PDA

View Full Version : James Harden (Concussion) Listed Day-to-Day, No Penalty for World Peace Yet

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7847757/james-harden-oklahoma-city-thunder-day-day-elbow-head

A day after taking a severe blow to the head that resulted in a concussion, Oklahoma City guard James Harden was listed as day to day by the team.

Harden is unlikely to play in the team's remaining two regular season games, The Oklahoman reported Monday night.

With 1:39 left to go in the first half of the Thunder's double-overtime loss to the Lakers, Harden was struck in the side of the head by an elbow from Los Angeles' Metta World Peace.

Harden immediately fell to the court and stayed down while play was stopped for several minutes as referees separated Lakers and Thunder players who were arguing and a flagrant 2 determination was only made after the collision was reviewed on a video monitor at center court.

The league is still reviewing the situation and will not hand down punishment for World Peace on Monday.

Harden must pass a battery of league-mandated concussion tests to be cleared to play again, a process Oklahoma City says has already begun.

"Harden participated in a series of limited activities per NBA guidelines, but has additional steps that must be taken under the league-mandated concussion policy before he can make his return to the court," the Thunder said in a statement.

Despite being the Thunder's sixth man, Harden is a key part of the team's success. The third-year player is averaging 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists for Oklahoma City which sits in second place behind the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference.

shep33
04-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Metta will get 10-15 games in my opinion

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Metta will get 10-15 games in my opinion

They're taking a long time to decide this, Shep, I actually think it can be for the entire postseason. David Stern and Stu Jackson want to send a message to the league IMO.

shep33
04-23-2012, 09:04 PM
They're taking a long time to decide this, Shep, I actually think it can be for the entire postseason. David Stern and Stu Jackson want to send a message to the league IMO.

Totally KB, I think the longer they take, the worse its going to be. We'll have to make due with Ebanks and Barnes. Sad because Metta was playing so great, and then he just snapped... that's just him though, he's got some issues lol

theheatles
04-23-2012, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBejbRJyIRk&feature=player_embedded

DaLakerz Rulz
04-23-2012, 09:06 PM
And this is exactly why I feared it would be a long suspension. It was a dangerous play, whether intended or not. Since Harden may have a concussion, Artest is going to at the very least miss the first round.

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 09:06 PM
i still think it will between 3-5 games this season and possibly games at the beginning of next year as ric bucher alluded to since artest will not lose any money by missing games in the playoffs

eibbor
04-23-2012, 09:07 PM

This is similar to what I said in the first thread about the elbow. With all the concussion problems, especially in multiple sports, along with his history I could very well see his season being over.

When SAS said 3 games I laughed my *** off.

I've always liked MWP, but I think they SHOULD send some sort of a message. Do I agree with all the playoffs? I wouldn't say that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-23-2012, 09:09 PM
i still think it will between 3-5 games this season and possibly games at the beginning of next year as ric bucher alluded to since artest will not lose any money by missing games in the playoffs

Can they really specify which games he can miss though (playoffs vs regular season)? I don't think they would do that. The suspension would just start from now and continue into the playoffs.

eibbor
04-23-2012, 09:10 PM

They could make the fine huge. 3 - 5? I don't see it, it's the team that will be hurt, not his pocket. But who knows. I'd hate that for the Lakers actually but the actions of 1 affect many.

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
this is from bucher so take for what its worth in your minds

Stern likely to suspend Artest for some 2012-13 reg-season games, along w/playoff games. Reason: postseason games don't cost Metta any $.

Since some asked: I'm guessing 5 playoff games, 5 reg-season games. That's pure speculation. Puff of white smoke yet to emerge from 5th Ave.

