PDA

View Full Version : James Jones and D-Wade: Flagrant Fouls?

JasonJohnHorn
04-20-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/heat/2012/04/19/0021100934_chi_mia_recap.nba/index.html

There's the clip to the game highlights. We see that James Jones gets ejected for a Flagarant Two at around 59 seconds. At 1.16 Wade blatantly pushes Rip Hamilton, the same kind of play that James Jones got ejected, but Wade only gets a Flaragant One for blatantly pushing Rip to the ground.

This is the kind of thing that ruins games for me. Officials protect the All-Stars and keep them in the game while role players and bench players get held to a different standard.

Thoughts.

Blitzbolt
04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Those 2 are just normal fouls in my opinion.

Shmontaine
04-20-2012, 10:33 AM

normal fouls?? that's a joke... how were either one of those basketball plays???

h2r09
04-20-2012, 10:44 AM
i was at the game. james jones was clearly vicious, and I'm fine with that, because its playoff basketball, but he deserved to be thrown out.

wades foul wasn't that bad and if you watched what the bulls do on every screen they set than rip deserved it.

Shmontaine
04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/heat/2012/04/19/0021100934_chi_mia_recap.nba/index.html

There's the clip to the game highlights. We see that James Jones gets ejected for a Flagarant Two at around 59 seconds. At 1.16 Wade blatantly pushes Rip Hamilton, the same kind of play that James Jones got ejected, but Wade only gets a Flaragant One for blatantly pushing Rip to the ground.

This is the kind of thing that ruins games for me. Officials protect the All-Stars and keep them in the game while role players and bench players get held to a different standard.

Thoughts.

yeah.. i was thinking that was going to be called a flagrant 2 on dwade... not surprised they didn't...

Swashcuff
04-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Jones' foul wasn't deserving of a flagrant two. I've seen worst fouls than that just called a regulation foul off the ball. It's a flagrant IMO as is Wade's. Wade's also was out of retaliation (Hamilton known for having some of the sharpest elbows in the league :laugh2:) and I think the refs understood that.

effen5
04-20-2012, 10:50 AM
No biggie two power houses going at it. Let's just enjoy it.

JC_
04-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Pushing someone who has offended you is definately a flag but a flagrant 2? lol if that was the case than a lot more people would have been thrown out over the years. (regarding Wade's foul)

JC_
04-20-2012, 10:52 AM

This

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM

yep, both were the right calls.

Odominator
04-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Under the same context of how the NBA have been calling Flagrant 2's, I thought Wade's play should have been a Flagrant 2 given that he didn't make a play for the ball. He just shoved Rip down basically.

Cubsfan365
04-20-2012, 11:00 AM
This is nothing new for Miami against Chicago. Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbOy7wGVHP0

Both Wade and Jones should have been ejected.

DLeeicious
04-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Jones was 1 million times worse than Wades. Wade and Rip were going after each other the whole game it's gonna get chippy and both talk too so I actually don't have a huge issue with that play aside from the clear lack of going for the ball.

Jones was incredibly dirty and had me pretty pissed, glad he got kicked out refs were all over it.

Edit: should clarify. Wades was a flagrant, but it wasn't a dangerous play like jones was

effen5
04-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I just don't want to hear heat fans *****ing if the bulls foul hard in the playoffs

Audubon
04-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Both were intentional and both went up for the nech/head area. Both should have been flagrant and honestly kicked out of the game. Neither was a play for the ball. No surprise Wade got away with it lightly. NBA is so lame when it comes to special rules.

DaBear
04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Proof the NBA sucks wades dick. Same with LeBrons shove on JL. He didn't have to push him when he got in his face. If JL pushes LBJ though, easy ejection....

DaBear
04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
All I can say is the Heat are asking for it in the playoffs.

Shmontaine
04-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Both were intentional and both went up for the nech/head area. Both should have been flagrant and honestly kicked out of the game. Neither was a play for the ball. No surprise Wade got away with it lightly. NBA is so lame when it comes to special rules.

JJ was premeditated, you could see him stalking noah on the replays... that was what probably led to the ejection..

dwade was very similar to JJ foul, but could be seen as more reactionary, thereby giving the refs the opportunity to make it a flagrant 1...

effen5
04-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Proof the NBA sucks wades dick. Same with LeBrons shove on JL. He didn't have to push him when he got in his face. If JL pushes LBJ though, easy ejection....

Jl never should have gone up to lbj because it was a legit pick. I can't stand Jl at all. Wade should have gotten a tech though IMO

MarkieMark48
04-20-2012, 11:19 AM

What about the plays the bulls made to instigate both wade and lbjs reactions? In your opinion were they ok?

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I just don't want to hear heat fans *****ing if the bulls foul hard in the playoffs

Who is going to foul hard? I would love someone to foul wade or bron hard, those guys play better when they are mad.

By who? Your team has no enforcer. Miami probably feels they can punk the bulls and get away with it.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM

:rolleyes: Wade clearly got him on his side, no where near his neck or head. Jones was a flagrant 2 for sure.

Shmontaine
04-20-2012, 11:24 AM
What about the plays the bulls made to instigate both wade and lbjs reactions? In your opinion were they ok?

Not going to justify JL3, he was wrong..

what play instigated Dwade's reaction that's justified?? Rip was just clearing space, which is something dwade and LJ do on a consistent basis....

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 11:31 AM

what play instigated Dwade's reaction that's justified?? Rip was just clearing space, which is something dwade and LJ do on a consistent basis....

Whats the big deal? Wade got a flagrant. Its not like the refs let him get away with it. Now for people thinking it should have been a flagrant 2, watch it again. Rip was probably pushing off wade to create space during the game and i think wade did it more to get the refs attention than to retaliate vs hamilton. If you watch it again, right after he did it, he stared down the ref.

IIISSKiLL
04-20-2012, 11:32 AM
The little guy got dropped by Lebron for setting a legal pick so the little man gets all crazy in his face.. I always hear how soft the heat are but last night they punked Chicago up and down the floor

MarkieMark48
04-20-2012, 11:36 AM

I don't have a problem as long as you see it that way, I do if you think that both wade and lbj are both in the wrong with their actions... Because I agree with what you are saying.

