PDA

View Full Version : Is Jordan the owner hurting the legacy of Jordan the player?

More-Than-Most
04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
It was on first take and Steve A said he thinks it does because he is the greatest basketball player of all time and now the worst owner ever. Do you think this is accurate and down the line do you think people will think Less of Jordan as a player when you factor in how bad he is as an owner?

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-25-2012, 02:09 PM
In doesn't hurt him as the player that achieved so much, but the **** that he and the other idiot small market owners pulled during the lockout and now by tanking this season and being the potentially worst team percentage wise in history, it hurts his status as a former NBA basketball player.

In the past, he was a player, so he fought for the players.

This time around in the CBA negotiations, he basically told the players EFF U! And he was a player once upon a time. The hypocrisy that is Michael Jordan will hurt his legacy in that manner.

SluggeR
04-25-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't think so. The most damage he might have made was the stance he took during the lock-out. His first gig with Washington he was a rookie and it really showed. Bottom line, in Washington he blew it. He was trying win before he built in washington. Charlotte became a playoff team with Mike. Mike also saw that making the playoffs was all that squad was going to do, their ceiling had been reached and the salaries he was paying were to high for that to be the ceiling. He has torn the roster down and has some more gutting to do, but has put himself in a position to get the best player in this year's draft and some more players in a "deep" draft. Unibrow & Biyombo=SWAT CITY. I think he has learned from his mistakes and has become patient. What he needs to do is make sure he gets the right coach, because he is about to start putting together serious young talent on this squad and he has to change the name of the charlotte franchise. THE NAME SHOULD BE THE CHARLOTTE JUMPMEN.

Lakeshow24KB
I watched that show for only like the second time today. Do everybody always bash on Skip like crazy? I felt bad for him haha. But I feel like Smith had a point, it won't affect his basketball playing legacy, but it will affect his history or resume when it's all said and done.

nickdymez
Why would it?

shep33
04-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Nah

haggis
04-25-2012, 02:25 PM
No. Not at all.

And he has a long way to go to be called the worst owner ever.

PurpleJesus
04-25-2012, 02:26 PM
no

ManningToTyree
04-25-2012, 02:27 PM
not even slightly

Wrigheyes4MVP
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Nope

Still the GOAT

Rain City
04-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Absolutely not

teddygreen17
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Especially as a Knicks fan...nothing can hurt his legacy...unless he was found to be on steroids or something ridiculous.

davids22
04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
He's still the GOAT, but the **** he pulled in the CBA negotiations was really hypocritical of him. He used to be all about the players when he himself was a player, and now he's a full fledged owner working for the $$$. We need to give him like 5 more years in Charlotte to wait and call him the worst owner ever. That team COULD turn around with the young talent of Kemba, Biyombo, and Unibrow (if they get him). We'll see.

COOLbeans
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
No

Pealvin
04-25-2012, 02:53 PM
This is a stupid question!! Player vs owner!! He is the G.O.A.T... So what he isn't doing as well as he should as a owner what does that have to do with 6 rings, 6 finals MVP's, 10 Scoring titles, 5 MVP's, Highest scoring average ever. 1 or 2 time gold medal winner have anything to do with him as a owner?? NOTHING!!! for all the people that are talking about his stance in the CBA, when he was a player, you couldn't get the big money until your game validated that you deserved it. that is how it should be. We have the players today getting big bucks and they dont deserve to have it. So I wasn't mad at his stance at all.

Stop posting dumb threads like this.

iliketurtles24
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
nah

iliketurtles24
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
throw a poll on that *****

SportsAndrew25
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Nothing can ever overshadow Jordan the player. Jordan the player just dominated the sport in a way that no man ever did before and I doubt ever will again.

ESaady
04-25-2012, 03:09 PM
No...

29$JerZ
04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Isiah is an example of what a terrible GM tenure can do for your career. If I say Isiah Thomas you won't think Bad Boy Pistons Isiah, you'll think Knick disaster Isiah.

MJ isn't there yet. Maybe if he did this to Chicago but its Charlotte..

2-ONE-5
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
yea this is a ******** question. I dont hear anyone saying this about Isiah Thomas...

Vincent
04-25-2012, 05:57 PM
He's not the worst owner ever, there is still Donald Sterling.

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2012, 06:31 PM
No but Jordan the owner is ruining the legacy of Jordan the owner

Sssmush
04-25-2012, 07:44 PM
It was on first take and Steve A said he thinks it does because he is the greatest basketball player of all time and now the worst owner ever. Do you think this is accurate and down the line do you think people will think Less of Jordan as a player when you factor in how bad he is as an owner?

Jordan was a player?

I thought he just did underwear commercials with Charlie Sheen and own the worst team in the history of basketball.

What team did Jordan play for? I'm guessing he was really bad...?

tr3ymill3r
04-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Nope not at all, however Jordan the player would have ***** slapped Jordan the owner.

Sssmush
04-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Jordan is driving down Nike's stock price

More-Than-Most
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Isiah is an example of what a terrible GM tenure can do for your career. If I say Isiah Thomas you won't think Bad Boy Pistons Isiah, you'll think Knick disaster Isiah.

boom and there it is

k.smith904
04-25-2012, 08:17 PM
lol, Stephen A Smith.

Bruno
04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
no, but it is interesting that MJ was at the helm of the team with the best record in league history, and the worst, in different ways.

jraygoza
04-25-2012, 08:26 PM
He's not the worst owner ever, there is still Donald Sterling.

this!!!! +1

naps
04-25-2012, 09:25 PM
NO WAY!!

And anyone who's pointing out CBA crap here don't you know Jordan is the greatest competitor ever? The guy wants to win at EVERYTHING? Before, he led the players because he was a player. Now he an owner and he's led what's best for the owners. It's a business and he's trying to win what's best for him. It doesn't hurt his legacy at the slightest. End of all, they guy wants to win in whatever role he has. That's why he's the undisputed GOAT.

blastmasta26
04-25-2012, 09:42 PM

Might've hurt his image, but his legacy as a player was unaffected. Isiah is still regarded as an all time great PG.

LongWayFromHome
04-26-2012, 02:29 AM
It only hurts the way someone views his legacy (but i guess that's all that matters).

You have to admit if he had never done anything in the FO people would be raving about how they wish Jordan would be a GM/Owner/Coach. To see him fail like this has definitely made him seem mortal. Which as a player, he always seemed immortal.

admarket
04-26-2012, 04:04 AM

don't think so... Jordan will always be remembered as The Greatest. :clap:

Hugbees
04-26-2012, 04:22 AM
wtf?

setman2000
04-26-2012, 04:50 AM
He showed what a joke of a person he was during the strike when as a owner he contradicted everything he stood for as a player going through a strike years ago. Totally threw the players under the bus. Worst owner in the league - degenerate gambler - has turned himself into a joke.

gwrighter
04-26-2012, 06:20 AM
**** no

stawka
04-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Yeah. Jordan was the GOAT before he was an owner - now he's just gonna be remembered as a scrub (sarcasm)

He was a great player and that's what we love him for. Who cares what he fails with after that

theheatles
04-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Jordan the degenerate gambler hurt his legacy by gambling with the wrong ppl and not paying up...leading to the murder of his pops

sp1derm00
04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Jordan the degenerate gambler hurt his legacy by gambling with the wrong ppl and not paying up...leading to the murder of his pops

the **** is wrong with you