Also for those who asked: Stern can't hit MWP w/playoff games + big fine. Fine limited by CBA, not likely >20K. Checking on exact #.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
im expecting 5-10 GAMES. but if hes out for the enitre playoffs i wouldnt be surprised

Jenceman
04-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm expecting him to be out the first round.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 09:24 PM
this is from bucher so take for what its worth in your minds

Ric bucher is a moron

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 09:26 PM
He'll probably be out for the entire first round any more than that is unfortunate for the Lakers we'll need his defense.

jayjay33
04-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Artest was wrong for what he did, but why the hell would you try to man up on artest? I saw that crazy mofo tackle somebody into a steel barricade in summer league game his team was winning big! Harden pulled that though guy **** with Kobe, but Ron, Ron ain't Kobe. That being said I think 5 games is appropriate.

TheHighLife
04-23-2012, 10:15 PM
I wonder if Artest is gonna cancel his appearance tomorrow on Conan...

tredigs
04-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Fun facts on Artest: In 2007 he both was arrested and jailed (and suspended from the Kings) for abusing his girlfriend, AND had a search and seizure placed on his house to take his Great Dane's custody from him because he was starving it to death.

What. A. Guy. And this is FOLLOWING the largest suspension ever bestowed on a player in NBA history - Now this deal with Harden. Awesome.

Toss this ****ing disgrace of a human in prison and throw away the key. That's where his home is.

TboneM3
04-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Ron Artest for President!

:clap:

Don't take no shiat from no punk *** biches.

ddent12
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
If they are going to use the past with this situation then they need to look at it from both sides. On several occasions harden runs into players after the play is over and initiates contact. He did this last year in the playoffs with chandler and a couple times this season. I've watch this clip a hundred times and laughed Everytime. In fact harden was dumb enough ,if you watch closely, to start to signal with his arm an offensive foul. If anything that's why they are taking so long. They are making a new rule. "He who flops, gets bopped". It's the new Artestiment

TboneM3
04-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Just watched it over and over in both real time and slow mo and Harden is very clearly, purposely getting in Artest's way. This does not condone Artest's action of course.

I also noticed that he was cleared to play for the second half and passed the concussion tests, but now they're saying he has a concussion. Bullsh.... Everybody is hyping this up so much to go against Artest, which I do understand, but lament as a Laker fan.

Why o why couldn't this have happened to Blake Griffin - I'd be doing backflips...

Sadds The Gr8
04-24-2012, 12:21 AM
should be the whole playoffs, but I think it'll be round 1.

Dade County
04-24-2012, 12:30 AM
I feel he shouldn't be brought back until the league can find out, if he does or does not have mental problems... The boy is off his rockers

LakersIn5
04-24-2012, 12:33 AM
dont suspend him in the 2012 playoffs, suspend him the entire 2012-2013 regular season. i dont mind :p

LakersIn5
04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
if blake didnt even get a fine for his hit on gasol's face then MWP's suspension shouldnt be that long.

dodie53
04-24-2012, 12:39 AM
he maybe done for the whole season imo.

eibbor
04-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Just watched it over and over in both real time and slow mo and Harden is very clearly, purposely getting in Artest's way. This does not condone Artest's action of course.

I also noticed that he was cleared to play for the second half and passed the concussion tests, but now they're saying he has a concussion. Bullsh.... Everybody is hyping this up so much to go against Artest, which I do understand, but lament as a Laker fan.

Why o why couldn't this have happened to Blake Griffin - I'd be doing backflips...

Almost nothing you just said is true.

If you actually watch, after initial contact is made(When Harden brushes up against Artest) Harden is actually pulling his head back out of the way and then get's the elbow. Had he not it would have been a worse concussion...

I don't think the contact is as bad as what most are saying, but it is the intent that matters... ...and I love me some Artest. But he knew there was a human being in the path of his elbow lol

He wasn't cleared to play as you say... He obviously went in and said he was ok and came back out, but there are new rules that determine if you are ok or not after a hit to the head and just because he ran back out to the bench doesn't mean he was ok. Turns out he DOES have a concussion and now has to pass some tests to make sure he is ok... Which makes sense.

Running back out from the locker room to the cameras, oops bench, doesn't make you ok. But it was a nice touch.

With all that said, I'd have no problem with him gone til next season... Not because of damage or injury, but because of what could have happened.

Young2Kinsler
04-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Anything less than 30 games is unacceptable.

sjbirds
04-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Ron Artest for President!

