PDA

View Full Version : Kings will entertain trade offers for Evans

spreadeagle
04-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Kings executives will entertain trade offers for Tyreke Evans this summer, and they should.

Evans remains a major asset. His team remains in a major funk. When a franchise finishes near the conference cellar for six consecutive seasons, the general manager needs to make significant personnel changes, or the franchise needs to change its general manager.

But that's an organizational decision.

Evans, who has a year remaining on his contract, has his own decision to make. He has to figure out what he wants and how badly he wants it. He has to determine what kind of player he wants to be and proceed accordingly, essentially controlling what he can control.

Is he satisfied with his Rookie of the Year trophy? Is it enough to be pain-free for the first time in two years? Is he content being a starter? And, most importantly, will he ever emotionally embrace the shift from point guard to small forward a total mind, body and soul experience and become a more engaged, consistent performer?

There is no quick answer hiding behind the locker room doors. Evans is both perplexing and a piece of the Kings' puzzle. He has a unique combination of skills, an agreeable, accommodating personality and the 6-foot-6, 220-pound physique of a basketball god.
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/22/4432957/ailene-voisin-kings-evans-reach.html#mi_rss=Kings/NBA#storylink=cpy

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 02:19 PM
His perimeter shooting just kills it for me honestly. I really thought he would be much better than this after his rookie year. I would love to put him in a Wolves uniform, but not at the expense of Rubio, Love, or Pekovic. The Kings probably don't want anything else we have.

spreadeagle
04-22-2012, 02:20 PM
lol @ "mind body and soul experience" hes just shifting positions, calm down mr Reporter

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Steve Blake + Troy Murphy + 2nd round pick for Tyreke Evans.

Do it Mitch/Jimbaco/SexyChaz!!!!

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 02:25 PM
His perimeter shooting just kills it for me honestly. I really thought he would be much better than this after his rookie year. I would love to put him in a Wolves uniform, but not at the expense of Rubio, Love, or Pekovic. The Kings probably don't want anything else we have.

Can't blame you for that. He's had three years to show any signs of an improving jumper and if anything it's gotten worse. The guy gets to the rim as well as anyone, but like you said, that jumper is just atrocious. It's the main thing holding him back. It's either work ethic or confidence. Probably both.

Also...I have never seen someone give as little effort as Evans does when it comes to fighting through screens. It's a team-wide issue. It's like if someone screens them they just think, "Well, this means I'm done playing defense now." The only guy on the Kings who doesn't do that is Isaiah.

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 02:26 PM

I didn't.

Even with his shooting struggles, he just is SUCH an iso player ala Jamal Crawford or Larry Hughes. I thought this since before he got drafted.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has the talent to be a top 25 player in this league, but I just don't think he understand how to play within a team concept. I think the guy is a phenomenal one on one player who can take anyone off the dribble, but he just doesn't seem to be able to play within a team.

I think he'd be a poor fit for the T-Wolves with already ball-dominant perimeter player who is a questionable shooter in Rubio. I think he'd make some sense for Ind or Portland if they can get the ballhog out of him.

I'd consider GSW as well. They have great shooting from that backcourt of Curry and Thompson but their lack of penetration concerns me.

NoahH
04-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I didn't.

Even with his shooting struggles, he just is SUCH an iso player ala Jamal Crawford or Larry Hughes. I thought this since before he got drafted.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has the talent to be a top 25 player in this league, but I just don't think he understand how to play within a team concept. I think the guy is a phenomenal one on one player who can take anyone off the dribble, but he just doesn't seem to be able to play within a team.

I think he'd be a poor fit for the T-Wolves with already ball-dominant perimeter player who is a questionable shooter in Rubio. I think he'd make some sense for Ind or Portland if they can get the ballhog out of him.

I'd consider GSW as well. They have great shooting from that backcourt of Curry and Thompson but their lack of penetration concerns me.

I highly doubt Tyreke would be happy coming off the bench tho and I think the Warriors are set on their backcourt.

