PDA

View Full Version : Now that the seaons coming to a close, your thoughs on theses rooks

NYtilIdie
04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Here are some of the most talked about rookies this year and I wanted to get your guys opinions on them now that they've played a season.

Norris Cole

Brandon Knight

Kyrie Irving

Ricky Rubio

Jimmer Fredette

Kemba Walker

Iman Shumpert

Klay Thompson

Marshon Brooks

Kenneth Faried

kdspurman
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Here are some of the most talked about rookies this year and I wanted to get your guys opinions on them now that they've played a season.

Norris Cole

Brandon Knight

Kyrie Irving

Ricky Rubio

Jimmer Fredette

Kemba Walker

Iman Shumpert

Klay Thompson

Marshon Brooks

Kenneth Faried

No love for Kawhi Leonard?

NoahH
04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Norris Cole - Norris Cole is an out of control chucker who hasn't had a string of good games in months. He's overrated and makes mistake after mistake.

Brandon Knight - Quietly put together a decent rookie season. He could get a couple more assists and shoot a little better, but that'll come in time.

Kyrie Irving - Undisputed Rookie of the Year. Great season.

Ricky Rubio - Its a shame he got injured because he was something else to watch. I'm excited to see him next year.

Jimmer Fredette - Adam Morrison type player. Great college player, ****** in the pros. He can't shoot to save his life. Everyone thought he was gonna average 20ppg or something this year SMH

Kemba Walker - Well he played on Charlotte. Not as great as I thought he'd be.

Iman Shumpert - After all of the Iman dick riding, he's actually a decent player and a great defender.

Klay Thompson - Personally I think if he started the entire season he'd be Rookie of the Year. He started off slow, but that was behind Monta and Curry. Now he's averaging like 21ppg as a starter and shooting lights out from three.

Marshon Brooks - He started strong, but he's inconsistent. I don't think he's the 'next Kobe' like people have said, but I think he could be a Kevin Martin type scorer.

Kenneth Faried - I love Faried. He's got a good attitude, works hard and has a winning personality. I think we'll see an All Star appearance or two in his future.

CaptainClutch
04-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Norris Cole - Norris Cole is an out of control chucker who hasn't had a string of good games in months. He's overrated and makes mistake after mistake.

Brandon Knight - Quietly put together a decent rookie season. He could get a couple more assists and shoot a little better, but that'll come in time.

Kyrie Irving - Undisputed Rookie of the Year. Great season.

Ricky Rubio - Its a shame he got injured because he was something else to watch. I'm excited to see him next year.

Jimmer Fredette - Adam Morrison type player. Great college player, ****** in the pros. He can't shoot to save his life. Everyone thought he was gonna average 20ppg or something this year SMH

Kemba Walker - Well he played on Charlotte. Not as great as I thought he'd be.

Iman Shumpert - After all of the Iman dick riding, he's actually a decent player and a great defender.

Klay Thompson - Personally I think if he started the entire season he'd be Rookie of the Year. He started off slow, but that was behind Monta and Curry. Now he's averaging like 21ppg as a starter and shooting lights out from three.

Marshon Brooks - He started strong, but he's inconsistent. I don't think he's the 'next Kobe' like people have said, but I think he could be a Kevin Martin type scorer.

Kenneth Faried - I love Faried. He's got a good attitude, works hard and has a winning personality. I think we'll see an All Star appearance or two in his future.

Coming from a Nets fan, Marshon was the best at creating his own shot. He'd be hot one moment and ice cold another....inconsistency

sep11ie
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
No love for Parsons?

Vincent
04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Norris Cole - wasn't that impressed with him at the beginning of the season when Miami fans were touting him, and am not that down on him now that he's seemingly lost minutes in the rotation. He's just kind of a nice change of pace point guard on a team that doesn't really have much time to develop him.

Brandon Knight - Streaky player, but has potential to become a very good scorer in the league. Would like to see him create more, but Rodney Stuckey seems to create a lot of opportunities on that team (along with very good post play from Greg Monroe). Could be an awesome tandem with Monroe.