:clap:

Don't take no shiat from no punk *** biches. yeah instead miss the playoffs n get ur team knocked out in the 1st round...u showed them... way 2 be tough when no one is looking

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 02:14 AM

That will be so unfair if they suspend him for the whole postseason.

Everybody knows Harden is totally fine. He didn't even have any bumps or bruises, no blood. He wasn't knocked out, he was just rolling around play acting.

Such an joke, so unfair if there is a huge suspension.

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 02:21 AM
And, AND if you watch the Artest v Harden clip, you can see that, yes, Ron brings his arm around, but what makes the hit look so dramatic is the way that Harden just instantly drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes and starts rolling around in "agony."

But if you watch the Dallas clip, and that other one, I forget which team, you can see that he does the EXACT SAME THING WITH ZERO CONTACT.

I don't know how else to make it clear but this incident was at least 70% flop. A normal player would kind of glance off that elbow and jump back and there'd be a bit of pushing and jawing back and forth.

But no, Harden drops like a Kimbo Slice knockout victim, in retrospect clearly flopping, and yet everyone is still saying that Artest should be suspended forever.

Harden is faking. This is actually the culmination, the extreme endpoint, of all the flopping we've seen in the league this year. It's provocation, flopping, faking, acting and miming, AND some faked medical reports it sounds like.

If Harden is going to claim "concussion" and if that is going to affect a punishment or suspension, then OKC and Harden should have to show proof and documentation of the diagnosis.

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 02:22 AM
If OKC is reporting a faked medical diagnosis of concussion and that can be proven, it should cost OKC a 1st round draft pick for cheating.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-24-2012, 02:26 AM
If OKC is reporting a faked medical diagnosis of concussion and that can be proven, it should cost OKC a 1st round draft pick for cheating.

:laugh2:

Pathetic.

Have some ****ing integrity. I know you're a Lakers fan but come on. An elbow strike like that from a 250 pound man at that speed can definitely give a concussion. Especially to the back of the head. It's more likely he got one hurt 1 way or another from that hit.

NE Sportsfan
04-24-2012, 02:26 AM
And, AND if you watch the Artest v Harden clip, you can see that, yes, Ron brings his arm around, but what makes the hit look so dramatic is the way that Harden just instantly drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes and starts rolling around in "agony."

But if you watch the Dallas clip, and that other one, I forget which team, you can see that he does the EXACT SAME THING WITH ZERO CONTACT.

I don't know how else to make it clear but this incident was at least 70% flop. A normal player would kind of glance off that elbow and jump back and there'd be a bit of pushing and jawing back and forth.

But no, Harden drops like a Kimbo Slice knockout victim, in retrospect clearly flopping, and yet everyone is still saying that Artest should be suspended forever.

Harden is faking. This is actually the culmination, the extreme endpoint, of all the flopping we've seen in the league this year. It's provocation, flopping, faking, acting and miming, AND some faked medical reports it sounds like.

If Harden is going to claim "concussion" and if that is going to affect a punishment or suspension, then OKC and Harden should have to show proof and documentation of the diagnosis.

:facepalm:

Dumbest crap anyone's posted in this forum....that's saying a lot. Stop being such a homer, you sound extremely dumb. That was a hard *** elbow to the head by a scumbag player.

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 02:41 AM
:facepalm:

Dumbest crap anyone's posted in this forum....that's saying a lot. Stop being such a homer, you sound extremely dumb. That was a hard *** elbow to the head by a scumbag player.

Ok. But, can we all agree, that it is made to look much, much worse by the fact that Harden instantly drops to the ground and starts rolling around in pain?

And that we've seen him do this exact same thing several times when there clearly was no significant contact?

MTone8788
04-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Ok. But, can we all agree, that it is made to look much, much worse by the fact that Harden instantly drops to the ground and starts rolling around in pain?

And that we've seen him do this exact same thing several times when there clearly was no significant contact?

