Doc- Winning the division with all the injuries they have had

Vogel-Going from the 8th seed last season to the 3 seed this season

Pop-Getting the 1 seed again

Gentry-Has the suns on the brink of returning to the playoffs

Other-If i'm forgetting someone just write it in

JasonJohnHorn
04-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Pop.

He won't even have a single player on his roster to make an All-NBA team this year, and yet he's got a shot at the best record in the league.

Animosity
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
As much as I love Thibs what Doc has done in bean town is amazing. Ray off the bench Garnet at the 5 . Playing out of their minds. No doubt that they have a lot of talent but them playing like they are is all coaching.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Yea, i dont think there are any clear favorites here.

boolish
04-20-2012, 04:11 PM
it's going to be POP.

Joshtd1
04-20-2012, 04:14 PM
I think Pop should. Only one player playing more then 30 minutes a game, and its still only 32 mins. Missed Manu for almost half of the season and we still have the #1 seed.

Also could see Thibs since the Bulls have the #1 with Rose being out for his extended period of time as well.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2012, 04:15 PM
I think Pop should. Only one player playing more then 30 minutes a game, and its still only 32 mins. Missed Manu for almost half of the season and we still have the #1 seed.

Also could see Thibs since the Bulls have the #1 with Rose being out for his extended period of time as well.

haha, you spent a month *****ing about Pops to me on FB!

But yes, I agree with you here.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
My list would be

pop
thibs
doc
vogel
gentry

Wade>You
04-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Pop. Gets his vets rest, plays/develops his younger players, and still wins. Great coach.

Thibs deserves honorable mention for the same reasons and still winning despite Rose's injuries.

Joshtd1
04-20-2012, 04:26 PM
haha, you spent a month *****ing about Pops to me on FB!

But yes, I agree with you here.

:shrug: The man can be extremely stubborn and still angers me that he plays Bonner over Splitter

Still can't deny he has done a good job with rest and all that and us getting #1 seed.

knicks4life33
04-20-2012, 04:27 PM
go with pops.

kdspurman
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Pop.

He won't even have a single player on his roster to make an All-NBA team this year, and yet he's got a shot at the best record in the league.

You don't think Parker will make any of them? I'd think he can be considered for 1st but won't make it but I'd think 2nd at least. Especially if they hang on to the #1 seed

Furymaker
04-20-2012, 04:51 PM
thibs , pop , vogel

king4day
04-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Vogel. We say the Spurs have no all-stars but they have much more talent than Indy, yet the right combinations have helped make them a top team in the league.

ManRam
04-20-2012, 05:05 PM
I'll exercise my homer just for a second. While I don't think he deserve to be #1, nor top 3, I think Stan did an amazing job this season. Sucks we fell from the three seed and that Dwight got hurt, because that really kills his shot at being in the discussion. What he did with this team, that had so many damn distractions, was great. You could tell a lot of the players were so indifferent at times this season, yet he kept on chugging along.

It sucks Dwight hates him so much...not sure how many better coaches there are out there. My guess is he doesn't like demanding coaches, and would rather play for a "players coach". Oh well. I hope he doesn't truly force Stan out. It won't be for the better.

OK, no that my agenda has been stated...

It's between Pops and Thibs. I think Thibs deserves it, however back-to-back winners just never happen. I think Pops will get it, and he's certainly not undeserving. I do think the other three coaches listed are 3-5 in some order.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2012, 05:12 PM
:shrug: The man can be extremely stubborn and still angers me that he plays Bonner over Splitter

Still can't deny he has done a good job with rest and all that and us getting #1 seed.

I have always stuck up for Pops are arguably the best coach out there. Pops is a master of time management and knowing when to push it and when to hold it back.

kdspurman
04-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Vogel. We say the Spurs have no all-stars but they have much more talent than Indy, yet the right combinations have helped make them a top team in the league.

Indy has quite of bit of talent themselves actually. And SA only had 1 all star this year. Only Parker is playing 30+ minutes, so Pop is getting the most out of guys like Green, Leonard, Splitter, Neal, etc... He trusts his bench in big games, and they've been a big part to their success this year.

xk4
04-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Homer vote, Doc has had to overcome the most

Green out to heart surgery
Wilcox out to heart surgery
JO retires due to persistent wrist injury and being a dinosaur
Pierce misses training camp and first week of the season with foot injury
Ray Allen misses 20 games with ankle injuries, might not be ready for playoffs
Rondo out for 12 games and counting
Bass out for 10 games
Pietrus out with grade 3 concussion, misses 10 games
Dooling misses 20 games with hip injury
Marquis returns from spine surgery, is terrible all year

Team somehow wins division. Gets my vote

PacersForLife
04-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Indy has quite of bit of talent themselves actually. And SA only had 1 all star this year. Only Parker is playing 30+ minutes, so Pop is getting the most out of guys like Green, Leonard, Splitter, Neal, etc... He trusts his bench in big games, and they've been a big part to their success this year.

