PDA

View Full Version : Does Melo have a Rose-like case with refs?

NYSpirit1
04-22-2012, 03:42 PM
As a Knicks fan, I've seen just about every game this season. And while you see a lot of stars like LeBron, Kobe, Wade, etc. get foul calls, Melo, like Rose, absolutely does not.

It's kind of ridiculous. Melo shot 14-32 for 39 today, but should have had at least 45, because 4 or 5 of those misses were blatant foul calls. One sequence he got hacked like 3 times by Joe Johnson on the same play and it counted as a missed shot. And this is a consistent thing that happens every game, especially inside. Melo never gets the calls and I'm not quite sure why.

raiderposting
04-22-2012, 03:44 PM
As a Knicks fan, I've seen just about every game this season. And while you see a lot of stars like LeBron, Kobe, Wade, etc. get foul calls, Melo, like Rose, absolutely does not.

It's kind of ridiculous. Melo shot 14-32 for 39 today, but should have had at least 45, because 4 or 5 of those misses were blatant foul calls. One sequence he got hacked like 3 times by Joe Johnson on the same play and it counted as a missed shot. And this is a consistent thing that happens every game, especially inside. Melo never gets the calls and I'm not quite sure why.

he also gets away with a ton of calls a game.

pd1dish
04-22-2012, 03:46 PM
if you go up strong with the ball and take the hit, its a no call. if you flop and act like you were just hit with a buckshot, then you get the call. simple as that...

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 03:46 PM
I feel like he does to some degree, but then I remember how many more mid range shots he takes rather than looking for the foul AND the amount of times he pushes defenders off of him and I don't care that much anymore.

I will say that I enjoy watching Melo play more than guys like Wade or Westbrook who go more with the "bull in the China shop" approach where they just do anything to get to the line. However, statistically, Wade or Westbrook's approach is far more successful. The only time I'd prefer Melo's approach is in a close game when refs tend to swallow their whistles more.

meloman1592
04-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Melo is the only superstar that doesn't get phantom calls

Beltrans Mole
04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Did anyone else hear Dorris Burke say the word "rape" on TV after Melo's no-call foul? I can't believe she did that.

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
maybe Melo should take it to the rack more, instead of continuing to develop the reputation of avoiding contact...

29$JerZ
04-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Today was a classic example of this being true.
It really does seem like once you come to NY the refs swallow the whistle a bit more compared to when you were on a different team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-22-2012, 03:59 PM
sure

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Today was a classic example of this being true.
It really does seem like once you come to NY the refs swallow the whistle a bit more compared to when you were on a different team.

That's just nonsense.

While I can agree that Melo hasn't gotten as many calls as most stars, this has been a complaint since his Denver days.

ShadyOne
04-22-2012, 04:01 PM
maybe Melo should take it to the rack more, instead of continuing to develop the reputation of avoiding contact...

Honestly, is that his reputation? I've never heard that said about him..

And I've really never seen him shy away from contact, either. Works hard on the boards, and takes it inside strong. And when a big part of your game is a mid-range J, what does that have to do with contact? Does he not "shoot a strong enough jumper?"

Would agree with others on this thread, he rarely gets calls when he is around the basket, as he pretty much just takes it right up, and looks to go after the ball for a second shot. Doesn't usually yell or flail around looking for a call.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 04:02 PM
I have never seen a player get away with more offensive fouls using his off hand than melo. Pretty much every time he puts the ball on the floor just take a look at his off hand.

Also. in the playoffs, you cant expect them to call every tick tack foul. No coincidence that amare comes back and the last 2 games melo fg% takes a drop. he was like 50% before stat came back, last 2 games it was around 40%. These next 2 games for NY will be interesting to see what woodson does.

ayuntalo
04-22-2012, 04:03 PM

really?? his a brute down there.
his game is not finesse at all. he likes to bully his way to the rim

xxplayerxx23
04-22-2012, 04:04 PM
no more knick threads till playoffs please.

Beltrans Mole
I have never seen a player get away with more offensive fouls using his off hand than melo. Pretty much every time he puts the ball on the floor just take a look at his off hand.

Yeah that's called getting separation and you're crazy if you think tons of NBA stars don't do the same when creating their own shot...

SportsFanatic10
no neither one of them have a case.

xxplayerxx23
04-22-2012, 04:06 PM

i disagree he goes down in the post and gets hammered but he gets his calls just like a lot, no he doesnt get wade lebron type calls but he gets plenty

ShadyOne
04-22-2012, 04:06 PM

He does it some, sure, just like pretty much every other player in the league. Especially guys that like the mid-range shot. Want to see someone else do it, go watch Paul Pierce, just off the top of my head..

I agree, I don't like it. But tell the league to call it on everyone. Pretty much the only time they call it, is when there is blatant extension. They also aren't supposed to allow the defensive man to hand-check, or grab his man/jersey, but they always allow it. If one guy is allowed to grab, the other guy has to get free, right?

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Honestly, is that his reputation? I've never heard that said about him..

And I've really never seen him shy away from contact, either. Works hard on the boards, and takes it inside strong. And when a big part of your game is a mid-range J, what does that have to do with contact? Does he not "shoot a strong enough jumper?"

Would agree with others on this thread, he rarely gets calls when he is around the basket, as he pretty much just takes it right up, and looks to go after the ball for a second shot. Doesn't usually yell or flail around looking for a call.

He doesn't look for contact at all. There is a difference between taking it hard, and charging the rim FORCING the refs to blow the whistle, which is what Bron, Wade, or Love do for instance. He has never gotten a lot of calls, because he uses a series of pull ups, fades, and just doesn't really force the ref to make a call. Once the refs get used to you playing that way, they are going to miss some calls. Just like once the refs get used to you coming into the lane 100 mph looking for the pile, they are ready to blow that whistle at the slightest contact.

As pansy as it is, the flailing and screaming works. It really does.

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah that's called getting separation and you're crazy if you think tons of NBA stars don't do the same when creating their own shot...

