PDA

View Full Version : Do you still want your team to go after D12 next season?

Souljia Boiii
04-19-2012, 02:59 PM
do you still want your team to go after dwide howard next season? after all the inddcision, the changing of the mind aparatus, the calling out teammates, the denying of wanting a new coach, now the rumors of quitting on the team and now the back injury, do you still want your team to give up key assets to acquire this madman?

back injuries are of the serious connotation, ask t-mac, and steve nash how it affects them, on twitter

the lockeroom troubles can possibly be overlooked if he is in a matured lockeroom, like that of the bulls who have tons of respected veterans(hamilton, scalabrine the GOAT, Mike James the GOAT, and a strong leadership in tom thibbadeur and derek rose), but the back injuries, lack of passion for the game and lack of work in the gym can not go unnoticed!!

andrew bynum has never played a full season in the nba and has a more polished low post game than howard! but at the end of the day, lack of work ethic or not, he still produces 20/10 with 3 blocks

with all that said, do you still want your team to give up key assets for dwide, or is he to much baggage?

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 03:00 PM
yup

5ass
04-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I think ur kidding urself if u dont want the 2nd most dominant player in the league on ur team.

Raph12
04-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Anyone who said no is lying, each and every team in the league can benefit from a trade for Dwight Howard.

Souljia Boiii
04-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyone who said no is lying, each and every team in the league can benefit from a trade for Dwight Howard.

not if you get him, without an extension, he causes lockeroom problems, complains about teammates effort to the media, and has an injured back

see amare stoudemire and t-mac and how back injuries have affected their careers thus far

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-19-2012, 03:24 PM
The guy is better served as the #2 option. He's not very good orchestrating a franchise. That is why, if he was willing to be 2nd fiddle to Kobe, sure. But if not, then no chance. He doesn't have it in his DNA to be a franchise player that will give you long term success. Maybe he will in the future, but not right now.

RipCity32
04-19-2012, 03:24 PM
He is kinda becoming a joke lately but you just cant find a dominant player like him anywhere so yes I would trade anyone excluding Lebron for him.

Lakers + Giants
04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Im fine with bynum, no thanks.

Sinestro
04-19-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't think he would work well with my current team so I'll say no

D-Leethal
04-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Never did. Dude has no heart and is as soft and fragile as they come.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 03:48 PM
The guy is better served as the #2 option. He's not very good orchestrating a franchise. That is why, if he was willing to be 2nd fiddle to Kobe, sure. But if not, then no chance. He doesn't have it in his DNA to be a franchise player that will give you long term success. Maybe he will in the future, but not right now.

This.
Smiling and joking around when his team is getting blown out doesn't help his legacy.

Green_Monster
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes.

Dade County
04-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Goodbye Bosh & fillers

5ass
04-19-2012, 03:56 PM

funny thing is no one complained about any of that the previous seasons when he carried his team on his back deep into the play offs. Now because he's complaining (he has every right to complain) he's soft and fragile? The guy is as physical and dominant as it gets on the court, thats really all that matters.

*Superman*
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM

How so.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:02 PM
funny thing is no one complained about any of that the previous seasons when he carried his team on his back deep into the play offs. Now because he's complaining (he has every right to complain) he's soft and fragile? The guy is as physical and dominant as it gets on the court, thats really all that matters.

One Finals appearance in 7 years and early exits is not really impressive,even LBJ has done a better job.

LAKERMANIA
04-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Even though I am really enjoying Bynum's performance this year.. I would still trade for Dwight straight up..

5ass
04-19-2012, 04:09 PM
One Finals appearance in 7 years and early exits is not really impressive,even LBJ has done a better job.

lol one finals appearance, one eastern conference finals appearance and one 1st round exit (where he averaged 27-16 on 63%fg and 68%ft) in the last 3 years. not impressive at all right? GTFO, ur just hating on dwight. Come back when u have a legit argument, this is ********.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Uh, yes.

