PDA

View Full Version : Tentative Playoff Schedule

JordansBulls
04-24-2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012-nba-playoffs-tv-schedule/

In case you want to have an idea of how the schedule would look on which games will be on which channels at which time this Saturday and Sunday.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-24-2012, 12:12 PM
3:30 PM Eastern, Sunday the 29th on ABC is obviously the Laker game. Every time fellas. Love us or hate us, we're always the Prime Time Ticket Show of the NBA!

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 12:13 PM
heat knicks, sunday 330

^no way bro. Heat-knicks has sunday 330 written all over it

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-24-2012, 12:15 PM
heat knicks, sunday 330

^no way bro. Heat-knicks has sunday 330 written all over it

I bet you Heat-Knicks is the Saturday game on ABC.

God I can't wait for the playoffs! :jumpy:

And to think, we weren't about to have a season. :phew:

JordansBulls
04-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Going to be interesting because if Dallas wins it's last game it is going to be Dallas and LA and that will for sure be Sunday at 3:30 as it should since Dallas is the champs. In fact I think whoever Dallas plays whether it is LA or OKC should be the 3:30 slot on Sunday on ABC.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Going to be interesting because if Dallas wins it's last game it is going to be Dallas and LA and that will for sure be Sunday at 3:30 as it should since Dallas is the champs. In fact I think whoever Dallas plays whether it is LA or OKC should be the 3:30 slot on Sunday on ABC.

That 6th-7th seed battle is going to be very very interesting.

Nuggets play tomorrow night @ OKC, which I think if Durant and Westy sit out (since Spurs have first seed locked up), they can take that game. And then they play Thurs @ Minnesota, which is a Denver win.

Mavs play @ Hawks Thursday.

If I'm the Lakers, I would rather face Denver without Metta rather than Dallas.

Slug3
04-24-2012, 12:45 PM
I think heat has a Saturday game to start off.

JordansBulls
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
That 6th-7th seed battle is going to be very very interesting.

Nuggets play tomorrow night @ OKC, which I think if Durant and Westy sit out (since Spurs have first seed locked up), they can take that game. And then they play Thurs @ Minnesota, which is a Denver win.

Mavs play @ Hawks Thursday.

If I'm the Lakers, I would rather face Denver without Metta rather than Dallas.

I agree, I just don't think there is any way that the Lakers should that slot on Sunday if they are playing Denver when you got OKC and Dallas matched up. If the Lakers were still the champions or a top seed then I can see it but they aren't.
Also I know SA vs Denver should not be on ABC either.

Baller1
04-24-2012, 01:50 PM
If OKC is smart, they play to win against Denver. The Thunder can/will make quick work of Denver in the first round, Dallas I'm not so sure about though.

JordansBulls
04-24-2012, 05:16 PM
If OKC is smart, they play to win against Denver. The Thunder can/will make quick work of Denver in the first round, Dallas I'm not so sure about though.

Yep also the team they met last year, however for OKC if you beat Dallas in the opening round you would be ready for anyone after that.

Missing56&33
04-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Heat-Knicks ....Sunday @ 1pm
Bulls-Knicks.....Saturday @ 3pm
Pacers-Knicks...Sunday @ 7pm

NoahH
04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be taking off Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights at work.

"Hey boss I need to be off by 5pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday for two weeks because of my... first aid course?"

Sinestro
04-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be taking off Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights at work.

"Hey boss I need to be off by 5pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday for two weeks because of my... first aid course?"

