PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Kobe Bryant Will Not Play Tonight, Kevin Durant Wins Scoring Title

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Per 710 ESPN Max&Mercellus show.

Mike Brown says Kobe Bryant will not suit up in the season finale @ Sacramento.

P-O-Z
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
good move

24/8
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Durant wins scoring titles.

Kobe wins championships.

:cool:

lakerboy
04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
My fantasy team is *****. I am 20 pts behind the league leader and today is the last day. *******************

Cal827
04-26-2012, 03:06 PM
:clap:

Sadds The Gr8
04-26-2012, 03:07 PM
People care about scoring titles? I swear it's only become relevant the past 2 days...

5ass
04-26-2012, 03:07 PM

Kobe wins championships.

This is just stupid and unnecessary, and anyway Durant has a better chance at winning the title this year than Kobe.

NoahH
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM
We all know Kobe wouldve probably put up 50 tonight too lol

NYK4L
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Wha wha whaaat!?

mdm692
04-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Interesting "what if" situation. What if kobe played tonight? Would he have dropped 40? 50? 100?

justinnum1
04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
eh

ChiSox219
04-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Congrats to KD :clap:

This is just stupid and unnecessary, and anyway Durant has a better chance at winning the title this year than Kobe.

what's funny is Kobe has taken about 30 shots more than KD in 8 fewer games, so even tho KD has take 3 less shots per game he's still the scoring champ.

basketfan4life
04-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Congrats to KD :clap:

what's funny is Kobe has taken about 30 shots more than KD in 8 fewer games, so even tho KD has take 3 less shots per game he's still the scoring champ.

Because Kobe allows it.

nycsports2
04-26-2012, 03:17 PM

Lebron wins nothing

Kobe wins championships.

fixed?? lol

no seriously though durant should get mvp imo... and if its not the knicks i hope kobe takes home #6

JordansBulls
04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Kevin Durant winning scoring title means he will get even more votes for MVP now.

nycsports2
04-26-2012, 03:19 PM

lol, negative

Longhornfan1234
04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Why do people call Kobe a chucker?

Field Goal Attempts per game (career):
Larry Bird- 19.3
Wilt Chamberlain- 22.5
LeBron James- 20.4
Michael Jordan- 22.9
Kobe Bryant- 19.6

Raph12
04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
You're welcome.

#kobesystem

RaiderLakersA's
04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't think the scoring title matters to anyone, except maybe Durant supporters and Kobe haters. It's not like the topic of who the scoring champ was in 19XX or 20XX ever comes up on this or any other board. We don't count scoring titles and say, "Yeah, that makes him a top 10 player of ALL time." If the NFL can do away with the Pro Bowl, then I say the NBA should do away with superficial stats and campy titles like this one.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Because Kobe allows it.

Like Raph said, that is the Kobe system.

Yanks All Day
04-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Kevin Durant winning scoring title means he will get even more votes for MVP now.

Probably not. LeBron has it on lock.

Lakers + Giants
04-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Congrats to KD, had kobe won the Scoring title KD's scoring would still have been more impressive anyways due to his efficiency.

3 scoring titles at the age of 23, That's impressive. Watch out Kareem, someone's coming for your All time scoring record!

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Why do people call Kobe a chucker?

Field Goal Attempts per game (career):
Larry Bird- 19.3
Wilt Chamberlain- 22.5
LeBron James- 20.4
Michael Jordan- 22.9
Kobe Bryant- 19.6

Career FG% of those players

Larry Bird- 49.6%
Wilt Chamberlain-54.0%
LeBron James- 48.3%
Michael Jordan- 49.7%
Kobe Bryant- 45.3%

Also if we consider the fact that Kobe's first two seasons were spent as a bench player and really not a focal point in his team's offense we can see why his FGA/G for his career would reflect such. Also in the case of Bird and Wilt we have to remember that they played in higher paced systems than those that came after so there were more shots to go around.

