KB-Pau-DH2012
04-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Kobe Bryant: 1,616 points in 58 games = 27.8621 PPG

Games remaining:

Thurs Apr. 26th @ SAC

Kevin Durant: 1,818 points in 65 games = 27.9692 PPG

Games remaining:

Wed Apr. 25th vs DEN

Both players are trying to go for their career 3rd scoring title.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 12:29 AM
kobe gets it, but durants scoring is more impressive imo due to his efficiency

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-21-2012, 12:33 AM
kobe gets it, but durants scoring is more impressive imo due to his efficiency

I'm not so sure. Durant can drop 35+ in those last 2 home games against SAC and DEN. Kobe can drop 30+ in that last game @ SAC.

It'll all come down to head-to-head matchup this Sunday.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 12:50 AM
it should come down to the wire.

AnthonyTyrael
04-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Most will disagree but I think Kobe doesn't care. Doesn't sound familiar, huh?

Usually that does not sound like him, right, but anyhow I sense he does not care this time. If he wanted to secure it, he wouldn't have played yesterday at all or at least put much more effort into scoring a lot more, whenever he sees an opportunity. I think he might be over with things like that, still up for bigger goals. My two cents.

LakersIn5
04-21-2012, 01:00 AM
coming in the kings game on the last day kobe would be trailing durant in the scoring race and kobe would need to score 40+ points to win the scoring title. kobe comes up with either a 10+ game or a 40+ game. :D

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Im sure kobe will know how many points he needs to win it on that last game

b@llhog24
04-21-2012, 01:30 AM
Durant's gonna go ******* against at least two of those teams.

GOON MUSIC
04-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Durant's gonna go ******* against at least two of those teams.
^^^^^^^^

Mr_Amaziing
04-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Kd35

Lake_Show2416
04-21-2012, 02:26 AM
go Kobe! show that youngster how its done

THE GIPPER
04-21-2012, 02:47 AM

Usually that does not sound like him, right, but anyhow I sense he does not care this time. If he wanted to secure it, he wouldn't have played yesterday at all or at least put much more effort into scoring a lot more, whenever he sees an opportunity. I think he might be over with things like that, still up for bigger goals. My two cents.

You're talking about the guy who cares about All-Star Game MVP's. Yes, Kobe cares about winning the scoring title.

naps
04-21-2012, 03:11 AM

Watching Kobe for his entire career it's hard to say he doesn't care. If anyone cares about stuff like these it's Kobe. Everyone does care about individual awards but Kobe tops that list by far.

Anyway, I say Kobe gets it. He'll have the last game and I am sure he'll know how many points he'll need to get the scoring title. He will score 40 if needed even if it takes him to shoot 30+ shots and costs his team a win. Nothing against him but that's who he has been throughout his whole career, at least that's a characteristic I can identify Kobe with.

naps
04-21-2012, 03:13 AM
I thought Kobe had a considerable lead, I am actually surprised it's this close. May be I didn't check that scoring list for last couple of weeks.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Kobe's probably going to take it a bit easier with his injury.

Though I can see Durant taking the last game for rest.

Baller1
04-21-2012, 04:28 AM
Not gonna lie, it's pretty crazy that the winner of this race will secure their 3rd scoring title. KD is about a decade younger and already looking to surpass Kobe in this particular accomplishment, and we all know how prolific Kobe is at scoring the ball.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-21-2012, 04:36 AM
Not gonna lie, it's pretty crazy that the winner of this race will secure their 3rd scoring title. KD is about a decade younger and already looking to surpass Kobe in this particular accomplishment, and we all know how prolific Kobe is at scoring the ball.

Well...you know back then when players didnt unite for super teams, kobe had a hell of a competition for this award.

naps
04-21-2012, 04:44 AM

True. I think the race would be a lot more interesting if LeBron and Wade were in separate teams. They would give Durant a run for his money for sure. LeBron staying this close to the title is pretty crazy as well. I never thought he would touch 27 after he joined the Heat to be honest. I see Durant winning a lot more in the coming years.

AnthonyTyrael
04-21-2012, 08:54 AM
I know it's for his ego but what for? This guy is unlogical, I know, but it's not like another scoring title will seperate him even more from others. It might look good on his letterhead though ;-) bla bla bla.... 3 time NBA regaular season scoring leader... bla bla bla...

Hilarious.

willabeast77
04-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Durant will get it. More games remaining. Though I could see Kobe forcing up a ton of shots in the last 2 games to try and win it (especially the last game of the season- since it's after Durant's last game). I'm sure they both know how many pts they need to win it.

0nekhmer
04-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Kobe played in significantly less games than Durant. Even if Durant scores 40 ppg in the next couple, kobe can still win by scoring 35+ ppg.

tredigs
04-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Well...you know back then when players didnt unite for super teams, kobe had a hell of a competition for this award.

You mean like Durant 3 years ago when he was a young guy and still took it? Durant already posts a higher career PPG than Kobe by the way. Also consider that Durant plays with the top scoring #2 option in the league (Westbrook is a top 5 scorer PERIOD) and the top scoring bench player. On top of that, let's also consider that he takes 3 less shots a game than Kobe - he just scores more efficiently than Kobe's best (and obviously far more efficiently than this Kobe).

Still, it's damn impressive that Kobe was able to log that many minutes and put up that many shots for such an old man in basketball years.

Though I do expect KD to finally pass up Kobe in the final week and secure his 3rd straight scoring title. And the dude's not even 24 yet? Insane.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Kobe played in significantly less games than Durant. Even if Durant scores 40 ppg in the next couple, kobe can still win by scoring 35+ ppg.

Kobe was also playing the first half of the season with torn ligaments in the wrist of his shooting hand and he kept playing through foot and shin injuries. KD has been relatively quiet.

An even healthier Kobe would have hit his shots at his normal career average clip of 45-46% and would be averaging easily 30-31 PPG. We wouldn't even be talking about a scoring race at season's end.

