PDA

View Full Version : Why Didn't Anybody Stick up for Harden?

Pages : [1] 2

shep33
04-23-2012, 03:01 AM
First off, I'm a Laker fan, and let me admit, the play by Artest was dirty, vicious, and unwarranted. He'll get a huge suspension, and deservedly so. It was intentional, and I think most of us know it was a bush league play.

Now... You know what bothered me about that play? That nobody really stood up for Harden. Guy just got demolished by a cheap shot. Ibaka tried, but I mean, you don't really think of Ibaka as a guy who is going to mix it up, and I think Ron just went crazy Ron mode there, so it's frightening.

Even as a Laker fan, I was stunned that Perkins, Thabo, Collison, etc. didn't go after Artest. Even if those guys were on the bench, honestly it would've been worth it to leave and just start some ****.

I'm not saying fight him, but at least get a couple guys in his face. Nobody did anything outside of Ibaka.

I know this is a touchy subject, and I hope it doesn't get out of hand, but there are times where guys need to physically step up for their teammates. I don't hate the Thunder in anyway, they're a better team than us still, I won't deny that. But for all of us that have played ball, we know the importance of sticking up for your friends on the court.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

I call him Ron Artest here because clearly the Dr. Jekyll-Mr.Hyde switch went off.

Ron is absolutely nuts don't get me wrong, once he got into his Mortal Kombat stance when Ibaka came along, nobody wanted anything to do with him... but that's when you send 2-3 guys at him.

Bulls_fan90
04-23-2012, 03:06 AM
Because Ron Artest is crazy?

I loved how Westbrook went to run at Artest and then changed his mind :laugh:

shep33
04-23-2012, 03:10 AM

Westbrook wanted no part of that, lol, but I just edited my post, the Pistons would send multiple guys your way if something like this happened.

I mean, nobody is going to take Ron one on one in this league, but heck, send Perkins, Ibaka, and Collison his way next time.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 03:10 AM
close to the playoffs, and don't want to get suspended over fighting a moron like Artest. Let Stern make an example of his punk ***.

shep33
04-23-2012, 03:12 AM
close to the playoffs, and don't want to get suspended over fighting a moron like Artest. Let Stern make an example of his punk ***.

Honestly, I don't think that's why they didn't get involved. I mean, even if guys left the bench, it'd be a one game suspension only.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 03:14 AM
regardless, it's smart not to get into bull **** like that with the playoffs in less than a week. If it was February, then I think they shoulda rushed him, but not now.

shep33
04-23-2012, 03:17 AM
regardless, it's smart not to get into bull **** like that with the playoffs in less than a week. If it was February, then I think they shoulda rushed him, but not now.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think they had it on their minds, but it's good that it didn't break out into a fight. Just wish some guys got in his face at least.

Bulls_fan90
04-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Westbrook wanted no part of that, lol, but I just edited my post, the Pistons would send multiple guys your way if something like this happened.

I mean, nobody is going to take Ron one on one in this league, but heck, send Perkins, Ibaka, and Collison his way next time.

Ben Wallace. :nod: Good times. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zgS7AwJCPM)

Sinestro
04-23-2012, 03:18 AM
I was expecting Perkins to do something

dodie53
04-23-2012, 03:29 AM
they got scared at Ron

S & B Bleeder
04-23-2012, 03:43 AM
~sniffle~ Why didnt anybody stick up for harden? ~sniffle~

Because Ron Ron would've taken thier manhood and concussed them as well on national television, and Harden is a **** talking flop artist who was gonna get checked by someone eventually for chirping so damn much, and his teammates expected it somewhere down the line.

Any other painfully stupid questions you'd like answered?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-23-2012, 03:43 AM
artest would have kicked the **** out of them:box:

MJ-BULLS
04-23-2012, 03:45 AM
ibaka tried to go after him, but just tried to get up on his grill. honestly i think the thunder players are scared of ron because of the bad history he has had.

DerekRE_3
04-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Obviously it's because they all hate James Harden. He deserved it.

xk4
04-23-2012, 03:50 AM
The internet is a good place to be a douche. But I sincerely hope you Lakers fans making light of this don't actually condone Artest's actions. It's shameful and dangerous what he did. Nobody deserves a blow to the temple under any circumstances

And this is completely biased: I'm glad they didn't react because it makes Artest look that much worse. He deserves a giant suspension

Trueblue2
04-23-2012, 03:55 AM
You know I was just thinking that we needed to talk about this in multiple threads. Think we can get this one to 50?

PraiseJesus
04-23-2012, 03:57 AM
ron was ready to beat up all of them

Raph12
04-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Ibaka acted as if he would have and the "refs stopped him"... Truth is, no one on the entire Thunder roster wants anything to do with Artest.

Maybe they should sign Nathan Jones (http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/RayDyas/2009-03-15_124516_Nathan_Jones-Hulk.JPG) (6'10 350lbs solid with MMA training/former world's strongest man contestant) to a 10-day contract for the series against the Lakers just in case.

fresh prince
04-23-2012, 03:59 AM

That WAS THE THING that stood out most on the replay.. Russel ran full speed and then pumped the brakes.

Unfortunate events all the way around.

PraiseJesus
04-23-2012, 04:00 AM
I think that shot will put the Thunder in their place thought.

I doubt Durant will be calling anyone fake tough guys anymore

S & B Bleeder
04-23-2012, 04:00 AM
The internet is a good place to be a douche. But I sincerely hope you Lakers fans making light of this don't actually condone Artest's actions. It's shameful and dangerous what he did. Nobody deserves a blow to the temple under any circumstances

And this is completely biased: I'm glad they didn't react because it makes Artest look that much worse. He deserves a giant suspension

It wasnt to the temple, mensa. It was to the back of his head. Big difference there. I've been struck in both area's during a match, and the temple is a much more dangerous spot to have thumped.

Still, it was a nice shot-i'd give it an 8 out of 10 due to the bonus power up concussion it gave Big Pain James. You NEVER forget your first big shot that rings your bell or knocks you out. He'll be a spineless jellyfish against the Lakers for the rest of his career now.

Should've gotten the hell out of Crazy Ron Ron's way. Simple as that.

xk4
04-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Should've gotten the hell out of Crazy Ron Ron's way. Simple as that.

It doesn't matter how antagonizing Harden was being, or where he was standing. If touching a player automatically results in a blow to the head, temple or not, he should not be allowed to play in the league. And the fact that you describe him as "crazy" only supports this.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 04:06 AM
:yawn: Another one huh?

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 04:07 AM
It doesn't matter how antagonizing Harden was being, or where he was standing. If touching a player automatically results in a blow to the head, temple or not, he should not be allowed to play in the league. And the fact that you describe him as "crazy" only supports this.

You didn't know Ron Artest was crazy before this game, when did you start watching the NBA?

Law25
04-23-2012, 04:13 AM
You didn't know Ron Artest was crazy before this game, when did you start watching the NBA?

That vid is funny as hell lol. Harden getting the peoples elbow from World Peace is funny as hell lol.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 04:16 AM
That vid is funny as hell lol. Harden getting the peoples elbow from World Peace is funny as hell lol.

Somebody should have told Ron Artest not to watch any videos before the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixFlWQuF9k0

DerekRE_3
04-23-2012, 04:16 AM

Yep...head injuries are hilarious...

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Yep...head injuries are hilarious...

The People's elbow lol

ESaady
04-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Would you want Ron Artest to appear in middle of the night at your bedside with a machete?

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 04:35 AM
Would you want Ron Artest to appear in middle of the night at your bedside with a machete?

Is that a Rhetorical question?

shep33
04-23-2012, 04:37 AM
This is my bad, I shouldn't have made this thread. I just wanted to see what people thought in this situation in terms of supporting a teammate.

When I first saw it, I immediately thought, "what would I do?" ...We've all been in scuffles in ball games I bet, and you have to show your teammate that your there for him, while also not being intimidated by the opposing player.

That's just my opinion, and again, I know they would've gotten suspended a game for it maybe, but I think a couple bench guys should've gotten up and just got in the face of Artest at least...I know he's crazy, but I mean, your friend/teammate just got smashed.

ESaady
04-23-2012, 04:46 AM
Is that a Rhetorical question?

That was my intention. However, according to S&B Vag Bleeder, it's the Dumbest. Post. EVER, but I digress. I wouldn't want to offend anyone because I'm having a little fun with Ron Artest's past. I mean after all everyone learns from their mistakes right? There's no way Artest will do anything like this ever again. The suspension will teach him.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 04:49 AM
That was my intention. However, according to S&B Vag Bleeder, it's the Dumbest. Post. EVER, but I digress. I wouldn't want to offend anyone because I'm having a little fun with Ron Artest's past. I mean after all everyone learns from their mistakes right? There's no way Artest will do anything like this ever again. The suspension will teach him.

I doubt it the guy is ****ing nuts

Unrequited
04-23-2012, 04:50 AM
who's Ron Artest? I only know World Peace

ESaady
04-23-2012, 04:57 AM
I doubt it the guy is ****ing nuts

I was being sarcastic lolz.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 04:58 AM
I was being sarcastic lolz.

I know but the guy probably shouldn't play anymore.

naps
04-23-2012, 05:05 AM

It was funny? Are you ****ing serious? GTFO!!

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 05:09 AM
It was funny? Are you ****ing serious? GTFO!!

It was the People's Elbow that's a classic move

naps
04-23-2012, 05:26 AM
It was the People's Elbow that's a classic move

Ok, may be I am missing something here. What's the "People's elbow"? Are you referring to Artest's elbow that hit Harden today?

69centers
04-23-2012, 06:25 AM
It looked like Perkins was pacing around afterward and he looked very heated. He was probably smart in holding back any retaliation, or he would have surely been thrown out or suspended, too.

meloman1592
04-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Artest is gonna run into someone who isn't scared of him one day, and he's gonna get his *** beat

tcav701
04-23-2012, 08:06 AM
I pray Artest tries to enter a proffesional fight after his league ban.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 08:30 AM
idk...i don't think anyone REALLY knew what went down at the time....westbrook was smart to slow down lol. ibaka was in rons face -- that guy is a psychopath. he should be out of the league with his rep, and yes his dumb as should be punished additionally for changing his name to and disgracing the idea of world peace. what a POS.

corky831
04-23-2012, 08:46 AM
ron's a nut...he had the laker locker room shook this yr because he wasn't starting lmao

NYKnicks
04-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Ben wallace wasnt scared and he would have beat the #### out of him he kept pushing ron and he wouldnt do a *** thing

JKiddFan4Life
04-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Artest is gonna run into someone who isn't scared of him one day, and he's gonna get his *** beat

Yeah, he should avoid trying this on one of the Mavs players this year (if they meet). We'll unleash Delonte West! West may not get as many punches in, but Artest will definitely end up with a few wet willies and a bad case of pink eye.

jimbobjarree
04-23-2012, 09:01 AM
respect to the Thunder for keeping their cool and their professionalism out there. Cheap shots like that aim to provoke response, and he didn't get it.

I'm sure if it was on the street things would have been different.