No, that would be called an offensive foul. Sure, many stars do it; Melo does it significantly more than most stars.

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
i disagree he goes down in the post and gets hammered but he gets his calls just like a lot, no he doesnt get wade lebron type calls but he gets plenty

Of course he gets plenty. The OP is wondering why he doesn't get the amount of calls some other stars get however, and my post above explains why.

NYKnicks4511
04-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Did anyone else hear Dorris Burke say the word "rape" on TV after Melo's no-call foul? I can't believe she did that.

Dude, first of all stop being a puss. Second of all, she said 'rake,' as in 'he got raked across both arms by Joe Johnson' ;)

Chronz
04-22-2012, 04:10 PM
I thought he used to get to the line, could be wrong but the guy is a brute and refs allow alot of punishment the other way. Also wasnt Shumpert handchecking the hell out of JJ on the last play?

bucketss
04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Melo is the only superstar that doesn't get phantom calls

idk how much people actually consider melo a superstar

Beltrans Mole
04-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Dude, first of all stop being a puss. Second of all, she said 'rake,' as in 'he got raked across both arms by Joe Johnson' ;)

How is that being a puss? I wasn't saying that it was wrong, I was just merely pointing out that she said that on live TV...you never hear that from a commentator. And I rewinded it three or four times and it sounded like she said rape, not rake.

raiderfaninTX
04-22-2012, 04:27 PM

Dude, first of all stop being a puss. Second of all, she said 'NYKnicks4511 likes little boys,' as in 'NYKnicks4511 likes little boys'

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 04:28 PM
:laugh2:

naps
04-22-2012, 04:34 PM
NO, he's too soft. He settles for jumpers most of the time. He is too scared to sacrifice his body like LeBron or Durant or others.

AI
04-22-2012, 04:38 PM

It's always the same poster, don't hold all Knick fans accountable.

NY007
04-22-2012, 04:43 PM

How bout you know what your talking about and realize that Melo takes the ball to the rim a lot and get's hacked a lot and doesn't get calls at all.

naps
04-22-2012, 04:46 PM

He makes one everyday. He probably has threads to posts ratio of 1:1.

goNYgoNYgo
04-22-2012, 04:51 PM
NO, he's too soft. He settles for jumpers most of the time. He is too scared to sacrifice his body like LeBron or Durant or others.

lmao, you guys calling melo soft?

don't they mention the word bully 4 or 5 times a games when commentating on melo.

and he should give up his game so he can jump into crowds of ppl to get calls? he don't play that ***** ball where he lets the refs control the game. and unlike lebron, he actually has skills to shoot the ball.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM
I was surprised that the announcers actually brought up that he doesnt get many calls a la Rose. He doesnt go as hard to the rim and act like he gets shot like Wade and other guys, so he definitely isnt gonna get the calls that other stars get. Also, Melo is not soft at all.

bucketss
04-22-2012, 05:03 PM
lmao, you guys calling melo soft?

don't they mention the word bully 4 or 5 times a games when commentating on melo.

and he should give up his game so he can jump into crowds of ppl to get calls? he don't play that ***** ball where he lets the refs control the game. and unlike lebron, he actually has skills to shoot the ball.

ok than can you explain why lebron is shooting better % on jumpshots than melo?

jimm120
04-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I was surprised that the announcers actually brought up that he doesnt get many calls a la Rose. He doesnt go as hard to the rim and act like he gets shot like Wade and other guys, so he definitely isnt gonna get the calls that other stars get. Also, Melo is not soft at all.

I think that's the main thing. He doesn't ACT enough when driving in. He'll go in and attempt to get the rebound off the miss if he's fouled.

Many other stars will instead throw their hands up and flail them around to show that they got fouled.

Still, the refs have GOT to see the contact.

And some people are right. He takes more jumpers than some other stars. But 1/3 of his game is still driving. 1/5 is posting up and the rest is jump shots.

Ppl saying he's soft dint seem to see when he plays "bully ball"

ball4reel
04-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Hope we can keep the knicks threads in the knick forum..

PlezPlayDKnicks
04-22-2012, 05:16 PM

Soft u say... Clearly u don't watch Knick games

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 05:20 PM

would be nice

Evolution23
04-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Melo sucks all he does is drop 39 in an important game. Trade him and Amare and build around Lin and Fields.

ball4reel
04-22-2012, 05:22 PM
would be nice

would not matter to you, you would just come in the Knick forum and comment :rolleyes:

PleaseBeNice
04-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Just cuz he's melo doesnt mean he's more deserving of a call than nick collison. Shut up

D-Leethal
04-22-2012, 05:34 PM

Also. in the playoffs, you cant expect them to call every tick tack foul. No coincidence that amare comes back and the last 2 games melo fg% takes a drop. he was like 50% before stat came back, last 2 games it was around 40%. These next 2 games for NY will be interesting to see what woodson does.

Jeff Van Gundy has pointed out numerous times during games how well Melo uses his off hand to protect his shot....just cause your hand is out there doesn't mean its always a push off.

jimm120
04-22-2012, 05:41 PM

This isn't just a Knicks thread, though. It's about the type of calls different players get during the game and how or why.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 05:43 PM
lebron attempts 1 more free throw attempt a game
wade attempts less free throw attempts...

if melo attacked the rim more, he would probably get more calls

Rndy
04-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Melo settles for a lot more jumpers as well though. He gets away with a lot of push offs so I don't really see how anyone can complain.

RonE Coleman
04-22-2012, 06:16 PM

he missed 3 wide open layups at the beginning of the game... he would have shot 17-32 had he not missed them (over 50%)

NY007
04-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Melo settles for a lot more jumpers as well though. He gets away with a lot of push offs so I don't really see how anyone can complain.

Lolol Melo doesn't push off, never part of his game.

jim51990
04-22-2012, 06:44 PM
neither do
melo has less considering he gets away with an offense foul on every one of his drives (take a look at his elbow wrap around)
so please close this nonsense

Green_Monster
04-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Melo doesn't drive to the basket a lot...

