PDA

View Full Version : NY Knicks: stay at 7th or go for 8th?

Pages : [1] 2

LakersIn5
04-25-2012, 07:00 AM
if you are the knicks would you try to maintain the 7th seed and face a healthy heat team that you have struggled with the entire season or try to fall to no.8 to face a bulls team with an injured rose and a team that you have played well against in the regular season?

or pray to the basketball gods that the magic end the bobcats 21 game losing streak and for them to win their games vs the clippers and bobcats :D

FraziersKnicks
04-25-2012, 07:23 AM
I think we stand a better chance against the Bulls, still a very slim one at that, but a better chance nonetheless.

Antipod
04-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Gimi an injured Rose, but on the other hand, Bulls will out rebound us by 15 boards a game.
Either way/team, taking them to a game 7 would be huge

jp611
04-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Lose either way really, I'm not sure why the Knicks would want to face us anyway, we're going to slaughter them on the boards every night and they won't stand a chance... At least against Miami they stand a chance cuz they could outrebound them and keep themselves in games... We've seen that the Knicks have to play perfect basketball and the Bulls have to play garbage and be injured and melo has to score 40+ and hit heroic shots to barely beat the Bulls at home... All I have to say is be careful who you wish for

BearsBullsSox
04-25-2012, 07:47 AM
^^^Yes correct, Knicks are 1-7 combined against Chicago/Miami and yet people STILL hype them up. Had Deng and Rose made their FT's, the Knicks wouldnt have won ONE SINGLE GAME against either Chicago/Miami this season. They spent the entire season getting raped by elite teams. Their overall record against playoff teams is BELOW .500 both Chicago/Miami are well over .500 against playoff teams.

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Bulls fans shouldn't be in here running their mouths, pretty sure we did well against Miami last year and got brushed aside in the playoffs. How about we win and then talk?

Signed,

A Bulls fan.

bholly
04-25-2012, 07:55 AM
I don't think it's entirely up to them. If Philly lose out, we get the 8th regardless of what NYK do. We have @MIL and @DET, games where we're likely underdogs anyway, and we're resting Iggy, Thad Young, Elton Brand, and maybe Lou Williams.
The idea of our opponents out-tanking us worries me, but I'm not sure they have all that much incentive to - both are unlikely to gain anything from it.

The Knicks might prefer Chicago. Sixers fans certainly do (although I haven't seen any indication the team do). I don't think it'll be up to them, though - we're a really good chance of losing out and ensuring the 8th.

meloman1592
04-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Heat fans think the Knicks have a better chance vs the Bulls, and Bulls fans think the Knicks stand a better chance vs the Heat. Idc who my Knicks face honestly. Neither seems dominant like they were last season.....just my opinion

nycericanguy
04-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Lose either way really, I'm not sure why the Knicks would want to face us anyway, we're going to slaughter them on the boards every night and they won't stand a chance... At least against Miami they stand a chance cuz they could outrebound them and keep themselves in games... We've seen that the Knicks have to play perfect basketball and the Bulls have to play garbage and be injured and melo has to score 40+ and hit heroic shots to barely beat the Bulls at home... All I have to say is be careful who you wish for

Knicks played perfect basketball that day? They were crushed on the boards, they shot 38%, 23% from 3, and JR Smith went 6 for 22!

Thats perfect basketball to you? :facepalm:

Take your homer glasses off man.

How about saying CHI shot better from the field, better from 3, better from the FT, CRUSHED NY on the boards, and STILL lost that game.

not to mention there was no Stat or Lin

theheatles
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Knicks wish they could tank to play the bulls but if the knicks lose on purpose, so will the 6ers because they don't want any part of miami

QueensG
04-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Knicks played perfect basketball that day? They were crushed on the boards, they shot 38%, 23% from 3, and JR Smith went 6 for 22!

Thats perfect basketball to you? :facepalm:

Take your homer glasses off man.

How about saying CHI shot better from the field, better from 3, better from the FT, CRUSHED NY on the boards, and STILL lost that game.

not to mention there was no Stat or Lin[/QUOTE]

thank you!!!! why do these non knick fans start this thread anyway?! to bash us left and right...**** I don't care who we face! we have to play them eventually..bulls fans talking greezy..like you said we didn't have Stat or Lin so melo single handidly shitted on the bulls...point blank they can't stop melo AND we have Stat back...I hope we play the bulls so I can start a thread saying I told you so when we beat the bull *****

airronijordan
04-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Lol at these bulls fans

3 out of the 4 games were decided by less than 5 points. You guys act like you'd blow us out

thenyknicks
04-25-2012, 08:20 AM
this is pretty much a lose lose situation. on one hand there is extreme talent from 2 superstars that can get whatever they want against anybody. on the other hand you got a rebounding juggernaut/hustle machine that executes extremely well.
we are a team thats just coming together. coming back from injuries. still trying to gel. it looks to be a hard task to get to the level of the bulls or the heat in such a shot period of time. we also have problems at pg.
basically we need to hit on all cylinders from the getgo and hope we give the heat or the bulls some unforseen problems and they choke.

QueensG
04-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Lol at these bulls fans

3 out of the 4 games were decided by less than 5 points. You guys act like you'd blow us out

shows how out of touch they are and who really is hyped up...the bulls are the worst top seeded team I have ever seen! real talk..their game is ugly like dengs mug

MSG34
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Go for the 6th seed ? Laying down never sends the right message

QueensG
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
this is pretty much a lose lose situation. on one hand there is extreme talent from 2 superstars that can get whatever they want against anybody. on the other hand you got a rebounding juggernaut/hustle machine that executes extremely well.
we are a team thats just coming together. coming back from injuries. still trying to gel. it looks to be a hard task to get to the level of the bulls or the heat in such a shot period of time. we also have problems at pg.
basically we need to hit on all cylinders from the getgo and hope we give the heat or the bulls some unforseen problems and they choke.

cmon man...smh where's your faith in the team? you sound pretty pathetic

jp611
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Bulls are not the worst top seeded team... They play historically amazing defense... The Knicks dont stand a chance because the Bulls are going to outrebound them by 10-15 each and every night... The Knicks can steal a game but it won't be a threat with their putrid rebounding

quade36
04-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Lol at these bulls fans

Lol at still overrating the Knicks. They aren't a very good team. If any teams in the East can upset the Heat or Bulls it would probably be Boston or Indiana.

jp611
04-25-2012, 08:26 AM
The Knicks are 4 games above .500... The Bulls are 30 games above .500

Bulls_fan90
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Lol at these bulls fans

There's a reason why the Knicks are the 7/8th seed. Not sure why Knicks fans think they stand a chance against either Miami or Chicago. Have they been saving something for the playoffs?

QueensG
04-25-2012, 08:29 AM

enjoy your star d rose for now..his hercky jercky game will only last so long until his body breaks down which has already begun..and he's what..23? goodluck

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-25-2012, 08:33 AM
doesnt really matter, knicks have no chance against either team

QueensG
04-25-2012, 08:33 AM
im going to just say this...its always sweeter when you win as the underdog...I wouldn't have it any other way...lets go!

YoungOne
04-25-2012, 08:34 AM
when the knicks get swept in the first round it will all be on the refs....

nycsports2
04-25-2012, 08:37 AM
have a chance against both so doesnt matter to me. i guess id take bulls if a had to choose cuz rose isnt the same but were not full strength either losing lin was huge unfortunatley have to wait until next season to see the real knicks roster

thenyknicks
04-25-2012, 08:37 AM

i have faith in my knicks but i can't forget how our season has gone compared to miami's or chicago's. there is really no comparison. we are the underdog. which is not a bad thing to claim to be.

QueensG
04-25-2012, 08:39 AM
heat and bulls fans really think their untouchable...that's great because its going to hurt more when you lose

DaBear
04-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Bulls fans shouldn't be in here running their mouths, pretty sure we did well against Miami last year and got brushed aside in the playoffs. How about we win and then talk?

Signed,

A Bulls fan.

Why do we need to win a title to prove we can beat the Knicks? :facepalm:

You sound like an idiot Bulls fan. Miami didn't win anything last year and they still run their mouths too.

DaBear
04-25-2012, 08:42 AM
im going to just say this...its always sweeter when you win as the underdog...I wouldn't have it any other way...lets go!

Well this is not the year for that. Sorry..

VillaMaravilla
04-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Knicks wish they could tank to play the bulls but if the knicks lose on purpose, so will the 6ers because they don't want any part of miami

Really? thats why we beat Atlanta dont you think we would of just sat out out players and lost that game if we were looking to "tank"

Becks2307
04-25-2012, 08:45 AM
You guys are hilarious throwing around these season records.

I don't know how its not obvious that the current Knicks team is absolutely nothing like the Knicks team under D'antoni.

Im not saying we are going to beat the Bulls or Miami but our season record is in no way an indication of where we are as a team right now.

We had each of our "stars" out for considerable time.
Mid season coach change
plus Steve Novak and Jr Smith, some of our most important players weren't even on the team till a couple of months ago.

But whatever I don't care who we face, what we have done in the last month has been really fun to watch. Great D, Melo playing like a beast, and we haven't lost 2 in a row in 20 something games. Because we have been fighting to get in, we have been forced to play in playoff atmospheres for a while now and we have responded well and I couldn't be more proud of my city and my team.

QueensG
04-25-2012, 08:46 AM

Signed,

A Bulls fan.

You sound like an idiot Bulls fan. Miami didn't win anything last year and they still run their mouths too.

your mad at the only sensible bulls fan here lol...I think he made a great comparison...you did well against the heat last year like you did well against the Knicks this year...hes basically stating that what you did during the season has no real meaning to what you can do in the playoffs cause you still lost against the heat last year in 5 games...he never said you needed to win a title..anyone can get beat..period

Knicks21
04-25-2012, 08:47 AM

The Knicks are .761 Winning percentage since the Woodson took over, but of course this is the exact same team as the 8-15 team at the start of the year. Heck even compare them to last year, same team!