VANEXEL9
04-23-2012, 09:06 AM
First off, I'm a Laker fan, and let me admit, the play by Artest was dirty, vicious, and unwarranted. He'll get a huge suspension, and deservedly so. It was intentional, and I think most of us know it was a bush league play.

Now... You know what bothered me about that play? That nobody really stood up for Harden. Guy just got demolished by a cheap shot. Ibaka tried, but I mean, you don't really think of Ibaka as a guy who is going to mix it up, and I think Ron just went crazy Ron mode there, so it's frightening.

Even as a Laker fan, I was stunned that Perkins, Thabo, Collison, etc. didn't go after Artest. Even if those guys were on the bench, honestly it would've been worth it to leave and just start some ****.

I'm not saying fight him, but at least get a couple guys in his face. Nobody did anything outside of Ibaka.

I know this is a touchy subject, and I hope it doesn't get out of hand, but there are times where guys need to physically step up for their teammates. I don't hate the Thunder in anyway, they're a better team than us still, I won't deny that. But for all of us that have played ball, we know the importance of sticking up for your friends on the court.

I call him Ron Artest here because clearly the Dr. Jekyll-Mr.Hyde switch went off.

Ron is absolutely nuts don't get me wrong, once he got into his Mortal Kombat stance when Ibaka came along, nobody wanted anything to do with him... but that's when you send 2-3 guys at him.

oh man, you know everything don't you, please don't announce yourself as a Lakers fan, some of us actually support our players when they make a mistake. The foul was not needed, but as a lakers fan, world peace needs our support not hate.

VANEXEL9
04-23-2012, 09:11 AM
It looked like Perkins was pacing around afterward and he looked very heated. He was probably smart in holding back any retaliation, or he would have surely been thrown out or suspended, too.

yeah perkins is known for pacing and huffin and puffin but no one is really afraid of him.

Bornknick73
04-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Because cats from Oklahoma aint messing with Queensbridge Projects!!

BKLYNpigeon
04-23-2012, 09:15 AM
I hear the suspension will be around 3 games.

BKLYNpigeon
04-23-2012, 09:18 AM
btw, OKC is pretty damn soft, they're not going to start anything with the Lakers.

The Lakers have a..

Crazy in Artest

Enforcer in Matt Barnes

and a Goon in McRoberts.

Bornknick73
04-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Add to the fact everyone in the league and thier mommas know Artest is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic. Dude is straight schizo, and most people are smart to not mix it up with someone mental. People are afraid of mental patients, as they should be. Ron could kill someone and get away with it due to his mental history.

Fnom11
04-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I wonder if Durant is going to call MWP a fake tough guy now.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Harden could be dead? Are you flippin on meth? Stop, for the love of everything don't try to back a point up with, he could be dead. Appalling!

dude do you know anything? high impact hits to the temple can be FATAL. EASILY.

please just stop the ignorance, i get that a lot of folks on here are young but please. it's embarrassing.

meloman1592
04-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Had this been another team, I feel things would have escalated to an uneccesary level. Okc kept it professional (or maybe they were scared idk). If that was the Knicks, clippers, or any team with their own nut case, something would have happened.

miller74
04-23-2012, 09:55 AM
What a gutless shot, clearly hes got a major screw lose and obviously we've seen that hes capable of just about anything, lets hope he gets a lengthy suspension and Harden is okay. Good thing head shot and concussions arent a major issue in sports these days. Say what you want about hockey but the NHL would punish an act like this very harshly, i hope the NBA does the same.

cmacmath
04-23-2012, 09:58 AM
My number one reaction after watching that sequence of events live was that this proved to me that Kendrick Perkins is a soft, fake tough guy. I have been saying he is a fake tough guy for YEARS and this only proved it. I have had to watch him walk around with that stupid snarl on his face forever, but when Artest knocked out his 3rd best player and he was on the court at the time, he was nowhere to be found. Literally went into hiding. He wasn't with Harden, he wasn't involved in the scuffle, not even trying to break it up. I literally think he went and hid. Pretty sad for someone whos sole role is to be an "enforcer". I am not surprised at all though as he learned from the biggest fake tough guy in NBA history in Kevin Garnett. Their motto is talk loud, have a menacing look on your face, try to intimidate players, when it is convenient pick fights with smaller players, then retreat and wait for people to break it up, then talk even louder like you were about to do something.

Awful, unfortunate, ugly situation. Feel terrible for Harde, but I am so happy that situation happened yesterday to expose Kendrick Perkins.

miller74
04-23-2012, 10:12 AM
My number one reaction after watching that sequence of events live was that this proved to me that Kendrick Perkins is a soft, fake tough guy. I have been saying he is a fake tough guy for YEARS and this only proved it. I have had to watch him walk around with that stupid snarl on his face forever, but when Artest knocked out his 3rd best player and he was on the court at the time, he was nowhere to be found. Literally went into hiding. He wasn't with Harden, he wasn't involved in the scuffle, not even trying to break it up. I literally think he went and hid. Pretty sad for someone whos sole role is to be an "enforcer". I am not surprised at all though as he learned from the biggest fake tough guy in NBA history in Kevin Garnett. Their motto is talk loud, have a menacing look on your face, try to intimidate players, when it is convenient pick fights with smaller players, then retreat and wait for people to break it up, then talk even louder like you were about to do something.

Awful, unfortunate, ugly situation. Feel terrible for Harde, but I am so happy that situation happened yesterday to expose Kendrick Perkins.

Basketball fights are slapping contests, what did you expect perkins to do? nothing gets settled in a basketball fight, its up to stern to take care of this idiot

scottie
04-23-2012, 10:16 AM
dude do you know anything? high impact hits to the temple can be FATAL. EASILY.

please just stop the ignorance, i get that a lot of folks on here are young but please. it's embarrassing.

No you and anyone who uses "he could be dead" as a pivot point to back up a point is dumb. The facts are he isn't dead, never was close to death and boxers and MMA fighters take worse punishment. Stop with the dead crap, you are embarrassing yourself. I'd be willing to wager I'm older than you, so knock that off as well. Age has nothing to do with your silly "he could be dead" point either. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill! :D

VANEXEL9
04-23-2012, 10:20 AM
my number one reaction after watching that sequence of events live was that this proved to me that kendrick perkins is a soft, fake tough guy. I have been saying he is a fake tough guy for years and this only proved it. I have had to watch him walk around with that stupid snarl on his face forever, but when artest knocked out his 3rd best player and he was on the court at the time, he was nowhere to be found. Literally went into hiding. He wasn't with harden, he wasn't involved in the scuffle, not even trying to break it up. I literally think he went and hid. Pretty sad for someone whos sole role is to be an "enforcer". I am not surprised at all though as he learned from the biggest fake tough guy in nba history in kevin garnett. Their motto is talk loud, have a menacing look on your face, try to intimidate players, when it is convenient pick fights with smaller players, then retreat and wait for people to break it up, then talk even louder like you were about to do something.

Awful, unfortunate, ugly situation. Feel terrible for harde, but i am so happy that situation happened yesterday to expose kendrick perkins.

this this this

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
No you and anyone who uses "he could be dead" as a pivot point to back up a point is dumb. The facts are he isn't dead, never was close to death and boxers and MMA fighters take worse punishment. Stop with the dead crap, you are embarrassing yourself. I'd be willing to wager I'm older than you, so knock that off as well. Age has nothing to do with your silly "he could be dead" point either. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill! :D

if you're older than me, well, that's just a sad case.

boxers and mma fighters don't take elbows to the temple, and are trained to deliver and receive hits.

honestly. there's no place for this BS in basketball. there is no place for people defending it. it was very close to being a very, very serious injury. if you can't see that you are denying some very basic medical fact. there's a reason why other sports are so focused on head injuries.

but yeah, keep it up sport. you're the man.

Missing56&33
04-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Let me tell you if it was me personally Artest elbowed.....it would have took the whole team from holding me back, I would have tried to kill the dude.

But I got to give a lot of credit to the Thunder for not getting baited into retaliation by keeping their cool. They showed a lot of class and discipline.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Kobe told James Harden and all NBA Fans:

"Get Over It"

We're 16 hr removed from the incident. I feel bad for Harden, but let's give it a rest people. Let's move on with our lives!

There's still 4 more great days of NBA regular season basketball, with seedings and scoring titles still up for grabs.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Kobe told James Harden and all NBA Fans:

"Get Over It"

We're 16 hr removed from the incident. I feel bad for Harden, but let's give it a rest people. Let's move on with our lives!

There's still 4 more great days of NBA regular season basketball, with seedings and scoring titles still up for grabs.

for sure. but lakers fans are out of line coming in here talking it down, and insulting people who are justified in pointing out how serious it was. no place for that from fans, not you, but others.

tcav701
04-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I really wonder how Laker fans would react if Kobe were elbowed in similar fashion.

Homerism knows no bounds in LA.

Vallemike
04-23-2012, 10:38 AM
2 or 3 guys wouldn't make a difference when you have artest Matt Barnes and Bynum on the same team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 10:39 AM
I really wonder how Laker fans would react if Kobe were elbowed in similar fashion.

Everyone has too much respect for Kobe in this league. He's like the current godfather of the league. His peers respect him and they know you never do that to an ambassador of the league like a Kobe, a Tim Duncan, a Jason Kidd, or a Steve Nash.

There's no one foolish enough to ever do that to Kobe. Maybe unintentional yes, but to hurt the guy that's paved the way for this new generation, no way!

aussie
04-23-2012, 10:39 AM

this and this only!

tbh /thread, shouldn't have been made, its just the Lakers fans trying to get Lakers stuff in the NBA forum, same would of happened with NY or Chicago. If it was some other team the thread wouldn't of been made

ManningToTyree
04-23-2012, 10:42 AM
I think they feared suspension with the playoffs looming.

Also a good rule of thumb for anyone is to not fight anyone who is bat **** crazy. Especially when they are built like Metta Ron Peace.

jimm120
04-23-2012, 10:47 AM

Playoffs are coming. No one wants to be suspended for the playoffs. Look at the Knicks in 1997. Knicks had prime and healthy Ewing along with the tough defense AND he finally had help on the offense...but because of a fight, Knicks lost cause 1/2 their team was suspended.

Supa
04-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Well, Ron came out of WorldPeace, shown his angry face, then back inside he went.

How are you suppose to get to someone who is hiding inside another person?

Over the years, he has paid good money to his sports psychologist to keep Ron inside. Hopefully it will be the last time we see of Ron until retirement.

---

king4day
04-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a smart team. Mind is on the bigger picture. You need to keep all players in form and to lose one to a suspension for getting in artests face and escalating the incident wouldn't do the team any good.

I think Ibaka (as mentioned) got in his face a bit. So I don't have a problem how it was handled. Hard not to like this OKC team.

BKLYNpigeon
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
I been reading about all the Drama and the OKC-LAL feud has been building up all season. Both teams have been talking smack for awhile now. seems like Artest was the only one who actually did something about it, but in the wrong way.

Kobe told Harden, that he wouldnt even be able to sit and eat lunch at his table. lol.

t_money25
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I think Stern should wait to see how much time Harden is gonna miss before he punishes Artest. If Harden somehow misses the playoffs then Artest should miss it too plus some games next year

boolish
04-23-2012, 11:09 AM
because anytime ron ron is not tied up in a straight jacket it's dangerous to approach. proceed with caution.

