PDA

View Full Version : Does Dallas have a better shot to beat OKC Thunder or LA Lakers in round 1

JordansBulls
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
It appears the Mavs will either be the #6 or #7 seed and the Thunder will be the #2 seed and Lakers #3 seed. With that in mind, who does the defending champs Dallas have a better shot to beat in the opening round of the playoffs? OKC Thunder or LA Lakers?

LAKERMANIA
04-23-2012, 03:37 PM
The Thunder are too quick for the Mavericks, I personally dont think they have a shot to beat either team in the first round, but gun to my head I'd say they have a better chance to beat the Lakers in round 1.

kdspurman
04-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I would say OKC. The Lakers are probably itching to play them again cause of last year. That kind of embarrassment is enough to really motivate those guys especially Kobe. OKC on the other hand has to be careful as so many folks are penciling them as the Western Conf. Champions, to not let that get in their head and still play and work hard

heyman321
04-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd rather them face OKC than the Lakers. The Lakers are finally pounding the ball into Bynum and Gasol and their size is killing them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs were swept by the Lakers. And with Barea gone they really have no one that can penetrate. The Mavs have played OKC pretty close this year, of the games I watched, but I doubt they could beat either of them. But a better shot at beating OKC for sure. and it looks like Denver has the 6 spot locked up, so good break for Dallas.

JordansBulls
04-25-2012, 12:18 PM
So for the Mavs they either need to win there last game and Denver splits or Denver needs to lose both games if Dallas loses in Atlanta.

lakers4sho
04-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Without chandler the lakers are a bad matchup for the mavs

gatkins11
04-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I personally would rather play OKC, but that doesn't mean I think Dallas will beat them.

Baller1
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
I think Dallas has a better shot against OKC; losin Chandler hurts them bad against LA, and not as much against OKC. However, I do think OKC has more firepower if Harden is healthy, although we saw how that went last year.

clehmun
04-25-2012, 01:39 PM
I think Dallas will most likely be the 6th seed since they own the tie breaker against Denver.

I don't see Denver going 2-0 vs OKC and MINN.

leftymo
04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
It doesn't mean too much, but sometimes a glaring matchup problem can reveal itself in the reg season. Like the Warriors vs. Mavs several years ago that eventually cost the Mavs in the first round.

Lakers were 4-0 against Dallas this year, but that was probably due to motivation from last year's playoffs.

How did Dallas do against OKC in the reg season? If they showed some hint of dominance, then maybe OKC.

LTBaByyy
04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
OKC easily, Marion stops Durant every time!

D West can stop Westbrook. When you stop those 2 it is over like last year when we played them

They have no inside game so not having Chandler doesn't matter in that series

LTBaByyy
04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Playing against the Lakers would be tough

But them not having World Peace helps a lot more than people think for whoever plays the Lakers

Cal827
04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Dallas would do better against OKC. I honestly don't see the Thunder even getting to the WCF.

stipe1280
04-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Mavs will lose to either team, so it doesn't matter.

Eg714
04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I think the mavs have a shot of taking out okc. Hopefully they play them in the first round.

Tanakid777
04-25-2012, 02:09 PM
OKC easily, Marion slows down Durant every time!

D West can bother Westbrook somewhat. When you stop those 2 it is over like last year when we played them

They have no inside game so not having Chandler doesn't matter as much as one might think in that series

fixed

lakerboy
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
OKC is the better match up. I've seen some Mavs games, and correct me if I am wrong Mavs fans, but they seem to ALWAYS play well against OKC

Mr_Amaziing
04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Neither
Dallas will lose in the first round

shep33
04-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I think LA. No Artest for the first round is a huge blow

LTBaByyy
04-25-2012, 03:29 PM
OKC will be the Spurs of last year

Don't know how Harden is, If you slow down Durant and Westbrook they aren't good

Don't forget how good Dirk is, clearly Ibaka and Collison can't stop him (WCF last year)

The Lakers on the other hand, we wont beat them this year

They clearly have gotten their revenge on us in the season and playoffs would be worse

Against Thunder: Mavs win 4-2

Against Lakers: Lakers win 4-2

Lakers + Giants
04-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I think mavs have a much better shot against us than OKC. I think OKC beats in im 5 tops and we'll beat mavs in 6 possibly 7.

LTBaByyy
04-25-2012, 03:44 PM
OKC is overrated

We beat them easily last year in the WCF!!!! They have the same team

Delonte West is playing the same defense Stevenson did (w/ better offense)

Marion and West will slow down Durant and Westbrook, we don't even know if Harden is okay

Dirk is not gonna let that team beat us. He will play like last year when we beat them quick

I say Mavs in 6 against OKC, they have no inside game and we didn't need Chandler to beat the Thunder

We needed Chandler to beat the Lakers!!!! Not Thunder

Plus, Ibaka and Collison wont be stopping Dirk at all. Please watch The WCF last year

They have the same exact team plus Fisher

kenzo400
04-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Lakers inside scoring would destroy Mavs. They have nobody to slow down Bynum and Gasol. With OKC i think they have a chance.

RaiderLakersA's
04-25-2012, 06:13 PM
They have no shot. Should have tanked the season.

Baller1
04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
OKC is overrated

We beat them easily last year in the WCF!!!! They have the same team

Delonte West is playing the same defense Stevenson did (w/ better offense)

Marion and West will slow down Durant and Westbrook, we don't even know if Harden is okay

Dirk is not gonna let that team beat us. He will play like last year when we beat them quick

I say Mavs in 6 against OKC, they have no inside game and we didn't need Chandler to beat the Thunder

We needed Chandler to beat the Lakers!!!! Not Thunder

Plus, Ibaka and Collison wont be stopping Dirk at all. Please watch The WCF last year

They have the same exact team plus Fisher

The Mavs didn't "easily" beat OKC last season. It took a pathetic collapse and an all-time great playoff run by Dirk...