PDA

View Full Version : How far can Chicago go without a healthy Derrick Rose?

Slimsim
04-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Thoughts

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 11:38 AM
All depends on his health.

If he can't attack the rim like he was last year i think they will get to the ECF but not past miami. IMO they need rose to be healthy enough to attack the rim, when he turns into a jump shooter vs. miami he is pretty inefficient.

beasted86
04-24-2012, 11:40 AM
ECF at the least.

They've beaten Miami, Boston, Atlanta, Orlando, New York, and Philly without Rose. They haven't beaten Indy without Rose, but that's just a matter of schedule and timing of Rose's injury.

DaVille
04-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Neither Celtics nor the Heat can matchup with Bulls size. I'm going to say the NBA Finals. And then they get beaten by the Spurs.

Slimsim
04-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I think if they play philly it could be trouble

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I think if they play philly it could be trouble

They could beat philly without rose. I will assume rose is 80% healthy right now. I think philly takes a game off chicago. Philly has a great defense.

8kobe24
04-24-2012, 11:49 AM
IMO second round exit...IF there is no D.Rose vs. the heat in the second round, heat wins 4-1. Sorry Bulls fans...

jp611
04-24-2012, 11:50 AM
IMO second round exit...IF there is no D.Rose vs. the heat in the second round, heat wins 4-1. Sorry Bulls fans...

And how exactly do the Bulls match up with the Heat in the 2nd round? They are the 1st and 2nd seeds

Sinestro
04-24-2012, 11:50 AM

We wouldn't play them in the second....

Hawkeye15
04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I would guess they make it to the ECF'S without a healthy Rose. They have a very, very deep and complete team. They may be able to absorb the loss of their star better than any other team in the NBA.

Sinestro
04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I'd say 7 games against Boston but they lose

king4day
04-24-2012, 11:53 AM
I think the ECF is still possible but not likely.

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 11:55 AM
I forgot they would play boston. I think they need a pretty healthy rose to get by boston, rose at 80% and that series goes 6 or 7 imo.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-24-2012, 12:19 PM
They will lose to Boston if Rose isn't himself

8kobe24
04-24-2012, 12:28 PM
And how exactly do the Bulls match up with the Heat in the 2nd round? They are the 1st and 2nd seeds

My fault, the playoff picture I was looking at had the playoff picture all screwed up. Playing boston in the second round is still tough but not as tough as the heat, they have a shot at making ECF if they play with the consistent D they've shown all season long.

Stinkyoutsider
04-24-2012, 02:16 PM
They're not getting past Boston without him and would struggle against Philly. I'm not sold on Luol Deng's aggresiveness (he needs to take over offensively if Rose isn't around). Role players play better at home in the playoffs though but they wouldn't have enough to beat an experienced Boston team that's in rhythm right now.

The Bulls struggled so much last year in the playoffs, especially against Indiana. With no Rose and Hamilton having to create even more on offense, I think they would be in serious trouble.

Ezio
04-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Lucas would be chucking away and would make it to the ECF.

torocan
04-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Without Rose they *could* get to the ECF, but I wouldn't consider it likely.

Getting past Miami + Boston would be a very tall order.

I just can't see them getting past OKC without Rose. And personally, I don't see them getting past OKC even with Rose.

No offense to Chicago fans, I just think OKC is THAT good and matches up very well against Chicago.

Now if you end up with Chicago vs the Spurs, hrm... would have to think on that some more...

undermeyou
04-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Against a healthy boston team,they have no chance without a healthy derrick rose.Because injured derrick rose means he cant attack the rim then they would be better off with CJ.and dont forget nobody can penetrate boston's defense besides rose in bulls uniform

I wouldnt be surprised if they lost to boston in 6.

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Cant wait to see bradley guarding rose.

Sadds The Gr8
04-24-2012, 02:29 PM
doubt they can beat Boston in a 7 game series w/o Derrick MVP Rose

Southsideheat
04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
I believe home court will matter this year as opposed to last year.

Chicago's bench is better than last year's bench, and we all know bench players play better at home. So the reliance on Rose is not going to be as dramatic as last year and Miami have not looked good on the road this year as opposed to last year.

The question is whether Miami can win at the United Center, because their bench is not going to be a factor on the road. It's all on the Big 3 (mainly Lebron), and the Bulls just have more weapons than they did last year. They're more likely to hold court at home this year, Miami seems to have taken a step back on the road. The only rebuttal to that is that 'They'll turn it on like they did last year' but Miami was playing better on the road last year, and Chicago is simply a better team than last year. People forget that Rose, Boozer, and Noah were all hurt last year, so this years health is actually better than last year, plus the addition of Rip. Just a better team, not convinced Miami is any better. I think it goes 7, and who knows what might happen in the last game.

Southsideheat
04-24-2012, 02:32 PM
doubt they can beat Boston in a 7 game series w/o Derrick MVP Rose

Its hard to lose when you're out rebounding Boston by 20. As a Bulls fan, i'd much rather face Boston than Indiana.

