PDA

View Full Version : Reevaluate the 2011 Draft

29$JerZ
04-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Now that we have a whole season to base their performances off of how do you rank this draft class? Coming in to the draft I heard this was an underwhelming draft with little to no star prospects. A weak draft. Have your minds changed?

Also how would the Top 10 picks be selected knowing what we know now? Would it remain the same?

mdm692
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Does anybody think markieff morris and kenneth farried would be top 10 picks??

29$JerZ
04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Shumpert, Faried, Isiah, Parsons, Morris, Klay, Brooks, Leonard all were drafted after 10

bucketss
04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
since valanciaunas contract buyout thing wasnt serious i guess the cavs would have taken him 4th

sharqstealth
04-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Sac got a steal in Isiah considering he was selected last overall

Cal827
04-26-2012, 11:24 AM
3, 4, 6, and 10 would all be drafted later (Kanter, Thompson, Vesely, and Fredette). JV (Raptors) pick is TBD (he's done very well in Europe but we will see next year if he can do the same here). I think if the draft were done again, Faried would be drafted in the top 10 (possibly 4th as he's a PF too), Shumpert would definitely replace Fredette (with that defense lol)... also consider that Marshon Brooks has done pretty well for himself too. Thomas would probably go in the top 20.

This draft was better than I expected though. I still think Derrick Williams will be a decent player... they just need to rid themselves of Beasley lol

pebloemer
04-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll give it a go. Definitely seems like a stronger draft than advertised.

1. Kyrie Irving
2. Jonas Valanciunas
3. Derrick Williams
4. Kenneth Faried
5. Brandon Knight
6. Enes Kanter
7. Iman Shumpert
8. Bismack Biyombo
9. Tristan Thompson
10. Klay Thompson

It is really tough to redo the draft because I haven't seen all of them play too much, and some have gotten more opportunity than others, but I do think players like Faried and Shumpert slipped way too far.

dhopisthename
04-26-2012, 11:47 AM
1 year really isn't enough time to reevaluate a draft. some players just take longer to adjust then others

NoahH
04-26-2012, 12:09 PM

1. Kyrie Irving
2. Jonas Valanciunas
3. Derrick Williams
4. Kenneth Faried
5. Brandon Knight
6. Enes Kanter
7. Iman Shumpert
8. Bismack Biyombo
9. Tristan Thompson
10. Klay Thompson

It is really tough to redo the draft because I haven't seen all of them play too much, and some have gotten more opportunity than others, but I do think players like Faried and Shumpert slipped way too far.

Klay should be higher. He's having a phenomenal season (as a starter)

pebloemer
04-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Klay should be higher. He's having a phenomenal season (as a starter)

Hard to evaluate him because I haven't actually seen him play. I noticed his point totals have been excellent since Ellis left. But it is hard for me to place him. Especially since a bunch of the pre-existing Top 10 picks haven't had quite the opportunity to show what they can do (ie. Kanter, Val, DWill).

I also don't know how he is defensively. I wouldn't argue with anyone who would put him above Bismack, Tristan or Shumpert, but I certainly wouldn't see him drafted higher than the names above them on my list due to upside

Becks2307
04-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Jimmer Fredette was a horrible pick, he is not going to get much better either. He is actually not shooting well at all

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/jimmer-fredette-rookie-season_n_1412787.html

Vincent
04-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Hard to evaluate, because a lot of teams are drafting at need rather than talent.

TheHighLife
04-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Isaiah Thomas would go 1st. The rest of the draft would be canceled.

spreadeagle
04-26-2012, 02:44 PM
If the Cavs would have taken Valanciunas at 4 they would be sick next year......TT is a nice player but they would have had a great PG in Irving a great C in Valanciunas and a top 5 pick this year.

spreadeagle
04-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Isaiah Thomas would go 1st. The rest of the draft would be canceled.

bahahahaha this sounds like a Shumpert Knicks comment

TheHighLife
04-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Jimmer Fredette was a horrible pick, he is not going to get much better either. He is actually not shooting well at all

He was taken for marketing purposes only. This is a business.

spreadeagle
04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
He was taken for marketing purposes only. This is a business.

Well good luck marketing a guy who may be in the D league in 2 yrs

JLynn943
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM

1. Kyrie Irving
2. Jonas Valanciunas
3. Derrick Williams
4. Kenneth Faried
5. Brandon Knight
6. Enes Kanter
7. Iman Shumpert
8. Bismack Biyombo
9. Tristan Thompson
10. Klay Thompson

No Isaiah Thomas? I know I'm biased, but I think he'd easily be a top 10 pick.

blastmasta26
04-27-2012, 12:03 AM
I never saw this draft as weak overall, but it was weak in superstar potential. I really only see Kyrie achieving stardom although I don't know much about Valanciunas. The draft is very deep in role players though, with Faried, Shumpert, Brooks, Biyombo etc. The upcoming draft might end up being similar.

CityofChaos
04-27-2012, 03:47 AM
Klay Thompson was playing well even before Ellis was traded so hes definetly the real deal IMO

DenButsu
04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm really happy with what the Nuggs did w/ low 1st rounders. There seems to be pretty widespread agreement that Faried was the steal of the draft. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that Jordan Hamilton will be in the MIP conversation next season. He hasn't had too many chances yet, and his game's still pretty raw, but he's got range, and he's already a great rebounder for a guard. I think his ceiling is pretty high, but it'll take him a while to get there.