PDA

View Full Version : Spurs, Bulls, Clinch 1st seeds: What are their chances?

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2012, 07:38 AM
The Spurs and Bulls have officially clinched the first seed in their respective conferences, but as we know the team with the best record doesn't always win the championship. Last season these same two teams finished first in their respective conferences, yet neither made it to the NBA finals.

In fact, we have to go back to 2008, when the Boston Celtics, with the best record won the championship. Before that, it was 2003 when the Spurs, who tied for the best record in the league, went on to win it.

Do either of these teams have the ability to win the crown? Or will the championship go to a team with a record that is less than the best.

Thoughts?

jp611
04-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Heat haven't clinched the first seed, they're 2 games back

abe_froman
04-24-2012, 07:42 AM
need to look at the east standings again

tcav701
04-24-2012, 07:53 AM
The poll says Bulls, he made a mistake in the title.

jp611
04-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I figured after I read it online... I was on my phone before

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-24-2012, 09:00 AM
:confused:

rossqyb
04-24-2012, 09:11 AM
The poll says Bulls, he made a mistake in the title. http://www.bicidi.info/jpg1
he made a mistake in the title.

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 09:11 AM
spurs have a better chance at getting to the finals tho i dont think either team will

Blitzbolt
04-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't trust the Spurs I don't think Manu and Duncan are gonna be able to go all the way they are resting now but in the playoffs they can't rest.

Also POP is the best but sometimes he outsmarts him self.

Patman
04-24-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't trust the Spurs I don't think Manu and Duncan are gonna be able to go all the way they are resting now but in the playoffs they can't rest.

Yeah they are resting Players and play most of them way under 30 min and they still blow teams out, since the loss to the Lakers no game that they didn't win with double digits (average should be close to 20 a game), since the Trade deadline they outscore their opponents by 11 on average. Tim and Manu look really fresh, Manu plays limited minutes and missed 30 games, Tim plays low minutes and gets days off. I honestly don't think that fitness will play that big of a role in the playoffs.

jp611
04-24-2012, 09:27 AM
spurs have a better chance at getting to the finals tho i dont think either team will

No one stands a chance against the Miami Levels, we know already :yawn:

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 09:31 AM
na, okc, memphis and boston worry me

jp611
04-24-2012, 09:32 AM
The levels don't work against those teams?

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 09:44 AM
The levels don't work against those teams?

They might only work against the bulls

Captain Moroni
04-24-2012, 09:57 AM
The poll says Bulls, he made a mistake in the title.

And he made a mistake in his post as well. I believe he is just mistaken.

kdspurman
04-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Also POP is the best but sometimes he outsmarts him self.

You're talking about a potential Suns/Jazz first round opponent. Tim/Manu will likely not even play 30MPG. So while they're not given nights off, they certainly won't be tired by any means.

Last year at this time, they were on a 6 game losing streak and went 4-8 in their last 12 games. This year with the depth they have, fatigue is clearly not an issue. Folks who don't watch of follow the Spurs don't realize those guys are very fresh. Not to mention Manu has missed +30 games.

Da Knicks
04-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Well i called Knicks vs Spurs at the beginning of the season so im sticking to my guns. Same as the last shortened season but except knicks take it all this time!

Chronz
04-24-2012, 11:16 AM
They might only work against the bulls
Can you explain this levels thing?

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Can you explain this levels thing?

lol, I said the heat have another level in the playoffs. Bulls fans like making fun of it.

JordansBulls
04-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Well considering the Thunder are 2nd now and Lakers 3rd, the Thunder seem to be able to handle the Lakers with much greater ease than the Spurs can.

I think the Clippers may be able to upset the Spurs in round 2 making it a Clips vs thunder WCF. At least that is what I am hoping for. But then again Dallas may upset them in round 1.

TornadoOfSouls
04-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Well considering the Thunder are 2nd now and Lakers 3rd, the Thunder seem to be able to handle the Lakers with much greater ease than the Spurs can.

I think the Clippers may be able to upset the Spurs in round 2 making it a Clips vs thunder WCF. At least that is what I am hoping for. But then again Dallas may upset them in round 1.

Huh? Spurs just handed the Lakers their worst home loss in five years. Not to mention the most recent game in SA, when they blew 'em out by 24 points. The last team that gave LA two twenty point losses in a season were the '05 Pistons.

JayW_1023
04-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Getting the first seed without half trying...imagine how good we can be when we go full throttle. And the depth off the bench will keep each player fresh.

BearsBullsSox
04-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Bulls have the tiebreaker on San Antonio, it's funny though that the two teams that everyone had an erection for this season MIA and OKC wont get HCA in their conferences. How can OKC have a healthy Durant, Westbrook, and Harden all season and not win more games than the Spurs? How can the Heat have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all season and not win more games than a Bulls team that missed Derrick Rose half the season? I guess the Bulls and Spurs just have more heart than these other overrated fully healthy teams in the league.

