PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets: A look at the big picture

Punk
04-25-2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/4/25/2965062/a-look-at-the-big-picture#storyjump

This is not a look at whether the Nets pursue Dwight Howard or Kevin Garnett, keep Deron Williams or Gerald Wallace. Not about Brook Lopez or the Draft either. It's about a large image we found of Barclays Center (the latest, we are assured) and what it shows.

There are indeed a lot of renderings of the arena. The most recent can be found here. One Nets insider jokes that with all the changes, Barclays Center is the "most rendered arena in history." If you search hard enough, you can even find some of the original Frank Gehry design. This one, though, is the most accurate. Before you begin, get yourself acclimated a little better, take a look at the seating chart. Then click on the large image and then click again to expand it to 100%. Then, let us take you on a tour.

First take a look at the far end of the arena. On the floor level is entry way the Brooklyn Nets will use to enter the arena...no side entrance, directly onto the court. What's barely visible, under the rows of seats on the left of the entrance is the Courtside Club, where the Nets say: "Located directly outside the Nets locker room ... You can cheer on the home team as they enter onto and exit off the court." It's available for those in Hollywood seats, sideline seats rows A-E, as well as the End Zone rows AA-E. Nearby the Courtside Club (but not visible) is The Vault, "inspired by Jay-Z" to "reward customers with a higher level of sophistication and exclusivity in mind." The 11 suites cost $550,000 a year, with a three-year commitment. Among the amenities, the Armand de Brignac Champagne Bar, sponsored by Jay-Z's favorite champagne.

Just above that is what looks like a ledge where a few people congregate. That's street level, more than 20' above the arena floor. It's also the Legends Lounge, described this way by the Nets: "Located directly above Sections 15-17 and only available to ticket holders in those Sections, the Legends Lounge gives you access to the Legends Lounge bar and light snacks." There are a lot of other clubs scattered around the arena. There will also be two identical lounges for other sections, the North-South Lounges, on opposite sides of the arena.

The architect's vantage point is opposite the Legends Lounge, from the landing that leads from the arena's main entrance lobby into the arena. Here's what it looks like from inside the entrance lobby. Note the scoreboard at eye level. The Daktronics board and other video screens will be installed in July. Also, on the left side of the entrance lobby, you can catch a glimpse of the Nets practice court (which surprisingly has not yet been the subject of any publicly released renderings).

Circling the arena are the 104 suites, some double-decked. The one in middle on the left hand side is Mikhail Prokhorov's. Others, no doubt, will be less well-appointed, but with still decent views and amenities.

The image also shows the low ceiling --"to keep the noise in", says Bruce Ratner-- and the "black box" lighting that architect Gregg Pasquarelli says he wanted to give the game a more dramatic, theatrical feel. Also, it appears that writers will be kept a courtside, rather than tossed up into the rafters as the Knicks did with their MSG renovation. (Is that Fred Kerber, with the grey hair sitting at the end of press row?)

One thing we did particularly like about the rendering. Everyone is dressed for summer. So it must be June..and the Eastern Conference Finals.

The Pictures:

The Lounge (http://www.barclayscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/legends_lp.jpg)

The Court (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1082138/Barclay_Center_-_Rendering_Best.jpg)

Entrance Tunnel (http://i.imgur.com/oASJd.jpg)

Main Concourse (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/664509/MAIN_CONCOURSE.jpg)

It looks pretty cool. It will have the same lighting as the Lakers and Knicks. I hope they can put together a nice product with or without Deron.

David Stern is so excited. Two LA teams, Two NY teams, Two Florida teams, 3 Texas teams = Alot of cash. He has some revenue options to suck on when OKC eventually starts to lose their novelty and the small market owners start whining again.

Evolution23
04-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Looks decent but they need a new logo.

aztr0
04-25-2012, 03:57 PM
I agree, they need a new logo. Probably a name also.

Donuts365
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Bknets champs of 2014

BklynKnicks3
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
brook lopez face of brooklyn niiiice lol

NoahH
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
They'll get a new logo/colors im sure. It looks like a beautiful arena. I'm pumped to see what happens with BKN

29$JerZ
04-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Make your ticket prices lower than the Knicks and get a semi-decent looking Logo.
You have potential.