Lim
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
durant wins even if he loses for his excellent efficiency

tredigs
04-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Just looking at it now and Durant's likely going to have 5 scoring titles at an age that Kobe still had none.

durant wins even if he loses for his excellent efficiency

Oh without a doubt. The true top scorers are clearly Durant and Lebron. But awards are fun.

Baller1
04-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Not gonna lie, I really want KD to steal it in this last week. That'd be awesome.

He's become such a good passer though so it's gonna be hard... ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Just looking at it now and Durant's likely going to have 5 scoring titles at an age that Kobe still had none.

Oh without a doubt. The true top scorers are clearly Durant and Lebron. But awards are fun.

In Kobe's young days, he was obviously the #2 scoring option to Shaq while KD was given the reigns of the Seattle Sonics franchise the day he got drafted.

Second and most important of all, Kobe had more competition in his young days, and we're talking about some of the most relentless badass scorers in the history of the NBA.

MJ obviously won his last 2 scoring titles in Kobe's first 2 seasons. Then came the legendary Allen Iverson and after him Tracy McGrady.

What's very impressive about Kobe's 1st scoring title in 05-06 was that he held off LeBron's 31.4 PPG and Iverson's 33.0 PPG to win the scoring title at 35.4 PPG. That season was so historic for scorers, I don't see that being replicated in the forseaable future, even with guys like KD and Melo.

Nowadays, guys win scoring titles barely averaging 27-28 ppg.

tredigs
04-21-2012, 02:39 PM
In Kobe's young days, he was obviously the #2 scoring option to Shaq while KD was given the reigns of the Seattle Sonics franchise the day he got drafted.

Second and most important of all, Kobe had more competition in his young days, and we're talking about some of the most relentless badass scorers in the history of the NBA.

MJ obviously won his last 2 scoring titles in Kobe's first 2 seasons. Then came the legendary Allen Iverson and after him Tracy McGrady.

What's very impressive about Kobe's 1st scoring title in 05-06 was that he held off LeBron's 31.4 PPG and Iverson's 33.0 PPG to win the scoring title at 35.4 PPG. That season was so historic for scorers, I don't see that being replicated in the forseaable future, even with guys like KD and Melo.

Nowadays, guys win scoring titles barely averaging 27-28 ppg.

Lebron is already one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. As is Kobe. Durant already beat them both when they were the clear #1 on their team and in their prime when he was barely able to drink a beer.

KD scored his 30.2 to fend off Lebron's 29.7 for his first scoring title on just 20 field goal attempts a game (the only time he's eclipsed 20 FGA's for the season). Can you imagine how much he could put up if he had a team of scrubs and shot the ball the 27+ attempts a game that Kobe did to average 35?

To put up the volume of scoring that KD does with a 60+ TS% is remarkable. Which is why so few players in history have been able to do it. And Kobe is certainly not one of them.

And your point of Shaq only hurts your case. At 22 years old (same age KD earned his second scoring title) - with Shaq to take massive pressure away - Kobe was averaging 19.5 shots a game and put up 25.1 points. KD's averaging 19.4 attempts this season while being the focal point of the opposing defense and putting up nearly 28 a game.

Jenceman
04-21-2012, 11:08 PM
You mean like Durant 3 years ago when he was a young guy and still took it? Durant already posts a higher career PPG than Kobe by the way. Also consider that Durant plays with the top scoring #2 option in the league (Westbrook is a top 5 scorer PERIOD) and the top scoring bench player. On top of that, let's also consider that he takes 3 less shots a game than Kobe - he just scores more efficiently than Kobe's best (and obviously far more efficiently than this Kobe).

Still, it's damn impressive that Kobe was able to log that many minutes and put up that many shots for such an old man in basketball years.

Though I do expect KD to finally pass up Kobe in the final week and secure his 3rd straight scoring title. And the dude's not even 24 yet? Insane.

I'd expect better, but you've already admitted to being a huge Kobe hater. Kobe came into the league at 17 behind Eddie Jones, coming off the bench. Not to mention there were established players on the Lakers.

Durant has a long way to go to even sniff Kobe's career. Nobody has been a top player before for this long like Kobe has. I like Durant, but he'll most likely phase out like all the rest. Kobe is an anomaly.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Lebron is already one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. As is Kobe. Durant already beat them both when they were the clear #1 on their team and in their prime when he was barely able to drink a beer.

KD scored his 30.2 to fend off Lebron's 29.7 for his first scoring title on just 20 field goal attempts a game (the only time he's eclipsed 20 FGA's for the season). Can you imagine how much he could put up if he had a team of scrubs and shot the ball the 27+ attempts a game that Kobe did to average 35?

To put up the volume of scoring that KD does with a 60+ TS% is remarkable. Which is why so few players in history have been able to do it. And Kobe is certainly not one of them.

And your point of Shaq only hurts your case. At 22 years old (same age KD earned his second scoring title) - with Shaq to take massive pressure away - Kobe was averaging 19.5 shots a game and put up 25.1 points. KD's averaging 19.4 attempts this season while being the focal point of the opposing defense and putting up nearly 28 a game.

Durant also gets to the line quite a few times and gets to the paint more, even moreso than young Kobe because young Kobe had to give up the entire paint area to the most dominant center in his prime. It's actually something really that Kobe was still able to get pretty good amount of free throw attempts and be relentless going towards the basket despite Shaq's lazy fat *** occupying the paint for 6 straight seasons.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-22-2012, 01:20 AM
While this is good for discussion, I honestly can't care less who gets the scoring title. Awards mean nothing when you aren't winning. And the Lakers aren't going to win anything this year.

Lakers + Giants
04-22-2012, 01:41 AM
KD's got this.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 01:45 AM
tomorrows game should be great

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 08:24 AM
While this is good for discussion, I honestly can't care less who gets the scoring title. Awards mean nothing when you aren't winning. And the Lakers aren't going to win anything this year.