The goods
04-20-2012, 11:38 AM
I agree with it being playoff fouls but if hamilton,or lucas had did that to wade they would've been thrown out the game and suspended and everyone here knows it,the jones foul was taken care of I'm not worried about that it was justified.
And that lebron foul,that's just a regular foul I see that play all the time all over the nba,the only problem I have is that he did it to the shortest guy in the game if he had did that to noah,deng,or even boozer I would give him credit and say its a man game and lebron ain't playing around,but since that isn't the case it was a sad little cheap shot. Pick on somebody your own size,or pull a fisher and blast the biggest guy on the other team. Lol
And yes I said the same thing when bynum did it to barea,because I know somebody is going to bring that up.

TmacBryant
04-20-2012, 11:39 AM
both the right calls,

the difference is that james jones' foul seemed to blind side noah

fadahway
04-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Wow, new Referee's @ PSD

man stop whining. and get over it

BcEuAbRsS
04-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I thought both were correct calls, Bulls looked disengaged and the Heat looked like they wanted to send a bit of a message...

fadedmario
04-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Wade is scum. I hope the Bulls (or maybe even the Knicks) destroy that ****ing team. I like LeBron - but Wade is a piece of trash. LeBron should have stayed in Cleveland.

The goods
04-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I blame the refs more than anything they are so inconsistant and if somebody bone checked lebron like that they'd be ejected,but it was a simple a foul but it depends on who's doing it and who's receiving it.

The goods
04-20-2012, 11:46 AM
its funny that heat fans want people to get over this,I wanted the same thing when fisher blasted scola,when kobe slapped miller when he was shooting,and when bynum chestized jj,but you know what when people mess up and give cheap shots,people want to talk about it so deal with it.

meloman1592
04-20-2012, 11:46 AM
The heat and bulls should just injure each other :)

BALLER R
04-20-2012, 11:47 AM

This Bulls are hungry for blood. I just hope they meet cause that series is going to be crazy.

momanpr100
04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Jones' foul wasn't deserving of a flagrant two. I've seen worst fouls than that just called a regulation foul off the ball. It's a flagrant IMO as is Wade's. Wade's also was out of retaliation (Hamilton known for having some of the sharpest elbows in the league :laugh2:) and I think the refs understood that.

thats not the point. neither one was basketball plays and the refs need to be consistent wit there ****. the NBA should be disgusted wit the favoritism they show towards wade and lebron. and even after that wade flagrant he stills gets to intimidate the refs the rest of the way. its becoming a joke. and instead of wade getting ejected they call a double tech, **** is just sickening. when you play miami you gotta work twice as hard to win cause your also playing the refs.

IIISSKiLL
04-20-2012, 11:53 AM
I agree with it being playoff fouls but if hamilton,or lucas had did that to wade they would've been thrown out the game and suspended and everyone here knows it,the jones foul was taken care of I'm not worried about that it was justified.
And that lebron foul,that's just a regular foul I see that play all the time all over the nba,the only problem I have is that he did it to the shortest guy in the game if he had did that to noah,deng,or even boozer I would give him credit and say its a man game and lebron ain't playing around,but since that isn't the case it was a sad little cheap shot. Pick on somebody your own size,or pull a fisher and blast the biggest guy on the other team. Lol
And yes I said the same thing when bynum did it to barea,because I know somebody is going to bring that up.

first off the LBJ thing was NOT A FOUL, second that BYNUM CHEAP SHOT WAS UNCALLED FOR AND HE COULD HAVE REALLY HURT THAT LITTLE PUERTO RICAN

momanpr100
04-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Jones was 1 million times worse than Wades. Wade and Rip were going after each other the whole game it's gonna get chippy and both talk too so I actually don't have a huge issue with that play aside from the clear lack of going for the ball.

Jones was incredibly dirty and had me pretty pissed, glad he got kicked out refs were all over it.

Edit: should clarify. Wades was a flagrant, but it wasn't a dangerous play like jones was

thats the whole point. he never made a play, he just blatantly retaliated right in front of the ref. if this was a different game then it shouldnt be a flagrant 2, but in a same game when you throw someone out for the same **** then you gotta stay consistent wit it, not cause he's a superstar.

IIISSKiLL
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Kobe tried to beat up a little guy too and then the little guy punched him in the mouth

IIISSKiLL
04-20-2012, 11:55 AM
and im sure the refs thought rip flopped a little cause the guy did a double back flip

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I thought both were correct calls, Bulls looked disengaged and the Heat looked like they wanted to send a bit of a message...

I dont think the bulls were disengaged. They are 5-5 in their last 10 games and just aren't playing at their best.

Shmontaine
04-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Whats the big deal? Wade got a flagrant. Its not like the refs let him get away with it. Now for people thinking it should have been a flagrant 2, watch it again. Rip was probably pushing off wade to create space during the game and i think wade did it more to get the refs attention than to retaliate vs hamilton. If you watch it again, right after he did it, he stared down the ref.

wade and LJ do that all the time... i guess that's my point... dwade can dish it out but he can't take it...

i used to really like dwade, but he's dropping off in my book big time... becoming more of a dirty player to me...

lavilevi23
04-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Wade is scum. I hope the Bulls (or maybe even the Knicks) destroy that ****ing team. I like LeBron - but Wade is a piece of trash. LeBron should have stayed in Cleveland.

:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:

momanpr100
04-20-2012, 12:00 PM

what plays. hamilton was making space wit his elbows like they teach you. thats what they teach you from little league, you have the ball swing your elbows, basketball 101. Wade pushing is not basketball 101.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 12:03 PM
what plays. hamilton was making space wit his elbows like they teach you. thats what they teach you from little league, you have the ball swing your elbows, basketball 101. Wade pushing is not basketball 101.

Yea, and he got a flagrant for it. But in the bigger scheme of things, rip was non existent from that point on and wade heated up. Wether he did that to energize himself, his team, or just let the bulls know miami wasn't taking **** that night, it worked out for the heat.

BcEuAbRsS
04-20-2012, 12:04 PM
I dont think the bulls were disengaged. They are 5-5 in their last 10 games and just aren't playing at their best.

That's disengaged for them... We all know effort is a massive part of their game... Effort hasn't been there...

