PDA

View Full Version : Knicks 6th seed rests on The Bobcats Shoulders.

TheNumber37
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I know this is a topic about the Knick's seeding but I feel like it's an interesting note from the NBA as a whole.

With Orlando losing to Denver tonight, the Knicks are 2 games back of the 6th seed (they own the tie breaker 2-1) and avoiding a first round match up against Miami.
The Knicks have 2 games Left. Home Vs Clippers, Away at Charlotte
The Magic have 2 Games Left. Home Vs Bobcats, Away at Memphis

The Knicks have a tough game with the Clippers and then what should be an easy game in Charlotte.
The Magic have been in a free fall; are they bad enough to lose a home game to the Bobcats. Oh, and Memphis should crush them.

It should be interesting to watch.

felixng2012
04-22-2012, 10:27 PM
No they are not.... They have not been playing poorly enough to lose a game to the Bobcats at home. Unless the Bobcats play amazing basketball and the Magic play very poorly I don't see it. We really blew it by losing what should have been an easy Cavs game. I mean the Bobcats haven't won in a while. The Magic really have to screw things up.

Punk
04-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Not trying to get my hopes up. If Orlando losses, I'd probably do back flips. I have no problem facing Miami or Chicago but Indiana is a team we could dominate and the 2nd round pretty much equals Lin's return hopefully which adds the key depth.

I expect Charlotte to beat Orlando for the entire game and choke in the last minutes and piss me off.

bholly
04-22-2012, 10:30 PM
I know this is a topic about the Knick's seeding but I feel like it's an interesting note from the NBA as a whole.

With Orlando losing to Denver tonight, the Knicks are 2 games back of the 6th seed (they own the tie breaker 2-1) and avoiding a first round match up against Miami.

The Knicks have a tough game with the Clippers and then what should be an easy game in Charlotte.
The Magic have been in a free fall; are they bad enough to lose a home game to the Bobcats. Oh, and Memphis should crush them.

It isn't. Knicks forum.

DragonJaii
04-22-2012, 10:31 PM
no way will orlando lose to bobcats, but even if they do lose to the cats, the unpredictable knicks will probably lose to clippers or bobcats.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:32 PM
if the knicks can lose to the cavs, they can certainly lose to the clippers

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 10:43 PM

Well, that Cavs game was on the road for NYK and it was Amare's first game back, so the Knicks were trying to make adjustments on the fly.

Second, the game against the Clippers will be at MSG, and it will be the 2nd night of a back to back for the Clippers after finishing off a game @ ATL the previous night. That's tough.

TheNumber37
04-22-2012, 10:43 PM
I doubt they the Knicks will lose their final home game, on Wednesday. that's why tyson rested.

meloman1592
04-22-2012, 10:45 PM
The Knicks will wind up playing Miami or Chicago. They blew their chance vs Cleveland. And nobody, I mean NOBODY should have their hopes hanging on the play of the LOLcats

felixng2012
04-22-2012, 10:46 PM
I doubt the Clippers will beat us at home. They face the Hawks on the road right before facing us. They will be tired and we managed to rest Chandler against the Hawks. The only prob is the Magic losing the last two games which I just don't see happening.

JLynn943
04-22-2012, 10:49 PM
The Kings just totally destroyed the Bobcats in Charlotte. If the Magic lose to them, they shouldn't even be allowed in the playoffs.

willabeast77
04-22-2012, 10:50 PM
I doubt the Clippers will beat us at home. They face the Hawks on the road right before facing us. They will be tired and we managed to rest Chandler against the Hawks. The only prob is the Magic losing the last two games which I just don't see happening.

Clippers will beat the Knicks regardless, for sure.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:51 PM
The Knicks will wind up playing Miami or Chicago. They blew their chance vs Cleveland. And nobody, I mean NOBODY should have their hopes hanging on the play of the LOLcats

lol, true. It's looking a lot like heat knicks

NYsFinest
04-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Blew their chance trying to adjust on the fly against the Cavs... I'm ok with them playing Miami, should be a fun series. Too bad Jeremy Lin wont be healthy in time, the PG play is still a glaring Knicks weakness.

homestarunner93
04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=320104018

NYsFinest
04-22-2012, 10:54 PM
I think Knicks Heat will be a much closer series than people think....

NYsFinest
04-22-2012, 10:56 PM

Bobcats should be contracted.... what a disgrace that Anthony Davis will waste his career in that sh#$hole.

AndyfromNeptune
04-22-2012, 11:06 PM
The Bobcats have lost 20 straight..highly unlikely they beat the Magic.

That being said, crazier things have happened..

felixng2012
04-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Clippers will beat the Knicks regardless, for sure.

nope. :rolleyes:

THE MTL
04-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Lol 6th seed rests on the Bobcats shoulders! We might as well not even consider it. Bobcats should be contracted out the league. That team is a disgrace to the NBA

kenzo400
04-22-2012, 11:12 PM

Is there a reason this is on the NBA forum? Take it to the Knicks forum. Nobody cares about this anyway, you're going to get swept first round no matter what.

effen5
04-22-2012, 11:16 PM

:laugh:

Rivera
04-22-2012, 11:17 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=320306030

imagine if the bobcats beat both the magic and heat to close out there season

effen5
04-22-2012, 11:20 PM
If Bobcats beat the Magic again, both Magic and the Bobcats should be removed from the league next year.