You don't understand that it's these little moments that bring happiness to a fan's heart. Being psychotic and wishing for a championship every single year takes away from the greatness that you won't be able to appreciate of Kobe. You just watch, for the rest of Kobe's career, you as a "Laker fan" are going to be psychotic and over the hill mentally by wishing for a championship every single year. You won't enjoy Kobe Bryant the player, the feats he's able to accomplish as a whole, the way he's still able to juke guys 12-13 yrs younger than him, his moves, his patented fundamental fadeaway J, just everything that relates to his skillful and graceful basketball game.

You're losing sight of Kobe Bryant the player and what he's being able to accomplish, becoming the second oldest player to win a scoring title at age 33, behind the great MJ who did it at age 34 in '98.

Do you want your favorite player on your favorite team to win championships every single year? Sure.

Is it possible? Hahah, no! And saying the Lakers won't win this yr is just so premature.

Just enjoy the moment man!

3RDASYSTEM
04-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Hold up, the greatest scorer/LAKER/perimeter player in history of the NBA is going for his 3rd scoring title in 16yrs and KD is going for his third in wat like his 5th season? just to think if DURANT would have sat behind LEWIS/ALLEN for 3-4yrs,he would just be getting his first scoring title or on verge of it,KD should win it..same for KB, if he wouldnt have sat behind JONES 3yrs he would have more scoring titles

wats even funnier is this will make ESPN look like genuis because they just did a LEBRON vs field and they put KB as his era...so KB was in his 7-8th season when LEBRON entered so i guess since hes battling DURANT for scoring title it makes it look more believable...is being a backup guard turned starter/allstar a big deal? im just still trying to figure this one out, come on PSD, we tend to get to bottom of all tough ?'s .

When did a backupguard turned allstar become such a big deal? wait nevermind, the same weak *** cliche...he has 5 rings, well HORRY has 7 and KERR/PURDUE got 5 a piece also,throw FISH in there also for trifecta

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Hold up, the greatest scorer/LAKER/perimeter player in history of the NBA is going for his 3rd scoring title in 16yrs and KD is going for his third in wat like his 5th season? just to think if DURANT would have sat behind LEWIS/ALLEN for 3-4yrs,he would just be getting his first scoring title or on verge of it,KD should win it..same for KB, if he wouldnt have sat behind JONES 3yrs he would have more scoring titles

wats even funnier is this will make ESPN look like genuis because they just did a LEBRON vs field and they put KB as his era...so KB was in his 7-8th season when LEBRON entered so i guess since hes battling DURANT for scoring title it makes it look more believable...is being a backup guard turned starter/allstar a big deal? im just still trying to figure this one out, come on PSD, we tend to get to bottom of all tough ?'s .

When did a backupguard turned allstar become such a big deal? wait nevermind, the same weak *** cliche...he has 5 rings, well HORRY has 7 and KERR/PURDUE got 5 a piece also,throw FISH in there also for trifecta

First of all, KD never played with Lewis and Ray Allen. In the summer of 2007, the Sonics drafted KD #2 overall. They then traded Ray Allen to Boston for Wally Sczerbiak, Delonte West and the draft rights to Jeff Green. They then did a S&T of Rashard Lewis to Orlando (giving him that max contract).

Second, I don't even know what the hell the rest of your post means.

sixer04fan
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Pulling for Kobe I guess. He's polishing off his legacy and won't have too many seasons left to be winning scoring titles, while Durant could win still win it for years and years to come.

3RDASYSTEM
04-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Thats my whole point to say if he did, i was being sarcastic in meaning hes too damn good and would never backup ALLEN/LEWIS like KB did for JONES

Of course you wouldnt know what my post means if you dont follow basketball, of course you couldnt dissect your fav player/LAKER KB being a backupguard turned starter, thats my point i been trying to make to you so callled experts

KB era is SHAQ/DUNCAN/KG/AI not LEBRON/KD but ESPN and the agenda compare those 2 and its not even close individually, only reason its close is because KB got 4FINALS app. since 2003, but since KB was backing up a surefire first ballot HOF'er in EDDIE JONES(pure chappelle joke)he gets a pass, i get it now LAKERLAND,only in LAKERLAND

and yes KD was there when they basically got rid of LEWIS/ALLEN to build around they new 'franchise',not developing to see if KD would be,he was already one...ask yoursel this,was KB and SHAQ both FRANCHISE players when they got to LA in 1996? or did KB 'develop' into a 'franchise'...how in the hell do you develop into a franchise player? nevermind

Its like if LEBRON would have came in league in 2003 and sat behind someone for 3yrs as a backup, would he be KING JAMES/CHOSEN ONE? case closed

did any of the top 10 players of all time( and it doesnt matter what order your players are in) ever were a backup player for yrs when they came into NBA or did they take league by storm like tru legends do? from BIRD to MAGIC to WILT to ALCINDOR? i dont know it all so i may have to be educated on this one..and let me find out they did,it will make me look at'em in a diff. way far as impact/greatness

So LAKER fans who was better JONES or KB? now ask yourself how can the greater player backup the inferior player? or maybe they had it right, but EDDIE cant be better than the greatest LAKER ever right? its like everybody on here start following ball around 2000, give or take a yr

willabeast77
04-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I could see a scenario where Kobe would need about 30 pts to win the scoring title then in the final game, he starts jacking up a ton up shots simply to win it. He knows about it and I'm sure he wont rest the final game if he has a chance at winning it.

bballswishanet
04-22-2012, 01:58 PM
If Kobe really cared about winning the scoring title...

a) he wouldn't have taken only 12 shots against the Spurs even though he was hot shooting at 58% from the field that game

Kobe's quote about winning the scoring title:

“It's not very important, San Antonio was playing me single coverage yesterday, if it was important I would have gone for 50 yesterday. You guys now know I can get it. I’m not really tripping about it.”

b) he wouldn't have came back from his shin injury as early as he did since he already was the highest scorer with less than 3-5 games left. Also even if Kobe did manage to drop to second in PPG, Lakers have one game left after OKC's last game so Kobe could have came back then and easily scored however many amount of points needed to win the scoring title.