Evolution23
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM

This

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:26 PM
lol one finals appearance, one eastern conference finals appearance and one 1st round exit (where he averaged 27-16 on 63%fg and 68%ft) in the last 3 years. not impressive at all right? GTFO, ur just hating on dwight. Come back when u have a legit argument, this is ********.

-2 times no playoffs
-2 first rounds exits
-1 EC semis exit
-1 ECF exit
-1 Finals appearance

That's some argument here

"GTFO" isn't one :rolleyes:

MagicBucsSox
04-19-2012, 04:29 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. ...Says the Knicks fan.... Ahahahahaahaahahaha you have been nominated for the Morris Claiborne post on the week

5ass
04-19-2012, 04:31 PM
-2 times no playoffs
-2 first rounds exits
-1 EC semis exit
-1 ECF exit
-1 Finals appearance

why are u bringing up **** that happened 7 years ago? Dwight is obviously not the same player he was back then. He was just a kid. U expect him to carry a team deep into the play offs in his first year? Ur just grabbing at straws, i chose the last 3 years to keep things relevant to today.

MagicBucsSox
04-19-2012, 04:31 PM

Stop watching the nba please. You obviously don't know a big man need help around him. I mean how else you think Bynum got 2 championships he never earned

Geek
04-19-2012, 04:34 PM
I think ur kidding urself if u dont want the 2nd most dominant player in the league on ur team.Your are ****ing whipped over him.

sep11ie
04-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I'd love Dwide Howard on my team.

Giraffes Rule
04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Nope. Not that it's a possibility at all, but I can't imagine Dwight wanting to be in San Antonio if he wants out of Orlando.

Raph12
04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Anyone saying they wouldn't want him on their team is lying through their teeth, plain and simple. He's still the most dominant and impactful player in the league (outside of Lebron) and any team that trades for him would get better.

Not everyone gets traded to the Lakers as a rookie out of highschool and has a guy like Shaq carry them until they can develop. Kobe on the Charlotte Hornets would have exposed him early and turned him into JR Smith... If Dwight was traded to the Lakers in '04 and had a guy of Kobe's caliber to be able to dominate while he develops, his accolades would look a lot better as well... Dwight's best teammates have been Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu and Grandpa Vince; getting more than a Finals appearance and two EC Finals out of that would be extremely difficult.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:42 PM
why are u bringing up **** that happened 7 years ago? Dwight is obviously not the same player he was back then. He was just a kid. U expect him to carry a team deep into the play offs in his first year? Ur just grabbing at straws, i chose the last 3 years to keep things relevant to today.

Last year was a 1st round exit,do you remember?

smith&wesson
04-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Well the answer is obvious for my since im a raptors fan.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 04:45 PM

:confused:

:laugh:

5ass
04-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Last year was a 1st round exit,do you remember?

i do remember, look at my previous post...

one 1st round exit (where he averaged 27-16 on 63%fg and 68%ft)

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
-2 times no playoffs
-2 first rounds exits
-1 EC semis exit
-1 ECF exit
-1 Finals appearance

How many players have carried a team with no other All NBA players to the NBA finals?

When you get that list for me we'd see how much you continue to descredit Dwight.

I'll give you a head start

1. Dirk
2. LeBron

oh and no Kobe nor Shaq was ever able to do this. :rolleyes:

Donuts365
04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
yup i want howard on nets

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Stop watching the nba please. You obviously don't know a big man need help around him. I mean how else you think Bynum got 2 championships he never earned

So,all the Rashard Lewis,arenas,jameer nelson,vince,turk,redick,baby davis,richardson,gortat and co weren't enough?

If Dwight is that dominant,he doesn't need players like LBJ,Durant,Kobe or Wade to get it done,right?

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:50 PM
i do remember, look at my previous post...

Oh yeah cause he did 27 and 16,1st round exit is fine.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:52 PM
How many players have carried a team with no other All NBA players to the NBA finals?

