PDA

View Full Version : Who wins in a 7 game series Knicks or Pacers

effen5
04-25-2012, 08:38 PM
What do you think?

Raph12
04-25-2012, 08:43 PM
They won't be playing each other, but just for the sake of arguement, it's the Knicks.

FraziersKnicks
04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Knicksssssssssss

quade36
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Pacers, probably in 5 or 6

DragonJaii
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
knicks

Meatmypet
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Knicks and it wouldn't even be close. Lol.

Baller1
04-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Pacers in 6.

Becks2307
04-25-2012, 09:26 PM
WTF

more knicks threads, you guys need to stop

NoahH
04-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Knicks I think. Just because Pacers don't really have that superstar to carry the team

ManningToTyree
04-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Won't happen now but Knicks in 6

GoPacers33
04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Pacers I don't why Knicks fan think it would be a blowout lol

cardinals1226
04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Knicks I think. Just because Pacers don't really have that superstar to carry the team

Just like how the Knicks superstars got them the third seed? Oh wait... :rolleyes:

haggis
04-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Paul "2 inches" George vs. Iman "G.O.A.T." Shumpert?

The world would implode.
Invalid question.

ManningToTyree
04-25-2012, 09:46 PM

:confused:

nobody said it would be a blowout.

Ezio
04-25-2012, 09:46 PM

The world would implode.
Invalid question.

OMG that would be chaos.

bucketss
04-25-2012, 09:48 PM
:confused:

TeamStream25
04-25-2012, 09:58 PM
The Knicks... and it's with Lin, Amare, and Melo all healthy in the starting lineup.

NYKnicks4511
04-25-2012, 09:59 PM

It won't be a blowout, I think Knicks in 6 or 7.

5ass
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
close, but ill take the pacers in 6-7. Knicks have all the talent but cant seem to get the wins, maybe one day they'll put it all together.

nycericanguy
04-25-2012, 10:18 PM
close, but ill take the pacers in 6-7. Knicks have all the talent but cant seem to get the wins, maybe one day they'll put it all together.

they're about to go 17-6 under Woodson :confused:

billsftw
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Won't happen now but Knicks in 6

the question was in a 7 game series...
its knicks i think

KnIckFaN.2883
04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
The Knicks

KnIckFaN.2883
04-25-2012, 10:31 PM
1:facepalm:

D-Leethal
04-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Knicks dominated the Pacers for 11 out of 12 quarters this season. We matchup very well with them.

Knicks21
04-25-2012, 10:50 PM

Even since Mike D'antoni was fired they have been putting it together.

NYkillaPriest
04-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManningToTyree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatmypet

Just because he says it would be a blowout doesn't make him a Knick fan...this is the kind of stuff that give us Knick fans a bad name, some of you take any pro Knick comment as oh there goes another Knick fan talking crazy whether the person is a Knick fan or not

DragonJaii
04-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Just because he says it would be a blowout doesn't make him a Knick fan...this is the kind of stuff that give us Knick fans a bad name, some of you take any pro Knick comment as oh there goes another Knick fan talking crazy whether the person is a Knick fan or not

i thought meatmypet was a knick fan o.o

Slimsim
04-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Shumperts knicks

2-ONE-5
04-25-2012, 11:39 PM
who cares? they arent going to play. these Knicks threads are out of control. There are 16 playoff teams yet there is like 6 Knicks threads going on

meloman1592
04-25-2012, 11:59 PM

The world would implode.
Invalid question.

Lmao

OldSchool
04-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Aint happening

IversonIsKrazy
04-26-2012, 01:25 AM
The reason why someone made this is pretty much considering that Knicks beat Heat in playoffs and Pacers beat Magic. Interesting tho, I don't know who I would take. Although Knicks look nice on paper, Indy is a solid defensive team with interior presence that plays like a team. I would say Pacers in 7. Although it could also be NY in 6.

