PDA

View Full Version : Top Jersey Sales - Rose #1, Lin #2, Kobe #3, Lebron #4, Melo #5

uptown0364
04-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Linsanity #2

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/reigning-mvp-derrick-rose-and-chicago-bulls-top-nba-most-popular-jersey-list-and-team-merchandi

JordansBulls
04-26-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/reigning-mvp-derrick-rose-and-chicago-bulls-top-nba-most-popular-jersey-list-and-team-merchandi

Rose, who climbed from No. 5 last year to No. 1 on the jersey list for the first time in his career, helped the Bulls reclaim the top overall spot in team merchandise sales for the first time since April 2001.

At No. 2 on the list is New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin, whose breakout season also propelled him to the most popular jersey spot for February and March. Rounding out the top five are Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant (No. 3), Miami Heat’s LeBron James (No. 4) and the Knicks’ Carmelo Anthony (No. 5). Since 2001, Bryant has claimed the No. 1 position six times and James has held it twice.

Rose #1 in jersey sales means people know who he is and that the Bulls are a big draw as well.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Not surprised.

He's one of the quietest stars in the league, which in turn leads to people liking him more. There's nothing people can hate him on compared to others who will get crucified if they say the smallest of things.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-26-2012, 08:43 AM
The last time the Clippers featured two players was in April 2002 with Darius Miles (No. 7) and Lamar Odom (No. 8).

Darius Miles having the 7th most jersey sales in 2002. :laugh2:

BullsFan_1
04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Not surprised.

He's one of the quietest stars in the league, which in turn leads to people liking him more. There's nothing people can hate him on compared to others who will get crucified if they say the smallest of things.

How often do you visit the NBA forum?

cheaptrikz
04-26-2012, 09:09 AM
:clap: for rose, surprised at Lin at 2 but he did get extremely popular

Becks2307
04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm surprised durant isn't anywhere in the top 5

LongIslandIcedZ
04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Derek Rose gets criticized because of Bulls fans. Its the penalty of having a large passionate fan base. Very rarely is Rose criticized for anything he says. He has that attitude that fans love, and he probably wouldn't be criticized at all if he played in a small market. Lin is the same way, although nowhere near Rose's talent.

bbcmillionaire
04-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Lmao man I was in 7th grade in 2002 and I wanted a miles jersey, but I got my odom jersey in 2003 :D

torocan
04-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Linsanity #2

The article says it's based on sales from April 2011 to present.

So over 12 months of sales and Rose is #1 and Kobe is #3?

Meanwhile Feb/March/April and Linsanity is #2?

That would mean that Linsanity was selling over 4x faster than Kobe.

Unreal...

Law25
04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Durant not being in the top 5 is surprising. The kid is already so accomplished yull think fans will notice and give him some support, or that he'll attract more to his fan base.

Durant
07/08 Rookie of the year
2x scoring Champion
2x First Team all NBA
Allstar MVP
Gold medal for the FIBA World Championship

I guess not enough flash....

Law25
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Its amazing Kobe in his 16th year is still top 3 in jersey sells and would be 2nd if it wasnt for damn Linsanity lol. BSPN ranking him 7th was soooo disrespectful :facepalm:

Raps08-09 Champ
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
How often do you visit the NBA forum?

He doesn't get criticized as much from other fan base.

You just like to victimize him.

oak2455
04-26-2012, 09:57 AM
:clap: for rose, surprised at Lin at 2 but he did get extremely popular

Did you see the fan base when he was playing ??

CB29
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
well melo, kobe and lebron have been superstars for a while so their jerseys wouldn't sell as much since people have already had em... rose has elevated in the last year and linsanity did too... Surprised Melo is 5 since he changed to NY only last year... thought he would be ahead of kobe and lebron...

sp1derm00
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Durant not being in the top 5 is surprising. The kid is already so accomplished yull think fans will notice and give him some support, or that he'll attract more to his fan base.

Durant
07/08 Rookie of the year
2x scoring Champion
2x First Team all NBA
Allstar MVP
Gold medal for the FIBA World Championship

I guess not enough flash....

I think it also has to do with his team being the Thunder. Their jerseys are also ugly as hell imo.

looka09
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Did you see the fan base when he was playing ??

Hey man,who`s the girl in the sig ??

Law25
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
I think it also has to do with his team being the Thunder. Their jerseys are also ugly as hell imo.

