PDA

View Full Version : Metta World Peace's Elbow on James Harden

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
So how many games does everyone think he's getting here?

first round of the playoffs, tho 10 games wouldnt surprise me.

tredigs
Nope, not excusing Ron Ron. What he did was wrong.

I'm not absolving him of anything.

But what I am pointing out is Harden being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yeah, God forbid James Harden does not jump out of the way of a screaming/flailing animal after he scores 2 points in the middle of a game. It's like Harden thought he was in a basketball game and had no reason to think he would get elbowed to his temple if he did not scurry away???

So how many games does everyone think he's getting here?

I hope there's a strong push for a life ban, but I believe it will be 10.

ABOMB_56
Right. Good point. But nothing happened on that, even though it was a totally premeditated and unnecessary cheap shot in an all star game resulting in a broken nose.

Ditto for Blake absolutely CREAMING Gasol and elbowing his face on dunks, not once, but twice, and pushing him completely across the floor and victory dancing afterward. And then the foul is on Gasol.

Ok, fine. That's all fine. Actually, if you want it like that, it suits the Lakers fine. But don't start whining when Artest puts a little smack down Harden Karzsai there.

right? Ok it's a foul. Ejection. Great flop by Harden and he got a thin skull, so, add a two game suspension.

U mad?

I honestly can't even take you serious right now. I really hope this is a trolling attempt. How can you save a chasedown wrap/block attempt to stop a dunk was premeditated? And how exactly is it a cheap shot? I mean, he committed a hard, but within the rule book foul to stop an easy dunk.
Please, find me a section in the NBA rules where it says swinging a high elbow around another individual's head is part of the game of basketball... I'm waiting

QueensG
That elbow was almost as bad as the one Blake Griffin gave gasol when he blatantly elbowed his Nick head and temple then dunked and wasn't called for anything and was not suspended...NBA refs can suck a dick

Thaaaat wasn't intentional. He was trying to score and wasn't attempting to level Gasol. This is COMPLETELY different

man please...that **** was intentional..I don't care if he was in dunking motion..he used his off hand and leveled gasol and wasn't even called for an offensive foul..Blake..nbas *****..once again..NBA refs can suck long one

PlayDPlease
Nope, not excusing Ron Ron. What he did was wrong.

I'm not absolving him of anything.

But what I am pointing out is Harden being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That stupid rape victim should know better!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
Ok wrong place wrong time yes, but he wasn't trying to get hit with the elbow.

Of course not, but there's something called court recognition and opposing player scouting report (game wise and personality wise). Harden can jabber all he wants with Kobe. But you don't **** with Ron Artest, unless you want to have your career ended.

NYtilIdie
How do people say Harden got in the way of Artest celebrating? You can clearly see from the jackasses sig above me that Artest ran into Harden and took a swing at him.

There's no way you run into somebody and don't feel the contact.

Anybody who says Harden was "trolling" is a ***king Los Angeles moron (because they're the only ones who say its Harden's "fault")

J4KOP99
That's a classic, "goodnight and good luck"

--I think Ron gets 4 or 5 games. Playoff games are worth a lot more than regular season games.

PlayDPlease
04-22-2012, 10:27 PM
first round of the playoffs, tho 10 games wouldnt surprise me.

I would suspend him for the season and force the Player's Association to re-petition for entry and keep it in court for as long as possible.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 10:28 PM
there are so many horrific examples i can give of people being in the wrong place at the wrong time, there is no justification for it. What haden did happens hundreds of times during a game, no one is as ****ing stupid and dirty as artest is tho.

when i saw it live, it looked like an accident, after my first replay it was so obvious.

As I said, what Artest did was beyond inexcusable.

I feel bad for James Harden the person, but James Harden the player (elbow or no elbow) had something coming to him in some way or some form by any player on the court. Just my feeling on that.

NYtilIdie
04-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Of course not, but there's something called court recognition and opposing player scouting report (game wise and personality wise). Harden can jabber all he wants with Kobe. But you don't **** with Ron Artest, unless you want to have your career ended.

No, you shouldn't have to since Metta is a "changed man". Hop off his dick already and admit he's at fault.

PlayDPlease
04-22-2012, 10:30 PM

And you seem happy about it? I just don't get it.

Laker fans happy that guys like Bynum, Odom, and Metta are clothes lining other players?

Damn, d-bags.

Yankees1115
04-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Lmao at explaining that you got elbowed by a dude named World Peace.

NYtilIdie
04-22-2012, 10:31 PM

I feel bad for James Harden the person, but James Harden the player (elbow or no elbow) had something coming to him in some way or some form by any player on the court. Just my feeling on that.

Well, ***k you and your feeling because its wrong no matter how you put it.

Sssmush
04-22-2012, 10:31 PM
What I believe this neanderthal is trying to say is that you should not feed the animals.

What I'M saying is that this animal needs to be put back in his cage.

On a side note, do you think there are dogs smarter than Ron Artest? I'm being serious.

yeah, wow, you're just so above everything, so sophisticated I guess.

But you're still buying tickets and watching the games, and you know that Artest adds crucial entertainment value to the league, and in fact Artest today probably just punched the Lakers ticket to the Finals for the big show. You know you want Artest in that Finals, deep downside in places you don't talk about at cocktail parties you know you NEED Artest in that Finals!

Regarding dogs... let's just say that a dog would have more sense than Harden right there, a dog wouldn't do what Harden did.

Unless it was some silly dog that thought Artest was playing nice. Or like a Victor Ortiz dog that thought Floyd Mayweather is his buddy or something.

Artest is a possible hall of famer. Harden will probably be on Golden State next year, smoking weed with Lamar Odom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iOpUdsMeqM

PlayDPlease
04-22-2012, 10:32 PM

So a shot to the temple which may kill a man is OK?

"That **** had it coming!"

LOL, you should be banned for shear stupidity.

QueensG
04-22-2012, 10:32 PM
artest gave him the Blake Griffin elbow..but ofcourse Blake's elbow was "unintentional"..smh

tredigs
04-22-2012, 10:33 PM
And you seem happy about it? I just don't get it.

Laker fans happy that guys like Bynum, Odom, and Metta are clothes lining other players?

Damn, d-bags.

Agreed - This core of fans who are willing to blindly back these players (who obviously could give a **** about them if they ever knew them) just confuse the hell out of me. I would want Artest off my team and never disgracing their colors again.

DragonJaii
04-22-2012, 10:33 PM
lol bynum and artest.

PlayDPlease
04-22-2012, 10:34 PM
yeah, wow, you're just so above everything, so sophisticated i guess.

But you're still buying tickets and watching the games, and you know that artest adds crucial entertainment value to the league, and in fact artest today probably just punched the lakers ticket to the finals for the big show. You know you want artest in that finals, deep downside in places you don't talk about at cocktail parties you know you need artest in that finals!

Regarding dogs... Let's just say that a dog would have more sense than harden right there, a dog wouldn't do what harden did.

Unless it was some silly dog that thought artest was playing nice. Or like a victor ortiz dog that thought floyd mayweather is his buddy or something.

artest is a possible hall of famer. harden will probably be on golden state next year, smoking weed with lamar odom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iopudsmeqm

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JC_
Harden is trying to be slick about it, but honestly you can clearly see what he's doing. It's unfortunate that Ron made this mistake, but it's clear why it happened. Ron just went a bit too hard on Harden. What, do you expect to see Harden physically push Artest around the court?

It is clear why it happend. It happend because Ron is a dumbass. If he had a problem with Harden being in his space there are tons of things he could have done. An elbow to the face is one of the worst things to do. Do what Wade did and give him a nice hard shove and it would have sent a message and without possibly screwing over your team by getting suspended for the playoffs.

RapOZo
It was a dirty play
it deserves multiple games suspensions
Metta hasn't really changed.
and it is not an excuse But Harden, and mostly Perkins love to get in players path during off plays, just to provoke.
and here Harden clearly took 6 steps to his Left towards MWP after the dunk just to mess with his gorilla celebration, he knew that would piss him off, He meant to irritate him and get to his head, I guess he didn't see it coming back so strong at him.
he was not trying to get the inbound pass, westbrook was playing the PG and was clearly open, also you can see his intention on bumping him afterwards when Harden gets both his arms to the chest to hold the bump, again, it was dirty, But harden aim for this., He just got it a little stronger than what he looked for.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Well, these personal attacks at me are great. Thanks little children. :eyebrow:

Anyways, what's done is done, hope James Harden makes a speedy recovery and hope Metta World War is truly remorseful for his despicable actions and the league suspends him to the extent that he truly deserves.

I'm out.

PlayDPlease
04-22-2012, 10:35 PM
You know who deserved a sharp elbow to the head from a 350 lb weight lifter at full force .... Metta World Peace.

Sssmush
04-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I honestly can't even take you serious right now. I really hope this is a trolling attempt. How can you save a chasedown wrap/block attempt to stop a dunk was premeditated? And how exactly is it a cheap shot? I mean, he committed a hard, but within the rule book foul to stop an easy dunk.
Please, find me a section in the NBA rules where it says swinging a high elbow around another individual's head is part of the game of basketball... I'm waiting

Wade wasn't even going for the ball, man, he just straight up hit Kobe right on his nose, hard enough to break it, and in a friendly all star game too

PlayDPlease
04-22-2012, 10:37 PM
It is clear why it happend. It happend because Ron is a dumbass. If he had a problem with Harden being in his space there are tons of things he could have done. An elbow to the face is one of the worst things to do. Do what Wade did and give him a nice hard shove and it would have sent a message and without possibly screwing over your team by getting suspended for the playoffs.

No, it happened because Ron Artest is a violent lunatic who would be in Sing Sing Prison raping other men if not for the millions he makes in basketball.

QueensG
04-22-2012, 10:38 PM
yeah, wow, you're just so above everything, so sophisticated i guess.

But you're still buying tickets and watching the games, and you know that artest adds crucial entertainment value to the league, and in fact artest today probably just punched the lakers ticket to the finals for the big show. You know you want artest in that finals, deep downside in places you don't talk about at cocktail parties you know you need artest in that finals!

Regarding dogs... Let's just say that a dog would have more sense than harden right there, a dog wouldn't do what harden did.