Let's see Ron Artest elbow you to the head with that same intensity and force, and I wonder how you'd react... :eyebrow:

mdm692
04-24-2012, 03:08 AM
I thibk theyre planning on handing out the suspension right before the pkayoffs to ensure he misses the most playoffs possible.

dAngelo
04-24-2012, 03:14 AM

You are dumb and idiotic. Did it not occur to you that MAYBE, just maybe, Harden went down like a sack of potatoes and was in "agony" because he got hit in the head with an elbow from a 6-8 250 pound man who is very well known to be one of the strongest athlete in the NBA? Please do yourself and everyone a favor and just disappear.

mdm692
04-24-2012, 03:15 AM

i dont think he rolls in pain i think he got ko'd by such a big effing elbow from a man who doesnt give a crap about hurting other players. I mean you can try and let ron artest elbow you in the back of the head see if you come up with different results.

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 04:37 AM
You are dumb and idiotic. Did it not occur to you that MAYBE, just maybe, Harden went down like a sack of potatoes and was in "agony" because he got hit in the head with an elbow from a 6-8 250 pound man who is very well known to be one of the strongest athlete in the NBA? Please do yourself and everyone a favor and just disappear.

Just look at the animation in my sig.

Just LOOK AT MY SIG.

What do you see? Could you please describe what you see, sir?

How would you describe and explain Mr. Harden's actions in the video clearly visible in my sig that you are looking at right now?

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Here's the full version with commentary if you still don't get it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSyuUQZSFlU

and there's also this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gDcHZ1lszY

ThunderousDemon
04-24-2012, 04:50 AM
I think I found out why Ronnie hit Harden

dAngelo
04-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Just look at the animation in my sig.

Just LOOK AT MY SIG.

What do you see? Could you please describe what you see, sir?

How would you describe and explain Mr. Harden's actions in the video clearly visible in my sig that you are looking at right now?

I see Harden flopping. He was barely hit and it's an obvious flop. So what? What do these videos have anything to do with the issue at hand? You're saying that because Harden flopped on those plays, he also, absolutely, flopped on that hit by Artest even though when you watch it, you can clearly see that Artest connected with the elbow?

Open your eyes, your blind homerism is making you look stupid. Sure, Harden's reputation as a flopper doesn't help in a way that when he gets hit, people will always doubt if it is a clean hit or if he's just flopping. In this case, however, there's a video that shows that he CLEARLY got hit in the head, there's even a slow mo for God's sake.

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 05:47 AM
I see Harden flopping. He was barely hit and it's an obvious flop. So what? What do these videos have anything to do with the issue at hand? You're saying that because Harden flopped on those plays, he also, absolutely, flopped on that hit by Artest even though when you watch it, you can clearly see that Artest connected with the elbow?

Open your eyes, your blind homerism is making you look stupid. Sure, Harden's reputation as a flopper doesn't help in a way that when he gets hit, people will always doubt if it is a clean hit or if he's just flopping. In this case, however, there's a video that shows that he CLEARLY got hit in the head, there's even a slow mo for God's sake.

Yes, Harden did definitely get hit.

BUT, he also flopped down onto the ground as if he was KO'd, which was clearly an act and totally exaggerated the severity of the incident, and he also rolled around holding his head as if he were in agony, exactly as we've seen him do in scenarios when there was no meaningful contact. (again, check out the sig for reference)

In other words, Harden is trying to make it look far worse than it is.

Seeing as everyone is waiting to see the severity of the league penalty, I think this is highly relevant. What could be more relevant?

Bottom line: if, let's say, the league was going to take a super harsh approach and suspend Artest 10 games, because of his past history and their collective fears about a racial image problem etc etc, OK, if that's the suspension they were leaning toward giving him, then, if you see this evidence and reassess, that this is just an ordinary elbow or bumping / pushing incident, just tarted up with Harden's Italian soccer league antics and the hysterical announcers, then you probably decide that a 3 game suspension is sufficient.

BlinkManJan02
04-24-2012, 05:48 AM
If Ron Artest played in the NFL he would def play for the Saints. On defense.