JayW_1023
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Bulls have the tiebreaker on San Antonio, it's funny though that the two teams that everyone had an erection for this season MIA and OKC wont get HCA in their conferences. How can OKC have a healthy Durant, Westbrook, and Harden all season and not win more games than the Spurs? How can the Heat have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all season and not win more games than a Bulls team that missed Derrick Rose half the season? I guess the Bulls and Spurs just have more heart than these other overrated fully healthy teams in the league.

Because pure team basketball is more effective than all that flashy sports center crap. That's why.

I would love a Bulls-Spurs final. A celebration for the game of basketball.

kozelkid
04-24-2012, 12:37 PM
And Bulls didn't even officially clinch the 1st seed. Not that I expect them to lose to both Indiana AND Cleveland, but this thread is full of fail.

HrtHustleNMscle
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
na, okc, memphis and boston worry me

So you split the season series with D Rose barely playing in all but one of the games, have a worse record, no bench, and need to rely on Lebron almost putting up a triple double every night without HCA (Where you guys play better, cuz you are only 5 games over .500 on the road) and you think you will have no problem with the Bulls? This is why people don't respect your posts, you overrate your team. You should be very worried about Chicago, because we can beat you without our MVP and this is a better team than last year. Both Heat players and fans make it very difficult not to dislike them, so much arrogance...

kdspurman
04-24-2012, 12:40 PM

Yea I don't see the Clippers upsetting the Spurs. We'll out-execute them to death in the half court over a 7 game series.

They don't have a dominant front court that can be series changing. Blake will score every now and then in the post. But That's about it. If Paul gets into foul trouble what happens to them? Which is a strong possibility as Parker will be in attack mode.

haggis
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Because pure team basketball is more effective than all that flashy sports center crap. That's why.

I would love a Bulls-Spurs final. A celebration for the game of basketball.

I want to hold you right now.

todu82
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes, I have the Bulls making it to the finals and San Antonio losing in the 2nd or 3rd round.

JordansBulls
04-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Huh? Spurs just handed the Lakers their worst home loss in five years. Not to mention the most recent game in SA, when they blew 'em out by 24 points. The last team that gave LA two twenty point losses in a season were the '05 Pistons.

Lakers also won in SA by 20+ points as well without Kobe.

kdspurman
04-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Lakers also won in SA by 20+ points as well without Kobe.

Fluke game tbh. Pop kept Blair on Bynum the bulk of the first half. He didn't play any significant minutes the last 2 games. Not to mention Barnes/Artest combing for 8-14 from 3 and 39 points between the 2 of them. That game was won off of the 16 offensive rebounds for LA compared to SA only having 1.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Heat haven't clinched the first seed, they're 2 games back

Doh! That was supposed to be Spurs Bulls! FAWK!!!!! I FAWKED THIS WHOLE THREAD UP AND MADE MYSELF LOOK LIKE A TOOL!!!!! $#!T FAWK AZZ T!T$!

Joshtd1
04-24-2012, 03:06 PM
I love our chances if we stay healthy the way we are playing right now. Perfect time to be peaking

JayW_1023
04-24-2012, 04:06 PM
I love our chances if we stay healthy the way we are playing right now. Perfect time to be peaking

I'm really nervous now. I would rather be an underdog and sneak up on people. If we don't win the whole thing this year, it will hurt as hell.

Muttman73
04-24-2012, 04:11 PM
The Spurs and Bulls have officially clinched the first seed in their respective conferences, but as we know the team with the best record doesn't always win the championship. Last season these same two teams finished first in their respective conferences, yet neither made it to the NBA finals.

Thoughts?

I think you better check your thread name, I know it's been said already...just pissed me off

rockbottom2010
04-24-2012, 04:17 PM
if rose didn't over work his body last season....the bull would have a chance...they need one more superstar...then they can compete with MIA

Missing56&33
04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
And Bulls didn't even officially clinch the 1st seed. Not that I expect them to lose to both Indiana AND Cleveland, but this thread is full of fail.

I was just about to say that...I saw that Miami needed to loss Sunday for the Bulls to clinch but they won .....its not official yet so this thread is ********.

naps
04-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Yeah, Heat clearly clinched the 1st seed by a large margin.

pakyofivetimes
04-24-2012, 09:16 PM
The Spurs can, but in Chicago's side it's gonna be very hard. But the HCA can really take effect in the gameplay. So, who knows the West and East top seed will go to the finals.

The Jokemaker
04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't see either team making it to the Finals. Spurs are good but I think a younger team like the Thunder or Grizz could beat them this year. As far as the Bulls, I can't see them outtalenting the Heat in a 7 game series (and I'm no heat fan).

Neosheed
04-25-2012, 02:38 PM
LMBO yo y is it that every body thinks that the hear have this magical level that the bulls or the thunder or any other team can't match.....dude this is the playoff everything you thought u knew about a team has change especially the heat fast breaking points will b limted and they only above average in the half court