PDA

View Full Version : Dwight/Brooklyn Net?

D12 fan
04-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Both Chris Broussard and Stephen A Smith,just confirmed that Dwight has lost trust in SVG,teamates and the Magic organization.They said he loves the city Orlando and the fans,but he feels the organization has lost his trust.Broussard said that Dwight and Dwill have squashed their beef and have been talking about teaming up again in Brooklyn,and that the Nets are back in the hunt for D12.Stephen A Smith said Dwight will demand a trade in the offseason to Brooklyn,and both SVG and Dwight will not be back with Orlando next year.

Thoughts?

Chronz
04-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Why would they trade him this time?

PhillyFaninLA
04-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Him going to Brooklyn has been known for over a year. Even after he picked up next year I thought they would be together next year. So this isn't really news to me.

king4day
04-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Surprised they'd dump both. Howard I could see being dealt by the deadline. As soon as teams are allowed to talk trades again, NJ will be on them phoning Orlando and every team to make something happen.

If they can have a core of Deron, Wallace, and Howard, that's a fantastic trio

Giraffes Rule
04-21-2012, 06:48 PM
The only reason he signed on for another guaranteed year is because he didn't want to be a free agent negotiating his contract while recovering from back surgery. I don't think he's on the Magic opening day next season.

Pat Thetic
04-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Dwight and Dwill have squashed their beef

Appetizing

29$JerZ
04-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Such a shame how he handled this.

If Orlando is smart when they ship him they just take as much as possible.
This is easily worse than what LeBron, Melo, and Paul did combined.

Punk
04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
I apparently was the only one on PSD who thought the whole "I'm staying Orlando and I want SVR gone" was a total ploy to make the organization look bad so he could leave.

Dwight thinks we're all stupid. This was the plan all along. Once he got that back injury, he was going to turn it into a real reason to leave.

Remember, he was consistently talking about a championship. More than ever and now he suddenly has back surgery which ends his season and his "championship" hopes for Orlando THIS year.

So, It's obviously a new way to get to Brooklyn. Which he will and he will get his max contract with the 300 million Addias deal. Oh, by the way...Addias is the official partner for the Brooklyn Nets.

Sounds very convenient huh? He's going to have a great career in acting. He'll get traded and he played the Magic very well.

beasted86
04-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Where is DoMeFavors?

shep33
04-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Not this again :facepalm:

--23--
04-21-2012, 07:12 PM
:yawn: so it begins....again

arkanian215
04-21-2012, 07:14 PM
The only reason he signed on for another guaranteed year is because he didn't want to be a free agent negotiating his contract while recovering from back surgery. I don't think he's on the Magic opening day next season.

Honestly, that's a terrible reason to sign a one year guaranteed. He's Dwight Howard.

Punk
04-21-2012, 07:32 PM
And to be fair to Dwight, when he did say "I'm staying" the Magic lost to Miami, Chicago, NY (By 37), Philly, etc.

So, he kind of probably had a change of heart due to the way they played before the trade deadline.

Punk
04-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Howard also confirmed that a major reason he opted into the final year of his contract is because the Magic said they'd trade him if he didn't, and he wasn't prepared to give up on winning a title with the Magic this year. In fact, he still believes the Magic are capable of a title run without him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7834605/agent-says-orlando-magic-dwight-howard-back-surgery-done-rest-season

:laugh:

da ThRONe
04-21-2012, 07:40 PM
The fact that he only opted in to his last year of the deal should have been a huge red flag if anybody thought he wanted to stay long term. The Magic's owner screwed this up. Howard clearly wanted to leave so his solution is to get him to opt in so they could be in the same mess this coming season.:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
04-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Where is DoMeFavors?

right here

D12 fan
04-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I apparently was the only one on PSD who thought the whole "I'm staying Orlando and I want SVR gone" was a total ploy to make the organization look bad so he could leave.

Dwight thinks we're all stupid. This was the plan all along. Once he got that back injury, he was going to turn it into a real reason to leave.

Remember, he was consistently talking about a championship. More than ever and now he suddenly has back surgery which ends his season and his "championship" hopes for Orlando THIS year.

So, It's obviously a new way to get to Brooklyn. Which he will and he will get his max contract with the 300 million Addias deal. Oh, by the way...Addias is the official partner for the Brooklyn Nets.