Yes, Pops always makes average players look good.

mzgrizz
04-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Was going to give my man Lionel Hollins the nod for taking a perennial losing team and turning them into a great repeat playoff team.
However, after reading the posts, I'll go with Pops after all

DragonJaii
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Pop fo sure

Raph12
04-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Pop all day, every day.

Giraffes Rule
04-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Voted for Gentry just to give him some love. Even if it's mostly Steve Nash, getting that roster to the playoffs is amazing.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Voted for Gentry just to give him some love. Even if it's mostly Steve Nash, getting that roster to the playoffs is amazing.

Agree.

In terms of doing the most with the least, gentry has to be at the top. Probably followed by doc.

PleaseBeNice
04-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Pop, then Vogel, Then Thibs, then Gentry

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Bass out for 10 games

Coach of the year award shouldn't be a sympathy vote.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Coach of the year award shouldn't be a sympathy vote.

You have to take those factors into consideration...

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-20-2012, 08:28 PM
You have to take those factors into consideration...

Doc Rivers has already been basically handed the Coach of the Year Award before in his career. Remember when he got the award for leading the Orlando Magic to a 41-41 record and they didn't even make the playoffs in 2000?

xk4
04-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Sympathy vote would be if he had to deal with those injuries and finished with the Bobcats' record.

He had to deal with those injuries, rely heavily on minimum contract guys, a d-leaguer, rookies, and play KG out of position all year. And the team won a division title. That's good coaching.

jimbobjarree
04-20-2012, 09:30 PM
huge respect for Pops

BALLER R
04-20-2012, 10:45 PM

Bass out for 10 games

I didn't realize boston went through so much. But also lets be honest their competition for the division was New York and Philly. Ok only New york and they went through a lot too so I don't think it's a surprise they won the division.

LASportsFan1996
04-21-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm Taking Pop

xk4
04-21-2012, 12:43 AM
I didn't realize boston went through so much. But also lets be honest their competition for the division was New York and Philly. Ok only New york and they went through a lot too so I don't think it's a surprise they won the division.

Very true, the team was helped a lot by Philly's collapse. Pop will probably win but it was a good turnaround from their worst start in 5 years

fin_frenzy_84
04-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Thibs should clearly win it. People think Pop should because Manu was injured half the season but lets be real Rose has been hurt ALOT of the season, Rip has been hurt most of the season and Deng was even out for around 10 games and yet the Bulls still have the best record.

shep33
04-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Paul Silas, because he's still alive

ChitownSports16
04-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Spos.....

Sinestro
04-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Pop, Thibs, then Vogel

Laces-Out
04-21-2012, 06:01 AM
Pop 100%

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 09:38 AM
^wtf?

Oski H
04-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Derrick rose missing 20+ games and rip Hamilton missing a ton of games also. If anyone had said that at the beginning of the season that Chicago would have the best record in basketball considering those circumstances, no one would have believed it. Its a true testament to his coaching

Jamiecballer
04-21-2012, 10:30 AM
he won't win coach of the year but i think Casey has been incredible

Rivera
04-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Id go Doc/pop, vogel, gentry

billsftw
04-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Spos.....

you voted for thibs...

i like how bulls fans just come in here and vote for thibs even though they know he's not going to get it, like it's going to affect the real life voting process somehow...

thekmp211
04-21-2012, 11:29 AM
doc has been spectacular, i'll go with pop this year but lots of good choices.

AIRMAR72
04-21-2012, 11:31 AM
coach rivers

Fly
04-21-2012, 11:48 AM
I think Thibs should get it, but Pop most likely will, because back to back winners rarely happen

Reaper7
04-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Homer pick but Thibs

Forever35
04-21-2012, 10:17 PM
To me it has to be Doc... Nothing against Pop, but he he had his choice when it came to resting players... Doc had to deal with injuries and injecting new players into the starting lineup... Doc lost his starting C and starting SG during the meat of the season... He also had to deal with major trade rumors, and still was able to keep the ship going straight...

Doc Rivers for Coach of the Year 2012...!!! :win:

InRoseWeTrust
04-22-2012, 12:48 AM
It has to go to Thibs. NO ONE has had to deal with injuries like him, yet the Bulls are still close to clinching the best record in the league. The fact that he can plug-and-play with guys like Lucas is a testament to how great a system he runs.

Eg714
04-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Mike brown.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 01:26 AM
No way, its going to be Pop.

kylem4711
04-22-2012, 01:46 AM
pop all day every day.

Chacarron
04-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Pops has done a great job of resting his main players and using his role players to their full potential.

Rndy
04-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Thibs should get it gets the fastest to 100 wins ever. Has the number 1 record with a back court that has missed a ton of games. What he's done is amazing and he deserves it over everyone else.

BUT Phil Jackson and Red never got back to back so really if they didn't get it nobody should ever get it.

For me it's between Pops, Vogel, Van gundy, Doc

Pops is the best coach in the nba and I don't think you can argue it. Thibs is coming for him but Pops has done it longer and has the rings to prove it

Vogel turned a team that last year might have not even made the playoffs after they lost to the Bulls and they fired their head coach. What he's done is get a talented team confidence.