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 05:49 AM
anyway, I'm done with this. Everyone is trying to act so stupid and blind, making me explain every little detail about this, when it should just be totally obvious by looking at the sig. That video clip gives you all the information you need about this, really.

BlinkManJan02
04-24-2012, 05:52 AM
^^^ wow Harden is a biiiitch how pathetic ! according to that sig anyways. Thanks for posting sssmush ! Artest and Harden are both fools.

EDIT: If Harden really did get a concussion, karma gave it to him. Not Artest.

kblo247
04-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Look at Hardens punk *** peaking while in such agony as Max pointed out on Max and Marcellus

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/04/22/042212-NBA-Harden-PI-AM_20120422192828542_660_320.JPG

Like I said, Harden brought the hit in himself as he pulled the fake an elbow to the head stunt twice versus Dallas. The difference is instead of him faking like he did with Chandler and Terry and flopping to the ground and flailing around without anything connecting, Artest knocked the **** out of him

You want to run up on a guy, not make a basketball play, and put your head in position to be caved in so you can take a dive ... then pick a better person to try it on. He's just lucky Artest wasn't Karl Malone as he would have been stretchers out Staples for that punk asscalculated gamble he took and wound up actually paying for on strike 3 as he got away with it before more than once

Kharma

basketfan4life
04-24-2012, 06:42 AM
well, a couple days before this, d-wade hit rip blatantly, and totally got away with it. Why in the world we punish actions by where he hit or how hard did he it?

wade knocked rip to the grıound and a lot of people here said it is not wades fault rip is thin and weak? Now all of them wants artests head. You know what? Now it's not artests fault that harden is so floppy and artest is so strong.

Don't get me wrong, i know artest hit him harder, and should get suspended more than wade, but if wade gets away with nothing on that play, artest can get away with 1-2 games. Because it is not the resul that the league should punish for, it's the act. Wade could've missed his target, hit the neck and caused a lot more serious problems. The act is the real deal here. Everybody complains about star treatment in the league, but everybody does exact same thing, come on, be a little consistent, don't be such pathetic. Also in wades case i should recall, it was first rondos arm then kobes nose then knocking down rip, he is going the wrong way.

thekmp211
04-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Fun facts on Artest: In 2007 he both was arrested and jailed (and suspended from the Kings) for abusing his girlfriend, AND had a search and seizure placed on his house to take his Great Dane's custody from him because he was starving it to death.

What. A. Guy. And this is FOLLOWING the largest suspension ever bestowed on a player in NBA history - Now this deal with Harden. Awesome.

Toss this ****ing disgrace of a human in prison and throw away the key. That's where his home is.

i think his mental health issues may pose the biggest problem for the league, honestly. people close to him make a defense that sounds like an insanity plea from a murderer (NOT EQUATING THE TWO ACTS). if he's really that unstable and no one did anything about it, it could be even more trouble for stern and co.

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 06:52 AM
I just found these comments from Skip Bayless too, which I think are very sensible. Say what you want about Skip, but he is pretty reasonable, and an ok guy. I hope he and Jalen have worked things out:

http://blog.newsok.com/sportsmedia/2012/04/23/skip-bayless-calls-james-harden-partially-to-blame-for-elbow-from-lakers-metta-world-peace/

thekmp211
04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
I just found these comments from Skip Bayless too, which I think are very sensible. Say what you want about Skip, but he is pretty reasonable, and an ok guy. I hope he and Jalen have worked things out:

http://blog.newsok.com/sportsmedia/2012/04/23/skip-bayless-calls-james-harden-partially-to-blame-for-elbow-from-lakers-metta-world-peace/

1. skip loves attention
2. even if you buy into this, there is no justification for what metta did.
3. skip loves attention.
4. skip loves attention

seriously though, i do like him a lot despite his reputation. but he does one of two things with every topic. he either nails it, or identifies to contrary line to tow and goes all out. this is what that was imo. doesn't change anything, either.

Sssmush
04-24-2012, 06:59 AM
and, uh, angry girlfriends and dogs that ran out of food during a roadtrip aside,

this is more about something like *DUNK* chest pound and then just better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iOpUdsMeqM

raiderfaninTX
04-24-2012, 07:26 AM

1. go to bed kid dont you have school in a few hours.

