PDA

View Full Version : Dwights Trade Value Now

mRc08
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey guys,

Not to constantly bring up Howard, especially now that we have been hearing less about him with him out, but I was curious as to what you think his trade value is now?

I have heard rumors that Orlando may try and move him in the offseason, maybe even around draft time. I'm not sure if any of these rumors are true, but if so, what do you think his trade value is now going into the offseason and next season?

Between his back injury, problems with SVG and management, etc, I think his value has had to have dropped a little bit. If so, what type of offers would you expect teams to make in the pursuit of dwight? I think most people will agree that Bynum is now off the table completely when talking dwight trades, but what other offers do you think would still be out there?

rapjuicer06
04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
I would say a trade with the Nets will probably be what happens. Sign and trade of Lopez and Brooks possibly a little more

Raph12
04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Well he won't be in the Olympics, but his surgery was successful and he's expected to be back at 100% in about 4 months... Depends on how he bounces back, maybe the Magic hold him just to display what he could bring to other teams, get that value back at that "sky-high" level.

Gibby23
04-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Well he won't be in the Olympics, but his surgery was successful and he's expected to be back at 100% in about 4 months... Depends on how he bounces back, maybe the Magic hold him just to display what he could bring to other teams, get that value back at that "sky-high" level.

It's as high as it's going to get because he seems like the only team he will sign long term with is the Nets. So Lopez, draft picks, and fillers.

JNA17
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Not as much as before thats for sure. Unless the Magic plan to keep him through the first half of the regular season to showcase Dwight really does come back 100%, I don't see how the Magic will get great offers for Dwight now.

Raph12
04-24-2012, 04:03 PM
It's as high as it's going to get because he seems like the only team he will sign long term with is the Nets. So Lopez, draft picks, and fillers.

If the Nets are left with any picks (Houston is eliminated from playoffs contention and their pick is only top 3 protected), we'd gladly take a 1st, with Brooks and Lopez; otherwise, I'm sure there are suitors willing to rent him for a season...

rapjuicer06
04-24-2012, 04:08 PM
If the Nets are left with any picks (Houston is eliminated from playoffs contention and their pick is only top 3 protected), we'd gladly take a 1st, with Brooks and Lopez; otherwise, I'm sure there are suitors willing to rent him for a season...

I'd be more than happy with that right there. Draft guys like Royce White and Tony Wroten Jr or Marquis Teague. Would have a pretty decent looking future. And if Fran FINALLY comes over as he is kind of hinting then we could very well be a playoff team again next year

NetSymptom
04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Problem is Lopez has to be S&T in July, so no draft night trade. I don't think we'll have a draft pick either.

Maybe in July we can do two separate trades. Sign and trade Lopez for Howard. Then separately Nets '13 first rder, brooks, filler for turk. I don't think S&T players can be combined with other assets, hence the two part trade.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
I'd still give a ton from the raptors for him.
His value is a top 5 player who can carry a franchise on his back.

SteveNash
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Huge drop off. Should have traded him when his value was high.

Now he'll probably demand a trade, giving teams ammo to lowball for him. He'll be viewed as damage goods, as a coach killer, a selfish player.

I'd say he's value dropped in half since the trade deadline.

amos1er
04-24-2012, 04:19 PM
I still think he has a lot of trade value. Maybe because of his immature attitude his value might have slightly dropped, but players like Dwight only come around once in a generation...any team would be foolish to not want him.

uprightciti
04-24-2012, 04:22 PM
seeing as how David Stern had the cancelled trade to the Lakers with CP3 I am gonna go out on a limb and say that no matter what his is going to a minor team

Sacramento
Brooklyn
Portland
Bobcats
Hornets

I personally think that the dark horse to get Howard would be Portland they have a top 3 protected pick and lots of cap space this season

but we all know he is going to be the face of Brooklyn with DWill

and they are a second round team
but thats about it

netsgiantsyanks
04-24-2012, 04:22 PM
if the nets are willing to give up what they would have gave up when he was healthy, i'd :pity:. i don't care when he'll be 100% healthy, the whole point is to keep as many assets as possible, and they should be taking advantage of this because of the injury.

NoahH
04-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Too bad they don't have amnesty anymore

ThunderousDemon
04-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Bynum for Dwight straight up.

97NYer
04-24-2012, 04:52 PM
The Nets honestly just don't have enough to offer the Magic IMO. And Dwights value is still extremely high, only exceeded by LeBron and maybe KD. Dwight, even with his unrefined offensive game and leadership issues, has still carried a team without a great supporting cast to a finals appearance and multiple playoff runs.

lakerboy
04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Dwight to LA is looking more possible than ever.

macc
04-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Why is this even a thread. Let's break it down for the people who don't have common sense.

best big in the league + multiple teams interested = bidding war = great pkg.