When you get that list for me we'd see how much you continue to descredit Dwight.

I'll give you a head start

1. Dirk
2. LeBron

oh and no Kobe nor Shaq was ever able to do this. :rolleyes:

Duncan

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 04:53 PM
So,all the Rashard Lewis,arenas,jameer nelson,vince,turk,redick,baby davis,richardson,gortat and co weren't enough?

If Dwight is that dominant,he doesn't need players like LBJ,Durant,Kobe or Wade to get it done,right?

How many combined all star appearances did those players have? Now how many combined All NBA appearances did they have?

Now add that to the combined all nba appearances.

Kobe this season is going to have more all stars and all nba players combined than Dwight has had in his entire career.

Marco22
04-19-2012, 04:53 PM
BEWARE! D12's back injury should not be taken lightly.

VinceCarter
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Dude has no heart and is as soft and fragile as they come.

Hater statement of the day.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Duncan

Lets keep the list going bro. You said what Dwight did wasn't all that great but the company you are mentioning are some of the most elite in league history.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:57 PM
How many combined all star appearances did those players have? Now how many combined All NBA appearances did they have?

Now add that to the combined all nba appearances.

Kobe this season is going to have more all stars and all nba players combined than Dwight has had in his entire career.

Jameer,Arenas and Vince did.
Kobe is no longer at his prime now.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Lets keep the list going bro. You said what Dwight did wasn't all that great but the company you are mentioning are some of the most elite in league history.

Yes and I never said league was full of elites.
Dwight isn't elite,end of story.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Hater statement of the day.

Trust me bro he was the same type of person that was saying that they never wanted Melo in NY because he was too soft.

Do you guys remember Carmela?

The Final Boss
04-19-2012, 05:02 PM

So you can just get an injection of leadership anytime you want?:facepalm:

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Jameer,Arenas and Vince did.
Kobe is no longer at his prime now.

Jameer was the only player that made an ASG when he played with Dwight and what happened? He got a major injury and was never the same after.

If you're really going to include Arenas and Carter then I guess the Celtics are the most unsucessful team in history because they had SHAQ, Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo and didn't win the title right? :rolleyes:

How on earth can you include guys who were way past their primes and reall didn't didn't have any key roles in the team's general scheme? :pity:

Raidaz4Life
04-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Maybe if it was Bynum straight up.... but even then I wouldn't want to if Bynum was willing to sign long term with us.

Raph12
04-19-2012, 05:07 PM

Right now try Shaquille O'Neal, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, Robert Horry, etc, etc... Thank you, come again.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes and I never said league was full of elites.
Dwight isn't elite,end of story.

End of what story? All you have done is contradict yourself. You have not been able to supply any tangible evidence as to why Dwight isn't what you claim. All you have done is made rash statements with no evidence to back it

harlequin018
04-19-2012, 05:09 PM
D12 is a beast. He needs to get his head right, as he's still immature, but another year or two and you guys will be making GOAT threads.

Longhornfan1234
04-19-2012, 05:09 PM
No...Howard doesn't have a go to shot. I would rather have Bynum.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 05:12 PM
No...Howard doesn't have a go to shot. I would rather have Bynum.

What's LeBron's "go to" shot again?

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 05:12 PM
End of what story? All you have done is contradict yourself. You have not been able to supply any tangible evidence as to why Dwight isn't what you claim. All you have done is made rash statements with no evidence to back it

No,you just try to read between the lines,when my only statement is Dwight isn't elite.
What don't you understand?

DengelBerry
04-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Im fine with bynum, no thanks.

this

Longhornfan1234
04-19-2012, 05:15 PM
What's LeBron's "go to" shot again?

Mid range jumper.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 05:18 PM
No,you just try to read between the lines,when my only statement is Dwight isn't elite.

I don't understand how to read between your "lines"

Nobody wants to read between your lines.

ichitownclowni
04-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Ill be the first to tell you I did. Not anymore

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't understand how to read between your "lines"

Nobody wants to read between your lines.