Oh and your defence isn't 'historically amazing', otherwise the celtics of this year would qualify for that as well.

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 08:47 AM

Signed,

A Bulls fan.

:clap:

jp611
04-25-2012, 08:49 AM
I agree the Knicks have played better as of late and because of that I'd rather face the Sixers... We know that melo can heat up and make it a series, I'd rather face the team that faded down the stretch than the one who has played good ball down the stretch

That being said. I just don't think the Knicks match up well against the Bulls... The bulls will destroy them on the boards every game and the Knicks just don't worry me very much at all

jp611
04-25-2012, 08:50 AM

The Knicks are .761 Winning percentage since the Woodson took over, but of course this is the exact same team as the 8-15 team at the start of the year. Heck even compare them to last year, same team!

Oh and your defence isn't 'historically amazing', otherwise the celtics of this year would qualify for that as well.

No, they wouldn't at all.

Bulls_fan90
04-25-2012, 08:54 AM

:clap::clap:

QueensG
under woodson we had the top defense in the league..

jp611

:clap::clap:

:yawn:

jp611
under woodson we had the top defense in the league..

Against who? Bottom feeders?

oak2455
04-25-2012, 08:55 AM
This thread will be funny if they actually win out......you never know .... I just hope MJ and Scottie don't go off on the Knicks:rolleyes:

Slimsim
04-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Miami > bulls

gimme me the baby bulls

oak2455
04-25-2012, 08:56 AM

I know under Woodson they beat the Bulls.... You're funny though keep it up...:clap:

jp611
04-25-2012, 08:58 AM
And to the guy who said the Bulls aren't a historically good defense, they have allowed under 70 points like 8 times this season... Tell me that's not suffocating defense

Bulls_fan90
:yawn:

:yawn: :yawn:

jp611

I know under Woodson they beat the Bulls.... You're funny though keep it up...:clap:

They went 1-1 and it took a terrible first quarter and some big time heroics from melo to win the game AT HOME... Good for you

QueensG
04-25-2012, 08:59 AM
This thread will be funny if they actually win out......you never know .... I just hope MJ and Scottie don't go off on the Knicks:rolleyes:

lol you know if they had those guys on the team I would understand where their coming from but since rose is coming off a back injury who do they think will do it to us? korver haahaa...good thing they can rebound cause the bulls throw up bricks

Bulls_fan90
04-25-2012, 08:59 AM
And to the guy who said the Bulls aren't a historically good defense, they have allowed under 70 points like 8 times this season... Tell me that's not suffocating defense

Why are you wasting your time with sensible arguments? Did you forget you're in the NBA forum.

Linsanittyyy brah. The Knicks are the best 34-30 team ever.

jp611
04-25-2012, 09:04 AM

lol you know if they had those guys on the team I would understand where their coming from but since rose is coming off a back injury who do they think will do it to us? korver haahaa...good thing they can rebound cause the bulls throw up bricks

Defense. Suffocating defense. Depth. A fresh Derrick Rose. Carlos boozer, Luol deng, joakim Noah, rip Hamilton. This bulls team isn't 32 games above .500 on accident

nycsports2
They went 1-1 and it took a terrible first quarter and some big time heroics from melo to win the game AT HOME... Good for you

we beat yall without lin and stat... people forget the knicks have been playing through multiple injuries/coaching change this season. i think theyll be a championship contender next yr but its possible to make some sort of run this yr well see..

YEDN90

When did I say anything about winning a title?

As for Miami running their mouths, whats your point? You're probably one of the one's that gets really irritated with it but then turn around and do the same thing. I'm all for a little trash talk here and there, that's a part of sports, but when our fans come in here and act like there's NO chance the Knicks could beat us it looks ignorant.

Does that mean I dont have confidence in the Bulls? No. I'm just realistic enough to understand that a team could get hot and bounce a top seed out, its happened before and it'll happen again at some point.

The Knicks could get swept and I hope they do, but until they're eliminated and we move on lets just not make our fans look like a bunch of morons.

oak2455
04-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Why are you wasting your time with sensible arguments? Did you forget you're in the NBA forum.

Linsanittyyy brah. The Knicks are the best 34-30 team ever.

I know you won it last year but it's tough to repeat so maybe we can knock off Da Bulls this year ....

Bulls_fan90
we beat yall without lin and stat... people forget the knicks have been playing through multiple injuries/coaching change this season. i think theyll be a championship contender next yr but its possible to make some sort of run this yr well see..

jp611

Your team is better without Lin and Stat... I thought this was well known already... The Knicks actually play defense when amare isn't in the game

effen5
shows how out of touch they are and who really is hyped up...the bulls are the worst top seeded team I have ever seen! real talk..their game is ugly like dengs mug

Honestly I would much rather play ugly than play anything like the Knicks. It really doesn't matter who we play though no team is going to out play the bulls all 7 games, Miami has the talent which gives them the only team in the east to knock us off and that's it.

Btw how many points did the Knicks blow against that win against the bulls? Weren't you guys up by 26 and still lost the lead? I mean seriously you guys are barely 500, inconsistent all year, our third string pg who can get more rebounds then amare, and you guys think you have any shot at us? Maybe the Knicks should take the homer glasses off and see that you guys have a horrible overrated team with a horrendous bench. Man without melo, I don't know if you guys would have a better record than the wizards.

oak2455
04-25-2012, 09:07 AM
He's not a cubs player, he plays for the Tennessee Smokies

I saw the cursed jersey on:D

He115ing
04-25-2012, 09:09 AM

You be careful dude, you are dismissing the Knicks waay too easily.

QueensG
04-25-2012, 09:12 AM

When did I say anything about winning a title?

As for Miami running their mouths, whats your point? You're probably one of the one's that gets really irritated with it but then turn around and do the same thing. I'm all for a little trash talk here and there, that's a part of sports, but when our fans come in here and act like there's NO chance the Knicks could beat us it looks ignorant.

Does that mean I dont have confidence in the Bulls? No. I'm just realistic enough to understand that a team could get hot and bounce a top seed out, its happened before and it'll happen again at some point.

The Knicks could get swept and I hope they do, but until they're eliminated and we move on lets just not make our fans look like a bunch of morons.

its going to be a good series if we do end up playing you guys...I just get mad at the homerism..like someone said here..3 out of the 4 games were decided by.less then 5 points...that's not exactly dominant and doesn't warrant the arrogance..but im glad you see it as a true knowledgeable fan

dbramforskins21
04-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Lol at these bulls fans

It doesnt matter a win is a win...NY fans not just Knicks..Yanks, Mets, Jets, Gmen...yall are sour when yall lose. The fact that my teams in all sports are rivals against a NY team (Skins,6ers,Braves) so I especially get tired of the NY fans. Yall act like when yall win a game, yall goiing to the ship without losing a game or something. I mean for ****s sakes, yall got Melo and Stat, and a good center in Chandler but still nobodys scared of yall. Yall are only 27-20 in conference play..also 13-19 on the road. Still I think if your not a homer and a realistic fan you'd have to say that the fact if their 7th or 8th, they'd lose just like my sixers regardless..Miami and Chi town are on levels of their own. Plus Orlando blows dick so they could be the ones ending up at 7 or 8 since they lost their last 3.

DaBear
04-25-2012, 09:22 AM

Signed,

A Bulls fan.

your mad at the only sensible bulls fan here lol...I think he made a great comparison...you did well against the heat last year like you did well against the Knicks this year...hes basically stating that what you did during the season has no real meaning to what you can do in the playoffs cause you still lost against the heat last year in 5 games...he never said you needed to win a title..anyone can get beat..period

Except last years Heat team was only a few games different in record. Your what? 3 or 4 games over .500? Not impressive..

DaBear
04-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Miami > bulls

gimme me the baby bulls

Bulls >>>> Knicks

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Except last years Heat team was only a few games different in record. Your what? 3 or 4 games over .500? Not impressive..

Point was regardless of regular season, ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs.

Didn't think it was too hard of a concept to grasp, but I guess so.

DaBear
And I will run my mouth as long as NY fans are running their mouth about their .500 hovering team.

QueensG

Honestly I would much rather play ugly than play anything like the Knicks. It really doesn't matter who we play though no team is going to out play the bulls all 7 games, Miami has the talent which gives them the only team in the east to knock us off and that's it.

Btw how many points did the Knicks blow against that win against the bulls? Weren't you guys up by 26 and still lost the lead? I mean seriously you guys are barely 500, inconsistent all year, our third string pg who can get more rebounds then amare, and you guys think you have any shot at us? Maybe the Knicks should take the homer glasses off and see that you guys have a horrible overrated team with a horrendous bench. Man without melo, I don't know if you guys would have a better record than the wizards.

a W is a W...and our bench is not that bad..w.e Bro...keep thinking your going to win every game in the playoffs..like I said..it will make it a lot sweeter for us knick fans..were not the same d dantoni team..you bulls fans are oblivious to that

oak2455
04-25-2012, 09:25 AM
The fact that I'm an Eagles fan makes me non-arrogant, haha.

I just really don't see the point in talking so much trash when it happened last year and we got beaten. I'm not going to say I've NEVER done it, but I try to avoid it.

Eagles vs Cowboys:mad: lol

DaBear
04-25-2012, 09:26 AM

a W is a W...and our bench is not that bad..w.e Bro...keep thinking your going to win every game in the playoffs..like I said..it will make it a lot sweeter for us knick fans..were not the same d dantoni team..you bulls fans are oblivious to that

You're not going to beat the Bulls. Just face it. Your team is NOT that good. Thy are barely above .500 and even with this coaching change are still not better. All you're doing is asking for crow once the playoffs come by.

jp611
04-25-2012, 09:27 AM

Point was regardless of regular season, ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs.

Didn't think it was too hard of a concept to grasp, but I guess so.

