PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs are 18-2 over their last 20 games

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 10:27 AM
They are balling it, Tim Duncan is looking like the Duncan of the good ole days, Manu is getting healthy, and Tony Parker is playing at a top 3 MVP level and the best ball of his career. He's probably playing like the best point guard in the league. The role players are playing at an elite level.

Their only 2 losses were a road loss to Utah (in a game the Big 3 didn't even make the trip), and a home loss to the Lakers all due to something that might not ever happen (Andrew Bynum with 30 rebounds).

They have clinched the #1 seed in the West.

They are ballin it! Thoughts.

metsrock229
04-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Getting hot at the right time, very dangerous team riding this hot streak into the playoffs

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Getting hot at the right time, very dangerous team riding this hot streak into the playoffs

They're playing the best ball of anyone in the league and all their guys are healthy. This will be the first time they'll be a true contender since 2008 when they made it to the WCF. Last yr was a fluke and I knew it because those Spurs barely played any D, they just tried to outscore their opponents. This yr's Spurs team is slightly better on D.

ManningToTyree
04-23-2012, 10:45 AM
They are not to be over looked like last season. They are a huge threat in the West.

kdspurman
04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Their defense has certainly improved from last season. The 2nd half of the season adding guys like Diaw who's been surprising on that end and Jackson have helped a ton.

What I like most about this team is they are not the live by the 3 die by the 3 team they were last year. They're top 10 in points in the paint and still have guys who are shooting the 3 very well.

Pop finally caving and starting Splitter with Duncan against bigger teams is also a great yet obvious move. I just hope they save some for the playoffs. They've had 2 11 game win streaks and if they win out the reg season could have 3 of at least 10. Keeping up the intensity, focus, and discipline in the playoffs will be very important.

Avenged
04-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Peaking into the playoffs.. I hope it continues (if/when? the Lakers get eliminated).. They are certainly a team that's not hard to root for, and it would be great if Duncan & Parker can get another championship.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 11:20 AM
If they win tonight at home against Portland, they will clinch the best record out West.

haggis
04-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Since the trade deadline:

http://i.imgur.com/GfR2I.jpg

Jetsguy
04-23-2012, 11:27 AM
and what makes them even more scary is they have the experience when it counts. We will have to see how their stamina is when the playoffs roll around, they are definately not a young team.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 11:31 AM
really really want them to rematch with memphis. manu is healthy, and they are deeper than last year. considering dallas is effed, they should be the nominal favorites.

kdspurman
04-23-2012, 11:33 AM
and what makes them even more scary is they have the experience when it counts. We will have to see how their stamina is when the playoffs roll around, they are definately not a young team.

Outside of Tim/Manu they definitely ARE a young team. (which could be a concern in itself when talking about keeping composure, executing, etc...)

No one is playing 30+ mins except Parker. Everyone in their immediate rotation is playing 20MPG (Mills & Anderson 13 & 10 respectively) and Pop still has games where he sits the big 3.

Stamina is not going to be an issue. It'll be matchups, execution, defense etc... Basketball stuff.

FraziersKnicks
04-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Would love to see them make it out of the West

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 11:53 AM

Actually, aside from the Big 3 and Stephen Jackson, no other player on that roster has a true deep playoff run or championship experience.

Boris Diaw has been in deep playoff runs, but never made it to the finals (Suns).

haggis
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Duncan's secret weapon:

http://i.imgur.com/95u1N.jpg

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Duncan's secret weapon:

http://i.imgur.com/95u1N.jpg

Duncan's kryptonite:

Joey Crawford

haggis
04-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Duncan's kryptonite:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=joey+crawford+and+tim+duncan&num=10&um=1&hl=en&biw=1239&bih=607&tbm=isch&tbnid=oS5PfTq3dXOglM:&imgrefurl=http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2007/04/tim-duncan-vs-joey-crawford-15-rounds/&docid=rzBrTZfOdbMnAM&imgurl=http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/tim-joey.jpg&w=400&h=285&ei=IX6VT-D3HoXYiAKbmfXbDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=115&vpy=58&dur=505&hovh=189&hovw=266&tx=105&ty=134&sig=115171037269242821999&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=132&tbnw=176&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:67

Yes!! (http://i.imgur.com/A4aAg.gif)

:laugh:

phoenix_bladen
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Watch them lose in the first round

Spurs are overrated and done

Book it

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Book it

Clearly you haven't watched them play this year. Tony Parker is playing like the best PG in the league. Popovich the best coach in the league.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Yes!! (http://i.imgur.com/A4aAg.gif)

:laugh:

:up:

Patman
04-23-2012, 12:53 PM

The Spurs are on an absolute tear since the trade deadline, They don't just win they blow out most opponents (+10.9 per game). The offense is great, Tony runs the team as well or better then any PG in the league. Each player knows his role and does what he's supposed to do. The defense is vastly improved over last year.

I hope they hit the Playoffs in stride (they still have 3 Games in 4 Nights, ending the Season on a B2B on the road).

DaBear
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM
They'll probably make it out of the West.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM
pop coy

Stinkyoutsider
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
The Spurs are ready to make a serious run this year! They've got a stronger team than last year and Tony Parker is playing out of this world. I like how Coach Pop went to Duncan during a stretch recently to let Tim know that he can still dominate a matchup/game if he wants to. Think about taking that into the playoffs...

I would like to see a rematch with Memphis. The Grizz aren't sneaking up on anyone this postseason.

