PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth Faried

Nick O
04-22-2012, 10:41 AM
These probably are not supposed to get their own threads but i think he deserves recognition. I remember being HUGE on this guy in college and said hes gonna be a great NBA player. the fact he went so low in the draft was shocking to me. I remember as a raptor fan i suggested we draft him. most thought I was dumb but I dont really look like it now :P . has anyone else been unbelievably impressed with this guy? he already looks like he more than belongs in the NBA . Great rebounder, great defender and the fact he has actually been able to contribute offensively is a spectacular Bonus. it's gonna go to irving and i think dservedly BUT i feel like Kenneth should at least be in the ROY talk. . The Manimal!

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:44 AM
reminds me of rodman with his motor and rebounding. Their rookis stats are pretty similar.

check out the per 36
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=farieke01&y1=2012&p2=rodmade01&y2=1987

Nick O
04-22-2012, 10:51 AM
reminds me of rodman with his motor and rebounding. Their rookis stats are pretty similar.

check out the per 36
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=farieke01&y1=2012&p2=rodmade01&y2=1987

Ya i was just readin on him cant believe hes only played 30+ minutes 5 or 6 times.. Cant wait to see his stats in a few years .. I like the Rodman comp. hes a tad undersized but his athleticism and hustle more than make up for it. seriously lovin everything about this kid. and ya for a rookie that per 36 is nuts.

THE GIPPER
04-22-2012, 11:20 AM
There is already a Kenneth Faried thread with the exact same title.

But yeah he's been great. 18pts 14reb 3blk last night I believe.

LanceUpperCut
04-22-2012, 11:37 AM
So you wanted the Raptors to draft a guy who went 22 in the first round at the number 5 spot? I love the guys game and is a huge steal but I'll take Valanciunas any day, even without seeing him play a game in the nba yet.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 11:38 AM
No one knew farried would be this good, but if you did a redraft, farried would go top 5.

b@llhog24
04-22-2012, 11:38 AM
He already had a thread

Nick O
04-22-2012, 11:51 AM
So you wanted the Raptors to draft a guy who went 22 in the first round at the number 5 spot? I love the guys game and is a huge steal but I'll take Valanciunas any day, even without seeing him play a game in the nba yet.

yes...... Id rather Faried than JV...

NoahH
04-22-2012, 12:13 PM
He's like Rodman only with way more offensive upside

Dankster
04-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Definitely if a redraft was done, Faried would be a lottery pick. So would a couple other guys that fell outside of the lottery (Marshon Brooks, possibly Shumpert.) Kenneth has had an excellent rookie campaign and doesn't look so undersized-- I'm pretty sure that was his main knock coming out of that small college program. Great selection for the Nugs.

IndyRealist
04-22-2012, 12:54 PM
No one knew farried would be this good, but if you did a redraft, farried would go top 5.

Lots of people knew Faried would be good. wagesofwins.com was all over him.

Tmath
04-22-2012, 01:07 PM

NikO thinks Eric Thames is the best OF in baseball so....

Nick O
04-22-2012, 01:48 PM
NikO thinks Eric Thames is the best OF in baseball so....

eric thames is a ****** outfielder... did you not see him fall? .. Faried is obviously a good player but whatever

MonroeFAN
04-22-2012, 07:03 PM
I said I would prefer him over Irving (in the original topic) which might have been a bit extreme.

But I value what Farried brings to the table more so than 'yet another scoring point guard'.

LASportsFan1996
04-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Leading Rebounder In NCAA History

Nick O
04-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Leading Rebounder In NCAA History

exactly .. which confused me as to why people didnt think he would be great

tp13baby
04-22-2012, 08:50 PM
I like the playing time he gets. Al Harrington Gives us scoring of the bench and changes the game. Kinda small to run the 5 but he has. But again we got Kosta who i think can be a 12/9 guy in the league and McGee.

IndyRealist
04-22-2012, 09:01 PM
exactly .. which confused me as to why people didnt think he would be great

It's the classic stats story. People overvalue scoring totals and conversely undervalue pretty much everything else (FG efficiency, rebounding, defense, cardio, fundamentals, shooting form, etc). Faried is not a superstar, but he does a few things really, really well (finishing, transition, defense, and of course rebounding). But because he doesn't take 20 shots a game, no one would take him in the lottery.

I'm happy with George Hill, but I still would have preferred my Pacers take Faried at #15.

Nick O
04-22-2012, 09:05 PM
It's the classic stats story. People overvalue scoring totals and conversely undervalue pretty much everything else (FG efficiency, rebounding, defense, cardio, fundamentals, shooting form, etc). Faried is not a superstar, but he does a few things really, really well (finishing, transition, defense, and of course rebounding). But because he doesn't take 20 shots a game, no one would take him in the lottery.

I'm happy with George Hill, but I still would have preferred my Pacers take Faried at #15.

the funny thing is tho hes even been a solid offensive contributer.

GrkGawdofWalkz
04-23-2012, 01:03 AM
He's a great player. I loved that he fell. He has a game that Carlos Boozer wishes he had.

Missing56&33
04-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Love his game. Glad he was OK on that dunk attempt when he got up slow.