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I highly doubt Tyreke would be happy coming off the bench tho and I think the Warriors are set on their backcourt.

I wouldn't be suggesting for Evans to be coming off the bench. They could consider Thompson at the 3 or likely Thompson off the bench.

I agree though, it isn't likely at all, but I do think GSW is a team where Evans could be a GREAT fit, what with their spacing and his ability to penetrate and dish it out if necessary.

LAKobeBryant
04-22-2012, 02:34 PM
get him raptors

fadedmario
04-22-2012, 02:36 PM
We already have Stuckey - no thanks.

Cal827
04-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Toronto should try and jump on this. We have good shooting coaches... Ed Davis + others + future first rounder.... Yeah I know it might be a rip off :D

Gators123
04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I wonder how much his trade value has dropped since his rookie year?

spreadeagle
04-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Toronto should try and jump on this. We have good shooting coaches... Ed Davis + others + future first rounder.... Yeah I know it might be a rip off :D

He would be great on Raptors and he could play PG again...but Derozen Evans 1, 2 combo would be the worst shooting starting guards in the league

spreadeagle
04-22-2012, 02:43 PM
I wonder how much his trade value has dropped since his rookie year?

tons, but I would say you could get a solid vet back for him...

mjt20mik
04-22-2012, 02:51 PM
He would be great on Raptors and he could play PG again...but Derozen Evans 1, 2 combo would be the worst shooting starting guards in the league

Yeah I agree with that. I still think if put in the right situation (and I think Toronto could be that for him) he could do marvelous things. I really think Casey and his staff could make huge strides with Reke. I mean look what he did with Calderon and the entire Raptors.

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I didn't.

The Wolves are in dire need of a shot creator and ball handlers on the wings, but he doesn't help space the offense like we need our wings to do with Rubio controlling the ball.

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 02:55 PM
I also think putting him on a roster with Love, Rubio and Adelman coaching him would either get him to straighten out his work ethic and on court effort, or it would drive Adelman nuts and he would bench him.

iliketurtles24
04-22-2012, 03:30 PM
I also think putting him on a roster with Love, Rubio and Adelman coaching him would either get him to straighten out his work ethic and on court effort, or it would drive Adelman nuts and he would bench him.

this!

iliketurtles24
04-22-2012, 03:31 PM
i would trade anyone on the wolves for him( besides rubio, love, pek, and darko), but he really doesnt fit here. But, good teams have lots of good talent, he is a good talent, he just doesnt fit

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 03:46 PM
i would trade anyone on the wolves for him( besides rubio, love, pek, and darko), but he really doesnt fit here. But, good teams have lots of good talent, he is a good talent, he just doesnt fit

You wouldn't trade Darko for him? :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 03:47 PM

I was going to edit his post to save him....

Derek, we have gone over this. If Webber and Divac were to have a love child, Darko would fadeaway out of the womb.

iliketurtles24
04-22-2012, 03:47 PM

haha, i would for sure, i was just seeing if people would catch that.:p

meloman1592
04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Send him to the clips...give Chris Paul a nice 2 guard to work with

TheHighLife
04-22-2012, 03:56 PM
I would take Beasley for Tyreke in a heartbeat.

topdog
04-22-2012, 03:56 PM

Teams would just play zone against us and simply murder us with Rubio-Reke-Wes-Love-Pek.

I do think there is something to Golden State with Curry being more of a shooter. I thought Evans would have been a good pick for our Wolves back when we were rolling out Foye as a starting combo guard.

topdog
04-22-2012, 03:57 PM
I would take Beasley for Tyreke in a heartbeat.

I think just about any Wolves fan would do that except that Beasley is a free agent.

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 04:07 PM
I was going to edit his post to save him....

Derek, we have gone over this. If Webber and Divac were to have a love child, Darko would fadeaway out of the womb.