Cal827
04-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Yup, I think the Bobcats win out. Then as they are leaving the stadium for the final game this season... they all give MJ (who's would be at the final game) the finger and all simultaneously demand to be traded.

theheatles
04-22-2012, 11:21 PM
i'd really like the bobcats to finish the season on a 23 game losing streak but if they can beat the magic then I'd be good with that

Crackadalic
04-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Knicks forum and if we win the 6th seed I would totally laugh my effin ***** off cause the bobcats just sucks monkey balls

NYsFinest
04-22-2012, 11:22 PM
When your best player is Gerald Henderson... you are ****ed.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 11:24 PM

imagine if the bobcats beat both the magic and heat to close out there season
We dont play the bobcats

When your best player is Gerald Henderson... you are ****ed

Pretty much.

gotoHcarolina52
04-22-2012, 11:28 PM
If the Knicks want to avoid Miami, they better tank, because they're not getting that 6 seed.

NYsFinest
04-22-2012, 11:29 PM
LMAO the Bobcats don't have a player on their roster that averages 6 rebounds per game..... There are 54 players in the NBA that average at least 6rpg

Their high scorer averages 15 ppg... good for 45th in the NBA

Highest PER on the team 15.3.... only one player above the league average of 15...

:laugh:

ManningToTyree
04-22-2012, 11:29 PM
It won't happen. Bobcats just suck way too hard

jimm120
04-22-2012, 11:30 PM
It isn't. Knicks forum.

That's what I thought too at first, but then I started thinking that yeah, the seeding isn't really about the Knicks, but the easter conference playoffs.

Knicks get in at the 6th seed changes a lot of storylines for the playoffs...such as:
-Orlando freefalling into the playoffs without Dwight.
-Knicks going in on a high note.
-Miami with an easier matchup in the first round.
-Possible upset in the first round between Indy and NY (Which wouldn't be the case with Orlando).
-Charlotte WINNING!!!!
-Is Indy scared now or will they go out and play like the 3 seed they are.

So, it does contain a lot of storylines.

jimm120
04-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I think Knicks Heat will be a much closer series than people think....

have you not seen the 3 games this year?

I know, I know. There have been like 4 different Knicks teams this year (starting the year without a competent PG Knicks, Linsanity Knicks, Losing streak to fire Dantoni Knicks, and Woodson Knicks).

...but no matter which "knicks team" faced the heat, the outcome wasn't just the same, but the manner was the same. Heat provided too much offensive firepower for the Knicks to overcome...and it isn't something the Knicks will overcome 4 times in a 7 game series.

jimm120
04-22-2012, 11:34 PM
The Bobcats have lost 20 straight..highly unlikely they beat the Magic.

That being said, crazier things have happened..

You know what would be funny (sad)...

If Orlando losses both games....and the Knicks beat the Clippers...and then lose to the Bobcats. Yeah.

gatkins11
04-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Bobcats should be contracted.... what a disgrace that Anthony Davis will waste his career in that sh#$hole.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

jimbobjarree
04-23-2012, 09:29 AM

:laugh2:

homey 1
knicks fans 0

Cal827
04-23-2012, 09:32 AM
^ It's amazing that they were 2-4 at that point... LOL 5-52 since :facepalm:

Missing56&33
04-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Knicks 6th seed rests on The Bobcats Shoulders

How.???? The Knicks can finish 6th 7th or 8th. Memphis still have to win as well. Philly and LA should just sat back and watch I guess.?

ManningToTyree
04-23-2012, 10:52 AM
:laugh2:

homey 1
knicks fans 0

They have 7 wins and the knicks are playoff bound. Why would we care?

homestarunner93
04-23-2012, 11:04 AM
They have 7 wins and the knicks are playoff bound. Why would we care?

The only difference between losing in the first round and not making the playoffs is a worse draft pick.

uprightciti
04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
the magic will get swept in the playoffs no matter what

and honestly i would rather have the knicks face a tough 1st round and beat a top dog
rather then possibly facing them in the ECF

ManningToTyree
04-23-2012, 11:17 AM
The only difference between losing in the first round and not making the playoffs is a worse draft pick.

Could I borrow your crystal ball? The Knicks don't have a pick anyway.

KingPosey
04-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Not trying to get my hopes up. If Orlando losses, I'd probably do back flips. I have no problem facing Miami or Chicago but Indiana is a team we could dominate and the 2nd round pretty much equals Lin's return hopefully which adds the key depth.

I expect Charlotte to beat Orlando for the entire game and choke in the last minutes and piss me off.

Its such a weird position Im not sure if Lin coming back in the playoffs is a good thing. For whatever reason, Lin, Melo, and Stat just dont play well together. Melo looks awful when Lin is on the floor, and Lin will be rusty and they still havent gelled. Let Lin come off the bench for short minutes imo.

Kashmir13579
04-23-2012, 11:53 AM

Yea what was that all about??

homestarunner93
04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Could I borrow your crystal ball? The Knicks don't have a pick anyway.

Then I guess you guys were screwed from the start.

JordansBulls
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Last thing you need is for Miami to get a free round off by playing Orlando.

NYKnicks4511
04-23-2012, 12:14 PM
lol, true. It's looking a lot like heat knicks

I don't mind a matchup with the Heat, well have to go through you guys eventually. We know that Melo is LeBron's Achilles heel and they are essentially going to be a wash. Bosh vs Amare is always very close, Shumpert played Wade well but Wade will get his obviously. Otherwise at PG it's basically one scrub vs another with Chalmers and Davis. Center is the position where the Knicks truly hold a huge advantage with Chandler over Turiaf/Joel.