Unless it was some silly dog that thought artest was playing nice. Or like a victor ortiz dog that thought floyd mayweather is his buddy or something.

artest is a possible hall of famer. harden will probably be on golden state next year, smoking weed with lamar odom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iopudsmeqm

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmaooooo did this Guy just say that? hall of fame? maybe hall of lames next to scalbrine, toney douglas, Luke Walton, Adam morrison etc

PlayDPlease
04-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Wade wasn't even going for the ball, man, he just straight up hit Kobe right on his nose, hard enough to break it, and in a friendly all star game too

Wade is also a D-Bag.

Just not a violent lunatic like Metta.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:40 PM
someone just call artest hall of famer? pass me that ****

TheWhiteMamba
Metta should get a 10 game suspension.

PlayDPlease
lmaooooo did this Guy just say that? hall of fame? maybe hall of lames next to scalbrine, toney douglas, Luke Walton, Adam morrison etc

Ron Artest, hall of fame. Funny stuff.

QueensG
04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
metta world wars diserves a couple elbows from ludacris..the man can throw them bo's

PlayDPlease
04-22-2012, 10:42 PM
someone just call artest hall of famer? pass me that ****

Must be angel dust.

SSSSSSSSmushhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is on PCP!

Young2Kinsler
04-22-2012, 10:42 PM
The people who can't see this was a BLATANT attack on Harden really are unreal. Saying Harden shouldn't have been standing there? Please. Even IF Harden was going to get in his face, when did that start to warrant assault on a player? Artest reared back, and slammed his elbow purposely into Harden's head.

He should be banned from the league, enough is enough.

Shame on the classless Lakers fans who cheered for him as he left the floor.

Young2Kinsler
04-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Metta should get a 10 game suspension.

10 plus 20 more. Anything less than 30 games is a joke.

Sssmush
04-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Ron Artest, hall of fame. Funny stuff.

not Hall of Fame, just Hall of FAMOUS, ***** !!

KB24PG16
04-22-2012, 10:47 PM
The people who can't see this was a BLATANT attack on Harden really are unreal. Saying Harden shouldn't have been standing there? Please. Even IF Harden was going to get in his face, when did that start to warrant assault on a player? Artest reared back, and slammed his elbow purposely into Harden's head.

He should be banned from the league, enough is enough.

Shame on the classless Lakers fans who cheered for him as he left the floor.

fans of any team boo when a player of their team is ejected, mike breen said in the telecast that there was no replay like viewers like yourself saw at staples center

Sssmush
04-22-2012, 10:49 PM
eeehh, crap.

So, it sounds like OKC and Harden are going to try to milk this to the max. Clearly they're hoping they can get him suspended for the playoffs, to have a better chance in the WCFs.

Classy, OKC, classy.

Seriously, not to belittle this unfortunate event, but every time I watch that video it looks more and more like a flop. Not just an NBA flop, more like an actual soccer flop. An ITALIAN soccer flop.

Lindystud36
04-22-2012, 10:50 PM
If the League suspends or fines Artest more than one or two games they are a joke
Harden provoked the cheap shot, and should have moved
Metta was celebrating, and the guys head happened to be close to his elbow, if it was a taller guy it would have just hit him in the back, Metta never aimed for anything

Play some street ball NBA

Young2Kinsler
04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
If the League suspends or fines Artest more than one or two games they are a joke
Metta was celebrating, and the guys head happened to be close to his elbow, if it was a taller guy it would have just hit him in the back, Metta never aimed for anything

I really can't believe some people think like this. This is somehow Harden's fault?

Who celebrates by measuring their elbow, pulling it back, and slamming it into someone's head ON PURPOSE?

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 10:54 PM
10 plus 20 more. Anything less than 30 games is a joke.

Prepare to laugh then because that's what hes getting deal with it.

Young2Kinsler
04-22-2012, 10:54 PM
I can't comment on this thread anymore, I don't want my account locked or banned.

The level of ignorance in here is unbearable.

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 10:57 PM
I can't comment on this thread anymore, I don't want my account locked or banned.

The level of ignorance in here is unbearable.

Welcome to Amurika!!! **** Yeah. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Lim
04-22-2012, 11:00 PM
how is this nut job still in the league? he should of been suspended for life a long time ago...

QueensG
04-22-2012, 11:01 PM
you people can't be serious thinking it was a flop....smh..im out..no sense in trying to make the blind see

Lindystud36
04-22-2012, 11:03 PM
I really can't believe some people think like this. This is somehow Harden's fault?

Who celebrates by measuring their elbow, pulling it back, and slamming it into someone's head ON PURPOSE?

Have you ever played? I remember countless games where since I am shorter having my mouth cracked open by a tuff elbow, and that was unprovoked
I guess being a wrestler, seeing a weak hit like Harden ran into made me laughter

3 games max

#sternwilscrewitup

GodsSon
04-22-2012, 11:04 PM
What else is there to say? Pretty dirty move.

QueensG
04-22-2012, 11:05 PM

Have you ever played? I remember countless games where since I am shorter having my mouth cracked open by a tuff elbow, and that was unprovoked
I guess being a wrestler, seeing a weak hit like Harden ran into made me laughter

3 games max

#sternwilscrewitup

so you were a wrestler who constantly got hit in the head...interesting..that explains your reasoning

Yakuza
04-22-2012, 11:05 PM
If these two play against each other in the playoffs its going to be a war.

LADTXR
04-22-2012, 11:08 PM
You mess with the bull you get the horns. I don't think we'll see harden talking trash to Kobe anymore. He deserves to get suspended but anything beyond the 1st round of the playoffs is ludicrous.

5ass
04-22-2012, 11:09 PM
metta world peace of ****

Sssmush
04-22-2012, 11:10 PM

Excellent point.

We see this kind of jostling and elbowing all the time. The only thing that's different is that Harden put his face right there and took a hard hit/made a great flop

tredigs
04-22-2012, 11:14 PM

3 games max

#sternwilscrewitup

HA - You must be some kind of guy if there has been 'countless' instances of you being elbowed in the face during streetball games. I've played streetball all my life and don't ever have dudes elbowing me in the face. Sometimes you'll catch a clip if you're crashing the boards, that's about it. Forget the fact that this was during a dead ball and clearly on purpose. If this happens on a court it's because the dude wants to fight you. From a legal standpoint they refer to it as "assault".

Also I love how you somehow believe that a greco-roman wrestling background has any connection to an unguarded elbow to the temple from a 6'8" athletic freak. Internet tough guys ftw.

tredigs
04-22-2012, 11:16 PM
The inevitable brawl that will breakout at some point if Artest ever plays the Thunder again will be a tough one for the league to justify.

ABOMB_56
04-22-2012, 11:16 PM
I honestly feel bad for those people who argue you that this wasn't a malicious attempt to injure another person.

Super.
04-22-2012, 11:22 PM
The inevitable brawl that will breakout at some point if Artest ever plays the Thunder again will be a tough one for the league to justify.

This

Sssmush
04-22-2012, 11:24 PM

jeez, don't try to inflame this.

You want to pull some crazy **** with Artest when the teams meet in the playoffs, be my guest.

But Metta Blackeyed Peas plays that game as well as anyone

Sssmush
04-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Just fyi, Artest is great. I really enjoy the way he plays sometimes, and especially this kind of "Rodman" type antics, sitting on Blake Griffin, wrestling with Paul Pierce in the Finals, all this.

Honestly I think he thought that somebody's chest was right there, I think he was surprised as anybody that Harden had put his face right there.

It's similar to if Kobe or Jordan did their "air punch" celebration, and Harden snuck up and put his face right in front of it.

JC_
04-22-2012, 11:32 PM
It's similar to if Kobe or Jordan did their "air punch" celebration, and Harden snuck up and put his face right in front of it.

rofl

andymac590
A hit like this to any player...as unlikely as it seems that james harden was nowhere near him, deserves a heavy suspension.

theheatles
i can easily see 5-10 games suspension

boolish
04-22-2012, 11:33 PM
You mess with the bull you get the horns. I don't think we'll see harden talking trash to Kobe anymore. He deserves to get suspended but anything beyond the 1st round of the playoffs is ludicrous.

please. he's a cowardly thug who should be banned for Life, and made to get a REAL job sweeping the stadium out, which is what he would be doing if he was 5 10 instead of 6 7.

J4KOP99
04-22-2012, 11:33 PM

This is the one point I keep finding laughable... No brawl is going to happen due to this. You're foolish if you think so.

Did you not see Durant laughing with Mike Brown after the Lakers went up for good in the 2nd OT?

Artest took a cheap shot and should be penalized harshly. He is a repeat offender and some of his past offenses have been amongst the worst in league history.

Harden did not deserve this, whether he was talking crap all game or not... whether he said something to Kobe in the past or not. It was absolutely disgusting for Artest to pull this.

Having said that, nothing more than a few "hard" fouls will happen the next time OKC plays LA (whether Ron plays or not). This isn't the 80's or 90's. The most we will see is a possible twitter fued. Stop kidding yourself.

BKLYNpigeon
04-22-2012, 11:34 PM
yeah, Artest seemed oblivious after the incident. It was intentional, but not intentional in the sense to hit Harden in the dome. I think he'll get a 3 game suspension.

Sadds The Gr8
Just fyi, Artest is great. I really enjoy the way he plays sometimes, and especially this kind of "Rodman" type antics, sitting on Blake Griffin, wrestling with Paul Pierce in the Finals, all this.

Honestly I think he thought that somebody's chest was right there, I think he was surprised as anybody that Harden had put his face right there.

:facepalm:

sjbirds
pretty dirty play he will be gone for a bit... my question is who is crazier mwp or delonte?

BKLYNpigeon
04-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Theres not going to be an OKC Brawl, that team is kinda soft Other then Perkins.

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Ron got Metta in trouble

J4KOP99
04-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Ron got Metta in trouble

That just might be the finest sig I have ever seen on PSD.

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Theres not going to be an OKC Brawl, that team is kinda soft Other then Perkins.

Perkins vs Ron Artest I'd pay to see that.

kblo247
How could he have hit Harden or anyone when he wasn't walking in the path of anyone? He wasn't even looking at a Thunder. He was beating in his chest toward the first row like he kisses his muscles to them and then blew them kisses in other games recently after he dunked.