Holydiver
04-20-2012, 12:06 PM
D Wade going after AARP member Fip Hamilton.

Lebron going after the tiniest guy on the floor.

Then they act like tough guys and strut around like they just beat up Jon Jones.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Too bad the Bulls aren't the type of team to retaliate (just like our hockey team). We took **** from the Celtics a few years ago when the refs should have thrown Rondo out of game 7 in the 1st quarter, but never did anything back.

I did like that Luol immediately went after Chalmers (although not very hard) after the LBJ pick on JL.

momanpr100
Yea, and he got a flagrant for it. But in the bigger scheme of things, rip was non existent from that point on and wade heated up. Wether he did that to energize himself, his team, or just let the bulls know miami wasn't taking **** that night, it worked out for the heat.

i agree. like i said in my other post, if this was a diff game then its not a flagrant 2, but the same thing happened in the same game so you gotta stay consistent. it just really shows wat the nba is really about.

justinnum1
That's disengaged for them... We all know effort is a massive part of their game... Effort hasn't been there...
I know what thats like.

Swashcuff
04-20-2012, 12:11 PM
thats not the point. neither one was basketball plays and the refs need to be consistent wit there ****. the NBA should be disgusted wit the favoritism they show towards wade and lebron. and even after that wade flagrant he stills gets to intimidate the refs the rest of the way. its becoming a joke. and instead of wade getting ejected they call a double tech, **** is just sickening. when you play miami you gotta work twice as hard to win cause your also playing the refs.

Dude as an offensive player you can't keep throwing elbows in order to create space and not expect the defensive player to retaliate. Its called playing basketball. If the refs aren't aware of what was taking place make them aware. That's the reason why Wade or any other player for that matter would be complaining even after making such a foul.

Hamilton will know now not to attempt such dirty plays without having repercussions and the refs would pay attention to what Wade would have been trying to tell them all along.

BcEuAbRsS
04-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I know what thats like.

Every team goes through it, this is just pretty crappy timing...

chitown4eva88
04-20-2012, 12:15 PM
In my opinion Wade should have been tossed to.

MarkieMark48
04-20-2012, 12:18 PM
D Wade going after AARP member Fip Hamilton.

Lebron going after the tiniest guy on the floor.

Then they act like tough guys and strut around like they just beat up Jon Jones.

I'm pretty sure Lucas went after Lebron, not the other way around

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
i agree. like i said in my other post, if this was a diff game then its not a flagrant 2, but the same thing happened in the same game so you gotta stay consistent. it just really shows wat the nba is really about.

not really, JJ's hit was excessive and above the shoulders, wade's hit was flagrant, but not flagrant 2. He didnt go anywhere above the shoulders.

knicks4life33
04-20-2012, 12:35 PM
wade should have been tossed. if artest did that he woulda been tossed

ChicagoRox
04-20-2012, 12:43 PM
The calls were right. Stars get calls. I didn't complain about it when Jordan got calls, so i won't complain if Wades gets treatment from the refs. Heck, as a bulls fans, we were lucky that Wade got a flagrant one.

I just wish the Bulls still had Kurt Thomas. As hard nose as Thibs is, I wish he would have had a scrub send a message as well. Maybe he is saving it for the playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
I think the Heat fans in this thread are showing their homerism. Seriously? Rip was clearing space, the same way Wade clears for space, and the same way every SG and SF clear for space. Wade just didn't like it because somebody was doing it to him, and so he shoved Rip. It was not a play on the ball. It was not a basketball move. It was a street move. If ANY PLAYER on the Bulls had shoved Wade or LBJ the same way that Wade had shoved Rip, they would have been thrown out of the game.

And if anybody on the Bulls had done it and NOT been ejected, Heat fans would be tearing up a storm.

Here's me. An objective fan of the game. I am NOT a Bulls fan, and I am NOT a Heat fan. What I'm a fan of is good basketball, not street ball. Wade acted like a thug, not a professional.

EVERY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE DESERVES TO WORK IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT!!! REGARDLESS OF YOUR STATS! Period. And when a player make a play to HURT somebody, they need to be taken out of the game, and in my opinion suspended.

If Noah had pushed Wade to the ground he would have been ejected and suspended, but apparently the NBA only cares about a player's safety when they are an All-Star.

Every player in the NBA deserves to play in a safe work environment. Wade made it clear last night that he didn't give two $#!T$ about player safetly when he blantantly pushed another player to the floor. He should have been ejected at least, and suspended in my opinion.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Whatever bro. Refs gave him a flagrant 1 and that was the right call. Wade was sending a message to both the refs and rip.

"It wasn't that one single elbow. It was a few," Wade said "It was an accumulation [over the years]. I love a competition, but it comes a point when you're getting hit a lot, and it's not seen. The only way you can bring attention to it is to bring attention to it.

"I knew that would bring attention to it and they would watch us really closely. Now you can see what's going on."

Stinkyoutsider
04-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Good call on Jones. He hit Noah after Pittman did. Wasn't even going for the ball. Same for Wade.

I thought James was going to catch one after the screen he put on old Jr.!

It looked like the Heat wanted to come out and be physical from the beginning. Send the Bulls a message that playoff basketball is coming. Where are the Bulls players being physical though? They took the hits but didn't give any back? The only guy even close to firing back was Rip. Bulls need to get into that mindset and get at Wade and James when they come into the paint. Playoff Basketball!!!!

kdspurman
04-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Because it was Wade he got the benefit. But that was a cheap shot. No question. Jones at best was a flagrant 1. at BEST. I would've given him a tech for that but whatever, the rules are the rules.

You can't find me a player who doesn't use their elbows to create space. And Rip didn't swing his elbows in a way to be malicious. It was very obvious, it got to Wade and he reacted immaturely and unprofessionally. He said it himself it was an accumulation and therefore at that point any little thing Rip did probably would've gotten under Wade's skin. They were in Miami, it's Dwayne Wade, he was not getting ejected. Definitely should have been. I mean if lets say Quentin Richardson did that to Wade, there's no question he gets tossed.

At the very least, this showed it's easy to get under his skin. Which could pay dividends if they meet in the playoffs.

i'myourdaddy
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
I think the Heat fans in this thread are showing their homerism. Seriously?

and the bull fans aren't? haha :facepalm:it was a hard foul wade got a flag 1. Stop being a ***** and man up.