:yawn:

The Final Boss
04-19-2012, 05:31 PM
D12 is a beast. He needs to get his head right, as he's still immature, but another year or two and you guys will be making GOAT threads.

Howard is what, 27? By 27 I had already fought in Afghanistan and Iraq and I earned a degree. Stop making excuses for grown men who act like kids.

JNA17
04-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Eh, I'm good with Bynum. That and Dwight's back injury could hold repercussions for the rest of his career. (although I don't really know the seriousness of the injury)

5ass

At this point in their careers Dwight>Kobe. If Dwight isnt elite neither is Kobe.

The Final Boss
Mid range jumper.

Crab step bull rush bail out.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Eh, I'm good with Bynum. That and Dwight's back injury could hold repercussions for the rest of his career. (although I don't really know the seriousness of the injury)

We're comparing injuries of a player who missed 2 games in his entire career to injury prior to this season to a player who is for the first time in his entire career playing in a full season?

Seriously?

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 05:38 PM
At this point in their careers Dwight>Kobe. If Dwight isnt elite neither is Kobe.

Kobe is 33 years old lol
I'm not biased like you,I'm not saying Kobe is god like you say about dwight.
At least Kobe has a legacy.
I'm waiting for dwight,I wish his next 7 years will be better than his first 7.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 05:42 PM
We're comparing injuries of a player who missed 2 games in his entire career to injury prior to this season to a player who is for the first time in his entire career playing in a full season?

Seriously?

No,the 2nd time in his career,be relevant at least.
And why do you try to turn this into a Bynum VS dwight thread?
You're off topic man.

JNA17
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM

Seriously?

Bynum unfortunately suffered 2 freak accidents. Accidents that hurt him in the short term but does not affect him in the long term of his career. You see that now with the way he's playing this year.

Howard is currently suffering from an injury (again I don't know the extent) that has impacted the careers of others negatively. Its unknown if Dwight will return in full form.

5ass
04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Kobe is 33 years old lol
I'm not biased like you,I'm not saying Kobe is god like you say about dwight.
At least Kobe has a legacy.
I'm waiting for dwight,I wish his next 7 years will be better than his first 7.

so lets get this straight. im biased because i think the most dominant center in the league is elite?
and you think kobe is the best SG in the league (which is biased btw), yet ur saying he's not elite?
Not sure why ur talking about legacy when we're talking about the 2 players today. It has nothing to do with it, but laker fans will always find a way to bring it up. Dwight still has plenty of time to solidify his legacy. I guess MJ wasnt elite the 1st 6 years in the league, but he suddenly became GOAT a few years later? :facepalm:

koberulesall
04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
If the Lakers don't win the title this year I would trade Bynum for Howard straight up if the magic are willing

5ass
04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Bynum unfortunately suffered 2 freak accidents. Accidents that hurt him in the short term but does not affect him in the long term of his career. You see that now with the way he's playing this year.

Howard is currently suffering from an injury (again I don't know the extent) that has impacted the careers of others negatively. Its unknown if Dwight will return in full form.

bynum still gets injections in his knee every couple of months.

JNA17
04-19-2012, 05:54 PM

And look how well thats working out. :D

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 05:58 PM
so lets get this straight. im biased because i think the most dominant center in the league is elite?
and you think kobe is the best SG in the league (which is biased btw), yet ur saying he's not elite?
Not sure why ur talking about legacy when we're talking about the 2 players today. It has nothing to do with it, but laker fans will always find a way to bring it up. Dwight still has plenty of time to solidify his legacy. I guess MJ wasnt elite the 1st 6 years in the league, but he suddenly became GOAT a few years later? :facepalm:

OK so let's talk about it again 7 years later and see how Dwight's legacy has worked out,since you need time.