Westbrook, Perk, Ibaka, and Durant were the ones chasing down Ron on his dunk. They were the four down the court. Harden ran up behind him while he wasn't looking and positioned himself low in a defensive stance to take a flop.

He put himself there to flop. He did not think he was going to take a hit but he ended up taking one because he didn't fall out in a flop fast enough like he had already done this year. He knew the game was turning momentum wise as he tried to re-pull a stunt he had done this year when his team was losing momentum.

Hardwn himself took a calculated gamble and got hurt because of his own choices.

There was no basketball play to be made by Harden for anything he was doing is my point, so I won't shed a tear for him.

I never said don't suspend Ron. I said 3 games is good as two are playoff games which means they are valued more. I said Harden got taught a lesson to not do that stupid **** again at least to him or the Lakers. If Ron ran up and hit him, turned around and saw him and then hit him, or so on I'd say Ron deserves 1000% blame. Harden initiated the scenario and tried to set up the dominoes, just got truly knocked the **** out and that is on him as well as he intentionally put himself in the place and time to be hit

2 things should come from this

1) Ron gets his 3 game suspension since 2 are playoff games and the precedent for that hit or hits like it in the playoffs is equal to 1 game normally (Dwight, Raja) or 2 at best (Horry)

2) Harden stops doing that bs as he thought it was cute when he pulled it off before on Dallas, but he got rocked and could have been hurt today all because of his own calculated gamble back firing. There is no place in basketball for guys to fake elbows to the head or position themselves to take one just to swing the momentum of a game and get a guy tossed or a flagrant 1

Kuya_Clive

the first chest bump looked legit, but the second one did not look at all like a chest bump when compared to the first. He moves his fist past his shoulder (misses the chest bump) as if he was trying to load up for an elbow strike and the actual extension of the shoulder joint was obviously intentional. It seems like he did try to elbow harden on purpose imo.

ThunderousDemon

Hey, he was using the Peoples Elbow , ;) lol

effen5
04-22-2012, 11:41 PM
My guess is 25 games, first he has the history and second, he completely followed through with that elbow. If Ron stopped the elbow and at least check on Harden to see if it was okay and it was completely accidental is one thing but he threw that elbow hard and he followed through.

Well Ron, looks like you need to apply at Circuit City again...

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 11:42 PM
How could he have hit Harden or anyone when he wasn't walking in the path of anyone? He wasn't even looking at a Thunder. He was beating in his chest toward the first row like he kisses his muscles to them and then blew them kisses in other games recently after he dunked.

Westbrook, Perk, Ibaka, and Durant were the ones chasing down Ron on his dunk. They were the four down the court. Harden ran up behind him while he wasn't looking and positioned himself low in a defensive stance to take a flop.

He put himself there to flop. He did not think he was going to take a hit but he ended up taking one because he didn't fall out in a flop fast enough like he had already done this year. He knew the game was turning momentum wise as he tried to re-pull a stunt he had done this year when his team was losing momentum.

Hardwn himself took a calculated gamble and got hurt because of his own choices.

There was no basketball play to be made by Harden for anything he was doing is my point, so I won't shed a tear for him.

I never said don't suspend Ron. I said 3 games is good as two are playoff games which means they are valued more. I said Harden got taught a lesson to not do that stupid **** again at least to him or the Lakers. If Ron ran up and hit him, turned around and saw him and then hit him, or so on I'd say Ron deserves 1000% blame. Harden initiated the scenario and tried to set up the dominoes, just got truly knocked the **** out and that is on him as well as he intentionally put himself in the place and time to be hit

1) Ron gets his 3 game suspension since 2 are playoff games

2) Harden stops doing that bs as he thought it was cute when he pulled it off before on Dallas, but he got rocked and could have been hurt today all because of his own calculated gamble back firing. There is no place in basketball for guys to fake elbows to the head or position themselves to take one just to swing the momentum of a game and get a guy tossed or a flagrant 1
wow :facepalm:

Rego247
Artest is classless piece of **** just like bynum.

Any laker fan who doesn't think that was a dirty play is a ****ing moron.

andymac590
still bad tho, deserves a suspension

Yakuza

The peoples Elbow :facepalm:

tredigs
04-22-2012, 11:43 PM
This is the one point I keep finding laughable... No brawl is going to happen due to this. You're foolish if you think so.

Did you not see Durant laughing with Mike Brown after the Lakers went up for good in the 2nd OT?

Artest took a cheap shot and should be penalized harshly. He is a repeat offender and some of his past offenses have been amongst the worst in league history.

Harden did not deserve this, whether he was talking crap all game or not... whether he said something to Kobe in the past or not. It was absolutely disgusting for Artest to pull this.

Having said that, nothing more than a few "hard" fouls will happen the next time OKC plays LA (whether Ron plays or not). This isn't the 80's or 90's. The most we will see is a possible twitter fued. Stop kidding yourself.

1. Artest will be fouled hard.
2. Artest will get up and throw a punch.
3. A fight will occur.

There is a very simple formula to how I think this will play out. Any other player and I would not be so sure of this (although no other player is capable of doing something like this during a dead ball). But with Ron, yes, a brawl will occur due to this foul.

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Obviously Ron was trying to hit him, but I'm not sure if he was aiming specifically for the head, but that's beside the point of course. Also did anybody hear hear Mike Breen, the guy was acting like baby seals were being slaughtered.

tcman2007
04-22-2012, 11:45 PM
He should be suspended for the remainder of the season. It's obvious that the dude is dangerous and has trouble differentiating what is right and wrong when his chemical imbalances start whizzing through his head.

Of course he won't get suspended, because he plays for the sacrosanct Lakers, the supposed exemplar of what's great about the NBA. "BIG". Yah, like the ****in' headache James Harden is going to have when he wakes up tomorrow. If he played for Toronto (and they were in the same situation as the Lakers, playoff-bound and hoping for a title), he'd be suspended for the rest of the year and possibly more games next year.

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Artest is classless piece of **** just like bynum.

Any laker fan who doesn't think that was a dirty play is a ****ing moron.

:faint: Oh Really. You aren't the first one to say that, it's been said about 30 times already, but I guess that isn't enough.

Lakeshow24KB
04-22-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm a die hard laker and I believe it was a terrible move. Especially to such a good humble guy like James. Smh I hope he gets blamed for this and not the Lakers. Smh.

tcman2007
Obviously Ron was trying to hit him, but I'm not sure if he was aiming specifically for the head, but that's beside the point of course. Also did anybody hear hear Mike Breen, the guy was acting like baby seals were being slaughtered.

Why don't you take a Metta World Peace elbow to the head? The **** is wrong with you? James Harden is an f'n human being. Get it? You don't do that stuff to other people.

ThunderousDemon
The peoples Elbow :facepalm:

lol do you smell what the.............it doesn't matter!!!! lol

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Why don't you take a Metta World Peace elbow to the head? The **** is wrong with you? James Harden is an f'n human being. Get it? You don't do that stuff to other people.

Are you nuts I don't want to take an elbow to the head by anyone, are you loco or what?:crazy:

When did I say it was acceptable, never did I state that, get it?

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Ok, I have a question for all of you non-Laker fans out there. This has nothing to do with Metta World Peace. But rather a question about some of the OKC players.

Don't you think there are some players on the Thunder that have too much extra curricular crap that goes on during dead ball situations like Perkins or Harden or Westbrook?

For instance, the young second year guy Devin Ebanks got an offensive rebound and got fouled on the put back attempt by Perkins. Ebanks then goes to the padding of the basket (where the cameramen are sitting on the floor) to gather himself before going to the line to shoot 2 shots, and Perkins slyly follows him so that when Ebanks turns around to go head toward the free throw line, he runs into Perkins shoulder and they bump into each.

To me, as I've seen basketball, it's those little sudden things during dead ball situations that cause the game to become mucked up and players to get unnecessarily physical with each other, they start bumping each into other during dead ball situations, the trash talk happens, one thing leads to another, and BAM, the infamous double technical.

Guys like Perk, Harden and Westbrook need to be held accountable for their extracurricular crap during dead ball situations. And that principle should be held for any Laker players or any other players in the league. You should get a technical foul for such things.

I want to know your guys' take on what I brought up.

(AGAIN, I am not condoning MWP's actions or giving excuses for his actions)

This is aside from the MWP-Harden Elbow incident.

effen5
04-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I had to look at the video again...

It is quite clear Harden was at his position first and Artest wasn't looking and ran up to Harden and elbowed him. FFS Harden was right under the net to inbound the ball, while Artest was doing his dumbass celebration running up to Harden.

After watching the video again, you need to suspend Artest indefinitely, that was ridiculous.

tcman2007
04-22-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm a die hard laker and I believe it was a terrible move. Especially to such a good humble guy like James. Smh I hope he gets blamed for this and not the Lakers. Smh.

It's Metta World Peace's fault, first and foremost, but the league has been really soft when dealing with Laker incidents. That other ****-nugget, aka Andrew Bynum, pulled this TWICE last year--once against Michael Beasley (which no one cared about because he played in MN and once against JJ Barea in the playoffs) and got a slap on the wrist both times. The NBA needs to take a stand and tell their favorite franchise that the rules are the rules.

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Ok, I have a question for all of you non-Laker fans out there. This has nothing to do with Metta World Peace. But rather a question about some of the OKC players.

Don't you think there are some players on the Thunder that have too much extra curricular crap that goes on during dead ball situations like Perkins or Harden or Westbrook?

For instance, the young second year guy Devin Ebanks got an offensive rebound and got fouled on the put back attempt by Perkins. Ebanks then goes to the padding of the basket (where the cameramen are sitting on the floor) to gather himself before going to the line to shoot 2 shots, and Perkins slyly follows him so that when Ebanks turns around to go head toward the free throw line, he runs into Perkins shoulder and they bump into each.

To me, as I've seen basketball, it's those little sudden things during dead ball situations that cause the game to become mucked up and players to get unnecessarily physical with each other, they start bumping each into other during dead ball situations, the trash talk happens, one thing leads to another, and BAM, the infamous double technical.

Guys like Perk, Harden and Westbrook need to be held accountable for their extracurricular crap during dead ball situations. And that principle should be held for any Laker players or any other players in the league. You should get a technical foul for such things.

