PDA

View Full Version : So where does Nash end up?

eibbor
04-26-2012, 12:06 AM
If he leaves Phoenix who picks him up?

Lim
04-26-2012, 12:08 AM
from what i could tell from his interviews, it sounds like he is leaving. but i wouldn't be surprised if he signed a 1 year deal with PHX even though that makes no sense for him.

LakersIn5
04-26-2012, 12:14 AM
nash please go to lal. if you were able to make gortat, frye, shannon, etc. look that good what more with bynum and gasol and others.

eibbor
04-26-2012, 12:16 AM
from what i could tell from his interviews, it sounds like he is leaving. but i wouldn't be surprised if he signed a 1 year deal with PHX even though that makes no sense for him.

You could be right.

I hope he get's a championship though. He deserves it.

mdm692
04-26-2012, 12:17 AM
He will more than likely stay depending on the front office signings and trades this offseason but if he were to leave id say dallas makes the most sense unless the knicks fail to secure jeremy lin

heyman321
04-26-2012, 12:20 AM
He will more than likely stay depending on the front office signings and trades this offseason but if he were to leave id say dallas makes the most sense unless the knicks fail to secure jeremy lin

If Nash wants to win a championship, he should really go to the Lakers, OKC, or Miami. It would be sad to see him retire without a ring, he deserves it. But yeah, he would do wonders for OKC or LAL because they have crappy point guards, well, Sessions is alright but Nash is a significant upgrade. Who's OKC's point guard? Fisher?? Hahahhha!

ThunderousDemon
04-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Lakers, they always come to the Lakers.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-26-2012, 12:35 AM
If Nash wants to win a championship, he should really go to the Lakers, OKC, or Miami. It would be sad to see him retire without a ring, he deserves it. But yeah, he would do wonders for OKC or LAL because they have crappy point guards, well, Sessions is alright but Nash is a significant upgrade. Who's OKC's point guard? Fisher?? Hahahhha!

It's actually Russell Westbrook.

FriedTofuz
04-26-2012, 12:38 AM
orlando if dwight stays.

Giraffes Rule
04-26-2012, 12:40 AM
If he wants to win a championship, it'll probably come in a backup role. LAL is the only place he could start that I think realistically has a shot at winning a title.

Joshtd1
04-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Wherever it was it needs to be to a team that is already in the playoffs but in a backup role, unless the starting PG now he is going to be an upgrade for sure.

ThunderousDemon
04-26-2012, 12:45 AM
If Nash comes to the LAL he's getting the starting role

Duncan = Donkey
04-26-2012, 12:48 AM
LOL at people thinking he will accept a back up role

ThunderousDemon
04-26-2012, 12:49 AM
LOL at people thinking he will accept a back up role

Nash for troy and blake?

Giraffes Rule
04-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Oh wait, he could sign with Miami and start too.

mdm692
04-26-2012, 12:50 AM

there is not enough ball to go around miami unless wade and lebron are willing to let nash run the show or nash becomes a jumpshooter. Lakers i could see him working pick n roll with bynum and gasol. Okc he would be playing back up to westbrook thats why i say dallas. They have capspace to get better and he will be happy playing with his best friend dirk not to mention he could probably take hill with him.

justinnum1
04-26-2012, 12:51 AM
more than welcome in miami for 3mil per year and a great chance at a ring.

Tmath
Raptors

justinnum1
there is not enough ball to go around miami unless wade and lebron are willing to let nash run the show or nash becomes a jumpshooter. Lakers i could see him working pick n roll with bynum and gasol. Okc he would be playing back up to westbrook thats why i say dallas. They have capspace to get better and he will be happy playing with his best friend dirk not to mention he could probably take hill with him.

Nash would probably be the only guy they would be comfortable letting run the show imo

cdnsportsfan
04-26-2012, 01:05 AM
I want to see him win a ring he absolutely deserves it. I think if there were any questions left about the Heat next season Nash would push the team over the top, finally give them a quality PG and almost an entire all star starting roster. I'd prefer to see him on OKC than the Heat but not sure how he would work with Westbrook.