It doesn't matter what he's done in Orlando, doesn't matter what his attitude is. When you're the "best" in a particular catagory, you will always have huge trade value.

K????K!!!!!!!

Longhornfan1234
04-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Bynum for Dwight straight up.

Why would the Lakers do that? Bynum is better than Howard.

macc
04-24-2012, 05:49 PM

:facepalm: The things people say to draw attention to themselves.

Missing56&33
04-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Dwights Trade Value Now

Not as high as it was a month ago.

macc
04-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Not as high as it was a month ago.

Lol, and why wouldn't it be? Last I checked he's still the best big in the game. Comments like yours make zero sense. The ONLY way his stock would go down would be if his surgery didn't bring him back 100%.

Players attitudes, habits, ect mean nothing when it comes to playing basketball and what they can do to help your team win games.

Just think about what you're saying for a min here. Do you think a team like the New Jersey Nets is going to be like "ya we don't want Dwight that much anymore because of how the media portrayed him this last off season, so we'll pass on the best C in the league right now and wait for another 10 yr talent to pop up" lol, I mean, seriously now, let's use some common sense here.

raiderposting
04-24-2012, 06:52 PM

Although i dont agree with him that bynum is better than howard, the gap between the 2 has gotten much closer. Plus I think bynum still hasn't reached his full potential. If its bynum for howard straight up ill do it. I think just Bynum being the man in orlando, he's going to put up huge numbers, just need a veteran core there to make sure he doesn't troll to much. he's not a cancer to his team though.

jrm2054
04-24-2012, 07:11 PM
He will be a Net :hide:

tmacmamba
04-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Dwight wants to be a Brooklyn Net no way around it. The Magic if their forced to trade him then they want to swap him for Bynum so its going to be interesting to see where Dwight lands.

D12 fan
04-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Charlotte could be a sleeper team for Dwight,if they get the #1 pick Anthony Davis,MJ might be bold enough to make a splash and trade for Dwight.They have caproom next year to make a run at the hometown kid CP3.

Davis,Diop,Walker for Dwight.

5ass
04-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Charlotte could be a sleeper team for Dwight,if they get the #1 pick Anthony Davis,MJ might be bold enough to make a splash and trade for Dwight.They have caproom next year to make a run at the hometown kid CP3.

Davis,Diop,Walker for Dwight.

Dwight+Biyombo front court= the best defensive front court in NBA history. Biyombo is already a beast on that end and is still the youngest player in the league.

Raph12
04-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Although i dont agree with him that bynum is better than howard, the gap between the 2 has gotten much closer. Plus I think bynum still hasn't reached his full potential. If its bynum for howard straight up ill do it. I think just Bynum being the man in orlando, he's going to put up huge numbers, just need a veteran core there to make sure he doesn't troll to much. he's not a cancer to his team though.

The gap is closer, but nowhere near close, if you know what I mean... Bynum would put up good numbers, but the Magic would get much worse.

As for "cancer to his team", if anyone gave Bynum any attention he would be viewed as a cancer, everyone looks at him and thinks "what a dumb, immature kid"... Reality check, he's only two years younger than Dwight yet acts like he's still 17.

Dwight's only mistake all season, was opening his mouth; he tried to do the Magic a favor, take Melo's route and ask for a trade, they denied him and then it was awkward back-and-forth all season long. If we traded Dwight in the offseason like we were close to doing, none of this bs happens.

raiderNlakerfan
04-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Id offer gasol straight up. Nothing more. Take it or leave it

SouthSideRookie
04-25-2012, 01:18 AM
I still think he has a lot of trade value. Maybe because of his immature attitude his value might have slightly dropped, but players like Dwight only come around once in a generation...any team would be foolish to not want him.

In a generation where the center position is so watered down, he's the best at his position by default.

Dwight+Biyombo front court= the best defensive front court in NBA history. Biyombo is already a beast on that end and is still the youngest player in the league.

You tend to use use this phrase so casually.

RenegadeRiot36
04-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Cavs anyone. Theyre one of the few teams with the assets (Thompson, 2 first round draft picks this year) and money to get a long term deal done as well. Plus im sure him and Kyrie together with Varejao would have the potential for a run just by themselves. If they can get one or two servicable wing players they would be set.

naps
04-25-2012, 02:32 AM
It's gone down for sure specially when it's almost certain that he will ask for a trade; His recent surgery will play a major role as well. However, I would still give up Bosh for him.

Longhornfan1234
04-25-2012, 02:45 AM

:facepalm:

Bynum is much better offensively. Name one post move Howard can rely on, lol?
Bynum is good defender too, but not on Howard's level.

Give me the more polish offensive player and clutch player.

HouRealCoach
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Without the Nets Pick I dont see how they can make a trade now..

