PDA

View Full Version : NBA should be embarrassed

MattS
04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
I know it is a condensed season and as a fan I love having games more frequently this year....

However, the number of teams sitting players/ shutting them down whether it is to make it tougher to win games for a better shot in the lottery or to rest players with the playoffs coming up... certainly not fair to the fans...

I hate Boston, but it certainly wasnt fair for fans up there to go to the game the other night, probably drop a huge amount of $$ for a ticket to see the Heat and not g et to see Bosh ( hamstring ) or Wade & LeBron ( rest ) play.

And how about the Bobcats tonight... their season was terrible and those fans maybe wanted to see the Knicks, and in all likely hood the Knicks will propbably play no one.

Look at any other game tonight, and the starting lineups or minutes played among teams starters.... they are going to be missing or playing very very few minutes.... not exactly fair to the fan.. David Stern should be embarrassed.

MagicHero3
04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
condensed season due to the lockout, stuff like this wont happen again. too many back-to-backs, they want their best players to have energy for the playoffs

king4day
04-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Fans should be smart enough to understand they may miss out on stars at this time of year.

I think the Knicks will play their guys a bit cuz they still need to improve their chemistry.

Also, I'm sure all Bobcats fans would be thrilled knowing they'd actually have a chance to win if the Knicks don't play their stars.

CunninghamJrIII
04-26-2012, 09:30 AM
s.... not exactly fair to the fan.. David Stern should be embarrassed.

is Stern supposed to force teams to play certain players or something?
I don't see how he is at fault or why he should be embarrassed.

spl3nda
04-26-2012, 09:38 AM
How could you blame a team such as the Knicks for benching stars on the final game of a season against a team who has won 7 games? Do you think it's the coaches job and the players job to make the Charlotte Bobcats fans happy or fans of opposing teams happy, or to put themselves in the best possible condition for games that actually matter two days afterward? I don't seem how it's embarrassing, it's an obvious decision to make when the game is nearly meaningless.

ezenit2winit
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
This is the dumbest thread ever!

cdnsportsfan
04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
I think in every sport you see teams sit their starters when the playoffs are assured in the final few games to make sure they don't suffer an injury. Happens a lot in football in the final week, happens in hockey as well. It's smart, not ripping off the fans.

As for the losses to improve draft position, despite the fact that - regardless of method (lottery or pure rankings) - teams will always play the game to land the best possible draft pick suited to their situation, J.A. Adande tweeted something last night that puts things into perspective for this season anyways:

@jadande: A "tanking" take: you can't compromise the integrity of games that had none to begin with. Cramming 66 games in was about $, not integrity

kobemelo
04-26-2012, 02:20 PM
This is the dumbest thread ever!

This, it more or less happens every year come April lol