And Rose gets plenty of calls...

Sactown
04-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Can't tell if it's sarcasm or serious?

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 07:00 PM

:facepalm:

JEDean89
04-22-2012, 07:01 PM
fortunately for us, we have a free throw attempts per game stat that illustrates very clearly how often players get to the line. melo gets there 6.7 x a game, good enough for 7th highest in the league, all of whom which are above him are superstars. how one is 7th best at getting to the line in the league, and is soft, avoids contact, and not given superstar treatment is beyond me. rose is 9th and wade is 12th. pretty much people not paying attention to facts and seeing what they want to see. i never hear people complain when they get the calls, game threads are filled with ref bashing.

GiantsSwaGG
04-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Why everytime I come on here, there's a thread about the Knicks....it's like certain knicks fans don't get the point....yes he doesn't get the calls alot of superstars do, but SO WHAT...WE WON THE GAME. ENJOY IT!!!

NY007
04-22-2012, 07:32 PM
It actually amazes me how much everyone hates the Knicks and Melo, yea that includes the fans and refs.

Raph12
04-22-2012, 07:50 PM

Melo takes more contact than most guys, I think that's why they let more go against him, because he wants to take it into the body and with all of the contact he initiates, they just let them play... I was very surprised on a play when JJ hacked him clearly on the forearms and nothing was called besides "out-of-bounds".

Blitzace137
04-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Melo sucks all he does is drop 39 in an important game. Trade him and Amare and build around Lin and Fields.

Stop being a HOMER :facepalm:

NY007
04-22-2012, 08:00 PM
What people also don't understand is that Melo is a big guy and he doesn't just flop and go flying when he gets fouled. It's actually funny but ******** when he goes to the basket gets hacked and his headband is down to his nose but doesn't get the call.

If you breath on Durant, Wade, Lebron etc they get a foul call.

NY007
04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
The conclusion I've come to is the Knicks never have and or will get the calls.

DR_1
04-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Just cuz he's melo doesnt mean he's more deserving of a call than nick collison. Shut up

That's how the game should be called, but unfortunately it's not getting called that way. So in this situation I agree (gasp) with the Knicks fans.

bucketss
04-22-2012, 08:11 PM
What people also don't understand is that Melo is a big guy and he doesn't just flop and go flying when he gets fouled. It's actually funny but ******** when he goes to the basket gets hacked and his headband is down to his nose but doesn't get the call.

If you breath on Durant, Wade, Lebron etc they get a foul call.

melo is avg more fta than wade though? isnt melo top 7 in the league in fta why is everyone acting like he doesnt get calls.

naps
04-22-2012, 08:11 PM
unlike lebron, he actually has skills to shoot the ball.

Oh yea, then why does LeBron has better percentage from jumpers?

Raph12
04-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh yea, then why does LeBron has better percentage from jumpers?

They give him more space to guard the drive, there is no question Melo is the better shooter; but Lebron is still a better scorer.

xxcubs22xx
04-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Melo travels in the paint the most out of any star I've ever seen.

That being said, he shouldn't be getting some calls based on the way he gets away with traveling.

TeamSeattle
04-22-2012, 09:35 PM

That's why she is one of my favorites; she holds no punches.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 09:40 PM
i love dorris

YashBoone
04-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Melo travels in the paint the most out of any star I've ever seen.

That being said, he shouldn't be getting some calls based on the way he gets away with traveling.

Lmao that's the most absurd statement I've ever heard.... I'm a knick fan but I try not to be biased here, and I have to disagree 100%....

Lebron wade rose westbrooke..... These guys are always traveling and get away with it so much. Especially wade and Lebron.

Funny **** is that it even happened in one of those slow mo nba commercials. Lebron is running the break with train noises playing, and I swear he travels .

sledge_mylez
04-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Melo is a punk and get's no respect from refs.. Dude sucker punched a member of the NBA fraternity and then ran like the puss that he is.. refs and real men don't respect that..

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:26 PM
knicks fans should just be grateful the refs let him get away with using his off hand as much as he does. Dude could probably be called for an offensive foul each time he puts the ball on the floor.

Shammyguy3
04-23-2012, 04:41 AM
They give him more space to guard the drive, there is no question Melo is the better shooter; but Lebron is still a better scorer.

Wrong, Lebron's easily the better shooter. Lebron's mechanics on his shooting form just isn't as "pretty" as Melo's is.

Raph12
04-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Wrong, Lebron's easily the better shooter. Lebron's mechanics on his shooting form just isn't as "pretty" as Melo's is.

Give anyone 3+ feet of space in the NBA and they'd be shooting the ball well also... There is a 5% difference in Lebron's favor from 10-15 and 16-23, but given the defense (they guard Lebron for the drive, giving him the jumper), I'd go with Melo all-day, every-day if they were wide open.

naps
04-23-2012, 05:15 AM

May be this is partially true even though I honestly don't see people giving LeBron that much space you are pointing to but I don't agree this being the only reason of LeBron's higher percentage. LeBron is a terrific jump shooter and possibly better than Melo. Numbers in this case can't lie. His jumpers are just not as pretty or eye-catching as Melo's.

Anyway, I quoted that guy because he said LeBron has no shooting skills.

Give anyone 3+ feet of space in the NBA and they'd be shooting the ball well also... There is a 5% difference in Lebron's favor from 10-15 and 16-23, but given the defense (they guard Lebron for the drive, giving him the jumper), I'd go with Melo all-day, every-day if they were wide open.

Well, I don't see people giving him 3 feet space often as I already mentioned. Most of his jumpers are well-contested and step-back fadeways.
And for that bolded part, no one in NBA stays wide open except may be for a few of possessions, specially not the superstar players. What's the point of having a good jumper if you can't use it efficiently and effectively in actual games when it matters anyway? Let's put it this way, LeBron uses his jumpers better than Melo in games, at least that's what the numbers suggest.