For Kobe as usual, Rings > Regular season awards

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 02:00 PM

a) he wouldn't have taken only 12 shots against the Spurs even though he was hot shooting at 58% from the field that game

ďIt's not very important, San Antonio was playing me single coverage yesterday, if it was important I would have gone for 50 yesterday. You guys now know I can get it. Iím not really tripping about it.Ē

b) he wouldn't have came back as from his shin injury as early as he did since he already was the highest scorer with less than 3-5 games left. Also even if Kobe did manage to drop to second in PPG, Lakers have one game left after OKC's last game so Kobe could have came back then and easily scored however many amount of points needed to win the scoring title.

Kobe also said in the 2010 NBA Finals on facing Boston for a game 7.

"I hate to be a buzzkill, but it's not a big deal for me"

And then he goes on to win Finals MVPs and basically says to the media and the world..."I was just trolling *****es!!!"

bballswishanet
04-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Kobe also said in the 2010 NBA Finals on facing Boston for a game 7.

"I hate to be a buzzkill, but it's not a big deal for me"

And then he goes on to win Finals MVPs and basically says to the media and the world..."I was just trolling *****es!!!"

What? There is a big difference.

If he was trying to troll about the scoring title or if he really did secretly want to win the scoring title, he wouldn't have done the two things that I posted he did.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
What? There is a big difference.

If he was trying to troll about the scoring title or if he really did secretly want to win the scoring title, he wouldn't have done the two things that I posted he did.

Haha I know, I was joking. But I still believe he gets it, and I actually do think he would really like it, but not at the expense of his health. If he dominates today against OKC and gets a big enough cushion in the scoring race and clinch that 3rd seed, he might not even play the last game @ SAC.

bballswishanet
04-22-2012, 02:45 PM
If Kobe does win, that would be really impressive.

off topic but lol @ him only having one MVP.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-22-2012, 02:51 PM
You don't understand that it's these little moments that bring happiness to a fan's heart. Being psychotic and wishing for a championship every single year takes away from the greatness that you won't be able to appreciate of Kobe. You just watch, for the rest of Kobe's career, you as a "Laker fan" are going to be psychotic and over the hill mentally by wishing for a championship every single year. You won't enjoy Kobe Bryant the player, the feats he's able to accomplish as a whole, the way he's still able to juke guys 12-13 yrs younger than him, his moves, his patented fundamental fadeaway J, just everything that relates to his skillful and graceful basketball game.

You're losing sight of Kobe Bryant the player and what he's being able to accomplish, becoming the second oldest player to win a scoring title at age 33, behind the great MJ who did it at age 34 in '98.

Do you want your favorite player on your favorite team to win championships every single year? Sure.

Is it possible? Hahah, no! And saying the Lakers won't win this yr is just so premature.

Just enjoy the moment man!

Its not that I don't want him to have success. Far from it - success for Kobe can only mean success for the Lakers. But IMO, these stupid awards have no bearing on how the LAKERS (or Kobe for that matter) can be successful. All first teams, scoring titles, etc...they are great for fans and for recognizing players. I get it. I still enjoyed the seasons after Shaq left when they were struggling and weren't truly in contention for a championship - mainly because there were some really great games and playoff series. But I sure as hell did not care that Kobe won a scoring title in that time...

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Its not that I don't want him to have success. Far from it - success for Kobe can only mean success for the Lakers. But IMO, these stupid awards have no bearing on how the LAKERS (or Kobe for that matter) can be successful. All first teams, scoring titles, etc...they are great for fans and for recognizing players. I get it. I still enjoyed the seasons after Shaq left when they were struggling and weren't truly in contention for a championship - mainly because there were some really great games and playoff series. But I sure as hell did not care that Kobe won a scoring title in that time...

Well, this scoring title will mean something really special if he wins that illustrious 6th NBA Championship with it. The last scoring champion to win a title...Kobe's own former Laker teammate the great legendary Shaquille O'Neal in 2000.

Jordan did it for all 6 of his titles, then Shaq did it in 2000. There hasn't been anyone to do it (scoring title and NBA title) in the last 12 yrs. It's time for the Black Mamba.

SportsFanatic10
04-22-2012, 04:06 PM
whoever chucks the most will get it probably...so kobe. i'd like to see kd get it though, he deserves it playing with westbrook and doing his scoring efficiently.

Chronz
04-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Thats my whole point to say if he did, i was being sarcastic in meaning hes too damn good and would never backup ALLEN/LEWIS like KB did for JONES
Why do you always mention Eddie Jones? Kobe entered the game super young on a team that was already contending. There was no time to devote the entire team to Kobes development, they developed him while competing for a title.

Now compare that situation to Durants, he came in older on a **** team that had just traded all its best player and allowed him to chuck to his hearts content. How do you know Durant wouldnt have backed up Rashard? And what would it matter if he did? These are the DEVELOPMENTAL YEARS. The least important phase of any players career and your basing your entire agenda around it.

Of course you wouldnt know what my post means if you dont follow basketball, of course you couldnt dissect your fav player/LAKER KB being a backupguard turned starter, thats my point i been trying to make to you so callled experts

Whats your point?

and yes KD was there when they basically got rid of LEWIS/ALLEN to build around they new 'franchise',not developing to see if KD would be,he was already one...ask yoursel this,was KB and SHAQ both FRANCHISE players when they got to LA in 1996? or did KB 'develop' into a 'franchise'...how in the hell do you develop into a franchise player? nevermind

Kobe as a backup was better than Durant as a starter at the same age.

Its like if LEBRON would have came in league in 2003 and sat behind someone for 3yrs as a backup, would he be KING JAMES/CHOSEN ONE? case closed

Yes. Case Reopened.

did any of the top 10 players of all time( and it doesnt matter what order your players are in) ever were a backup player for yrs when they came into NBA or did they take league by storm like tru legends do? from BIRD to MAGIC to WILT to ALCINDOR? i dont know it all so i may have to be educated on this one..and let me find out they did,it will make me look at'em in a diff. way far as impact/greatness

Use that education to check how often they came in as teens on a stacked team.