They would have to take back Richardson & Hedo if they can

HouRealCoach
04-25-2012, 09:42 AM

U act like Dwight Howard is Ben Wallace... I have seen him score in the post alot

You just don't average 20 ppg on accident lol

& he has mastered the running hook

Vinylman
04-25-2012, 09:50 AM

laker fan here... that is just and embarrassing post... seriously :facepalm:

D12 fan
04-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Can Dwight still be traded on draft night with his injury,I thought you have to pass the physical to be traded?

pakyofivetimes
04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
His trade value will be going down as well as his playing time and skill maybe. Lets just hope his career will not be the same as Greg Oden, because it all started in a serious injury just like this.

RaiderLakersA's
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
It all depends on how well he heals from his back surgery. If all goes well, he should still be considered a top tier get.

NoahH
04-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Not as much as before thats for sure. Unless the Magic plan to keep him through the first half of the regular season to showcase Dwight really does come back 100%, I don't see how the Magic will get great offers for Dwight now.

He probably wouldn't try or would refuse to play. Who knows its Dwight

Missing56&33
04-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Lol, and why wouldn't it be? Last I checked he's still the best big in the game. Comments like yours make zero sense. The ONLY way his stock would go down would be if his surgery didn't bring him back 100%.

Players attitudes, habits, ect mean nothing when it comes to playing basketball and what they can do to help your team win games.

Just think about what you're saying for a min here. Do you think a team like the New Jersey Nets is going to be like "ya we don't want Dwight that much anymore because of how the media portrayed him this last off season, so we'll pass on the best C in the league right now and wait for another 10 yr talent to pop up" lol, I mean, seriously now, let's use some common sense here.

Back surgery is serious for a back to the basket big man. If he had a face up jumper or could shoot FT's, I think that would help increase his value. But you may want to think this one over....who you want to build your franchise around. Just be happy you didn't give up the farm for this dude. Messed up the way he did SVG.

rapjuicer06
04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Back surgery is serious for a back to the basket big man. If he had a face up jumper or could shoot FT's, I think that would help increase his value. But you may want to think this one over....who you want to build your franchise around. Just be happy you didn't give up the farm for this dude. Messed up the way he did SVG.

If it were a burst disc or a buldged in his back that'd be a lot different. He's young enough to where a herniated disc in his back won't affect him that much if at all after surgery.

Dankster
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Definitely a bit lower now if comparing from a few months ago. Aside from the Nets' franchise, I'd imagine teams would be a bit reluctant in pursuing his services seeing how the Magic franchise ended up becoming a circus show for the better part of the year.

But his skill-set and what he can bring to a team on the court cannot be argued and still holds very high value--he's a Top 5 player in the NBA and will be able to get the Magic a lot of assets still if they trade him.

Truthfully I'd sit him out for a while next year to change the paradigm of superstars running this league the way they have been and that they think they can basically hold their teams hostage. That would set an unbelievable precedence for future superstars to contemplate how they'd leave their team for another one without causing so much melee.

Raph12
04-25-2012, 06:30 PM

So you'd take Melo over Lebron huh? :rolleyes:

Bynum has nice footwork and a soft touch down low, but he's nowhere near ready to be a #1 option. Without Kobe, Bynum put up 23ppg, but on under 47% shooting; his efficiency dived into the crapper without Kobe to create for him.

Bynum is assisted on 65% of his FGM, while Dwight is assisted on only 51% of his FGM and Bynum scores more off of offensive rebounds so don't try that bs arguement... Dwight's better than Bynum in any facet of the game; put them in the post, Dwight's better; put them in pnrs, Dwight's better; find them on cuts, Dwight's better; double team them, Dwight's a better passer; the only thing Bynum has over Dwight offensively, is FT shooting; which prior to this season, was close as well 60% vs 66%.

Bynum is a lazy defender who relies only on his size and length to be a presence, put him in the pnr on that end and you can get any shot you want. He also doesn't have the lateral quickness or the focus/effort it takes to guard the paint effectively. Bynum had 5 blocks in the game against OKC, but his defensive impact was nearly non-existant after they started putting him in the pnr... Defensively, Dwight is in an entirely different class, it's like comparing Shaq to Hakeem on that end.

You better hope Dwight doesn't bounce back to 100%, if he does, it's not even close.

Mr_Amaziing
04-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Howard to Okc for Perkins and a 1st rounder :)

Kevj77
04-25-2012, 07:28 PM
His value is only what a team he would sign an extension with will pay. Perhaps a few other teams would be willing to rent, but they won't pay as much for a rental. There could be a few teams willing to gamble they could get him to sign an extension like LA, OKC or Dal if they sign Deron.

It doesn't matter how good he is if he doesn't want to play where he is traded. Nobody will pay a hefty price for an unhappy Dwight without an extension. He wants to be a Net. This could change if Deron leaves.