PDA

View Full Version : In Knicks best case, how far can they go?

NYSpirit1
04-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I wanted other fans opinions on this.

Say the Knicks move up to 6th and the Heat end up in 1st.

First round: Heat v 76ers, Celtics v Hawks, Knicks v Pacers and Bulls v Magic --

Lets say the Knicks beat the Pacers and then Lin comes back for round 2, can they advance past the Bulls with a healthy Lin, STAT, Melo and going 10 deep rotation to play presumably Miami or Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals.

bholly
04-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Can't see them beating a healthy Bulls or Heat, and would have Boston and Indy as pretty big favourites against them. No idea about Atlanta or Orlando.
Has there been a period with Lin, Amar'e and Melo all working together yet?

The premise is also pretty weird. I'd say Orlando are still big favourites to hold the #6, and Chicago favourites (even if not huge favourites) to keep the #1. I know you said best case scenario, and this would be it, but it's a pretty out there hypothetical to think is main forum thread-worthy.

5ass
04-20-2012, 12:19 AM
ECF best case, most likely 1st or 2nd round exit

PacersForLife
04-20-2012, 12:30 AM
1st round exit. I really don't see them beating Boston, Indy, Miami, or Chicago in a series.

EDIT: I guess I could see them upsetting someone, but a lot of things have to go right for them. Don't get me wrong, they can compete with all of the top 4 teams, just not sure about their chances of beating any of them in a 7 game series.

DragonJaii
04-20-2012, 12:35 AM
i only see them beating the pacers, losing to celtics in 6, losing to bulls and heat in 5

TeamSeattle
04-20-2012, 12:46 AM
1st round exit. I really don't see them beating Boston, Indy, Miami, or Chicago in a series.

says the guy were 2-1 against and pacers barely won the third game. we can definitely beat you guys in 5 or 6.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 12:48 AM
best case is getting the 6th seed, if they play miami then best case is they win a game or two

kozelkid
04-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Most likely a 1st round exit, but assuming they remain as a seventh seed, that would mean if they beat Chicago or Miami, they'd face Indiana who I do think they are better than so I guess ECF where they lose. Granted I give them at most a 2-3% chance of beating Chicago or Miami in the first.

If they somehow end up at the 8th seed and make it to the 2nd round, they have to play Boston who they matchup horribly against imo.

AI
04-20-2012, 12:50 AM

That's funny, I could say the same thing about Indiana. Hopefully the Knicks get the 6th seed, they would own Indiana in a 7 game series.

AI
04-20-2012, 12:52 AM
If they somehow end up at the 8th seed and make it to the 2nd round, they have to play Boston who they matchup horribly against imo.

Knicks are 2-2 vs the Celtics this season. Every game has come down to the wire, would be 3-1 in favor of the Knicks if Pierce doesn't hit a 3 in the final seconds to tie the game over at Boston which they eventually won in OT.

I could see the Knicks beating every single team in the EC except Miami in a 7 game series. Chicago is without a healthy Rose, sure they've won without him, but in the playoffs? That is a big IF. The two biggest challenges the Knicks will face in the playoffs will be Miami and Boston if they face each other.

greg_ory_2005
04-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Winning the championship.

THE MTL
04-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Knicks can beat every team in the East in a 7-game series except Miami Heat. I'm more afraid of Boston than Chicago. For some reason, Boston plays their @$$ off against us and Pierce/Allen always make some miracle baskets.

But yeah with Amare....Knicks are fully capable of beating Chicago.

NYY 26 to 7
04-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Why do my fellow knick fans feel the need to put stuff like this everyday in the nba forum. We're obviously a long shot at a7 or 8 seed to win a series. We have confidence as fans in how our team has been playing but no other teams fan will think so and it doesn't matter and based on our up and down season they have no reason to believe in the Knicks. These topics are better served in the Knicks forum.

PacersForLife
04-20-2012, 01:02 AM
That's funny, I could say the same thing about Indiana. Hopefully the Knicks get the 6th seed, they would own Indiana in a 7 game series.
Hm, and how much have you watched the Pacers this year...?

Also.... I'm confused as to what you're saying considering we won't be facing Boston, Miami, or Chicago in the first round and do you really see them losing to a Dwight-less Magic?

says the guy were 2-1 against and pacers barely won the third game. we can definitely beat you guys in 5 or 6.
We'll see buddy. :)

PleaseBeNice
04-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Honestly dont see them getting out of the 1st round

naps
04-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Best case scenario for any team is winning the championship. Realistic scenario for Knicks is a first round exit. I would be surprised if the advance to the 2nd round honestly.

Bulls_fan90
04-20-2012, 07:05 AM
God I hope we get the Knicks.

Heediot
04-20-2012, 07:12 AM
IMO, the title is wide open. I think they are capable of winning it all. They have the talent, they just need the proper chemistry and attack different teams in different ways and they can get it done. It will be tough but not impossible.