JC_
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Every player in the NBA deserves to play in a safe work environment. Wade made it clear last night that he didn't give two $#!T$ about player safetly when he blantantly pushed another player to the floor. He should have been ejected at least, and suspended in my opinion.

Pushing someone is a lot weaker than elbows to the ribs. You think Rip was going to break both of his legs from being pushed? Stop being a dumbass. If you are going to throw elbows around like that, you better expect people to get fed up. A push is the one of the tamest things Wade could have done.

BcEuAbRsS
04-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Flagrant 1 for Wade was the right call... What he did was NOT an eject worthy play... Stop *****ing about it, you are wrong...

PurpleJesus
04-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I thought Lebrons pick was funny, when the Bulls player just fell down from touching Lebron, and Bulls players were thinking he was doing what Wade and Jones did.

HOWE do i do it
04-20-2012, 01:16 PM
wade and LJ do that all the time... i guess that's my point... dwade can dish it out but he can't take it...

i used to really like dwade, but he's dropping off in my book big time... becoming more of a dirty player to me...

Because Wade's a little *****. He's always been a little *****. It's nothing new.

I don't have any problems with any of the calls, but he's still a little *****.

wesso2008
04-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Noooo...they weren't. :facepalm: I think they got both calls right. JJ's flagrant was called right for elbow-pushing Noah in the face PURPOSELY. He had intent. Period. That's unsportsman-like conduct. Wade's was called right because it was simply a shove...albeit purposely and with intent...it wasn't in the face. Anyone who says that they were "normal" fouls is smokin' too much of that green stuff for 4:20....and should re-read the rules on flagrant fouls.

8kobe24
04-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Dude as an offensive player you can't keep throwing elbows in order to create space and not expect the defensive player to retaliate. Its called playing basketball. If the refs aren't aware of what was taking place make them aware. That's the reason why Wade or any other player for that matter would be complaining even after making such a foul.

Hamilton will know now not to attempt such dirty plays without having repercussions and the refs would pay attention to what Wade would have been trying to tell them all along.

What did Rip do exactly that was dirty? Was he swinging elbows to the face? You make it seem like Wade did the proper thing...

8kobe24
04-20-2012, 01:24 PM
not really, JJ's hit was excessive and above the shoulders, wade's hit was flagrant, but not flagrant 2. He didnt go anywhere above the shoulders.

By rule, yes you are correct. But shouldn't it be flagrant 2 if the person intentionally tried to hurt another player regardless if it was above the shoulders or not (not saying that is what Wade did but people can make that argument)?

Swashcuff
04-20-2012, 01:26 PM
What did Rip do exactly that was dirty? Was he swinging elbows to the face? You make it seem like Wade did the proper thing...

Hell no what Wade did was wrong. I already said that in this thread (if you took the time to read) but any offensive player using his elbows in that manner (not just on that play but throughout the game) isn't playing clean. Whether or not if it was aimed at Wade's face or not the intent was there. He was attempting to use his elbows to make space for himself and when you do that look out for some hurting coming your way.

What Wade dd was not right and it was deserving of a flagrant foul but lets not act as if Hamilton wasn't looking to be knocked on his butt.

pacofunk64
04-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Difference - Jones was at Noah's head, Wade's was not.

pacofunk64
04-20-2012, 01:32 PM
The Turkish hammer needed to respond with a hard foul of his own. The Heat are sending a message.

Big Zo
04-20-2012, 01:40 PM
The Turkish hammer needed to respond with a hard foul of his own. The Heat are sending a message.

You mean Joe Strummer? Lol.

JJ's was called at 2 because he went for the head.

daleja424
04-20-2012, 01:42 PM
people just like to whine about the heat.

in one thread they are whining that the heat are soft and they back down too much...and then in the next thread they are complaining b/c the HEAT finally showed some chippiness and aggression.

some people just have to complain no matter what... its so sad.

It was a great physical old school feeling game...and I loved it.

:facepalm:

daleja424
04-20-2012, 01:45 PM
By rule, yes you are correct. But shouldn't it be flagrant 2 if the person intentionally tried to hurt another player regardless if it was above the shoulders or not (not saying that is what Wade did but people can make that argument)?

Wade is 6'4'' 230 lbs of muscle... if he had intended to hurt Rip Hamilton... Hamilton would be in the hospital right now.

He pushed him while Rip was standing still on the floor... there was ZERO intent to injure.

He intended to send a message... "stop with the cheap shots"... and he sent that message just fine and then proceeded to light Rip up. When will people learn to leave Wade alone when he is struggling on his own. The last thing you want to do with Wade is make him mad... you would think people would have figured that out right now.

MTL_123
04-20-2012, 01:57 PM

in one thread they are whining that the heat are soft and they back down too much...and then in the next thread they are complaining b/c the HEAT finally showed some chippiness and aggression.

ahahhahahaha so true

Big Zo
04-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, that **** had me reminiscing of 90's rivalries. Heat/Knicks, Bulls/Pistons, Bulls/Knicks, etc. all that was missing was an actual brawl.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 02:12 PM
"A lot of guys try to pressure our point guards," James said. "That's not the first time I got somebody.

"I didn't think I did anything illegal. I just set a solid pick."

Some of the Bulls would beg to differ, but Lucas was nowhere to be found when the visiting locker room doors opened, and all Noah would offer on the play was, "It was cool."

:laugh2:

naps
04-20-2012, 02:29 PM

AGREED 10000000000000000%.

Rip was pushing the hell out of Wade. Wade had no other way but to let Rip know "It ain't gonna a one way road." After that Rip didn't use his famous elbow as much. I would do the same. And Jones foul was flagrant 1 not 2.

Heater4life
04-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Good. I hate the efin Bulls. As im sure Bulls fans hate the Heat. Lets scrap it out and settle it in the playoffs like grown men.