Sure anything can happen, but the 8 seed has beaten the 1 seed less than 1 percent of the time, I just don't see it happening

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Eagles vs Cowboys:mad: lol

Eagles vs Cowboys
Bulls vs Knicks
Devils vs Rangers

YANKEES!

Despite our differences Oak I will always love you non-homo sexually...along with our other Yankee forum friends :D

DaBear
04-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Please tank to the 8th seed Knicks please.

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Sure anything can happen, but the 8 seed has beaten the 1 seed less than 1 percent of the time, I just don't see it happening

I don't either, but the over-confidence and arrogance isn't really called for.

I mean who are we, Heat fans? :p

BALLER R
04-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I love the bulls but yall need to stop talking so much trash. Remember the knicks record is very deceiving. What's their record since Woodson took over?

YashBoone
04-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Well as a knick fan I have faith, and Indont really care who we play at this point. During the year, we didn't play well enough to earn a easy playoff road, so do we'll do it the hard way.

But, I wouldn't get all cocky as a bulls fan. All the Knicks bulls games this year were great games and if I were the bulls, I would much rather face the sixers .

But get this, bulls have a great chance of losing to the sixers . That series is not a gimme by any means.

jp611
04-25-2012, 09:32 AM

I don't either, but the over-confidence and arrogance isn't really called for.

I mean who are we, Heat fans? :p

It's not overconfidence and arrogance... I've simply stated my point on why I don't think the Knicks pose much of a threat to the Bulls... Rebounding is extremely important and the Knicks just can't pull down boards against us, barring something very strange happening, the bulls should and will win this series fairly easy

QueensG
04-25-2012, 09:33 AM

You're not going to beat the Bulls. Just face it. Your team is NOT that good. Thy are barely above .500 and even with this coaching change are still not better. All you're doing is asking for crow once the playoffs come by.

how are you going to say were not better when you love throwing statistics around..were "statistically" better with woodson..are you ********...why should I be listening to you anyway..let the play do the talking..your just talking **** like every other nobody bulls fan in here..gimme the baby bulls...Knicks will be your matador

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
It's not overconfidence and arrogance... I've simply stated my point on why I don't think the Knicks pose much of a threat to the Bulls... Rebounding is extremely important and the Knicks just can't pull down boards against us, barring something very strange happening, the bulls should and will win this series fairly easy

I wasn't directing that at you, you're a respectful poster.

I was talking about some of the Bulls fans in here "OMGZ we beat you 3 out of 4 you suck lulz you have no chance! Drop dead!"

Obvious exaggeration, but you get the point (I hope!)

jp611
04-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I get your point

QueensG
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
ight im out before I get infracted lol...Knicks in 6..peace!

Htownballa1622
04-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Bulls fans:

The bulls are not untouchable. Will knicks beat the bulls? Not likely, but don't act like they're supreme to everyone.

Anyone of Miami, Boston,spurs, thunder, pacers, and lakers can POTENTIALLY beat the bulls.

THEY ARE NOT UNTOUCHABLE.

sharqstealth
04-25-2012, 09:47 AM

Really??? And you think it's not overconfidence and arrogance? Who do you think your Bulls are? the gods of the NBA?

meloman1592
04-25-2012, 09:50 AM
The arrogance of bulls fans is mind boggling. The heat made it further than them last year yet they talk more ****....we'll see what happens

meloman1592
04-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Bulls fans:

The bulls are not untouchable. Will knicks beat the bulls? Not likely, but don't act like they're supreme to everyone.

Anyone of Miami, Boston,spurs, thunder, pacers, and lakers can POTENTIALLY beat the bulls.

THEY ARE NOT UNTOUCHABLE.

This!!!!!!!!

oak2455
04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Eagles vs Cowboys
Bulls vs Knicks
Devils vs Rangers

YANKEES!

Despite our differences Oak I will always love you non-homo sexually...along with our other Yankee forum friends :D

:cheers::hi5::up:: go in the Yankee game thread some guy is saying we should've landed Yu lmao.... Going forward Rangers vs Devils would be epic!!!

jp611
04-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Not one Bulls fan truly believes this team is untouchable, I think most of us are pretty concerned with the injuries we've sustained all year... But when it comes to matchups the Knicks just dont match up well against the bulls because of the rebounding and defense

Htownballa1622
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Not one Bulls fan truly believes this team is untouchable, I think most of us are pretty concerned with the injuries we've sustained all year... But when it comes to matchups the Knicks just dont match up well against the bulls because of the rebounding and defense

Then don't get offended when knicks fans would rather face the bulls. Its not a knock on your team, they just feel Miami would be tougher.

But to say the knicks stand no chance if they'd played is asinine.

Da Knicks
04-25-2012, 10:08 AM

Signed,

A Bulls fan.

much respect sir...

jp611
I'm not offended, be careful what you wish for though, the Knicks match up much better against the heat than they do the bulls... It just shows lack of knowledge to want to face a team you don't match up with against at all... Probably the same guys who still watch Sportscenter

YashBoone

The worst part of this statement is that the only reason is really just because of effort.

Thibs gets the bulls to play harder then the other team on most nights which is huge because a great deal of defense and rebounding is just hustle.

That said, the Knicks have the potential to match up with the bulls better then most teams.

Chandler is better then noah
Amare is better then boozer, although boozer gets the edge in defense but not by much, especially when amare plays cause he seems to never play d on amare an amare has great games against booz

Anyway melo greater then very one your team has to offer.

Shump plays awesome d on your savior rose.

Novak is better then Korver.

We match up better then you think.

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 10:10 AM
:cheers::hi5::up:: go in the Yankee game thread some guy is saying we should've landed Yu lmao.... Going forward Rangers vs Devils would be epic!!!

Rangers Devils would be amazing! And now I have to go fight the idiot in the IGT!

much respect sir...

Thank you

jp611
04-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Amare is not better than Boozer, especially this season... Chandler may be better than noah, but not by much... Shumpert does not play awesome d on rose, he made a few good plays but he still scored 25 plus in each game he was actually playing in

oak2455
04-25-2012, 10:11 AM
The worst part of this statement is that the only reason is really just because of effort.

Thibs gets the bulls to play harder then the other team on most nights which is huge because a great deal of defense and rebounding is just hustle.

That said, the Knicks have the potential to match up with the bulls better then most teams.

Chandler is better then noah
Amare is better then boozer, although boozer gets the edge in defense but not by much, especially when amare plays cause he seems to never play d on amare an amare has great games against booz

Anyway melo greater then very one your team has to offer.

Shump plays awesome d on your savior rose.

Novak is better then Korver.

We match up better then you think.

I couldn't agree more if we hit the boards more this can be one hell of a series ..... You never know!

jp611
04-25-2012, 10:12 AM
And Novak is not better than korver, sorry he just isn't... Korver has actually picked it up on the defensive end and Novak may be the worst defender in the league

oak2455
04-25-2012, 10:15 AM
And Novak is not better than korver, sorry he just isn't... Korver has actually picked it up on the defensive end and Novak may be the worst defender in the league

Come on worse defender, really ... I think Korver is the ugliest Player in the league.....lol

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Cant we all just get along and hate on Miami? :cool:

oak2455
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Rangers Devils would be amazing! And now I have to go fight the idiot in the IGT!

Thank you

What is IGT( sorry should I know)?

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Come on worse defender, really ... I think Korver is the ugliest Player in the league.....lol

Deng.

oak2455
04-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Cant we all just get along and hate on Miami? :cool:

I dislike everything Miami except the Gals:D

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 10:18 AM
What is IGT( sorry should I know)?

In Game Thread.

C'mon Oak!

DieHardColtsfan
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Amare is not better than Boozer, especially this season... Chandler may be better than noah, but not by much... Shumpert does not play awesome d on rose, he made a few good plays but he still scored 25 plus in each game he was actually playing in

Chandler is better by a fair margin IMO.

Novak is a much better shooter that Korver IMO.

oak2455
In Game Thread.

C'mon Oak!

Lol too much allergy medication

Nycbball08

So arrogant, it's not like the bulls are gonna win the championship anyway....

YEDN90
04-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Care to give me lotto numbers while you're at it?

Bulls are a good team, very capable.

YashBoone
04-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Amate has had a tough season, but that still didn't stop him from going off on Booz .

I admit rose is probably one of the hardest player to guard in the nba , but Shump plays as good as anyone can on him.

And Korver? C'mon son. The man looks like he's made out of plastic. Like he should be married to Barbie or something.

Novak is a way better shooter then Korver without question.

Beltrans Mole
So arrogant, it's not like the bulls are gonna win the championship anyway....

LOL are you really surprised? It's jpro...he's the biggest Chicago homer on PSD, and that's saying something. He thinks the Bulls are God's gift to Earth. While they are a great team, they surely can be beaten. Especially if Rose is banged up. But what do I know? I'm just a typical, annoying, loud NY fan who has no sense of reality in my big NY bubble...

jp611

Chandler can dunk and only dunk and play defense... Noah can play d, pass, dunk, shoot the J, hit free throws, erc. It's closer than you think

And korver and Novak are both sharp shooters, Novak is not much better, tey both shoot high percentages from 3

teddygreen17
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Let's be honest. If the Knicks played up to their potential vs the other teams playing up to their potential..the Knicks would win..The Bulls would not be dynamic enough outside of Rose and the Heat simply have nothing outside of Wade, Lebron, and Bosh...their bench is horrible..did anyone see that Boston game last night. Knicks will inevitably lose to both teams because the KNICKS are inconsistent, not because the other teams are so much better than them talent, skill or depth wise.

bucketss
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM

doesnt korver have the nba record in three point shooting percentage? either way i wouldnt say novak is a "much" better shooter.

jp611
04-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Novak shoots 46 from 3 this year, korver shoots 43 from 3 this year... Much better :rolleyes:

jp611
04-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Let's be honest. If the Knicks played up to their potential vs the other teams playing up to their potential..the Knicks would win..The Bulls would not be dynamic enough outside of Rose and the Heat simply have nothing outside of Wade, Lebron, and Bosh...their bench is horrible..did anyone see that Boston game last night. Knicks will inevitably lose to both teams because the KNICKS are inconsistent, not because the other teams are so much better than them talent, skill or depth wise.