Sounds very convenient huh? He's going to have a great career in acting. He'll get traded and he played the Magic very well.
Yeah I agree,to me the only reason he opted in was because they threatned to trade him to the Lakers.So what did the Nets do they trade for Gerald Wallace who Orlando wanted and they still can keep their draft pick if it's a top 3 pick,so they could make a trade on draft night or during the offseason.The Nets and Dwight probally had this planned all along,I remember Deron said a few weeks ago that he will have to wait and see what management does on draft night,then the owner Proky tells the media that he has something big that will happen on draft night,but said it was top secret.I think both Dwill and Proky are planning to trade for Dwight on draft night.Then Dwight will use the offseason to rest and promote the Brooklyn brand,while his teamate Dwill will be playing in the Olympics.Stern will giftwrap Brooklyn a top 3 pick to trade for Dwight.

Lopez,Wallace,draft pick(#2or#3) for Dwight,Duhon

oak2455
04-21-2012, 08:37 PM
D12 and Dwill watch you're back Avery !!!! Lmao

ThunderousDemon
04-21-2012, 08:57 PM
right here

You may begin :D

ThunderousDemon
04-21-2012, 09:00 PM
The Lakers would trade,"The Rage Inducers", for Dwight Howard if the Magic want to. :D

xxplayerxx23
04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
bs alert

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 12:32 AM
D12 and Dwill watch you're back Avery !!!! Lmao

Jerry Sloan and Stan Van Gundy are rolling over their graves!

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Wait, if Orlando trades Dwight, why the hell would they fire an arguable top 5 coach as well?

kozelkid
04-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Jerry Sloan and Stan Van Gundy are rolling over their graves!

They're alive...

Evolution23
04-22-2012, 05:16 AM
:yawn:

5ass
04-22-2012, 06:10 AM

ldawg
04-22-2012, 07:46 AM
My thing if Orlando and has already screwed the organization and did not trade him before this all unfold why trade him now? I would watch him walk as a free agent and keep the cap space. In this new NBA cap space means more than taking back trash. Magic is in sunshine Florida they will get players to sign there. In turn you get players that want to be there. The Only way i trade Howard is if i am getting a star in return or someone out of the draft that has never been injured with a very high possibility to be a star. The Last thing you want is another greg Oden or Kwame Brown.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 08:52 AM
They're alive...

D-Will and Dwight killed their morales!

ldawg
04-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Howard will never win a ring as the leading scorer on his team. Its not his game so he needs to stop trying to play gm. His role on any championship team is the Play defense, Rebound, Score in the paint when needed. And he could stop dreaming of having the ball in crunch team knowing he can't hit free throws.

yanksrock
04-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Mamma mia here they go again.

Kenny
04-22-2012, 10:18 AM
The nets most likely won't even have a 1st roudn draft pick after botching the whole thing in the wallace trade. Deron Williams is going to leave the first minute he hits free agency and that will be the end of the Howard thing to Brooklyn. Magic have no reason to trade him before Deron becomes a free agent.

Dwight might get traded next year but it isn't going to be to the Nets.

MagicBucsSox
04-22-2012, 11:08 AM
I've seen no evidence of this thread at all anywhere. New jersey panicked and ruined any assets they had. Best trade candidates are now LAL, LAC,GSW,NYK maybe Minny

JIDsanity
04-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I think that in another lifetime I must have been a really really ****** fan. For the past 4 years I have waited for the Nets to make their move, and yet they continuously get suckered into this B.S. I just want this to end.

JIDsanity
04-22-2012, 11:47 AM
I've seen no evidence of this thread at all anywhere. New jersey panicked and ruined any assets they had. Best trade candidates are now LAL, LAC,GSW,NYK maybe Minny

That pick was always going to Portland for Wallace. The Magic wanted Wallace not NJ.

D12 fan
04-22-2012, 01:28 PM

What does LAC,NYK,Minny have to offer?

tr3ymill3r
04-22-2012, 01:55 PM
If I'm the Magic I don't trade him to New Jersey, but rather trade him for the best possible package, or you can stick it to the Nets by crippling them financially and take all their future draft picks. Leave the roster bare with just DWill and Dwight.

netsgiantsyanks
04-22-2012, 02:11 PM
k.

netsgiantsyanks
04-22-2012, 02:13 PM
wake me up when something interesting happens.

Raph12
04-22-2012, 07:56 PM
We should just trade him for the best offer on draft night...