Colts2180
04-26-2012, 01:49 AM
Dumb question. Teams wont meet unless they upset the Heat which Im all for. Pacers are the better team and thats been the case all season. We have a better record for a reason. Knicks are solid but not consistent and not very deep. Would be a fun series to watch and iv actually said I wanted to see it happen. Just dont like people saying Knicks will win easily and crap when WE ARE THE ONES with the better record and better team. Ill tell you this though, Ill be a Knicks fan when they faceoff against Miami.

5ass
04-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Even since Mike D'antoni was fired they have been putting it together.

Ur kidding me if you think they put it together. What i meant is when (if) Melo and Amare figure out how to play together, this team will be much better. Dont throw out their record under Woodson Amare has played in 2-3 games with Woodson and a lot of games with Melo. You also have Tyson pushing Amares game further from the basket. Melo, Amare and Tyson all need to figure it out. Amare is too good to be a liability on the court.

Colts2180
04-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Knicks couldnt handle the Pacers in a 7 game series. This isnt when they fired there coach and was charged up for the 2 games against us. Then we tore em up in the 4th quarter of the 3rd game. Pacers have been the hottest team in the league in April and are clicking on all cylinders. Keep underestimating us, people just dont understand lol.

ManningToTyree
04-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Knicks couldnt handle the Pacers in a 7 game series. This isnt when they fired there coach and was charged up for the 2 games against us. Then we tore em up in the 4th quarter of the 3rd game. Pacers have been the hottest team in the league in April and are clicking on all cylinders. Keep underestimating us, people just dont understand lol.

This is the same exact team. They are 17-6 under the new coach. We tore you up for the 1st 3 quarters and the other games. A lapse like that won't happen again. I'm not understimationg the Pacers, but I think the Knicks would beat them in 6 games

ombada
04-26-2012, 04:34 AM
Pacers, and yes i am a Pacers fan. Better D, Better Bench, more consistency, clicking towards the end of the season heading into the playoffs.

Iron24th
04-26-2012, 04:34 AM
Knicks in 6

Weezy
04-26-2012, 08:22 AM

The world would implode.
Invalid question.

Lmfaooo. too funny.

And ill say Knicks. We actually match up well with them.

Gators123
04-26-2012, 08:27 AM

The world would implode.
Invalid question.

:worthy:

Hustla23
04-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Shumpert can alone can blow out the Pacers by 30+ points playing 1 on 5. So how about if you add the rest of the team?

But seriously, Knicks easily. Knicks have the third best SRS in the east behind Miami and Chicago and they also dominated the Pacers in their regular season meetings.

bucketss
04-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Shumpert can alone can blow out the Pacers by 30+ points playing 1 on 5. So how about if you add the rest of the team?

But seriously, Knicks easily. Knicks have the third best SRS in the east behind Miami and Chicago and they also dominated the Pacers in their regular season meetings.

lol than knick fans complain when heat/bulls fans underestimate them

kobebabe
04-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Knicks by a mile! They have already beaten them enough already

Hustla23
04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
lol than knick fans complain when heat/bulls fans underestimate them
I don't complain. Bulls/Heat fans can do whatever they want. :shrug:

If they underestimate us because their teams are better, then that's their choice. But they should know that the Knicks have been playing well as of late and anything can happen in the playoffs.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Pacers

nycsports2
04-26-2012, 09:09 AM

this.. to many ballers on the knicks i say 6 games

Ill21
04-26-2012, 09:10 AM

??? They have the second best record in the nba since Woodson took over. Not sure what you mean by the cant put wins together. They haven't lost back to back games under Woodson either.

nycsports2
04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
??? They have the second best record in the nba since Woodson took over. Not sure what you mean by the cant put wins together. They haven't lost back to back games under Woodson either.

nobody takes this into account... or that stat was hurt... or that melo was hurt... or that lin is hurt... lol its watever though

Bobshirleyrules
04-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Knicks match up well against the Pacers. The Knicks should be kicking themselves for blowing a huge lead to them, and playing a lackluster game against Cleveland. The six seed was in their reach, and a very realistic path to the second round.

bucketss
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't complain. Bulls/Heat fans can do whatever they want. :shrug:

