PDA

View Full Version : Will D12 still be a top candidate for DPY?

srfr4life
04-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Will D12 still be a top candidate for DPY?

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 12:05 PM
good question. Im not sure to be honest. I still think he's top 5 but i dont think he is the favorite.

DragonJaii
04-20-2012, 12:06 PM
don't think he'll win this year

Stinkyoutsider
04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I think he'll have a great shot to win it this year. He got off to a great start and is just now having serious back problems that take him out for the last 6 or 7 games. I think he's done enough damage to opposing offenses for him to win.

I sure hope the journalists voting for the DPY this year don't take his flip flopping on where to play into account...

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-20-2012, 12:35 PM
I think he'll have a great shot to win it this year. He got off to a great start and is just now having serious back problems that take him out for the last 6 or 7 games. I think he's done enough damage to opposing offenses for him to win.

I sure hope the journalists voting for the DPY this year don't take his flip flopping on where to play into account...

He's out for the playoffs too. And he's only hurt his team this season. He shouldn't get any award this yr IMO.

Swashcuff
04-20-2012, 12:46 PM
He's out for the playoffs too. And he's only hurt his team this season. He shouldn't get any award this yr IMO.

Dwight has only hurt his team this season? Interesting. That team wouldn't win 20 games without Dwight but okay :confused:

knicks=love
04-20-2012, 12:55 PM
hopefully this makes a case for tyson chandler. dwight is a hell of a player, but i don't think he deserves it this year. lebron is a strong candidate for it though.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Dwight has only hurt his team this season? Interesting. That team wouldn't win 20 games without Dwight but okay :confused:

They would have been better served trading him away. It's better to be in the lottery rather than a 7th or 8th seed and ousted in the first round. This yr with all the PR crap, he's hurt his teammates more than he's helped the.. He's ruined the psyche of the team and has done nothing but brought a negative aura to the lockerroom.

rapjuicer06
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
He should be top 5, and could easily win it soley based on his rep for defense

Swashcuff
04-20-2012, 01:09 PM
They would have been better served trading him away. It's better to be in the lottery rather than a 7th or 8th seed and ousted in the first round. This yr with all the PR crap, he's hurt his teammates more than he's helped the.. He's ruined the psyche of the team and has done nothing but brought a negative aura to the lockerroom.

You would be better in the lottery? :laugh2:

You know what would have been better? Had they actually tries to surround Dwight with some actual support. I guess the Lakers would have been better trading Kobe when he was bringing a negative aura to the LA locker room right? I guess the 76ers would be better off when they traded Allen Iverson right? Well its been 6+ years and we're still borderline mediocre at best.

You think Dwight wanted all that you think he did all that on purpose. He was indecisive all the way. No way are you better going into the LOTTERY and possibly getting yourself a mid teens pick who likely would be a fringe all star at best.

On the floor all Dwight has done is help his teammates. He's help his 3 point shooters, he's help his piss poor defensive perimeter and interior players, he has help his coach hold onto his job for much longer than he would have.

Because of the media circus that took place in Orlando this past season Dwight has gotten a bad rep when prior to this season no one would even being saying such dumb crap.

If you think the Magic would be better off without Dwight then you obviously aren't in a position to access that situation.

FraziersKnicks
04-20-2012, 01:14 PM
I hope to god someone else wins it.. Preferably Tyson, but I think LeBron is fully deserving.

MTL_123
04-20-2012, 01:30 PM
I dont think hes gonna win it just because of the whole drama with him and the team. I think its gonna be Chandler or Lebron------(hope its Lebron tho)

JasonJohnHorn
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Voters get tired of voting for the same player over and over. Its why Jordan didn't win the MVP for 10 straight years. Its why Steve Nash didn't win three consecutive MVPs, when his third season back in Phoenix was actually his most deserving season for the award.

There are a couple of people ahead of Dwight in blocks this season, and voters tend to vote for the league leader in steals or blocks, so he'll lose out on some vote there, plus a backcourt player hasn't been recognized with the award for a while now, not to mention the way Chandler has completely turned the Knick around defensively. Plus Dwight has ruined his rep this year with all the off court drama, and right or wrong, I believe that will impact the voters.

So no, I don't think he'll get this year.

Weezy
04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
I dont think so and I think LeBron and Tyson are ahead of him IMO.

5ass
04-20-2012, 04:52 PM
honestly i still think he should get it, but because he's missed some games i wouldnt mind giving it to chandler. Dwight is definitely still is the player with the most impact on a game defensively though.

5ass
04-20-2012, 04:53 PM

ya man the magic would be title contenders if it wast for dwight pulling them down. :clap:

It'sMyTime
04-20-2012, 04:58 PM
I think it is between Ibaka, Chandler, and Lebron

ManRam
04-20-2012, 04:59 PM
He was a top 5 candidate before he went down, not sure how missing ~10 games will impact him. I wasn't going to vote for him #1 either way...he just wasn't quite the same this year defensively. Granted, he still has as big of impact as any single defender in the game.

Mr_Amaziing
04-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Serge Ibaka for DOPY

*Superman*
04-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Nah, seems like it would be pretty hard to do now that he is out the rest of the season. I'm sure guys that are still playing right now would be upset too. I want to say Ibaka, but I feel like all he does is block shots (which should be a part of DPOY).

29$JerZ
04-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I doubt Chandler will win it, but I'd love for a Knick to win that reward after the ordeal we went through Post Ewing Era.

I don't think this affects his DPOY campaign too much.

Raph12
04-20-2012, 07:05 PM
He definitely should be a top candidate, he is still the DPOY when he's on the floor, but after all the "Dwama", this injury and the fact that he won 3 in a row; it wouldn't surprise me if he loses out this season... Let me put it this way; with Dwight, the Magic have ranked top 10 in the league for Deff and #1 in paint protection and FGM at the basket; without Dwight, the Magic have allowed over 50% shooting in 6 of the 8 games and have dropped off significantly in all other categories as well.