Broadwayjoe NY
04-20-2012, 07:47 AM

First round: Heat v 76ers, Celtics v Hawks, Knicks v Pacers and Bulls v Magic --

Lets say the Knicks beat the Pacers and then Lin comes back for round 2, can they advance past the Bulls with a healthy Lin, STAT, Melo and going 10 deep rotation to play presumably Miami or Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals.

My man, and try not to take this the wrong way, but you should just cool it a bit on making one or more threads every day, that are all essentially saying or asking the same thing. Absolutely love the pride and enthusiasm, but you can really ask the same crowd the same thing so many times before people start to just get annoyed and you have nothing productive out of it.

I'm not sure if you want the constant validation from other fans, but you realize the last five threads you've made about how well we'll do, has no actual baring on the team right?? I think after you gauged everyone's interest in the first one or two, you should just sit back and enjoy playoff basketball for the second time in two years...something we as knicks' fans haven't been able to experience in a while.

Once again, I love the enthusiasm, but I think for your best interest, so people take you seriously, you should dial it down on the thread making.

STA_PLAR
04-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Orlando needs to lose three out of their last 4 and the knicks need to win their last four for the 6th spot.

Orlando has Memphis, DEN and UTAH who seem like losses to me without Dwight. They also have a game against CHA, who I think can pull an upset on such an atrocious team with no confidence right now (Orlando). Plus CHA is gonna play their hearts out to win one game before this horrible season ends.

Knicks have to beat CLE, ATL, Clippers and CHA.

I see them losing to the Clippers but if Melo plays how he has played the Knicks will get the 6th seed.

It would be stupid to think the Knicks couldn't beat the pacers. I'm not saying it will happen but its a 50-50 series.

But if the Knicks don't catch the Magic they will lose in the first round (8-10 percent chance they can pull an upset on Miami, better maybe 15% chance on the bulls).

All in all, the Knicks need to realize that they fired NoD'Antonio way too late. If they had fired him they would've had an easier first round and some confidence against the Bulls or Miami in the second round.

Realistically, they will probably end up playing Miami and lose in 5, max 6 games.

On a brighter note, Let' just keep winning games NEW YORK! You can't lose if you keep winning ! hahaha

oak2455
04-20-2012, 08:40 AM

EDIT: I guess I could see them upsetting someone, but a lot of things have to go right for them. Don't get me wrong, they can compete with all of the top 4 teams, just not sure about their chances of beating any of them in a 7 game series.

Lol do you even watch the NBA ??last 3 games we handled the Pacemakers pretty well ( 2 blowouts) .. Last game you made a nice comeback and won but stop with the homer shades it's scary....

silverbrad
04-20-2012, 08:42 AM
My man, and try not to take this the wrong way, but you should just cool it a bit on making one or more threads every day, that are all essentially saying or asking the same thing. Absolutely love the pride and enthusiasm, but you can really ask the same crowd the same thing so many times before people start to just get annoyed and you have nothing productive out of it.

I'm not sure if you want the constant validation from other fans, but you realize the last five threads you've made about how well we'll do, has no actual baring on the team right?? I think after you gauged everyone's interest in the first one or two, you should just sit back and enjoy playoff basketball for the second time in two years...something we as knicks' fans haven't been able to experience in a while.

Once again, I love the enthusiasm, but I think for your best interest, so people take you seriously, you should dial it down on the thread making.

YES! THIS!! Knicks fans get such a bad rap because we're a bunch of pushy New Yorkers, so let's just let our teams play do the talking!!!!! I love how we can't beat this team or that team (Celtics AND Bulls) who've we've beaten in the last few weeks!!!!!

I really love these % quotes people are coming up with. "if the Knicks play the Bulls I give them an 8.6275% chance but against the Heat I estimate that it'll be 2.875%. Really???? C'MONNOW.... It's VERY possible that any team that makes the playoffs can beat any other team that makes the playoffs... I seem to remember a Knicks team from a lock-out shortened 1998-99 season playing the Heat who COULD NOT LOSE!!! I think it was like a 1.975% chance that the Heat could lose.....

MattS
04-20-2012, 08:48 AM
i am likely in the minority on this but I think the Knicks with a healthy Amare Stoudemire can beat Miami in a series.
Also, for some reason the Knicks play the Bulls very tough over the past 2 seasons and I can see them beating them also.
Both are in all likely hood unlikely, but the Knicks with a healthy team ( with or without Lin ) would not surprise me in the least bit if they beat the Bulls or Heat in the playoffs.

Knicks are not your typical 6, 7, or 8 seed... they are a legit threat to every team in the East

oak2455
04-20-2012, 08:50 AM

I honestly think he's a thread making troll ....seriously btw I think if the Knicks get the 6 seed somehow the second is gonna be tough I say we can last 6 games .... This thread will get crazzzzzy soon

ball4reel
04-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Why do my fellow knick fans feel the need to put stuff like this everyday in the nba forum. We're obviously a long shot at a7 or 8 seed to win a series. We have confidence as fans in how our team has been playing but no other teams fan will think so and it doesn't matter and based on our up and down season they have no reason to believe in the Knicks. These topics are better served in the Knicks forum.

