PDA

View Full Version : Jose juan barea lights up t-wolves management & the players.

BALKIS2K12
04-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Barea expects big changes: "That's up to mgmt. We just don't care. We just come in after a game like nothing happened."
21m Jon Krawczynski ‏ @APkrawczynski Responder Retwittear Favorito Abrir
Barea says #TWolves will keep losing "until we get players that care about winning, care about the team, care about the fans."
22m Jon Krawczynski ‏ @APkrawczynski Responder Retwittear Favorito Abrir
Barea: "We got problems here. We got a lot of guys that don't care. ... We're just going to keep Ls til we get players here that care."
24m Jon Krawczynski ‏ @APkrawczynski Responder Retwittear Favorito Abrir
JJ Barea absolutely lit up the Wolves. Said too many in locker room didn't care.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 12:36 AM
beasley could give a **** less, thats for sure. He should be flipping burgers at bk

tredigs
04-23-2012, 12:39 AM
I feel like he's talking about Beasley and Anthony Randolph. Not sure what Wesley Johnson or Derrick Williams personalities are like... maybe them as well.

I wouldn't be too pissed if I'm a Wolves fan and see this. But really, their 2 best players are out. L's are bound to happen.

BALKIS2K12
04-23-2012, 12:40 AM
beasley could give a **** less, thats for sure. He should be flipping burgers at bk

i bet hes calling out KEVIN LOVE for not coming back and playing the last two games.

BAREA has been playing hurt for the last month on a swollen ankle.

Fresno
04-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Why is everyone immediately assuming he's talking about Beasley?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 12:59 AM
i bet hes calling out KEVIN LOVE for not coming back and playing the last two games.

BAREA has been playing hurt for the last month on a swollen ankle.

he's not talking about Love...by the way, Barea's time missed due to injuries > Love's time missed due to injuries. You are dumb if you think he is talking about Love. The amount of injuries Love has played with this season is crazy...and the injury he has right now is a concussion...players miss full seasons for that.

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Hawkeye should infract him for baiting other teammates and ban him if it continues :laugh2:

Wade>You
04-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Barea said exactly what needs to be said and what the fans want to hear. Props to him for stepping up as a leader.

I think Beasley's a good kid (hated him as a player, though). With that said, I think Beasley surrounds himself with people that cater to his ego and don't hold him accountable for his mistakes and his lack of professionalism. I follow his dad on twitter, and when Beasley was traded, he was talking smack about the Heat. I got the impression he was just doing it to protect his son, so it was understandable, but you can tell that his family boosts his ego. Cool guy, though, I made a crack about a comment he made on twitter. I told him he was smoking too much and he responded "or not enough."

AI
04-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Wolves please trade Barea to the Knicks next year :)

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Barrea is right in what he said...but he should not have said it to the media. Its also a blanket statement, as he didnt call anyone out in particular, and what blanket statements tend to do, is fall on those who it was not intended for, and blows past the people it was intended for.

It seems that whenever a teammate calls out other teammates to the media, it does not turn out well for the player who did the calling out...also, kind of strange that Barrea chooses a game that he shoots 5-18 in, to call people out.

BALKIS2K12
04-23-2012, 01:08 AM
J.J. Barea has had enough. The Timberwolves walked onto the court at Target Center, took their medicine quietly and left with their 12th loss in 13 games.

"We've got problems here," Barea said. "We just got a lot of guys that don't care. When a basketball team got a bunch of players that don't care, it's tough to win games. It's going to happen until we get players in that care: care about winning, care about the team, care about the fans."

In a flashback to the Kurt Rambis Era, several of the Wolves clearly didn't give a flip. They coughed up a 21-point lead late in the first half to the woeful, banged-up Golden State Warriors in a game that reflected badly on coach Rick Adelman, the Wolves organization and, most of all, the players themselves.

The "who cares?" attitude was evident in the lack of defensive effort, the erratic shot selection and the sometimes selfish play. And when Barea made his postgame remarks, he wasn't hiding in a corner. He was sitting in front of his locker and within earshot of several of his teammates.

"They just come in here after the game like nothing happened," Barea said. "That's what happens to a losing team."

Barea, a member of the championship Dallas Mavericks last season, says he will try to keep yapping at them. With every other Wolves point guard injured or, in Malcolm Lee's case, throwing up, Barea played all 48 minutes against the Warriors. It wasn't his best game. But he appeared to be giving it his all.