THE_FLASH_21
04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Honestly, I don't think that's why they didn't get involved. I mean, even if guys left the bench, it'd be a one game suspension only.

They are going after the #1 seed. So one game will count. But i was also asking myself this question.. I dont care who it is. Ron Artest, Shaq, Lebron anyone.. I wouldn't let my teammate get laid out like that

These are my ideas what happend

1. Didn't want to get suspended

2. The hit caught everyone off guard.

3. No One saw the hit.. ( The hit happened on the Lakers side ) Closest person Was Perkins

ManningToTyree
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
I think Stern should wait to see how much time Harden is gonna miss before he punishes Artest. If Harden somehow misses the playoffs then Artest should miss it too plus some games next year

That sounds fair to me. I hope Harden is good to go.

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 11:30 AM
It was a play that wasnt needed.. He does deserve a suspension for hurting a player. You also have to take into account that things were getting chippy and artest doesnt take kindly to things such as talking when making a shot or blocking someone. I hope Harden is ok.

RaiderLakersA's
04-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Let me tell you if it was me personally Artest elbowed.....it would have took the whole team from holding me back, I would have tried to kill the dude.

But I got to give a lot of credit to the Thunder for not getting baited into retaliation by keeping their cool. They showed a lot of class and discipline.

My thoughts exactly.

Clearly Ron was wrong. Elbowing Harden was as foul as it gets.

If I had been completely knocked out by a cheap shot like that, I would expect one of my team members to step up and retaliate. Before the final whistle someone would have gotten a hard foul/flagrant 2 or there would be hell in our team locker room. Plain and simple. Call it old school justice.

willabeast77
04-23-2012, 11:37 AM
It looked unintentional, just look at the replay, Artest was celebrating his dunk and he didn't even notice Harden walking up there.

85BearsDefense
04-23-2012, 11:40 AM
I believe his emotions got the better of him clearly... And it was completely unintentional.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-23-2012, 11:42 AM

What Artest did was ******** but Hardens equally ******** for provoking him.

Harden was asking for it he kept moving sideways getting into Artests way purposely to try and brushing him and got what he wanted but that still doesn't excuse Artest from not being the bigger man.

RaiderLakersA's
04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
because anytime ron ron is not tied up in a straight jacket it's dangerous to approach. proceed with caution.

Didn't stop Kobe from elbowing Ron Ron in the throat a couple of times in that heated series against Houston a few years back. I think Ron was taking pointers and wanted to try his hand at it. :D :D :D

Kidding.

Look, I know what happened to Harden is no laughing matter, but I am starting to believe that Artest really does suffer temporary psychotic breaks and has moments where he is operating completely on impulse control. I don't think what Ron did was premeditated. The emotion of the moment took over. If you're Ron, that's never a good thing.

If you could read his mind at the instant, it probably went something like this:

"I got the ball! Run fast! Dribble faster! Run through defense, I am hot samurai sword, they are butter! I'm going to jam it! I'm going to jam it!! I JAMMED IT!!! (Bzzzt...sensory stimuli leading to blackout in 3, 2, 1...) "Kai-Yaaaaahhhh!!!" (Harden, well, you know.) Huh? Where am I? What happened? Who is that guy on the ground back there? Why are these OKC players squaring off on me, shouting at me? Why is everyone out to get me?!? Must protect myself first and figure it out later."

I'm reminded me of that video "When Animals Attack." One minute a circus bear is as docile and lovable as all get. But in the flash of an instant and for reasons that only a beast can comprehend, the bear snaps and tries to crush the trainer's skull with its teeth. That's Ron Ron. Proceed with caution is right!

phi2134
04-23-2012, 12:06 PM

Totally Agree, I also think it was pretty douchey that the Laker's fans were clapping for Artest as he got kicked out....Way to stay Classy LA

NYkillaPriest
04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
It looked unintentional to me...Artest just dunked on two people and was pounding his chest and Harden knocked his elbow up and Artest didn't do anything but go through his regular downswing just was hyped up...He didn't even look up at Harden and Harden just stayed next to him...I've seen Artest get an and 1 and punch a ref on accident and no suspension...Harden bought it on himself and shouldn't have been anywhere around Artest

and to answer your question the reason the Thunder didn't stand up is because their star players (Durant, Harden, and Westbrook) all talk **** because they know their protected by the game when none of them don't want no problem...their quick to jump in somebody's face as a group one of them got knocked smack clean out and now look at them...Durant let him walk right past him and didn't say anything, them boys is soft

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
It looked unintentional to me...Artest just dunked on two people and was pounding his chest and Harden knocked his elbow up and Artest didn't do anything but go through his regular downswing just was hyped up...He didn't even look up at Harden and Harden just stayed next to him...I've seen Artest get an and 1 and punch a ref on accident and no suspension...Harden bought it on himself and shouldn't have been anywhere around Artest

and to answer your question the reason the Thunder didn't stand up is because their star players (Durant, Harden, and Westbrook) all talk **** because they know their protected by the game when none of them don't want no problem...their quick to jump in somebody's face as a group one of them got knocked smack clean out and now look at them...Durant let him walk right past him and didn't say anything, them boys is soft
bull ****

smith&wesson
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM

If perk got off the bench it would have been a huge fine and suspension. why jepordize your chances in the playoffs ..

ibaka is the 2nd toughest guy on that team and tried, but like you said ron got in that fighting stance it wasnt about words or getting in any ones face at that point. it was fight or sit down.

but i agree they should have stood up for him more.

Baller1
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM

How in God's name is a full-fledged powerful elbow a "regular downswing"?

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Harden was asking for it he kept moving sideways getting into Artests way purposely to try and brushing him and got what he wanted but that still doesn't excuse Artest from not being the bigger man.

Harden didn't provoke anything. watch the play again...

miller74
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM

So i guess you didnt see it yet??

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
The fact of the matter is people is that we currently have a player out with a concussion.

**** Ron Artest Metta World Peace of ****.

As NBA Fans, we should be caring for James Harden. Let's just hope he recovers fully and we as NBA fans can see his talent shine come postseason.

Azzacadabra
04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
World peace my ***. What a gutless shitbag.

PleaseBeNice
04-23-2012, 12:34 PM
It was a play that wasnt needed.. He does deserve a suspension for hurting a player. You also have to take into account that things were getting chippy and artest doesnt take kindly to things such as talking when making a shot or blocking someone. I hope Harden is ok.

Really? SMH

miller74
04-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Just watched it again, i guess Harden walking over to get the inbound, is what some are calling "provoking" makes sense

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Just watched it again, i guess Harden walking over to get the inbound, is what some are calling "provoking" makes sense

that excuse wouldn't work with a third grade teacher.

funny with all the hoopla surrounding concussions in the nfl, that people are trying to downplay this. which one is it folks???

subs300
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Referring to those in the older Ron Artest thread...

For those of you who say that Harden was probably asking for it or deserved it, you guys sound like Geraldo Rivera saying that Trayvon Martin's wearing a hoodie is just as fault for his death.

Any type of defense for his actions, whether that being "But he didn't mean to hit him in the head," where was he aiming for his legs? You guys suffer from the thinking of everything that happens to you or your team is much worse than everyone else. But when it's you that do bad things to others you just brush it off and ignore the important element.

How rationale would be it be for someone to elbow chop Kobe in the head and let's say he was asking for it(by bumping into him after a basketball play)? Would those of you agree that ya he was asking for it, dont think the other guy should get banned for the elbow, and then applaud the elbower for taking out Kobe. He obviously didn't mean to elbow kobe in the head so that's ok.

Btw, I am not a Kobe hater. Actually love him. Used him for an example as it seems its some of the LA fans who believe it was ok.

drewl
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
First off, the highest level i played in was high school. I know there is a major difference between HS and the NBA but under no circumstance would i let that go.

For the people that are saying "hes a phycho, nobody should mess with him". I had a player just like that on my football team. They are use to people not reacting when they do something outragous. They dont know what to do when someone actually steps up and gets in their face. Now Ron probably would be a little mor eprepared than this kid but somebody should have stepped up for Harden

Soonerule
04-23-2012, 12:42 PM

I'll tell you what I think, I think it is a good thing a referee was there to keep Serge and that piece of **** thug apart and that the Thunder team showed the discipline and self control that Artest cannot. This is a league matter and the league should show Artest the door. He is violent and has proven, again, that suspensions and fines cannot control him. Do you really think an all out brawl on a visitor's court would have been the right thing to do? Because if Perk and Collison had joined in that is what it would have turned into. But rather than applaud the Thunder's maturity, you opt to berate them. One, you forget that the Staples Center chose not to show the replay of what Artest did on the big screen. That decision accomplished 2 things, it ended up making the Laker fans in attendance look bad but that I thought was an unfair criticism until I looked in the PSD Laker forum this morning, and it helped keep the Thunder team in control of themselves.

First I find some of the Laker fans attempting to blame the incident on Harden in the Laker forum then I find... this. While I totally disagree with you that the Thunder should have sunk to Artest's level, I do agree that Harden should have been defended. By the NBA league office. As far as I am concerned, enough is enough, and nothing short of a lifetime suspension will be the correct response. He shouldn't have been on the floor in the first place. Ron Artest is violent and unstable. Any apology he may offer is just a waste of air just as it was after the Barea incident less than a year ago, his criminal behavior in Detroit in '04, and every incident in between. If you truly think Harden should be defended, here is your chance:

http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Shep, I have been asking the same thing...

also, why was Kevin Durant laughing with Mike Brown during the 2nd OT after the Lakers had gone up for good?

SportsAndrew25
04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Ron Artest changing his Metta World Peace is the totally the sports equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig. You can change the name, but you can't change the crazy mother****er.

miller74
04-23-2012, 12:45 PM
that excuse wouldn't work with a third grade teacher.

funny with all the hoopla surrounding concussions in the nfl, that people are trying to downplay this. which one is it folks???

its unreal head shots and concussions have become a major story in every sport, NBA better get this right with this repeat offending criminal

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 12:46 PM
I'll tell you what I think, I think it is a good thing a referee was there to keep Serge and that piece of **** thug apart and that the Thunder team showed the discipline and self control that Artest cannot. This is a league matter and the league should show Artest the door. He is violent and has proven, again, that suspensions and fines cannot control him. Do you really think an all out brawl on a visitor's court would have been the right thing to do? Because if Perk and Collison had joined in that is what it would have turned into. But rather than applaud the Thunder's maturity, you opt to berate them. One, you forget that the Staples Center chose not to show the replay of what Artest did on the big screen. That decision accomplished 2 things, it ended up making the Laker fans in attendance look bad but that I thought was an unfair criticism until I looked in the PSD Laker forum this morning, and it helped keep the Thunder team in control of themselves.

First I find Laker fans attempting to blame the incident on Harden in the Laker forum then I find... this. While I totally disagree with you that the Thunder should have sunk to Artest's level, I do agree that Harden should have been defended. By the NBA league office. As far as I am concerned, enough is enough, and nothing short of a lifetime suspension will be the correct response. He shouldn't have been on the floor in the first place. Ron Artest is violent and unstable. Any apology he may offer is just a waste of air just as it was after the Barea incident less than a year ago, his criminal behavior in Detroit in '04, and every incident in between. If you truly think Harden should be defended, here is your chance:

Are you talking about Bynum here? Or is there an Artest v. Barea incident that I'm forgetting?