Still one of my favorite Webber moments ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGZebWRJWg4#t=2m43s

D12 fan
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
He would fit in Orlando,they have to many 3pt shooters.Evans would bring them a guy who can get to the basket and create his own shot.

Anderson,Jrich,1rd for Evans,Thomphson

Sacramento
pg:Isiah,Fredette
sg:Jrich,Thorton
sf:Draft,Salmons
pf:Anderson,Hayes
c:Cousins,Whiteside

Orlando
pg:Jameer,Ish,Duhon
sg:Evans,Redick
sf:Turk,Qrich
pf:Thomphson,Davis
c:Dwight

Hawkeye15
04-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Still one of my favorite Webber moments ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGZebWRJWg4#t=2m43s

I am so glad Kahn has shut up since then.

JLynn943
04-22-2012, 04:17 PM
He would fit in Orlando,they have to many 3pt shooters.Evans would bring them a guy who can get to the basket and create his own shot.

Sacramento

Orlando

Yeah, Tyreke would be a great fit in Orlando. I don't know if they would want to trade two of their best 3-point shooters and a 1st for him, but it's an interesting trade. In that case though, I would probably want to draft a PF/C with the loss of JT. If need be, we could stick with JRich/Salmons at the 3.

Chronz
04-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Whats up with that position comment, has he complained about it alot? It isnt the first time Ive read about Sacramento having trouble identifying what position he should stick to.

Hes a talented guy without a position, sounds like a key bench player to me.

Giraffes Rule
04-22-2012, 04:22 PM
I kind of want him on the Spurs, if only to see what Chip Engelland can do for his shooting. There's not really any room for him on the roster, but it'd be interesting to see.

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Whats up with that position comment, has he complained about it alot? It isnt the first time Ive read about Sacramento having trouble identifying what position he should stick to.

He can't really run the point. Isaiah Thomas is the clear floor leader. He can't shoot. He's an iso player at this point. He hasn't learned how to be effective without the ball in his hands the whole time. Basically he has an AAU game.

He hasn't complained publicly, but we don't know what goes on internally.

tcav701
04-22-2012, 04:29 PM
I thought or Toronto, GS and Phoenix almost right away.

Maybe a Kevin Martin/Reke swap?

b@llhog24
04-22-2012, 04:29 PM

Sacramento

Orlando

That's actually a good trade.

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 04:30 PM
I thought or Toronto, GS and Phoenix almost right away.

Maybe a Kevin Martin/Reke swap?

That would be funny, but I'd rather have Marcus Thornton than Kevin Martin. Thornton has quietly been very good this season. The Kings are 1-10 without him this year.

b@llhog24
04-22-2012, 04:31 PM
I kind of want him on the Spurs, if only to see what Chip Engelland can do for his shooting. There's not really any room for him on the roster, but it'd be interesting to see.

Yeah i also think having guys like Duncan, Manu and Pop around could only help his development.

tcav701
04-22-2012, 04:32 PM
That would be funny, but I'd rather have Marcus Thornton than Kevin Martin.

I would as well.

But theres no reason you couldnt keep Marcus at the 3 or have Kmart come off the bench.

Reke is a couple more undefined years from being a 6th man anyways.

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 04:33 PM
I would as well.

But theres no reason you couldnt keep Marcus at the 3 or have Kmart come off the bench.

Reke is a couple more undefined years from being a 6th man anyways.

Thornton couldn't play the 3. He's 6'3, though he does play bigger. I've been wanting Reke to come off the bench for awhile now. I'd rather put Terrence Williams as the starting small forward. Love his game.

JLynn943
04-22-2012, 04:35 PM

He'd be a great bench player imo, but I think the role he probably should be in is as a starting SG on a team that has good perimeter shooting elsewhere on the team. If teams didn't have the option of just collapsing toward the paint without risking an open 3, Evans would be much, much more effective. Unfortunately, on the Kings there is absolutely no reason to worry about a perimeter shot. Tyreke has good passing ability and great length to defend the 2, so a team that can compensate for his weakness would be getting a great player.

tcav701
04-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Thornton couldn't play the 3. He's 6'3, though he does play bigger. I've been wanting Reke to come off the bench for awhile now. I'd rather put Terrence Williams as the starting small forward. Love his game.