I think we could surprise Mia, especially in a best of 5.

mjt20mik
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
ORL is not gonna lose to CHA

Stinkyoutsider
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
It's easy to overlook the Bobcats but they have a reason to play as well and as hard as they can. They don't want to be the worst team in history and Jordan, as we all know, won't tolerate that either. Having the worst record in the league that year is ok for Jordan, but being a part of the best (72 win Bulls) and the worst team would just drive me crazy...

If the Magic can't stop Gerald Henderson and Coah Silas has some urgency and puts his vets in instead of playing the rooks, they might be able to steal one at Orlando...

ManningToTyree
04-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Then I guess you guys were screwed from the start.

:facepalm:

teddygreen17
04-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I love the Knicks..but have no doubts...they will lose to the Clippers

GoPacers33
04-23-2012, 01:41 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: it would be close but dominate i think not

STA_PLAR
04-23-2012, 01:42 PM
The Knicks should wait and see the outcome for CHA and Orlando and if Orlando wins, they should lose both games in hope of playing Chicago. I would rather play the Bulls rather than the Heat. Those two monsters in Miami are ridiculous in the PLAYOFFS, well that is/was until the finals lol.

gotoHcarolina52
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't mind a matchup with the Heat, well have to go through you guys eventually. We know that Melo is LeBron's Achilles heel and they are essentially going to be a wash. Bosh vs Amare is always very close, Shumpert played Wade well but Wade will get his obviously. Otherwise at PG it's basically one scrub vs another with Chalmers and Davis. Center is the position where the Knicks truly hold a huge advantage with Chandler over Turiaf/Joel.

I think we could surprise Mia, especially in a best of 5.

Perhaps, but you're going to have to win 4 games if you want to get past Miami. Good luck.

smith&wesson
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
would love for the knicks to get 6th seed. they would actually have a chance vs the pacers.

also the magic with out howard arent going anywhere.

Raph12
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM
We lost to Washington without Dwight and we gave up a 20 point lead, with Dwight, against the Bobcats; so I wouldn't call any game a "sure thing" yet.

PleaseBeNice
04-23-2012, 02:18 PM
moar knicks threads plzzz

nate2usmc
04-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Perhaps, but you're going to have to win 4 games if you want to get past Miami. Good luck.

Lol yeah. Only Top 4 (in East) team my Knicks have a decent shot of getting past, is Indy and that will be tough. Knicks won't dominate Indy in a win because Indy will be focused unlike that one regular season game.

JordansBulls
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
the magic will get swept in the playoffs no matter what

and honestly i would rather have the knicks face a tough 1st round and beat a top dog
rather then possibly facing them in the ECF

Knicks need to have some playoff success to bring in more fans and money for the franchise. So having an easy 1st round is the best thing for them.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
This.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-23-2012, 02:57 PM
The Knicks are probably the number one team when it comes to fans (If not definitely top 3). The last reason the Knicks need to advance in the playoffs is to bring in more fans. They need to advance because its been a million years.

Master Mind
04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Wait I'm confused. But what if the Knicks lose to the Clippers and the Sixers win out, don't the Sixers move up to 7th? Why isn't that being discussed?...A NY/CHI series is very possible

nate2usmc
04-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Wait I'm confused. But what if the Knicks lose to the Clippers and the Sixers win out, don't the Sixers move up to 7th? Why isn't that being discussed?...A NY/CHI series is very possible

GREAT point!

Captain Moroni
04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
uhhhh we still have to beat the Clippers, so I wouldnt get that excited about the Bobcats Magic game until then. Bring on the Heat anyway...I want a shot to beat the best team in the NBA

Captain Moroni
04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
GREAT point!

Knicks hold the tiebreaker with Philly so Knicks would have to lose twice and philly win twice but it could happen....(See Cleveland game!)

Captain Moroni
04-23-2012, 03:08 PM

Would absolutely love to play the Bulls instead. I was hoping for that series all along.

Captain Moroni
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Knicks need to have some playoff success to bring in more fans and money for the franchise. So having an easy 1st round is the best thing for them.

Bringing in more money for the franchise? More Fans? have you seen how many Knicks fans are on here, Jeremy Lin farts and thirteen threads open up about it. We have well enough fans. We just need a freaking playoff win after 10 years, that would be nice. Bulls please!

RC3
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Only reason why the team lost to the bobcats was because of d'antoni. He can't do anything right and does not prepare for teams. Plus boris abdul jabbar diaw was not missing any shot.

nycsports2
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM

:shrug:

Captain Moroni
04-23-2012, 03:13 PM
The Knicks should wait and see the outcome for CHA and Orlando and if Orlando wins, they should lose both games in hope of playing Chicago. I would rather play the Bulls rather than the Heat. Those two monsters in Miami are ridiculous in the PLAYOFFS, well that is/was until the finals lol.

I agree 100% rest Melo, Baron, and Tyson those lst two games if orlando wins. See what TD, Bibby, Jordan, Jorts, and Dan the New man can do. I'm in

Captain Moroni
04-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Only reason why the team lost to the bobcats was because of d'antoni. He can't do anything right and does not prepare for teams. Plus boris abdul jabbar diaw was not missing any shot.

That game was so frustrating, Diaw looked like Chamberlain

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 03:14 PM

Thats the crazy part, they can either get the 6th or the 8th, or most likely just stay in 7th. I would think philly would want to avoid miami at all costs.