Fnom11
04-23-2012, 05:16 AM
We are definitely setting some world records for how many bad Knick related threads we can have in a few days worth of time.

Knicks21
04-23-2012, 05:59 AM
We are definitely setting some world records for how many bad Knick related threads we can have in a few days worth of time.

Why is this reflected on the fan base? They are all from the same guy.

NY007
04-23-2012, 06:48 AM
knicks fans should just be grateful the refs let him get away with using his off hand as much as he does. Dude could probably be called for an offensive foul each time he puts the ball on the floor.

You should really let go of the hate you have for Anthony and stop trolling thru the Knicks forum.

freedas
04-23-2012, 08:02 AM
would not matter to you, you would just come in the Knick forum and comment :rolleyes:

lol :rimshot:

freedas
04-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Melo goes to the rim hard all the time gets his own rebound and goes back up with it. He bags all the time never plays soft, I dont understand why some posters say he soft. Obviously dont watch knick games.

ChitownSports16
04-23-2012, 08:17 AM

Haha agree!!!

OP listen to your own fans!!!

mdm692
04-23-2012, 08:59 AM

not taking shots at you or anything but d-wade uses his leg alot when he fades away to create separation by kicking off the defender. But yeah melo does get hit alot more and rarely gets it called. Blake griffin pushes off whenever he dunks lol.

Fnom11
04-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Why is this reflected on the fan base? They are all from the same guy.

I didn't even bash a fan base. I just said there's a lot of bad Knick related threads lately.

theheatles
04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
no players get less calls for the amount of contact they take than dwight and LeBron

NY007
04-23-2012, 09:25 AM
not taking shots at you or anything but d-wade uses his leg alot when he fades away to create separation by kicking off the defender. But yeah melo does get hit alot more and rarely gets it called. Blake griffin pushes off whenever he dunks lol.

And Leron uses his shoulder and goes right into the defender to push his defender back and off balance, wich obviously is a foul then some how if a defender breaths on him it's a foul.

Fnom11
04-23-2012, 09:26 AM
And Leron uses his shoulder and goes right into the defender to push his defender back and off balance, wich obviously is a foul then some how if a defender breaths on him it's a foul.

Unreal

mdm692
04-23-2012, 09:28 AM

he should be in the nfl lol.

lvlheaded
04-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Melo doesnt get as many calls cause he goes so strong to the rim. You need to flop to get calls in the league today. Its the same reason LeBron and Dwight don't get as many calls as other stars. They are so physical going to the rack

NY007
04-23-2012, 09:31 AM
no players get less calls for the amount of contact they take than dwight and LeBron

Your right about Howard but that's a joke of a statement about Lebron, c'mon everyone other then heat fans know that wade and Lebron get a ton of calls and they're go to moves are both offensive fouls. Lebrons shoulder move and wades kick.

It's one thing to be a homer but you either don't know the game for squat or are blind.

BklynKnicks3
04-23-2012, 09:35 AM
melo gets hit almost every play its sickning

NY007
04-23-2012, 09:36 AM
It also amazes me how teams just let Durant and Nowitzki set position, they don't touch him. When Melo sets position players hang all over him and body check the hell out of him.

Westbrook is another one, every time the ****er drives he gets a call.. It's unreal.

And this is coming from someone who loves dirk and I like Durant, I like Westbrook too just think he's very over rated

NY007
04-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Melo doesnt get as many calls cause he goes so strong to the rim. You need to flop to get calls in the league today. Its the same reason LeBron and Dwight don't get as many calls as other stars. They are so physical going to the rack

Your right about Howard and Melo but that's not the case with Lebron, not only does he gets calls but watch how he uses his shoulder to knock his defenders off balance and he travels a lot, constantly moves his pivot foot. He's the nba's baby.

Rentzias
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM

I'm no fan of the Knicks or Melo, but I absolutely felt the same way when he was playing here in Denver.

NY007
04-23-2012, 09:42 AM
he should be in the nfl lol.

Lol yea basically

meloman1592
04-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Melo and Dwight are the 2 players I feel get the short end of the stick when it comes to the refs. People abuse them and it never gets called. As for Lebron, he gets hit a lot too but with the amount of times he travels, it evens out.

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Yes Melo and Rose go to the rim as much as the other pansies but the only thing is that they go up for the offensive rebound instead of crying for the foul. I dont know if someone already posted that but i just cant read through all the crap that usually comes with a melo thread. Soon all you stat geeks and non-believers will learn, Melo taking over the league!!

nycericanguy
04-23-2012, 10:37 AM
I never like complaining about the refs, he did get hacked a TON yesterday, more so than usual, he probably should have had close to 50. The Joe Johnson no call hack was ridiculous, he literally got blatantly fouled 3 straight times and the refs didnt call it. Maybe they were trying to let them play... all in all though I don't think its a big issue.

NY007
04-23-2012, 11:22 AM
I never like complaining about the refs, he did get hacked a TON yesterday, more so than usual, he probably should have had close to 50. The Joe Johnson no call hack was ridiculous, he literally got blatantly fouled 3 straight times and the refs didnt call it. Maybe they were trying to let them play... all in all though I don't think its a big issue.

Wether you let them play or not a foul is a foul specially when you get hacked like Melo did. As far as Atl goes all they did was take outside shots and 3's all game so it's hard to say if it went both ways.

GiantsSwaGG
04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
D Rose charges every play

D Wade kicks his legs out almost every play

Paul Pierce shoves his defender for his pull up jump almost every play...

bucketss
04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Yes Melo and Rose go to the rim as much as the other pansies but the only thing is that they go up for the offensive rebound instead of crying for the foul. I dont know if someone already posted that but i just cant read through all the crap that usually comes with a melo thread. Soon all you stat geeks and non-believers will learn, Melo taking over the league!!

rose does but melo does not go to the rim like wade, lebron do wtf he settles for long twos

NY007
04-23-2012, 11:26 AM
And again it really does sicken me how Melo has guys hanging all over him every time he try's to set position. Meanwhile teams just let Dirk and Durant just set up wherever they want. How the **** does that happen?