You may say that you're not defending Ron, but people will brand you otherwise.

Jenceman
Agreed - This core of fans who are willing to blindly back these players (who obviously could give a **** about them if they ever knew them) just confuse the hell out of me. I would want Artest off my team and never disgracing their colors again.

Oh shut up, seriously. This is so hypocritical, especially the bolded part.
MWP was in the wrong, but am I really supposed to care that much when one idiot millionaire elbows another?

effen5

Every team does their extracurricular crap, Lebron Westbrook Kobe when they make a thunderous dunk, don't they all pause and stare?

That means nothing. The only thing in this situation that matters is that Artest intentionally elbowed Harden.

Thats it.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 11:52 PM

Perkins is a piece of ****. But that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. hwat artest did was disgusting in ever way. He torqued his elbow back and cleanly struck harden right in the side of the head and followed through. I have seen it over 10 times now and yes, he was aware harden was there. Its just disgusting. I have changed my stance, he needs to be suspended the remainder of the season. Only artest would do something so stupid.

I mean, this is the same guy that ran into the stands. There is a pattern here, he has become a liability to the league imo.

Lakeshow24KB
04-22-2012, 11:52 PM

He didn't say that James deserved it or anything....jeez calm down.

smood999
04-22-2012, 11:53 PM
just watched...that was bad, cant excuse it... but wasnt bynum on barrea even worse last yr? is he gonna get suspended for a longer time than bynum was? bynum only got 4 games?

J4KOP99
1. Artest will be fouled hard.
2. Artest will get up and throw a punch.
3. A fight will occur.

There is a very simple formula to how I think this will play out. Any other player and I would not be so sure of this (although no other player is capable of doing something like this during a dead ball). But with Ron, yes, a brawl will occur due to this foul.

Artest has been fouled hard plenty of times since the Pistons-Pacers brawl... he has never gotten up and punched anyone haha... Artest has even broken up fights.

you can keep fantasizing about a fight between your beloved Thunder and the hated Lakers though. It's not gonna happen.

tcman2007

Okay, I'm a Wolves fan. I hate the Thunder and the Lakers. I don't care how cocky OKC gets during dead-ball situations. Don't like 'em if they pull that crap, that's what you do. As a fan, you call 'em out on it. Maybe the league will do something about those most important moments we call "dead ball situations".

He elbowed him in the head. It could have caused a concussion. He could've been seriously hurt. I understand you're a Laker fan, but c'mon, dude. You should be embarrassed.

ThunderousDemon
04-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Oh shut up, seriously. This is so hypocritical, especially the bolded part.
MWP was in the wrong, but am I really supposed to care that much when one idiot millionaire elbows another?

lol that's how I feel I couldn't give a rat's ***,Ron Artest or whoever is nothing to me, so I don't care.

effen5
04-22-2012, 11:54 PM
just watched...that was bad, cant excuse it... but wasnt bynum on barrea even worse last yr? is he gonna get suspended for a longer time than bynum was? bynum only got 4 games?

go watch the brawl at the palace, thats why.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Perkins is a piece of ****. But that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. hwat artest did was disgusting in ever way. He torqued his elbow back and cleanly struck harden right in the side of the head and followed through. I have seen it over 10 times now and yes, he was aware harden was there. Its just disgusting. I have changed my stance, he needs to be suspended the remainder of the season. Only artest would do something so stupid.

Indeed, which is why I mentioned at the beginning and end of my post that my question had nothing to do with the incident.

And yes, MWP is a dumbass.

hoggin88
I can only laugh at a few of the Lakers fans saying it wasn't that bad because Harden "pushed" him right before the elbow. Harden wasn't even in on the play, then came close to Artest (and not in a fighting manner whatsoever), touched his arm as the ball was being inbounded and was instantly cracked in the head.

Poor Ron Artest, he had a basketball player in his vicinity! I now fully understand why elbowed him in the temple!

ThunderousDemon
He didn't say that James deserved it or anything....jeez calm down.

Yeah I was surprised about that too, lol

tcman2007
04-22-2012, 11:56 PM
^^^I was embarrassed when Kevin Love stepped on Luis Scola's face.

KB-Pau-DH2012
A lot of people on these boards have serious reading comprehension issues, I swear.

effen5

I mean, this is the same guy that ran into the stands. There is a pattern here, he has become a liability to the league imo.

I love how some people are blaming harden in this case, did you see where he was standing after the dunk? Right under then net getting ready to get the inbound, Artest blindly ran into Harden and threw an elbow and followed through.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 11:59 PM
I love how some people are blaming harden in this case, did you see where he was standing after the dunk? Right under then net getting ready to get the inbound, Artest blindly ran into Harden and threw an elbow and followed through.

No question. How anyone can defend artest/blame harden is beyond me. It was so obvious it's painful to watch.

tredigs
04-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Artest has been fouled hard plenty of times since the Pistons-Pacers brawl... he has never gotten up and punched anyone haha... Artest has even broken up fights.

you can keep fantasizing about a fight between your beloved Thunder and the hated Lakers though. It's not gonna happen.

I've never seen Artest gunned for before. "Being fouled hard" in the context of a game has no connection to the fact that (probably Perkins) will be gunning for him and looking to take him out.

It actually surprises me that some people can't see this coming. Ibaka or Serge will not let it slide, I assure you. And once they go after him, is it really farfetched to see Artest retaliate? Que fight -- >

It's going to be entertaining, I will say that much.

And @ Jencemen, to each their own guy. I don't want guys on the team I devote time rooting for and spending my money to go watch taking blatant maliciousness cheap shots at other players. That is pathetic. As a Laker fan it's probably a good thing that you do not give a ****.

smood999
04-23-2012, 12:00 AM
go watch the brawl at the palace, thats why.

i know the brawl..i watched it live while it was happening...but he's had a clean slate since and that was 8 yrs ago...idk it was bad he should be suspended for a while but if im using the bynum barrea situation to judge then bynums was worse is all im saying...doesnt make it right im just trying to guess the length of the suspension

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Are any of you guys going to go visit Harden at the Hospital? Maybe send him some get well cards? Oh you don't know him? You never met him? Ok, but you've spoken to him once at least? No? Oh, ok so he's a stranger to you,then why are you getting so riled up for?

I don't care about any basket ball player whether it be Kobe, Ron, Gasol etc I don't care, just like they wouldn't care about you. You think Harden would get so mad if he saw a video of you getting elbowed in the temple?

Duncan = Donkey
Just a **** human being. The dude is a nutcase and should be locked up in a cage and kept away from society.

ThunderousDemon
^^^I was embarrassed when Kevin Love stepped on Luis Scola's face.

That makes no sense? What are you his brother or father?

kblo247
04-23-2012, 12:08 AM
wow :facepalm:

Are you going to say Harden was making a basketball play? Are you saying that Harden didn't do the same exact thing he did to Ron versus Dallas but faked a hit to the head this season t change the total momentum of the game and how it was called?

Mell413
04-23-2012, 12:09 AM

1) Ron gets his 3 game suspension since 2 are playoff games and the precedent for that hit or hits like it in the playoffs is equal to 1 game normally (Dwight, Raja) or 2 at best (Horry)

You're usually pretty intelligent when it comes to your wrestling posts. However in this case, wow just wow. I do think it's somewhat humorous that whenever something like this happens the victim always gets the blame. I understand wanting/needing to defend your team, but I don't see how Harden can be blamed for this.

LakersIn5
04-23-2012, 12:10 AM
i wish MWP did this to blake g. instead.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:11 AM
All yall shut up and get over it. Hes gonna get suspended, yes hes crazy. Quit catchin feelings like some groupies

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 12:12 AM
All yall shut up and get over it. Hes gonna get suspended, yes hes crazy. Quit catchin feelings like some groupies

lol those people think they know him or something.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Had thabo elbowed kobe 90% of yall would be applauding it.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:15 AM
lol those people think they know him or something.

Exactly bro. Like he rents a house from em or something and gotta deal with him every day.

Angelus™
04-23-2012, 12:15 AM
i wish MWP did this to blake g. instead.

You're an idiot

kblo247
04-23-2012, 12:16 AM

He wasn't under the net after the dunk. He wasn't in inbounds position, as Westrbook was on the left side and KD on the right to receive the inbounds, perk had barely even lifted the ball off the ground. Serge was also back.

Harden was the one who walked up on Ron from the blindside, ducked down to arm pit level, and leaned in. He then actually got hit.

He however has done this before. Harden pulled the stunt this season versus Dallas. Walked dead up on a Mav that was celebrating a basket from the blindside while being the offenseive player, crouched down, leaned in , and then took the dive like he had just got hit in the face/head with a shiver like Artest gave him and laughed aout it after the fact. Anyone who doesn't know that obviously doesn't follow the Thunder this year.

He got rocked today. Harden has a past of pulling that card he used today though and felt the consequences of not diving fast enough today.

Like I said suspend Ron and fine him. Likewise, Harden needs to stop doing that cheap **** as he should have got hit in the Dallas game when he thought it was cute to pull that dive stunt and could have been really hurt today. It isnt basketball what Harden did p, it is dangerous for his own health and the consequences of him not diving quick enough can be dangerous for the guy giving the hit as he would have been concussed versus Dallas if he didn't flop so soon

Zefflin
04-23-2012, 12:17 AM
He'll be gone the first round. And it'll end up helping the lakers...suckers.

ThunderousDemon
Exactly bro. Like he rents a house from em or something and gotta deal with him every day.

They are getting too mad about something they have no control over and about two people they have never met and probably never will meet.

Duncan = Donkey

Of course we would, I would applaud anyone that assualts a sexual predator.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 12:18 AM
of course we would, i would applaud anyone that assualts a sexual predator.

rofl

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 12:19 AM

Hey I would too lol

Big Game Son
04-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Let me start by saying there is no room in the NBA for this type of behaviour. Meta should be out indefinitely (all of playoffs) and see where it goes from there. That is completely not part of the game and maybe even chargeable to be honest (not likely but it could be).

I will be honest and say this though. By no means does James Harden deserve a concussion from a blindsiding elbow, but you gotta have your head up. Especially when you play how he does. You get in guys faces, over celebrate and play extremely aggressive yourself, you are probably best to not turn your back on a crazy or get in their space when they are in that 'in the zone' mode. Hard lesson for James Harden as well in this instance as many dudes in the NBA for sure do not like him. Again dislike or frustration does not warrant this. Dispicable.