"There's
a bunch of us, too, that care and play hard," he said. "But there's a bunch that don't care, and we just got to change that.

For the past three weeks the most interesting thing that has happened to the Timberwolves has been Kevin Love's haircut. Oh, and shave. That bit of grooming has resulted in more buzz than anything the team has done on the court since it came apart at the seams awhile back.

That's probably not a surprise because the past four weeks of any Wolves season always represents the team's personal Heartbreak Hill. Come April, the team collectively starts sucking wind and wobbling at the knees. The Wolves have run off some amazing losing streaks during this time of the season.

Now they are finishing with another dull thud. This has been a sorry three weeks. Yes, there have been injuries. But there's a difference between being short-handed and just playing bad basketball. An awful lot of early-season good work is being flushed here. A lot of hard-earned respect is slipping away.

Anthony Tolliver, a free agent after Thursday's season finale, didn't exactly agree with Barea. But he sounded pretty close.

"I would say that there's some guys in here that have been more worried about other things," Tolliver said. "It's not necessarily that they don't want to win. Sometimes the team concept just goes out of the window."

Adelman appeared disgusted after the game.

"It's the attitude, like I said. The game was easy in the first half, we were scoring and things were going good," he said. "Then in the second half we acted like it was going to be that way the whole game without working at it."

It's a sorry finish to a season that held so much promise for so long.

"Got a lead. Got comfortable. They got it going," Michael Beasley said.

Beasley is a restricted free agent after the season, and the Wolves have a big decision to make on him. His defense was awful Sunday. But it's like that a lot and probably isn't the result of a lack of effort. Asked if he agreed with Barea's assessment, Beasley said:

"It's always a problem. Do I agree with him? Maybe. But until you point those guys out one by one, it doesn't really matter."

I thought these guys were supposed to call themselves out in the locker room and not wait for someone to do it in print.

"I'm disappointed," Beasley said. "Especially about guys that don't care. But we got one more left. Those who don't care won't be here next year."

That was the most encouraging thing I'd seen or heard all day.

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Wolves please trade Barea to the Knicks next year :)

if we did that, you would want him gone...not because he is that bad, but because of this Balkis kid. Balkis has basically ruined Barrea for all the Wolves posters on PSD, because he is the biggest nut rider in the world. If we lose, the team didnt do enough to support Barrea, if we win, we won because of the efforts of JJ. Balkis became so unbearable, Hawkeye gave him a 10 year ban in the Wolves forum.

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 01:15 AM
"It's always a problem. Do I agree with him? Maybe. But until you point those guys out one by one, it doesn't really matter."

I thought these guys were supposed to call themselves out in the locker room and not wait for someone to do it in print.

Quotes from Barreas teammates. This should have been handled in the locker room, not through the media.

Chronz
04-23-2012, 01:22 AM
I honestly dont see the big deal. I wouldnt care either, whats the point in going all out this late?

JLynn943
04-23-2012, 01:32 AM
I understand and respect his comments, but I highly doubt this is directed at all towards Love

BALKIS2K12
04-23-2012, 01:33 AM

Quotes from Barreas teammates. This should have been handled in the locker room, not through the media.

The "who cares?" attitude was evident in the lack of defensive effort, the erratic shot selection and the sometimes selfish play. And when Barea made his postgame remarks, he wasn't hiding in a corner. He was sitting in front of his locker and within earshot of several of his teammates.

UPRock
04-23-2012, 01:46 AM
BELKIS is 12 years old kid, please respect his obsession with Barea, at that age we all had a hero.

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 01:49 AM
he's not really 12, its part of his act. its 12:45 AM, if he was 12, he would be in bed.

lkingratedr
04-23-2012, 01:59 AM
How is he complaining about losing what did you expect going to one of the bottom teams in the league obviously when he passed over teams built to win for more dollar signs he set his self up for that failure

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 02:02 AM
How is he complaining about losing what did you expect going to one of the bottom teams in the league obviously when he passed over teams built to win for more dollar signs he set his self up for that failure

being concerned about your financial well being does not mean you can't care about winning.

3ballbomber
04-23-2012, 02:06 AM

Is Beasley still in the league? the biggest bum - draft pick #2 my ***.