So LAKER fans who was better JONES or KB? now ask yourself how can the greater player backup the inferior player?
Yes, it happens all the time.

AnthonyTyrael
04-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Kobe's 5 points vs Durant's 20 right now and still plenty of time for Durant left. Race is almost decided. What a surprise.

AnthonyTyrael
04-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Okay, call me early bird and never mind my post before this one.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 07:01 PM
RT @dailythunder: Kevin Durant is your new NBA scoring leader. He's averaging 27.90 to Kobe's 27.86.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Kobe: 26 pts

Durant: 34 pts

I've updated it. Durant is now in the lead by a very very slight edge.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Thanks justinnum1!

showtym24
04-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Kobe goes for 40 against kings.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Kobe goes for 40 against kings.

It depends. Clippers will win tonight at home against the Hornets for sure. But their last 2 games are on the road against both the Hawks and Knicks. If they lose even one of those 2, Lakers wrap up the Pacific Division and 3rd seed, and therefore, Kobe may not even play @ Sac-town on the final day of the regular season. He may just rest, no matter even if KD wins the scoring title.

LAKobeBryant
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Durant has passed Kobe Bryant in NBA leading scorer in 2011-2012 season. OKC has 2 game left, vs Kings and vs Nuggets
LAL has 1 game left, at kings

Who do you think will win the scoring title?
http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
durant, unless westbrick takes 20+ shots a game

LA_Raiders
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I bet Westbrick is going to get his numbers, KD might play for 15min a game. They are set for the POffs...

Kobe will still play Thu to secure 3rd spot...

Kobe will take it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 03:42 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=713287

todu82
04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Kevin Durant

Sssmush
04-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Kobe

AIRMAR72
04-23-2012, 10:22 PM

KB era is SHAQ/DUNCAN/KG/AI not LEBRON/KD but ESPN and the agenda compare those 2 and its not even close individually, only reason its close is because KB got 4FINALS app. since 2003, but since KB was backing up a surefire first ballot HOF'er in EDDIE JONES(pure chappelle joke)he gets a pass, i get it now LAKERLAND,only in LAKERLAND

So LAKER fans who was better JONES or KB? now ask yourself how can the greater player backup the inferior player? or maybe they had it right, but EDDIE cant be better than the greatest LAKER ever right? its like everybody on here start following ball around 2000, give or take a yr
well said

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Durant with 18 in the first half.

bholly
04-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Breakdown of what Kobe has to score tomorrow depending on what KD gets tonight:

http://www.lakersnation.com/how-many-points-does-kobe-need-to-score-to-win-scoring-title/2012/04/24/

If you want to extend it to scores that aren't in the table, the formula is

KB >= (606/66) + (59/66)*KD

Where KD is the amount Durant scores tonight. Round it up to the nearest whole number, and Kobe needs to score that much or more tomorrow to win the scoring title. Eg if KD scored 73 tonight, Kobe needs (606/66)+(59/66)*73 = 74.44 => 75 to win the title.

Note that this (and the table in the link) only apply if both play. If KD sits tonight, Kobe needs to play and score 35 tomorrow. If KD plays and Kobe sits, KD needs 21 to win it.
If they both sit, obviously KD wins.

AnthonyTyrael
04-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Durant is in scoring mode... 20 at halftime.

I think, if Kobe would care, he'd be still averaging 32 points, like he used to earlier this year. He can score in stretches, over a month or two, while shooting bad and when he decides to really go off... he can reach heights no one else can but he is not doing this for a reason.

Durant is THE presence besides Kobe and he's the future too, only contested and held back by his teammates scoring at times. Hope KD gets his third scoring title. Ask yourself how many more will and can Durant collect throughout his entire career?

AnthonyTyrael
04-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Finished with 32. Kobe needs 38.

tredigs
04-25-2012, 10:33 PM
So if the Knicks hold on and beat the Clippers tonight then there is no reason for Kobe to play tomorrow other than to try to win the scoring title, right? They can't gain or lose in the standings.

He has a good excuse in saying they want him to play an extra game to get his legs back after sitting for 7. Might use that one.

LakersIn5
04-25-2012, 10:41 PM
kobe get 38!!!!

Avenged
04-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Don't really care about this award. Durant can have it. Kobe needs to play tomorrow though - Lakers have no Metta, Barnes, or Ebanks. If he plays, might as well chuck up as many shots as he can, it's meaningless anyways!

bballswishanet
04-25-2012, 10:49 PM
So if the Knicks hold on and beat the Clippers tonight then there is no reason for Kobe to play tomorrow other than to try to win the scoring title, right? They can't gain or lose in the standings.

He has a good excuse in saying they want him to play an extra game to get his legs back after sitting for 7. Might use that one.

:facepalm:

lol, at least get your facts right before hating. Kobe tries not to miss games for reasons like no improvement in the standings because as he said in the past(and also showed in the past by not missing out on games like this), he plays every game that he can because fans bought tickets to see him.

btw, playing a game to get his legs back after missing 8 games recently in a season that you rarely have practice time is not an excuse, especially when the playoffs are this close. :facepalm:

owned.

tredigs
04-25-2012, 10:58 PM

lol, at least get your facts right before hating. Kobe tries not to miss games for reasons like no improvement in the standings because as he said in the past(and also showed in the past by not missing out on games like this), he plays every game that he can because fans bought tickets to see him.

btw, playing a game to get his legs back after missing 8 games recently in a season that you rarely have practice time is not an excuse, especially when the playoffs are this close. :facepalm:

owned.

Two facepalms and an "owned" concerning an innocuous comment I could care less about. Nice. How's 14?

Anyway, why did Kobe sit the last two games of the season in 2010?

JNA17
04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
So Kobe needs 38 to win it, and he has to do it against the Kings. Tomorrow will be the most interesting meaningless game :D.

Eg714
04-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Kobe will get it.

bballswishanet
04-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Anyway, why did Kobe sit the last two games of the season in 2010?

getting owned got to you? :D

1) I said he TRIES not to miss games for that reason.

