PDA

View Full Version : Mock-Trade Deadline Voting: (2) Lakers vs. (5) Rockets

KH12
04-22-2012, 02:55 AM
This is a game we ran where users would take over the GM chair for a randomized team at the trade deadline to make trades with other users to improve their team. We then ranked the teams and seeded them accordingly, and now it's your part in the game where you vote to see who moves on.

Please do not vote only based on one of the teams or players involved being your favorite, but who you truly believe would win in a 7 game series. Thanks!

Los Angeles will have home court advantage in this series!

Lakers Depth Chart:
PG: Tony Parker(37)-Norris Cole(11)-A.J. Price
SG: Kobe Bryant(38)-Mickael Pietrus(10)-Lance Stephenson
SF: Gerald Wallace(35)-Sam Young(9)-Mickael Pietrus(4)-Chris Wright
PF: Kevin Garnett(36)-Udonis Haslem(12)-Dante Cunningham
C: Nene(35)-Udonis Haslem(13)-Solomon Alabi

Rockets Depth Chart:
Rajon Rondo/Rodney Stuckey/Tobias Harris
James Harden/Rudy Fernandez/Josh Howard
Shane Battier/Chandler Parsons/Josh Childress
Kevin Love/Glen Davis/Justin Harper
Samuel Dalembert/Nick Collison/Derrick Pittman

Lakers Write-Up:
None.

Rockets Write-Up:
None.

Cubby
04-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Still don't know how the Spurs didn't win...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Gotta give my vote to the lakers, Harden or Love as a first option is iffy to say the least...cant see them beating this defensive laker team.

Sportfan
04-22-2012, 08:10 AM
good luck utb :clap:

ummmm not really much to say...but
1. Gerald Wallace is NOT a great defender anymore. not even good. his defensive PPP with the blazers and nets this year has ben .92, ranked in the mid 300's across the league leaderboard.
2. Who will defend the perimeter where Love and Harden will be taking the shots. None of Parker, Kobe, or Gerald Wallace are ranked in the top 200 in defensive PPP. with harden's high efficiency and love's multi way to score, they will get their points.
3. with kobe you have a 36% USG player....can that really be shared with a backcourt partner who needs the ball as well in Parker? We hear about Bynum and Pau not getting enough touches irl, wouldn't that same problem persist with KG and Nene here? the chemistry is not great.
4. lack of bench. lakers have maybe 2 players worth a damn on that bench. pietrus will give you a couple 3's here and there but that's it. haslem is eh. very good defensive player still but not much there on offense. rockets are a fresh legged, young (but smart and experienced at the same time) team that can run all day. With a bench of Stuckey, Rudy, Parsons, Big Baby and Collison you find everything. scoring shooting, perimeter D, rebounding, post D etc.

unleashthebeast
04-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Let the games begin!

DR_1
04-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm voting for the Lakers here, although there's an argument for both teams. I just think the Lakers are more complete. Good job UTB and Sporty :)

unleashthebeast
04-22-2012, 07:29 PM
bumpity bump bump!

Sportfan
04-23-2012, 12:40 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL

thanks LA!

Shammyguy3
04-23-2012, 04:34 AM
The Rockets would win this in 6

unleashthebeast
04-23-2012, 06:50 AM
The Rockets would win this in 6

I simply do not agree with this. I think that I match up very well with the rockets. KG would slow down Love on the defensive end, following him wherever he goes, and bodying him up regardless of where the play is. Kobe is not a bad defender, he would be fine with covering Harden. And Kobe obviously will get his on the offensive end, after all, he is Kobe Bryant. Nene is clearly superior to Dalembert, and Nene will be fed the ball on the offensive end from time to time, and due to the rest of the weapons on my roster, will be able to get single coverage from Dalembert. Parker-Rondo is pretty even as well, with Parker being better offensively and Rondo being superior defensively. All in all, I think the 3 players that will make the biggest difference in this series will be Kobe and Nene on the offensive end, as well as KG on the defensive end.

Shammyguy3
04-23-2012, 09:47 PM
You significantly overrate your teams ability to act as one unit. I don't like the Parker/Bryant pairing, and i'm not a fan of Wallace at all anymore. Rondo/Harden will absolutely torch that team with the spacing that Kevin Love provides. You'd get killed on free throw attempts with Love/Harden/Stuckey.

The games would be close, but i think the Rockets win. Sorry man.