Thats what the NBA needs, not that soft pansy play.

beasted86
04-20-2012, 03:01 PM

Agreed

beasted86
04-20-2012, 03:04 PM
All I hear from Bulls fans is :cry:

I mean what happened? Did your balls drop off? 90% of you said the HEAT was soft and would get man-handled by the Bulls.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 03:10 PM
lol

JasonJohnHorn
04-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Pushing someone is a lot weaker than elbows to the ribs. You think Rip was going to break both of his legs from being pushed? Stop being a dumbass. If you are going to throw elbows around like that, you better expect people to get fed up. A push is the one of the tamest things Wade could have done.

Wade got up on Rip. Rip cleared space. There is nothing wrong with doing that.

Jones got ejected for blatantly pushing somebody. Wade did the same thing and stayed in the game. That is quantifiable. There are clearly different rules for Jones and Wade. Wade uses his elbows to clear space, and if he did it and Rip pushed him on the ground for it, Rip would have been ejected. Wade was acting like a thug and had no call to do what he did and should have been ejected based on how the officials were calling the game that night.

That said, when a person like you uses words like "dumbass" to describe somebody else, that's getting personal. I didn't use that language to describe you, or any other poster, please referain from childish name calling. In other words, grow up.

Slug3
04-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Wade got up on Rip. Rip cleared space. There is nothing wrong with doing that.

Jones got ejected for blatantly pushing somebody. Wade did the same thing and stayed in the game. That is quantifiable. There are clearly different rules for Jones and Wade. Wade uses his elbows to clear space, and if he did it and Rip pushed him on the ground for it, Rip would have been ejected. Wade was acting like a thug and had no call to do what he did and should have been ejected based on how the officials were calling the game that night.

That said, when a person like you uses words like "dumbass" to describe somebody else, that's getting personal. I didn't use that language to describe you, or any other poster, please referain from childish name calling. In other words, grow up.

Jones went to the head/neck area and that is why he was ejected. If they called for people getting ejected everytime they purposely fouled someone then there would be alot of ejections.

TrueFan420
04-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Under the same context of how the NBA have been calling Flagrant 2's, I thought Wade's play should have been a Flagrant 2 given that he didn't make a play for the ball. He just shoved Rip down basically.

this

Doogolas
04-20-2012, 04:12 PM
:shrug: The only thing I don't like about the LBJ pick was that it was entirely unnecessary and LeBron held his elbow out instead of keeping it back against his body (which isn't a big deal but Lucas' face is at the same level as LeBron's elbow). The ball had already been thrown to another guy and he was running up court with it and Lucas turned around and ran into LeBron's big ***. It just wasn't needed and was 3/4 of the way down the court. :shrug: Not a big deal, but that's the only thing I wasn't a fan of. The rest of the stuff, Wade should have been thrown out, nobody should be allowed to straight up elbow people to the ground, but it's not a huge deal. Still got the Flagrant 1.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 04:22 PM
:shrug: The only thing I don't like about the LBJ pick was that it was entirely unnecessary and LeBron held his elbow out instead of keeping it back against his body (which isn't a big deal but Lucas' face is at the same level as LeBron's elbow). The ball had already been thrown to another guy and he was running up court with it and Lucas turned around and ran into LeBron's big ***. It just wasn't needed and was 3/4 of the way down the court. :shrug: Not a big deal, but that's the only thing I wasn't a fan of. The rest of the stuff, Wade should have been thrown out, nobody should be allowed to straight up elbow people to the ground, but it's not a huge deal. Still got the Flagrant 1.

lol, wade should not have been thrown out. he got what he deserved, a flagrant 1.

TheRunKiller
04-20-2012, 04:23 PM
I don't know why anyone one on the Bulls came over & said something to Wade for pushing Rip like that. Bulls need Thomas back

TheRunKiller
04-20-2012, 04:25 PM
All I hear from Bulls fans is :cry:

I mean what happened? Did your balls drop off? 90% of you said the HEAT was soft and would get man-handled by the Bulls.

You were crying after the last game Bulls heat played

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't know why anyone one on the Bulls came over & said something to Wade for pushing Rip like that. Bulls need Thomas back

they need someone who can actually enforce or lay a hard hit one someone. Miami was pushing them around and now im sure they feel they can keep doing that in the playoffs and not worry about someone on the bulls retaliating.

But i love that miami's star players are showing they can get dirty if they need to.

Wade>You
04-20-2012, 04:30 PM
They're not basketball plays, so they're definitely flagrant fouls in my book. Jones being a flagrant 2? Maybe that's excessive. Flagrant 2 is if the player could have been injured, in my opinion.

Either way, I'm proud of the Heat players for standing up. It happens way too often that they're on the receiving end of dirty plays, and they needed to make a statement.

Doogolas
04-20-2012, 04:30 PM
lol, wade should not have been thrown out. he got what he deserved, a flagrant 1.

We'll have to agree to disagree then? It's not like I'm vehement about it. If Deng did that or Rip did that I'd say they deserved to be thrown out of the game too. :shrug: I am also a bit harsher about that kind of stuff than some people are. I think they're playing basketball and things like that just shouldn't be remotely tolerated. It's not hockey.

LeMarcus
04-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Smh at the complaints.
Both team are RIVALS playing with aggressiveness, intensity, and heart.
If it was the other way around I'd gladly see that as more motivation for the Heat to go harder (nh) in the playoffs.
We're witnessing a great series about to ensue.
Chicago fans shouldn't complain being that they been in situations like this before.
Boston/Chicago series, the best series in years, displayed the epitome of playoff basketball.

Southsideheat
04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
I think because the bulls would rather have wade in the game. Hes terrible against the bulls.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 05:01 PM
I think because the bulls would rather have wade in the game. Hes terrible against the bulls.

Seems like it fired wade up and he started playing pretty good after that incident

Wade went 5-9 and 13 points after...

gotoHcarolina52
04-20-2012, 05:02 PM

Well, admittedly he had a sub-par showing in the 2011 ECF, but he has averaged 22.5 points per game in four games against the Bulls this season, matching his season average. And he also averaged 29.0 points against them last regular season (3.5 points more than his 2011 season average). Both seasons he's averaged 47% from the field against the Bulls.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#Dwyane-Wade|2548;year=201112;season=r;splitType=team;spli tValue=chi

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#Dwyane-Wade|2548;year=201011;season=r;splitType=team;spli tValue=chi

So much for Wade being "terrible against the Bulls."