If they underestimate us because their teams are better, then that's their choice. But they should know that the Knicks have been playing well as of late and anything can happen in the playoffs.

and you should know pacers have only lost two games this month i dont know how the 3rd seed with homcourt is suppose to be easy

bucketss
04-26-2012, 09:37 AM
nobody takes this into account... or that stat was hurt... or that melo was hurt... or that lin is hurt... lol its watever though

no one takes those into account because they're excuses

nycsports2
04-26-2012, 09:39 AM

im not one to make excuses it is what it is and throughout everything were still in the playoffs... These are valid points that have hindered there chemistry throughout the season

effen5
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM

Pacers have been consistent and has had a really good record all year....

Sofnr
04-26-2012, 09:59 AM
I really don't understand why the Knicks are running away with this poll. The Pacers have clearly been the better team all season. They have been arguably the best team in the nba over the last month. The Knicks are mediocre and pretty much need Melo to enter God mode every game to win a playoff series. I think Pacers win in 5 or 6.

bedford1829
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
who cares? they arent going to play. these Knicks threads are out of control. There are 16 playoff teams yet there is like 6 Knicks threads going on

I agree and it's a little excessive but I also think its very telling in terms of the overall state of the NBA landscape.

It's long been argued that Stern and the NBA executive power players have yearned for Knicks relevance and this is the reason why. The basketball landscape and NBA bottom line is much ore better off with a mobilized Knick fan base.

Knick fans are so starved for any kind of basketball success that they are excessively active and involved as the playoff time approaches.

NY has deep basketball pride as well as a reverence for the building in which they play. It's not surprising that a city so starved in a sport that they love so much are a bit over eager.

Just imagine how Yankee fans would be if they failed to have any success for 12 years and that should give you an idea of the hope and optimism that is taking over Knick fans at the moment

Shadowplay
04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
I'll go Pacers in 7.

effen5
04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't know why the Knicks fans keep bringing up that they have the second best record after Woodson took over...is that suppose to mean something?

How about this.
Pacers in the month of April as of right now have won 12 games out of 15 games
Knicks in thie month of April as of right now have won 8 games out of 12.

Both teams did very well in April.

Pacers are no doubt one of the hottest team right now and I don't know how some Knicks fans say they could beat the Pacers "easily".

If anything, the Knicks are in the same league as the Pacers right now, a step below the Bulls, Heat, OKC, Spurs etc...

tcav701
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
The NBA had an NIT tournament?

KNICKS R BACK
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Knicks in 6,the playoffs are a different type of game. its half court, defensive orientened basketball. the knicks under woodson have been a top 3 ranked defense in the league, we lock people down when we want to. thats what woodson has brought to this team that we didnt neccessarily have before. the pacers are a good team, i actually like the pacers team (rivalry aside) and im not underestimating them, but the knicks would beat them in six wash our hands and be through with em.

Dankster
04-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Knicks in 5 or 6. Pacers just don't matchup well with them. Hibbert didn't have much success against Chandler in their head to head matchups, and truthfully aside from possibly Collison, there's no position advantage the Pacers have.

Add to that their only supposed star in Granger is as erratic as they come, and I don't think it would be that close. I don't think it's blind homerism making that statement, rather a pragmatic one from seeing their H2H matchups this year.

Not a good matchup at all for the Pacers. I'd much rather see the Pacers against the sixers, that would be a very fun and competitive matchup to watch.

NYK4L
04-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Injuries are not excuses. Teams have been beat up this season, not just NY. You do understand this is a condensed season right? Last year playoffs same thing, 2 of our starters were out because of injuries but we only come with excuses? Yeah because not having 40% of your starting lline up dosen't hurt any team.

bucketss
04-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Injuries are not excuses. Teams have been beat up this season, not just NY. You do understand this is a condensed season right? Last year playoffs same thing, 2 of our starters were out because of injuries but we only come with excuses? Yeah because not having 40% of your starting lline up dosen't hurt any team.

how many injuries have the bulls had the past two seasons? do they make excuses? atl lost horford for the season do they make excuses?