Hasnt Thornton been playing games at the 3?

Last Kings game I watched I saw him, Reke and Isiah all starting.

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Hasnt Thornton been playing games at the 3?

Last Kings game I watched I saw him, Reke and Isiah all starting.

It's a 3 guard lineup, but technically Reke would be the 3. He guards the opposing small forward. They are both wings, but the main difference is Thomas being the primary ball handler, which Reke isn't used to. So no, Thornton has always been the 2 guard.

Chronz
04-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Send him to the clips...give Chris Paul a nice 2 guard to work with
I would love him on the Clips (because I love talent) but he would not be spending much time with CP3.

Chronz
04-22-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with him being better served on Orlando and Golden State

tcav701
04-22-2012, 04:48 PM
It's a 3 guard lineup, but technically Reke would be the 3. He guards the opposing small forward. They are both wings, but the main difference is Thomas being the primary ball handler, which Reke isn't used to. So no, Thornton has always been the 2 guard.

I got you.

Either way, prototyping positions is a thing of the past anyways.

KG at center and Melo at PF have proven that.

Don't be surprised to see more undersized centers and 3 guard offenses going forward.

Chronz
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM
How is that project working out? You would really rather start him than Reke?

I have always loved T-Will and Im still rooting for him but when you guys picked him up I didnt see how he and Reke could play together, particularly alongside a PG. Hes more of a true SF than Reke so I can see why but I figured Reke would be way too talented to demote over T-Will

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM
How is that project working out? You would really rather start him than Reke?

I have always loved T-Will and Im still rooting for him but when you guys picked him up I didnt see how he and Reke could play together, particularly alongside a PG. Hes more of a true SF than Reke so I can see why but I figured Reke would be way too talented to demote over T-Will

Well, going forward I'm all for trading Tyreke. Williams is the only guy on the Kings who likes passing more than scoring. He plays solid defense too, a rarity on the Kings. I really hope we re-sign him. He reminds me of Doug Christie, mainly because of his rare combo of a defense and playmaking.

carter15
04-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Well, going forward I'm all for trading Tyreke. Williams is the only guy on the Kings who likes passing more than scoring. He plays solid defense too, a rarity on the Kings. I really hope we re-sign him. He reminds me of Doug Christie, mainly because of his rare combo of a defense and playmaking.

I love T-Will :)

VCaintdead17
04-22-2012, 05:22 PM
He'd work well in a back court with Jameer Nelson. He's a better ball handler than Nelson and can penetrate better than anyone on the current magic roster.

TheHighLife
04-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Take it easy, he's ours.(T-Will)

D12 fan
04-22-2012, 07:04 PM
He'd work well in a back court with Jameer Nelson. He's a better ball handler than Nelson and can penetrate better than anyone on the current magic roster.

Yeah if they could get Tyreke,they would be a top 3 team in the East behind Miami/Chicago.

John Walls Era
04-22-2012, 07:09 PM

1st rounder. Rubio-Reke-(This years First)-Love-Pekovic is pretty good. I'd give up next years first (top 5 protected) for Reke.

DerekRE_3
04-22-2012, 07:10 PM
I got you.

Either way, prototyping positions is a thing of the past anyways.

KG at center and Melo at PF have proven that.

Don't be surprised to see more undersized centers and 3 guard offenses going forward.

Yep. Skill set and a players role is what really matters

JLynn943
04-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah if they could get Tyreke,they would be a top 3 team in the East behind Miami/Chicago.
Only problem with the trade you proposed though is that Anderson and Thompson are free agents...

IndiansFan337
04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
They never should have made him off limits. He padded his stats on that losing team during his rookie year and ever since has been living off a perceived reputation that never was accurate.