Again let me specify, Meta is fully at fault for the escalation and deserves a huge punishment. A nice push back or stare down would have been fine and likely warranted, but blindsiding a guy with an elbow in the middle of the court is just sad really.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:20 AM

U mad that kobe torches phx bro?

Or u mad that ur team has historically sucked?

U mad bro?

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Are you going to say Harden was making a basketball play? Are you saying that Harden didn't do the same exact thing he did to Ron versus Dallas but faked a hit to the head this season t change the total momentum of the game and how it was called?

Im saying that anyone who is defending artest/blaming harden needs a psychological evaluation for mental retardation.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Let me start by saying there is no room in the NBA for this type of behaviour. Meta should be out indefinitely (all of playoffs) and see where it goes from there. That is completely not part of the game and maybe even chargeable to be honest (not likely but it could be).

I will be honest and say this though. By no means does James Harden deserve a concussion from a blindsiding elbow, but you gotta have your head up. Especially when you play how he does. You get in guys faces, over celebrate and play extremely aggressive yourself, you are probably best to not turn your back on a crazy or get in their space when they are in that 'in the zone' mode. Hard lesson for James Harden as well in this instance as many dudes in the NBA for sure do not like him. Again dislike or frustration does not warrant this. Dispicable.

Again let me specify, Meta is fully at fault for the escalation and deserves a huge punishment. A nice push back or stare down would have been fine and likely warranted, but blindsiding a guy with an elbow in the middle of the court is just sad really.

:yawn: Get in line you're number 107 to say that.

Why hasn't this thread been locked already, so pointless.

Teeboy1487
04-23-2012, 12:22 AM
I understand 3-4 game suspension, but being suspended the rest of the season/playoffs is too excessive for this.

kblo247
04-23-2012, 12:23 AM
You're usually pretty intelligent when it comes to your wrestling posts. However in this case, wow just wow. I do think it's somewhat humorous that whenever something like this happens the victim always gets the blame. I understand wanting/needing to defend your team, but I don't see how Harden can be blamed for this.

He pulled the same stunt before. He got lucky versus Dallas and flopped early, but sold it like he was hurt and laughed aout it after because he knew it changed the complexion of the game. Today he got hit for real, but he put himself in position to be hit and paid a price because his calculated gamble failed,

My problem is people acting like Harden was in the wrong place at the wrong time or Ron purposely walked up to where he was/looked at him and swung, when Harden walked up to and under to a pandering Artest to the fans to purposely take a dive, which he has a a history of.

I'm not saying he should have got concussed. I'm not saying don't suspend or fine Ron. I'm saying Harden has to no better than to be SI stupid as to walk up behind guys, duck down and lean his head in to be hit or fake a OT when players aren't looking and heis the offensive player. The stance he is taking in the past two scenarios is like a defender for no good reason than momentum shifting calls from refs. It isn't a basketball play that is respectable on the part of Harden. If he is going to make the play though and place himself in that danger he should be able to live with the hit that comes with it

Big Game Son
04-23-2012, 12:23 AM
:yawn: Get in line you're number 107 to say that.

Why hasn't this thread been locked already, so pointless.

Apparently Meta's elbow would put you to sleep just as well too. It'd be a faster route anyway for ya. lol

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:24 AM
All this thread is

"metta is a thug"

"metta should be banned"

"metta is a disgrace to the game"

"metta was provoked, he did nothing wrong"

God. It happened. Let it go. He will get diciplined. Quit gettin ur panties wett over it

J4KOP99
I've never seen Artest gunned for before. "Being fouled hard" in the context of a game has no connection to the fact that (probably Perkins) will be gunning for him and looking to take him out.

It actually surprises me that some people can't see this coming. Ibaka or Serge will not let it slide, I assure you. And once they go after him, is it really farfetched to see Artest retaliate? Que fight -- >

It's going to be entertaining, I will say that much.

And @ Jencemen, to each their own guy. I don't want guys on the team I devote time rooting for and spending my money to go watch taking blatant maliciousness cheap shots at other players. That is pathetic. As a Laker fan it's probably a good thing that you do not give a ****.

Oh, well in that case...

-If Serge Ibaka and perkins aren't gonna let this slide, why didn't they just handle their "business" today? Serge went after him and then backed away.

Based on what you think will happen, Serge or Perkins will get suspended either way, so why not handle it today?

Also, why was Durant laughing with Mike Brown in the 2nd OT after the Lakers had sealed up the win? Really sending a great message there.

leftymo

:clap::clap::clap:

the good ol double standard.

I half expect those losers Wilbon and Tirico to get their panties in a bunch to escalate a situation like this...

When it happens TO a Laker... nothing. Most often, the refs don't even call a flagrant.

kblo247
04-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Im saying that anyone who is defending artest/blaming harden needs a psychological evaluation for mental retardation.

I'm saying you need to know the history of both players and not act like Harden hasn't pulled that stunt before just this very year but just lucked out that he dived last time before the bow to the dome.

Big Game Son
04-23-2012, 12:26 AM
All this thread is

"metta is a thug"

"metta should be banned"

"metta is a disgrace to the game"

"metta was provoked, he did nothing wrong"

God. It happened. Let it go. He will get diciplined. Quit gettin ur panties wett over it

Lol @ Metta. Yes, but its important to comment on. If it wasn't you wouldn't be reading it all. :D

kblo247
I'll also say this harden got hit but Breen was the one with the blood in his panties

Sssmush
He wasn't under the net after the dunk. He wasn't in inbounds position, as Westrbook was on the left side and KD on the right to receive the inbounds, perk had barely even lifted the ball off the ground. Serge was also back.

Harden was the one who walked up on Ron from the blindside, ducked down to arm pit level, and leaned in. He then actually got hit.

He however has done this before. Harden pulled the stunt this season versus Dallas. Walked dead up on a Mav that was celebrating a basket from the blindside while being the offenseive player, crouched down, leaned in , and then took the dive like he had just got hit in the face/head with a shiver like Artest gave him and laughed aout it after the fact. Anyone who doesn't know that obviously doesn't follow the Thunder this year.

He got rocked today. Harden has a past of pulling that card he used today though and felt the consequences of not diving fast enough today.

Like I said suspend Ron and fine him. Likewise, Harden needs to stop doing that cheap **** as he should have got hit in the Dallas game when he thought it was cute to pull that dive stunt and could have been really hurt today. It isnt basketball what Harden did p, it is dangerous for his own health and the consequences of him not diving quick enough can be dangerous for the guy giving the hit as he would have been concussed versus Dallas if he didn't flop so soon

Yes ^

Clearly Harden thought he was sneaking up so that he could flop when Artest turned to run up court. Then he could high five and celebrate how they used flopping to get an extra possession.

Artest thought it was Perkins or somebody tall behind him, coming up behind him to push him, so he snapped the elbow back to back him off. Only *surprise* Harden had his face right there, what a dumb***.

Not sure exactly where the actual hit ends and where the flopping/Italian soccer dramatics begin, but this is nowhere near as extreme as some are trying to say.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 12:27 AM
Apparently Meta's elbow would put you to sleep just as well too. It'd be a faster route anyway for ya. lol

Why are you so riled up for, if you're so bothered go do something about it instead of just *****ing about in a forum. Come to LA, get directions to Ron's House and go confront him. If you care so much about Harden then go to him and tell him how sorry you are that he got laid out by a psychopath, if not then shut the **** up and get in line. You people here act like you know him on a personal level, just a bunch of groupies.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm saying you need to know the history of both players and not act like Harden hasn't pulled that stunt before just this very year but just lucked out that he dived last time before the bow to the dome.

Oh i know the history, if you want to talk about history harden is an angel compared to artest.

What artest did was ok, yes or no?

leftymo
04-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Just reported Metta has a fractured nose... courtesy of Kendrick Perkins.

I'm sure if was clean and all within the context of the game. Probably nothing to do with Artest trying to expend some physicality after receiving some... yeah nope.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:30 AM
:clap::clap::clap:

the good ol double standard.

I half expect those losers Wilbon and Tirico to get their panties in a bunch to escalate a situation like this...

When it happens TO a Laker... nothing. Most often, the refs don't even call a flagrant.

I hearu man. Its soo stupid. Oh well. Here come the playoffs

Big Game Son
04-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Why are you so riled up for, if you're so bothered go do something about it instead of just *****ing about in a forum. Come to LA, get directions to Ron's House and go confront him. If you care so much about Harden then go to him and tell him how sorry you are that he got laid out by a psychopath, if not then shut the **** up and get in line. You people here act like you know him on a personal level, just a bunch of groupies.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/234/8/b/What_Do_You_Mean_You_People_by_EncasedxInxPorcelai n.jpg

LOL. In any event concussions suck I have had a few. Not fun times ever.

However I don't consider Robert Horry's cheap shot on Nash really any different. When its not a basketball play its not a basketball play. Sometimes you just simply have to look at track record and how and when it happened. I.E. - Randomly after a dunk in regular season = worse than heated playoff game with a serious rivalry.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Just reported Metta has a fractured nose... courtesy of Kendrick Perkins.

I'm sure if was clean and all within the context of the game. Probably nothing to do with Artest trying to expend some physicality after receiving some... yeah nope.

he will have plenty of time to recover after he gets some surgery for it.

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 12:37 AM
I saw the whole game... and up to the point where ron hit harden, the thunder wear hacking, reaching, and talking. They wouldve been stupid to think the lakers werent gonna do something about it. Ron hit him so what its basketball it happens, and then people say he squared up at half court.. He only did it because Ibaka and westbrook rushed him. Lakers won, and the OLD RON IS BACK!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Duncan = Donkey
04-23-2012, 12:38 AM

U mad bro?

Im Sooper Dooper Mad Bro

kblo247
04-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Oh i know the history, if you want to talk about history harden is an angel compared to artest.

What artest did was ok, yes or no?

I said fine and suspend him the final regular season and first two playoff games.

I'm also saying Harden learned a lesson about doing that take a dive **** he thought was hilarious earlier this season

You never want to hurt a guy, so concussions someone isn't cool. That said, you should also never take dives or try to create a scenario to feign injury in basketball like Harden was doing and has done before.