I wonder what the playoff rotation for Pop will be? He's got so many talented players playing well? And, anyone who can get Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw to play to their highest level deserves praise.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
wrong post. spurs look awesome. deep healthy and experienced.

smith&wesson
04-23-2012, 01:25 PM
impressed with parker. dude is a beast this season and they almost traded him for toronto's 5th pick last season.

fresh prince
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM
They are going to win it all this season.

Deepest team in recent memory.. The nerve of some idiots still saying they are "old" is hilarious. I think Colin said some dumb **** like that this morning..

This is now a team with young reinforcements

Green
Splitter
Neal
Blair
Leonard

That support the Big 3. I don't see anyone beating them.

xk4
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I called Celtics/Spurs final at the start of the year, just because I was so tired of hearing how old they both were

It's a long shot out East but I still want to see it

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 01:41 PM
pop coy

No, because he had the best record last yr and they got ousted in the first round. Record wise and all of that, he hasn't done anything new. Why should he get it again?

I would say Thibs because of Rose's injury or even Vogel as he's elevated the Pacers from the lower echelon in the East playoffs to the upper echelon in just 1 season. (Give associate head coach Brian Shaw some love).

blastmasta26
04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
I called Celtics/Spurs final at the start of the year, just because I was so tired of hearing how old they both were

It's a long shot out East but I still want to see it

I would love to see that, the basketball would be great though the ratings wouldn't be.

gotoHcarolina52
04-23-2012, 01:46 PM

What makes it even more impressive is the fact that they had two back-to-back-to-backs and five back-to-backs during that stretch.

:speechless:

kdspurman
04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
No, because he had the best record last yr and they got ousted in the first round. Record wise and all of that, he hasn't done anything new. Why should he get it again?

I would say Thibs because of Rose's injury or even Vogel as he's elevated the Pacers from the lower echelon in the East playoffs to the upper echelon in just 1 season. (Give associate head coach Brian Shaw some love).

He's only gotten it once. With the way he balances out minutes, and gets the best out of the young guys? Not to mention Manu missing what 38 games?

Not 1 person had SA at the #1 seed at this point of the season. In the off season folks had them 6-8 and even missing the playoffs cause the condensed season was not good for an old bunch like them.

They have exceeded their expectations and if they win the West I think he should win it for sure. Finishing with a better record than the Bulls should all but solidify it.

Vogel has done a terrific job as well. It's also just hard to grasp Thibs having more COY's than Pop. ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
He's only gotten it once. With the way he balances out minutes, and gets the best out of the young guys? Not to mention Manu missing what 38 games?

Not 1 person had SA at the #1 seed at this point of the season. In the off season folks had them 6-8 and even missing the playoffs cause the condensed season was not good for an old bunch like them.

They have exceeded their expectations and if they win the West I think he should win it for sure. Finishing with a better record than the Bulls should all but solidify it.

Vogel has done a terrific job as well. It's also just hard to grasp Thibs having more COY's than Pop. ;)

Phil Jackson greatest of all time only has 1 COY award. Jerry Sloan never won a coach of the year award.

Doc Rivers won COY in 2000 leading the Orlando Magic to a 41-41 record, and they didn't even make the playoffs.

Coach of the Year Award is a very illogical weird award if you ask me. It's cute for the up and coming coaches, but it's not for the big boy head coaches of the league.

TornadoOfSouls
04-23-2012, 02:12 PM

Book it

Knicks fan is probably angry that this thread isn't about Lin or Amare.

Raph12
04-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Pop is the best coach in the league, plain and simple...

kdspurman
04-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Phil Jackson greatest of all time only has 1 COY award. Jerry Sloan never won a coach of the year award.

Doc Rivers won COY in 2000 leading the Orlando Magic to a 41-41 record, and they didn't even make the playoffs.

Coach of the Year Award is a very illogical weird award if you ask me. It's cute for the up and coming coaches, but it's not for the big boy head coaches of the league.

It's a travesty that Phil has 1 and Sloan has 0. It's like the MVP I mean, there is no real criteria to how they determine it. It's I guess like you said for the up and coming guy or just a different face.

E.O.21
04-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I see the Spurs being the Dallas Mavs of last year. Spurs have alot of depth and the way the're playing is just incredible. Teamwork at its finest. Just a bunch of good players that wanna win and Tony Parker whos playing out of his mind just how Dirk did last year. I see them making the finals

meloman1592
04-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Best in the west...

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
I see the Spurs being the Dallas Mavs of last year. Spurs have alot of depth and the way the're playing is just incredible. Teamwork at its finest. Just a bunch of good players that wanna win and Tony Parker whos playing out of his mind just how Dirk did last year. I see them making the finals

If they make the finals, I don't see them beating either the Bulls or Heat. Spurs would probably be the weakest team to come out the west in terms of how they matchup to the East elite of Chicago and Miami in a 7 game series. The Spurs don't have that strong interior D like they used to once upon a time with old Robinson and prime Duncan. I think a guy like Rose of the Bulls or Wade and LeBron of the Heat get to the cup at will and finish strong inside.

Lakers and OKC would actually matchup better with the East elites. Just my opinion.

But if the Spurs face any team in the finals not named Miami or Chicago, then they win the chip.

b@llhog24
04-23-2012, 02:51 PM
They just have to stay healthy.

Chronz
04-23-2012, 05:13 PM
I love me some pop, him and Vogel are 2 of my favorite coaches/speakers. Vogel because hes young, enthusiastic, and obviously I have no way of knowing but from what Ive read and listening to him talk I get the feeling he knows how to instill confidence in his players.

JEDean89
04-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Knicks fan is probably angry that this thread isn't about Lin or Amare.

are you retarted?