^^^^^this :facepalm:

MattS
04-20-2012, 08:57 AM
just an FYI... the Knicks getting the 5 seed is not unrealistic.. setting up a likely Boston / NYK showdown.

Its not impossible for:
- the Hawks to lose their last 4 games ( Celts, Knicks, Clips, Mavs )
- the Knicks to win out ( Cavs, Hawks, Clips, Bobcats )
- the Magic to go 1-3 ( Utah, Denver, Bobcats, Memphis )

its a lot to happen but certainly not impossible.... lots of possibilites remain, including the Celtics getting the 3 seed and Pacers falling to 4.

Kinkotheclown
04-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Winning the championship.

:clap:

Yes. That would be the best case :D

BklynKnicks3
04-20-2012, 09:06 AM

cant beat indyyyyyyyy lol i was crackin up until i see u are a pacer fan. We destroyed u twice and the 3rd time we where doing it again n choked whats ur reasoning

AceMan
04-20-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't think the Knicks will beat Miami, but why is it so crazy to think that they can? Just look at them like the Mavs from last year:

- Melo can do a reasonable Dirk impersonation, if he gets hot he's just as dangerous.
- Chandler is Chandler
- JR Smith can play the Terry role if he gets hot
- Shump can defend LeBron or Wade close to as well as Marion did

I think it's a pretty reasonable idea. And who do you trust more at the end of games? Melo, who is statistically one of the best clutch scorers in the game? Or LeBron and Wade, who can't even decide which one is shooting? Especially at MSG, I can't imagine LeBron pulling out a close game with MSG's crowd. I'm not saying I think the Knicks will win, they'd obviously be huge underdogs, but I think it's very possible that they could win.

oak2455
04-20-2012, 09:15 AM
cant beat indyyyyyyyy lol i was crackin up until i see u are a pacer fan. We destroyed u twice and the 3rd time we where doing it again n choked whats ur reasoning

He smokes tons of hash

nycericanguy
04-20-2012, 09:18 AM
When you look at NY's roster, theres no reason they can't compete with MIA or CHI. Those teams are more established, but NY has been one of the best teams in the NBA under Woodson. They are 15-5. And they are 25-14 after that 8-15 start. They've been really good for a while now.

People used to say "they have alot of weapons but their defense isn't as good as CHI or MIA"... but guess what, right now Knicks defense is top 4, and #1 under Woodson. They have arguably the 3rd best center in the NBA who is playing like a Mutombo down there. The pieces are all there.

Best case is the title, not probable, but they have a shot. If NY plays CHI and Rose limps into that series, CHI could be in trouble. Last year IND gave CHI everything they could handle in round 1, and CHI needed some heroics from Rose to win. Knicks are better than IND, they've handled them this year.

mjm07
04-20-2012, 09:19 AM
IF they get the 6th seed I can see them exiting the playoffs in the 2nd round.
Not impossible for them to make it to ECF/Finals bcuz they are dangerious but highly improbable they make it past round 2. Odds worsen if they face Miami/Bulls IMO

Next year I expect them to be a Top 3 seed.

BTW:

Happy 20th day of April, gentlemen.

nycsports2
04-20-2012, 09:20 AM
best case if healthy all the way

nycsports2
04-20-2012, 09:22 AM
there gonna be alot better next yr might i add cuz this seasons been just nuts no continuity whatsoever next yr they should be a force but well c

gaughan333
04-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I will be so happy when the Knicks make a quick first round exit and I don't have to see anymore of these stupid threads.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't think the Knicks will beat Miami, but why is it so crazy to think that they can? Just look at them like the Mavs from last year:

- Melo can do a reasonable Dirk impersonation, if he gets hot he's just as dangerous.
- Chandler is Chandler
- JR Smith can play the Terry role if he gets hot
- Shump can defend LeBron or Wade close to as well as Marion did

I think it's a pretty reasonable idea. And who do you trust more at the end of games? Melo, who is statistically one of the best clutch scorers in the game? Or LeBron and Wade, who can't even decide which one is shooting? Especially at MSG, I can't imagine LeBron pulling out a close game with MSG's crowd. I'm not saying I think the Knicks will win, they'd obviously be huge underdogs, but I think it's very possible that they could win.

:laugh:

Wade got 28 points on 10-18 shooting with shump guarding him.

I give the knicks a 10% chance in that series, just cant see the winning 4 games in a 7 game series.

corky831
04-20-2012, 10:03 AM
knicks have talent, unfortunately for them, they most likely will play the heat in the 1st round....so 1st round exit is my prediction

IndyRealist
04-20-2012, 10:10 AM
just an FYI... the Knicks getting the 5 seed is not unrealistic.. setting up a likely Boston / NYK showdown.