:laugh:

And they're 34-30 why?

oak2455
04-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Care to give me lotto numbers while you're at it?

Bulls are a good team, very capable.

2 13 24 25 52 55 why those numbers Yankees infield and CC on the bump

bucketss
04-25-2012, 10:34 AM
the heat win game 1 i guarantee you 100% you guys will be blaming the refs

meloman1592
04-25-2012, 10:39 AM
So people give Utah a fighting chance vs the spurs but the Knicks have no shot vs Miami or Chicago ? :rolleyes:

DieHardColtsfan
04-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Novak shoots 46 from 3 this year, korver shoots 43 from 3 this year... Much better :rolleyes:

Kyle Korver is averaging 22.6 minutes per game. Whereas Steve Novak is averaging 18.5 minutes. As you pointed out, Novak’s 3pt percentage is 3 points higher. IMO, I believe that is much better when you factor in the minutes played. Novak is the more effective & efficient shooter with the time he gets on the court.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I don't know why, but I just think Knicks have a better chance against the Heat than the Bulls. The Bulls are a better team all around and a better defensive team. They'll give KNicks some fits in a 7 game series. Thibs will probably make better adjustments than Spo as the series goes on.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 10:52 AM

I think this is a pretty false statement.

The Bulls are really dynamic because they play on both ends of the court and they have different ways of attacking on offense.

The Knicks will eventually lose to the Bulls/Heat because they aren't as talented as the Bulls/Heat.

Their players are one-dimensional specialists, and have troubles getting into consistent offensive sets because they lack a healthy consistent point guard.

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 10:53 AM
You guys are hilarious throwing around these season records.

I don't know how its not obvious that the current Knicks team is absolutely nothing like the Knicks team under D'antoni.

Im not saying we are going to beat the Bulls or Miami but our season record is in no way an indication of where we are as a team right now.

We had each of our "stars" out for considerable time.
Mid season coach change
plus Steve Novak and Jr Smith, some of our most important players weren't even on the team till a couple of months ago.

But whatever I don't care who we face, what we have done in the last month has been really fun to watch. Great D, Melo playing like a beast, and we haven't lost 2 in a row in 20 something games. Because we have been fighting to get in, we have been forced to play in playoff atmospheres for a while now and we have responded well and I couldn't be more proud of my city and my team.
Your team is better with amare out and melo at the 4

LOL are you really surprised? It's jpro...he's the biggest Chicago homer on PSD, and that's saying something. He thinks the Bulls are God's gift to Earth. While they are a great team, they surely can be beaten. Especially if Rose is banged up. But what do I know? I'm just a typical, annoying, loud NY fan who has no sense of reality in my big NY bubble...
Yep, bulls fans thought they would murder the heat on the boards last year. How did that work out?

:eyebrow:

doesnt korver have the nba record in three point shooting percentage? either way i wouldnt say novak is a "much" better shooter.
novak>korver when it comes to shooting, bulls fans saying korver are being homers

Thats for sure.

So people give Utah a fighting chance vs the spurs but the Knicks have no shot vs Miami or Chicago ? :rolleyes:
Thats how it works;)

GoferKing_
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I honestly think that NYK can suprise Heat and hand them a quick exit. If they are hot they rain 3's like snowflakes in winter. Plus Melo is now sharp and in shape, no one could gurad him last time they met.

BigBlueCrew
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Kyle Korver is averaging 22.6 minutes per game. Whereas Steve Novak is averaging 18.5 minutes. As you pointed out, Novak’s 3pt percentage is 3 points higher. IMO, I believe that is much better when you factor in the minutes played. Novak is the more effective & efficient shooter with the time he gets on the court.

How dare you use logic on PSD??!?!?!

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I honestly think that NYK can suprise Heat and hand them a quick exit. If they are hot they rain 3's like snowflakes in winter. Plus Melo is now sharp and in shape, no one could gurad him last time they met.

And no one can guard wade or lebron.

DieHardColtsfan
I have no logical arguement, but I think the Knicks have a better chance against Miami. :shrug:

BigBlueCrew

I bet if the Heat lose game 1, you'll be blaming the role players/bench of the Heat.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM
I don't really get why Bulls fans are so upset that the Knicks (and their fans) think they have a chance to upset the Bulls in the first round.

Rose is limping into the playoffs and the starting lineup has been in flux all season long.

Plus, the Knicks have a history of giving the Bulls problems in Chicago and in New York (especially when they get hot from the 3pt line).

Obviously, the Bulls have the advantage, and I think the series would be 4-1 Chicago... but I rather see a struggling 76ers team play the Bulls first round than a re-surging Knicks team. And it's only fair that the Knicks rather see a hobbled Bulls team than a healthy, rested LeBron James.

DieHardColtsfan
04-25-2012, 10:58 AM
how dare you use logic on psd??!?!?!

jp611
04-25-2012, 10:58 AM

Kyle Korver is averaging 22.6 minutes per game. Whereas Steve Novak is averaging 18.5 minutes. As you pointed out, Novak’s 3pt percentage is 3 points higher. IMO, I believe that is much better when you factor in the minutes played. Novak is the more effective & efficient shooter.

4 minutes difference :laugh:

They're both 3 point specialists, Novak is not THAT much better than Korver if he's even better at all, it makes no difference in a Chicago New York series

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't really get why Bulls fans are so upset that the Knicks (and their fans) think they have a chance to upset the Bulls in the first round.

Rose is limping into the playoffs and the starting lineup has been in flux all season long.

Plus, the Knicks have a history of giving the Bulls problems in Chicago and in New York (especially when they get hot from the 3pt line).

Obviously, the Bulls have the advantage, and I think the series would be 4-1 Chicago... but I rather see a struggling 76ers team play the Bulls first round than a re-surging Knicks team. And it's only fair that the Knicks rather see a hobbled Bulls team than a healthy, rested LeBron James.

lol

teddygreen17

And they're 34-30 why?

Because they are inconsistent, injury prone, changed coaches, and with all the off/last-season change they had no chance to mesh in the off-season workout program.

Hope that answers you question.:facepalm:

justinnum1

They're both 3 point specialists, Novak is not THAT much better than Korver if he's even better at all, it makes no difference in a Chicago New York series

Novak is shooting a higher % from 3 and 2, how is kover the better shooter?

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 11:00 AM

And the U.S. Navy has nothing outside of 11 aircraft carriers, 71 nuclear submarines, and 60 destroyers. Nothing!

What more do they need?

jp611
04-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Also 2 years ago Kyle korver broke the NBA record for 3 point percentage in a season, how the **** is it being a homer to say that Korver an Novak are both similar shooters lol, there is not this huge difference at all... Wow people will go to all lengths just to argue against the bulls it's comical

BigBlueCrew
04-25-2012, 11:01 AM
And the U.S. Navy has nothing outside of 11 aircraft carriers, 71 submarines, and 60 destroyers. Nothing!

What more do they need?

A competent coach

jp611
04-25-2012, 11:02 AM

I'm not saying he's better at all lol... I'm just saying that between the 2 they are similar, 3 point shooters have up and down seasons... Korver broke the nba record with like 55 percent from 3 just 2 years ago lol

GoferKing_
04-25-2012, 11:03 AM
And no one can guard wade or lebron.

1 on 1 mos def not, but using team defence they can manage to do that. Woods made them a surprisingly good team in thay department.

teddygreen17
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
And the U.S. Navy has nothing outside of 11 aircraft carriers, 71 nuclear submarines, and 60 destroyers. Nothing!

What more do they need?

They need to rebound and they need a bench..if you havent noticed, this season is condensed...you are going to need bench depth to survive..Chicago has that, the Heat do not. Also they do not rebound very well. They can be had on that end. So you are telling me that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are going to score 90 points every night to get to the conference finals.

Come on man, that's a little much. Remember knicks dont have to stop all 3 guys, they just need to stop one.

In most cases, 1st to 100 wins.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
I have no logical arguement, but I think the Knicks have a better chance against Miami. :shrug:

I think they match up well because Carmelo would force LeBron to play defense (unless they switch Battier onto him, but in that case Melo would abuse Battier).

But I think Miami consistently plays defense better, and would win the games off New York's turnovers leading to fast break opportunities.

DieHardColtsfan
04-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Also 2 years ago Kyle korver broke the NBA record for 3 point percentage in a season, how the **** is it being a homer to say that Korver an Novak are both similar shooters lol, there is not this huge difference at all... Wow people will go to all lengths just to argue against the bulls it's comical

Just giving my opinion.

Btw, this isn't two years ago.

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 11:06 AM
A competent coach

Yea, he didn't game plan to expose lin. Mario chalmers and norris cole made lin look like a JV highschool player. That was all spo's game planning

Vincent
04-25-2012, 11:07 AM

He didn't say that he was, he said he was similar.

jp611
04-25-2012, 11:07 AM

Just giving my opinion.

Btw, this isn't two years ago.

Btw, 3 point shooters just don't get worse, they have up and down seasons percentage wise... Just look at some 3 point specialists and look at their percentages between 40-50 every season

Vincent
04-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Yea, he didn't game plan to expose lin. Mario chalmers and norris cole made lin look like a JV highschool player. That was all spo's game planning

Or it could've been just one game....

justinnum1
They need to rebound and they need a bench..if you havent noticed, this season is condensed...you are going to need bench depth to survive..Chicago has that, the Heat do not. Also they do not rebound very well. They can be had on that end. So you are telling me that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are going to score 90 points every night to get to the conference finals.

Come on man, that's a little much. Remember knicks dont have to stop all 3 guys, they just need to stop one.