That's just from a business standpoint though. Basketball wise they have a lot of work to do.

arkanian215
04-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Make your ticket prices lower than the Knicks and get a semi-decent looking Logo.
You have potential.

That's just from a business standpoint though. Basketball wise they have a lot of work to do.

What do you think? http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17kplf6pfi9bhjpg/original.jpg

Just overlook the blue construction tape that was probably holding up something to hide the logo from prying eyes.

kntresistheheat
04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
What do you think? http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17kplf6pfi9bhjpg/original.jpg

Just overlook the blue construction tape that was probably holding up something to hide the logo from prying eyes.

I like it! It needs some color and that would be it.

arkanian215
04-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I like it! It needs some color and that would be it.

i feel the same way but from what I gather, we're going black and white w/ black and white jerseys. blah. break from the old for sure. might be the only team to have a black and white home (primary) jersey (oops forgot about the spurs).

Deemerc
04-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Is that logo official?

pd7631
04-25-2012, 07:28 PM
It looks pretty cool. It will have the same lighting as the Lakers and Knicks. I hope they can put together a nice product with or without Deron.

David Stern is so excited. Two LA teams, Two NY teams, Two Florida teams, 3 Texas teams = Alot of cash. He has some revenue options to suck on when OKC eventually starts to lose their novelty and the small market owners start whining again.

I can't stand when arenas are lit that way. It seems so dreary, and you can't really get a feel for the fans when they're basically hidden by the lights. The Staples Center used to be cool for the Lakers when it first opened up, but then they went to the dark lights and it took away from the atmosphere IMO. I know it's supposed to be lit that way to draw attention to 'the show', but I just hate the feel of it.

Deemerc
04-25-2012, 07:30 PM
brook lopez face of brooklyn niiiice lol

Melo, Chandler, stat, still only a 7th seed, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Deemerc
04-25-2012, 07:32 PM
I can't stand when arenas are lit that way. It seems so dreary, and you can't really get a feel for the fans when they're basically hidden by the lights. The Staples Center used to be cool for the Lakers when it first opened up, but then they went to the dark lights and it took away from the atmosphere IMO. I know it's supposed to be lit that way to draw attention to 'the show', but I just hate the feel of it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did that jus in case no one goes to the games like in nj, you wouldn't be able to tell the arena was empty

bholly
04-25-2012, 07:32 PM

i feel the same way but from what I gather, we're going black and white w/ black and white jerseys. blah. break from the old for sure. might be the only team to have a black and white home (primary) jersey.

That logo's awesome. Real simple black and white will be dope too. Man, I'm stoked.

NYMetropolitans
04-25-2012, 07:42 PM

We'll still beat you, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Punk
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Sounds like the colors will be Black, White & Blue. The logo, colors will debut on Monday when the merchandise goes on sale.

Some third world country will certainly love the NJ Nets gear :laugh2:

NYMetropolitans
04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Sounds like the colors will be Black, White & Blue. The logo, colors will debut on Monday when the merchandise goes on sale.

Some third world country will certainly love the NJ Nets gear :laugh2:

Where'd you hear about the blue?

jimm120
04-25-2012, 08:10 PM

I'll be honest...being a Brooklynite, I intend to somewhat root for the Nets. I'll try to watch. I lived around Fort. Hamilton and 54th street when I was a kid and as a teenager, I lived on 7th ave and 49th street. So, I spent a lot of time on 5th and 4th avenue. Knowing that the arena is right there at the end of 5th ave or 4th ave really gets me into thinking that "hey, its in my neighborhood!" kind of mood.

I was always indifferent to the Nets. I'm 27. Grew up seeing the 93-96 TOUGH Ewing teams. The 98-2002 teams were my most memorable simply because I was a teenager then. I moved to the Domincan in 2003 or so, so I never HAD the Nets be a threat of any kind. While living here, I saw that they were "winning" and going to the finals and I was ok with it. No rivalry. Just didn't really care about them.

So to me, The Nets were "just another team, but close to NY". Indifferent, but never wishing ill. If they did well, I was "ok, good. Nice for them".

But they coming to brooklyn, I'll try to cheer for them a bit. Against the Knicks? Hell no lol. But I do hope they can make it and can be ok.