Southsideheat
04-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Cant wait to see bradley guarding rose.

I can't wait to see how Garnett, Bass and the white guy are going to get rebounds versus Noah, Boozer, Asik, and Gibson, and Deng for that matter.

Rose is going to pick his spots these playoffs, he has the weapons around him not to be a one man show like last year.

Ezio
04-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Its hard to lose when you're out rebounding Boston by 20. As a Bulls fan, i'd much rather face Boston than Indiana.

Especially if KG is guarding Noah instead of Boozer.

kozelkid
04-24-2012, 02:39 PM
We're 2-1 against Boston WITHOUT Rose so I'm not sure why people really think we'd have difficulty with Boston. Honestly, Philly would concern me more than Boston.

torocan
04-24-2012, 02:44 PM
We're 2-1 against Boston WITHOUT Rose so I'm not sure why people really think we'd have difficulty with Boston. Honestly, Philly would concern me more than Boston.

Boston is peaking right now.

They're playing Beast ball since the AS break. Their record does not reflect how good they're playing right now, any more than the Knicks record reflects their level of play, or the 76ers and Magic's record reflects their current level of play.

Boston and the Knicks are tough outs right now. Orlando/76er's are the walking dead.

So unless that 2-1 happened since the AS break, it just doesn't mean all that much.

kozelkid
04-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Boston is peaking right now.

They're playing Beast ball since the AS break. Their record does not reflect how good they're playing right now, any more than the Knicks record reflects their level of play, or the 76ers and Magic's record reflects their current level of play.

Boston and the Knicks are tough outs right now. Orlando/76er's are the walking dead.

So unless that 2-1 happened since the AS break, it just doesn't mean all that much.

We beat them when they were "peaking," and that is without Rose.

bigsams50
04-24-2012, 03:13 PM

Playoffs are alot different then regular season though.

torocan
04-24-2012, 03:14 PM

You beat them ONCE since the AS break. The other 2 games were prior to the AS break.

And the score was 93-86, and you were only leading by 1 point going into the 4th, 2 of those points were off FT's from a forced foul with 5.6s left (leading by 5 with 5.6s left), AND you were playing at HOME, after THREE days of rest and Boston coming off a Back to Back vs the Spurs.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of a "Superior" team.

So what you have is a 1-0 record against the current Boston team, with every advantage in your corner.

Doesn't mean that Chicago can't beat Boston, it's just nowhere near the easy wins that 2-1 implied that you were waving like a flag.

I'm not a Boston fan, but if you think that Chicago is going to steamroll them, you really should take a closer clook at Boston. They're playing scary good right now.

Much as I love the Knicks, Boston is the real dark horse in the EC right now. I can see them knocking out Chicago or Miami with a few breaks.

Southsideheat
04-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Boston would rather face the Heat than the Bulls and the Bulls would rather face Boston than Indiana. And any Celtic, Bulls, or Heat fan that watches the games would say the same thing. It's all about matchups.

Cool007
04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Without Rose playing at all, then I don't even see Bulls beating the Sixers/Knicks in the 1st round. Maybe it might go 7 games and Bulls MIGHT pull it out but that's how far they are likely to go without Rose.

If Rose is playing but playing hurt? Then I can see them beating Sixers/Knicks and probably beat Celtics in 7 games but that's about it.

If Rose gets healthy and gets his explosive back by the ECF, then I can see them not only getting past Heat but winning it all.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Ezio
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM

Levels people can't stop talking about them. :pity:

kozelkid
04-24-2012, 04:04 PM

I hate when people say this. Your really think a national televised game between two conference rivals will be a game where either team isn't going all out? Give me a break.

You beat them ONCE since the AS break. The other 2 games were prior to the AS break.

And the score was 93-86, and you were only leading by 1 point going into the 4th, 2 of those points were off FT's from a forced foul with 5.6s left (leading by 5 with 5.6s left), AND you were playing at HOME, after THREE days of rest and Boston coming off a Back to Back vs the Spurs.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of a "Superior" team.

So what you have is a 1-0 record against the current Boston team, with every advantage in your corner.

Doesn't mean that Chicago can't beat Boston, it's just nowhere near the easy wins that 2-1 implied that you were waving like a flag.

I'm not a Boston fan, but if you think that Chicago is going to steamroll them, you really should take a closer clook at Boston. They're playing scary good right now.

Much as I love the Knicks, Boston is the real dark horse in the EC right now. I can see them knocking out Chicago or Miami with a few breaks.

It is.

Again, I'm not being a homer here cause I've stated multiple times that teams like NY and Philly scare me far more than Boston.

Playoffs is a game of matchups more than anything. Boston matches up AWFULLY against the Bulls. That's just a fact. They have little depth due to so many key injuries on their bench, they are the worst rebounding team while we are the best, and oh ya, our coach knows them inside and out.