They dont need to score 90. they will probably score 60-70, and get 20-25 from the role players. Miami's defense is good enough. You will see soon enough. If knicks chukers aren't making everything they throw up it will be a quick series.

BigBlueCrew

Avery Johnson thinks he stopped Linsanity. I love how all these second/third rate coaches think they stopped Linsanity. Makes me laugh.

teddygreen17
I love Novak, but Korver is better because he is more athletic (and faster). Korver has a quicker release and can get his shot off in less space.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:09 AM

hmmm.. sound familar???

hypocrisy at it's finest...

i guess that's a good attitude considering you don't have a choice in the matter... but, i'd be willing to bet you'd take the knicks at #1 with the bulls at #8 just fine...

sharqstealth
04-25-2012, 11:09 AM

And they're 34-30 why?

If you are really following the NBA and to say you have the knowledge to analyze then why don't you get this???

That 34-30 record is not who the Knicks are right now... That record had much to do with D'Antoni's stubborn coaching... Now the team is 16-6 under Woodson and since haven't loss twice in a row, they are holding opponents to fewer points than ever before, had lost in its home only once and Melo has been on a tear and is close to averaging 30pts (since woody). Do you really think that 16-6 Knicks of Mike Woodson is the same as the 18-24 Knicks of D'Antoni and they haven't really improved that much???

teddygreen17
04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
They dont need to score 90. they will probably score 60-70, and get 20-25 from the role players. Miami's defense is good enough. You will see soon enough. If knicks chukers aren't making everything they throw up it will be a quick series.

I believe you. Miami will end up winning for the same reason I felt all year...Knicks simply turn the ball over too much, which in this case will feed the beast. Also, if JR Smith goes AWAL, we're done.

jp611
04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
They have improved but not that drastically where they are championship contenders... Maybe next season with a good offseason but not yet

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
If you are really following the NBA and to say you have the knowledge to analyze then why don't you get this???

That 34-30 record is not who the Knicks are right now... That record had much to do with D'Antoni's stubborn coaching... Now the team is 16-6 under Woodson and since haven't loss twice in a row, they are holding opponents to fewer points than ever before, had lost in its home only once and Melo has been on a tear and is close to averaging 30pts (since woody). Do you really think that 16-6 Knicks of Mike Woodson is the same as the 18-24 Knicks of D'Antoni and they haven't really improved that much???

Obviously the knicks are better under woody(mostly because melo is actually trying and they played a bunch of gams without stat). He uses that 34-30 record because it makes the knicks look worse

sharqstealth
04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Obviously the knicks are better under woody(mostly because melo is actually trying and they played a bunch of gams without stat). He uses that 34-30 record because it makes the knicks look worse

Exactly!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Jpro, and BearsBullsSox sound hella mad hahaha. If y'all are so confident, that you crush us... why sound so upset?

I think I'd rather play Miami. Not, that we'd beat them in a series.

meloman1592

And they're 34-30 why?

If you believe they're as good as they're record, I don't respect your basketball knowledge

gotoHcarolina52

Bench depth is important during a condensed regular season, far less so during the playoffs. And Miami isn't as poor a rebounding team as you think. They can keep the rebounding margin respectable most nights, even against the best rebounding team in the league.

Against the Bulls 2011 ECF:
Game 1 = Bulls +12
Game 2 = HEAT +4
Game 3 =Bulls +9
Game 4 = Bulls +1
Game 5 = Bulls +3

Series per-game averages: Bulls (42.8)/ HEAT (38.6)

Against the Bulls this year:
Jan 29th = HEAT +1
March 14th = Bulls +16
April 12th = Bulls +4
April 19th = HEAT +8

Series per-game averages: Bulls (45.5)/ HEAT (42)

And that's against the best rebounding team in the league by a wide margin.

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Bench depth is important during a condensed regular season, far less so during the playoffs. And Miami isn't as poor a rebounding team as you think.

Game 1 = Bulls +12
Game 2 = HEAT +4
Game 3 =Bulls +9
Game 4 = Bulls +1
Game 5 = Bulls +3

Jan 29th = HEAT +1
March 14th = Bulls +16
April 12th = Bulls +4
April 19th = HEAT +8

Great post, pretty much the bulls need to out rebound miami by 10+ to win.

jp611
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Jpro, and BearsBullsSox sound hella mad hahaha. If y'all are so confident, that you crush us... why sound so upset?

I think I'd rather play Miami. Not, that we'd beat them in a series.

Yup, so mad my team got the first seed despite so many injuries this season, just furious

jp611
04-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Bench depth is important during a condensed regular season, far less so during the playoffs. And Miami isn't as poor a rebounding team as you think.

Game 1 = Bulls +12
Game 2 = HEAT +4
Game 3 =Bulls +9
Game 4 = Bulls +1
Game 5 = Bulls +3

Jan 29th = HEAT +1
March 14th = Bulls +16
April 12th = Bulls +4
April 19th = HEAT +8

Great post, pretty much the bulls need to out rebound miami by 10+ to win.

Which isn't really hard to do

mjm07
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Or it could've been just one game....

Lin is good but the HEAT flat out made him look silly and shut him down. It wasn't just one game. But we won't know till next season anyway.

I want the Knicks in the 1st. Will make it that much sweeter as we drop all of our major EC rivals round by round.

Till we get to the finals...then :shrug:

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan

How dare you use logic on PSD??!?!?!

now this is funny...

i never knew there was a correlation between 3 pt. percentage and playing time... oh, there isn't...

and 4 minutes isn't that big of a difference...

they both shoot 6fga a game...

they are absolutely comparible... one could make the argument that korver offers more than shooting, so he stays on the floor longer... the bulls use korver as a decoy and a fascilator much more than novak as well... kk 1.7 apg vs. sn 0.2 apg...

i'd take kk over novak any day of the week... even with is 3% less 3p%...

sharqstealth
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Yup, so mad my team got the first seed despite so many injuries this season, just furious

Your team is only as good as the regular season... Just like last year, you got the no.1 seed in the playoffs but did it took you to the place where you should be?:p

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM

Yet they only managed to do it once in their five playoff games against the HEAT, the only game they managed to win.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
If you believe they're as good as they're record, I don't respect your basketball knowledge

if you believe the bulls couldn't have had a better record this year than they have, then how can i respect your knowledge either??

significant injuries to our backcourt which include the reigning mvp... about 80 games missed by starters this year due to injury...

bucketss
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM

depth matter really more in the regular season, in the playoffs its when the stars shine and the rotations are tighter, and i dont know why you think miami cant ride on their stars they did all the way to the finals last year only losing 3 games before the finals.

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM

:laugh2: sure.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
:laugh2: sure.

well, if bosh is injured or incapacitated, i like the heats' chances better to battle the boards...

Vincent
04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Lin is good but the HEAT flat out made him look silly and shut him down. It wasn't just one game. But we won't know till next season anyway.

I want the Knicks in the 1st. Will make it that much sweeter as we drop all of our major EC rivals round by round.

I think Lin has potential to be pretty good next year, and certainly wasn't as bad as he played in Miami.

I actually think LeBron and Chalmers did fantastic against him and reading the sets that the Knicks were running. And I think the pressure just got to him (in a big game on the road).

The gameplan was solid, but Lin seemed like he was on an island out there that game (especially without Carmelo).

Shmontaine
depth matter really more in the regular season, in the playoffs its when the stars shine and the rotations are tighter, and i dont know why you think miami cant ride on their stars they did all the way to the finals last year only losing 3 games before the finals.

you are correct, but when the series get longer, the players will tire more... much like the finals...

MrfadeawayJB
I think they have a better chance vs the heat

Chalmers=Davis
Wade>Fields
Lebron>Melo
Haslem<Amare
Anthony<Chandler

advantage goes to knicks in rebounding, while Melo and Lebron may cancel each other out in scoring.

However the benches are close too. The bulls reserves go much deeper and would tear up the knicks, but the knicks can score with JR Smith in their second unit. Miami does not have much scoring off the bench

LongIslandIcedZ
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
This is quite a 3 way dance among fan bases. I don't think the Knicks have a chance against Miami and only have a slight chance against Chicago. Either way I am very excited for the playoffs and looking forward to a hopeful upset.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM

Chalmers=Davis
Wade>Fields
Lebron>Melo
Haslem<Amare
Anthony<Chandler

advantage goes to knicks in rebounding, while Melo and Lebron may cancel each other out in scoring.

However the benches are close too. The bulls reserves go much deeper and would tear up the knicks, but the knicks can score with JR Smith in their second unit. Miami does not have much scoring off the bench

lol did Bosh die?

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM

Chalmers=Davis
Wade>Fields
Lebron>Melo
Haslem<Amare
Anthony<Chandler

i think that a ny/mia series would be much more entertaining than a ny/chi series...

i'll admit, i'm biased here...

mjm07
04-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I think Lin has potential to be pretty good next year, and certainly wasn't as bad as he played in Miami.

I actually think LeBron and Chalmers did fantastic against him and reading the sets that the Knicks were running. And I think the pressure just got to him (in a big game on the road).

The gameplan was solid, but Lin seemed like he was on an island out there that game (especially without Carmelo).

Good point.

Shmontaine
lol did Bosh die?

not sure about bosh, tbh... they said a hamstring fatigue or something like that... not really good going into the playoffs...

Evolution23
Bulls and Heat fans want no part of the Knicks in the 1st round. They try to act over confident in these forums and but I've talked to real fans and they are worried about playing us.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Bulls and Heat fans want no part of the Knicks in the 1st round. They try to act over confident in these forums and but I've talked to real fans and they are worried about playing us.

compared to the sixers... yes, 100%... worried about losing, not at all

i think the bulls and knicks play similar ball to an extent, the bulls just do it much better...

teddygreen17
04-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Are the Bulls and Heat better teams than the Knicks at this point..yes. Are the Knicks going to just fold up like a lot of these Heat and Bulls lovers on here think no. All the games will be close. As a Knicks fan, that's all I can really ask...this is not the season for the Knicks to be honest..its next year. BUT...the Knicks do have a chance to get a few games from both series opponents...BUT then again..lets hope we beat the Clippers tonight and Orlando loses.