He could end up in Toronto however as well, and hear me out for why: Raps have cap space and would amnesty Calderon at the drop of a hat to bring him in, Nash already has a relationship with Colangelo, and he can slide into a management role after he's done - and that would be management for the team in his home country. I think he's pegged to continue in management after he's done he's too smart not to, and doing so in Canada, influencing kids growing up playing ball, might be a draw.

I want him to win a ring though and that's not happening with the Raps anytime soon, they'd make the playoffs next season with him but never contend for the title. So I hope he signs elsewhere and wins a championship, but Toronto should be in the discussion.

TL;DR Heat probably, Raptors possibly, no idea where else he might fit but I'm sure there's somewhere that works.

Jumi
04-26-2012, 01:07 AM
I'd hate to see him in a Laker uniform, but could you image that!!! With the emergence of Bynum and Kobe being Kobe, you could develop Sessions, Ebanks and the other younger players while still being dominant with your main guys. He would place Kobe in advantageous situations so there would be less wear and tear from creating his own shot. That team would run like a machine if they could stop all the drama!

shep33
04-26-2012, 01:09 AM
I think he should go to the Thunder. At times they can play Nash at the point, and Russy at the 2

IversonIsKrazy
04-26-2012, 01:19 AM
I hope he doesn't go to LAL or Heat. My god please don't let him go to the Heat. What about Indy? Although honestly, if wants to win as a starter, Lakers or Heat are his only choice IMO.

TheNumber37
04-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Please go to OKC.

Nash
Westbrook
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

Harden

IIISSKiLL
04-26-2012, 01:25 AM
i see d12 and deron williams in brooklyn next season and dallas lost the chance to win another ring by trying to pull a miami heat.. nash goes to miami and rio sucks it up for a season or 2 playing back up minutes behind him.. i rather have billups if healthy because nash can't play d to save his life but he would help lebron and wade so much on offense they wouldn't have to do it all

MELO 15
04-26-2012, 01:34 AM
He resides in new York, so I'd Say sign him to be a starter on the knicks, and have lin come off the bench

naps
04-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Nash for troy and blake?

Why do Lakers fans always think they deserve a player who just had an MVP caliber season for their trash? There's another Lakers fan who constantly comes up with trash offers in every superstar/allstar trade thread.

LongWayFromHome
04-26-2012, 02:17 AM
Why do people say things about players like "NasH DESERVES a championship"?

If he deserved one wouldn't he have one?

I feel like the point of winning is the fact that you earned it. You can argue many guys have a ring who didn't necessarily earn it. Like guys who don't play at all. But I feel like in general - If you don't have one, you haven't deserved one yet.

JNA17
04-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Oh god, him on the Lakers would be a freaking dream! He would make Bynum even more dominate and would probably love to play with a guy like Pau. Plus him and Kobe on the backcourt would be very interesting to watch.

What also makes it great is that Nash would not even need to play too many minutes since we have Sessions as well. They could have Nash getting 25-30 minutes which make life that much easier for Nash and his conditioning (honestly, the guy can play for another 3 years and still play at the level he's playing). And having those Nash on the leadership role to help mentor out Sessions like he did with Dragic would a real confidence booster.

But it's just a pipe dream...a man can dream though right?

jd_azsportsfan
04-26-2012, 03:02 AM
As a Suns fan I hope a sign and trade for a couple of picks and or young promising players to help rebuild

NYKnicks4511
04-26-2012, 03:22 AM
I think the Knicks would be crazy not to try and make a run at him before they go for Lin. Especially if NYK makes some noise in the playoffs this year, Nash could see this as a great opportunity. A one year deal might also allow us to retain Novak.

ThunderousDemon
04-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Why do Lakers fans always think they deserve a player who just had an MVP caliber season for their trash? There's another Lakers fan who constantly comes up with trash offers in every superstar/allstar trade thread.