I dont have a lot of faith with philly winning out, they have been pretty inconsistent recently. I think here is a 10% chance NY gets the 6th seed, a 20% chance they get the 8th seed and a 70% chance they stay at 7th seed.

nate2usmc
04-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Knicks hold the tiebreaker with Philly so Knicks would have to lose twice and philly win twice but it could happen....(See Cleveland game!)

Exactly. Knicks will lose against flop city on wednesday tho :sigh:

Bringing in more money for the franchise? More Fans? have you seen how many Knicks fans are on here, Jeremy Lin farts and thirteen threads open up about it. We have well enough fans. We just need a freaking playoff win after 10 years, that would be nice. Bulls please!

Knicks made big money even during the dark ages (2000's). They don't hurt for fans or $$ lol.

2-ONE-5
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Wow did you really suggest the Magic are playing bad enough to lose to the 7 win bobcats? Get real dude

gotoHcarolina52
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM

If the Sixers win out (@NJ, @MIL, @DET), they would only need one Knicks loss in order to clinch the 7th.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
^if the dont have nelson, i can see it being a close game

Master Mind
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Thats the crazy part, they can either get the 6th or the 8th, or most likely just stay in 7th. I would think philly would want to avoid miami at all costs.

I dont have a lot of faith with philly winning out, they have been pretty inconsistent recently. I think here is a 10% chance NY gets the 6th seed, a 20% chance they get the 8th seed and a 70% chance they stay at 7th seed.

Yeah they've epitomized inconsistency this season

ChaseHamels
04-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Sixers play CHI/MIA...sweep sweep
Knicks play CHI/MIA...sweep sweep

blah blah blah

Evolution23
04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Hope Knicks get Miami. Should be a great series, anything can happen.

NYKnicks4511
04-23-2012, 05:30 PM

This post-420 haze has got me thinking it's '03.... Nonetheless, I got faith in my squad.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Hope Knicks get Miami. Should be a great series, anything can happen.

You will get your wish

billsftw
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
god i hope the knicks do get the 7th seed...
bring them on.

Dankster
04-23-2012, 06:17 PM

Absolutely fantastic analysis on your part that completely holds a lot of merit considering it was pretty much the first week of the season and the Knicks team had 9 new players on the roster.

I have an awesome game link as well that you'd probably enjoy:

Oh P.S. that was with the mighty Howard playing!

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
god i hope the knicks do get the 7th seed...
bring them on.
I already got one knicks fan that sig bet me, he;s gonna be wearing a sig of my choice for 2 weeks after they lose :cool:

RonE Coleman
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Wow did you really suggest the Magic are playing bad enough to lose to the 7 win bobcats? Get real dude

typical sixers fan :facepalm:
you do realize the magic just lost jameer and he might not play against the bobcats right? and the bobcats are getting back augistin tonight... why don't you GET REAL, it definitely is possible

2-ONE-5
04-23-2012, 06:40 PM
whats a typical sixers fan? cant be worse then the typical NYK fan thats for sure. Jameer MIGHT be out is not out. Next time maybe wait to see if hes actually going to be out or IF that game will even matter

lvlheaded
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM
The Magic are NOT going to lose to Charlotte. That team is so god awful.

The Knicks will play Miami in round one. It will be interesting to watch

jimm120
04-23-2012, 06:43 PM
No Dwight....Dwight is what makes that team a winning team.
No Hedo....He is the do-it-all that's supposed to be a 3rd option but is the magic 2nd option.
No Nelson........yeah....

So, its up to Ryan Anderson pretty much to win these games. lets see.

I hope we (knicks) get the 6th seed, but you never know. Plus, I still give credit to Indy. They ARE the #3 seed. They'll be tough no matter what, even if we dominated them in all THREE games we played them in.

Deemerc
04-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Does it matter what seed the Knicks get. They are the best no matter what seed. Now they jus gotta prove it...... Which they won't and we will have a hundred threads why the Knicks got swept.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Good point

RonE Coleman
04-23-2012, 06:57 PM
whats a typical sixers fan? cant be worse then the typical NYK fan thats for sure. Jameer MIGHT be out is not out. Next time maybe wait to see if hes actually going to be out or IF that game will even matter

Niether the magic or knicks play till wednesday so obviously that game will matter. shows how much you know... and to say the bobcats can't win when they ALREADY BEAT THE MAGIC BY 16 WITH DWIGHT IS JUST AN ASININE STATEMENT TO MAKE... is it likely? NO, but is it possible YES

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Niether the magic or knicks play till wednesday so obviously that game will matter. shows how much you know... and to say the bobcats can't win when they ALREADY BEAT THE MAGIC BY 16 WITH DWIGHT IS JUST AN ASININE STATEMENT TO MAKE... is it likely? NO, but is it possible YES

did they really?

Master Mind
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Does it matter what seed the Knicks get. They are the best no matter what seed. Now they jus gotta prove it...... Which they won't and we will have a hundred threads why the Knicks got swept.

:confused:

RonE Coleman
04-23-2012, 07:07 PM
did they really?

Yes on March 6th

rhymeratic
04-23-2012, 07:12 PM
If Orlando loses to the Bobcats... the NBA should fold the franchise. PERIOD!
It's highly possible for it to happen too.

Punk
04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
did they really?
I believe the Magic were up 20 in the quarter and lost by 17.

Like Is said before, If the Magic lose, great but I am not thinking they will. I won't be surprised if they do lose. This season has been weird.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
If Orlando loses to the Bobcats... the NBA should fold the franchise. PERIOD!
It's highly possible for it to happen too.

pretty sure the knicks lost to the bobcats this year

Punk
04-23-2012, 07:21 PM
pretty sure the knicks lost to the bobcats this year

Exactly. I don't get posts like that.