CityofChaos
04-23-2012, 02:24 AM
Anthony Randolph and Beasley are the first two heads that come to mind. Both are young, talented, and immature as far as personality goes.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 08:36 AM
No big deal. Barea is right actually, but he also has to understand that even though it may not be right, what do the Wolves have to play for at this point?

But I have zero problem with what he is saying, and hope the front office has the same view of some of the players that have been there a couple of seasons and just thrown the towel in late.

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
right or wrong, why does he wait until there is one game left? we have been on a down swing since Rubio went out, that took a deeper fall after Love went out. If Barea wanted to step up and be a team leader, he should have done it about 5 weeks ago, when we were on a down swing, but still had a fighting chance at the playoffs.

Fnom11
04-23-2012, 09:08 AM
People should stop jumping to conclusions about who he was talking about.

mdm692
04-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Beasley belongs in a suns uni then again so does any scoring wing lol. But on the real i think he got butt hurt that miami traded him for nothing.

Blitzbolt
04-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Barea you sign with the WOLVES they suck its your fault now shut up and take it.

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
People should stop jumping to conclusions about who he was talking about.

thats the part of the problem i have with what JJ did. its a blanket statements, and no one knows who it was intended for. Blanket statements are made to a group of people, but not intended for the whole group. What happens with blanket statements, is that the people it was unintended for, wonder if it was made about them, and the people it was intended for, tend to ignore it.

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Barea you sign with the WOLVES they suck its your fault now shut up and take it.

they sure didnt suck when everyone was healthy. that's got to be part of his frustration. they held a playoff spot beyond the half way point of the season, then, when the injuries started to pile up, a lot of the players seemed to mail it in. The only consistent (in no time missed) starter this season, has been Wesley Johnson.

thekmp211
04-23-2012, 09:30 AM
guys like beas, wes johnshon...they should be able to compete even with love and rubio out. i don't blame jj. this is one of the reasons hes a good fit for a young team thats trying to grow, although i'd rather he was on a playoff roster.

iliketurtles24
04-23-2012, 09:55 AM
they sure didnt suck when everyone was healthy. that's got to be part of his frustration. they held a playoff spot beyond the half way point of the season, then, when the injuries started to pile up, a lot of the players seemed to mail it in. The only consistent (in no time missed) starter this season, has been Wesley Johnson.

its because wes j doesnt try hard enough to get injured.

TheIlladelph16
04-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Shouldn't have gone through the media with this stuff. Otherwise I agree with him....

Belkis is truly a master of caps lock and bolding his font to emphasize a point though (even if it is complete nonsense)

uprightciti
04-23-2012, 10:37 AM
trade everyone and keep love and rubio

Giraffes Rule
04-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Maybe if he wanted to win he shouldn't have chased money and signed on with one of the league's worst teams last year?

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Maybe if he wanted to win he shouldn't have chased money and signed on with one of the league's worst teams last year?

in all fairness, as JJ was milking his way through numerous injuries and not playing for us, we were in the 8th spot and gaining steam...

Sadds The Gr8
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
didn't he have the main turnover that cost them the game yesterday?

smith&wesson
04-23-2012, 01:45 PM
the heart of that team is rubio. look at how great they were playing when he was there. i cant see love not caring either. but Beasly, randolph, i can see being a problem. good news is those two can easily be traded off.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
the heart of that team is rubio. look at how great they were playing when he was there. i cant see love not caring either. but Beasly, randolph, i can see being a problem. good news is those two can easily be traded off.

better news is the Wolves can just let them walk and pay them nothing this summer, along with Miller and Webster.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 01:50 PM
didn't he have the main turnover that cost them the game yesterday?

I watched 7 seconds of the game. Got home, flipped it on, down 90-88, and Barea throws a lazy lob to Pekovic (who has a 2" veritcal) that is easily intercepted by Balkman.

JJ Barea might be THE worst post feeder I have ever seen in my life.

NYMetropolitans
04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Barea should have never left the Mavs.

kenzo400
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I still think they need to play Beasley more, just because of his offense. Yes, he is a defensive liability but i think his offense makes up for it, and its especially needed because they are struggling with scoring from the guard and sf positions. Derrick Williams has been largely inconsistent and he has no offensive game when you play him at PF.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
I still think they need to play Beasley more, just because of his offense. Yes, he is a defensive liability but i think his offense makes up for it, and its especially needed because they are struggling with scoring from the guard and sf positions. Derrick Williams has been largely inconsistent and he has no offensive game when you play him at PF.

