PDA

View Full Version : Lou Williams will opt out of his contract end of season and become Unrestricted FA

LTBaByyy
04-22-2012, 02:54 PM
http://mobile.philly.com/sports/sixers/?wss=/philly/sports/sixers&id=148411865

Leading scorer of the 76ers, good player

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 02:58 PM
The Wolves love midget SG's. Sign him up!

Iodine
04-22-2012, 03:00 PM
He's ****ed in washington

netsgiantsyanks
04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
brooklyn? lol the dumb **** in me.

Teeboy1487
04-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Someone will overpay this guy. I call Portland.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 03:13 PM
S&T with the Lakers this summer.

Pau + 2nd rounder for Iggy + re-signed Lou Williams.

Sixers get a trio of Turner, Young and Gasol.

sixer04fan
04-22-2012, 03:14 PM
We'll see... He probably will opt out obviously, but he personally has said that report is false via twitter last night after the win over Indy.

Great win for us tonight. Huge. #showyaluv.. And BTW, don't believe everything you read. I am my own league source. Nobody else.

https://twitter.com/#!/teamlou23

PhillyOwnsAll
04-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Louwillville! Stay... Ship iggy out.

LTBaByyy
04-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Perfect replacement for Terry if we are going for a youth overhaul

But I expect Terry to resign

tcav701
04-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Perfect signing for: "insert favorite team"

Trueblue2
04-22-2012, 03:54 PM

I'm not a fan of shipping gasol out but I actually like this for LA. Not sure how sixers fans feel about this but they have been talking about moving iggy for years and if lou's gone anyway I dont see how they wouldn't like it.

tcav701
04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm not a fan of shipping gasol out but I actually like this for LA. Not sure how sixers fans feel about this but they have been talking about moving iggy for years and if lou's gone anyway I dont see how they wouldn't like it.

If anybody wanted Gasol's contract, he would have been traded already.

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
This FA is becoming VERY underrated as far as a lot of quality scorers/veteran stars who KNOW their own capabilities.

Terry, Allen, Duncan, KG, Andre Miller, Dragic, Mo Williams, Billups, Orange Juice and Mayonnaise, Gerald Wallace, Ryan Anderson, Jameer Nelson, Steve Nash

and of course the big fish in Deron.

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 03:59 PM
If anybody wanted Gasol's contract, he would have been traded already.

Um... Bulls would LOVE to have him.

tcav701
04-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Um... Bulls would LOVE to have him.

hahahah of course,

Boozers contract is even worse.

Chronz
04-22-2012, 04:04 PM
LOL at the notion that Pau has a bad contract. WTF have you been watching?

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 04:05 PM
hahahah of course,

Boozers contract is even worse.

Is it? He's only overpaid by like 4mil a year. Gasol is just a much better player, that's all.

The only teams that want Gasol are contenders or Houston. Teams want Gasol, he's just tough to deal cause of his contract. Not the other way around, imo.

tcav701
04-22-2012, 04:07 PM

His salary goes up if traded as stipulated in his contract, and trading for him makes it impossible to amnesty him.

The sixers will have an expiring PF in Brand next year.

How does it make any sense for the sixers to trade Iggy and Lou for that?

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM

He does have a 15% trade kicker though.

Still, PLENTY of teams would love to deal with that "bad" contract.

People seem to forget that just about every star is underpaid relative to the amount of impact they provide for their respective teams. Pau is paid more than most stars are for their production, but that still doesn't stop the fact that he's absolutely worth that money.

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 04:12 PM
His salary goes up is traded as stipulated in his contract, and trading for him makes it impossible to amnesty him.

The sixers will have an expiring PF in Brand next year.

How does it make any sense for the sixers to trade Iggy and Lou for that?

(A) A legitimate first option.

(B) What exactly will Sixers be able to do with that "cap room?" This isn't the NFL or MLB; stars are a premium and you can't typically get them via free agency. So either Philly gathers enough assets to get another such star (fat chance) or they get one who is available. Besides, who says they need to even trade that much. Iggy and Brand is more than enough and I could definitely see LA accepting that knowing that they seem to want to save money. Granted, Philly would have to throw some cash at Lou and probably go into lux tax, but if they want to be serious contenders, then they do it because a team of Jrue-Lou-Young-Turner-Gasol-Meeks with Collins in the helm and their stifling defense can be that.

2-ONE-5
04-22-2012, 04:14 PM

lol no thanks. Pau is not worth that.

tcav701
04-22-2012, 04:15 PM
(A) A legitimate first option.

(B) What exactly will Sixers be able to do with that "cap room?" This isn't the NFL or MLB; stars are a premium and you can't typically get them via free agency. So either Philly gathers enough assets to get another such star (fat chance) or they get one who is available. Besides, who says they need to even trade that much. Iggy and Brand is more than enough and I could definitely see LA accepting that knowing that they seem to want to save money. Granted, Philly would have to throw some cash at Lou and probably go into lux tax, but if they want to be serious contenders, then they do it because a team of Jrue-Lou-Young-Turner-Gasol-Meeks with Collins in the helm and their stifling defense can be that.

If you look at the proposed Laker fan trade earlier in the thread it includes Lou and Iggy for Pau.

That's where the idea and my comments about Gasol came from.

They are all strictly in relation to that proposed trade.

bholly
04-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Perfect signing for: "insert favorite team"

Except Sixer fans. I think most of us are hoping he'll walk.

LTBaByyy
04-22-2012, 10:18 PM
I see him in Portland since Crawford is leaving

Or Boston for some reason

Bornknick73
04-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Lou Williams and Danny Granger are 2 of the most underrated players in the league today. Sweet Lou is a helluva player.

lvlheaded
04-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Some team is gonna over pay him badly