring in game 6) that playing in the NHL isn't going to be that difficult for him. He played with a lot of confidence in game 7 and, for short stretches, controlled the play on the ice.

yea a weird way to put it but exactly how it looked... confidence was the exact reason he looked so good last night and the goal is likely the thing that gae him that confidence

i dont think it took long for him to realise that even though his experience is vastly lacking, he is allready easily a better skater than most in the nhl!!! he really utilized that in the correct ways and right situations last night

saintant182
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
That would usually be true... except for the conditions in which Kreider is excelling in...

2) That first time HAPPENS to be during the PLAYOFFS... the most intense time in hockey...
3) Not only is he playing in it, but he is making a mark everytime he is in the game. You hear his name constantly, it's as if he is everywhere at once.
4) The final thing is... he probably had like 5 total practices with the team... he doesn't know where each player likes the puck, where they tend to go during situations, etc...

DESPITE all these things... he is playing at a level of a very top NHL player... that's why the 'it's only x amount of games' doesn't really apply when it comes to Kreider.

as much as i think he more than likely will contiinues this success.. its certainly a valid point.... spezza was exceptional in his playoff debut and flopped by the standards that were then expected of him due to the hype and im sure many have, so its a causious yet velid point... but yea same here i think he will be fine and only continue to grow.. he seems extreemly switched on.. and has that weird quiet focus that some people who excel just seem to have (not just in hockey)

ShadyOne
04-27-2012, 10:43 PM
as much as i think he more than likely will contiinues this success.. its certainly a valid point.... spezza was exceptional in his playoff debut and flopped by the standards that were then expected of him due to the hype and im sure many have, so its a causious yet velid point... but yea same here i think he will be fine and only continue to grow.. he seems extreemly switched on.. and has that weird quiet focus that some people who excel just seem to have (not just in hockey)

Did you just say Spezza has flopped, hasn't met expectations?

The guy is a point-per-game player for his career to date, with some pretty good +/- seasons, and even just about a point-per in the playoffs. If that's a flop, and he hasn't met expectations, must be a really tough crowd.

If Kreider ends up in that neighborhood, I'll be extremely happy.

IAmARanger18
04-28-2012, 07:07 PM
And then followed it up with 2 points this afternoon, a GWG and an assist!!!

nystandup
04-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Thread update- Kreider was a beast this afternoon!

saintant182
04-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Did you just say Spezza has flopped, hasn't met expectations?

The guy is a point-per-game player for his career to date, with some pretty good +/- seasons, and even just about a point-per in the playoffs. If that's a flop, and he hasn't met expectations, must be a really tough crowd.

If Kreider ends up in that neighborhood, I'll be extremely happy.

ha nah i didnt really put it acrsoss how i meant it, btu if i remember rightly he came in smashed it, every one hyped him hard like he was gona be the next elite player, and he was just steady in his first full season.. just a way of saying, lets not get ahead of ourselves

Garden Faithful
04-29-2012, 02:02 PM

So if he scores 5 goals next yer he's still the greatest. I'm not saying he is going to bust in fact I think he is going to be a great NHL player I'm just saying lets not anoint him as the next coming of the great one. I'm just as happy as everyone else that he is playing so well and I'm just hoping it continues.

bsi
04-29-2012, 05:22 PM
I like the kid, and he is gonna be a great player for us but there's no use putting extra pressure on him. He's gonna have ups and downs this playoffs, just remember he's new to the league and he's been put in a tough position coming out of college.

J4KOP99
04-29-2012, 07:31 PM
It was reported somewhere on twitter (maybe from melrose) that kreider got a ton of ***** on saturday night.

Immoknight
04-30-2012, 01:00 AM
So if he scores 5 goals next yer he's still the greatest. I'm not saying he is going to bust in fact I think he is going to be a great NHL player I'm just saying lets not anoint him as the next coming of the great one. I'm just as happy as everyone else that he is playing so well and I'm just hoping it continues.

My statement was a reflection of why it's alright to be excited despite the fact that people will say, 'Its only x amount of games'... that's it.

Immoknight
04-30-2012, 01:01 AM
It was reported somewhere on twitter (maybe from melrose) that kreider got a ton of ***** on saturday night.

Well earned. :)