PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat To Open a Nightclub in AA Arena

haggis
04-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Playing to stereotype, Heat to open nightclub in arena

Miami fans arrive late, are there to be seen, and are on their iPhones the entire game planning where to go after ó the basketball is an afterthought. If itís a thought at all.

Well, thatís the stereotype. Itís not true all the way around the block ó check out the fans in the ďcheapĒ 400-level seats, up above the luxury boxes, and tell me those fans arenít there for the game. Those fans are there to scream. But stereotypes exist for a reason and the Miami Heat are about to cater to them.

A Hyde Nightclub is opening in AmericanAirlines Arena on Heat game nights next season, reports Bloomberg on Businessweek.com. (http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-04-18/miami-heat-teams-with-sbe-to-open-hyde-nightclub-at-arena) If you just had to ask what Hyde nightclub is, you can assume you will never get past the velvet rope.

Sam Nazarian, the Los Angeles restaurant and hotel owner, plans to open a Hyde nightclub at the Miami Heatís AmericanAirlines Arena as sports venues expand their entertainment offeringsÖ.

The club will feature multiple bars, lounge areas, flat-screen televisions and a private dining room.

This isnít the first Hyde club in an arena ó the Lakers already have one at Staples Center. Yes, you should have guessed that.

The natural instinct here is to rip the Heat and their fans, but really this is just smart business. There are a lot of very rich people in Miami who want to pay a lot to come to Heat games and the team would be stupid not to offer amenities and take that money. The real fans, the people wondering why the Heat donít run more LeBron James/Dwyane Wade pick-and-rolls in the fourth quarter, will still come or watch on television. They arenít going anywhere. So if you can soak some guy for a bottle of Crystal in a club and put that in your bottom line, go for it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/playing-to-stereotype-heat-to-open-nightclub-in-arena/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-04-18/miami-heat-teams-with-sbe-to-open-hyde-nightclub-at-arena

310Casper
04-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Great idea, not sure why other arenas havent capitalized on this idea as well.

You already have 20,000+ fans in one place for a game, why not build a club in there for a post-game party. More $$$ to be made = more money to use on team and arena.

After a Laker game, fans walk out of staples center are in the center of "LA Live" immediately, a new large outdoor mall type place. Restaurants, clubs, bars, coffee shops. $$$

D-Leethal
04-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Well getting Lebron James and Chris Bosh to pair with Dwayne Wade wasn't enough to get fans to watch and the whole 'FAN UP!' campaign failed miserably, might as well just give them a club they can fist pump at afterwards, maybe that'll work.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 03:07 PM
A lot of arenas will start doing this...

When i went to games last year i had access to the dewars lounge and the grey goose lounge, same people that were in the goose are going to probably be in this new club. Its whatever.

I made a ton of money selling some of my games last year.

Big Zo
04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Would have been somewhat ironic had they opened the Clevelander in the AAA instead of Marlins Park.

nycsports2
04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
i shall be there lol... i hate miami fans and its teams but miami knows how to party lol

Shmontaine
04-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Well getting Lebron James and Chris Bosh to pair with Dwayne Wade wasn't enough to get fans to watch and the whole 'FAN UP!' campaign failed miserably, might as well just give them a club they can fist pump at afterwards, maybe that'll work.

my thoughts exactly...

"be in the arena by tip-off, and get half off club entry after the game!!!"

Sinestro
04-19-2012, 03:45 PM
If it makes them money go for it

TrueFan420
04-19-2012, 03:48 PM
smart move on their part

Ezio
04-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Haggis you had to get that pun in there huh :laugh2:

haggis
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Haggis you had to get that pun in there huh :laugh2:

:o

gotoHcarolina52
04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Good thing they didn't have this in place last season. How embarrassing it would have been for the organization as a whole to see Dirk, Cuban and Terry partying it up in your own nightclub after defeating you.

MonroeFAN
04-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Passion of the guido

Shmontaine
04-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Good thing they didn't have this in place last season. How embarrassing it would have been for the organization as a whole to see Dirk, Cuban and Terry partying it up in your own nightclub after defeating you.

or Dwade, LJ, and Bosh partying after they just lost... well, bosh probably wouldn't have gone.. :D

shep33
04-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Lakers did this at the Forum many years ago. Not during the games though

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I rather go and eat at bongos.

kntresistheheat
04-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I dont get it? They have Dwards and Bongos at the arena. Why put more clubs in there?

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 05:29 PM
I dont get it? They have Dwards and Bongos at the arena. Why put more clubs in there?
This would actually be a club with a view of the court. The dewards is more of a restaurant

TeamSeattle
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Were turnin more greek everyday...naw seriously I guess this is a cool idea I mean the nba is all about money now.

Hoopsadvocate
04-19-2012, 06:06 PM
IDK why this is news they already have one in the AAA called Bongos its owned by gloria estefan i believe and its quite popular in miami already. So basically they are adding another night club so what :shrug:

t_money25
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM
They already have a club at the AAA called Bongos. Now if theyre gonna build one that you could watch the game from that would be an interesting idea

Raidaz4Life
04-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Very smart business move by the Heat.

ilstubirds
04-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Good for money reasons, terrible for liability reasons. There will be fights every night.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Bongos is not inside the arena, its right next to it.

It sounds like this new club will be in the arena with a view of the court.(probably club level or maybe replacing dewards)

The dewards lounge is also in the arena on the club level looking at the court but is not a club, more of a restaurant.

And the grey goose lounge is kind og a club/bar/lounge but it is on the court level off to the side of the court and you cant see the court from there.