Its not impossible for:

its a lot to happen but certainly not impossible.... lots of possibilites remain, including the Celtics getting the 3 seed and Pacers falling to 4.

Not impossible. But it IS unrealistic to think the Hawks lose their last 4 and the Knicks win their last 4.

And the Pacers can't fall to 4 because the Celtics can't catch them at this point, and Boston won their division so they're top 4 no matter what. They can fall to 5 if Atlanta wins out and the Pacers drop their last 3 games.

gbrl
04-20-2012, 10:11 AM

Its not impossible for:

thats not a possibility as they are down 4 with 3 remaining, only one who can catch indy for the 3rd seed is hawks and they would have to win out while we lose out

nycsports2
04-20-2012, 10:15 AM

I give the knicks a 10% chance in that series, just cant see the winning 4 games in a 7 game series.

lol guess you didnt watch the game huh...

Dankster
04-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Obviously there have been Knicks trolls in the past that rubbed a lot of non-Knicks fans the wrong way, hence the reason for such vitriol towards the franchise. And I can understand that perspective, but for anyone to think they wouldn't stand a chance in a series with any of the other eastern conference playoff-bound teams outside of the Heat is silly.

They could definitely beat Boston, Indiana, Chicago, Philly, Atlanta and Orlando in a 7 game series. Flip side to that statement is any of those teams can manage to beat the Knicks as well. I don't see anyone outside of Miami though that poses such a threat to the Knicks where they don't think they'd stand a good chance at beating them.

Their confidence level is very high right now and they have enough star power and depth to be very competitive as long as they don't see the Heat in the 1st round.

MrfadeawayJB
04-20-2012, 10:18 AM
At best, they get to the second round. However i see them getting bouced in the first round

IndyRealist
04-20-2012, 10:25 AM
When you look at NY's roster, theres no reason they can't compete with MIA or CHI. Those teams are more established, but NY has been one of the best teams in the NBA under Woodson. They are 15-5. And they are 25-14 after that 8-15 start. They've been really good for a while now.

People used to say "they have alot of weapons but their defense isn't as good as CHI or MIA"... but guess what, right now Knicks defense is top 4, and #1 under Woodson. They have arguably the 3rd best center in the NBA who is playing like a Mutombo down there. The pieces are all there.

Best case is the title, not probable, but they have a shot. If NY plays CHI and Rose limps into that series, CHI could be in trouble. Last year IND gave CHI everything they could handle in round 1, and CHI needed some heroics from Rose to win. Knicks are better than IND, they've handled them this year.

If we're looking at splits, since the back-to-back losses against the Knicks, the Pacers are 16-4, 11-1 in April. The Pacers team now is not the same team the Knicks played then. In that same time, the Knicks are 12-5, 6-3 in April. The Pacers are beating teams fighting for playoff seeding, including Miami, Milwaukee, Philly, Oklahoma City, Houston and the Clippers. Oh, and the Knicks on April 3rd.

Lin gave us fits, is he supposed to be back for the playoffs? I'd give the Knicks much better odds against the Pacers with him than without.

He115ing
04-20-2012, 10:25 AM

I dunno man, the games against pacers are definitely "winnable".:p

nycericanguy
04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
If we're looking at splits, since the back-to-back losses against the Knicks, the Pacers are 16-4, 11-1 in April. The Pacers team now is not the same team the Knicks played then. In that same time, the Knicks are 12-5, 6-3 in April. The Pacers are beating teams fighting for playoff seeding, including Miami, Milwaukee, Philly, Oklahoma City, Houston and the Clippers. Oh, and the Knicks on April 3rd.

Lin gave us fits, is he supposed to be back for the playoffs? I'd give the Knicks much better odds against the Pacers with him than without.

Lin played decent against IND, but nothing special IMO.

Knicks played IND well all year, even without Lin, Stat & JJ, NY in the 3rd game had a 17 point lead in IND going into the 4th. They choked and Granger caught fire, but if you watched those 3 games NY was clearly the better team.

Captain Moroni
04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Best case? A championship. That would apply to all 16 playoff teams.

cp yankeesman
04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
They better get the 6th seed or is 4 game sweep.

gbrl
04-20-2012, 10:40 AM

this. since those first knick games granger has been on a tear and the offense has been rolling especially of late where they have scored 100 pts in 12 of the last 13 games

PlayDPlease
04-20-2012, 10:41 AM
If they can shoot 38-40% from the arc, all the way.

Otherwise, eh, second round.