2. Of course you went out and found someone to support your arguments to bad it was skip bayless, who is the rush limbaugh of espn

theheatles
04-24-2012, 08:00 AM
THE ****ING IRONY!!!

Durant called Bosh a fake tough guy last yr when in reality the thunder are nothing but a group of fake tough guys

Bosh leveling Durant on that 1 pick a couple weeks ago was great but this Artest elbow is amazing

tcav701
04-24-2012, 08:20 AM
THE ****ING IRONY!!!

Durant called Bosh a fake tough guy last yr when in reality the thunder are nothing but a group of fake tough guys

Bosh leveling Durant on that 1 pick a couple weeks ago was great but this Artest elbow is amazing

Do you seriously find happiness in that cheap shot?

theheatles
04-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Do you seriously find happiness in that cheap shot?

well...when I laugh, it makes me happy so yeah, it brought me happiness

tcav701
04-24-2012, 08:33 AM
well...when I laugh, it makes me happy so yeah, it brought me happiness

All because Durant called one of ur wittle heat players a fake tough guy?

theheatles
04-24-2012, 08:37 AM
All because Durant called one of ur wittle heat players a fake tough guy?

bait much?

Bosh gave Durant the business last time they played and he didn't do a damn thing, Durant needs to learn to stfu, his smack talk is showing his own insecurities

tcav701
04-24-2012, 08:45 AM
bait much?

Bosh gave Durant the business last time they played and he didn't do a damn thing, Durant needs to learn to stfu, his smack talk is showing his own insecurities

Oh yeah thats right,

It's okay to garauntee 7 championships, talk about how easy it is going to be and whine to the refs all game but it's not okay to call heat players out.

P.S. Durant never pretended or claimed to be a tough guy.

Do you think we will see piss running down Bosh's leg tonight? He has seemed terrified of KG this year.

frank the tank
04-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Metta is a manic but thats what the lakers need, they have to many soft players.

NY Drizzy
04-24-2012, 09:36 AM

I would suspend him for post season

Law25
04-24-2012, 09:47 AM
anyway, I'm done with this. Everyone is trying to act so stupid and blind, making me explain every little detail about this, when it should just be totally obvious by looking at the sig. That video clip gives you all the information you need about this, really.

Youve more than proved your point some people are purposly putting the blinders on. Metta should be suspened but not much. Harden is flopping the media and was cleared to play the second half, and he and the Thunder should have to show proof he now has a concussion, before any conclusion is made on Metta. Holding out making it look worse than what it is should be punished if there is nothing wrong.

YashBoone
04-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Lmao that sig is funny but that is a different situation. And you can't bring that into this situation to prove a point.

Yeah we get it harden, amongst many many others flops.

But I don't need you to tell me what happened with world peace. I saw it myself.

He friggin nailed harden.
And it wasn't an accident.

Law25
04-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Look at Hardens punk *** peaking while in such agony as Max pointed out on Max and Marcellus

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/04/22/042212-NBA-Harden-PI-AM_20120422192828542_660_320.JPG

Like I said, Harden brought the hit in himself as he pulled the fake an elbow to the head stunt twice versus Dallas. The difference is instead of him faking like he did with Chandler and Terry and flopping to the ground and flailing around without anything connecting, Artest knocked the **** out of him

You want to run up on a guy, not make a basketball play, and put your head in position to be caved in so you can take a dive ... then pick a better person to try it on. He's just lucky Artest wasn't Karl Malone as he would have been stretchers out Staples for that punk asscalculated gamble he took and wound up actually paying for on strike 3 as he got away with it before more than once

Kharma

lol the pic is to funny. I posted Sunday night that that fool was peaking, lol. When he was on the floor acting all in pain and **** Westbrooke semi ran up on Metta and Ibaka followed, thats when Harden peaked to see the action, but as soon as the reffs got into it he was back holding his face. It happen so fast like in a one and a half seconds. lol. Glad someone snap shot his *** lol. I would love to see how people defend this.