I've seen enough of Boston this season, peaking or not, Chicago is just an awful matchup. As it is, I don't see the series going more than 6 at most. I'd say 5. Maybe that makes you think I'm a homer. I don't see it that way. Again, Philly and NY are two teams that I can see playing us EXTREMELY tough. Possibly Indiana as well, although it's hard for me to gauge them seeing as we haven't played them in a long time. Just like Miami dominates Philly and has troubles against Boston. As I keep saying, playoffs are a game of match ups.

Atlanta, Orlando (without Howard obviously) and Boston don't worry me one bit. Sorry.

On a last note, who are we to say that Boston even gets to the 2nd round? Atlanta has been as difficult of a match up for Boston as any and it does appear that they'll have HCA to boot.

Cool007
04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I partly disagree with Kozel

Playoffs are definitely a different animal mainly coz you have atleast a day off inbetween, you are playing the same team over and over and if you have a better talent - you are more likely to win it. KG and co, have been through this many many times and have championship experience. THey will be also rested by the time playoff starts.

If Rose doesn't play then Rondo will eat CJ watson alive. KG playing center can hurt us since they have pretty good scorers/shooters at every position (something that Bulls have trouble guarding) and it takes 1 loss at home to lose your homecourt and I can see Boston doing just that.

However all this can change if Rose is semi-healthy and be able to go. Even if Rose is 75% healthy, I can see us beating the Celtics because Rose plays excellent defense and can neutralize Rondo (which is their biggest advantage).

If Rose plays and is atleast 75% healthy, Bulls win in 6 games at worse.
If Rose is a no go, then I see Celtics winning it in 6-7 games.

gaughan333
04-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Levels baby, they wont go anywhere because they don't have levels

SteveNash
04-24-2012, 04:19 PM
NBA Finals. ECF at worst.

IversonIsKrazy
04-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Season is different than Playoffs. Although Bulls won lots of games with Rose, in playoffs it would be different. I would say without Rose its 2nd round exit to Boston. With 50% Rose, same result. With an 80%+ Rose, they can make it either ECF or Finals

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Levels baby, they wont go anywhere because they don't have levels

:laugh2:

jp611
04-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Bulls could beat celtics in a series without Rose IMO, I just don't see how Boston could overcome the size of Chicago in a 7 game series

Hustlenomics
04-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Boston would rather face the Heat than the Bulls and the Bulls would rather face Boston than Indiana. And any Celtic, Bulls, or Heat fan that watches the games would say the same thing. It's all about matchups.

the Heat will be much tougher than the Bulls for the Celtics in the playoffs

jp611
04-24-2012, 06:01 PM

Well you won't play the Hear but even so, the Celtics match up better against the heat because of the size... With Miami there isn't a big size difference as their is with Chicago... The Bulls proved it this year that the celtics are going to have to play perfect basketball to beat them due to the rebounding disadvantage

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 06:02 PM

For sure.

jp611
04-24-2012, 06:04 PM

For sure.

How so? You yourself admit that the Heat don't match up as well against Cs, let's hear this other than homerism, use logic for once please

Jarvo
04-24-2012, 06:06 PM
2nd Round exit if they play Boston

2-ONE-5
04-24-2012, 06:09 PM
They could beat philly without rose. I will assume rose is 80% healthy right now. I think philly takes a game off chicago. Philly has a great defense.

I think the Sixers can beat the Bulls without Rose (Might be a bit of a homer but i believe it) Should get a game hopefully 2 even with Rose. I think the same goes for the Knicks too as painful as that is to say

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 06:11 PM
How so? You yourself admit that the Heat don't match up as well against Cs, let's hear this other than homerism, use logic for once please

We don't, i think they can take more games off us than the bulls can. Boston scares me the most in the east. If rondo wasn't hurt last year that series goes 6 or 7 imo.

Dont get so offended that people aren't shivering in their pants about the bulls.

I think the Sixers can beat the Bulls without Rose (Might be a bit of a homer but i believe it) Should get a game hopefully 2 even with Rose. I think the same goes for the Knicks too as painful as that is to say

You will have a problem rebounding, but rose will be at least 80% imo. I still think philly will play them tough, you guys have a great defense, i wouldnt be surprised if philly wins 2 games.

SteBO
04-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Boston is typically the one team everyone would want to avoid just based on experience alone. Other than that, I simply don't see how you guys can say Boston would beat the Bulls or the Heat in a seven game series. Just look at the matchups.....

Miami is just too athletic for them....plain and simple. Hell, I think Indiana could beat Boston in a playoff series if it came down to it and I don't think Boston is far and away better than Atlanta either.

Chicago is long at every position, and Boston is dead last in rebounding. Put two and two together. I think the series would go 6, but I'd be hard pressed to say Boston would beat them at this point,......even if Rose was even 60 percent healthy. Not a knock on the Celtics, but if you just look at the matchups, this should be pretty obvious.

thekmp211
04-24-2012, 06:46 PM
they ain't getting past round 2 without a healthy rose.

they are essentially the cavs of two years ago, exceptional defense, solid complementary pieces, one star, and he's taking them as far as they go.