Knicks fan always 100%. But I'll definitely attempt to root for the Nets once they're in Brooklyn. And if I can't, then it'll be the same old "ok, hope you do good."

netsgiantsyanks
04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
one of my knicks friends said he'll root for the nets because they're a new york team and didn't like them because they were in jersey. :dance:

lmao

netsgiantsyanks
04-25-2012, 08:15 PM
We'll still beat you, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

more baiting posts, niiiiiiiiiccccceeeee

netsgiantsyanks
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
but i'll still hate the knicks. :p

VinceCarter
04-26-2012, 12:50 AM
I can't wait for Monday! Gotta buy me some BK stuff!!!!!

NYsFinest
04-26-2012, 01:03 AM

18-6 (best in East) under Woodson with 2nd best D in the NBA... NIIIIIIIIIICEEEEEE

Nets ... 56 wins in the last 3 years in front of 15 fans.... NOT SO NICE :speechless:

King P
04-30-2012, 02:26 PM
New logos are out. And the apparel as well.

All of it looks great

gotoHcarolina52
04-30-2012, 03:13 PM
New Brooklyn Nets logos (http://a.espncdn.com/espnradiostations/i/espnnewyork/radio/features/NetsNewLogo300x200.jpg)

dsonLAL24
04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
i wonder what demographics are for the new logo.

kdspurman
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I go by the arena often. Still crazy having one there now. It used to be this empty gap and now there will be NBA in Brooklyn. Pretty cool tbh

nate2usmc
04-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Nice stuff! Good for Nets fans!

NYK4L
04-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Nice stuff! Good for Nets fans!

Yes, they'll both be happy :D

King P
04-30-2012, 04:48 PM
It's funny how many people have been bashing the logo. Talking about how bland and unoriginal it is.

I see no problem with the logo. Both of them look very good

SportsAndrew25
04-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Maybe the Nets will finally get their heads out of their *** and start winning.

jmoney85
04-30-2012, 04:53 PM
yea I like the logo a lot... especially the 2nd logo

Point Blank
04-30-2012, 04:55 PM
That logo is hideous.

CaptainClutch
04-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Such mixed reactions on the logo

King P
04-30-2012, 05:11 PM
I think many people that don't like the logo are associating the the crappiness of the NJ Nets with the Brooklyn Nets. The team obviously wanted to move in a completely new direction. If the team is good, this logo will become iconic.

Also; think of the logos of teams that you can accurately reproduce right now with a pen and paper. A lot of them are complex, with shading, 3D lettering. This logo is so simple that people will instantly recognize it from a distance and it is consistent from the logo on their court to the logo on their merchandise. It's pretty genius if you ask me.

netsgiantsyanks
04-30-2012, 05:55 PM
lol net fans.

oh wait...

5ass
04-30-2012, 06:06 PM
I like it.

Sactown
04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Love the logo, the Net's have such a club scene feel to the new place. I think they're trying to over take the Knicks with class and make a ticket season owner a status thing.

king4day
04-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I just ordered a shirt and pennant. That just screams NY. Brings back memories and they haven't even set foot on the court in those uni's yet.

Robbw241
04-30-2012, 06:17 PM
The "No Sleep Till" shirt is so fly. So are the hats. The big question remains: the jersey.

ichitownclowni
04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Looks awesome.

NoahH
04-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Looks decent but they need a new logo.

Done :clap: and it looks good

netsgiantsyanks
04-30-2012, 06:40 PM
the logo is simple, yet so good. i'm not sold yet tho, bring in a decent team. then i'll be sold.

thekmp211
04-30-2012, 06:52 PM
i actually think that the black and white logo, if they get the uniforms right, could be one of the best in the league. think about the how whack the more colorful nets logos have been over the years.

Oldmantrash
04-30-2012, 07:34 PM
I love the logos.Bought 3 tee shirts, and 2 hats this afternoon.

This is a great day for me, growing in Brooklyn as a Nets fan, now they are there.
Even though I moved to New Jersey after 30 years in Brooklyn, I still have the Brooklyn pride, and I'm pumped for the future.

Tanakid777
04-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I am actually quite fond of the logo