Sssmush
04-23-2012, 12:40 AM

Yes! Yes!

The OKC players were getting cocky and disrespectful, and doing these little gamesmanship maneuevers and trying to play head games and get under the Lakers skin.

The fact that Artest makes a HUGE play on the fast break and is celebrating and pounding his chest and getting the crowd all into it, and that is the exact moment when Harden creeps up behind him to try to bump/hold/diss/flop or say "what?! what?!" or whatever Harden was trying to do, tells you everything.

Harden was making a move, and he got the taste slapped out of his mouth.

Now the whole OKC team can rethink their "big season" and their cool, tough attitude. They can take a few minutes and remember that they got no championships and no Finals, and that the Lakers are still on another level. Perkins can remember Bynum snapping his leg in half during the 2010 Finals. Harden can hope that some of his brain cells come back.

And they can all look forward to 7 long, tough games in the WCF where nothing will be given, and Mike Brown's defense will bear down on them hard. And you'll get Artest wreaking havoc on them all game, while Kobe goes wild and lights them up.

Yakuza
04-23-2012, 12:41 AM
http://youtu.be/4FuQDcPEIsk

http://youtu.be/4gDcHZ1lszY

Hes always at the perfect spot to get elbowed in the face. For the millionth time Artest threw his elbow intentionally in no way shape or form do I defend his actions but we have to see that Harden has a record of being in the perfect spot to get elbowed.

Sssmush
04-23-2012, 12:42 AM
LoL at OKC thinking they are on their way to the Finals.

mdm692
04-23-2012, 12:43 AM
I saw the whole game... and up to the point where ron hit harden, the thunder wear hacking, reaching, and talking. They wouldve been stupid to think the lakers werent gonna do something about it. Ron hit him so what its basketball it happens, and then people say he squared up at half court.. He only did it because Ibaka and westbrook rushed him. Lakers won, and the OLD RON IS BACK!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

so youre saying intentionally HURTING a player to the point where he is going to miss games is ok? You are pathetic it is because of fans like you that the lakers fan base such a bad rep.

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Yes! Yes!

The OKC players were getting cocky and disrespectful, and doing these little gamesmanship maneuevers and trying to play head games and get under the Lakers skin.

The fact that Artest makes a HUGE play on the fast break and is celebrating and pounding his chest and getting the crowd all into it, and that is the exact moment when Harden creeps up behind him to try to bump/hold/diss/flop or say "what?! what?!" or whatever Harden was trying to do, tells you everything.

Harden was making a move, and he got the taste slapped out of his mouth.

Now the whole OKC team can rethink their "big season" and their cool, tough attitude. They can take a few minutes and remember that they got no championships and no Finals, and that the Lakers are still on another level. Perkins can remember Bynum snapping his leg in half during the 2010 Finals. Harden can hope that some of his brain cells come back.

And they can all look forward to 7 long, tough games in the WCF where nothing will be given, and Mike Brown's defense will bear down on them hard. And you'll get Artest wreaking havoc on them all game, while Kobe goes wild and lights them up.

I mean we all know Ron Ron always kisses his mucsles, swings his arms around in joy after making a good play... I saw Harden run right towards artest even though the play was over... Harden is out, who cares thats what he gets, and everyone in the NBA now knows not to mess with the lakers.

northsider
04-23-2012, 12:44 AM
My only thing is I wish he would just man up and admit he knew damn well he was about to throw a bow into Hardens face. I just hate the denial of the whole thing as if to take everyone for idiots.

I mean if you swing you elbow at full speed and feel it connect with someone without intention then 100 times out of 100 you are going to glance or look back like "holy hell" what did I hit. He didn't even look back cause he knew what he did.

This game was chippy though and I am not shocked.

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 12:45 AM

Hes always at the perfect spot to get elbowed in the face. For the millionth time Artest threw his elbow intentionally in no way shape or form do I defend his actions but we have to see that Harden has a record of being in the perfect spot to get elbowed.

Wasn't there a thread in here the other day asking how they could stop flopping?

I think we have found our answer.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Im Sooper Dooper Mad Bro

Thought so..

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 12:46 AM
so youre saying intentionally HURTING a player to the point where he is going to miss games is ok? You are pathetic it is because of fans like you that the lakers fan base such a bad rep.

Its fans like you who try tomake the lakers out to be the bad guys.. James Harden has a history of this.. he does this on purpose and for once he pays for it, a couple game or even a series suspension doesnt matter the lakers will be fine without himn for a while... The old Ron is back thats all that matters i could care less about Harden and the Thunder

fin_frenzy_84
04-23-2012, 12:48 AM

I was just stuck for about ten mins looking at your sig....

Anyways, I started to gain respect for world peace untill this. I cant stand him now!

UPRock
04-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Some Lakers fans here are so ignorant. Harden right now is suffering a concussion and they're celebrating because the old Ron Artest is back, the one that likes to hurt his opponents and doesn't care about his team LMAO.

PraiseJesus
04-23-2012, 12:49 AM
There is a possibility that Artest is banned from the NBA - you heard it here first.

Stern made it clear to ron that he was on a short leash.

He is gone the rest of this year and playoffs minimum.

That was clearly intentional

Im Laker fan but that was classless. COme on MEtta - if you wanna take him out at least square him up done cheap shot.

Terrible

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Ron effed up bottom line. He will get diciplined. But at the same time harden bit of a lil more than he can chew. Hes known to be a mouthy dude. He got a response this time. Artest IS THE LAST guy u wanna mess with laker uniform or not

mdm692
04-23-2012, 12:50 AM

U mad bro?

your second statement shows how little information you know about basketball :facepalm:.

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 12:51 AM
I'm glad most of you weren't around to watch the "Bad Boys" Pistons. Or the Knicks heat rivalry of the 90's. Or the old Celtics Lakers match ups in the 80's.

People are acting like this is the worst thing to ever happen on a basketball court.

-Artest ****ed up. He deserves a serious suspension. Harden flops all the time but no one deserves to be knocked out cold with an elbow.

I don't understand where this thread can possibly go from here. I understand it is fun to take shots at the Lakers when the opportunity presents itself (it doesn't happen often), but this topic has run its course... until we hear what artest's punishment is.

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Some Lakers fans here are so ignorant. Harden right now is suffering a concussion and they're celebrating because the old Ron Artest is back, the one that likes to hurt his opponents and doesn't care about his team LMAO.

You obviously dot know your NBA history... The old Ron Ron was a lockdown defender, who didnt put up with play like james harden or blake griffin or any other flopper out there.. Harden has a concussion so what.. kobe played with a torn ligament in his wrist. Give me a break, and another thing harden should have known is to never ever mess with Ron Artest.:cool:

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:53 AM
your second statement shows how little information you know about basketball :facepalm:.

Yea cause ur ZERO rings in god knows how many years proves otherwise right?

I hate arizona. I lived there for 4 years and saw first hand the jealousy u guys have for california. Which is why i love bashing u guys.

Yakuza
04-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Back in the 60s and 70s there was much more contact during games. The NBA is watered down now. Its fans that complain about every little hand slap as foul that make the game boring now. If this was the 70s none of this would been a big deal and the teams would of taken their revenge on the court in the playoffs.

UPRock
04-23-2012, 12:54 AM
I mean we all know Ron Ron always kisses his mucsles, swings his arms around in joy after making a good play... I saw Harden run right towards artest even though the play was over... Harden is out, who cares thats what he gets, and everyone in the NBA now knows not to mess with the lakers.

LOL He did that to Harden, what about Ibaka? He's so ****ing stupid, and no one gets respect hitting small foes.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm glad most of you weren't around to watch the "Bad Boys" Pistons. Or the Knicks heat rivalry of the 90's. Or the old Celtics Lakers match ups in the 80's.

People are acting like this is the worst thing to ever happen on a basketball court.

-Artest ****ed up. He deserves a serious suspension. Harden flops all the time but no one deserves to be knocked out cold with an elbow.

I don't understand where this thread can possibly go from here. I understand it is fun to take shots at the Lakers when the opportunity presents itself (it doesn't happen often), but this topic has run its course... until we hear what artest's punishment is.

Not at all, far from it actually, but when you have fans defending what artest did and trying to blame harden for it, its pathetic.

mdm692
04-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Its fans like you who try tomake the lakers out to be the bad guys.. James Harden has a history of this.. he does this on purpose and for once he pays for it, a couple game or even a series suspension doesnt matter the lakers will be fine without himn for a while... The old Ron is back thats all that matters i could care less about Harden and the Thunder

you really are an idiot. I never said the lakers are the bad guys just that moronic fans who know nothing about the game except "yeah we won 2 most amount of rings in history so im a laker fan YEAH!!!" give the lakers fan base a bad rep. I actually hate kobe but i acknowledge his greatnes so dont come at me with that ********. Everybody knows mwp was a bad guy did you not see the pacers-pistons brawl. And basically with your statement you said just because a player flops and taunts it is ok to hurt him :facepalm:. The correct thing to do when a player taunts or flops is go kobe on them like he did to win the game you idiot thats the proper way to deal with it not to be a thug.

justinnum1
You obviously dot know your NBA history... The old Ron Ron was a lockdown defender, who didnt put up with play like james harden or blake griffin or any other flopper out there.. Harden has a concussion so what.. kobe played with a torn ligament in his wrist. Give me a break, and another thing harden should have known is to never ever mess with Ron Artest.:cool:

:rolleyes: Sure buddy.

raiderNlakerfan
LOL He did that to Harden, what about Ibaka? He's so ****ing stupid, and no one gets respect hitting small foes.

When ibaka and russ walked up to metta and saw how mad he was theyre whole demenor changed. They went from rowdy rowdy to "calm down bro we jus wanna talk" lol that was hilarious

Yakuza
I was just stuck for about ten mins looking at your sig....

Anyways, I started to gain respect for world peace untill this. I cant stand him now!

Alexis Texas got back.