2) you tell me why Kobe missed those games? You wont because you know it will own you. he missed those games not because of one injury, but more than one. lol, had nothing to do with "winning wont improve standings" :facepalm:

owned again.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Kobe's aim is simply 40. Kings last game in Sactown, make it memorable for them Black Mamba!

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Kobe's aim is simply 40. Kings last game in Sactown, make it memorable for them Black Mamba!

Baller1
04-26-2012, 12:54 AM
Don't play Kobe, you don't need to.

numba1CHANGsta
04-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Kobe will be the only starter playing, so 40 could be easily achieved. Kobe will not stand pat and let some young kid win more scoring titles than him! haha but damn KD is gonna be Top 5 all time scoring list when its all said and done :)

bballswishanet
04-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Don't play Kobe, you don't need to.

Kobe tries not to miss "meaningless" games that wont improve standings or games that "he doesn't have to play" because as he said in the past(and also showed in the past by not missing out on games like this), he plays every game that he can because fans bought tickets to see him.

btw, playing the game to get his legs back after missing 8 games recently in a season that you rarely have practice time is another reason for Kobe to play, especially when the playoffs are this close.

Lakers + Giants
04-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Kobe should go into KoME mode. Go for 100. Might as well! This game doesn't even count for us anyways!

C-Style
04-26-2012, 02:03 AM

What did you say???

Raph12
04-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Durant didn't need tonight's game or the game where he went 7-19 in three quarters... He did it for the scoring title/MVP... Kobe will try for 40 and I'm not going to lie, if he get's it, I'll laugh pretty hard lol.

C-Style
04-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Durant played 40 minutes tonight in a meaningless game. OKC fans don't have a leg to stand on against Kobe going for his points tomorrow.

basketfan4life
04-26-2012, 02:33 AM
i don't know what is wrong with playing just 1 game to get the scoring title, it's things like this that makes the game more interesting.

Kobe can go public and say "i wanna win the scoring title so i'll try to go for 40." And i'd be totally fine with it.

JNA17
04-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Durant played 40 minutes tonight in a meaningless game. OKC fans don't have a leg to stand on against Kobe going for his points tomorrow.

Its interesting how not many people have pointed out that Durant has been in chucker mode the last handful of games lately. Which is probably due to wanting to get the scoring title/MVP.

naps
04-26-2012, 03:12 AM
Kobe shouldn't play the game anyway. I see all the seasoned superstars and vets taking rests all over the league in these meaningless games. But I'll be watching the game if he plays anyway to see if he keeps shooting even after a bad shooting start.

Cal827
04-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Kobe shouldn't play the game anyway. I see all the seasoned superstars and vets taking rests all over the league in these meaningless games. But I'll be watching the game if he plays anyway to see if he keeps shooting even after a bad shooting start.

He shouldn't, but according to that ESPN article. He's going to..

SACRAMENTO -- With the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference playoffs already locked up heading into Thursday's regular-season finale against the Sacramento Kings, the Los Angeles Lakers' coaching staff is planning to sit the team's stars and use the game as a talent evaluator for its young players.

With one caveat: Kobe Bryant could be the lone starter lacing them up with the substitutes.

Via: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7856712/los-angeles-lakers-rest-all-starters-kobe-bryant-regular-season-finale-sacramento-kings

:facepalm: Now these two teams don't like each other.... I'm curious to see how the Kings respond when Kobe is driving to the rim. This could end really badly. I'm in agreement with you; he should be sitting.. or at most
let him only play the first half, then rest him.. but since it's Mike Brown.. He'll probably play 47 minutes and have to play center for about half of them.

bballswishanet
04-26-2012, 03:45 AM

lol, at least get your facts right before hating. Kobe tries not to miss "meaningless" games that wont improve standings because as he said in the past(and also showed in the past by not missing out on games like this), he plays every game that he can because fans bought tickets to see him. He always played unless injured in "meaningless" games instead of resting because he said fans payed to see him.

btw, playing the game to get his legs back after missing 8 games recently in a season that you rarely have practice time is another reason for Kobe to play, especially when the playoffs are this close.

owned.

bballswishanet
04-26-2012, 03:46 AM
whoever chucks the most will get it probably...so kobe. i'd like to see kd get it though, he deserves it playing with westbrook and doing his scoring efficiently.

Kobe is averaging 23 FGA this season. So what would you consider "chucking for a scoring title"? Keep in mind that Artest and Barnes is out, and if a few other starters may not play, than those FGA numbers will have to go up. So being that he is already averaging 23 FGA and that he has to take more because of all the players out, how many FG attempts would you consider "chucking for a scoring title" tomorrow?

Bruno
04-26-2012, 03:48 AM

Have some perspective. You present your analysis as if Bryant couldn't have sat out vs. San Antonio and Oklahoma City, in order to preserve his lead over Durant. Had Bryant sat out those two games as "all the seasoned superstars and vets" have been doing, his scoring average would still be at 28.07. Durant is at 28.03 after tonights game against Denver. Bryant could have sat out and won the scoring title, but he wanted to come back because he knew how important those games were, and he wanted to be there to help his team win.

Now that he's been passed, a challenge has been presented; he may gun for it and score the 38 points needed (he scored 38 vs. Sacramento in early March). But lets not pretend like he's gone out of his way in this final week to win the scoring title, it's been the exact opposite. Be it taking 12 shots against single coverage vs. San Antonio, or deciding to come back against the Wests two best teams with playoff positioning on the line. You'd be the first to criticism him if he goes for it tomorrow, so you might as well acknowledge that he could have sat and won it. he put going to battle with his guys against the wests elite teams over preserving his lead, and to present it as anything else is rubbish.

kblo247
04-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Durant didn't need tonight's game or the game where he went 7-19 in three quarters... He did it for the scoring title/MVP... Kobe will try for 40 and I'm not going to lie, if he get's it, I'll laugh pretty hard lol.
This

He will go for it especially since he can close Arco down at the same time by going for it, essentially telling the King fans once again y'all my *****, I own your team and city.