Jarvo
04-20-2012, 10:43 AM
I have confindence in rhe knicks to suprise everyone and to beat the bulls in 7
If they play the Heat they will lose in 5
The Pacers, It's a toss up

But all in all they are out either in the 1st or 2nd round.

new york blue
04-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Unless the Knicks get a point guard miracle--i.e. early Lin return, Baron or Bibby revival--they lose badly in round 1. Miami has too much talent and Chicago rebounds too well. Amare's return will help, but it it doubtful that he will be at full strength and/or well integrated. It would be nice to dream of a repeat of the last strike season when they snuck into the finals, but the realities of the greedball season, and all its attendant injuries, make this a fantasy.

nycericanguy
04-20-2012, 10:47 AM
this. since those first knick games granger has been on a tear and the offense has been rolling especially of late where they have scored 100 pts in 12 of the last 13 games

Pacers are a solid team, but they've also been incredibly fortunate this year. They've had their starting lineup for every game except 2. Most other teams have had to deal with a TON of injuries. And they had the advantage of having their core together for a while, which was a big advantage this year without camp.

gbrl
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Pacers are a solid team, but they've also been incredibly fortunate this year. They've had their starting lineup for every game except 2. Most other teams have had to deal with a TON of injuries. And they had the advantage of having their core together for a while, which was a big advantage this year without camp.

no doubt we have been fortunate with injuries, hell an injury has even made us better as collison has been out the last i think 6 games forcing us to start hill who likely earned himself a starting spot

effen5
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Knicks won't be able to beat the pacers. Pacers are not only underrated but one of the hottest and physical teams in the nba

Bobshirleyrules
04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Knicks need to tie Orlando, if they do the will play Indiana who they can beat.

Knicks appear to play Chicago tough, so having them in the 2nd round would be great

Miami(1) v. Philly (8)
Chicago (2) v. Orlando (7)
Indiana (3) v. NY (6)
Atlanta (5) v. Boston (4)

If all top seed hold except Indiana (I don't believe they re-seed like in Hockey) so its:

Knicks v. Bulls; Celtics v. Miami.

I believe the Knicks could push the Bulls, I also think LeBron could choke and thus the Celtics could push Miami. That being said I would want a nice payout.

Frankly if the Knicks get by Indiana, and Push the Bulls to 7 games, it would be a very good building block towards next year!

oak2455
04-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Knicks won't be able to beat the pacers. Pacers are not only underrated but one of the hottest and physical teams in the nba

ok guess you missed the last few times they played each other.......gotta watch the games ......BTW 15-5 not a bad stretch either:)

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-20-2012, 11:56 AM
If they move up to sixth, which I think they will, they will beat out the Pacers. Then, in 2nd round if they face the 2nd seeded Heat, they can upset them, but they won't. But for sure will get out of first round.

MattS
04-20-2012, 12:14 PM
yeah youre right... the pacers / celts comment was okay before last nights game... them winning last night ended that... i didnt look at scores this morning

thats not a possibility as they are down 4 with 3 remaining, only one who can catch indy for the 3rd seed is hawks and they would have to win out while we lose out

MattS
04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Granger was on a tear before the Knicks game... then he opened his mouth and the Knicks slapped him & the pacers around.

gbrl
04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Granger was on a tear before the Knicks game... then he opened his mouth and the Knicks slapped him & the pacers around.

granger got the last laugh, leading a 4th quarter comeback scoring 14 points

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 12:33 PM
lol

PlezPlayDKnicks
04-20-2012, 12:34 PM

clearly they ran double screens for wade to free him up. Have u ever seen some1 pressure Wade that tough one on one this season. picked his pocker twice in iso situations and guarded him well. Best defense ive seen on wade in awhile

knicks=love
04-20-2012, 12:37 PM

knicks=love
04-20-2012, 12:40 PM

carmelo anthony, who's averaging 30.1 ppg in the month of april, says hello. :facepalm:

gbrl
04-20-2012, 12:42 PM
carmelo anthony, who's averaging 30.1 ppg in the month of april, says hello. :facepalm:

the same melo who scored 39 points in april against the pacers and lost

oak2455
04-20-2012, 12:44 PM
granger got the last laugh, leading a 4th quarter comeback scoring 14 points

Where was he in the two blowout loses ???? Again guess you missed that classic psd.... You'll see.... talk is cheap ask Big Mouth Danny:clap:

oak2455
04-20-2012, 12:46 PM

2 wins ( blow outs) and 1 loss against the Pacemakers..... Watch the NBA and learn...I hate ppl who talk and don't realize how dumb they sound!!

gbrl
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
2 wins ( blow outs) and 1 loss against the Pacemakers..... Watch the NBA and learn...I hate ppl who talk and don't realize how dumb they sound!!

pretty ironic considering youre sounding like a child. no lin and an injured amare if you face us, but go ahead and dwell on those two wins

knicks=love
04-20-2012, 12:52 PM

the same melo who's on the knicks who beat the pacers in 2 of 3 games this year.. now where are you gonna go with this argument?

knicks=love
04-20-2012, 12:54 PM
pretty ironic considering youre sounding like a child. no lin and an injured amare if you face us, but go ahead and dwell on those two wins

melo would flat out destroy david west down low. we'll dwell on the 2 wins while you dwell on the 1 win.. i don't understand how you're gonna talk **** when we beat you in the season series. no excuses. that's what happened, deal with it.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
The only team I see without a doubt beating the Knicks in a seven game series is Miami. I think Chicago has a very good chance to be the Knicks, and I think a matchup between Boston and New York would be a coin flip. Against the Pacers, I think the Knicks are the better the team and I would probably be dissappointed if Indy won.