We'd be a 3rd seed if It wasn't for losses to Charlotte, Cleveland, Toronto earlier in the season.

I wish fans would humble themselves.

beasted86
04-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Knicks fans will be Knicks fans. They will claim their team can upset anyone and will dominate in the playoffs even though the team has been over .500 for like 5 minutes of the season. You have to admire their blind optimism.

RonE Coleman
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Knicks fans will be Knicks fans. They will claim their team can upset anyone and will dominate in the playoffs even though the team has been over .500 for like 5 minutes of the season. You have to admire their blind optimism.

So says the bandwagon heat fan

gotoHcarolina52
04-23-2012, 07:45 PM

Let them have some fun.

Their favorite team hasn't won a single playoff game in 10 years, 11 months, and 26 days (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200104290TOR.html).

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 07:46 PM

:facepalm: Nothing more ignorant than assuming when someone became a fan based off their join date.

Becks2307
04-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Let them have some fun.

Their favorite team hasn't won a single playoff game in 10 years, 11 months, and 26 days (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200104290TOR.html).

yet we couldn't love them more!

go Knicks

Frankly at this point I don't care too much who we play, we are healthy for the most part and everyone seems ready for the playoffs.

beasted86
04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
You hurted my feelings. :(

Let them have some fun.

Oh, I know. But it's just some things never change.

RonE Coleman
04-23-2012, 07:51 PM
:facepalm: Nothing more ignorant than assuming when someone became a fan based off their join date.

Lets be real... at least half the heat fans are bandwagon fans who never watched until lebron came along. Just like how when the Knicks play in Miami they have half the place filled w knick fans

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 07:51 PM
cant wait for this first round matchup. Heat players will be fully focused and ready for NY.

Knowing that the knicks would rather play chicago over Miami, i think there is some doubt in their heads(jus my opinion)

Lets be real... at least half the heat fans are bandwagon fans who never watched until lebron came along. Just like how when the Knicks play in Miami they have half the place filled w knick fans

sure there are some heat bandwagoners, every good team has them, im sure some melo homers came over with melo...

A lot of people in miami are from ny, i personally sold my seats last year to some new yorkers and made 1,500 a seat. Anyways, looking forward to this matchup, heat in 5, 6 if your chuckers get hot;)

RonE Coleman
04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
cant wait for this first round matchup. Heat players will be fully focused and ready for NY.

Knowing that the knicks would rather play chicago over Miami, i think there is some doubt in their heads(jus my opinion)

sure there are some heat bandwagoners, every good team has them, im sure some melo homers came over with melo...

A lot of people in miami are from ny, i personally sold my seats last year to some new yorkers and made 1,500 a seat. Anyways, looking forward to this matchup, heat in 5, 6 if your chuckers get hot;)

and who would our "checkers" be? Only chucker on the team is JR and he needs to be a chucker at times

JordansBulls
04-23-2012, 08:02 PM

I'm not talking about more fans on the forum, I'm talking in general with how much they spend money wise.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm not talking about more fans on the forum, I'm talking in general with how much they spend money wise.
How much do they spend? How much do they make?

NYMetropolitans
04-23-2012, 08:30 PM
I'll save this argument right now...the Knicks will lose to the Clippers and the Magic will certainly win vs. the Bobcats. Conversation over.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 08:35 PM
michael wilbon said it best in his chat today

michael (leadville)

Does putting on a New York Knicks jersey automatically make one a future hall-of-famer in the eyes of Knicks fans?
mike wilbon (1:49 PM)

Ha. Yes. Most delusional fan base in professional sports in America...And I'm not insulting their intelligence. You sit with Knicks fans and watch other games...New York basketball fans know their stuff...just can't be trusted evaluating the Knicks. People think I hate the Knicks. No, I like laughing at fans who one minute want to run Carmelo Anthony out of town to turn over the team to Jeremy Lin, then want to punch you if you don't say Carmelo is the MVP...The Knicks, by the way, are an easy team to root for if you're just talking about the guys. Carmelo, Amare, Jared jeffries, the kid from Stanford (who needs to play a helluva lot more), Tyson Chandler. I've known all these guys since they were either in college or rookies...Damn good guys, all of them. And they are capable some nights of being a pretty darn good team...But their fans? They set the standard for delusional...

NYMetropolitans
04-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Classic example of a bandwagon fan. The last Knick 8th seed team beat the Heat and went to the Finals. The last 8th seed in the NBA beat a #1 seed and dominated the Thunder into a 7 game series...Which was last year.

If It happened before, how is it blind optimism? You continue to prove how much of a moron you are.

Take away 5 or 6 losses from earlier in the season due to injuries and the team would be 40-26 which is 3rd in the East. Would you take us seriously then? Since records is all that matters to you?

You don't look at a team by their standings or record. You look at them in the win column in their conference. They're defensive ranks, offensive ranks. Which is exactly why the #1 seed Spurs last season lost to the defensive 8th seed Grizzlies.

Nobody is saying the Knicks will beat the Heat but treating them like the Bobcats is unacceptable and simply stupid.

Dominated the Thunder into a 7 game series? :confused:

Anyways I agree you can't treat the Knicks like they are an 7th or 8th seed right now if you anything about how the Knicks have been playing as of late (with the exception of the CLE loss which I attribute to STAT's first game back)...it will very interesting to see how STAT and Chandler work together on Wed vs. the Clippers.