If i was his teammate i would be whopping his faking *** because that game could have been won and that lost cost them the number one seed.

thekmp211
04-24-2012, 10:13 AM
edit: ^ this guy is pathetic.

Baller1
04-24-2012, 10:22 AM
This thread breeds ignorance.

knicks4life33
04-24-2012, 10:53 AM
If I were stern I would suspend him for the rest of the year. The fact that he **** backed with so much force harden could have been very seriously injured and ontop it'd his 13 suspension. If attest didn't cockback all way then my ruling would be different but he coulda ended d career like that. Look what happined to Rudy tomvanich. In the 70s you guys might not know.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-24-2012, 11:16 AM
bait much?

Are you serious?

You're baiting hunder fans by saying the stuff you're saying now.

Have some integrity. If you're going to call someone out on baiting, you need to shut up and stop baiting yourself.

Chronz
04-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Also in wades case i should recall, it was first rondos arm then kobes nose then knocking down rip, he is going the wrong way.
That was Rondos doing, he grabbed Wade first but Wade was too buff for him.

Chronz
04-24-2012, 11:28 AM

Considering you suggested Prison instead of the mental house, Im assuming you dont care or buy his mental fragility talk?

Wade>You
04-24-2012, 06:07 PM
It's been like 2 or 3 days since Metta World War got ejected, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about a suspension yet. They must really wanna screw him over if they're taking this long.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-24-2012, 06:08 PM
It's been like 2 or 3 days since Metta World War got ejected, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about a suspension yet. They must really wanna screw him over if they're taking this long.

My gut feeling tells me it'll be for the whole playoffs. I've been saying it all along.

beasted86
04-24-2012, 07:26 PM
More so than games missed I'd like Stern to slaughter this guy's wallet.

I'd say a first roundish 10 game suspension is adequate, but I want the monetary fine to be something ludicrous like $1.5M. This will teach him and guys who think they can play like this a lesson and set a precedent to "goon" role players trying to take out all-star opponents.

Law25
04-24-2012, 07:32 PM
edit: ^ this guy is pathetic.

Pathetic becuase you say so? Get outta hear. I believe Harden is a flopper to the extreme. Have you watched the clip since it happened? are you at all unbiased? I can admit it was a bone head play and Metta needs to be dealt with, but after going over it and going over it again, I think Harden threw a lot of flopping in ther to over sell it to the media and fans watching. I mean your clear to play but you dont, and reports coming out are saying your still going through multiple concussion tests, like ther extra looking for something thats not ther. Either its bad or it not, either your hurt or your not. If you watch again you will see him peeking at the action in the middle of his rolling when it looked as if things were gonna turn up a notch. I call you pathetic for overlooking the obvious and what your eyes can clearly see in picture thats been provided and in video that you can see on youtube.

thekmp211
04-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Pathetic becuase you say so? Get outta hear. I believe Harden is a flopper to the extreme. Have you watched the clip since it happened? are you at all unbiased? I can admit it was a bone head play and Metta needs to be dealt with, but after going over it and going over it again, I think Harden threw a lot of flopping in ther to over sell it to the media and fans watching. I mean your clear to play but you dont, and reports coming out are saying your still going through multiple concussion tests, like ther extra looking for something thats not ther. Either its bad or it not, either your hurt or your not. If you watch again you will see him peeking at the action in the middle of his rolling when it looked as if things were gonna turn up a notch. I call you pathetic for overlooking the obvious and what your eyes can clearly see in picture thats been provided and in video that you can see on youtube.

not only is this not a fact, but an opinion, it is so far from justifying a full on elbow to the skull that it shouldn't need to be said.

effen5
04-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Suspend him for te playoffs + 25 games that should make smushy mad

thekmp211
04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
7 games. not enough imo.

gotoHcarolina52
04-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Seven games is reasonable, though quite lenient. First two rounds would've been justified.

smith&wesson
04-24-2012, 08:00 PM
they made an example of him before. nothing changed obviously

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Close thread, we have a Metta-7 game suspension thread.