NYK4L
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM

how many injuries have the bulls had the past two seasons? do they make excuses? atl lost horford for the season do they make excuses?

Again, injuries are not excuses, injuries hinder a teams ability to beat orher helthy teams. Whatever team you root for, take away two of your strarters (in a 7 game series)would they have the same chance of beating the other team? I certanly do.

Kashmir13579
04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
If anything, the Knicks are in the same league as the Pacers right now, a step below the Bulls, Heat, OKC, Spurs etc...

Agreed. Just with a more talented roster.

Stinkyoutsider
04-26-2012, 12:51 PM
It would be a tough series but I think the Knicks could win it. Seems like a matchup that the Knicks may be able to take advantage of, unless the Pacers put Paul George on Carmelo? Danny Granger would have to carry the perimeter offense and Hibbert would have to play well against Chandler.

I haven't seen much from the Pacers bench but the Knicks bench is about as talented there is in the league right now.

PacersForLife
04-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Wow there are a lot of Knicks fans on here.... I mean I guess it's pretty understandable that they think they are better because their "big 3" has lead them to the almighty 7th seed.

justinnum1
04-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow there are a lot of Knicks fans on here.... I mean I guess it's pretty understandable that they think they are better because their "big 3" has lead them to the almighty 7th seed.

yea but under woodoson they are the best team in the league and dominant.

PacersForLife
04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
yea but under woodoson they are the best team in the league and dominant.

Very good point. Also, keep in mind that they have won every game this year when they outscored the opponent.

Becks2307
04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Ur kidding me if you think they put it together. What i meant is when (if) Melo and Amare figure out how to play together, this team will be much better. Dont throw out their record under Woodson Amare has played in 2-3 games with Woodson and a lot of games with Melo.

WRONG, where did you get 2-3 games from? its been 11

Melo and Amare and Chandler under Woodson Knicks are 9-2.

ChicagoJ
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
It would be close. Pacers played great last year vs the bulls so in the playoffs they aren't the same team as regular season. I'm not sure the knicks can handle them. But, chandler gives the knicks so much in defense and energy he may be the difference maker. It's hard to say, probably a 7 game series.

NYK4L
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM

Seeding DOES NOT MATTER in the playoffs. We almost owned you in the regular series with two straight wins and one loss. That's why some fans give the advantage to the knicks. Example: the heat beat us 3-0 in the regular season. I can't be mad when people say MIA will beat NY, they showed they can beat us As the pacers did with NY. Anything is possible, don't trip.

PacersForLife
04-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Seeding DOES NOT MATTER in the playoffs. We almost owned you in the regular series with two straight wins and one loss. That's why some fans give the advantage to the knicks. Example: the heat beat us 3-0 in the regular season. I can't be mad when people say MIA will beat NY, they showed they can beat us As the pacers did with NY. Anything is possible, don't trip.

So basically I can say the same thing because you are using the regular season as an example as well. Just because you won the regular season series proves nothing in the playoffs, it's a different game. Anything is possible, don't trip. ;)

Besides these two teams aren't going to match-up in the playoffs so it really doesn't matter.

NYK4L
04-26-2012, 06:05 PM
So basically I can say the same thing because you are using the regular season as an example as well. Just because you won the regular season series proves nothing in the playoffs, it's a different game. Anything is possible, don't trip. ;)

I never said you couldn't use the regular season as an example. I was pointing out that the seeding is not relevant for a playoff series. But you surely can pick favorites based on the regular season results, injuries going into the post season, team quemistry etc.

Besides these two teams aren't going to match-up in the playoffs so it really doesn't matter.

I agree that's why I didn't start this thread.

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
I gotta go with the Pacers here. Their coach has an edge because he's been playing with this roster for over a season, they match up well at each of NY's strong positions, and they have more depth. There is a reason why the Pacers have a better record than the Knicks.

Becks2307
04-26-2012, 08:53 PM
can someone close this thread, the knicks won't be playing the pacers in the playoffs