NYMetropolitans
04-23-2012, 08:43 PM

and you're gonna listen to that hack? He is known Knick hater and Bulls *** kisser and knows nothing about Knicks basketball. As far as us wanting to get rid of Melo could you blame us until he went on his most recent tear? Yea yea talk about how you saw it coming like you have a crystal ball. My ***....what I saw was Lin taking this team from being a huge disappointment to being fun and a playoff contender which Melo was NOT doing under Mike D'Antoni's tenure when he basically quit on the team/was dealing with nagging injuries. Melo is still not out of my dog house as far as I'm concerned until he keeps playing up to this level on a consistent basis...because this is what we wanted in Melo ever since he got here.

and yea we really want to kick you when you say Carmelo is the MVP, please...it seems he is the one who is delusional because any self-respecting fan with knowledge of the NBA knows that Melo is NOT even close to being the MVP this year.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
and you're gonna listen to that hack? He is known Knick hater and Bulls *** kisser and knows nothing about Knicks basketball. As far as us wanting to get rid of Melo could you blame us until he went on his most recent tear? Yea yea talk about how you saw it coming like you have a crystal ball. My ***....what I saw was Lin taking this team from being a huge disappointment to being fun and a playoff contender which Melo was NOT doing under Mike D'Antoni's tenure when he basically quit on the team/was dealing with nagging injuries. Melo is still not out of my dog house as far as I'm concerned until he keeps playing up to this level on a consistent basis...because this is what we wanted in Melo ever since he got here.

and yea we really want to kick you when you say Carmelo is the MVP, please...it seems he is the one who is delusional because any self-respecting fan with knowledge of the NBA knows that Melo is NOT even close to being the MVP this year.

I do agree with him that most knicks fans are delusional.

You seem like one of the more logical posters on here.

NYMetropolitans
04-23-2012, 09:02 PM
I do agree with him that most knicks fans are delusional.

You seem like one of the more logical posters on here.

I appreciate it and yes believe me I see a bunch of delusional things going on in the Knicks forum lol, which is why I rarely even post in my own teams forum.

Becks2307
04-23-2012, 09:18 PM

lol mike wilbon is an idiot

saying that landry fields (the kid from stanford) needs to play more?

that proves he knows nothing about the knicks at all.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:19 PM
For the record.. Not all Knick Fans wanted Melo gone.. THe ones with COmmon sense and a decent basketball IQ knew all along that D'Antoni was the one undermining our Superstar.. Just go take a look at the Knick forum.. There are threads discussing this at length..

The people who Love Lin are the same people who despise Melo for the way he got to NY.. They feel that Melo/Bron/Howard are all that is wrong with sports.. They dont like the "entitlement".

The Knicks will go as far as Melo and Amare will take them.. Thank God Woody Knows this..

NYMetropolitans
04-23-2012, 09:23 PM
For the record.. Not all Knick Fans wanted Melo gone.. THe ones with COmmon sense and a decent basketball IQ knew all along that D'Antoni was the one undermining our Superstar.. Just go take a look at the Knick forum.. There are threads discussing this at length..

The people who Love Lin are the same people who despise Melo for the way he got to NY.. They feel that Melo/Bron/Howard are all that is wrong with sports.. They dont like the "entitlement".

The Knicks will go as far as Melo and Amare will take them.. Thank God Woody Knows this..

Yes, and what evidence was there to say that Melo would do that in New York prior to D'Antoni being fired? How did you know it would just switch on a dime when Woodson took over as the INTERM coach (usually interm coaches have a really hard getting teams to adjust to their philosophies and schemes in such a short time, take a look at the records of teams after interm coaches take over)? I certainly didn't know it. Hey, but I'm thankful it has changed up to this point, but now the first big test in the playoffs is here...let's see if Melo answers the call.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes, and what evidence was there to say that Melo would do that in New York prior to D'Antoni being fired? How did you know it would just switch on a dime when Woodson took over as the INTERM coach (usually interm coaches have a really hard getting teams to adjust to their philosophies and schemes in such a short time, take a look at the records of teams after interm coaches take over)? I certainly didn't know it. Hey, but I'm thankful it has changed up to this point, but now the first big test in the playoffs is here...let's see if Melo answers the call.

Thats because you probably did not know how good of a player Carmelo Anthony is.. Anybody who knows how good that guy is knows. That if u give him the ball in his spots he will Produce.. He has a mismatch damn near every night.. And thats at the 3 or at the 4..

He is quicker than most 4's and stronger than most 3's.. I have always known.. Check my posts in the Knicks forum... Melo and Amar'e are the key.. If they play well.. I like our chances against ANYBODY.. I think all the pieces are there..

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 09:31 PM
while stats was out the past month, melo shot 50%, the last 2 games stat is back, melo shot 40%...could mean nothing, could mean something:eyebrow:

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:36 PM
while stats was out the past month, melo shot 50%, the last 2 games stat is back, melo shot 40%...could mean nothing, could mean something:eyebrow:

You are smart enough to know that u can use stats to make a case for any point you are trying to drive home...

Carmelo sat out the entire 4th quarter against Cleveland.. In ATL he started off missing 2 easy layups.. Had nothing to do with Stat.. And still finished the game with 39.. Could have had 45 if the refs would have blown a whistle in the fourth..

Honestly.. As a Knick fan.. And a basketball fan.. The PG position will be more important for the Knicks than anything.. Baron Davis had a double double in ATL.. If we can get that type of production from him we will be in good shape... I know what I will get from my Stars... PG play and Defense will determine how far these guys will go.. If they are going to go anywhere..