Ultimately, I don't expect them to move him because his value is so much lower than a few years ago and that is a tough pill to swallow for any team moving one of it's top players.

LASportsFan1996
04-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Steve Blake + Troy Murphy + 2nd round pick for Tyreke Evans.

Do it Mitch/Jimbaco/SexyChaz!!!!

:drool:

kenzo400
04-22-2012, 07:26 PM
this!

That is one freaky image. Bound to give nightmares lol

akesh99
04-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Would love him on the Raps and would almost be willing to part with DeRozan for him. Having his play making at the 3 would help Bayless move into a starting PG role plus it would allow us to draft Bradley Beal to play the 2. Him being able to drive and kick would be amazing with Beal and Bargs spotting up behind the arc.

Wolfman01
04-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Not suprise at all that the Kings are shopping Tyreke Evans during this summer. Hes not a good shooter and he is only effective when he attacks the basket. Attacking the basket only and taking a lot of shots from field doesn't go together well. Tyreke Evans numbers has drop every year and his shooting isn't getting better.

Fresno
04-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Not suprise at all that the Kings are shopping Tyreke Evans during this summer. Hes not a good shooter and he is only effective when he attacks the basket. Attacking the basket only and taking a lot of shots from field doesn't go together well. Tyreke Evans numbers has drop every year and his shooting isn't getting better.

Tell that to Dwyane Wade.

Thats been the closet comparison for Tyreke that I can think of and their shooting struggles are much similar at the same timeframe. Wade came into the NBA after 3 years at Marquette with a poor jumper and struggled when forced to hit mid-range shots as well as trying to figure his role as either a PG or SG. Wade at the time was a 22 years old rookie, which is the same age Tyreke Evans is now. He just spent 3 years in college while Tyreke was a 1 & Done.

The following season when Wade was 23 he fixed his jumpshot and became a Top 5 SG in the NBA. That was before he added other aspects to his game throughout the next 6 seasons that made him a Top 5 player in the NBA.

Either way, there is a lot of fair & unfair expectations being thrown on young NBA players who clearly are not finished products due to coming into the league at an early age. Tyreke is 22 and hasn't even entered his "prime" in the NBA.

JLynn943
04-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Tell that to Dwyane Wade.

Thats been the closet comparison for Tyreke that I can think of and their shooting struggles are much similar at the same timeframe. Wade came into the NBA after 3 years at Marquette with a poor jumper and struggled when forced to hit mid-range shots as well as trying to figure his role as either a PG or SG. Wade at the time was a 22 years old rookie, which is the same age Tyreke Evans is now. He just spent 3 years in college while Tyreke was a 1 & Done.

The following season when Wade was 23 he fixed his jumpshot and became a Top 5 SG in the NBA. That was before he added other aspects to his game throughout the next 6 seasons that made him a Top 5 player in the NBA.

Either way, there is a lot of fair & unfair expectations being thrown on young NBA players who clearly are not finished products due to coming into the league at an early age. Tyreke is 22 and hasn't even entered his "prime" in the NBA.

Yeah, this is why I don't think the Kings should trade him. He's still so young and is one aspect of the game (albeit a big one) away from being a top 20 player.

Fresno
04-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah, this is why I don't think the Kings should trade him. He's still so young and is one aspect of the game (albeit a big one) away from being a top 20 player.
Agreed.

Depending on what the Kings are able to land in the 2012 NBA Draft, they should make it a priority to keep Evans/Cousins & see if they can push for the Playoffs in 2013. If Evans plays well then you can discuss an extension, if he doesn't improve then he only hurts his FA value as a Restricted Free Agent.

They wont be able to find good value in any Tyreke Evans deal anyways.

Few teams want to trade a young player who hasn't reached their potential for another young player who hasn't reached their potential. Then as far as veteran trade targets go then you have to worry about them wanting out of Sacramento as quick as possible to play in a market they want to be in.