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
I wonder if Harden will keep talking **** after he makes his shots.

Soonerule
04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Are you talking about Bynum here? Or is there an Artest v. Barea incident that I'm forgetting?

No, I am talking about Artest cloths lining Barea in the fourth quarter of game 2 of the Dallas/LA series last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clQJExTGJus

miller74
04-23-2012, 12:53 PM

Yes because hes probably the first guy in pro sports to talk trash :facepalm:

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 12:53 PM
its unreal head shots and concussions have become a major story in every sport, NBA better get this right with this repeat offending criminal

honestly. i think stern will approach this a lot like goodell approached the bounty situation, in terms of how serious he finds it. the brawl is the biggest blotch on his record and he hates being reminded of it, and then you ad in the head injuries thing and i think he puts the foot down.

shep33
04-23-2012, 12:56 PM

First I find some of the Laker fans attempting to blame the incident on Harden in the Laker forum then I find... this. While I totally disagree with you that the Thunder should have sunk to Artest's level, I do agree that Harden should have been defended. By the NBA league office. As far as I am concerned, enough is enough, and nothing short of a lifetime suspension will be the correct response. He shouldn't have been on the floor in the first place. Ron Artest is violent and unstable. Any apology he may offer is just a waste of air just as it was after the Barea incident less than a year ago, his criminal behavior in Detroit in '04, and every incident in between. If you truly think Harden should be defended, here is your chance:

Again, this is not what I'm implying. There wouldn't have been a fight if a couple guys got into his face a little bit. Ron would've been held back by Pau and Kobe, you know Pau, Kobe, Sessions/Blake wouldn't have started throwing punches.

I'm just saying that after a horrific play like that, I think you kind of have to help your guy out in that situation.

As for HCA, the Spurs are essentially 2 up on OKC and have the tie breaker right? Spurs have 1 tough game left, @Phoenix.

If the Spurs win 1 of their last 3, they've got 1st on lock. I would've taken a game off the bench to get up in his face.

the_antz_nest
04-23-2012, 01:00 PM
This is my bad, I shouldn't have made this thread. I just wanted to see what people thought in this situation in terms of supporting a teammate.

When I first saw it, I immediately thought, "what would I do?" ...We've all been in scuffles in ball games I bet, and you have to show your teammate that your there for him, while also not being intimidated by the opposing player.

That's just my opinion, and again, I know they would've gotten suspended a game for it maybe, but I think a couple bench guys should've gotten up and just got in the face of Artest at least...I know he's crazy, but I mean, your friend/teammate just got smashed.

I think its a tough one because it happened so fast. it kinda looked like artest was just bumping his chest and they came together and harden was just unlucky. it even took westbrooke a second to react. seeing the replay tho if it had been much clearer in "real time" iam sure some of the thunder players would of reacted quicker maybe abit tougher. but i have to give them their due. good self control in a silly situation, now artest does come off looking like a major a hole cause the thunder reacted with cooler heads.

i still cant belive people are condoning this...as much as i love ron (MWP) there is no excuse for this and him trying to lie to ref about it after wards.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 01:01 PM

And Kobe doesn't do the same? What about Artest taunting and kissing his muscles after EVERY dunk he does? Or Bynum screaming at benches after scoring a basket? Damn the Laker homers here are unbelievable.

Soonerule
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM

So your saying Harden said something to Artest that lead to the elbowing incident? Then the elbow was retaliation for something Harden said. So it wasn't an accident and Artest is guilty of 1st degree assault punishable in the state of California. That's 2 to 6 years champ and if the blow causes permanent damage and ends Harden's career, that's aggravated mayhem and that's life. So just to be perfectly clear, your saying Artest elbowed Harden for something he.... said? rii-i-i-ight..

the_antz_nest
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Again, this is not what I'm implying. There wouldn't have been a fight if a couple guys got into his face a little bit. Ron would've been held back by Pau and Kobe, you know Pau, Kobe, Sessions/Blake wouldn't have started throwing punches.

I'm just saying that after a horrific play like that, I think you kind of have to help your guy out in that situation.

As for HCA, the Spurs are essentially 2 up on OKC and have the tie breaker right? Spurs have 1 tough game left, @Phoenix.

If the Spurs win 1 of their last 3, they've got 1st on lock. I would've taken a game off the bench to get up in his face.

maybe not lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCKrAv_FEpA

boolish
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
By tomorrow evening: Commish: your foot on ron ron's chest.

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
And Kobe doesn't do the same? What about Artest taunting and kissing his muscles after EVERY dunk he does? Or Bynum screaming at benches after scoring a basket? Damn the Laker homers here are unbelievable.

The Lakers dont run up into players everytime the other team makes a basket. the Thunder do it all the time, i guess it is a tactic to slow them down from getting back on D. Harden did what his team does, maybe he thought he could draw a foul, or get Artest to get a tech, he got his wish but he had to pay a price for it.

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 01:05 PM
No, I am talking about Artest cloths lining Barea in the fourth quarter of game 2 of the Dallas/LA series last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clQJExTGJus

c'mon buddy... now I know why I didn't remember that.

-There are probably twenty fouls during a playing game that are harder than what artest did to barea. It's not like he swung at him. He put his arm out, got barea in the head. Didn't follow through and kept his arm there on his head making sure nothing else happened.

Is it wrong do go after someone's head? Yes. It was a foul. But that is the least of anyone's worries.

-If you want to bring up Bynums foul on barea, then you would have a point.

But if you're gonna get upset about that "clothesline" then I'm not sure how you ever get through watching an entire NBA game, let alone an NBA playoff series.

-That's not even a clothesline either. A clothesline is a swinging motion with your arm out, that includes a follow through.

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
So your saying Harden said something to Artest that lead to the elbowing incident? Then the elbow was retaliation for something Harden said. So it wasn't an accident and Artest is guilty of 1st degree assault punishable in the state of California. That's 2 to 6 years champ and if the blow causes permanent damage and ends Harden's career, that's aggravated mayhem and that's life. So just to be perfectly clear, your saying Artest elbowed Harden for something he.... said? rii-i-i-ight..

He isn't going to jail for something I said dumb ***. So quit trying to play fake lawyer. He took a blow, maybe the Thunder will get out of the way and let teams get back on D now.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
The Lakers dont run up into players everytime the other team makes a basket. the Thunder do it all the time, i guess it is a tactic to slow them down from getting back on D. Harden did what his team does, maybe he thought he could draw a foul, or get Artest to get a tech, he got his wish but he had to pay a price for it.

He was going for the inbound and Artest was jumping around like a ****in moron and bumped into him. Even so, I don't know how the hell bumping into someone warrants getting a cheapshot elbow to the temple. lol this logic is unbelievable. you were probably one of the guys crying when Wade broke Kobe's nose.

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
He was going for the inbound and Artest was jumping around like a ****in moron and bumped into him. Even so, I don't know how the hell bumping into someone warrants getting a cheapshot elbow to the temple. lol this logic is unbelievable. you were probably one of the guys crying when Wade broke Kobe's nose.

Nope, didn't care.

Gators123
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I remember when Ben Wallace put his hands around Artest neck and pushed him and Artest was too scared to do anything back lol

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/abc_shove_041120_ssh.jpg

Doogolas
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
As I said in the other thread. Artest definitely was being a dick and trying to hit Harden, but I don't think he was aiming for the head. He never even moved his eyes in Harden's direction. He just felt someone push on his elbow so he swung it to the side. It wasn't aimed or anything like that. So while he was a complete ******* and deserves to be suspended a few games, I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than it is and I hope Harden is OK, cause it's unfortunate he got jacked in the head like that.

Also, Harden clearly put his hands on Artest while moving towards Artest. Regardless of what Harden was actually doing
He was going for the inbound and Artest was jumping around like a ****in moron and bumped into him. is not even close to an apt description of what took place.

pebloemer
04-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Scariest thing about this incident is how random it comes across as. I'm not sure people with Artest's cognitive makeup should be competing in physical sports at such a high level. He worries me when emotions are at their peak.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
As I said in the other thread. Artest definitely was being a dick and trying to hit Harden, but I don't think he was aiming for the head. He never even moved his eyes in Harden's direction. He just felt someone push on his elbow so he swung it to the side. It wasn't aimed or anything like that. So while he was a complete ******* and deserves to be suspended a few games, I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than it is and I hope Harden is OK, cause it's unfortunate he got jacked in the head like that.

Also, Harden clearly put his hands on Artest while moving towards Artest. Regardless of what Harden was actually doing is not even close to an apt description of what took place.

he was clearly going for the inbound and they bumped into each other. Harden blocked his midsection...that's a natural reaction when someone bumps into you. Harden wasn't trying to "confront" Artest. Watch the first angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEG8DOSMMTw

you seriously mean to tell me that Harden was trying to confront Artest? You gotta be kidding me.

Stinkyoutsider
The Thunder did the right thing. These are grown men working for a living. Can't afford to get into some **** when OKC can win the title then throw it into the face of Artest.

I was shocked that Durant didn't get more angry. He's the most talented one on one scorer in the league now (Kobe is not in prime anymore) and if I were him, I would have taken the game over and scored 50. Then, in my interview, throw a jab at Artest about dropping 50 on him the next time they play. That's how pros do it...

Man, I tell you though. Artest would have to whoop my *** though. I'm not going to stand by and let my teammate get it like that. Artest whould beat me, but I would get 2 or 3 in there on him too...

Lakers Ghost

he got what he deserves what was he doing all up in MWP there was no reason for him to be that close to mwp unless he wanted to start something. I wish MWP would hit Perkins instead I hate how he was going up to players after they score or got foul.

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 01:31 PM
The Thunder did the right thing. These are grown men working for a living. Can't afford to get into some **** when OKC can win the title then throw it into the face of Artest.

I was shocked that Durant didn't get more angry. He's the most talented one on one scorer in the league now (Kobe is not in prime anymore) and if I were him, I would have taken the game over and scored 50. Then, in my interview, throw a jab at Artest about dropping 50 on him the next time they play. That's how pros do it...

Man, I tell you though. Artest would have to whoop my *** though. I'm not going to stand by and let my teammate get it like that. Artest whould beat me, but I would get 2 or 3 in there on him too...

Exactly man.

I have asked this question 5 times now... why was Durant laughing with Mike Brown in the 2nd OT after the Lakers had gone up for good and had the win locked up?

Durant is way too soft at times. Too nice.

isaacjames2008
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
This is what the NBA wants. Zero tolerance for any fighting. Artest is one of the NBAs dumbest players and I would be surprised if he wasn't done for the year. Did anyone notice that on sports center, when they were talking about Artets past they wouldn't even bring up the running into the stands incident. The days of sticking up for a player physically or getting even are over.

tredigs
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
The good about this incident is that we will no longer have to see Ron Artest play basketball for a long, long time. It's possible we see the first life ban. And to be honest there's no rationale other than a life ban if you take in the totality of the incident/his career.