Law25
04-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Im pissed. Its probaly for the best though, Mike Brown said he wanted to use this game to gage the what he had to work with outside his regulars I guess Kobe agreed and deciding to put personal goals second. Sometimes I hate mature foward thinking Kobe, he takes the fun out of things sometimes.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-26-2012, 03:44 PM

Larry Bird- 49.6%
Wilt Chamberlain-54.0%
LeBron James- 48.3%
Michael Jordan- 49.7%
Kobe Bryant- 45.3%

Also if we consider the fact that Kobe's first two seasons were spent as a bench player and really not a focal point in his team's offense we can see why his FGA/G for his career would reflect such. Also in the case of Bird and Wilt we have to remember that they played in higher paced systems than those that came after so there were more shots to go around.

You cant compare Kobe's FG% with those bolded guys.

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 03:47 PM
You cant compare Kobe's FG% with those bolded guys.

Why because of the rule changes or the era? If so then can you even compare their FGAs?

jeter 2
04-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Jordan would play.

C-Style
04-26-2012, 03:54 PM

Larry Bird- 49.6%
Wilt Chamberlain-54.0%
LeBron James- 48.3%
Michael Jordan- 49.7%
Kobe Bryant- 45.3%

Also if we consider the fact that Kobe's first two seasons were spent as a bench player and really not a focal point in his team's offense we can see why his FGA/G for his career would reflect such.

well if WE consider the fact that Kobe's first two seasons were spent as a bench player. We should also note that without those yrs his FG is 46% and his stats rise to 28/6/5...stop cherry picking numbers to fit ur agenda

Chronz
04-26-2012, 03:57 PM

I hope they arent so foolish

Law25
04-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Larry Bird- 49.6%
Wilt Chamberlain-54.0%
LeBron James- 48.3%
Michael Jordan- 49.7%
Kobe Bryant- 45.3%

Kobe first two seasons
7.6pts on 417%
15.4pts on 428%

Yeah fast break layups that are easier shots and help the perentages :rolleyes:. Now on Kobe, If we were to focus only on the time he became a focal point on his team which would be his third, the year before Phil came, his points and feild goal percentage would go up. Oh and he road the bench because of the coach not lack of talent. Del Harris didnt like having a young fresh out of highschool player taking minutes from proven vets. West said Kobe was beasting everyone, and Byron Scott said No One could guard him in practice. Proof that Kobe was the Lakers best player at his position came his rookie year in the playoffs when they needed big shots against the Jazz they went to him, the rook.

ARMIN12NBA
04-26-2012, 04:00 PM
People care about scoring titles? I swear it's only become relevant the past 2 days...

Actually the scoring title has always been relevant. Remember Robinson and Shaq battled it out for the scoring title?

Law25
04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
well if WE consider the fact that Kobe's first two seasons were spent as a bench player. We should also note that without those yrs his FG is 46% and his stats rise to 28/6/5...stop cherry picking numbers to fit ur agenda

Damn beat me to it lol but :clap: none the less

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM

My agenda? Dude every single argument I make for Kobe (especially in cases against Jerry West) I make mention of the fact that his first two seasons were spent on the bench so comparing his career #s to certain guys may not be the best method. I have no idea what agenda and cherry-picking you're talking about. I'm putting it into perspective.

You make ludicrous assumptions based on nothing whatsoever and you're telling me I have an agenda? :laugh2:

Chronz
04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Actually the scoring title has always been relevant. Remember Robinson and Shaq battled it out for the scoring title?

Do you think they would have done that in the information age?

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Kobe first two seasons
7.6pts on 417%
15.4pts on 428%

What does this have to do with his FGA/G? He still didn't come into the league as a high volume shooter. If he was and he maintained such %s his career % would be even worst than it is now. So I'm :confused:

Yeah fast break layups that are easier shots and help the perentages :rolleyes:.

There is no direct correlation between pace and efficiency. And in cased you don't know I was actually stating that that one of the reasons as to why Bird and Wilt would have had so many attempts which is something that had nothing to do with Kobe.

Now on Kobe, If we were to focus only on the time he became a focal point on his team which would be his third, the year before Phil came, his points and feild goal percentage would go up. Oh and he road the bench because of the coach not lack of talent. Del Harris didnt like having a young fresh out of highschool player taking minutes from proven vets. West said Kobe was beasting everyone, and Byron Scott said No One could guard him in practice. Proof that Kobe was the Lakers best player at his position came his rookie year in the playoffs when they needed big shots against the Jazz they went to him, the rook.