HouRealCoach
04-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Beasley, Randolph for Evans, Salmons, Thompson

HouRealCoach
04-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Just imagine if Wolves built around Love, Rubio, Pekovic, & Evans...

DerekRE_3
04-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Just imagine if Wolves built around Love, Rubio, Pekovic, & Evans...

They could have picked DeMarcus Cousins instead of Wes Johnson. Love, Boogie, Rubio.

raidersrock99
04-23-2012, 01:16 AM
tons, but I would say you could get a solid vet back for him...

ya right hes still a good key player for a team that has a pg in place

UPRock
04-23-2012, 01:40 AM
He should go to Phoenix.

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2012, 02:02 AM
I hope the bulls make a call to see whats up with him...
Rose
Tyreke
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Kirk hinrich back
Brewer Korver
Jimmy butler
Taj
Asik

Yakuza
04-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Bulls could give up deng. The Magic could trade Howard and Nelson for Evans, Cousins and Thompson.

PleaseBeNice
04-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Bulls could give up deng. The Magic could trade Howard and Nelson for Evans, Cousins and Thompson.

I'll pass

bbcmillionaire
04-23-2012, 02:27 AM
I'll pass

So will we

Blazers#1Fan
04-23-2012, 02:28 AM
blazers 1st round pick this year and future 1st round pick Nolan Smith,Felton(if there),Luke Babbit

C draft pick/Pryzbilla
PF Aldridge/Hickson
SF Batum
SG Matthews
PG Evans

DerekRE_3
04-23-2012, 02:45 AM

Kings aren't trading Cousins. And Howard would never re-up with the Kings.

abe_froman
04-23-2012, 02:50 AM
Bulls could give up deng.

in theory ,yes we could....but why would we?

Bullsfan22
04-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Mr.20 5 and 5!

PleaseBeNice
04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
blazers 1st round pick this year and future 1st round pick Nolan Smith,Felton(if there),Luke Babbit

C draft pick/Pryzbilla
PF Aldridge/Hickson
SF Batum
SG Matthews
PG Evans

Lol Luke Babbit MIGHT pull it off

0nekhmer
04-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Raptors need a ball handler who can create offense for them desperately, would be a good fit. Orlando would probably be the team that had the most to offer and be most realistic at this time and could be a real 1-2 combo with dwight

uprightciti
04-23-2012, 12:53 PM
why would toronto want an oversized pg? they already have 2 pretty good pg's in bayless and calderon

he would be good with portland or detroit

5ass
04-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Sacramento

Orlando

Id do this trade in a heartbeat. Except id start tyreke at PG and redick at SG. Nelson comes off the bench. Id hate to lose Ryno, but with Thompson, Davis, and hopefully Fran Vazquez coming from Spain next year, i think we'll be ok.
This trade IMO makes us top 3 in the east. If we can add some vet wing defenders and 3 pt shooters and one of vazquez-davis-thompson surprises us, we can without a doubt compete with Miami and Chicago.

Fresno
04-24-2012, 05:02 AM
Id do this trade in a heartbeat. Except id start tyreke at PG and redick at SG. Nelson comes off the bench. Id hate to lose Ryno, but with Thompson, Davis, and hopefully Fran Vazquez coming from Spain next year, i think we'll be ok.
This trade IMO makes us top 3 in the east. If we can add some vet wing defenders and 3 pt shooters and one of vazquez-davis-thompson surprises us, we can without a doubt compete with Miami and Chicago.

The Kings don't want or need a perimeter based PF who takes a bunch of 3's, if anybody hasn't noticed they need some help on defense at the PF position or C position. Just anybody who can contest shots and protect the paint so Cousins can stay out of foul trouble.