Yakuza
04-23-2012, 12:58 AM
When ibaka and russ walked up to metta and saw how mad he was theyre whole demenor changed. They went from rowdy rowdy to "calm down bro we jus wanna talk" lol that was hilarious

A gif of that would be priceless.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 12:59 AM
you really are an idiot. I never said the lakers are the bad guys just that moronic fans who know nothing about the game except "yeah we won 2 most amount of rings in history so im a laker fan YEAH!!!" give the lakers fan base a bad rep. I actually hate kobe but i acknowledge his greatnes so dont come at me with that ********. Everybody knows mwp was a bad guy did you not see the pacers-pistons brawl. And basically with your statement you said just because a player flops and taunts it is ok to hurt him :facepalm:. The correct thing to do when a player taunts or flops is go kobe on them like he did to win the game you idiot thats the proper way to deal with it not to be a thug.

Cause raja bell did the correct thing right? STFU...

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Not at all, far from it actually, but when you have fans defending what artest did and trying to blame harden for it, its pathetic.

What happened when Wade broke kobes nose??? In an all star game when no one plays defense he breaks his nose and people say uhh it was a hard fould. So was the artest elbow which he was provoked by harden. If artest gets suspended then every place like that should be dealt the same way.. might as well suspend wade for the year and playoffs as well.

mdm692
04-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Yea cause ur ZERO rings in god knows how many years proves otherwise right?

I hate arizona. I lived there for 4 years and saw first hand the jealousy u guys have for california. Which is why i love bashing u guys.

yeah you can ask stern and the refs why the suns have no rings is no secret. And trust me when i say this nobody is jealous of california thats one of the worst places to live its just that most of the people that come to phx are wanna be gangsters who think they can run everything until they get owned. Back to basketball and your lack of knowledge suns are 5th in all time winning % so yeah we really suck :facepalm:.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 01:02 AM
What happened when Wade broke kobes nose??? In an all star game when no one plays defense he breaks his nose and people say uhh it was a hard fould. So was the artest elbow which he was provoked by harden. If artest gets suspended then every place like that should be dealt the same way.. might as well suspend wade for the year and playoffs as well.

U cant compare those 2 plays man. Mettas elbow was alot more intentional then wades. I think wades foul was more accidental than malicious. Still a bone head foul by wade but it deff wasnt like mettas elbow

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:02 AM
A gif of that would be priceless.

I'm on it

Raps18-19 Champ
04-23-2012, 01:03 AM
I'd give it like 4 games.

NBA_Starter
04-23-2012, 01:03 AM
He should be suspended the entire playoffs, what a pathetic move.

mdm692
04-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Cause raja bell did the correct thing right? STFU...
nice to see you living in the past and therefore provide an invalid point. Just log out and go do whatever it is they do in that overcrowded dump.

UPRock
04-23-2012, 01:05 AM

So being a lock down defender means hitting small foes? You're stupid. Tell me when Harden messed with Artest? I only saw him getting nearby and Artest elbowed the **** out of him. Artest is stupid, who the **** celebrates moving your arms like a ******** person after doing a ****ing layup? Him because he sucks.

raiderNlakerfan
yeah you can ask stern and the refs why the suns have no rings is no secret. And trust me when i say this nobody is jealous of california thats one of the worst places to live its just that most of the people that come to phx are wanna be gangsters who think they can run everything until they get owned. Back to basketball and your lack of knowledge suns are 5th in all time winning % so yeah we really suck :facepalm:.

Yep like a phx fan would. Happy about regular season accomplishments.. That means nothing. U play to win championship not good regular season stats.. O rings in over 40 years of excistense is pathetic. And yea blame stern for our failures. Pfft.

JesusWears24

Stern and the Refs?? Pathetic, luke walton has more rings then the suns organization:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2012, 01:07 AM
He should be suspended for the entire playoffs...im convince Artest has mental issue!

mcyz
04-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Where was kendrick perkins? Couldnt come off the bench?

Cal827
04-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Alright, so I see the fake laker fans have made this "oh we've got more rings than your organization" argument again. :pity:

You guys are a true **** disgrace to the real Laker fans out there.. which time and time again get generalized with them unfortunately.

I think he should miss the rest of the year for the elbow. I see people are saying that Harden might have provoked him, but that would have lead to a push, not an elbow to the head. Hopefully Harden is ok.

raiderNlakerfan
nice to see you living in the past and therefore provide an invalid point. Just log out and go do whatever it is they do in that overcrowded dump.

Yea ok. Carry on watching the playoffs from ur dust bowl of a state.. Lol arizona professional sports... Ur wnba team has more rings then ur nba team bro. Ur arena football team has more rings then ur nfl team bro.. Arizona is like a spec of dust in professional sports.

UPRock

And there we see your lack of knowledge :facepalm:.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:10 AM
He should be suspended for the entire playoffs...im convince Artest has mental issue!

Hey that ****ing sig is racist you *****.

JesusWears24
So being a lock down defender means hitting small foes? You're stupid. Tell me when Harden messed with Artest? I only saw him getting nearby and Artest elbowed the **** out of him. Artest is stupid, who the **** celebrates moving your arms like a ******** person after doing a ****ing layup? Him because he sucks.

U make it seem like Artes is like Bynum to JJ barea... artest and harden are not that diffrent size wise. And i guess it does mean that since he won DPY.. and if u didnt see harden and westbrook and ibaka as well get in everyones face whenver they would hit a tough shot or block(goaltend). He had this coming... Artest can be kicked outta the league.. the lakers dont need him as much as everyone thinks. And by the way dumb*** it was a dunk!

LakersMaster24
Yeah it was a dick move, but some of you here are acting like he shot someone. Calm your boobies, gentlemen.

mdm692
04-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Yep like a phx fan would. Happy about regular season accomplishments.. That means nothing. U play to win championship not good regular season stats.. O rings in over 40 years of excistense is pathetic. And yea blame stern for our failures. Pfft.

actually includes playoffs but if thats your only argument then no point on continuing cause you clearly are just one of those "i live in la so i like the lakers cause they have rings" type of fan so you lose or credibility. Just like the other bandwagon jesuswears

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Alright, so I see the fake laker fans have made this "oh we've got more rings than your organization". :pity:

Yea im a "fake" laker fan cause im debating with a rival state's fan..

mdm692
04-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah it was a dick move, but some of you here are acting like he shot someone. Calm your boobies, gentlemen.

the real deal is some of the other homers in your fanbase bro condoning this kind of action which clearly belongs in ufc ring.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 01:13 AM
actually includes playoffs but if thats your only argument then no point on continuing cause you clearly are just one of those "i live in la so i like the lakers cause they have rings" type of fan so you lose or credibility. Just like the other bandwagon jesuswears

Hahaha yea. U exposed me bro. Dang.

Cal827
04-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Yea im a "fake" laker fan cause im debating with a rival state's fan..

I was actually referring to the other guy.. you know, the one who just joined.

Why would you note it man? I assumed that you were a real Laker fan, so I would think you know it doesn't apply to you lol

LakersMaster24
04-23-2012, 01:14 AM
the real deal is some of the other homers in your fanbase bro condoning this kind of action which clearly belongs in ufc ring.

Yeah I know what you mean. Ron did a bonehead move that will now hurt his own team even more than the Thunder. I think he should be suspended for 3-4 games. Entire playoffs is just laughable and absurd.

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 01:16 AM

I was actually referring to the other guy.. you know, the one who just joined. The fact that you got offended by this was interesting :D

I am really hoping tha you are not talking about me because i never bring up the fact that the lakers have won many championships.. This is about ron elbowing harden

raiderNlakerfan

I was actually referring to the other guy.. you know, the one who just joined.

Why would you note it man? I assumed that you were a real Laker fan, so I would think you know it doesn't apply to you lol

My bad. I thought ubwas talkin to me man. Yea i agree that jesuswears character is dumb

mdm692
Yea ok. Carry on watching the playoffs from ur dust bowl of a state.. Lol arizona professional sports... Ur wnba team has more rings then ur nba team bro. Ur arena football team has more rings then ur nfl team bro.. Arizona is like a spec of dust in professional sports.

and by the looks of it we have a better educational system too which is not saying much. DAMN!!! Its ok youre getting called out as the faker that you are hahahahah at least i got pride and respect to know im not dick riding an organization simply because of rings lol.

UPRock
04-23-2012, 01:17 AM
U make it seem like Artes is like Bynum to JJ barea... artest and harden are not that diffrent size wise. And i guess it does mean that since he won DPY.. and if u didnt see harden and westbrook and ibaka as well get in everyones face whenver they would hit a tough shot or block(goaltend). He had this coming... Artest can be kicked outta the league.. the lakers dont need him as much as everyone thinks. And by the way dumb*** it was a dunk!

You're ********, and who are they going to play? Barnes? LMAO and who the **** cares if it was a dunk or a layup, it was weak anyway.

Cal827
04-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. Ron did a bonehead move that will now hurt his own team even more than the Thunder. I think he should be suspended for 3-4 games. Entire playoffs is just laughable and absurd.

Thank You! A decent answer from a Laker fan lol :clap:

Of course I think he should be out for the year, but at least you understand that he should miss games. I'm just curious if Stern will consider Harden's injury in the suspension. A concussion could be a lengthy injury (from what I've seen in the NHL).

J4KOP99
04-23-2012, 01:18 AM

This thread is just useless at this point though.

A few Lakers fans are disagreeing with the majority and then the majority is arguing back.

-I am a Lakers fan and agree it was a ******** cheap shot. He will get suspended and deserves it. When you're artest and you have already been in a ton of trouble throughout your career, you can't make mistakes like these.

Having said that, I have seen much, much worse. Just because i'm not going to sit here and shed a tear for James Harden does not mean I am agreeing with the thought that Artest didn't mean to do this. He clearly threw a blatant elbow. He connected and now he will receive a suspension.

This thread is just one gigantic circle spinning round and round.

--Your sig is hilarious btw

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 01:20 AM
and by the looks of it we have a better educational system too which is not saying much. DAMN!!! Its ok youre getting called out as the faker that you are hahahahah at least i got pride and respect to know im not dick riding an organization simply because of rings lol.

Smh.. Ok man u win. Im a laker dick rider and ur a proud member of the phx suns who is loyal and the ultimate true fan... Good lord

LakersMaster24
04-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Thank You! A decent answer from a Laker fan lol :clap:

Of course I think he should be out for the year, but at least you understand that he should miss games. I'm just curious if Stern will consider Harden's injury in the suspension. A concussion could be a lengthy injury (from what I've seen in the NHL).