If I had to bet, Beasley will only be in a Wolves uniform for exactly 1 more game.

kenzo400
04-23-2012, 04:48 PM
If I had to bet, Beasley will only be in a Wolves uniform for exactly 1 more game.

I agree, and i don't think Wolves should keep him long term. But i think playing him more would have helped them a lot this season. Adelmans a good coach but he has made some really questionable moves with the rotations.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I agree, and i don't think Wolves should keep him long term. But i think playing him more would have helped them a lot this season. Adelmans a good coach but he has made some really questionable moves with the rotations.

He was playing a lot early on, got hurt, came back, got hurt, and just fell out of the rotation. Plus he ended up being our only scorer in the 2nd unit when the midget Barea was forced to start.

smith&wesson
04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
better news is the Wolves can just let them walk and pay them nothing this summer, along with Miller and Webster.

Exactly. the core guys are just fine imo. keep building around rubio, love and even williams... find some vets that compliment those guys and if health allows it they should be rolling again the way the were the beginning of the season. i even like pekovic.

I watched 7 seconds of the game. Got home, flipped it on, down 90-88, and Barea throws a lazy lob to Pekovic (who has a 2" veritcal) that is easily intercepted by Balkman.

JJ Barea might be THE worst post feeder I have ever seen in my life.

I see barea as a score first type of gaurd. imo his best role is off the bench as a 6th man to create a spark. thats the role he excelled in for the mavs in the playoffs. i think thats the perfect role for him.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Exactly. the core guys are just fine imo. keep building around rubio, love and even williams... find some vets that compliment those guys and if health allows it they should be rolling again the way the were the beginning of the season. i even like pekovic.

I see barea as a score first type of gaurd. imo his best role is off the bench as a 6th man to create a spark. thats the role he excelled in for the mavs in the playoffs. i think thats the perfect role for him.

my presented plan?

Let Beasley, Randolph, Miller, and Webster walk. Amnesty Darko. Trade Williams, #16, and filler (Luke or Barea perhaps) for Iggy. Sign Courtney Lee (Danny Green if Houston matches) to an offer sheet. Use the remaning money to get depth up front.

Correct on Barea's role. He needs talent around him to help space the floor, and good defenders to help him since he is such a liability. He can be an absolute nightmare if you keep the floor spaced and defenders honest when he gets into the paint. But when asked to play a traditional lead PG position, he is being asked to do more than he is capable of succeeding at.

Iodine
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Don't sign my little Danny Green :(

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Don't sign my little Danny Green :(

too late, I have already hatched my plan and presented it to Kahn. He tried to suggest we should go after Earl Boykins in free agency, but I told him no.

Iodine
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
What about jacque vaughn

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 05:39 PM
What about jacque vaughn

too tall dude.

Iodine
04-23-2012, 05:51 PM
The tags win

Giraffes Rule
04-23-2012, 06:37 PM
too late, I have already hatched my plan and presented it to Kahn. He tried to suggest we should go after Earl Boykins in free agency, but I told him no.

You can have James Anderson.

thedfactor
04-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Barea plays his heart out so I can understand him for sure.

Definitely was rough on the Wolves losing Rubio and any chance of making playoffs, but the team shouldn't have slid as bad as they did.

Must be tough for JJ going from a competitor each year to a bottom feeder. He'll get over it once they regroup and retool in the offseason.

Iodine
04-23-2012, 07:07 PM

Definitely was rough on the Wolves losing Rubio and any chance of making playoffs, but the team shouldn't have slid as bad as they did.

Must be tough for JJ going from a competitor each year to a bottom feeder. He'll get over it once they regroup and retool in the offseason.

Yeah it was so tough for him to go to the wolves, thats why he went there as a free agent.

Sota4Ever
04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Get rid of Derrick Williams already.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2012, 08:33 PM

Wolves aren't really a bottom feeder anymore. As I said, they were in position to make the playoffs while Barea was dealing with one of his 30 injuries this year. When Rubio went down, Pek started missing games, Beasley went down, Ridnour went down, and finally Love, you are screwed. Basically, if Barea is one of your 2 most important players, you suck.