5ass
04-24-2012, 05:30 AM
The Kings don't want or need a perimeter based PF who takes a bunch of 3's, if anybody hasn't noticed they need some help on defense at the PF position or C position. Just anybody who can contest shots and protect the paint so Cousins can stay out of foul trouble.

with their high pick this season and a draft full of PF/Cs i think Ryno can do them good. Put him out there with cousins to stretch the floor for him, and feed cousins in the post. Ryno provides spacing for cousins that will help him to develop into a better offensive player faster. Also the kings could really use a 3pt shooter, as their 3pt shooting percentage as a team is horrible (31%).

Evolution23
04-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Would the Kings do Jeremy Lin straight up for Tyreke?

tcav701
04-24-2012, 07:58 AM

I doubt it.

Lins value is in selling tickets, he hasnt done enough to prove hes even on Rekes level.

imbetterthanyou
04-24-2012, 08:24 AM

Think about how many ball dominant players would be on that team hahaha Evans Baron Davis JR Smith Melo Stoudemire that would be the ultimate cluster****

FlakeyFool
04-24-2012, 08:32 AM
why would toronto want an oversized pg? they already have 2 pretty good pg's in bayless and calderon

he would be good with portland or detroit

bayless and calderon blow?

Fresno
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I doubt it.

Lins value is in selling tickets, he hasnt done enough to prove hes even on Rekes level.

Thats why the Maloofs would go over Petrie's head and do that deal.

Jeremy Lin is valued by Nielsen as the most marketable/likable player in the NBA, which for a full season on the West Coast(w/a huge Asian population) he'd bring in a good $20 Million alone.

The fact he'd give you maybe 14 PPG just is icing on the cake to them.

I'd hate to see that deal go down, but the Maloofs are shady enough to do it.

Becks2307
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM

Jeremy Lin is valued by Nielsen as the most marketable/likable player in the NBA, which for a full season on the West Coast(w/a huge Asian population) he'd bring in a good $20 Million alone.

Id even bet Lin plays better than Reke lol, Reke is much more talented but Lin's got some real heart.

DerekRE_3
04-24-2012, 11:51 PM

The Kings already have the most likeable (and adorable) player in the league...

DeMarcus Cousins :D

TheHighLife
04-25-2012, 01:20 AM
I vote Isaiah Thomas for MAP. Most Adorable Person. His smile brightens my day. And so do his stats. :D

DerekRE_3
04-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Boogie and Isaiah are the only reason I still watch the NBA anymore.

TheHighLife
04-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Only because they're beautiful human beings. Their talents play no role in why you continue to watch them.

john545455
04-25-2012, 02:28 AM
Do it Mitch!!!

Ketchup packet, and a cruton should get it done. Maybe a Kobe Bryant autograph in the mix.

MackShock
04-25-2012, 04:53 AM
why does the article say tyreke and reggie evans are brothers

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
He just seems like one of those guys who will be the best player on a bad team for years to come. He needs to improve that jumper so bad

DerekRE_3
04-25-2012, 10:49 AM
He just seems like one of those guys who will be the best player on a bad team for years to come. He needs to improve that jumper so bad

Right now he's the fourth best player on a bad team.

Vinylman
04-25-2012, 10:52 AM

LIN is a UFA...

Vinylman
04-25-2012, 10:54 AM
why does the article say tyreke and reggie evans are brothers

because they are

just not the clipper

MrfadeawayJB
04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Right now he's the fourth best player on a bad team.

:laugh: sad but may very well be true

Gibby23
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM

You do know that that is the next step for Cousins. Just because he gets in foul trouble doesn't mean the Kings want him to stop defending. Fould trouble is a part of the process for young centers. He is great at taking charges and once the foul trouble is past him he can be a great defender. He has the size and the quick feet. They need him to be a good defender and get his FG% up for them to take the next step. He has a great low post game and his FG% would be higher if he didn't take so many jump shots (he is a good shooter for a big man though). They can use a PF that can shoot and open up the paint for Cousins. Cousins is a great passer as well and doesn't have a problem passing it out. If they have a PF that can shoot, it would make it hard for teams to double him because of his passing skills and it will keep one extra defender out of the lane.