Either way the best case for the Knicks (and any other team for that matter) is the championship. But I see what the OP is trying to say so I guess I will say the best case for the Knicks is the ECF.

Also, the Knicks are like my 3rd favorite team in all of sports behind the Jets and the Yanks. Having said that, not every thread needs to be about them. I like reading peoples opinions on teams other than the Knicks, Bulls, Lakers, Heat and Celtics.

jeter 2
04-20-2012, 01:05 PM
They have the potential to win a championship but let's not get fooled by potential.

Donuts365
04-20-2012, 01:13 PM
would the knicks face bulls if they stay at 7th?

Donuts365
04-20-2012, 01:16 PM

stop it

knicks=love
04-20-2012, 01:17 PM
would the knicks face bulls if they stay at 7th?

1 Bulls vs 8 76ers
2 Heat vs 7 Knicks
3 Pacers vs 6 Magic
4 Celtics vs 5 Hawks

that's what it is right now. heat are 1.5 games back of the bulls for the 1st seed, and the knicks still have a shot at the 6th seed if they win out and the magic lose out or only win 1 game.

corky831
04-20-2012, 01:22 PM
clearly they ran double screens for wade to free him up. Have u ever seen some1 pressure Wade that tough one on one this season. picked his pocker twice in iso situations and guarded him well. Best defense ive seen on wade in awhile

I have. His name is Avery Bradley....he played up against D. Wade for the majority of the past two Celtics Heat games....first one D. Wade was 6-17 for 15 pts....second game he was 9-21 with 20 points.

king4day
04-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Considering how bad NY is at full strength, I think they are knocked out no matter who they'd get in the 2nd round.

PlezPlayDKnicks
04-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I have. His name is Avery Bradley....he played up against D. Wade for the majority of the past two Celtics Heat games....first one D. Wade was 6-17 for 15 pts....second game he was 9-21 with 20 points.

I personally only saw the last Celtic heat game but I can't take anything from Bradley. He is equally as intense as Shump so no argument here

nycericanguy
04-20-2012, 01:43 PM

Amare is coming back today. He'll have 4 games to round into shape.

When you start hoping other teams are missing players, thats when you know the other team is better.

IND can have their entire roster 100% healthy, and even without Lin or STAT I think NY wins. They were dominating them in their last meeting for 3 quarters.

oak2455
04-20-2012, 02:00 PM

Really because I have facts... the Knicks blew out the Pacers twice and lost once.....so how again is this childish ...ohhhh because you HAVE NO argument.... seriously gimme some facts on how, because I seen ZERO....

benzni
04-20-2012, 02:01 PM
not beating Miami. At best, a 6 game series

TeamSeattle
04-20-2012, 02:15 PM

some of these bulls fans are hilarious, I swear they think their team is god's gift to basketball. We already beat Indy in the season series and pretty nicely at that.

Evolution23
04-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Knicks beat Indiana 2 out of 3 times this season. They beat em badly and the 3rd time Indiana came back down 20+ points and won that one. So if you really wanna talk, talk about matchups not individual records.

oak2455
04-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Knicks beat Indiana 2 out of 3 times this season. They beat em badly and the 3rd time Indiana came back down 20+ points and won that one. So if you really wanna talk, talk about matchups not individual records.

one of the best sigs on PSD:clap::clap:

Blitzace137
04-20-2012, 02:59 PM

haha who was Landry talking to in your icon

RonE Coleman
04-20-2012, 03:08 PM
haha who was Landry talking to in your icon

Pierce

WAYNEBO
04-20-2012, 04:12 PM
NYK just signed another rental player: Old Dan Gadzooks (and his HOT chick)

He'll spell Tyson now that JJ is out possibly into the playoffs. I like their bench even more now.

WAYNEBO
04-20-2012, 04:14 PM
some of these bulls fans are hilarious, I swear they think their team is god's gift to basketball. We already beat Indy in the season series and pretty nicely at that.

NYK beat the Pacers twice in back-to-backs... There are 2 kinds of Bulls fans: 1) living in the past or 2) 12yos who watch SportsCenter.

WAYNEBO
04-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Has the current roster played in those 12 year? NO STFU and keep living in the past Namath.

PacersForLife
04-20-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't know how many times it has to be mentioned, but the regular season is not the playoffs. If the Pacers face the Knicks it would be a gritty series, but this team has turned a corner and have done it at the perfect time.

PacersForLife
04-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by effen5

stop it

Somebody hasn't been paying attention.

Kashmir13579
04-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Hm, and how much have you watched the Pacers this year...?

The games they played the Knicks... Pacers are easily our best possible match-up to make it out of the 1st round. No question.