NY007
04-23-2012, 11:27 AM
rose does but melo does not go to the rim like wade, lebron do wtf he settles for long twos

Hahaha have you ever watched a Knick game?

bucketss
04-23-2012, 11:28 AM

btw i heard you said melo is the next michael jordan lol

NY007
04-23-2012, 11:29 AM
D Rose charges every play

D Wade kicks his legs out almost every play

Paul Pierce shoves his defender for his pull up jump almost every play...

Lets not forget how Garnett sets moving screens and sticks out his legs and trips guys, right in front of the refs but they don't see it lol

NY007
04-23-2012, 11:31 AM

Stop trolling

bucketss
04-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Hahaha have you ever watched a Knick game?

just looked at his at rim stats he does go to the basket good amount of time and is shooting a good percentage.

bucketss
04-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Stop trolling

he said though saw it on some guys signature

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 12:02 PM

yes i did, and you can also quote me on that...:) His game is built for the long haul, and his defense is now getting so much better under Woodson. You can laugh at me now because it doesn't sound realistic because espn doesnt give him hes due but ill have the last laugh. I will be pulling all these threads throughout the summer...

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 12:04 PM

Yeah i told him to put it on his sig, and you can as well i know my hoops and know what players can do. Melo and the knicks are a destined team to win the chip this year.

NY007
04-23-2012, 12:05 PM

Well yea that's just flat out ********, it's fans like that makes us knick fans who know the game inside and out look bad.

NY007
04-23-2012, 12:07 PM
yes i did, and you can also quote me on that...:) His game is built for the long haul, and his defense is now getting so much better under Woodson. You can laugh at me now because it doesn't sound realistic because espn doesnt give him hes due but ill have the last laugh. I will be pulling all these threads throughout the summer...

Please stop :facepalm:

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 12:14 PM

Yeah i told him to put it on his sig, and you can as well i know my hoops and know what players can do. Melo and the knicks are a destined team to win the chip this year.

NYKnicks4511
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Dude, first of all stop being a puss. Second of all, she said 'NYKnicks4511 likes little boys,' as in 'NYKnicks4511 likes little boys'

I only go for little raider fans in Texas. Plzdntjudge

PleaseBeNice
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Knicks lakers heat knicks knicks knicks derrick rose heat lbj rose melo amare lin tyson knicks rose wade

bucketss
04-23-2012, 01:11 PM

what can melo possibly do from now till the summer that would convince anyone hes the next mj lol pulling these threads in the summer would just remind people how insane you really are

DenButsu
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Setting aside that I don't even think Rose has a Rose-like case with the refs...

No.

Melo gets to the line plenty, and many of the times when he complains about not getting calls, he was barreling out of control into the paint. He gets a lot of offensive foul calls, but rightfully so.

Sorry, but when you're top 10 (7th in Melo's case) in the league in free throw attempts, you don't get to whine about the whistle.

NY007
04-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Setting aside that I don't even think Rose has a Rose-like case with the refs...

No.

Melo gets to the line plenty, and many of the times when he complains about not getting calls, he was barreling out of control into the paint. He gets a lot of offensive foul calls, but rightfully so.

Sorry, but when you're top 10 (7th in Melo's case) in the league in free throw attempts, you don't get to whine about the whistle.

Hahaha how bout actually watching the Knicks instead of talking out of your ***. Melo always has control going to the basket and very rarely gets offensive foul calls. And yea you do get to ***** cause he gets hacked way too much and it doesn't get called.

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 02:51 PM

your gonna look so good with that knicks sig, now that will be funny!!:D

kingjaymes23
04-23-2012, 02:56 PM
It's crazy to think that a guy gets to the line almost 10 times in a game and the fans still complain he didn't get enough calls, especially when Anthony tends to shoot more than drive to the basket.

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Well yea that's just flat out ********, it's fans like that makes us knick fans who know the game inside and out look bad.

feel free to put my quote as your sig and i question your knowledge of the game if you cant see it....as a matter of fact you can have this as your post instead and we can see who is right at the end of the finals...

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
your gonna look so good with that knicks sig, now that will be funny!!:D

I just hope your actually around after the heat knock your knicks out.:cool:

NY007
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
feel free to put my quote as your sig and i question your knowledge of the game if you cant see it....as a matter of fact you can have this as your post instead and we can see who is right at the end of the finals...

Even IF we win the finals, Melo is not MJ.. C'mon man

And what the hell are you smoking man, I'm a huge Melo fan but this is just silly.

Go ahead and question my knowledge, Idc. I question your sanity

NY007
04-23-2012, 03:15 PM

Your just as bad as him, you come in the Knicks forum trolling and baiting with your hate for Melo.

meloman1592
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I love melo but next jordan????? Who said that?

smith&wesson
04-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Flopping has taken over the league. if you dont do it you dont get calls. i.e blake griffen .

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Like i said before, i will be here clowning on you just like the mavs fans did you last year. Stick around psd though its going to be tough for you with all the comments you have had towards everybody in here. Its going to be fun!!!:p

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Like i said before, i will be here clowning on you just like the mavs fans did you last year. Stick around psd though its going to be tough for you with all the comments you have had towards everybody in here. Its going to be fun!!!:p

I have a feeling after your knicks get knocked out you will be nowhere to be seen for weeks

NY007
04-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Flopping has taken over the league. if you dont do it you dont get calls. i.e blake griffen .

Yup, I can't stand Griffin. I hope players keep going at him, you want to try to posterize people then be mr stare down? He's lucky he didn't play in the 90's or before cause both of his knees would have been shattered by now cause players back then didn't take that ****.

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Even IF we win the finals, Melo is not MJ.. C'mon man

And what the hell are you smoking man, I'm a huge Melo fan but this is just silly.