Some maintain this will be a "2-3" game suspension and he'll back for round 1. Zero chance of that.

I truly just hope that this fantastic/young Thunder team is not tainted and knocked out in the first round because it's 2nd/3rd best player was taken out by a psychotic moron. The new rules for clearing a cuncussion in the league this season are going to make it VERY difficult for Harden to return by the time playoffs roll around in 5 days.

Doogolas
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
he was clearly going for the inbound and they bumped into each other. Harden blocked his midsection...that's a natural reaction when someone bumps into you. Harden wasn't trying to "confront" Artest. Watch the first angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEG8DOSMMTw

you seriously mean to tell me that Harden was trying to confront Artest? You gotta be kidding me.

I didn't say he was trying to confront Artest at all. I'm just saying he walked into Artest and just pushed into Artest in kind of making sure he didn't get hit in the chest, as you said. It wasn't anything he did on purpose at all. But the description wasn't apt, he ran into Artest, Artest didn't run into him. That's all I was saying.

Secondly, I said a couple times Artest was a ******* and was trying to hurt whoever ran into him. But I don't think he was going for the head, he wasn't paying nearly enough attention to what was happening. He just swung his elbow at whoever happened to touch him, I do not think he was expecting to hit anyone in the head like that.

Massive overreaction man.

Gators123
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
The good about this incident is that we will no longer have to see Ron Artest play basketball for a long, long time. It's possible we see the first life ban. And to be honest there's no rationale other than a life ban if you take in the totality of the incident/his career.

I wish. I have a feeling he won't get anymore than 10 games though.

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 01:41 PM
I didn't say he was trying to confront Artest at all. I'm just saying he walked into Artest and just pushed into Artest in kind of making sure he didn't get hit in the chest, as you said. It wasn't anything he did on purpose at all. But the description wasn't apt, he ran into Artest, Artest didn't run into him. That's all I was saying.

Secondly, I said a couple times Artest was a ******* and was trying to hurt whoever ran into him. But I don't think he was going for the head, he wasn't paying nearly enough attention to what was happening. He just swung his elbow at whoever happened to touch him, I do not think he was expecting to hit anyone in the head like that.

You better stop posting like this or else people will start to think you're a secret Lakers fan who made a Bulls account 5 years ago just so you could defend the Lakers if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Because everyone who doesn't think this is the worst event since Pearl Harbor is obviously dumb and a Lakers fan who doesn't know anything.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 01:43 PM

Some maintain this will be a "2-3" game suspension and he'll back for round 1. Zero chance of that.

I truly just hope that this fantastic/young Thunder team is not tainted and knocked out in the first round because it's 2nd/3rd best player was taken out by a psychotic moron. The new rules for clearing a cuncussion in the league this season are going to make it VERY difficult for Harden to return by the time playoffs roll around in 5 days.

i think we may just get it. artest is sterns kryptonite and he knows it. league doesn't need his bum ***, i'm looking forward to him being kicked out.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 01:45 PM

You better stop posting like this or else people will start to think you're a secret Lakers fan who made a Bulls account 5 years ago just so you could defend the Lakers if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Because everyone who doesn't think this is the worst event since Pearl Harbor is obviously dumb and a Lakers fan who doesn't know anything.

how bout you two morons grow up and realize that this is beyond your little fanhood. have you considered the fact that people on this forum may have lost friend and or family to severe head trauma? like seriously, if you want to goof off go into another thread this isn't the place. show some respect for HUMANS.

EDIT - honestly, mods, i understand that this may seem like an opinion argument, but the fact that i had a comment deleted telling someone to not condone head injuries, is a ****ing disgrace. a ****ing disgrace. you cannot be neutral on this topic.

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
how bout you two morons grow up and realize that this is beyond your little fanhood. have you considered the fact that people on this forum may have lost friend and or family to severe head trauma? like seriously, if you want to goof off go into another thread this isn't the place. show some respect for HUMANS.EDIT - honestly, mods, i understand that this may seem like an opinion argument, but the fact that i had a comment deleted telling someone to not condone head injuries, is a ****ing disgrace. a ****ing disgrace.

Are you ********? This doesn't have anything to do with people on this site or people they know who have had head trauma.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Are you ********? This doesn't have anything to do with people on this site or people they know who have had head trauma.

oh really? this thread has nothing to do with the people on this site? or head trauma?

:facepalm: this site has reached its new low, today.

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 01:55 PM
oh really? this thread has nothing to do with the people on this site? or head trauma?

This is about the NBA, Ron Artest, James Harden, Thunder, and the Lakers. it's sports and what happened in a game. We as fans can say what we feel about what happened and it doesn't have to be the same as what you feel about it. if you think this site is something different, then you should find a site where people value what you have to say.

Giannis94
04-23-2012, 01:56 PM
I mean they coulda sent aldrich at him. I know artest is afraid of him :rolleyes:

Marco22
04-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Ron Ron is crazy I still don't know what Ibaka was planning on doing along with Punk azz Perkins. Perkins face and and heart is misleading. I might be wrong but a few games ago I saw Harden talking big s--t to Kobe! Might be something to think about.

tredigs
04-23-2012, 02:01 PM
I wish. I have a feeling he won't get anymore than 10 games though.

I think 10 will be the minimum but won't be surprised to see a year. Again, this is not just because of this elbow alone. This is the league's public enemy #1. He's due for life at this point if you ask me; the "world peace" charade has been exposed.

E.O.21
04-23-2012, 02:04 PM
btw, OKC is pretty damn soft, they're not going to start anything with the Lakers.

The Lakers have a..

Crazy in Artest

Enforcer in Matt Barnes

and a Goon in McRoberts.

Matt Barnes?? :facepalm:

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
This is about the NBA, Ron Artest, James Harden, Thunder, and the Lakers. it's sports and what happened in a game. We as fans can say what we feel about what happened and it doesn't have to be the same as what you feel about it. if you think this site is something different, then you should find a site where people value what you have to say.

if you don't understand why concussions and head injuries in sports are such a big deal, you must not care much for human life. there's a reason it's all a big deal guy. if if it's such a non-deal, why doesn't every MWP appeaser take an elbow to the temple from him to prove how cool it is. again, there's a reason this **** is a big deal. good reason.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Anybody have that number to Metta's psychiatrist? We gotta bring her back for the sake of the league.

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 02:11 PM
if you don't understand why concussions and head injuries in sports are such a big deal, you must not care much for human life. there's a reason it's all a big deal guy. if if it's such a non-deal, why doesn't every MWP appeaser take an elbow to the temple from him to prove how cool it is. again, there's a reason this **** is a big deal. good reason.

And people have the right to say they feel it isn't a big deal. Just because you say something, people don't have to agree with you. Like I said, Artest shouldn't have hit him, should be suspended 10 plus games up to the whole playoffs, but Harden shouldn't have been where he was. He wasn't pushing up on a regular dude, he wasn't talking **** to a regular person, he ended up paying for it. It happened, everyone knew Artest was crazy, Im sure he did as well. he tested it and got blasted. I hope he recovers and maybe he will quit running up to players after a made basket. Artest is probably done, but the message was sent.

obie
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
it happened in transition..i wouldnt be surprised if Serg was the only witness from the Thunder

strokeman
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
i'm a Laker fan, everyone knows RON RON is a headcase and it was a dirty play, but face it he was/is a angry man,he is at his best when he is aggressive, but when he is aggressive he is also very unpredictable!
all that being said, i'm happy to have you back RON ARTEST!
get well soon James Harden!

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM
And people have the right to say they feel it isn't a big deal. Just because you say something, people don't have to agree with you. Like I said, Artest shouldn't have hit him, should be suspended 10 plus games up to the whole playoffs, but Harden shouldn't have been where he was. He wasn't pushing up on a regular dude, he wasn't talking **** to a regular person, he ended up paying for it. It happened, everyone knew Artest was crazy, Im sure he did as well. he tested it and got blasted. I hope he recovers and maybe he will quit running up to players after a made basket. Artest is probably done, but the message was sent.

and i'm calling you an immature, heartless scumbag. or someone who has no knowledge or experience with head trauma. one. or. the. other. blaming it on harden is outrageous.

it has nothing to do with me, it has to do with a basketball player we like potentially getting his career ruined. it's about our favorite sport looking terrible in public because they tolerate a head case in the league. it's about respecting how serious head injury is and not outing yourself as a douche bag by trying to downplay the move. i would literally not be making this case if he had pushed him in the chest.

strokeman
04-23-2012, 02:20 PM

:clap:
Artest shouldn't have hit him, should be suspended a about 6 Games,plus fines.
Harden shouldn't have been where he was. He wasn't pushing up on a regular dude, he wasn't talking **** to a regular person, he ended up paying for it.
I hope he recovers

all that being said, Welcom Back RON RON

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
and i'm calling you an immature, heartless scumbag. or someone who has no knowledge or experience with head trauma. one. or. the. other. blaming it on harden is outrageous.

it has nothing to do with me, it has to do with a basketball player we like potentially getting his career ruined. it's about our favorite sport looking terrible in public because they tolerate a head case in the league. it's about respecting how serious head injury is and not outing yourself as a douche bag by trying to downplay the move. i would literally not be making this case if he had pushed him in the chest.

Like I said, your opinion doesn't matter to me on this site.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Artest shouldn't have hit him, should be suspended a about 6 Games,plus fines.
Harden shouldn't have been where he was. He wasn't pushing up on a regular dude, he wasn't talking **** to a regular person, he ended up paying for it.
I hope he recovers

all that being said, Welcom Back RON RON

disgraceful :facepalm:

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Like I said, your opinion doesn't matter to me on this site.

likewise! let me know how that elbow to the temple works out for ya, *******.

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 02:24 PM
likewise! let me know how that elbow to the temple works out for ya, *******.

I didn't get one, Harden did, and from the looks of it, it didn't work out too well.

KB-Pau-DH2012
All of you are such children. Grow up!

rockbottom2010
ibaka wanted to fight artest....um...nobody booked that....but the referees held them...its a loss for the lakers...and its gonna backfire big time

rockbottom2010
04-23-2012, 02:27 PM
and suspension wise...i wouldn't be surprised if he gets banned during post season....the reason is because of the history of his suspensions.....just like what happened to raffi torres....

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 02:27 PM
i'd just like the internet world to know PSD isn't completely populated by scumbags. but enough is enough, my point is made. i hope some of you figure it out one day.

Joshtd1
04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Don't feel like reading the whole thread but basically its a combination of the guys don't want to mess with him (the smaller guys) and also doing anything dumb to mess up their playoff chances. IMO anyway

Joshtd1
04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Westbrook was smart though not to go after him and pull back. I always find it amusing seeing the smaller guards get angry and try and step to a big guy because if it's in the street or a pickup game that isn't happening.

LakersLockdwn
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM

gotta love fans that sit here and call athletes names that they wouldnt be caught dead saying to their face get over yourself

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM

:yawn: Don't care, Kobe's a big boy and he means nothing to me, just as I mean nothing to him. You guys act like Harden is a dear friend of yours with all the vitriol going around.