PacersForLife
04-20-2012, 05:07 PM
The games they played the Knicks... Pacers are easily our best possible match-up to make it out of the 1st round. No question.

I understand that, but people shouldn't act like the hottest team in April is just some pushover. I would love for us to face you guys in the first round.

meloman1592
04-20-2012, 05:14 PM
People say the pacers are hot like the Knicks aren't....we've dominated them this year btw. Not saying we match up better with Miami or Chicago better than they do because that wouldn't be true but as far as head to head, I would pick the Knicks all homerism aside. Same wasy I believe the Thunder are the best team out west but head to head, the clippers would beat them in 6.

matchups my friends......matchups

Kashmir13579
04-20-2012, 05:16 PM
I understand that, but people shouldn't act like the hottest team in April is just some pushover. I would love for us to face you guys in the first round.

I find it hard to believe that you're not just talking trash. You don't want the Knicks in the first round. Orlando you guys can beat no problem. Knicks will give you fits and you should know.

ShadyOne
04-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Seriously, the Knicks are about as difficult a team to predict as there is in the NBA. You never know if you are getting the team that can beat anyone out there, or the team that gets blown out.

I could tell you this, I would bet the higher seeds would rather they don't get the Knicks in the first round, Lin or not. I think they are capable of beating any of the teams they would face in the first round, with Miami being the team I would least like the matchup. The real key will be how Amare looks coming back, and how he improves/detracts from what the team has been doing since he is out. If he fits back in nicely, watch out...

beasted86
04-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Yes, the 7th seed team is giving everyone fits and could upset anyone in the first round without home court advantage and with 2 of their 4 best players out for the series or injured.

The optimism of Knick fans in this thread completely caught me off guard. I'd expect fans of any given team to always pick the opponent to win the series.

knicks=love
04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Seriously, the Knicks are about as difficult a team to predict as there is in the NBA. You never know if you are getting the team that can beat anyone out there, or the team that gets blown out.

I could tell you this, I would bet the higher seeds would rather they don't get the Knicks in the first round, Lin or not. I think they are capable of beating any of the teams they would face in the first round, with Miami being the team I would least like the matchup. The real key will be how Amare looks coming back, and how he improves/detracts from what the team has been doing since he is out. If he fits back in nicely, watch out...

this

xxplayerxx23
04-20-2012, 06:29 PM
the pacers are no pushover, but they are def praying for orlando thats a walk through without howard, Knicks would be a fight of a series, games would come down to the wire and it would be a tight series, but to say we cant beat them is comical. I would say we would be the favorite, and we would win in 6, but the pacers are a good team, watch out for them, they can beat any team in the east

oak2455
04-20-2012, 06:34 PM
There is one type of Knicks fan 1. The fan that forgets the Knicks havent won a playoff game in 12 years

Says the Jets(1969) fan / Nets(Never) fan could you be a Mets(1986) fan too:laugh::laugh:

PacersForLife
04-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Games like tonight are what make me question the Knicks. With all their guys healthy they are worse... too many guys that need the ball.

Bubba313
04-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Games like tonight are what make me question the Knicks. With all their guys healthy they are worse... too many guys that need the ball.

I'm a Knicks fan and I question them, but this game has nothing to do with my skepticism.

To say all of our guys are healthy is a huge overstatement. Tonight we were without Baron, Lin, and Jeffries. Also, this was Stat's first game back off of injury so no one expected him to be all that great.

Tonight there was a major lack of effort. That will not be the case in the playoffs - we barely had anything to play for tonight except for a glimmer of hope that we get the 6th seed. Now that dream is officially over its time to just get healthy

D12 fan
04-20-2012, 11:18 PM
The Knicks need to trade Amare this offseason,because he and Melo don't fit well together.As for the question they are most likely to fall to Mia/Chi in the 1rd.

knicksfan42
04-20-2012, 11:24 PM
The Knicks need to trade Amare

For what? Dog ****? I don't even think anyone would offer dog ****. Dog **** would be a steal.

knicksfan42
04-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Headlines Knicks trade Amare for Dog ****, Commit Highway Robbery

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 11:27 PM
After watching how awful they looked with amare back, if they can win 2 games in the playoffs i would be impressed.

knicksfan42
04-20-2012, 11:29 PM
After watching how awful they looked with amare back, if they can win 2 games in the playoffs i would be impressed.

Well Amare is only the worst ****ing big man defender in the league.

IndyRealist
04-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Man people turned on Amare fast. When he signed and they traded for Melo, NY was talking championships. Now he's the worst ****ing big man? Trading him for dog **** would be a steal?

I've never been a fan of STAT, but he just came back off of injury, and was playing really well prior to that. Give the man a break, it's one game. He shot a hair under 50%, got to the line, and blocked 4 shots.

And can we give the "Knicks are gonna move up to 6th by winning all their games and are better than all the teams above them" a rest now? It's great they have passionate fans, but the unrealistic expectations flying around this place has been a tad ridiculous.