FreakaNashur
04-20-2012, 05:09 PM

no he's not.

the heat wouldn't beat the bulls without his clutch shooting.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Wade's foul was so blatant.

I would have ejected him right there.

Southsideheat
04-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Well, admittedly he had a sub-par showing in the 2011 ECF, but he has averaged 22.5 points per game in four games against the Bulls this season, matching his season average. And he also averaged 29.0 points against them last regular season (3.5 points more than his 2011 season average). Both seasons he's averaged 47% from the field against the Bulls.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#Dwyane-Wade|2548;year=201112;season=r;splitType=team;spli tValue=chi

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#Dwyane-Wade|2548;year=201011;season=r;splitType=team;spli tValue=chi

So much for Wade being "terrible against the Bulls."

For being a top 5 player in the NBA, yes, he has been terrible. The trend for the last 9 games he has played against us, is that he runs down the lane out of control and tries to draw a foul, if he doesn't he whines about it. On top of it, he just doesn't look healthy.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 05:34 PM
For being a top 5 player in the NBA, yes, he has been terrible. The trend for the last 9 games he has played against us, is that he runs down the lane out of control and tries to draw a foul, if he doesn't he whines about it. On top of it, he just doesn't look healthy.

Neither does rose:shrug:

Southsideheat
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Neither does rose:shrug:

never said he didn't. :shrug:

Kinkotheclown
04-20-2012, 05:39 PM

If I were a Bull's player, I'd watch this game over and over. One of their big men should make certain that LBJ and DW hit the floor hard. Really hard. And after they get up, get right in their face.

beasted86
04-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Well for Derrick Rose supposedly being a top 3 PG and reigning MVP he has been downright disgusting. His trend the last 10 games against the HEAT is to see if he can do his best Mike Bibby playoff shooting imitation by going 37.02% FG, and 19.60% 3PT.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 05:45 PM
I would love for a bulls big to hit wade hard. Thats like awakening a beast. And bron, he wont feel it, the dude is 6'8 270. I personally think the bulls bigs are to soft to out a hard foul on someone but we will see. Miami just wanted to send a message and they did.

Kutchie03
04-20-2012, 05:46 PM
@effen5 your tone really changed from "No biggie two power houses going at it. Let's just enjoy it." at 10:50am, to "I just don't want to hear heat fans *****ing if the bulls foul hard in the playoffs" at 11:05am.

effen5
04-20-2012, 06:59 PM
@effen5 your tone really changed from "No biggie two power houses going at it. Let's just enjoy it." at 10:50am, to "I just don't want to hear heat fans *****ing if the bulls foul hard in the playoffs" at 11:05am.

And? I'm a bulls fan and I enjoyed last nights game because it's physical and u won't hear me *****ing about how physical it was but I don't want to hear the heat fans *****ing about it if the bulls do the same thing.

Raph12
04-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Both plays were clean, minimal incidental contact... ;)

effen5
04-20-2012, 07:03 PM
If I were a Bull's player, I'd watch this game over and over. One of their big men should make certain that LBJ and DW hit the floor hard. Really hard. And after they get up, get right in their face.

I totally agree. I was absolutely furious Noah didn't knock wade on his *** the following play after he shoved rip and got a free layup

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Noah is an energy player, but i dont think he's the kind of guy that would give a hard foul.

effen5
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Noah is an energy player, but i dont think he's the kind of guy that would give a hard foul.

It doesn't matter what type of player you are everybody can give a hard foul.

_KB24_
04-20-2012, 07:23 PM
No problem with the two, only concern is consistency must be upheld by the league. If that was only a flagrant and nothing more by Wade, then it should be called that in the playoffs as well.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 07:27 PM
No problem with the two, only concern is consistency must be upheld by the league. If that was only a flagrant and nothing more by Wade, then it should be called that in the playoffs as well.

No doubt, wade didn't make a play on the ball which is why it was called a flagrant but it wasn't excessive and it wasn't above the shoulders.

Wade>You
04-20-2012, 08:30 PM
I just don't want to hear heat fans *****ing if the bulls foul hard in the playoffsWhich team is the one that needs to play dirty in order to stand a chance against the more talented team?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1648556/nocioni_fouls_wade_hard_very_hard/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsxBWdrWgNo#t=17s

I don't have the time to go through every video of the Bulls in recent years to link to all the dirty plays Bulls have pulled off, but the Bulls have been doing that for years to try to gain an edge.

Bulls aren't a victim, they're just getting a taste of their own medicine.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 08:55 PM
^kirk punched him in the nuts lol, thats ****ing dirty

billsftw
04-20-2012, 09:15 PM

mate we've been asking for it since the beginning of the Big III. The Bulls just can't give it to us.

billsftw
04-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Which team is the one that needs to play dirty in order to stand a chance against the more talented team?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1648556/nocioni_fouls_wade_hard_very_hard/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsxBWdrWgNo#t=17s

I don't have the time to go through every video of the Bulls in recent years to link to all the dirty plays Bulls have pulled off, but the Bulls have been doing that for years to try to gain an edge.

Bulls aren't a victim, they're just getting a taste of their own medicine.

LOL. Bulls fans are so delusional...
"We are victims of dirty plays...."
"we can beat the heat in the ECF..."
:laugh:

billsftw
04-20-2012, 09:21 PM
And? I'm a bulls fan and I enjoyed last nights game because it's physical and u won't hear me *****ing about how physical it was but I don't want to hear the heat fans *****ing about it if the bulls do the same thing.

i honestly don't think anyone is physically scared of the Bulls. The Heat have Lebron, Haslem and Pittman. You have a poser in Joakim Noah, a fat baldy in Boozer who shouts everytime someone touches him, you have a 6'3 superstar who cant stand on both feet, a pretty white boy, and an alien wearing a face mask to hide his ugliness.
Get this through your head...
No Team In The NBA is Physically Scared Of the Bulls.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 09:33 PM
i honestly don't think anyone is physically scared of the Bulls. The Heat have Lebron, Haslem and Pittman. You have a poser in Joakim Noah, a fat baldy in Boozer who shouts everytime someone touches him, you have a 6'3 superstar who cant stand on both feet, a pretty white boy, and an alien wearing a face mask to hide his ugliness.