He gets to close Arco Arena down on top of the scoring title in his 16th year. He lives for that ****, and I think it being Arco makes it too sweet to pass up

naps
04-26-2012, 04:24 AM
Some people are getting ultra-defensive here because they smell what's coming tomorrow night.

bballswishanet
04-26-2012, 04:25 AM
So for people who say Kobe will "chuck to win the scoring title", here is a question:

Kobe is averaging 23 FGA this season. So what would you consider "chucking for a scoring title"? Keep in mind that Artest and Barnes is out, and if a few other starters may not play, than those FGA numbers will have to go up. So being that he is already averaging 23 FGA and that he has to take more because of all the players out, how many FG attempts would you consider "chucking for a scoring title" tomorrow?

Remember, Chucking for the scoring title is not the same as chucking. Some people say he will chuck to win the scoring title, meaning he will shoot more than usual to win. If his usual is 23, than what is "chucking for scoring title". Keep in mind that ATLEAST A STARTER and A KEY BENCH PLAYER wont play probably.

Some people will refuse to answer the question because they want to criticize Kobe tomorrow no matter what.

b@llhog24
04-26-2012, 04:25 AM

lol, at least get your facts right before hating. Kobe tries not to miss "meaningless" games that wont improve standings because as he said in the past(and also showed in the past by not missing out on games like this), he plays every game that he can because fans bought tickets to see him. He always played unless injured in "meaningless" games instead of resting because he said fans payed to see him.

owned.

Lol oh man you don't know what you've just started. :laugh: :laugh:

naps
04-26-2012, 04:36 AM
So for people who say Kobe will "chuck to win the scoring title", here is a question:

Remember, Chucking for the scoring title is not the same as chucking. Some people say he will chuck to win the scoring title, meaning he will shoot more than usual to win. If his usual is 23, than what is "chucking for scoring title". Keep in mind that ATLEAST A STARTER and A KEY BENCH PLAYER wont play.

Some people will refuse to answer the question because they want to criticize Kobe tomorrow no matter what.

As long as he keeps shooting ~42%, it will be counted as chucking regardless of number of shots. Just like the entire season. If he's shooting high percentage and that's helping his team to win more than making it tough then it's all good.

bballswishanet
04-26-2012, 04:50 AM
Read: That is not the question. Chucking for the scoring title is not the same as chucking. Some people say he will chuck to win the scoring title, meaning he will shoot more than usual to win. If his usual is 23, than what is "chucking for scoring title".

Some people say Kobe will chuck tomorrow for to try to win the scoring title. Even if you think his average FGA is chucking, that is not the same as "chucking for the sole purpose of winning the scoring title tomorrow".

Lol, again, chucking is not the same as chucking for the scoring title.

:D haters dont want to answer the question

billsftw
04-26-2012, 06:08 AM
ehh kobe's the better scorer so he deserves it

Iron24th
04-26-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm sad for who will defend Kobe tonight.

Yankeefan213
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm sad for who will defend Kobe tonight.

He said it didnt matter to him that much, and I believe him. If he wanted it that bad he would already have it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
The guy was the scoring leader for 90 percent of the season, sits out 7 games, and then plays 2 games and does down to #2. You guys are delusional if you think he's not going for it. Owning the scoring title for most of the season and then to just let it slip away at the end? Nah, he's not that stupid.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
If anyone uses the Kobe is selfish for playing for the scoring title, well, then Durant is even more selfish. The Spurs locked up the one seed in the West, yet Durant still played 2 meaningless home games Tuesday and Wednesday.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Espn

at some point in his career, likely in the latter stages of the 16 nba seasons heís now amassed in a los angeles lakers uniform, kobe bryant stopped caring about the persona we expect a star athlete to have.

Maybe the turn came in midair, on one of the many flights he took in and out of colorado in 2003 and 2004 while being chastised by the entire country. Perhaps it was after the dust had settled on very public falling outs with the coach and star player from his first three title runs, in which saw he received the brunt of the blame. Or most likely, it was those status-fortifying fourth and fifth rings, the ones he won. Itís hard to pinpoint exactly, but somewhere lost amidst all the awards and accolades and success, bryant has accepted and embraced that, despite his immense popularity, he may not be the most well-received player in the public eye. At the very least, he has just stopped caring.

And boy, is it refreshing.

He swears in interviews, so much so that he made it his new yearís resolution to stop doing so (which didnít last very long). After winning his fifth title, his immediate response to a question about what it meant to him was, ďi just got one more than shaq.Ē and he admitted that he went into last yearís all-star game in l.a. Looking to break the scoring record and did everything could to follow up on it (he didnít, but he came close).

Bryant has always been brash; he took brandy to his high school prom and wore sunglasses atop his shaved dome as he announced that heíd be skipping college and taking "his talents" to the nba long before lebron, as si's lee jenkins reminded us this week. But with a decade-plus of exploits now under his belt and the leagueís only no-trade clause at his disposal, bryant has become downright brazen. In the same way your parents are willing to say and maybe wear things that embarrass the heck out of you without any remorse, kobeís comfort in his place in the league allows him to do what he wants, which is often to shoot from the hip.

That attitude has both cultivated and hindered his game, as carte blanche is also what affords him all those seemingly unquestioned shot opportunities. But in a league so bogged down by talk of a playersí image and what can and cannot be said, so much so that it may be altering the way some behave and make their decisions, bryant remains one of the few willing to occasionally step outside of the public- and media-crafted conventions (regardless of whether or not itís in an attempt to convey or bolster a carefully constructed image of superiority). His feats and maniacal quest for even greater feats may make him seem inhuman or robotic, but the openness with which he lusts after them is both rare and welcome in a sports culture that offers precious few moments of honesty.

The latest example came on the eve of the final night of the 2011-12 regular season, as bryant and the lakers head to sacramento with the year-end scoring title on the line. The 33-year-old bryant is averaging 27.86 points per game. Kevin durant is averaging an nba-best 28.03 points. In order to finish ahead of durant, bryant will have to score 38 points or more.