IndyRealist
04-21-2012, 06:46 AM
People say the pacers are hot like the Knicks aren't....we've dominated them this year btw. Not saying we match up better with Miami or Chicago better than they do because that wouldn't be true but as far as head to head, I would pick the Knicks all homerism aside. Same wasy I believe the Thunder are the best team out west but head to head, the clippers would beat them in 6.

matchups my friends......matchups

Knicks are 6-4 in April. I wouldn't say that's "hot". Pacers are 11-1.

IndyRealist
04-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Orlando you guys can beat no problem. Knicks will give you fits and you should know.

THIS. I hope no Pacer fan said the Knicks would be a cake walk. Melo's playing out of his mind. They match up really well and Chandler neutralizes Hibbert. Indy is definitely the best chance for the Knicks to get to the 2nd round.

Either way it goes, it's going to be 6 or 7 games.

YoungOne
04-21-2012, 07:28 AM
so much for 6th place

tcav701
04-21-2012, 08:49 AM
The Knicks woudlnt get anything but bad contracts back for Amare.

They are probably better off amnestying him and taking the cap space.

silverbrad
04-21-2012, 09:10 AM
I think we need to give Amare a break...it was his first game back! But I also believe that Amare's overall game is not conducive to the way our team has been winning. At this point, we need to basically run 2 teams... our starting rotation, and a 2nd string rotation. While our bench production has been solid as of late, I'd do this more for the starters chemistry. I LOVE STAT but he cannot (not will not but CANNOT) play team defense. We've become a solid defensive team since Woody took over, and Melo is causing all sorts of match-up issues playing PF, so why screw with success??? Let STAT play center on the 2nd unit and out speed slower centers causing another mismatch in our favor...like we did pre chandler. B-diddy, Fields, JJ (or Ganzuric from what I hear) Novak, or JR, and STAT is a great 2nd unit... let's not start all these "TRADE AMARE" threads again PLEASE!!! That's why us Knicks fans get such a bad rap!!!

MattS
04-21-2012, 09:17 AM
by hottest team do you mean being 1 game better then the second hottest team... the knicks... who basically have dominated the Pacers this year minue the 4th quarter collapse

MattS
04-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Knicks already used their Amnesty on Billups

The Knicks woudlnt get anything but bad contracts back for Amare.

They are probably better off amnestying him and taking the cap space.

tcav701
04-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Knicks already used their Amnesty on Billups

OH yeah thats right.

They are kinda screwed.

meloman1592
04-21-2012, 09:31 AM
As long as amare is our starting 4, we aren't beating anyone that actually knows how to play

eagles715
04-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Knicks fans I'm sorry you guys are the worst. So by your logic, "We beat the Pacers 2 out of 3 times in the regular season we'd destroy them in a 7 game series," then the Heat should be terrified if they are the 1 seed and the Bucks end up being the 8 seed. Give me a break.

Look at a situation realistically, for once. You guys were talking about trading Melo a month ago now all of a sudden you guys think you can win the East? Give me a break.

oak2455
04-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Relax there Super team with no SBs .... The fans who said trade Melo weren't fans so stop babbling .... Also as a fan what should you say hey we have no shot? No ..... So Knick fans are excited were in it to win it and **** anything can happen.... So just sit back watch n enjoy it's just a game:D

Becks2307
04-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Knicks fans I'm sorry you guys are the worst. So by your logic, "We beat the Pacers 2 out of 3 times in the regular season we'd destroy them in a 7 game series," then the Heat should be terrified if they are the 1 seed and the Bucks end up being the 8 seed. Give me a break.

Look at a situation realistically, for once. You guys were talking about trading Melo a month ago now all of a sudden you guys think you can win the East? Give me a break.

Wait, who said we would win the east?

Look, pacers fans started saying the knicks would be a cake walk, which is quite frankly baffling since we out played them considerably in head to head match ups. NO knick fan is saying we are gonna sweep the pacers but its pretty obvious that Indy is our best chance to make it out the first round,

justinnum1
04-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Its hard to go by head to head match ups. Heat didnt win one regular season game vs chicago last year and went 1-3 vs boston in the regular season.

Evolution23
04-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Knicks are 6-2 with Woodson, Amare, and Melo

Evolution23
04-21-2012, 12:55 PM
winning each of those games by double figures

Evolution23
04-21-2012, 12:55 PM
I guess people missed that important stat.

meloman1592
04-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Wait, who said we would win the east?

Look, pacers fans started saying the knicks would be a cake walk, which is quite frankly baffling since we out played them considerably in head to head match ups. NO knick fan is saying we are gonna sweep the pacers but its pretty obvious that Indy is our best chance to make it out the first round,

That was actually Granger lol, but the Knicks shut him up pretty good

ManningToTyree
04-21-2012, 01:12 PM
2nd round because of match-ups

ManningToTyree
04-21-2012, 01:15 PM

Coming from an Eagles fan :laugh2:

But seriously it isn't all Knick fans thinking illogically