Especially after last night. Someone from the bulls should have laid a hard foul on a heat player.

stawka
04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
The Jones foul was unnecessary and warranted a flagrant. The Wade thing -- as much as I dislike Wade, I would have done the same. Hamilton's elbow wasn't needed so Wade reacted. I would have done the same if I were Wade

Slug3
04-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I think why the nba is so soft now is cause we have a bunch of whiny fans who clearly have never seen basketball from the 80s and 90s.

effen5
04-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Just saying, Wade is the one that ****ed up Rondo's arm last year
Smacked Kobe and broke his nose at an all star game
Elbowed Rip in the chest

This was just in the past 12 months....

while Wade>you is pulling videos from 2-3 years ago.

effen5
04-20-2012, 10:42 PM
I think why the nba is so soft now is cause we have a bunch of whiny fans who clearly have never seen basketball from the 80s and 90s.

Half the people on the forum are under 16, I'd love to see someone do a poll on how old they are.

I went to a few bulls knicks games in the 90s, man they were entertaining as hell.....even though john starks pissed me off.

chicagocubsfan
04-20-2012, 11:09 PM

lol did you just bring up Dexter Pittman? the dude can't even stay on the court.

PlayDPlease
04-20-2012, 11:51 PM
They're not basketball plays, so they're definitely flagrant fouls in my book. Jones being a flagrant 2? Maybe that's excessive. Flagrant 2 is if the player could have been injured, in my opinion.

Either way, I'm proud of the Heat players for standing up. It happens way too often that they're on the receiving end of dirty plays, and they needed to make a statement.

You mean like breaking Kobe's nose in an All Star game?

LOL.

I think the Bulls are a super chippy team but given all the mystery calls Wade gets and the fact he has injured a few players over the years .....

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 11:58 PM
You mean like breaking Kobe's nose in an All Star game?

LOL.

I think the Bulls are a super chippy team but given all the mystery calls Wade gets and the fact he has injured a few players over the years .....

They looked pretty soft last night

InRoseWeTrust
04-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Wade can play dirty, which is ironic considering what a little whiny *** ***** he is.

shizzle09
04-21-2012, 01:06 AM
one was to the head and the other was not. they even referred to that on the broadcast. the Bulls roster is filled with hackers. are you effin kidding me right now??/ are there really bulls fans in here complaining about this???? Just when i thought i'd seen it all onPSD. smh. they were hard fouls and thats the end of it. Maybe a little overboard but every team in the league has guys that pull the same stuff. It's playoff time so get used to it.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 01:06 AM
If rip wants to use his elbows, he can expect to be put on his ***. Im just happy wade didnt take that ****. Let the refs know whats up, now when we meet in the ECF, refs will be watching that matchup and i wouldnt be surprised if rip gets some offesnive fouls called.

fin_frenzy_84
04-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Lets be real both fouls were similar and if Jones got ejected then Wade should of. Both of those fouls could easily start a fight. If anyone did that to me on the court then im going to knock them the **** out.

fin_frenzy_84
04-21-2012, 01:11 AM
But one thing I noticed was how physical the heat were playing. I believe they were doing this to try and scare the Bulls before playoff time by trying to rough them up. All that shows to me is they cant scare the Bulls by actually playing clean basketball but this is not gonna be the last time we will meet up this season. Book It!

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Lets be real both fouls were similar and if Jones got ejected then Wade should of. Both of those fouls could easily start a fight. If anyone did that to me on the court then im going to knock them the **** out.

Not at all. One was to the face, clearly a flagrant 2. The other was to rips mid side, below the shoulders, flagrant 1. If wade stared him down after then maybe they call the 2 but he looked right at the ref after as if to say 'if your going to let him get away with it this is what im going to do'

And yea, i think the most surprising thing is no bulls player did a thing about it, and then bron took that little turd out. That was 3 hard hits on bulls players and i think it took them out of their game a little.

Defenitly going to be an intense ECF and i cant wait

cutiepie80
04-21-2012, 01:22 AM
This is great for the rivalry. Only thing is, Noah is the only one who has balls to actually do physical stuff. The heat take it to the physical format when they are losing the battle in the game. If the bulls go on a streak they snap a bit. I like it as a bulls fan, we need a dirty gritty top 2 teams duking it out.

fin_frenzy_84
04-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Not at all. One was to the face, clearly a flagrant 2. The other was to rips mid side, below the shoulders, flagrant 1. If wade stared him down after then maybe they call the 2 but he looked right at the ref after as if to say 'if your going to let him get away with it this is what im going to do'

And yea, i think the most surprising thing is no bulls player did a thing about it, and then bron took that little turd out. That was 3 hard hits on bulls players and i think it took them out of their game a little.

Defenitly going to be an intense ECF and i cant wait

I agree with pretty much eveything you put but Lucas wanted Lebron lol He aint scared haha. Now as for the wade foul it really doesnt matter where you shoved him at. It was unnecessary and excessive. But im kind of happy all those hard fouls happened, it is just gonna put gas on the fire for this rivalry!

Valkyrie
04-21-2012, 05:12 AM
cool

basketfan4life
04-21-2012, 05:37 AM
wade is slowly turning in to a dirty player.

billsftw
04-21-2012, 10:56 AM
lol did you just bring up Dexter Pittman? the dude can't even stay on the court.

lol did you just not name anyone on your team who could stand up to the heat? :o

effen5
04-21-2012, 12:03 PM

Oh absolutely he is becoming a dirty player, ironic thing is, he complains about every no call on the other end. He was one of my favorite players just a few years ago especially when I met him, but he's become a huge diva, kind of like what KG has turned out to be with the Celtics, you like the talent but don't like the attitude/*****ing/whining.

topdog
04-21-2012, 12:31 PM

They should have been the same call. That said, the NBA needs to decide whether such a non-basketball play warrants a 1 or a 2 given their "crackdown" on fighting - these plays could easily lead to bigger fights.

In response to the OP, I hate just hate the difference in calls for superstars like the punk Wade. <-gonna take some heat :laugh2: for this

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 12:41 PM
You know whats funny, all the people *****ing that wade should have been tossed are also saying they hate him, or calling him a ***** or a punk...yea.

And wade is not a dirty player. Rip wasnt in mid air and got his legs taken out by wade. Wade didnt hit him above the shoulders. Rip put his elbow in wade, wade looked pissed and wade shoved rip in his side, its not wade's fault rip(who probably weighs less than 200lbs) somersaulted backwards like a frickin gymnast. Wade got exactly what he deserved, it was a flagant 1. There was no attempt at the ball, but it also wasnt excessive and it wasnt above the shoulders. Its hard to take someones *****ing when they preface it by calling wade a name or saying they hate him.

I didnt here rip complaining about it after the game.

Ladies Man
04-21-2012, 12:49 PM
When they face each other again its going to get real dirty

MTL_123
04-21-2012, 01:09 PM
lol how can bulls fans complain about wade. Saying hes a whinning ***** didnt rose complain the he always gets hit im the only player that gets hit etc lol!!!!!!!!!!

InRoseWeTrust
04-21-2012, 01:16 PM
lol how can bulls fans complain about wade. Saying hes a whinning ***** didnt rose complain the he always gets hit im the only player that gets hit etc lol!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm...Wade literally can't miss a shot without finding an official and *****ing about it. When Rose does complain, which is rare, it's typically after the game and about how the officiating was in a cumulative sense. If you don't think Wade is a whiner, you must really not be watching the games. The guy is out of control.

DR_1
04-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Great post Jenks :clap:

Absolutely both were flagrants. Wade should not only tossed but suspended for that incredibly dirty play.

effen5
04-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Wade complains more in one game then rose has in his career in the nba

Big Zo
04-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Wade complains more in one game then rose has in his career in the nba

But Rose has stupid pointy eyebrows, which automatically makes him more annoying.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 01:41 PM

Absolutely both were flagrants. Wade should not only tossed but suspended for that incredibly dirty play.

:rolleyes:

InRoseWeTrust
04-21-2012, 02:26 PM

I don't think he should have been tossed or suspended, but it was clearly a dirty foul (no, it wasn't a "good hard playoff foul" Miami fans) and was rightly called as a flagrant.

And yes, it's only made more ironic by Wade's constant *****ing to the officials.

kjoke
04-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Am I not seeing something in the Jones foul? I though wades was much more vicious. Someone help me out

JC_
04-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Wade clearly called upon the power of the wind to throw Rip so hard that he did a back roll and should be suspended indefinately. Using magic outside of hogwarts is strictly prohibited.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Am I not seeing something in the Jones foul? I though wades was much more vicious. Someone help me out

One was above the shoulders, the other was below the shoulders.

NoahH
04-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Jones ran in and launched his forearms and elbows at Noah for no apparent reason and Wade was retaliating and just gave him a shove. Rip flopped alittle too tbh.

Calls were right.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Yea, the way rip somersaulted backwards you would think he was trying out for the olympic gymnastics team.

InRoseWeTrust
04-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Lol at Heat fans that suddenly are condoning flopping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlFMT88acHw

Need I even say more?

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 03:13 PM

Need I even say more?

How dare you. That was an epic flop. Only someone as soft and brittle as chris bosh could get away with something so obvious. Just look at his acting skills while on the floor. Dude deserves an emmy for that.;)

Fnom11
04-21-2012, 03:58 PM
There's a difference between pushing someone and being a dirty player. Only time I can really recall him being dirty was that foul on Rondo which hurt his arm. When Wade pushed Rip it was clearly out of frustration and not to be dirty.

Maybe it's just me but the word dirty should be used specifically players who try to cheat or hurt other players at any golden opportunity, IE: the Kevin Garnetts and the Bruce Bowens.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Being dirty imo is trying to hurt someone, wade is not dirty. He might be physical, and i love that about him:)

TheWhiteMamba
04-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Both foul calls were correctly called. Jones took a cheap shot with a clear intent to smack Joakim in the face. Wade's foul was more frustration with Rip selling it pretty good. If/when these teams play in the ECF the refs need to warn both benches a la baseball umpires warning both dugouts.

Super.
04-21-2012, 04:14 PM
They both looked like F1's to me IMO

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 04:23 PM
They both looked like F1's to me IMO

No way, JJ was def a flagrant 2.

mjt20mik
04-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Being dirty imo is trying to hurt someone, wade is not dirty. He might be physical, and i love that about him:)

Look at Rondo elbow dislocation from last year's playoff and tell me that wasn't dirty.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Look at Rondo elbow dislocation from last year's playoff and tell me that wasn't dirty.

That wasn't dirty, thats bad luck on rondos part. they were tangled up, and rondo tried to break the fall with his arm. Not dirty imo, just bad luck.

Wade having his arm around him didnt cause rondo to fall, it was when wade was going down and their legs were basically tangled together that caused rondo to fall. Was just terrible luck imo. Rondo was playing his very agressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfCMqT05No8

If that didnt happen, that sereis would have gone 6 or 7.

felixng2012
04-21-2012, 04:53 PM

Need I even say more?

That was a nice flop but Chris Bosh isn't even a top 10 flopper.

Also the calls were spot on. If Hamilton did the same thing to Wade he would probably be ejected but hey there are perks to being a superstar.

Shlumpledink
04-21-2012, 05:33 PM
especially when you consider that wade's flagrant took place after james jones'. Officials usually call things tighter after things happen to make the game chippier, like flagrant 2's, i'm surprised wade didn't get tossed.

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 05:38 PM
nba.com
Flagrant Fouls: These fouls are considered unnecessary and/or excessive. There are two types of flagrant fouls, 1 and 2. A flagrant 1 is unnecessary contact. This is usually when a defensive player swings and makes hard contact with the offensive player or makes hard contact and then follows through. A flagrant foul 2 is unnecessary and excessive contact. This usually has a swinging motion, hard contact, and a follow through. Both fouls carry a penalty of two free throws and the team that was fouled retains possession. A flagrant foul 2 also results in an ejection of the player committing the foul. A player also is ejected if he commits two flagrant foul penalty 1’s.

Both JJ's and wade's fouls were unnecessary, thats obvious. JJ's was excessive. Wade's was not. Thats the difference.

Well how can you determine whats excessive and whats not? Usually where the foul oocurs, above the shoulders(head area) and it will most likely be a flagrant 2.

Below the shoulders and probably a flagrant 1