It was meant as joke, not to be taken seriously, I wouldn't think that I'd had to point that out,but then again this is PSD and some people here are incredibly dunce.

naps
04-26-2012, 04:17 AM
It was meant as joke, not to be taken seriously, I wouldn't think that I'd had to point that out,but then again this is PSD and some people here are incredibly dunce.

I would obviously take it as a joke had it not come from a Lakers fan. They come so often from Laker fans that it's become a cliche and not a joke anymore. Before it was Luke Walton and now Troy Murphy or Devin Ebanks.

BlinkManJan02
04-26-2012, 04:22 AM
You could be right.

I hope he get's a championship though. He deserves it.

He does. I'm not a LeBron fan nor an LAL fan, but if Nash goes to either I'll definitely cheering for them to win it all. I really hope he stays in Phoenix though but don't think that will happen.

wmudford
04-26-2012, 04:57 AM
If Phoenix can sign an all-star caliber player (or with the potential to be) or 2 like Gordon/Wallace/KG/Mayo/Ilyasova i think he stays. If not then New York, Miami, OKC, and Chicago i think are likely destinations.

JPHX
04-26-2012, 05:43 AM
PHX resigns him and stacks the roster with vets for one last hurrah.

Evolution23
04-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Hes staing in PHX and he ain't selling out

gatkins11
04-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd love to see him win a title, Miami and LAL are the likeliest destinations.

FraziersKnicks
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Nash on the Heat makes a lot of sense

NoahH
04-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Mi-****ing-ami

We'd welcome him here.

JPHX
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I dont get why people keep saying Miami. Nash is gonna need the ball in his hands 90% of the time to be effective. They would need to overhaul that entire offense. If they dont then he'll turn him into a spot up shooter and his numbers wiil dip cause he's not a volume scorer.

RaiderLakersA's
04-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Arizona doesn't want him? Don't tell me: it's because he's an immigrant, isn't it?

smith&wesson
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Toronto :clap:

my guess is lakers or heat. which ever want to win next years ship!!

97NYer
04-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Westbrook....

NoahH
04-26-2012, 04:11 PM
if nash wants to win a championship, he should really go to the lakers, okc, or miami. It would be sad to see him retire without a ring, he deserves it. But yeah, he would do wonders for okc or lal because they have crappy point guards, well, sessions is alright but nash is a significant upgrade. Who's okc's point guard? Fisher?? Hahahhha!westbrook....

Hahahahaha

JNA17
04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Westbrook....

Let's be honest, if Nash came to OKC, they would make Westbrook a SG. He basically plays like one anyway.

uprightciti
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
this is so funny because people think that he would go to miami and hurt the development of chalmers on miami

or go to the lakers and make it to the second round of the playoffs?

or to okc? that aint happening

i feel like he would go to dallas if they cant get deron
or he might go to brooklyn or new york if dwight comes and jeremy leaves

or he might have his loyalties to phoenix

LA no
OKC no
Miami no

Ezio
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I hear he likes being in Chicago :hide:

torocan
04-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Dallas, then either Miami, Lakers or New York.

Raptors as a dark horse.

Just can't see him going to Chicago, OKC, LAC or the Spurs.

PacersForLife
04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
He could always come join his buddies Lou and Leandro. :D

knicks4life33
04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Lakers for sure makes sense. Miami is not a good match when you have lebron and wade need the ball in there hands all the time.

Losoway
04-26-2012, 05:49 PM
The heat doesnt need nash ...they need a damn center

with that being said ....nash would be good for the magics , lakers , or knicks

confused to why dallas would be interested in nash . he couldnt do nothing with them before lol what changes now

RaiderLakersA's
04-26-2012, 06:33 PM
The heat doesnt need nash ...they need a damn center

with that being said ....nash would be good for the magics , lakers , or knicks

confused to why dallas would be interested in nash . he couldnt do nothing with them before lol what changes now

Don't get me wrong, because I'm glad that JKidd got a ring, but that was the first thing that came to mind: Nash missed out on his chance to get his championship bling.

justinnum1
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
the last thing okc needs is westbrook shooting it more.

raiderNlakerfan
04-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Lakers,raptors,knicks or mavs

VCaintdead17
04-26-2012, 11:14 PM
He'd be an awesome addition to the Pacers. He'd speed up George and Hibbert's development by a couple years.