Van Gundy honestly what he continues to do with the talent he has is incredible looking at that team over the years they lost all their wing defenders like Lee and Barnes and really did nothing to get their team better. Yet Van Gundy continues to do a great job in a terrible situation for him when he gets fired there is going to be a lucky team Thunder if their smart.

Doc he's done a great job with an injured team and is a hell of a coach.

Pops has my vote if they won't let Thibs win it again.

biglord
04-22-2012, 03:06 AM
if the bull win the next two games and clinch the best record in the league two years in a row you have to give it to thibs with all injured players they have had this year, taking nothing away from pop he does a great job.

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Yea, pretty sure it will be pop winning this.

k.smith904
04-22-2012, 12:52 PM
It has to go to Thibs. NO ONE has had to deal with injuries like him, yet the Bulls are still close to clinching the best record in the league. The fact that he can plug-and-play with guys like Lucas is a testament to how great a system he runs.

this, but Thibs is gonna get Karl Malone'd.

The NBA likes to pick the undeserved runner up over the clear cut back to back COY.

Do't get me wrong, Pop has done an amazing job with that team, but theres no way he outcoached Thibs this year. We played without our starting backcourt for half the year and are still on top.

DR_1
04-22-2012, 01:04 PM
1. Thibs - Still getting a ton from his team without his one top 5 player
2. Doc - Lineup adjustments were just genius
3. Pop - Great job of getting his team to play a style that fit them
4. Vogel - Same as Pop but a smaller degree of success
5. Mike Woodsen - Got the Knicks to play defense. 'Nough said.

kdspurman
04-22-2012, 01:13 PM
The Spurs are battling for the #1 seed without even trying. Getting his bench to play at a high level and putting all the right pieces in the right places for the most part. Not to mention Manu missing a ton of games as well.

That said, I would not be upset or object to Doc or Thibs getting it.

JayW_1023
04-22-2012, 02:12 PM
^^^
I would. As great a job as Thibs has done, him have having more COY awards than either Pop or Phil Jackson is a travesty.

It should be Pops to lose.

SportsAndrew25
04-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Its between Gregg Popovich and Tom Thibodeau for me. The former took a roster of veterans and made them the top seed in the Western Conference. The latter has been able to win in spite of the frequent losses of Derrick Rose from the lineup.

kdspurman
04-22-2012, 02:42 PM
^^^
I would. As great a job as Thibs has done, him have having more COY awards than either Pop or Phil Jackson is a travesty.

It should be Pops to lose.

Good point. I mean there were some people who didn't have the Spurs in the playoffs this year. They're certainly over achieving. When you put it that way in terms of more than Pop/Phil it kinda makes me think otherwise :laugh2:

k.smith904
04-22-2012, 02:48 PM
its gonna be pop.

mjt20mik
04-22-2012, 02:52 PM
pop

k.smith904
04-22-2012, 02:54 PM
im an idiot.

Ezio
04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
I would like for Pop to win it for that Too OLD DNP

ManRam
04-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Van Gundy honestly what he continues to do with the talent he has is incredible looking at that team over the years they lost all their wing defenders like Lee and Barnes and really did nothing to get their team better. Yet Van Gundy continues to do a great job in a terrible situation for him when he gets fired there is going to be a lucky team Thunder if their smart.

Van Gundy getting fired would be so great for both him and whoever gets him. Not only will he probably end up making more money, but he'd probably end up on a better team and will be free of the drama. I won't feel bad for him at all honestly if he gets fired. It will suck morally, and it would suck to see him get boned again...but he'll land on his feet for sure.

The only person that loses if Stan gets fired are the Magic.

I mean, the guy even changed his whole attitude. Less demanding, less pessimism and criticism...and still did a great job with that train wreck of a team (were solidly in the 3 seed for a while before the collapse). All just to potentially be dicked over by a little girl personified as a 6-11 athletic freak.

JayW_1023
04-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Van Gundy getting fired would be so great for both him and whoever gets him. Not only will he probably end up making more money, but he'd probably end up on a better team and will be free of the drama. I won't feel bad for him at all honestly if he gets fired. It will suck morally, and it would suck to see him get boned again...but he'll land on his feet for sure.

The only person that loses if Stan gets fired are the Magic.

I mean, the guy even changed his whole attitude. Less demanding, less pessimism and criticism...and still did a great job with that train wreck of a team (were solidly in the 3 seed for a while before the collapse). All just to potentially be dicked over by a little girl personified as a 6-11 athletic freak.

And he will always be a better ballhandler than that little girl personified as a 6'11 athletic freak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-GoR28LILo

JayW_1023
04-22-2012, 03:38 PM
"Whatever you can put together, put it together" - SVG.

DaLyingofJungl3
04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Thibbys.
The fact the Bulls dont need D-Rose and they were able to so many games without him says alot. Thibs got his team buying into the system(defense). Best record in the LG. #1 defensive team in the nba.

VCaintdead17
04-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Why not Vogel?

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Why not Vogel?

solid candidate.