Go ahead and question my knowledge, Idc. I question your sanity

Question my sanity bro, ive being a knick fan since 89 and being a basketball fan longer than that and i can tell you be ready to jump on the melo bandwagon. The knicks have never had a better player than Melo peroid, I judge players on how the game they have can transcend in the latter years. Melo has the post up game to take any sg or sf with ease, his outside game lets him take pf to the outside and then either drive or shoot his jumper. His aggresiveness for offensive rebounds is also great. His offensive game can rival any player as of now or the past, that was never the problem. His only weakness was being lazy on the defensive side and now Woodson looks to have fixed that.

For the next eight years Melo will become better and better as his oppenants will either lose speed and athlesism while Melos skill will only get better. Skill always wins, Jordan, Bird, Kobe, the Dream, Magic all had the skill to overcome the Human Highlight film, Kemp, Mailman, Barkley, etc players that had speed or strenghth but lacked the mental toughness or skill the others had.

InRoseWeTrust
04-23-2012, 04:58 PM
As a Bulls fan, I'm OK with Rose not getting the calls so long as no one else gets them (I'm looking at you Wade). All I want is consistency. If Rose is going to get hammered like he does roughly 90% of the time he drives the ball, he needs to get the calls that Wade gets game after game.

InRoseWeTrust
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
For the next eight years Melo will become better and better as his oppenants will either lose speed and athlesism while Melos skill will only get better. Skill always wins, Jordan, Bird, Kobe, the Dream, Magic all had the skill to overcome the Human Highlight film, Kemp, Mailman, Barkley, etc players that had speed or strenghth but lacked the mental toughness or skill the others had.

What's Melo, 27? There is no way he is going to continue to improve until the age of 35. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're seeing the guy in what is likely the start of his prime right now. Sure, he could improve a little - and I'm not ruling that out. And yes, given his style of play I wouldn't be surprised to see him last a little longer than the average star. But to say he's going to improve for the next 8 years is a little far fetched.

JEDean89
04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Melo and Dwight are the 2 players I feel get the short end of the stick when it comes to the refs. People abuse them and it never gets called. As for Lebron, he gets hit a lot too but with the amount of times he travels, it evens out.

you sir, see only what you want to see and ignore all the facts that are thrown in your face. so let me throw a little more at ya.

DWIGHT HOWARD SHOOTS TWO MORE FT'S A GAME THAN ANYONE IN THE LEAGUE AND HE GETS THE SHORT END OF THE STICK?

MELO SHOOTS THE 7TH, WTF ARE YOU MISSING?

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I have a feeling after your knicks get knocked out you will be nowhere to be seen for weeks

Like i said making you wear a sig for two weeks will give me and most of psd great satisfaction. You act like your team is unbeatable once again and go all over the place trolling. I really want you to stick around, and ive being a poster for a while i can take being wrong when someone can prove me wrong. The more people against me the better i only type what i know not what i hope...:cool:

NY007
04-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Question my sanity bro, ive being a knick fan since 89 and being a basketball fan longer than that and i can tell you be ready to jump on the melo bandwagon. The knicks have never had a better player than Melo peroid, I judge players on how the game they have can transcend in the latter years. Melo has the post up game to take any sg or sf with ease, his outside game lets him take pf to the outside and then either drive or shoot his jumper. His aggresiveness for offensive rebounds is also great. His offensive game can rival any player as of now or the past, that was never the problem. His only weakness was being lazy on the defensive side and now Woodson looks to have fixed that.

Ok buddy lol, I've been a Knick fan since 85 and obviously my username and avatar is dedicated to Melo so that's bs. I'm already a huge fan.

still a fan
04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
I will say this:

I never complain about the ref's and get annoyed at our posters who focus on it each and every game, why? They usually even out, but fans never complain or focus when their team gets the call, the bad calls stick in their head and the good ones are suppose to happen?

With that said I would like to say now watching Melo every game, I never knew this guy was so strong and tough, he shy's away from nobody and nothing, not sure why that was said?

He is a beast underneath and his strength makes ref's not blow the damn whistle.

I mean Joe Johnson didn't just foul Melo he was holding him, grabbing him then Melo still got free and then he smacked him across both arms and still no call?

Then Melo just blurting out one yell about it after the second time it happened gets the quick technical?

The NBA needs to look at this and not just for Melo, if its happening so flagrantly with others like Rose, it has to stop, because its ruining the game and almost cost the Knicks the game they should have controlled if not for the one sided calls against Melo.

Its not just the Atlanta game but that was so obvious when all announcers and all the fans are seeing it?

But as far as overall I do feel it evens out most of the time.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
How about every time melo pushes off with his off hand and it's never called? No one does it more than melo.

You can't have it both ways. Melo gets away with plenty.

And he's in the top 7 in Free throw attempts...he goes to the line more than wade

NY007
04-23-2012, 07:07 PM
How about every time melo pushes off with his off hand and it's never called? No one does it more than melo.

You can't have it both ways. Melo gets away with plenty.

And he's in the top 7 in Free throw attempts...he goes to the line more than wade

Your obviously blind, Melo doesn't do that at all. Are you getting Melo mixed up with Pierce? Or how bout how Lebron goes into his defender with his shoulder or how Wade kicks off?

Honestly you really come off like you have no clue what your talking about, o and good job repeating someone else's post.

How bout you actually watch a Knicks game and watch how defenders crawl all over him to avoid him from spotting up, it's a joke it really is. It's also pitiful when Melo drives to the basket and gets whacked in the head arms etc to where the entire stadium can see and HEAR it and he doesn't get the call.

Da Knicks
04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Ok buddy lol, I've been a Knick fan since 85 and obviously my username and avatar is dedicated to Melo so that's bs. I'm already a huge fan.

I was referring to you not believing me that Melo is going to be the next Jordan. I see the dominance that the stars from the past had, and that was what I was saying. Look I'm not fighting with you I just call players as I see them. Before the mavs got chandler last year I called for him in the Knicks forum and most posters jumped all over me. Now we have posters with him as the sig. I do know my hoops and I can spot true talent. Melo is just entering his prime!!!