THE MTL
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM

Are u ******** or slow? (and pick one).

THE MTL
04-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I say he stays in Phoenix lol. And here are my reasons:

I dont see Nash as a sell-out who would hop on the Heat or Lakers. He just isnt a title chaser or a sellout. And the main reason why he'd come to NYC i feel is because of D'Antoni (who isnt here anymore).

I dont think Nash is coming off the bench for anyone. So that eliminates OKC, Chicago, Celtics, and Spurs (who'd he never join).

Maybe he's go to Orlando or Atlanta. Nash could do some major damage on either of those teams, especially in Atlanta with Smith/Horford/Johnson.

I guess he could go to Dallas, but they are chasing bigger Fish this summer.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Knicks.

C_Mund
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Westbrook....

Sure, that's if you believe OKC has a professional basketball team....

eibbor
04-26-2012, 11:39 PM
I might be a die hard Pacer fan, but with that said.. I hope he gets a chip wherever he goes. He deserves it.

C_Mund
04-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Let's be honest, if Nash came to OKC, they would make Westbrook a SG. He basically plays like one anyway.

Totally. Nash would also probably be the best mentor for somebody like Westbrook that has the tools to be an all-time point guard but has more of an attacking mentality.

iamsteel
04-26-2012, 11:57 PM
I have a feeling he will end up back in Dallas somehow

THE MTL
04-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Totally. Nash would also probably be the best mentor for somebody like Westbrook that has the tools to be an all-time point guard but has more of an attacking mentality.

But Westbrook is fully capable of running the PG position. Seriously, OKC has second best record in the NBA to prove that statement. I think its a shot against him to bring in Steve Nash.

I'm also not a fan of a double PG starting lineup. I know its becoming a recent trend with Paul/Billups & Ellis/Jennings & Ridnour/Rubio.

eibbor
04-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm so glad OKC fans don't realize if they moved Westbrook to SG and had a pass first PG how good they could be.

D12 fan
04-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Atlanta would be a nice spot.

Nash
Johnson
Williams
Jsmoove
Horford

PHX2daDEATH
04-27-2012, 12:57 AM
to the laker fan that said Troy Murphy and Steve Blake..spare us Suns' fans please..if thats the case you can have Nash for nothing, Id rather have cap space..Suns FO doesn't deserve a sign and trade anyhow..i'm going to say he sticks with the Suns after they package their lottery pick and Gortat, Frye and Morris for Josh Smith & Joe Johnson...then Sign Eric Gordon..

Nash
Gordon
Johnson
Smith
unknown stiff center

edit: this was right off the top of my head..you give me some time to think about this.. you just break up after long 6 years without thinking it through...

justinnum1
04-27-2012, 12:59 AM
I have a feeling he will end up back in Dallas somehow

dallas might try to get dwill

AI
04-27-2012, 01:18 AM
So basically this is a homer thread for Lakers and Heat fans?

Insert team name here

C_Mund
04-27-2012, 01:46 AM
But Westbrook is fully capable of running the PG position. Seriously, OKC has second best record in the NBA to prove that statement. I think its a shot against him to bring in Steve Nash.

I'm also not a fan of a double PG starting lineup. I know its becoming a recent trend with Paul/Billups & Ellis/Jennings & Ridnour/Rubio.

I can't disagree with anything you said here, I was just thinking about his best prospects of winning a ring. Westbrook is awesome, but you have to admit that at some point down the line he's going to have to learn to use his teammates because if they can't afford Harden when he's a FA they won't really have a play maker to set people up. 1-on-1 from the top of the arc doesn't always work come playoff time.

Procision
04-27-2012, 01:52 AM
What teams actually have cap space?

Procision
04-27-2012, 01:55 AM

3rd best record but we get your going with it.

meloman1592
04-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Probably orlando or Atlanta