With little to gain against the kings, the lakers have said that they will likely sit most of their starters Ö except, perhaps, bryant. Kobe will make his final decision at shootaround, but the presumption, based on his declaration last week that heís ďnot on vacationĒ and that kobe is, well, kobe, is that heíll play.

The decision may not be a wise one, especially for a player who just missed seven games because of a shin injury and averages over 38 minutes a game, at age 33. But unlike most players, kobe has made it clear that statistics and his place in league history matters. A scoring title is a relatively minor accomplishment on a resume like the one bryant has assembled, but years from now when weíre debating his place in league, such things will be brought up and factored in, and an almost-scoring title, even if it is by a fraction of a point, wonít even register. As frivolous as they may be, those conversations matter to many, including kobe. And despite quotes to the contrary, itís naive to think that many, many other players donít agree.

Kevin durant has brushed aside any talk about the significance of a third straight scoring belt at the tender age of 23, only feeding into the humble persona that defines both him and this new generation of nba stars. But a noted fierce competitor, itís a little hard to believe that durant is completely disinterested, even if it is an individual award. With his emotions often hidden better than his many tattoos, itís hard to tell.

Besides, while durant may not have made any blatant attempt to pad his scoring numbers in his final regular-season appearance, a 106-101 loss to the nuggets in which he had 32 points, the thunder still had home-court advantage in a potential miami-oklahoma city nba finals to play for.

The lakers, however, have very little to gain in their 66th and final game. Which may seem like an open invitation to shut it all down, but itís also the perfect opportunity to let give kobe free rein for the night. The risk of injury is looming, but how is playing on this night any more dangerous than it was in the previous games this season, or the 1,000 or so before it?

Just let kobe be kobe.

Heís going to be either way.

Iron24th
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
He said it didnt matter to him that much, and I believe him. If he wanted it that bad he would already have it.

He'll go for it.
We're talking about Kobe.

tredigs
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM

owned.
Owned.

KD now has more scoring titles than Kobe, 5 years before Kobe had one, and on efficiency that Kobe has never sniffed.

Now, lets see if he can do the same with Finals MVPs...

Bruno
04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Some people are getting ultra-defensive here because they smell what's coming tomorrow night.

glad to see you didn't even bother building an argument. it would have been a waste of your time, considering it's foundation.

Bruno
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Owned.

KD now has more scoring titles than Kobe, 5 years before Kobe had one, and on efficiency that Kobe has never sniffed.

Now, lets see if he can do the same with Finals MVPs...

defense? durant will never be on 19-27 year old Kobes level defensively. not even close.

hail2skins4life
04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
kobe has decided to sit the night out and rest for the playoffs according to espn. hes handing the title over to durant. sucks cuz he had it the whole season

AnthonyTyrael
04-26-2012, 07:28 PM
I was expecting this since more than a week now. We all don't know Kobe (but we act like we do), but doing this, sounds much more like him than the other way. If you think otherwise, you probably missed it.

tredigs
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM
defense? durant will never be on 19-27 year old Kobes level defensively. not even close.

You may be right, but I have a strong feeling you won't be.

Durant is already hilariously underrated as a defender. He was ranked 64th overall on synergy defensively - 20th on ISO's - this season. His opponents PER via 82games was an elite 12.4 to go along with a 101 defensive rating and 3.7 defensive win shares (9th overall in the NBA). And I think he and D. Wade were the only guys to average at least 1.2+ steals and 1.2+ blocks.

He's a terrific/active defender, and is ultra long+athletic. His growth potential defensively far exceeds Kobe's (who he now destroys in that - and virtually any other - department of ball), and I have a feeling that his work ethic will see it through.

Remember when Lebron was considered a joke of a defender, then "OK" (when he started becoming elite)? That's the stage that Durant is in right now, and any strength deficiency that he gives up in comparison to LBJ can be mitigated by his height/length advantage. And Lebron is a far better/more dynamic defender than prime Kobe.

Either way, I don't see the advantage that prime Kobe may have over prime Durant making up the difference between what we see from pre-prime Durant to prime Kobe offensively (rebounding advantage and playmaking advantages coming out as a wash). Who knows what the next few years will bring... scary to imagine if you're not a fan.

bballswishanet
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM

ďIt's not very important, San Antonio was playing me single coverage yesterday, if it was important I would have gone for 50 yesterday. You guys now know I can get it. Iím not really tripping about it.Ē

b) he wouldn't have came back from his shin injury as early as he did since he already was the highest scorer with less than 3-5 games left. Also even if Kobe did manage to drop to second in PPG, Lakers have one game left after OKC's last game so Kobe could have came back then and easily scored however many amount of points needed to win the scoring title.

told you so...

:cool:

Baller1
04-27-2012, 02:36 AM
3-peat!

greg_ory_2005
04-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Who cares who wins the scoring title? Doesn't mean crap if you don't win championships.

LakersMaster24
04-27-2012, 04:38 AM
3-peat!

:laugh2:

Only three peats that count are rings buddy. Durant can ten-peat with scoring titles no one cares about that :laugh:

tredigs
04-27-2012, 12:24 PM

Only three peats that count are rings buddy. Durant can ten-peat with scoring titles no one cares about that :laugh:

Funny, that's exactly what they said about MJ as his team gained experience/continuity and the ships started rolling.

KD will get his.

But the scoring titles are really impressive imo. I mean, more than Kobe has NOW and this is about half a decade younger than Kobe had his first?? Impressive stuff.

Baller1
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM

MJ seven-peated with scoring titles before he won his first ring at age 28... Thanks though.

dh144498
04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
MJ seven-peated with scoring titles before he won his first ring at age 28... Thanks though.

who cares....1 ring > 340573485 scoring titles.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Actually, he won 4 straight scoring titles with zero titles.

Then he added that with 3 more scoring titles with 3 nba titles.

Then he came back from retirement and won 3 more scoring titles with 3 more nba titles.