Amar'e defense is Putrid.. He will either have to get better.. Or Tyson will have to erase a good amount of his mistakes..

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 09:41 PM
You are smart enough to know that u can use stats to make a case for any point you are trying to drive home...

Carmelo sat out the entire 4th quarter against Cleveland.. In ATL he started off missing 2 easy layups.. Had nothing to do with Stat.. And still finished the game with 39.. Could have had 45 if the refs would have blown a whistle in the fourth..

Honestly.. As a Knick fan.. And a basketball fan.. The PG position will be more important for the Knicks than anything.. Baron Davis had a double double in ATL.. If we can get that type of production from him we will be in good shape... I know what I will get from my Stars... PG play and Defense will determine how far these guys will go.. If they are going to go anywhere..

Amar'e defense is Putrid.. He will either have to get better.. Or Tyson will have to erase a good amount of his mistakes..

fair enough, but i do not expect melo to continue shooting 50% with amare and chandler out there.

Also, there is a big difference between the hawks defense and miaim's D....should be a very entertaining series.

EnWhyKay
04-23-2012, 09:49 PM
fair enough, but i do not expect melo to continue shooting 50% with amare and chandler out there.

Also, there is a big difference between the hawks defense and miaim's D....should be a very entertaining series.

Agreed... This series will come down to coaching and execution.. Its going to be a goody.. I like our chances..

NYMetropolitans
04-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Thats because you probably did not know how good of a player Carmelo Anthony is.. Anybody who knows how good that guy is knows. That if u give him the ball in his spots he will Produce.. He has a mismatch damn near every night.. And thats at the 3 or at the 4..

He is quicker than most 4's and stronger than most 3's.. I have always known.. Check my posts in the Knicks forum... Melo and Amar'e are the key.. If they play well.. I like our chances against ANYBODY.. I think all the pieces are there..

To be honest nope not really I didn't follow Western Conference basketball much less the Nuggets so I didn't really know much about Melo besides the SportsCenter highlights...I knew that he had a great midrange game (which he didn't show me), could drive to the basket and finish while taking contact (didn't show), and had a decent 3 point shot (didn't show)...so understand why I was so skeptical of him early on and even now as he still has to prove his worth to NY.

Mind you I come from a place (New York Mets fanhood) where big acquisitions usual go really sour, really quick. Only been a legit Knicks fan since the early 00s since I was born in '91. In all that time I can say besides us making it to the playoffs in '04 I believe vs. the Nets I have not been more excited as a Knicks fan (an on court reason, not news reason) than when Lin started tearing it up. It was like all my wishes come true and then some. Things have most certainly changed since then and I'm thankful that Melo has picked it up and hopefully all that stuff of the D'Antoni era can be left behind.

In regards to this year I think we can scrap a game or two out of a seven game series if we face the Heat but I don't think we advance. We're still a few pieces away in my mind.

Evolution23
04-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Agreed... This series will come down to coaching and execution.. Its going to be a goody.. I like our chances..

If the games comes down to coaching and 4th quarter execution I know the Knicks got the advantage there.

Jayrich28
04-23-2012, 11:52 PM
What r the knicks going to do play for the 6th seed or tank for 8th ...i hear philly likes the 8th seed looks like u guys may be stuck in 7th

ryang
04-24-2012, 12:15 AM
I dont understand this thread.. Since when was it a gurantee the knicks would win 2 in a row???:shrug:

gotoHcarolina52
04-24-2012, 12:29 AM
What r the knicks going to do play for the 6th seed or tank for 8th ...i hear philly likes the 8th seed looks like u guys may be stuck in 7th

:pray: I hope that's the case. HEAT-Knicks would be a great series even though it likely wont last all that long.

KnicksPain
04-24-2012, 12:49 AM
I dont understand this thread.. Since when was it a gurantee the knicks would win 2 in a row???:shrug:

Lol shhhhh

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 12:50 AM

lol

OldSchool
04-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Im so pumped for this series against the Heat... Its looking A LOT like '99 again!

Jayrich28
04-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Im so pumped for this series against the Heat... Its looking A LOT like '99 again!

Great let me go get my sprewell jersey and my bone thugs n harmony cassette tape:cool:

ryang
04-24-2012, 01:10 AM
i wish we had Lebron and wade in 99..

Becks2307
04-24-2012, 01:15 AM
i wish we had Lebron and wade in 99..

Sprewell and houston would destroy a 14 year old lebron and a 17 year old wade in 99
LOL jk

Dankster
04-24-2012, 03:02 AM

Sorry man but you really must not know Carmelo Anthony's game. Going from an uptempo system like Mike D's where the ball is in the PG's hand primarily and the wing players are out by the 3 point line, well that's not the type of system where Carmelo operates/thrives in. He loves hanging down on the block/elbow with his back to the basket and the ball moving through him.

There wasn't a need for a long adjustment to understand Mike Woodson's philosophy or schemes on the offensive end. As much as I like Woody, I'll say he's not really an X's and O's type coach--basically the dude plays a pretty simple offense with a lot of isolation sets, something that Carmelo has been very good at since coming into the league.

aztr0
04-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Knowing the Knicks, they play down to their competition. Even without Diaw on the Bobcats anymore, I feel they'll have a rough time with them.

beasted86
04-24-2012, 11:30 AM
:laugh2: whats their recors vs eastern playoff teams?

11-12.