Cool story not relative to the topic at hand in any way however.

Sssmush
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't put it past Kobe to release the false news story, so that Durant only bothers to score like 10 points, and then Kobe goes out and scores 18 points to win it.

Kobe could use Hardon tactics on Durant to win the scoring title, which will be cool because it will always carry a double asterisk, and 100 years from now old timers will still dispute who really should've won the scoring title in 2012.

29$JerZ
04-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Scoring championships really don't mean much.
Unless you have an agenda :p

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Why is it so hard for people to understand that Kobe is indeed a chucker? This is coming from one of PSDs biggest Allen Iverson fan boys so clearly I know a thing or two about chuckers. Kobe is better than A.I. in damn near every way offensively but anyone saying Kobe hasn't chucked isn't being honest with themselves.

5ass
04-26-2012, 04:11 PM

so if durant finished 0.0001 points per game less than Kobe he would get less MVP votes? If that really determines ur vote for MVP then u really shouldnt be voting. The race for the scoring title is just too close.

smith&wesson
04-26-2012, 04:12 PM
WHYYYY ?? :mad:

i was looking forward to kobe going off!!

amos1er
04-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Of course people will still call him selfish even though he cares more about being heathy so that his team can win more than he does about individual greatness like scoring titles.

Kobe does not cares more about winning than he does about MVP's and scoring titles. Lebron and Durant should take example.

amos1er
04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
so if durant finished 0.0001 points per game less than Kobe he would get less MVP votes? If that really determines ur vote for MVP then u really shouldnt be voting. The race for the scoring title is just too close.

The media is under intense pressure to give Lebron the MVP because of the special interests like Nike and Gatorade. No matter what Durant does, he will not beat out Lebron for MVP.

5ass
04-26-2012, 04:18 PM
The media is under intense pressure to give Lebron the MVP because of the special interests like Nike and Gatorade. No matter what Durant does, he will not beat out Lebron for MVP.

Haha Nike and Gatorade? Thats the best excuse ever. Lebron will win MVP because he's the best player on the planet, has had the best season out of any player in the NBA, and FULLY deserves it.

smith&wesson
04-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Why is it so hard for people to understand that Kobe is indeed a chucker? This is coming from one of PSDs biggest Allen Iverson fan boys so clearly I know a thing or two about chuckers. Kobe is better than A.I. in damn near every way offensively but anyone saying Kobe hasn't chucked isn't being honest with themselves.

he is also one of the most clultch performers of our time.

Baller1
04-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Hell yeah!

Sssmush
04-26-2012, 04:27 PM

If Kobe is a "chucker", as you say, then whatever a chucker is, we'd have to say there have only been like 3 of them in the history of the NBA.

Sadds The Gr8
04-26-2012, 04:27 PM

the past several years nobody has really cared. the last time I remember people caring was that year when Kobe, Lebron, AI all averaged 30+ each. nobody gave a crap about this thing until now.

aman_13
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Kobe is a chucker but his effeciency is respectable. Although it all depends on you look at his stats. Some people will bring up TS% to back him up.

Baller1
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
@dailythunder: RT @ThunderStats Michael Jordan was 25 when he won his 3rd scoring title. Durant is only 23.

@dailythunder: KD's also the youngest to win three scoring titles period. The only two players that have won four straight is Wilt and MJ.

@dailythunder: KD is the youngest player ever to win three straight. Only six players have ever won three consecutive. Only two have won four straight.

I'm biased, but this dude has the ability to become one of the greatest scorers of all time.

amos1er
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Haha Nike and Gatorade? Thats the best excuse ever. Lebron will win MVP because he's the best player on the planet, has had the best season out of any player in the NBA, and FULLY deserves it.

I would say that Tony Parker or Durant deserve it more.

Durant and Parker don't have the help of one top 5 player and one top 15 player and both have been the best player on their teams with BETTER RECORDS!!! The east is an easier conference and still Parker and Durant have led their teams to better records than the Heat.

Before, it was always about being the best player on the best team with having the least amount of help. Now the credentials change all of the sudden for Lebron? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Chronz
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Nike and Gatorade control the MVP now? So thats why MJ leads history in MVP's

Bruno
04-26-2012, 04:32 PM
just remember, all kobe had to do was sit out vs SA and OKC, and he would have won this. he came back early from injury to help his team win against the wests top two teams, with playoff positioning on the line.

scoring title is a bit of a scam in my book. if kobe came in and dropped 38 tonight on Sacramento, he would have passed durant by fractions of a point. pretty petty and meaningless. meanwhile, Durant scored over a hundred more points for the season, since Kobe missed games. Scoring title should go to the guy who dropped the most points, not the guy with the highest average, IMO. Durant is the guy this season, regardless. congrats to KD, class act and this generations greatest scorer. not to mention efficient.

Swashcuff
If Kobe is a "chucker", as you say, then whatever a chucker is, we'd have to say there have only been like 3 of them in the history of the NBA.

Okay

he is also one of the most clultch performers of our time.

And this correlates with chucking how?

Chronz
For the record scoring titles are COMPLETELY irrelevant, they are an amateurs attempt at statistical analysis.

29$JerZ
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
For the record scoring titles are COMPLETELY irrelevant, they are an amateurs attempt at statistical analysis.

Scoring the most points in a season sounds cool.

Bruno
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm biased, but this dude has the ability to become one of the greatest scorers of all time.

He will be for sure. He will retire top five-seven in total points, baring injury. He could finish even higher, depending on how well he continues to ball into his thirties.

amos1er
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Nike and Gatorade control the MVP now? So thats why MJ leads history in MVP's

No, MJ was able to close out and win games on his own. He did not need lobying help from Nike and Gatorade to win his MVP's.

Its because Lebron cannot get the job done that the media must step in and give him MVP's, because other than those, he would have nothing on his resume.

Thats why they are changing the rules for him this year. It was supposedly the best player on the best team who had the least help from their supporting casts. Now both Parker and Durant have better cases than him based on the criteria yet the media is still riding Lebron's dick. Only when there is large $$$ involved can people be such hypocrites.

YoungOne
04-26-2012, 04:43 PM
breaking news?

FarOutIos
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
breaking news?

Yeah... I could have told you that last night, when he was out at a club here in sacramento drinking until the wee hours of the morning...

Chronz
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
No, MJ was able to close out and win games on his own. He did not need lobying help from Nike and Gatorade to win his MVP's.

Its because Lebron cannot get the job done that the media must step in and give him MVP's, because other than those, he would have nothing on his resume.

Thats why they are changing the rules for him this year. It was supposedly the best player on the best team who had the least help from their supporting casts. Now both Parker and Durant have better cases than him based on the criteria yet the media is still riding Lebron's dick. Only when there is large $$$ involved can people be such hypocrites.
I was being sarcastic, MJ DOESNT have the most MVP's. So why then wouldnt the Nike/Gatorade pressure overcome all that given everything you just said about MJ? That pressure didnt seem to matter when it came to the best player in the history of the game, but somehow its overpowering for the guy your downplaying? Plz, everyone wishes they could vote for someone other than LeBron, but nobody stepped up to claim the throne.

As for the rest of your post. They didnt change a thing, I dont believe you KNOW the criteria any better than anyone else.

TP doesnt have a case compared to Durant/Bron.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Why because of the rule changes or the era? If so then can you even compare their FGAs?

The game was different back then, you cant really know how kobe would have performed in 70s or 80s:shrug:

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 04:58 PM

I like KD, but please don't compare KD the scorer to MJ the scorer. MJ won his scoring titles averaging way over 30 plus PPG. I think his lowest scoring title was his last one in 98, when he averaged 28.7 PPG.

BKLYNpigeon
04-26-2012, 04:59 PM
scoring titles are worthless.

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 05:00 PM
The game was different back then, you cant really know how kobe would have performed in 70s or 80s:shrug:

You're right.. the foul rate was lower so more misses were considered just that instead of being called ticky tacky fouls (so LeBron's, Kobe's, Wade's etc FGAs could actually go up). I also wasn't the person to start the discussion. The other poster was so me making mention of Wilt, Bird and Jordan was relative to what he said. Your gripe shouldn't in that case be with what I said but rather with what he did.

ThunderousDemon
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Troy Murphy will be starting tonight at the two guard in place of Kobe.

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
I like KD, but please don't compare KD the scorer to MJ the scorer. MJ won his scoring titles averaging way over 30 plus PPG. I think his lowest scoring title was his last one in 98, when he averaged 28.7 PPG.

KD was the first played since Michael Jordan to average 30 ppg on a TS% of 60 or greater. I think in terms if #s comparing KD to MJ is quite fair. In terms of offensive scoring ability he still has some ways to go.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 05:06 PM
KD was the first played since Michael Jordan to average 30 ppg on a TS% of 60 or greater. I think in terms if #s comparing KD to MJ is quite fair. In terms of offensive scoring ability he still has some ways to go.

That's what I meant, the offensive scoring ability part.

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
That's what I meant, the offensive scoring ability part.

O well I saw you mentioning stats so I thought that is what you meant, my bad.

lakers24win
04-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, Kobe still has more scoring titles than LeBron...;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Well, congrats to KD, now on to the playoffs!

bballswishanet
04-26-2012, 05:24 PM
A player in his 16TH SEASON was LESS than ONE PPG away from winning the scoring title...

With a major injury, a concussion, a broken nose, with a brand new coach, a brand new system, and having two close teammates traded away(one being the current 6th man of the year)... Kobe just keeps adding to his resume, in his 16th season!

16th season! Less than a PPG, while still averaging 5 rebound and 5 assists!

LEGEND!

smith&wesson
04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Okay

And this correlates with chucking how?

it doesnt i just didnt like what you said so i had to say something :laugh2:

todu82
04-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Congrats to Durant on his honour. Also: RE: Bryant: The guy continues to be a great player, easily a top 10-15 player of all-time.

Iron24th
04-26-2012, 06:29 PM
a player in his 16th season was less than one ppg away from winning the scoring title...

With a major injury, a concussion, a broken nose, with a brand new coach, a brand new system, and having two close teammates traded away(one being the current 6th man of the year)... Kobe just keeps adding to his resume, in his 16th season!

16th season! Less than a ppg, while still averaging 5 rebound and 5 assists!

Legend!

+1

chi-townlove1
04-26-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't think the scoring title matters to anyone, except maybe Durant supporters and Kobe haters. It's not like the topic of who the scoring champ was in 19XX or 20XX ever comes up on this or any other board. We don't count scoring titles and say, "Yeah, that makes him a top 10 player of ALL time." If the NFL can do away with the Pro Bowl, then I say the NBA should do away with superficial stats and campy titles like this one.

Coming from a la fan. If Kobe won your response would have been congrats Kobe hell of a year... Eh I can't stand homers. Not just you, so many here just wish people were willing to appreciate the record and award because if it were their own player then they would be ecstatic.

The Final Boss
04-26-2012, 06:37 PM
How is this breaking news if this was mentioned earlier in the week?

dh144498
04-26-2012, 06:51 PM

Larry Bird- 49.6%
Wilt Chamberlain-54.0%
LeBron James- 48.3%
Michael Jordan- 49.7%
Kobe Bryant- 45.3%

why would FG% determine whether someone's a chucker or not?:confused:

lakersfan01
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Durant deserved it anyways since he takes 4 less shots a game and is WAY more efficient. However, after all the ball hogging and volume shot hoisting, Kobe should've went out and tried to win the scoring title that he has been obsessed with all season long. 43% fgs, 30% 3pointers, 23 fg attempts/game, and almost 4 turnovers/game... all for not. I guess he *****ed out because he doesn't feel he can drop 38 points on the Kings.

Durant>Bryant

shep33
04-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Smart move by Kobe. No need to risk injury

lakersfan01
04-26-2012, 07:22 PM
A player in his 16TH SEASON was LESS than ONE PPG away from winning the scoring title...

16th season! Less than a PPG, while still averaging 5 rebound and 5 assists!

LEGEND!

He's lost numerous games this season due to extreme volume misses and turnovers. It's quite pathetic that he couldn't win the scoring title taking 4 more fg attempts per game than Durant. Then he didn't even have the balls to go out tonight and try to drop 38. Booooo.

Kobe Bryant 27.9 ppg, 43.0% fgs, 30.3% 3pointers.
Kevin Durant 28.0 ppg, 49.6% fgs, 38.7% 3pointers.

Durant>Bryant

shep33
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
He's lost numerous games this season due to extreme volume misses and turnovers. It's quite pathetic that he couldn't win the scoring title taking 4 more fg attempts per game than Durant. Then he didn't even have the balls to go out tonight and try to drop 38. Booooo.

Durant>Bryant

Meh, to be fair he's also won us a lot more games than he's lost us. I mean Pau, Bynum, and our bench have lost us games too.

I'm not disagreeing with you though, I think KD > Kobe at this point offensively, no question.

bluefire7002
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM

Durant>Bryant

WTH??
cost numerous games... yea but won the lakers enough games to where they ended up in 3rd place in the west with HC in the first round under a new (and rather ****** coach), new system, new players (dont forget the worst bench that I can remember the lakers having).
I thought he was just being smart about it and would rather have a whole week off entering the playoffs, but your right he probably just didn't have the "balls" to go up and torch the championship team of the kings :o

Jenceman
04-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Funny how almost no one will talk about Durant gunning for the scoring title, yet won't call him selfish.

Hypocrites.

lakersfan01
04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Funny how almost no one will talk about Durant gunning for the scoring title, yet won't call him selfish.

Hypocrites.

Durant took 4 less shots per game than Kobe, and was much more efficient than Kobe.

43.0% taking 23 shots a game = "gunner"
49.6% taking 17 shots a game = MVP and probably should take more shots at that EFFICIENT %... I know that term is foreign to Kobeme.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 07:57 PM

Durant took 4 less shots per game than Kobe, and was much more efficient than Kobe.

43.0% taking 23 shots a game = "gunner"
49.6% taking 17 shots a game = MVP and probably should take more shots at that EFFICIENT %... I know that term is foreign to Kobeme.

That's not what he means.

The point he's trying to make is that Durant played the last 2 games when OKC wasn't playing for anything. The Spurs locked up the West's #1 seed on Monday, but yet Durant still felt the need to extend his scoring lead and play meaningless games Tuesday against Sacramento and Wednesday against Denver.

poleandreel
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM

The point he's trying to make is that Durant played the last 2 games when OKC wasn't playing for anything. The Spurs locked up the West's #1 seed on Monday, but yet Durant still felt the need to extend his scoring lead and play meaningless games Tuesday against Sacramento and Wednesday against Denver.

Their last game was against Denver.If they beat Denver then it would have pushed Dallas up to the 6th seed and wouldn't have to face OKC in the first round.

Last year OKC handled Denver in 5 games and wanted to do it again - as opposed to playing defending champion Dallas. It was said numerous times during the game as well. So they did have somethingto play for.

Also, Durant had 20 points at half time of the game before they played Denver and only took a hand full of shots in the 2nd half and even sat out most of the 4th.

I don't think he was gunning for anything.

willabeast77
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM

The Thunder still wanted to win more games against Miami (if they meet in the Finals, they'd have homecourt) but in a way Durant playing their last game, backfired on them since they lost the game. The Thunder probably would rather face the Mavs than Nuggets anyway.

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2012, 08:39 PM
When a guy wins the scoring title it just means that his team depends on him too much to score. Usually implies a lack of depth. Usually means you aren't going to win it all, with Jordan being an exception to the rule. Generally speaking, when Jordan's name is not involved, the scoring champion of a given season fails to win a ring in the same year.

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2012, 08:40 PM

Durant>Bryant

You raise an excellent point.

poleandreel
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
When a guy wins the scoring title it just means that his team depends on him too much to score. Usually implies a lack of depth. Usually means you aren't going to win it all, with Jordan being an exception to the rule. Generally speaking, when Jordan's name is not involved, the scoring champion of a given season fails to win a ring in the same year.

Lebron was 1point away from winning it in both years. Does that mean Miami won't win bc they depend on Lebron too much?

But I thought he has the most help in the league?

Not kobe who has a top 2 center and a top 3 pf on his team. No to mention a PG who is better than Chalmers..

tredigs
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM

Hypocrites.

Heat are a title contender. Thunder are a title contender. They had identical records. The Thunder trying to win mattered. Unfortunately for them with no Harden they still couldn't edge out the win.

Your lack of NBA knowledge knows no bounds.