Kyrie Irving - Awesome. Efficient and clutch. Big time player. Could eventually be an All-Star fixture (if Deron goes West).

Ricky Rubio - Fun and exciting player to watch. Needs to develop a stronger frame and better jumper. Surprised by his defense and his abilities translating well to the NBA game. Plays with incredible pace.

Jimmer Fredette - Didn't really like him coming out of college, don't really like him now. Gets pushed around too much at both positions (PG, SG). Not fast enough to get consistent separation. Not that good of a passer to be a decoy. Not a fan.

Kemba Walker - Didn't think he was that good. Needs to become a better 3 point shooter to set up his drives. Not a good passer, but realistically doesn't have many people to pass to.

Iman Shumpert - Star potential. Very good instincts defensively, incredible athleticism on offense. Has all the tools to score, but doesn't possess good passing skills. Needs to stay the hell away from JR Smith.

Klay Thompson - Nice stroke. Slow footed on defense. Good size, but an average athlete. With the lack of young SG, Klay is going to be consider one of the top young SG for a while.

Marshon Brooks - I liked him coming out of college, thought he was going to be a great scorer. Needs the ball too much, but can do a variety of things that I didn't know he could do without the ball. Good potential to be a fringe All-Star.

Kenneth Faried - Explosive athlete. Tough situation for him in Denver with so much depth. Like his motor, but needs to develop more touch.

bucketss
04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
you forgot isiah thomas

DerekRE_3
04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Isaiah Thomas criminally left out of a discussion. Shocker.

As a starter:
15 PPG 5.3 APG 3.2 RPG 2.0 TO 47% FG 40% 3PT 84% FT 31.7 MPG

In April he's averaging just 1.4 turnovers per game in 33 minutes per game. That's crazy good for a rookie point guard.

Gibby23
04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Isaiah Thomas criminally left out of a discussion. Shocker.

How do the Kings have good rookies every year and still suck?

Vincent
04-26-2012, 12:26 PM
This thread was about the OP's listed "most talked about Rookies."

Not underrated rookies that had a good season.

AWC713
04-26-2012, 12:27 PM
no parsons, no thomas. no lenard.

why is jimmer on this list? he's grabage in the NBA. and who give a flying #### about norris cole. seriosly. outside of one or two games, why is he on this list?

DerekRE_3
04-26-2012, 12:28 PM
How do the Kings have good rookies every year and still suck?

Lack of basketball intelligence, defense and consistent execution. You have a problem when your smartest and most fundamentally sound player is a 60th pick rookie.

Tyreke has been a major disappointment since his rookie year too. In my mind he's the fourth best player on the team, behind Cousins, Thornton, and Isaiah.

DerekRE_3
04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
This thread was about the OP's listed "most talked about Rookies."

Not underrated rookies that had a good season.

Pretty sure the second best rookie in the class should be listed regardless of if he's underrated or not.

Gibby23
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Lack of basketball intelligence, defense and consistent execution. You have a problem when your smartest and most fundamentally sound player is a 60th pick rookie.

Tyreke has been a major disappointment since his rookie year too. In my mind he's the fourth best player on the team, behind Cousins, Thornton, and Isaiah.

Isaiah Thomas was a steal but the Kings messed up with the 1st round pick. Should have went SF and drafted Lenard. That would have been a defensive minded SF who worked on his shooting.

DerekRE_3
04-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Isaiah Thomas was a steal but the Kings messed up with the 1st round pick. Should have went SF and drafted Lenard. That would have been a defensive minded SF who worked on his shooting.

100% agree. I wanted Leonard, but I don't run the draft. Isaiah eases the pain of that pick at least. I will give Jimmer this, he has improved quietly as the season has gone on. But I think he was an ownership pick.

Stinkyoutsider
04-26-2012, 01:01 PM
No Biyombo? I knew he was a raw talent but I thought he would at least do some damage on the boards and in the defense of the paint?

I think all of the rookies on the list have done great this year because there was no offseason program due to the lockout. I think it'll be great to see how far they come at the beginning of next season after they put an entire offseason under their belt.