Yea, if Harden's injury forces him to miss more than 3 games that should lengthen Artests suspension. I am telling you I am mad at Ron because his absence can be really costly to us in playoffs.

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Hey that ****ing sig is racist you *****.

Cal827
04-23-2012, 01:22 AM
I am really hoping tha you are not talking about me because i never bring up the fact that the lakers have won many championships.. This is about ron elbowing harden

You mentioned before

Stern and the Refs?? Pathetic, luke walton has more rings then the suns organization:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Now, we all know that Luke Walton didn't win his titles with the Cavs lol.

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 01:23 AM

Bro but ur sigs previous quote was edgy

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 01:23 AM
You're ********, and who are they going to play? Barnes? LMAO and who the **** cares if it was a dunk or a layup, it was weak anyway.

It sounds like you are a little angry! "********"... i take offense to people who say that for such a stupid reason.. U my friend are the a pathetic pathetic human being who thinks that by using that kind of language is acceptable. :facepalm::facepalm:

And yes Barnes has been performing well along with jordan hill and Devin Ebanks

Yakuza
04-23-2012, 01:24 AM
This thread is just useless at this point though.

A few Lakers fans are disagreeing with the majority and then the majority is arguing back.

-I am a Lakers fan and agree it was a ******** cheap shot. He will get suspended and deserves it. When you're artest and you have already been in a ton of trouble throughout your career, you can't make mistakes like these.

Having said that, I have seen much, much worse. Just because i'm not going to sit here and shed a tear for James Harden does not mean I am agreeing with the thought that Artest didn't mean to do this. He clearly threw a blatant elbow. He connected and now he will receive a suspension.

This thread is just one gigantic circle spinning round and round.

--Your sig is hilarious btw

Couldnt agree more with you my brother. Great Post and it sums it up for real Laker Fans.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 01:25 AM

:facepalm::facepalm:

raiderNlakerfan
04-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Goodnight yall. Lets see what the word is tomm. Im expecting atleast 3 games

UPRock
04-23-2012, 01:28 AM
It sounds like you are a little angry! "********"... i take offense to people who say that for such a stupid reason.. U my friend are the a pathetic pathetic human being who thinks that by using that kind of language is acceptable. :facepalm::facepalm:

And yes Barnes has been performing well along with jordan hill and Devin Ebanks

LOL xDDD No way in hell Barnes is better than Artest, and Artest sucks so that tells you alot. Jordan Hill can't play SF, and Devin Ebanks is not that good either, you people are better with Artest.

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 01:28 AM
I think Harden will be out for sometime... Ron will be back second round. I think the Thunder are going to be hurt more by this.

Cal827
04-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Yea, if Harden's injury forces him to miss more than 3 games that should lengthen Artests suspension. I am telling you I am mad at Ron because his absence can be really costly to us in playoffs.

Oh I can understand that. Artest was vital to your last title. He might be enigmatic on the offensive side, but he's still pretty good defensively. With the SFs you guys are going to have to deal with (Durant, Gay, Butler, Gallo/Chandler), you really need his help.

We will see though. I also would be worried (if I was a Laker fan), that he's a repeat offender. I know it's been a long time, but this is the second serious thing that he's done. The first one was the brawl in the palace... I think the fact that this game was televised for the NBA fan population to see also doesn't help his case. Casual fans likely would remember the brawl in the palace, and knowing that the same guy did this.. .they probably would pay attention to what Stern does here. A weak penalty (like 1-2 games), might hurt the overall PR of the NBA and piss off some of the casual fans from the game. I expect him to be made an example of to be honest with you.

JesusWears24
04-23-2012, 01:31 AM
LOL xDDD No way in hell Barnes is better than Artest, and Artest sucks so that tells you alot. Jordan Hill can't play SF, and Devin Ebanks is not that good either, you people are better with Artest.

I never said Barnes is better and and i also never said that Hill plays SF.. Maybe if you would stop being a ***** and actually read what someone posts then maybe, just maybe someone might think that you have something minor to contribute to a conversation.:facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:31 AM

Why did you change it?

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 01:32 AM

:laugh2: hes says it racist, you change it, and then you facepalm him

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:32 AM
:laugh2: hes says it racist, you change it, and then you facepalm him

lol I know what a punk move

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Oh I can understand that. Artest was vital to your last title. He might be enigmatic on the offensive side, but he's still pretty good defensively. With the SFs you guys are going to have to deal with (Durant, Gay, Butler, Gallo/Chandler), you really need his help.

We will see though. I also would be worried (if I was a Laker fan), that he's a repeat offender. I know it's been a long time, but this is the second serious thing that he's done. The first one was the brawl in the palace... I think the fact that this game was televised for the NBA fan population to see also doesn't help his case. Casual fans likely would remember the brawl in the palace, and knowing that the same guy did this.. .they probably would pay attention to what Stern does here. A weak penalty (like 1-2 games), might hurt the overall PR of the NBA and piss off some of the casual fans from the game. I expect him to be made an example of to be honest with you.

same here mike breen didnt help either basically alluding to a long suspension for peace in his commentary

UPRock
04-23-2012, 01:35 AM
I never said Barnes is better and and i also never said that Hill plays SF.. Maybe if you would stop being a ***** and actually read what someone posts then maybe, just maybe someone might think that you have something minor to contribute to a conversation.:facepalm:

You said that the Lakers doesn't need him, and I was showing you WHY they need him, you're such a case.

Sinestro
Cheap shot suspend him 3-5 games and be done with it

ThunderousDemon
same here mike breen didnt help either basically alluding to a long suspensions for peace in his commentary

I swear he was acting like he was seeing baby seals being slaughtered

YouCan'tBeatLA
04-23-2012, 01:38 AM

Well, no ****, Sherlock. He's a PF/C. And Artest and Barnes have been averaging 16+ and 10+ ppg for the last 10 games, respectively. :facepalm:

shep33
04-23-2012, 01:40 AM
5 games, more if Harden is seriously hurt

Baller1
04-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Not one person has attempted to justify it and/or downplay it other than Laker fans. What a ****ing joke.

Set aside the bias and realize how pathetic that was by Artest.

ZebraCity916
04-23-2012, 01:41 AM
World Peace??

What a joke. :facepalm:

Baller1
04-23-2012, 01:41 AM
5 games, more if Harden is seriously hurt

That's exactly what I think it will be... 3-7 games, unless Harden is out for any time during the playoffs. Then extend it past however long Harden is out.

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 01:43 AM
i dont know how much hardens injury will impact the decision, im guessing that the league will discipline ron tomorrow, so unless the thunder come out and say something by tomorrow there wont a judgement on his suspension based on the extent of the injury

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2012, 01:45 AM
lol I know what a punk move

:facepalm: man shut up before I elbow you as if I were celebrating a dunk over Durant

mjt20mik
04-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Well, no ****, Sherlock. He's a PF/C. And Artest and Barnes have been averaging 16+ and 10+ ppg for the last 10 games, respectively. :facepalm:

That's a pretty dope sig.

Baller1
04-23-2012, 01:46 AM
i dont know how much hardens injury will impact the decision, im guessing that the league will discipline ron tomorrow, so unless the thunder come out and say something by tomorrow there wont a judgement on his suspension based on the extent of the injury

You really set that as your ****ing sig? My god, how old are you?

PurpleJesus
04-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Since he has no history of these type of things, I say just fine him 10K.

Does anyone have a link to this? the OP one got removed.

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 01:47 AM
:facepalm: man shut up before I elbow you as if I were celebrating a dunk of Durant

U Mad?

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:49 AM
:facepalm: man shut up before I elbow you as if I were celebrating a dunk over Durant

Umad you racist

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 01:49 AM
You really set that as your ****ing sig? My god, how old are you?

prolly older than you

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2012, 01:51 AM
U Mad?

Not really....Laker fans will when Artest starts missing games in the playoffs!

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:53 AM
If people have taken such a big offense to what psycho ron did, then get on a plane to LA, find out where Ron lives and go confront him. You people are so mad about something you have no control over and about a complete stranger. You think Harden would get so riled up if he saw a video of you getting elbowed to the temple, HELL TO THE NO. Get over it already Jesus Christ. I don't care about any basketball and you shouldn't either unless they're your friend or family member, if not then STFU you groupie

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 01:53 AM

whatever time artest misses he deserves it unless its something outrageous like the entire the playoffs i wont be mad, barnes/ebanks will play well enough to get the lakers past the first round.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:54 AM

I want to know why you changed your original quote?

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Umad you racist

Im black:shrug:

Tragedy
04-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Really, what can be said? Its Ron Artest. The man is a complete and utter moron and has been since he's been in the league.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Im black:shrug:

Self hating Black person, now I have seen it all :pity:

You should have known that putting,"Planet of the Apes", as your original quote would be indicative of how some racist trash perceive black people.

ThunderousDemon
04-23-2012, 01:57 AM
really, what can be said? Its ron artest. The man is a complete and utter moron and has been since he's been in the league.

rofl

soonabooma
04-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Harden instigated it. The refs were letting OKC get away with physical play and it was only a matter of time before Metta World, Barnes, or Bynum hit back. How did Harden's clown *** get hit in the side of the face but grab the top of his head in agony? :laugh:

There's a big difference in physical play and cheapshots. That was clearly a cheapshot. And OKC is the wrong team to do that to, because we're definitely a better team than the Lakers and our guys never forget anything. I don't expect we'll see them again until next year, but either way....the next time we play em you can be sure Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka will make sure artest needs ice packs after the game. He'll wish he'd never pulled that crap after a meaningless little dunk. He'll look back and say "damn, it definitely wasn't worth it."

Baller1
prolly older than you

If true, that's pretty pathetic on your part.

raidersrock99
artest is a ret-ard

KB24PG16
04-23-2012, 02:10 AM
If true, that's pretty pathetic on your part.

i will take your criticism without trying to bash you like everyone else has done while responding to other people's comments in this thread.

Baller1
04-23-2012, 02:11 AM
i will take your criticism without trying to bash you like everyone else has done while responding to other people's comments in this thread.

I just think it's pretty ridiculous that you're basically condoning what Artest did today.