Anyone can upset anyone, but this isn't a #2 seed beating a #1 seed.

If I gave you those statistics regardless of who was playing, knowing the respective home court records for the top 2 teams in the East... 28-5 for Miami, 25-7 for Chicago. I don't care who the 7th or 8th seed is.

These delusional fans think their team subscribes to some special rules or regulations as soon as whatever scenario falls towards a team with the name "Knicks". If it was Philly, I wouldn't like their chances with those stats, if it was Orlando, I wouldn't like their chances with those stats, and just the same, the Knicks chances do not look good with those stats.

Also a key difference here is Knicks fans don't seem to want to agree that it would be a "monumental upset for the ages" if their team beat Miami or Chicago in the first round. Instead they think it's a "very possible" outcome. THAT right there is what's so delusional about this discussion.

NYMetropolitans
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Sorry man but you really must not know Carmelo Anthony's game. Going from an uptempo system like Mike D's where the ball is in the PG's hand primarily and the wing players are out by the 3 point line, well that's not the type of system where Carmelo operates/thrives in. He loves hanging down on the block/elbow with his back to the basket and the ball moving through him.

There wasn't a need for a long adjustment to understand Mike Woodson's philosophy or schemes on the offensive end. As much as I like Woody, I'll say he's not really an X's and O's type coach--basically the dude plays a pretty simple offense with a lot of isolation sets, something that Carmelo has been very good at since coming into the league.

Did that stop Carmelo from playing defense too?

Jeez one minute there are NY Post reports that Melo wants out (which I don't know if they were true or not because the NY Post stinks) and has quit on the coach then the next he is next coming of Jesus in NYC. Believe me I've been happy with what he's being doing the last MONTH (keyword MONTH) but he still has a boatload left to prove.

torocan
04-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Clippers are tough.
Bobcats are awful.

It's the NBA, so anything is possible, but I wouldn't bet that the Magic lose 2 AND the Knicks win 2 with that schedule.

7th seed is most likely unless Woodson decides to sit the starters to rest them and see if he can coast into 8th if the Clippers game gets away or the Magic beat the Bobcats.

Either way, the playoff matchups still look quite fluid. Got to be thinking that the Miami/Chicago coaches are rooting for the Knicks to pull into 6th.

I still don't see it as likely that the Knicks knock out Chicago/Miami in a 1st round match up, however in a playoff series anything can happen so should be pretty interesting either way.

nate2usmc
04-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah Knicks are gonna get swept by either Miami or Boston UNLESS Amare, Baron and the bench ball out on both sides. Yea..not holdin my breath

Weezy
04-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I have no clue what will happen this years in playoffs....I think it will be an exciting series if it is Knicks vs Heat.

nate2usmc
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Knicks-Heat would be the most exciting playoff opener. The Knicks fates will be the defense of Amare and consistency from Baron and the bench! It will range from Miami sweping the Knicks to Miami getting taken to 6 games.

Knicks are just now getting to the playoffs again. We have ZERO room to talk trash to fans of consistent contenders.

nate2usmc
04-24-2012, 03:16 PM
I have no clue what will happen this years in playoffs....I think it will be an exciting series if it is Knicks vs Heat.

Yezzir!

torocan
04-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah Knicks are gonna get swept by either Miami or Boston UNLESS Amare, Baron and the bench ball out on both sides. Yea..not holdin my breath

I definitely wouldn't bet on a Sweep. Knicks D has just improved way too much.

I see the Knicks most likely taking 2 games, with 1 and 3 being at the fringe, and winning the series being an outlier unless there's some injuries on Miami/Chicago.

That said, uphill battle at best against both of those teams.

nate2usmc
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM

I see the Knicks most likely taking 2 games, with 1 and 3 being at the fringe, and winning the series being an outlier unless there's some injuries on Miami/Chicago.

Agreed.

Weezy
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM

We are completely unpredictable... we seriously don't know how many games we will win but that is what makes it exciting for this series to happen IMO.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Bobcats are due!!!

Shmontaine
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Bulls (48-16) -- top two-seed clinched
Heat (46-18) -- top two-seed clinched; Miami owns tiebreaker over Chicago
Pacers (42-23) -- seed clinched
Celtics (37-27) -- seed clinched, as Atlantic Division winner
Hawks (38-26) -- seed clinched, owning tiebreaker over Orlando
Magic (34-28) -- owns tiebreaker over Philly, cannot be the eight-seed
Knicks (32-30) -- bottom three-seed clinched; owns tiebreakers against Orlando and Philly
76ers (32-30) -- bottom two-seed clinched

The only scenario in which the Bulls lose the top seed is where: (a) the Bulls lose both of their remaining games; and (b) the Heat win both of their remaining games.

The only scenario in which the Sixers don't end up the eight-seed is where: (a) Philly splits their final two games and New York loses both games; or (b) Philly wins both games and New York only wins one. Seeing as the Sixers only have the Bucks and Pistons left on the schedule, while the Knicks have the Clippers and Bobcats, makes the possibility a bit more feasible; but Philly's final two games are on the road, as have their last three, making it the tail-end of a road trip. And the Knicks have their tough game -- against the Clippers -- in New York, at least.

The only scenario where the Bulls get the Magic in the first round is where: (a) Chicago loses the top seed to Miami; (b) New York wins both remaining games; and (c) Orlando loses both remaining games.

nothing in clinched for the knicks yet.

Jarvo
04-24-2012, 06:51 PM
I can see the Magic lose to the bobcats :hide: