PDA

View Full Version : Which "underdog" teams have the best chance of winning in the first round?

DenButsu
04-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Okay, so the dust hasn't completely settled on the playoff seedings yet, and "underdog" may not always be a clear status. For example, it looks like Atlanta will be the 5th seed and play against Boston, the 4th seed by virtue of winning their division, but the Hawks have the better record and thus home court advantage? It may not be so clear who's the favorite and who's the underdog in that series.

Anyhow, with the understanding that the seedings are subject to change depending on the last few games of the season, but that things are probably close to settled, which low-seeded teams do you see as having the best chance of getting an upset in the first round and advancing to the second?

asandhu23
04-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Bucks if they get in.

bholly
04-22-2012, 07:07 AM
This crazy Orlando SVGs team without Dwight could get hot and steal a game or two against Indy without it being a big surprise. I also like Memphis against LAC, but who doesn't? I expect whoever gets LAL - be it Dallas or Denver - to make it a fun series, too.

Not so sure about Atlanta, but that might be largely because they've looked so awful against Philly that I can't get any confidence in them. They've only had like 3 good road wins all season, and haven't had many tough games at all in weeks - I just don't see them doing that well. HCA is always huge, though, so who knows?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Celtics.

undermeyou
04-22-2012, 09:23 AM
I think dallas can easily upset OKC but no so much lakers.OKC have really nobody to even slow down dirk and marion is fantastic KD defender.

In east i dont think we are gonna see any upsets espcially in 1st round.Miami-Indiana Bulls Celtics are clearly better than 5-8 seed

Cal827
04-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Memphis (who ever gets the Clippers)

Ironman5219
04-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Jazz!!!!!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 09:38 AM
If melo and amare figure it out this final week of the season, I say the Knicks.

yanksrock
04-22-2012, 09:52 AM
If melo and amare figure it out this final week of the season, I say the Knicks.

Cleary.

If they figure it out than knicks can be scary. They would have a legit star and closer in melo and a great number two option in amar'e. Plus they play tenacious D thanks to the true leader, the gritty gutsy, reigning champion Tyson Chandler.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Cleary.

If they figure it out than knicks can be scary. They would have a legit star and closer in melo and a great number two option in amar'e. Plus they play tenacious D thanks to the true leader, the gritty gutsy, reigning champion Tyson Chandler.

I think if Novak keeps stroking and and if JR keeps stroking it but doesn't shoot bad shots in the process, they kinda remind of last yr's Dallas team. All those 3 pt shooters, Melo (ala Dirk) as that dominant scorer, and Tyson holding down the fort defensively. Amare has to be that X-factor some way some how.

willabeast77
04-22-2012, 10:41 AM
I think Memphis passes the first round if they face LAC

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:46 AM
This crazy Orlando SVGs team without Dwight could get hot and steal a game or two against Indy without it being a big surprise. I also like Memphis against LAC, but who doesn't? I expect whoever gets LAL - be it Dallas or Denver - to make it a fun series, too.

Not so sure about Atlanta, but that might be largely because they've looked so awful against Philly that I can't get any confidence in them. They've only had like 3 good road wins all season, and haven't had many tough games at all in weeks - I just don't see them doing that well. HCA is always huge, though, so who knows?
Yea, i think orlando will put up a nice fight.

At first i thought it would be an easy sweep for whoever played them, but now im thinking they will win 2 maybe 3 games.

Slimsim
04-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Philly if they play the bulls

PC
04-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Cleary.

They haven't been able to figure it out in 70+ games together, what makes you think they'll figure it out in the last 3 games of the season, especially with Amar'e's bum back?

yanksrock
04-22-2012, 12:22 PM
They haven't been able to figure it out in 70+ games together, what makes you think they'll figure it out in the last 3 games of the season, especially with Amar'e's bum back?

Because they don't have a stubborn "it's my way or the highway" kinda coach. If anybody can make it work, it's Woodson.

Evolution23
04-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Because they don't have a stubborn "it's my way or the highway" kinda coach. If anybody can make it work, it's Woodson.

Woodson might be the difference

mjt20mik
04-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Anyone in the west really.. and possibly NY in the east, if they are clicking.

mightymouse407
04-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Yea, i think orlando will put up a nice fight.

At first i thought it would be an easy sweep for whoever played them, but now im thinking they will win 2 maybe 3 games.

orlando wins 4-3 i feel good about the way we have played the pacers this yr 3-1 vs them this yr although we had everyone healthy i still think the magic get it done. without dwight n hedo they have cut down there turnovers

todu82
04-22-2012, 01:05 PM
I can see Dallas pulling off an upset especially if they draw the Lakers.

Lakeshow24KB
04-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Denver is so raw right now and Ty Lawson can create a lot of trouble for many teams. Watch out OKC for a fun series.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 01:18 PM
orlando wins 4-3 i feel good about the way we have played the pacers this yr 3-1 vs them this yr although we had everyone healthy i still think the magic get it done. without dwight n hedo they have cut down there turnovers

Dwight dominated Hibbert. NO D12 means Hibbert dominates. Pacers in 5.

DR_1
04-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Philly if they play the bulls

:facepalm: Philly is outside of Orlando the worst team in the playoffs, that's not even a question.

iam brett favre
04-22-2012, 01:51 PM
JAZZ. They are gonna shock the world.

DenButsu
04-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Denver is so raw right now and Ty Lawson can create a lot of trouble for many teams. Watch out OKC for a fun series.

Hey we're still gunning for you guys. Two more Nuggs wins or one and a Dallas loss in Atlanta, and Denver nabs that 6th seed.

felixng2012
04-22-2012, 10:57 PM
The Grizzlies are a dangerous team that can definitely pull an upset. The Knicks can too if they can get everything to click. The fact that Wade is injured also really helps. Would be nice if we got that 6th seed. Too many ******** losses.