Yea yea I agree but being the player he is you would think his fans would try and make it stlyish. I mean I would never one but I thought his fan base would.

Law25
04-26-2012, 10:25 AM
well melo, kobe and lebron have been superstars for a while so their jerseys wouldn't sell as much since people have already had em... rose has elevated in the last year and linsanity did too... Surprised Melo is 5 since he changed to NY only last year... thought he would be ahead of kobe and lebron...

That video in your sig was to funny. Me and my boy made like fifty senario's with her talking on the phone before the big fall

mdm692
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
The article says it's based on sales from April 2011 to present.

So over 12 months of sales and Rose is #1 and Kobe is #3?

Meanwhile Feb/March/April and Linsanity is #2?

That would mean that Linsanity was selling over 4x faster than Kobe.

Unreal...

one word: china

mdm692
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM

yes it does when i bought my last jersey it was between kd and rose when i saw the kd jersey i was like yuck!!!

LakersIn5
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
im really surprised that kobe is still up there. how many people are there in the world? it seems like the world doesnt lose people who buys kobes jersey.

northsid3r
04-26-2012, 11:09 AM

YUP, Durant or Westbrook in a SuperSonic jersey would be top 5.

Big Zo
04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm surprised durant isn't anywhere in the top 5

I'm not. The Thunder have hideous uniforms.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Lin is second, Durant is 8th. #bigmarketteams

lakerboy
04-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Lin is going to be up there for a while, rest assured.

Next year, he is going to take Rose's all star spot

bballswishanet
04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
in his 16TH SEASON, Kobe STILL has a Top 3 selling jersey...

Only two other players have sold more jerseys than Kobe this season.

16th season and still an All NBA first team, and still making the Lakers and the league so much money...

Both off and on the court, still a legend.

in his 16th season!

:clap: :clap:

keeps adding to his resume! even in his 16th season with all the injuries and changes to his team...

:clap:

Punk
04-26-2012, 11:42 PM

Rose #1 in jersey sales means people know who he is and that the Bulls are a big draw as well.
The Jersey sale numbers are from worldwide stats. So, including America/Canada.

I'd hope hope they know who he is over here lol.

THE MTL
04-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Jeremy Lin sold all his jerseys from Feb to April and had #2 best selling jersey. #linsanity

eibbor
04-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Cool, proof that the average NBA fan is like 12 years old lol

Sergio1984
04-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Lin is going to be up there for a while, rest assured.

Next year, he is going to take Rose's all star spot

That was well worth my laughter. A bench player taking a starting player's All Star gig is just hilarious. If Lin is lucky he will be a reserve and that's if he's lucky.

Back on topic though that's awesome for Rose. He will surely be in the top 1-3 for a long time.

BirdIsTheWord
04-27-2012, 03:52 AM
That was well worth my laughter. A bench player taking a starting player's All Star gig is just hilarious. If Lin is lucky he will be a reserve and that's if he's lucky.

Back on topic though that's awesome for Rose. He will surely be in the top 1-3 for a long time.

Don't underestimate China. Yi Jianlian was almost starting.

AKAYaReal
04-27-2012, 12:24 PM
It really is crazy how Lin went from the D league to the 2nd best selling jersey in a matter of months and probably the best selling since the season started.

When the NBA markets you, they sure market you.

torocan
04-27-2012, 01:18 PM

If you think Lin will be lucky to be a reserve bench player, I think you're underestimating not only his play, but his mass market appeal.

If he plays at even an average Starting PG level (top 15-20), his vote count is going to be ridiculous.

Barring a complete melt down next season, you can expect he'll be on the All Star roster.

Here's a few stats to put it in perspective...

Jeremy Lin's Facebook ... 1.7 MILLION followers
Jeremy Lin's Twitter ... 729,384 followers
Jeremy Lin's Weibo ... 2.7 MILLION followers

Derrick Rose Facebook ... 5m followers
Derrick Rose Twitter ... 12,303 followers

Kobe Bryant Facebook ... 12m followers
Kobe Bryant Twitter ... 105,000 followers

Dwyane Wade Facebook ... 5.3m followers
Dwyane Wade Twitter ... 3,051,694

Someone will get bumped from the All Star roster. Only question in my mind is who is going to get bumped for Lin. It probably won't be the starting 5, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the 2nd tier stars ends up bumped. Votes aren't always about statistics.