Baller1
04-23-2012, 02:51 PM
My god you LA fans are absolutely ****ing pathetic. This shouldn't even be about basketball anymore, it's about a guy potentially losing his career or life over a pathetic assault on his head.

Sorry to some of you Laker fans for the generalization, but it's gotten to a point where these stupid, immature ****s far outweigh the logical Laker fans. It's honestly disgusting that bias toward a basketball team is skewing people's views on a human's life in general. Absolutely ridiculous.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
gotta love fans that sit here and call athletes names that they wouldnt be caught dead saying to their face get over yourself

They act like Harden is their significant other, like Harden would get so riled up for them if they saw them getting elbowed,give me a break. :laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 02:55 PM
gotta love fans that act like they haven't called an athlete a name before. get over yourself.

They act like Harden is their significant other, like Harden would get so riled up for them if they saw them getting elbowed,give me a break. :laugh2:

how does that even correlate? does James Harden watch us on TV and/or look up to us?:facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 02:55 PM
My god you LA fans are absolutely ****ing pathetic. This shouldn't even be about basketball anymore, it's about a guy potentially losing his career or life over a pathetic assault on his head.

Sorry to some of you Laker fans for the generalization, but it's gotten to a point where these stupid, immature ****s far outweigh the logical Laker fans. It's honestly disgusting that bias toward a basketball team is skewing people's views on a human's life in general. Absolutely ridiculous.

Cry me a River, Ron the Psycho will get whats coming to him, so there's no need for you or anybody else here to get their panties in a bunch. I don't cheer for what Ron did but as I don't care about Ron, I couldn't give a rat's ***. What is Harden to you that would make you get so mad?

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
gotta love fans that act like they haven't called an athlete a name before. get over yourself.

how does that even correlate? does James Harden watch us on TV and/or look up to us?:facepalm:

Then why are you getting so riled up for, If you're so bothered then do something about it instead of *****ing about in a forum. Go buy a ticket and come to LA, find out where Ron lives and go confront him and tell him how you think he's a despicable human being and get it over with. You get so mad for someone who is a complete stranger to you, I feel bad for what happened to harden,but he means nothing to me so that's as far as my sympathy goes, the same goes for any NBA player.

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Then why are you getting so riled up for, If you're so bothered then do something about it instead of *****ing about in a forum. Go buy a ticket and come to LA, find out where Ron lives and go confront him and tell him how you think he's a despicable human being and get it over with. You get so mad for someone who is a complete stranger to you, I feel bad for what happened to harden,but he means nothing to me so that's as far as my sympathy goes, the same goes for any NBA player.

If you don't like my posts, then again, why the **** do you keep reading them? You have alot of posts in these Artest/Harden threads for players that "don't mean anything to you." :rolleyes:

If you don't want to see people rip Artest, then don't go in the damn Artest threads. It's simple.

Captain Moroni
Where is Oak and mason when you need them?

championships
Maybe Hardens teammates weren't sure if he had flopped or not so they didn't know how to react. When you do **** like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBLxh2uXpEE your teammates don't know if your crying wolf or if you really got smacked.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
If you don't like my posts, then again, why the **** do you keep reading them? You have alot of posts in these Artest/Harden threads for players that "don't mean anything to you." :rolleyes:

You guys act like you know Harden, like he's a dear friend of yours so what the hell are you getting at?

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
You guys act like you know Harden, like he's a dear friend of yours so what the hell are you getting at?
What we're getting at has already been discussed, that Artest is an idiot and should be suspended.

so if you don't like it, why don't you STOP READING THE POSTS? Like you have 50+posts in both Artest threads and act like you don't care:laugh:

EDIT: It's actually 100+ posts you have in both Artest threads lmfao

championships
04-23-2012, 03:15 PM

I think you are taking this waaayyyy too seriously. Losing his life? C'mon man. Yes the play was dirty, yes the game has no need for crap like this but you are exaggerating a lot here.

You watch UFC? (Not to compare the sports or rules of the sports, just to prove a point) One of the Main objectives is to knock the guy out. Be it by elbow, Knee, fist. Do these guys die? NO

Harden will be fine. Don't put him in a category of possible death or lose of career.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
What we're getting at has already been discussed, that Artest is an idiot and should be suspended.

so if you don't like it, why don't you STOP READING THE POSTS? Like you have 50+posts in both Artest threads and act like you don't care:laugh:

EDIT: It's actually 100+ posts you have in both Artest threads lmfao

How many do you have *****ing and crying about what Ron did. We get it you detest Ron and want him banned because of what he did to Harden. Is there a point though to you getting so riled up for. Know your role jabroni :laugh:

Angry Norwegian
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
A poster earlier made the point that MWP should be out until Harden can play again. Makes sense to me. Eye for an eye.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 03:22 PM
A poster earlier made the point that MWP should be out until Harden can play again. Makes sense to me. Eye for an eye.

An eye for an eye make the whole world blind,but yes that seems like the appropriate punishment.

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 03:22 PM

yeah, if the NBA rules that Artest did not intend to do this, then that is one way to handle it.

Suspend him indefinitely until they see how long Harden will be out... then add a game or 2 onto that.

raidersrock99
04-23-2012, 03:29 PM
honestly the thunder just showed a lot of class im sure harden would rather win a nba championship than have some of his teammates get suspened so close to the playoffs

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
How many do you have *****ing and crying about what Ron did. We get it you detest Ron and want him banned because of what he did to Harden. Is there a point though to you getting so riled up for. Know your role jabroni :laugh:

WAY less than 100 posts complaining about complainers though:laugh:

miller74
04-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I think you are taking this waaayyyy too seriously. Losing his life? C'mon man. Yes the play was dirty, yes the game has no need for crap like this but you are exaggerating a lot here.

You watch UFC? (Not to compare the sports or rules of the sports, just to prove a point) One of the Main objectives is to knock the guy out. Be it by elbow, Knee, fist. Do these guys die? NO

Harden will be fine. Don't put him in a category of possible death or lose of career.

While i dont think hes going to die from the blow, the NFL is getting sued by former players clamming constent head injuries lead to early dimentia and other medical problems. Its a serious issue in sports (like it or not) and shyt like this wont help that.

b@llhog24
04-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, he should avoid trying this on one of the Mavs players this year (if they meet). We'll unleash Delonte West! West may not get as many punches in, but Artest will definitely end up with a few wet willies and a bad case of pink eye.

:laugh2:

Rain City
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
i fully agree about the seriousness of this play....Artest is 6ft8 250+lb, strong, explostive athlete, he threw a violent (high) elbow....He coulda killed him. No doubt in my mind, it is that serious, Harden's career could be in serious jeopardy as far as we know.

GOing into the playoffs, we know how intense things get, Stern (to the chagrin of many), has had to take extreme measure's to prevent these kinda incidents because these guys are huge athletes playing with alot on the line and we know from bountygate about the extreme athletes/coaches are willing to go for competitive advantage.

MWP has done a lot to TRY to repair his image, but with his history, he needs to be gone, suspended for a long time, hes not that good of a player anymore, I hope no other team entertains the idea of him playing. He should never see an NBA court again. My prayers are with Harden.

Rain City
04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Maybe if they were in OKC Artest's teammates woulda reacted differently. I know if i woulda seen my man lying like that, nothing would have prevented me from bombing on MWP. Kinda like when Buster got cleaned out at the plate.....Come on....how can u see your teammate in so much pain, career in jeopardy and not retaliate in the heat of the moment..... :mad:

NYkillaPriest
04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
How in God's name is a full-fledged powerful elbow a "regular downswing"?

it wouldn't have been a downswing if harden didn't run over there and hit his elbow up...basically your not going to put your hand in a dogs mouth and expect not to get bit...Harden got everything coming to him by the way the Thunder players are...they try to stay low key but talk **** all game long...point blank whether intentional or not it would have never happened if Harden never decided to go over there and **** with Artest...them boys (Harden, Durant, and Westbrook) are push overs who expect the refs to protect them...

you can be mad at me but I'm not going to be sympathetic for Harden because he had no business going over there and touching Artest at all, wheter it is a bump or anything more...he shouldn't have gone out his way to touch Artest and got what was coming to him...If Artest is
suspended it should be no longer than Harden is out

NYKNYGNYY
04-23-2012, 04:02 PM
not worth the suspensions 2 games before playoffs

RaiderLakersA's
04-23-2012, 04:03 PM

If they were Thunder, definitely suspended. If they were Lakers, laughing their arses off. Ahh, the good old days.

Baller1
04-23-2012, 04:35 PM

If Harden's head is just 6 inches back, he gets a full power elbow to his temple and then who knows the damage it could have done; that's my point.

WAYNEBO
04-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Artest is a punk bich who will get his card punched soon enough. Don't be surprised if he ends up in a ditch either by some anonymous assailant or by his own crazy ways.

WAYNEBO
04-23-2012, 05:06 PM

That would not have happened in the NYK house... Oak and Mase would have been preventive medicine for that POS. He's done... probrably for the playoffs, and hopefully for the rest of his miserable career. Trash like that belongs in WWF or on a hospital bed.

Doogolas
04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
how bout you two morons grow up and realize that this is beyond your little fanhood. have you considered the fact that people on this forum may have lost friend and or family to severe head trauma? like seriously, if you want to goof off go into another thread this isn't the place. show some respect for HUMANS.

EDIT - honestly, mods, i understand that this may seem like an opinion argument, but the fact that i had a comment deleted telling someone to not condone head injuries, is a ****ing disgrace. a ****ing disgrace. you cannot be neutral on this topic.

Our fanhood? I'm not a Laker's fan. I just watched the play and stated my opinion. And I didn't condone what he did. I said it's not as bad as he looks, despite it still being very, very bad.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok, I'm watching the video for the 40th time.

I am still wondering.

After the Metta dunk....what the hell was Harden doing????

All non-Laker fans, from a non-biased perspective, I want you to see the positions of 3 guys.

James Harden, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka.

What is each guy doing after the Metta Dunk.

Serge Ibaka: Goes out to take the ball out of bounds.

Russell Westbrook: Is at the right side of the paint to receive the ball.

James Harden: Is in the middle of the paint, and then decides to moves to the left side of the paint where Metta is acting like a crazy gorilla. Why does he even go to Ron acting like ROn is jostling up for position on the inbounds pass. ROn is doing no such thing. He is flailing his arms like an idiot and running down the court.

Again I ask, what the hell is Harden doing? He nudges Ron like he's trying to prevent Ron from running down or something.

3rd time I ask, what is Harden thinking??? What was HIS intentions. I want to know!

koberulesall
04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
because ron artest is insane nobody wants anything to do with this guy! he could beat anyones *** in the NBA.....when the announcer said it was an "ovation of ignorance" it was actually an ovation of awesomeness!! he got in rons personal space when he was trying to pump the crowd up! that was a dirty play more than the elbow ron just removed him from his celebration lol!!!! james soften is milking it for all its worth so ron misses games and hopes he doesnt see him in the next round what a *****! i keep watching it over and over at work its sooooooooooo FUNNY! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gibby23
04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Harden talks too much, try's to draw cheep fouls by running into players after made baskets, got the **** blasted out of him that is going to be in the back of his mind the rest of his career. He stepped in the way of stupid/half ****** and thought he would be able to draw a foul, he didn't know he was going to get knocked the **** out. Artest is done for a long time and Im sure harden wont forget him.