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 07:20 PM
I was referring to you not believing me that Melo is going to be the next Jordan. I see the dominance that the stars from the past had, and that was what I was saying. Look I'm not fighting with you I just call players as I see them. Before the mavs got chandler last year I called for him in the Knicks forum and most posters jumped all over me. Now we have posters with him as the sig. I do know my hoops and I can spot true talent. Melo is just entering his prime!!!

:facepalm: For thinking melo will be the next jordan.

Melo wont be getting out of the east as long as lebron is on the heat;)

Chronz
04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Yup, I can't stand Griffin. I hope players keep going at him, you want to try to posterize people then be mr stare down? He's lucky he didn't play in the 90's or before cause both of his knees would have been shattered by now cause players back then didn't take that ****.

LOL sounds like you never saw Nique, Shawn Kemp even Shaq dunk

naps
04-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Wait, did anyone really say or indirectly indicate Melo is going to be next Jordan in any way, form, or shape? I was really looking for a sig to replace my current one so someone please do me a favor and show me the post where it was said. This would the best sig of all time, hands down.

beasted86
04-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Melo is going to be the next Jordan. Melo is just entering his prime!!!

There you go... the abbreviated and awesome in it's glory quote of the year.

Sssmush
04-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Melo, what a laugh

NY007
04-23-2012, 10:25 PM
:facepalm: For thinking melo will be the next jordan.

Melo wont be getting out of the east as long as lebron is on the heat;)

I agree with the Jordan comment but seriously stfu with the other crap. Melo is the most clutch player in the game and if not this year they will get by the heat at some points. Your precious heat aren't perfect and are very beatable.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:31 PM
I agree with the Jordan comment but seriously stfu with the other crap. Melo is the most clutch player in the game and if not this year they will get by the heat at some points. Your precious heat aren't perfect and are very beatable.

I take kobe over melo for clutch. Everyday of the week.

NY007
04-23-2012, 10:33 PM
LOL sounds like you never saw Nique, Shawn Kemp even Shaq dunk

Yea I did, theres a reason why Kemp had a short career. Player used to hit him hard and his knees went on him and he didn't pull the **** Griffin does. Shaq was never a high flyer dumbass, all his dunks were under the basket and there was no one with his size and strength in the game to do anything about it. Shaq was just diesel, Kemp would dunk when he had the lane.

Griffin thinks he can just posterize people and stair them down, players aren't going to deal with it anymore and it's about time. Guys like Oakley and Rodman would have taken his *** out and ended his career and not thought twice about it. Imagine him trying that **** with the detroit bad boys? lol Griffin wouldn't make it thru the 1st quarter.

NY007
04-23-2012, 10:36 PM
I take kobe over melo for clutch. Everyday of the week.

Just another reason that proves that your hate for Melo blinds you, or your just ******** lol.

Kobe has about 2 more game winning shots then melo with about 30 more attempts.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Just another reason that proves that your hate for Melo blinds you, or your just ******** lol.

Kobe has about 2 more game winning shots then melo with about 30 more attempts.

Why are you getting mad with my opinion?

Your melo homerism is preventing you from being objective.

NY007
04-23-2012, 10:40 PM

Your melo homerism is preventing you to be objective.

Case your opinion is ******** and I get it, you hate melo. Move the **** on and stay out of the Knicks forums you ****ing troll.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Case your opinion is ******** and I get it, you hate melo. Move the **** on and stay out of the Knicks forums you ****ing troll.

lol, now now, no need to get mad and name call.:no:

NY007
04-23-2012, 10:43 PM

Your melo homerism is preventing you to be objective.

Really I'm not objective? I didn't argue with the dude claiming the knicks will win the championship and Melo will be the next Jordan? Jus because I'm a melo fan doesn't mean i can't be objective or that I don't know the game.

NY007
04-23-2012, 10:45 PM
lol, now now, no need to get mad and name call.:no:

Sorry I just have no tolerance for ******** haters. just go away, theres gotta be something better you can do with your life then troll melo and knick forums.

DenButsu
04-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Yea I did, theres a reason why Kemp had a short career. Player used to hit him hard and his knees went on him and he didn't pull the **** Griffin does. Shaq was never a high flyer dumbass, all his dunks were under the basket and there was no one with his size and strength in the game to do anything about it. Shaq was just diesel, Kemp would dunk when he had the lane.

Uh, Kemp's career went south because of laziness, overeating, alcohol and cocaine.

NY007
04-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Uh, Kemp's career went south because of laziness, overeating, alcohol and cocaine.

Ok that's true but his knees went south on him as well, but still he didn't do the crap that Griffin does. Kemp found his lanes then went hard.

DenButsu
04-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Griffin. His flopping is pathetic.

Not defending Melo, either. He's not a flopper, to his credit. But he gets the whistle plenty.

Neither of them have any good standing to whine about not getting calls.

NY007
04-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Griffin. His flopping is pathetic.

Not defending Melo, either. He's not a flopper, to his credit. But he gets the whistle plenty.

Neither of them have any good standing to whine about not getting calls.

For the record Melo didn't whine after the game, it was that one play, and any player in the league would have reacted the way he did. Maybe in your eyes, problem is your eyes see how many Knick games? I watch every Knick game, he gets to the line when he deserves it, he doesn't get phantom calls by any means. And he gets fouled a lot when he goes to the basket and doesn't get calls that are just down right obvious.

Rockice_8
04-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I'd rather they stop giving the touch fouls to the LBJ's and the Griffin's then give more to Melo and Rose. These guys are good enough and FT's are boring as hell, let them play.

DenButsu
04-25-2012, 12:50 AM
For the record Melo didn't whine after the game, it was that one play, and any player in the league would have reacted the way he did. Maybe in your eyes, problem is your eyes see how many Knick games? I watch every Knick game, he gets to the line when he deserves it, he doesn't get phantom calls by any means. And he gets fouled a lot when he goes to the basket and doesn't get calls that are just down right obvious.