Taking care of my sick grandmother might work best

mgsports
04-24-2012, 09:55 PM
I would say if it's Knicks-Bulls Breen and Van Grundy call the Games on ABC
Brown Gets Spurs with Trico-ESPN
Rambis gets Lakers with Jones-ABC
Dan Shulman and Berry/Mullin get Heat Series-ESPN
Terry Gannon and Bowen Clippers Series-ESPN
Stuart Scott/Rose Thunder Series-ABC
Dave Paesh and Doris Borke Hawks-ESPN
Kevin Connors/Legler Pacers/Magic-ESPN

For TNT/TBS/NBA TV
Marv Albert/Steve Kerr if Bulls Knicks-8PM
Harlin/Miller Spurs Late Game
Stockton/Fratello Heat Series-8PM
Devlin/Webber Thunder Series Late Game
Rick K/Dennis Scott/Steve Smith Pacers/Magic Series-8PM
Ian Eagle/Sam Mitchell Clippers Late Game
Johnson/Barkley/Smith Celtics-8PM
Lakers Larry Smith/O'Neal Late Game

JordansBulls
04-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Heat-Knicks ....Sunday @ 1pm
Bulls-Knicks.....Saturday @ 3pm
Pacers-Knicks...Sunday @ 7pm

I don't see the Knicks not being that 3:30 game on ABC.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
I agree.

JordansBulls, you just responded to a spammer that copied your own post. :laugh2:

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
JordansBulls, you just responded to a spammer that copied your own post. :laugh2:

:laugh:

JordansBulls
04-26-2012, 08:32 AM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/reigning-mvp-derrick-rose-and-chicago-bulls-top-nba-most-popular-jersey-list-and-team-merchandi

Rose, who climbed from No. 5 last year to No. 1 on the jersey list for the first time in his career, helped the Bulls reclaim the top overall spot in team merchandise sales for the first time since April 2001.

At No. 2 on the list is New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin, whose breakout season also propelled him to the most popular jersey spot for February and March. Rounding out the top five are Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant (No. 3), Miami Heat’s LeBron James (No. 4) and the Knicks’ Carmelo Anthony (No. 5). Since 2001, Bryant has claimed the No. 1 position six times and James has held it twice.

Rose #1 in jersey sales means people know who he is and that the Bulls are a big draw as well.

JordansBulls
04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/26/2769117/miami-heat-opens-playoff-run-on.html#storylink=cpy

From the Miami Herald:

The Miami Heat will open the playoffs at home on Saturday, regardless of the opponent, the league announced Thursday morning.

The Heat will play the Knicks in the first round if New York beats Charlotte on Thursday or if Philadelphia loses to Detroit.

The Heat would play the 76ers if the Knicks surprisingly lose to the Bobcats and if the Sixers beat the Pistons.

The Heat is expected to play in the 3:30 p.m. time slot on ABC on Saturday, though that has neither been announced nor finalized.

The date for Game 2 at AmericanAirlines Arena has not been announced.

The NBA has scheduled four playoff games for Saturday and four for Sunday. Celtics-Hawks will be the only Eastern Conference game on Sunday.

Via the AP_

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Chicago, Miami and Oklahoma City will open the NBA playoffs Saturday, though their opponents are still to be determined.

Indiana also will host Orlando in its postseason opener Saturday, one of the few matchups that is set entering Thursday's final day of play.

The Bulls are the top seed in the Eastern Conference and will host either New York or Philadelphia. No. 2 Miami will face whichever of those teams finishes higher in the standings, with the Knicks holding the tiebreaker if they finish with the same record.

The Thunder, No. 2 in the West, will meet either NBA champion Dallas or Denver in the first round.

On Sunday, West top seed San Antonio opens against Utah, while the Lakers, the Pacific Division champs and No. 3 seed, get the Mavericks or Nuggets.

Boston-Atlanta and Memphis-Clippers also start Sunday, though home-court advantage for those series won't be known until Thursday night.

The full schedules will be released after Thursday's games.

JordansBulls
04-26-2012, 01:07 PM
So the Bulls get screwed again despite having the best record in the league 2 years in a row and can't even get a game at home on ABC

Slug3
04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't see why the nba wouldnt give the top teams games on Sunday to give them an extra day rest.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Told you guys, with the exception of 2004 (Our playoff opener was Saturday night on ESPN against the Rockets, and this was the Laker team with Shaq-Kobe-Malone-Payton)...

We've always had that 12:30 slot on NBC/ABC Sundays to open up the playoffs. We're the primetime ticket baby! :D