D-Leethal
04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
stay classy Laker fans.

Evolution23
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Durant is soft

koberulesall
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
If Harden's head is just 6 inches back, he gets a full power elbow to his temple and then who knows the damage it could have done; that's my point.

hahahahahahah your a ***

koberulesall
04-23-2012, 05:24 PM
That would not have happened in the NYK house... Oak and Mase would have been preventive medicine for that POS. He's done... probrably for the playoffs, and hopefully for the rest of his miserable career. Trash like that belongs in WWF or on a hospital bed.

he will be back dont worry james soften is just milking it for all its worth but he will be back:)

koberulesall
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
ill be back on here when were holding up the championship trophy to talk more **** to you losers PEACE!!!!! go ahead talk **** back IM NOT READING IT!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soonerule
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Ok, I'm watching the video for the 40th time.

I am still wondering.

After the Metta dunk....what the hell was Harden doing????

All non-Laker fans, from a non-biased perspective, I want you to see the positions of 3 guys.

James Harden, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka.

What is each guy doing after the Metta Dunk.

Serge Ibaka: Goes out to take the ball out of bounds.

Russell Westbrook: Is at the right side of the paint to receive the ball.

James Harden: Is in the middle of the paint, and then decides to moves to the left side of the paint where Metta is acting like a crazy gorilla. Why does he even go to Ron acting like ROn is jostling up for position on the inbounds pass. ROn is doing no such thing. He is flailing his arms like an idiot and running down the court.

Again I ask, what the hell is Harden doing? He nudges Ron like he's trying to prevent Ron from running down or something.

3rd time I ask, what is Harden thinking??? What was HIS intentions. I want to know!

James Harden is acting fully within the rules of the NBA, that is what he is doing. In our offense, if Russel goes right for an inbound, Harden goes left. It's called spacing, something we weren't very successful keeping in the fourth quarter WITHOUT Harden in the lineup, thanks to this thug you are trying to defend.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 05:27 PM
James Harden is acting fully within the rules of the NBA, that is what he is doing. In our offense, if Russel goes right for an inbound, Harden goes left. It's called spacing, something we weren't very successful keeping in the fourth quarter WITHOUT Harden in the lineup, thanks to this thug you are trying to defend.

Thank you for clarifying this. I did not know that.

See guys, you can have good discussions in the NBA forum. Once things become clarified, it's all good. :)

Hope Harden gets better.

And **** you Ron Artest.

smith&wesson
04-23-2012, 05:30 PM

See guys, you can have good discussions in the NBA forum. Once things become clarified, it's all good. :)

Hope Harden gets better.

And **** you Ron Artest.

Yep, me and my boy had different opinions about this and were debating respectfully in yesterdays thread and then it got bombarded with retardation lol theres no reason why ppl cant converse in a respectfull manner.

and ron is nuts!! its true. we all know it. he will get what he deserves though.

49ersLALSFGiant
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
When I first saw the elbow in real speed without replay I automatically thought 2 game suspension. After seeing it a dozen or so times he definitely meant to do it and he wanted it to hurt as you can tell by the follow through. It's not all Rons fault tho, if u watch the previous laker thunder game harden deliberately tries to get under the skin of most of the laker players and shouldn't of tried to cut Ron's celebration short by getting in his way for no reason when Ron was jus gettin back down the floor. All in all I think he deserves a 5 game suspension. The kings game and the first 4 of the playoffs. On a side note I can't believe the thunder players didn't defend harden more..one of the scrubs shoulda ran out and at least attempted to do something..I think harden loses a lil respect for his teammates and leaves once his contract is up. ( even if this didn't happen he would probably leave cuz someone will offer him the max)

Soonerule
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
c'mon buddy... now I know why I didn't remember that.

-There are probably twenty fouls during a playing game that are harder than what artest did to barea. It's not like he swung at him. He put his arm out, got barea in the head. Didn't follow through and kept his arm there on his head making sure nothing else happened.

Is it wrong do go after someone's head? Yes. It was a foul. But that is the least of anyone's worries.

-If you want to bring up Bynums foul on barea, then you would have a point.

But if you're gonna get upset about that "clothesline" then I'm not sure how you ever get through watching an entire NBA game, let alone an NBA playoff series.

-That's not even a clothesline either. A clothesline is a swinging motion with your arm out, that includes a follow through.

Ahh, now I remember, that is why the league suspended Artest for a game, because it was such a legal and sportsmanship like play...

Soonerule
04-23-2012, 05:52 PM

Hope Harden gets better.

And **** you Ron Artest.

Exactly, everyone knows we tend to struggle in our half court offense so we are constantly trying to push the pace, thus all the turnovers. Harden doesn't want anything to do with Artest but then who does, he's nuts. I think Ibaka was the only one that was actually looking when the blow occurred. Everyone else just saw James down and Ibaka going after Artest and didn't want to see him get thrown out for fighting.

DodgerBulls
04-23-2012, 06:19 PM
See 2004 Pacers team. And if something did happen, might as well say bye bye to the postseason and the long hard work.

knicks4life33
04-23-2012, 06:39 PM
ibaka went after him. ibaka is from a far worse ghetto then artest can ever be from. Also if you look at the video the players are down the court and didnt see METTA WORLD PEACE hit him with the elbow

knicks4life33
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM
I would suspend him for the year to send him a message . Sorry laker fans. Reason being is the way he cocked back his elbow to hit him in the head . Harden could have been seriously injured .

Deemerc
04-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't think they stuck up for him cus of his gay hair. The teammates were probably applauding metta, they thought maybe this concussion will make him change his mind on hair styles.

theheatles
04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBejbRJyIRk&feature=player_embedded

RON ARTEST BACK!

He come back for you James Harden

Iron24th
04-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I think Artest will get 3-5 games at worst.
Some people here will be disappointed.

theheatles
04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
ibaka went after him. ibaka is from a far worse ghetto then artest can ever be from. Also if you look at the video the players are down the court and didnt see METTA WORLD PEACE hit him with the elbow

Yeah, the congo is most definitely the most dangerous place on the planet right now, but I still think ron would win in a fight with ibaka

NFLNBA
04-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Listen nobody wants to mess with that man! Artest is a scary strong dude and throw in Krazy and thats dangerous. A lot of these wanna be tough NBA thugs act tough and a lot of it is because they know the other player wont do anything. You cant go in thinking that with Artest cause he will do something lol Remember this dude used to play on courts with people gettng stabbed and dude would drink hennessy before games. He is one of the rare not FAKE thugs. Watch the video of Ibaka going at Artest once your head realizes okay this is Artest and you see his eyes and the stance you stop in your tracks.

A story for you guys. When i was living in Sac i went to the state fair and Matt Barnes was there with Gerald Wallace. A lot of people were shouting some love at them but some drunk dudes wanted to be stupid and talk crap. Barnes talked back while Gerald didnt say anything. All of a sudden i see Banres and Wallace laughing at them and told the guys to turn around and Ron Artest was behind them, i never seen a bunch of dudes run like that lol Ill never forget what Gerald Wallace said, "That man strikes fear in others" I didnt hear another bad thing said there way that night lmao

Mave1002
04-23-2012, 07:13 PM

That was the best part!!! He even tried extending his tough guy characterization by softly kicking the basketball right after. Wachugona do when they come for you?

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah, the congo is most definitely the most dangerous place on the planet right now, but I still think ron would win in a fight with ibaka

Juarez mexico is the most dangerous place on earth dude

thekmp211
how i feel - http://thefrontcourt.com/1578/metta-world-peace-and-internet-tough-guys/

thekmp211

haha i love this. queens? ***** im from DRC! and yeah no one else saw the shot.

Jenceman
04-23-2012, 07:22 PM

He got elbowed in the head. He lived. His career will go on.

Quit the crying, it's getting as pathetic as the elbow itself.

theheatles
04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Juarez mexico is the most dangerous place on earth dude

nah dude, the congo wishes it was only as bad as juarez

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
He got elbowed in the head. He lived. His career will go on.

Quit the crying, it's getting as pathetic as the elbow itself.

i'd like to see how your body responds to a blow like that, and if you'd be so casual about it then. my guess is no.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
The league is taking a really really really long time deciding the suspension.

I don't know why, but my gut feeling tells me that now it's going to be for the entire postseason. I have a really bad feeling it might be this.

_KB24_
04-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Assault!? :laugh2:

WAYNEBO
04-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Unless the NBA players have some sort of waiver clause in each of their contracts, Harden would be wise to hit that dbag with a criminal and civil suit.

And if someone doesn't retaliate early next year on that squad, they all need panties instead of shorts.

Sssmush
04-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Probably, all the OKC players are aware that Harden is a ridiculous flopper, and probably just assumed this was another of his acts (which I think it actually was, although Artest gave him a little bit more than he bargained for) so the OKC players were just like "yeah, whatever. Harden."

You know that Harden isn't really injured because he still has the presence of mind to do his Italian soccer flop routine, the identical one he's used multiple times this year, rolling around on the floor in mock agony.

Sssmush
04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I mean, Harden is just LoL funny.

I honestly think that the best course of action for the league is to not suspend Artest for even a single game, just to send a message to "floppers" in general.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 08:36 PM

I honestly think that the best course of action for the league is to not suspend Artest for even a single game, just to send a message to "floppers" in general.

You think harden flopped yesterday?

Sssmush
04-23-2012, 08:42 PM
You think harden flopped yesterday?

Like I said, he was in the process of flopping, Artest just gave him his money's worth--unintentionally.

How could Artest know that Harden was putting his head right there? I'm sure Artest thought it was a chest.

That's like we're giving Artest credit for being this master manipulator, who had watched Harden's tactics/antics closely for months, patiently waiting for the chance to completely deck him with plausible deniability.

What's more likely, that? Or that this is just another in a long series of ridiculous Harden flops.

Watch the videos, my friends.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Like I said, he was in the process of flopping, Artest just gave him his money's worth--unintentionally.

How could Artest know that Harden was putting his head right there? I'm sure Artest thought it was a chest.

That's like we're giving Artest credit for being this master manipulator, who had watched Harden's tactics/antics closely for months, patiently waiting for the chance to completely deck him with plausible deniability.

What's more likely, that? Or that this is just another in a long series of ridiculous Harden flops.

Watch the videos, my friends.
Ive seen the video plenty of times, its pretty hard to watch, wether you thought harden was trying to flop or not(and i dont) artest knew someone was there and intentionally hit him with an elbow and followed through. Thats what i saw. If you want to consider what harden has done in the past, think about what artests has as well...no way should artest be given the benefit of any doubt.

The Final Boss
04-23-2012, 08:53 PM

Right, like those clowns made that decision in the heat of the moment. :rolleyes:

jpt912f
04-23-2012, 09:17 PM
my two cents as a thunder fan,

-artest didnt accidently hit him, it was an intentional cheap shot from a guy with a history of this behavior

-harden did nudge him was my impression when it happened, but after watching the replay, artest ran into him and harden was backpedalling when he got hit

-anyone that even remotely tries to put some of the blame on harden is a ****ing moron, this is all on artest

-he should be suspended more so than anyone in the history, because of his history, hes had like 110+ games suspended in his career, like 80+ because of violent behavior i read somewhere today, obviously hes not getting it yet, hit him where it hurts, playtime and money, and make him and anyone else think, this will never happen again

-lastly, all the ppl calling the thunder out, first, what where they suppose to do, clock him a week before the playoffs and get yourself suspended? second, the only one who really saw what happened was ibaka, and he did confront him. third, ppl saying russ was a ***** for backing off, and im the only one to see durant clearly step in front of him as he raced over, and then continue to be held back by KD and the ref?

DrDre94
04-23-2012, 09:18 PM

Really? Are you seriously saying that?

What Artest did was the most scumbag thing I have seen this season by far. Like the poster above has said, you CANNOT give Artest any benefit of the doubt.

Besides, there's no way in hell Harden was flopping... you'd have to be a ****** to say that.

Jenceman
04-23-2012, 09:28 PM
i'd like to see how your body responds to a blow like that, and if you'd be so casual about it then. my guess is no.

Baller isn't James Harden. Neither am I. So I don't really care. I'm sorry, I just do not care if one millionaire elbows another. There's bigger things to cry over, and I don't care if it's your favorite player. He's alive. No need to cry like he hit your boyfriend.

What MWP did was wrong by the way, intentional or not. Instigated by Harden or not. And yes, I believe he instigated it. He tries to get these kinds of flops. Did it in the playoffs against Tyson Chandler. I believe that's what he was trying to do here, he just wasn't expecting an actual elbow :laugh2:

And blah blah blah no I wouldn't by crying if it happened to Kobe or any other Laker. They're my favorite team, not my wife(wives?).

Soonerule
04-23-2012, 09:31 PM
The league is taking a really really really long time deciding the suspension.

I don't know why, but my gut feeling tells me that now it's going to be for the entire postseason. I have a really bad feeling it might be this.

It is hard to stay objective when something like this happens. James took some folks out shopping around Christmas that were family of a friend of mine so I am more emotionally involved than some but I'll try.

The league finds itself in a pickle over this thing. He would be hard pressed to pick a worse game to pull a stunt like this than nationally televised game between 2 popular teams. Because of the exposure it has set off a worldwide firestorm and put the league in a bad position. All eyes are waiting for their decision and they know it.

I'm sure the league is weighing more than just this isolated incident. My understanding is Artest served a 73 game suspension after the Detroit fiasco. Along with the fines and loss of income, one would think he would get the message but it is now obvious in Artest's case that while they have had some effect, it may be something he cannot control.

Another fallout from this has been fan reaction. In the wake of the lockout the league is very image conscious. This forum alone could scare them to death. I'm sure I will get hammered for this, but applauding this event by some of the posters here like we are talking about some UFC event has to horrify the public relations department at the NBA.

Finally, there is the NBA's legal department. I'm sure players sign waivers that cover the league to a certain extent, but suspensions and fines have failed to deter Artest's outbursts and allowing him to continue to participate in the league could set them up for a major lawsuit if someone really did get hurt in the future. This blow, despite what many here think, was a very close call. Artest is obviously a very powerful athlete and we were inches from possibly something really bad yesterday. I'm not sure how close the league wants to get to something like this again.

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Ben wallace wasnt scared and he would have beat the #### out of him he kept pushing ron and he wouldnt do a *** thing

laughable... ben wallace is a fake tough guy just like perkins...

how you guys don't see that is hilarious

meloman1592
04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Harden is a flop but by no means did he deserve this....Artest has no justification and to those of you making excuses for him, just stfu...please

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 09:35 PM
respect to the Thunder for keeping their cool and their professionalism out there. Cheap shots like that aim to provoke response, and he didn't get it.

I'm sure if it was on the street things would have been different.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

yeah... there would be some dead thunder players...

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM

Look at the big brain on this one

assault charges... prison time :facepalm:

calm down there buddy... we have shipped some dresses to oklahoma for their next game...

might want to direct your anger at the meth labs and **** fighting in your home state... could be alot more productive :D

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 09:59 PM

thanks doc... your credentials are outstanding... :facepalm:

as for harden... watch the replay... he is walking to the bench and says HE IS FINE... i am sure his concussion will be all gone when artests discipline is rendered by the great one

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 10:02 PM

I am OUTRAGED

By your OUTRAGE

tredigs
04-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Gotta love the tough guy internet kids from Paris Hilton's stomping grounds were seeing either back up Artest's play, feigning indifference (after posting 100+ times in here), and/or insisting that Harden earned this.

Basement of society will back up the basement of society. Nothing new here.

thanks doc... your credentials are outstanding... :facepalm:

as for harden... watch the replay... he is walking to the bench and says HE IS FINE... i am sure his concussion will be all gone when artests discipline is rendered by the great one

Here's your "credentials" junior. http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/27667/outlining-the-nba%E2%80%99s-concussion-policy
After speaking with a source familiar with the league's policy, here are few things to know:
As part of the policy, during the preseason every player in the NBA undergoes baseline neurological testing.
If a player is diagnosed with a concussion, he's no longer allowed to play until cleared in consultation with the NBA's director of the concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher, an associate professor of neurology at the University of Michigan.
To gain clearance, a player must return to his symptom free neurological baseline, then complete a series of exertion tests, each growing in difficulty (from a stationary bike to jogging, to agility and individual basketball drills) remaining free of symptoms after each test.
There is no set amount of time that must pass between each exertion exercise. Testing is situation specific, and relies on the medical judgment of the doctors and other medical personnel involved.

The league made it a much more elaborate process to come back from a concussion for two reasons. 1) They want to save their *** from getting sued by players in the future ala the NFL.
2) We know a lot more about head trauma and the degenerative lifelong effects they can have. Many times those effects won't flesh out for decades, but if a concussion is severe enough or there is a history of them, then there is a high probability that problems will manifest themselves.

Do 10 minutes of research and educate yourselves before you clowns continue to embarrass yourself in this thread.

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 10:05 PM
I think 10 will be the minimum but won't be surprised to see a year. Again, this is not just because of this elbow alone. This is the league's public enemy #1. He's due for life at this point if you ask me; the "world peace" charade has been exposed.

public enemy #1 :facepalm:

good call genius ... because all PE's are awarded the NBA Citizenship award last year...

Again... channel your outrage to something that matters like human trafficking

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM

i agree...

i guess that means MWP will be back for game 1 of the playoffs :clap:

championships
These kids in the NBA forum are hilarious.

"He could have died"...

:laugh::laugh2::laugh:

tredigs
public enemy #1 :facepalm:

good call genius ... because all PE's are awarded the NBA Citizenship award last year...

Again... channel your outrage to something that matters like human trafficking

I'm not 1950's network TV*, I have plenty of channels, I assure you.

And so you're insinuating is that Artest will not be taken as a special case here and the suspension won't be magnified? Good luck with that one Laker fan. You won't be seeing Artest any time soon. I'd be willing to wager on that.

These kids in the NBA forum are hilarious.

"He could have died"...

:laugh::laugh2::laugh:

Full on reared back elbow to the temple from an insanely strong 6'8" athlete/domestic abuser when you are not even looking/blocking? I wouldn't say it's likely, but it would be far from the first time.

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 10:16 PM

:facepalm:

seriously dude... is this open mic night?

you are killing me...

Sactown
04-23-2012, 10:21 PM
The suspension should be as long as Hardens on the bench plus a hefty fine.. Lets just get back to playoff basketball.. Nobody wants players with held from the playoffs

championships
04-23-2012, 10:22 PM

And so you're insinuating is that Artest will not be taken as a special case here and the suspension won't be magnified? Good luck with that one Laker fan. You won't be seeing Artest any time soon. I'd be willing to wager on that.

Full on reared back elbow to the temple from an insanely strong 6'8" athlete/domestic abuser when you are not even looking/blocking? I wouldn't say it's likely, but it would be far from the first time.

It was no where near his temple. Infact the elbow hit hardens shoulder first then slid up to hit him in the back of the head.

That is just a lame way to get into the conversation. He is not going to die. Haven't you ever been into a fight:confused:

YashBoone
04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
This is a prime example of how much perspective plays a role and why people need in the forums ....

To me, it's beyond a shadow of a doubt , an elbow. Hard to hardens head. And any higher and that could have been really serious.

Arrest , sorry world peace, should be suspended for the rest of the year.

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Gotta love the tough guy internet kids from Paris Hilton's stomping grounds were seeing either back up Artest's play, feigning indifference (after posting 100+ times in here), and/or insisting that Harden earned this.

Basement of society will back up the basement of society. Nothing new here.

Here's your "credentials" junior. http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/27667/outlining-the-nba%E2%80%99s-concussion-policy

The league made it a much more elaborate process to come back from a concussion for two reasons. 1) They want to save their *** from getting sued by players in the future ala the NFL.
2) We know a lot more about head trauma and the degenerative lifelong effects they can have. Many times those effects won't flesh out for decades, but if a concussion is severe enough or there is a history of them, then there is a high probability that problems will manifest themselves.

Do 10 minutes of research and educate yourselves before you clowns continue to embarrass yourself in this thread.

wow... your mom must be proud that you can quote the nba concussion policy... how long did that take you to cut and paste ...do you have anything specific about hardens supposed injury?

yeah... i didn't think so...

good call on the ban though... i will have some crow ready for you to eat when his suspension is announced and falls way short of your expectations...

championships
04-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Hahah - With a 6'8" wildabeast who I did not know I was fighting? No, you ****ing clown. I haven't.

Typical response. You act as if Harden is 5'6" weakling. He'll live.

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 10:28 PM

did you fail anatomy also :clap:

tredigs
04-23-2012, 10:29 PM
"No where near his temple". Awesome:

http://s3.guyism.com/up/2012/04/Ron-Artest-elbows-James-Harden.jpg

http://www.streetheattv.net/images/thumbnails/knee.png

http://vcmstatic.sabc.co.za/VCMStaticProdStage/EDUCATION/StaticHTML/Schools/Beyond%20The%20Classroom/Ideas%20Library/Theme%20Pictures/Human%20Body-%20Muscles/Temple_c.jpg

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 10:30 PM
The suspension should be as long as Hardens on the bench plus a hefty fine.. Lets just get back to playoff basketball.. Nobody wants players with held from the playoffs

agreed... like i said before i guess MWP will be back for game 1 :clap:

MrfadeawayJB
04-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Okc thunder are soft i guess

Vinylman
04-23-2012, 10:33 PM
"No where near his temple". Awesome:

http://s3.guyism.com/up/2012/04/Ron-Artest-elbows-James-Harden.jpg

http://www.streetheattv.net/images/thumbnails/knee.png

http://vcmstatic.sabc.co.za/VCMStaticProdStage/EDUCATION/StaticHTML/Schools/Beyond%20The%20Classroom/Ideas%20Library/Theme%20Pictures/Human%20Body-%20Muscles/Temple_c.jpg

agenda much?

there is a clear video in slow mo of the incident but lets use still photos to make our case

you are priceless... keep the laughs coming