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
not sure about bosh, tbh... they said a hamstring fatigue or something like that... not really good going into the playoffs...

lol, you just better hope bosh doesnt avg 60% from the field vs the bulls again.

BlinkManJan02
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
I voted 7th seed.

Evolution23
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
compared to the sixers... yes, 100%... worried about losing, not at all

i think the bulls and knicks play similar ball to an extent, the bulls just do it much better...

Bulls have great defense and rebounding but the Knicks defense has been top 5 in the league since Woodsons arrival and we already know the Knicks have the firepower to beat any team on any given night. This series will come down to bench production.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:50 AM
lol, you just better hope bosh doesnt avg 60% from the field vs the bulls again.

fair enough... but the heat seem to be masking his injury... what do you know about it??.

they said it was muscle fatigue... then they said more hamstring...

Vincent
04-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Well someone's gotta play them.

I think both team would much rather play the 76ers, because they've been struggling.

But I don't think the Knicks are a harder out than Boston, Atlanta, or Indy.

Both teams would just rather have an easier first round.

JordansBulls
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
if you are the knicks would you try to maintain the 7th seed and face a healthy heat team that you have struggled with the entire season or try to fall to no.8 to face a bulls team with an injured rose and a team that you have played well against in the regular season?

or pray to the basketball gods that the magic end the bobcats 21 game losing streak and for them to win their games vs the clippers and bobcats :D

I'd say the Heat, because generally speaking Melo outplays Lebron head to head.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Bulls have great defense and rebounding but the Knicks defense has been top 5 in the league since Woodsons arrival and we already know the Knicks have the firepower to beat any team on any given night. This series will come down to bench production.

if that's the case, i think bulls win handily... the knicks don't the defense on the bench that is needed...

but, i think the team that avoids the lulls will win, which is why i think the bulls take it... knicks still go through extended droughts throughout any given game...

aztr0
04-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I would like to see them face the Heat.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I would like to see them face the Heat.

+1... the tougher the road the heat take, the better imo...

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 11:55 AM
heat -knicks first round, cant see it any other way.

i think we will see a orlnado win tonight which locks them in the 6 seed.

a NY win tonight locks them in the 7 seed

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 11:56 AM
+1... the tougher the road the heat take, the better imo...

Ironically enough, I feel the same way. No easy outs. No excuses.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:56 AM
heat -knicks first round, cant see it any other way.

i think we will see a orlnado win tonight which locks them in the 6 seed.

a NY win tonight locks them in the 7 seed

if philly wins out, and the knicks spit, i think philly would be 7th... but, it looks like they are sitting their best guys...

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 11:57 AM
fair enough... but the heat seem to be masking his injury... what do you know about it??.

they said it was muscle fatigue... then they said more hamstring...

Something with his hammy, but i dont thinks its anything, if last night was a playoff game for him he would be playing.

I think they are just giving him extra rest since he will be playing center in the playoffs. He did outplay chandler last weekend handidly(16pts 14reb) next night he had 22/15...he will be fine.

if philly wins out, and the knicks spit, i think philly would be 7th... but, it looks like they are sitting their best guys...

yea, i just looked and your right, but like you said, philly is sitting their guys. They do have some easy opponents tho. Seeding will come down to thrusday night but i think miami will face ny

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 11:57 AM

hey, at least we can agree on something...

Vincent
04-25-2012, 11:58 AM

I thought that Boston series last year really toughened them up for the Bulls series.

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM

He's probably assuming the Knicks wont lose to the Bobcats. Big mistake! :p

Chronz
04-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Why are people focusing on regular season series?

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Something with his hammy, but i dont thinks its anything, if last night was a playoff game for him he would be playing.

I think they are just giving him extra rest since he will be playing center in the playoffs. He did outplay chandler last weekend handidly(16pts 14reb) next night he had 22/15...he will be fine.

thanks... they don't seem to be talking about it, which makes me wonder...

this is coming from a fan of a team where drose was on the radio saying he was '100% healthy' on march 6th, then proceeded to miss the next month of the season... so maybe i'm just more skeptical since about injury and team disclosure...

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 12:02 PM
thanks... they don't seem to be talking about it, which makes me wonder...

this is coming from a fan of a team where drose was on the radio saying he was '100% healthy' on march 6th, then proceeded to miss the next month of the season... so maybe i'm just more skeptical since about injury and team disclosure...

Both are teams are similar in that they like to hide as much as possible.

I dont think its anything serious, just knowing that we have the 2 seed locked up and these last few games dont really mean anything.

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I thought that Boston series last year really toughened them up for the Bulls series.

You guys will get your chance with boston this year, and as much as bulls fans say its a good matchup for you guys...i still think it will be a hard fought series that goes 6 games maybe 7. Slow grind it out playoff basketball with a fresh kg and healthy rondo will be a tough out for any team.

That series last year would have gone 6 or 7 if rondo didnt break his arm.

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Re: Bosh's "injury"

"It's just precautionary right now," Bosh said of this extended absence, "just making sure it doesn't turn into a serious problem. So you're gonna have to make sure that we get the right treatment. It's just been a crazy season, so it's kind of combination of maintenance and precautionary measures."

. . .

To a degree, Bosh said he welcomed the time off to freshen up before the postseason.

"I think it helps me," he said. "I just have to make sure that my conditioning is going to be the same, if not better."

Of course conditioning amid a hamstring injury is not so simple.

"That's a good question," he said of working out around the injury. "Just work out hard, work out as hard as possible, get as close as game-like as possible, which you can't really do it."

He said he could have played if these were playoff games.

"Hamstrings are funny," he said, "but it's fortunate, I'm lucky it's not that serious, so I'm able to keep my workouts going."
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-04-24/sports/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s042412_1_hamstrings-injury-general-soreness

Missing56&33
04-25-2012, 12:08 PM
I say the Knicks should not worry about their seed right now. Their in the playoffs.....play hard and try to gain some momentum going into the playoffs. Once you know what seed you are, maybe you can rest Melo, Tyson and Baron Davis.

Going into the playoffs......the Knicks are capable of beating any team in the EC in a 7 game series.

bucketss
04-25-2012, 12:10 PM

Chalmers=Davis
Wade>Fields
Lebron>Melo
Haslem<Amare
Anthony<Chandler

you forgot bosh and the whole </>/= argument when comparing teams is ********

I'd say the Heat, because generally speaking Melo outplays Lebron head to head.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

not really

D1JM
04-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Why are people focusing on regular season series?

This.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 12:12 PM
You guys will get your chance with boston this year, and as much as bulls fans say its a good matchup for you guys...i still think it will be a hard fought series that goes 6 games maybe 7. Slow grind it out playoff basketball with a fresh kg and healthy rondo will be a tough out for any team.

That series last year would have gone 6 or 7 if rondo didnt break his arm.

Allen is still a question mark, isn't he??

i like them having KG at the 5, makes our defensive rotations a little easier with the bulls preferring to have noah guard him over boozer anyway...

Rose always gets up to play rondo... it should be fun, i just hope there aren't 7 overtimes like the last 2009 series...

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Re: Bosh's "injury"

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-04-24/sports/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s042412_1_hamstrings-injury-general-soreness

much obliged... i still don't really trust anything these guys say... what's that saying, "trust nothing you hear, and half of what you see"...

not sure how you can still go through workouts while resting a hamstring injury...

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Allen is still a question mark, isn't he??

i like them having KG at the 5, makes our defensive rotations a little easier with the bulls preferring to have noah guard him over boozer anyway...

Rose always gets up to play rondo... it should be fun, i just hope there aren't 7 overtimes like the last 2009 series...
Yea, i think allen will be ready for the playoffs.

much obliged... i still don't really trust anything these guys say... what's that saying, "trust nothing you hear, and half of what you see"...

not sure how you can still go through workouts while resting a hamstring injury...

exactly, bosh didnt play yesterday, but i read they had a hard playoff type practice earlier in the day.

And riley was in boston yesterday, probably means nothing, just found it intersting that he would be at an away game.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Yea, i think allen will be ready for the playoffs.

he came back off the bench for a few games, then went back to inactive... by the second round, who knows...

exactly, bosh didnt play yesterday, but i read they had a hard playoff type practice earlier in the day.

And riley was in boston yesterday, probably means nothing, just found it intersting that he would be at an away game.

i found it interesting that riley was at the game, too... he had to have known it was gonna be a **** game beforehand...

bosh had a sad look on his face pretty much all game last night... probably just me reading too much into things... but there just seemed to be something off with him...

being able to play (if it was a playoff game) and being effective are two different things... players say a lot of ****, and i don't trust much of what they say...

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 12:28 PM
I have no doubt bosh will be fine by sunday.

ryang
04-25-2012, 12:30 PM
go for 8th.. then maybe they have a shot at winning a playoff series.. its been a long time..

DaBear
04-25-2012, 12:31 PM
You're wrong. Most Bulls fans wouldn't mind playing the Knicks. Just because they think Philly is easier doesn't mean they're afraid of the Knicks.

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 12:32 PM

Eerily like last year. Then the first time they faced a quality opponent in the playoffs they got demolished. This is what scares me if I am a Bulls fan. I would want no part of New York in the first round, This isn't the cakewalk Pacers you faced last year or the average at best Hawks that beat you twice. 16-6 in thier last 22 with a new head coach. Most of that without their starting Poing Guard and Starting Power forward. Spread that out over 66 games and that is a 48-18 record. You need to understand how disfunctional this team was under Dantoni. And how functional it is NOW. Overall record means something to those who know nothing about this team in 2011-2012. Those of us that watch every second of every game know why teams should fear us, but if they don't that can only be good for us. Makes me laugh when people rip on the Knicks defense....OK just remember I warned you before you get a chance to see them in a series. Their defense is pretty freaking intense.

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 12:33 PM
You're wrong. Most Bulls fans wouldn't mind playing the Knicks. Just because they think Philly is easier doesn't mean they're afraid of the Knicks.

Disagree, the Tribune ran a poll to see who the Bulls fans would rather see in round one...Almost 80% wanted nothing to do with NYK in first round. They get it.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Eerily like last year. Then the first time they faced a quality opponent in the playoffs they got demolished. This is what scares me if I am a Bulls fan. I would want no part of New York in the first round, This isn't the cakewalk Pacers you faced last year or the average at best Hawks that beat you twice. 16-6 in thier last 22 with a new head coach. Most of that without their starting Poing Guard and Starting Power forward. Spread that out over 66 games and that is a 48-18 record. You need to understand how disfunctional this team was under Dantoni. And how functional it is NOW. Overall record means something to those who know nothing about this team in 2011-2012. Those of us that watch every second of every game know why teams should fear us, but if they don't that can only be good for us. Makes me laugh when people rip on the Knicks defense....OK just remember I warned you before you get a chance to see them in a series. Their defense is pretty freaking intense.
The Knicks are now a quality opponent compared to ATL last year?

Give me NY, 5 games, 6 at worst if Melo goes nuts.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Disagree, the Tribune ran a poll to see who the Bulls fans would rather see in round one...Almost 80% wanted nothing to do with NYK in first round. They get it.
If it's PHI or NY I'll take PHI because they're playing worse lately, but that doesn't mean I'm afraid of NY. That's just smart.

If you want to see intense defense, keep hoping to face the Bulls. Maybe Melo can score 40+ and you can win a game in OT against us by 1 with us missing last second FT's to win it, but remember we'll just come back and spank you by 10 the next game.

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 12:36 PM
he came back off the bench for a few games, then went back to inactive... by the second round, who knows...

i found it interesting that riley was at the game, too... he had to have known it was gonna be a **** game beforehand...

bosh had a sad look on his face pretty much all game last night... probably just me reading too much into things... but there just seemed to be something off with him...

being able to play (if it was a playoff game) and being effective are two different things... players say a lot of ****, and i don't trust much of what they say...

He shushed Bron and Wade during the game (http://espn.go.com/nba/photos?gameId=320424002&photoId=2024013). They retaliated by making a boshtrich joke.

He hasn't been the same since.

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 12:38 PM

Fear is not the issue here. I'm not Afraid to play Miami, but I do respect them. Read 90% of what the Bulls fans are saying in this thread. The bravado just hides the insecurities. Bulls fans dont need to be "Afraid" of the Knicks but their apparent lack of respect for a pretty descent well rounded and well coached team is the issue. I see the lone ranger Bulls fans on here who understand what I am saying. When you just "Assume" the Bulls and Heat will match up in the ECF you show a lack of respect for the 6 other teams. Dont come to a foregone conclusion that Heat/Bulls II is a given, might want to get there first than see what happens. respect your opponent, does not mean you have to fear or like them, just respect them.
I'm not saying the Knicks would win a 5 game series against the Bulls what I am saying is it COULD happen and if they did lose it would probably go 5.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Bulls in 5 games...in a 7 game series.

jp611
04-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Well they play 7 game series in basketball, and yes the bulls would likely beat the Knicks in 5

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
If it's PHI or NY I'll take PHI because they're playing worse lately, but that doesn't mean I'm afraid of NY. That's just smart.

If you want to see intense defense, keep hoping to face the Bulls. Maybe Melo can score 40+ and you can win a game in OT against us by 1 with us missing last second FT's to win it, but remember we'll just come back and spank you by 10 the next game.

You cant have it both ways. The Knicks lost 2 heartbreakers early on this season against Chicago with a Joke of a Coach and zero cohesion. With Woodson both of those would have been wins with your calculations right? It seems that you are trying to rationalize the fact that your biggest star choked when the game was on the line. You have used that same argument AGAINST Lebron 100 times on these boards. So LeBron Choked, the Bulls win, but when rose choked the Knicks got lucky? Pick a side and argue your points, but just like last year showed, regular season records mean nothing besides home court advantage in the playoffs.
I have seen the Bulls defense it is intense. Have you seen the Knicks defense the last month? probably not.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-25-2012, 12:44 PM

Knicks won't be a cakewalk, just to let you know.

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Well they play 7 game series in basketball, and yes the bulls would likely beat the Knicks in 5

Cant blame me for that, we havent won a playoff game in 10 years. It was 5 games in the first round back then! LOL

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
You cant have it both ways. The Knicks lost 2 heartbreakers early on this season against Chicago with a Joke of a Coach and zero cohesion. With Woodson both of those would have been wins with your calculations right? It seems that you are trying to rationalize the fact that your biggest star choked when the game was on the line. You have used that same argument AGAINST Lebron 100 times on these boards. So LeBron Choked, the Bulls win, but when rose choked the Knicks got lucky? Pick a side and argue your points, but just like last year showed, regular season records mean nothing besides home court advantage in the playoffs.
I have seen the Bulls defense it is intense. Have you seen the Knicks defense the last month? probably not.
In what world of random calculations do you suddenly say those would have been wins?

The Knicks got lucky because Rose and Deng missed 4 straight FT's and were able to pull out a 1 point win in OT. My side is you overrate the Knicks, and they'll be first round exits again. I think you'll improve over last year and win 1 game.

Considering the Bulls played the Knicks twice just a few weeks ago, yes I have seen their D in the last month, it's better, not on the level of the Bulls.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Cant blame me for that, we havent won a playoff game in 10 years. It was 5 games in the first round back then! LOL
So you don't actually watch basketball playoffs anymore? It was 7 games last year when you got swept.

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 12:48 PM
So you don't actually watch basketball playoffs anymore? It was 7 games last year when you got swept.

Ouch

mjm07
04-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Knicks won't be a cakewalk, just to let you know.

Thanks. I know they aren't. I've said many times they are a dangerous team come playoff time. All i'm saying is that I prefer the HEAT to play and win against our rivals. Wouldn't want it any other way. Which fan wouldn't?

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 12:50 PM

I did, we only played 4. After that all series were 7 games which they always have been.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
And it didn't catch you as odd that they played and lost 4 straight games? If it were best of 5, shouldn't it have stopped at 3?

bucketss
04-25-2012, 12:53 PM
you cant blame bulls fans or heat for underestimating your team seriously look at the season you guys had can you really blame them? the knicks will have to earn the elite teams respect this year and at the end it will be sweeter for you guys if you do end up winning. you guys have to accept your big underdogs

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 12:53 PM
And it didn't catch you as odd that they played and lost 4 straight games? If it were best of 5, shouldn't it have stopped at 3?

I'm sue that last year I knew that, but when you havent won a playoff game since what seems 1946 that happens. We never even got to game 5 last year.

Jroz
04-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Who cares we'll knock them both out whether its first round or the eastern conference finals :D...kidding..but seriously, being a Knicks fan I'd rather play the heat for 2 reasons:

1. If the Knicks are going to some how upset a power house in the east its going to only happen once, and it would be 10x nicer to do it to the Heat - A La Allen Houston style & the 99 Knicks. After that I wouldn't mind the Bulls taking the East..as long as Lebron and Bosh don't win the whole thing.

2. If we do end up playing the Bulls and some how pull an upset, we basically allow the Heat to walk right into the finals and again like point # 1 - I don't want the Heat having a chance of winning!

BigBlueCrew
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
^^^

I was wondering where the doesn't matter option was in the poll was, but I just picked 8 for the hell of it.

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Doesn't bother me, at least I know the game and playoff set up. Perhaps before pushing how your team is going to be a hard out you should realize how many games it will take to eliminate a team.

You are correct, my mistake of how many games there are in round one of the NBA playoffs is a clear indication that the Knicks are horrible and the Bulls are once again the class of the NBA. I apoligize for my oversight. Your basketball knowlege is so far advanced than mine because of this fact. From this point on I will just agree with you on every point.
You know what....Now I'm a Bulls fan Huh?
Crap I pray we dont face the Knicks in round one. Their Defense is so much better now and their offense is already better than ours. I hope we avoid that nasty Knicks team in the playoffs alltogether. Getting Tyson Chandler has changed the whole culture of that team and now that Melo is melo, we could totally lose to them. Bring on Philly so we can win the first round SEVEN game series.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 01:00 PM

the sixers first 22 games of the season were pretty impressive as well... that's why the season is long... you can't just extrapolate the last 20 games and say 'this team would've been'... i'll give the knicks credit for getting going in the right direction at the right time, but to say they are better than the atl or pacers of last year doesn't really correlate... in fact, they are pretty damn similar to the pacers of last year... new coach and new direction mid season... the pacers look good this year, and i would think the knicks will look good next year...

that's what you're basing bulls fan 'fear of the knicks' on?? wow...

just because the bulls fans would rather see a fluttering sixers over the knicks doesn't mean they want 'nothing to do with the knicks'... it's a preference given a choice... to draw a conclusion based off a two-choice poll is asinine...

let's make a poll on 'which ice-cream flavor would you rather have? chocolate or vanilla?' to see how many people hate vanilla...

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Being Cocky about your team is one thing but disrespecting a team sets you up for the unimaginable. I would rather face the Bulls, not because I'm disrespecting them, I just think it is a far better matchup than the Heat. I would love to have my team get to the finals, and i am a diehard, but IMO this conference is the Heats to lose. If we do indeed play them in round one, I give us a small shot at an upset. I hate Wade I hate LeBron, and really hate Bosh but I respect them. I respect the Bulls as well, I just dont feel come playoffs they are a cakewalk to the ECF like you think. Someone from the 6 other teams could find themselves in the ECF and you just dismiss that like an impossibility.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 01:09 PM
You are correct, my mistake of how many games there are in round one of the NBA playoffs is a clear indication that the Knicks are horrible and the Bulls are once again the class of the NBA. I apoligize for my oversight. Your basketball knowlege is so far advanced than mine because of this fact. From this point on I will just agree with you on every point.
Crap I pray we dont face the Knicks in round one. Their Defense is so much better now and their offense is already better than ours. I hope we avoid that nasty Knicks team in the playoffs alltogether. Getting Tyson Chandler has changed the whole culture of that team and now that Melo is melo, we could totally lose to them. Bring on Philly so we can win the first round SEVEN game series.

I think these last two years have proven that they're one of the top teams in the league.

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Captain Moroni should take the i out of Moroni. It's more fitting given his IQ.

It is an unfortunate choice of alias. Lends itself to cheap jokes such as yours. But, come on, there's no need to insult the guy.

DaBear
Being Cocky about your team is one thing but disrespecting a team sets you up for the unimaginable. I would rather face the Bulls, not because I'm disrespecting them, I just think it is a far better matchup than the Heat. I would love to have my team get to the finals, and i am a diehard, but IMO this conference is the Heats to lose. If we do indeed play them in round one, I give us a small shot at an upset. I hate Wade I hate LeBron, and really hate Bosh but I respect them. I respect the Bulls as well, I just dont feel come playoffs they are a cakewalk to the ECF like you think. Someone from the 6 other teams could find themselves in the ECF and you just dismiss that like an impossibility.

I'm not cocky. I just don't think the Knicks would beat the Bulls. It goes 6 games at best IMO.

Shmontaine
Doesn't bother me, at least I know the game and playoff set up. Perhaps before pushing how your team is going to be a hard out you should realize how many games it will take to eliminate a team.

to me, all this shows is that the knicks haven't been in the playoffs for a long time, and therefore, you haven't bothered to follow the game in a long time...

go ahead and make jokes, i'm sure that makes you feel better...

the reality is, the knicks are still undisciplined and you don't transform into a championship contender over the course of 25 games... if you watched more basketball you would know this...

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 01:11 PM
I think these last two years have proven that they're one of the top teams in the league.

Absolutely. Find ONE post where I said anything contrary to that. I have never once said the Bulls were anything but an elite team.

jp611
04-25-2012, 01:12 PM
You did kinda set yourself up for that one though... And when you display lack of knowledge in the playoff format you're really setting yourself up to get called out on stuff.

No one is dismissing the Knicks, but there's a reason they are 4 games above .500 while the Bulls are 32 games above .500... That hot spell that the Knicks are on under Woodson? Good for them. The Bulls have been playing better than that type of ball all season long, so even with the upgrade in the coaching position you're still not going to convince me they have a chance to upend the Bulls. My main reasoning behind this is because the Knicks cannot rebound and that will be hard to overcome against a very good rebounding team in the Bulls.

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
to me, all this shows is that the knicks haven't been in the playoffs for a long time, and therefore, you haven't bothered to follow the game in a long time...

go ahead and make jokes, i'm sure that makes you feel better...

the reality is, the knicks are still undisciplined and you don't transform into a championship contender over the course of 25 games... if you watched more basketball you would know this...

I watch plenty of Playoff basketball, just the series that interest me when my team is not playing. If you are asking me if Bulls Pacers or Raptors hawks in any given year interest me they dont. I am sure you dont watch the Kings Nuggets first round either.
What i am saying is that the Knicks are disiplined. The only way you would think otherwise is by not watching the Knicks. What games do you watch other than your favorite team? ESPN highlights dont count.

BigBlueCrew
04-25-2012, 01:16 PM
You did kinda set yourself up for that one though... And when you display lack of knowledge in the playoff format you're really setting yourself up to get called out on stuff.

No one is dismissing the Knicks, but there's a reason they are 4 games above .500 while the Bulls are 32 games above .500... That hot spell that the Knicks are on under Woodson? Good for them. The Bulls have been playing better than that type of ball all season long, so even with the upgrade in the coaching position you're still not going to convince me they have a chance to upend the Bulls. My main reasoning behind this is because the Knicks cannot rebound and that will be hard to overcome against a very good rebounding team in the Bulls.

What?!?!? This entire forum dismisses the Knicks. Its cool just admit it. You come up with reason after reason and then "Were not dismissing the Knicks", Yeah okay buddy.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM

you think the heat are unbeatable and the bulls are... congrats... both teams are beatable... you should give your team more credit, mr. diehard... personally, i think the knicks stand a better chance to beat the heat than the bulls.. by that, i mean the series against the heat would be 4-2 as opposed to 4-1 vs. the bulls..

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=jpro611;21907768]You did kinda set yourself up for that one though... And when you display lack of knowledge in the playoff format you're really setting yourself up to get called out on stuff.

QUOTE]

But notice how Quick I was to admit I was mistaken, when was the last time you ever did that? No one on these boards is right all the time, I will be sure to point out your mistakes and never let them go.

BTW I was thinking of the MLB format. That is indeed best of 5 in round one (round 2 if you count the wildcard play in game new to 2012) and then goes to best of seven after that.
The NBA was best of five first round until it was changed to 7 games prior to the 2003 season. There you go.

ryang
04-25-2012, 01:21 PM
4 to 1 bulls?? dont think so.. i hate the knicks but they have a real chance against you..

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Fun stat of the day:

The Bulls have a higher offensive rating than the Knicks.

Smoke on it Cap'n Crunch.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
4 to 1 bulls?? dont think so.. i hate the knicks but they have a real chance against you..
Based on?

Bulls will dominate the boards, have a better defense and a better offense. The Knicks have the best offensive player, but the Bulls are the best team.

Shmontaine
04-25-2012, 01:23 PM
I watch plenty of Playoff basketball, just the series that interest me when my team is not playing. If you are asking me if Bulls Pacers or Raptors hawks in any given year interest me they dont. I am sure you dont watch the Kings Nuggets first round either.
What i am saying is that the Knicks are disiplined. The only way you would think otherwise is by not watching the Knicks. What games do you watch other than your favorite team? ESPN highlights dont count.

actually, the fact that i do watch the knicks proves otherwise... how the hell can you say they've been a disciplined team this year?? they are exactly the opposite of that over the course of the season...

if you want to say they have been disciplined for the last month, i will agree...

25 games doesn't make a championship...

Vincent
04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Absolutely. Find ONE post where I said anything contrary to that. I have never once said the Bulls were anything but an elite team.

Well since the tone of that statement was mockingly sarcastic, I thought your actual views were contrary to what you were saying.

But I agree with you, I think a lot of Bulls fans are being a bit too sensitive.

The Bulls playoff hopes are fringed on Derrick Rose's feet/ankle/back/toe....

Without him healthy, the Bulls are VERY vulnerable.

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
you think the heat are unbeatable and the bulls are... congrats... both teams are beatable... you should give your team more credit, mr. diehard... personally, i think the knicks stand a better chance to beat the heat than the bulls.. by that, i mean the series against the heat would be 4-2 as opposed to 4-1 vs. the bulls..

I would give my team a better chance if our Starting PG was healthy. jeremy Lin is a huge part of what the Knicks do, and I'm not talking about the 20PPG LIN, just running the point and bringing Baron Davis off the bench would e a HUGE upgrade. having mike bibby on the court in the playofs makes me shutter a bit. If Lin was healthy we could beat Miami. 4-2 is fair assesment for a Miami win.
The Knicks need JR smith to get hot and Amare to stay healthy. If that happens and bibby minutes are limited we have a shot. Lin should be ready if we get out of round one.

Captain Moroni
04-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Well since the tone of that statement was mockingly sarcastic, I thought your actual views were contrary to what you were saying.

But I agree with you, I think a lot of Bulls fans are being a bit too sensitive.

The Bulls playoff hopes are fringed on Derrick Rose's feet/ankle/back/toe....

Without him healthy, the Bulls are VERY vulnerable.

I agree.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
What?!?!? This entire forum dismisses the Knicks. Its cool just admit it. You come up with reason after reason and then "Were not dismissing the Knicks", Yeah okay buddy.

If Rose plays like anything near he did last year early in the playoffs (or beginning of the season early this year). I'll dismiss the Knicks.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I would give my team a better chance if our Starting PG was healthy. jeremy Lin is a huge part of what the Knicks do, and I'm not talking about the 20PPG LIN, just running the point and bringing Baron Davis off the bench would e a HUGE upgrade. having mike bibby on the court in the playofs makes me shutter a bit. If Lin was healthy we could beat Miami. 4-2 is fair assesment for a Miami win.
The Knicks need JR smith to get hot and Amare to stay healthy. If that happens and bibby minutes are limited we have a shot. Lin should be ready if we get out of round one.
Awesome, welcome the Miami fans into this.

Miami in 5.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 01:27 PM
If Rose plays like anything near he did last year early in the playoffs (or beginning of the season early this year). I'll dismiss the Knicks.
Rose can play his same game as against Dallas and we'd win in 5.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Rose can play his same game as against Dallas and we'd win in 5.

I don't think so

Dallas played pretty awful, and they were without Jason Terry and Jason Kidd.

Plus, Dallas isn't that good... and the Bulls didn't really handily win that game.

ryang
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Based on?

Bulls will dominate the boards, have a better defense and a better offense. The Knicks have the best offensive player, but the Bulls are the best team.

i was speaking to someone else who said bulls knicks 4-1 heat knicks 4-2.. sorry but if ud go 4-1 on the knicks we would do the same if not better.. my point was they match up better against you then us.. id put my money on the bulls make no mistake but if the knicks stand a chance in the first round there better off playing anybody but the heat

DaBear
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM
People keep talking about the Knicks record under Woodson. What about the Bulls who finally have a healthy starting lineup? They've been a great team minus Rose and Rip for most of the season. Now that they will be playing, I don't see how the Knicks chances of an upset are any better.