I'm sure you've watched more of Melo since the trade. I'm also sure I've watched him a hell of a lot more than you while he was with the Nuggets. And from the Knicks games I've seen him play in, he has seemed to me to essentially be the same player, especially in terms of his offensive moves.

SMILExHIGHxCITY
04-25-2012, 01:17 AM
If Melo got half of the "phantom calls" he'll be MVP candidate year in & year out. I'm a Nuggets fan & Melo fan & I will say while he was a Nugget he never got the calls & it seems to follow him to New York. He thought wrong on that choice (hopefully I'm wrong) by choosing to leave. He would've have been the next in line to run the West (Kobe), instead Durant is up. Melo has an up hill battle in the East that he had to deal with, as opposed to the West. I'm going to end it off by saying Melo is in the top 3-5 players in the league before the trade to New York, now he has falling to 6-8 range. Thoughts??

NY007
04-25-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm sure you've watched more of Melo since the trade. I'm also sure I've watched him a hell of a lot more than you while he was with the Nuggets. And from the Knicks games I've seen him play in, he has seemed to me to essentially be the same player, especially in terms of his offensive moves.

I've watched him his entire career, I rooted for Syracuse because of him. Watched him A LOT in Denver, I watch A LOT of NBA and yes I have the NBA package.

Not saying you but what pisses me off about this website is how people try to act like they know what they're talking about off of a few games they've watched or really just come up with their own **** out of hate. That's not how you judge a player or team.

By watching the nba like I do it really amazes me how curropt it is, anything from a guy constantly getting away with moving his pivot foot (Lebron) to guys who gets every little call (Dirk, Durant, Wade) to guys who don't get the calls and get hacked a lot (Howard, Melo, Rose). I grew up playing basketball and still do and grew up a big nba and Knicks fan, but what the nba has become is a joke.

DenButsu
04-25-2012, 10:35 AM
FWIW, I probably watched around 90+% of the Nuggets games in Melo's last 4-5 seasons with Denver. I hope that's up to your standard.

SMILExHIGHxCITY
04-25-2012, 11:09 AM
I live in Denver & had the opportunity to watch in person some of Melo's best games of his career, ie 33 points in the 3rd against the T-Wolves, being snubbed by LeBron for Rookie of the Year honors the list goes on. It the biggest elephant in the room is the playoff appearances. Melo has NEVER missed a playoff appearance, it took LeBron 3 years to do so, but yet NEVER gets the credit. I really think the minor "brawl" in New York was his down fall LoL iDK

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM

uhhh... You're talkin about Carmelo Anthony right? :confused: He needs, to take it to the rack more... instead of continue to develop a reputation of avoiding contact. WTF. I think I've heard it all now.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Melo get's alotta calls... he's always amongst the league leaders in FTA's per game. The refs can't call everything... It just seemes like the call the ticky-tack fouls, wich I don't mind. But also seems like when he seriously get's hacked they let it go. And that offensive foul they called on him when Peirce was guarding him last year in the playoffs, has been called on him alot before, I've seen it less in NY but i remember a few times in Denver. and it absolutly makes me sick. But if the refs were to call everything he'd be going to the line almost every single play.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I live in Denver & had the opportunity to watch in person some of Melo's best games of his career, ie 33 points in the 3rd against the T-Wolves, being snubbed by LeBron for Rookie of the Year honors the list goes on. It the biggest elephant in the room is the playoff appearances. Melo has NEVER missed a playoff appearance, it took LeBron 3 years to do so, but yet NEVER gets the credit. I really think the minor "brawl" in New York was his down fall LoL iDK

Preach. Like Swashcuff once told me... Keep fighting the good fight.

NY007
04-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Melo get's alotta calls... he's always amongst the league leaders in FTA's per game. The refs can't call everything... It just seemes like the call the ticky-tack fouls, wich I don't mind. But also seems like when he seriously get's hacked they let it go. And that offensive foul they called on him when Peirce was guarding him last year in the playoffs, has been called on him alot before, I've seen it less in NY but i remember a few times in Denver. and it absolutly makes me sick. But if the refs were to call everything he'd be going to the line almost every single play.

If he gets fouled then and it's a lot then so be it, a foul is a foul. It's not like he ever gets phantom calls like Wade, Dirk, and Durant do.

bucketss
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM

i dont get how lebron not making the playoffs and melo making it should give melo more credit than he has?

SMILExHIGHxCITY
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
LeBron won Rookie of the Year by not putting up better numbers than Melo & FAILING to get his team to the playoffs, big factors in my mind. Melo before & after the brawl he never had the benefit of the doubt from refs unlike the elite players that Melo deserves to be in.

bucketss
04-25-2012, 01:00 PM
LeBron won Rookie of the Year by not putting up better numbers than Melo & FAILING to get his team to the playoffs, big factors in my mind. Melo before & after the brawl he never had the benefit of the doubt from refs unlike the elite players that Melo deserves to be in.

there numbers were were pretty close anyways lebron seperated himself from melo as the years went by melo doesnt get the respect because his teams are usually 1st round exits

SMILExHIGHxCITY
04-25-2012, 02:09 PM
there numbers were were pretty close anyways lebron seperated himself from melo as the years went by melo doesnt get the respect because his teams are usually 1st round exits

True, but that shouldn't stop Melo from getting the calls that he deserves. What warrants LeBron to get that treatment? When people point out "but hey Melo gets to the line more than LeBron does", don't see when these calls occur durning the games. What I noticed is that LeBron gets calls durning key moments durning the game which makes it nearly impossible to guard/contain or what word you wanna use; at that moment. With Melo Ive seen where he get the most of his calls are early in the games and/or late in games durning comebacks or blow out by the other team. Very seldom Melo gets the clutch, in the moment calls that usually result in wins & losses.

NY007
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Something to remember is the NBA takes care of its darlings... Melo got into trouble when he was younger on and off the court. Maybe that's the problem..

SMILExHIGHxCITY
04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
So what about Kobe then? LoL