5ass
04-19-2012, 06:00 PM
OK so let's talk about it again 7 years later and see how Dwight's legacy has worked out,since you need time.

how will the next 7 years effect the player that Dwight is today?

5ass
04-19-2012, 06:00 PM
And look how well thats working out. :D

for now...

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 06:15 PM
how will the next 7 years effect the player that Dwight is today?

You know winning titles and all,shaq was dominant and he did.
If dwight is that dominant,he will,can't wait.

5ass
04-19-2012, 06:24 PM
You know winning titles and all,shaq was dominant and he did.
If dwight is that dominant,he will,can't wait.

IMO he will, but titles dont mean as much if u have other star players on ur team. Shaq played with Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash and Amare. Even in orl shaq had more help than dwight. Malone and Stockton were still elite players even though they never won. They're still top 3 PF and top 3 PG. If bron never wins a ring he's still top 3 SF. I know u laker fans put too much stock into rings, but realize that not everybody can have the supporting casts Shaq and Kobe had.

Gibby23
04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't trade for him. I just don't like him. The magic will get brook Lopez and they will move on. They have not been that good with Howard (Yes, they went to the Finals the year KG was hurt and the celtics still took the Magic to 7 games) and they will still be an ok team without him. they are not winning anything any time soon.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
IMO he will, but titles dont mean as much if u have other star players on ur team. Shaq played with Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash and Amare. Even in orl shaq had more help than dwight. Malone and Stockton were still elite players even though they never won. They're still top 3 PF and top 3 PG. If bron never wins a ring he's still top 3 SF. I know u laker fans put too much stock into rings, but realize that not everybody can have the supporting casts Shaq and Kobe had.

You do realize kobe and wade were not the players they are now when shaq won titles with them.
And don't talk about the supporting cast around kobe and shaq cause if you go checking the rosters during their threepeat you'll laugh when you'll see names like samaki walker,ron harper,slava medvedenko and co.

I admit you must have some good players to win it all but don't tell me you need 2 MVP's to get it done.
Once again if dwight is that dominant,he just needs some good players here and there to win it all.

JNA17
04-19-2012, 06:38 PM
for now...

Your supposed to add the muhahahaha! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUyoLPyPfEQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player) I am not pleased. :pity:

RaiderLakersA's
04-19-2012, 06:49 PM
No, we're good with Pau and Bynum, thanks.

RaiderLakersA's
04-19-2012, 06:54 PM

Some of the reports that I've read indicate that this is as much about routine maintenance and upkeep -- preventitive medicine, if you will -- as anything else. So in addition to brushing his teeth every morning to avoid cavities, Bynum also has to get shots in his knees every couple of months to keep them well-oiled and injury-free.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 07:31 PM

Name the Centres who's careers have been affected by these injuries. Now compare those players to Dwight Howard. When I say compare those players I mean compare their injury history prior to their back issues. Also compare the work the put in in ensuring that their body always remains in tip top shape.

If you really think an injury that you know nothing about will put doubt as if Dwight would ever return to his old self just shows your ignorance to this topic. I mean seriously bro literally hundreds of NBA players and thousands of sports men have had issues with back spasms and we've seen any drastic decline in their play as a result.

As for Bynum your excuses are really not the best. He has one season under his belt of this kind of play. His injury concerns aren't just going to go away.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 07:33 PM
No,the 2nd time in his career,be relevant at least.
And why do you try to turn this into a Bynum VS dwight thread?
You're off topic man.

What the hell are you talking about. Damn near every laker fan that came into the thread made the comparison. I was replying to what they said.

strahan92osi72
04-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I can't say no just because he's head and shoulders ahead of every NBA center out there today. However, that does not change how vastly overrated he is by so many. I mean I know the center position is down these days, but people make him out to be Olajuwon in his prime, he's not even close. He is completely usless offensively outside of 10 feet from the basket, he shoots bricks for free throws, I mean is that the kind of guy you'd want if the game was on the line? I sure as heck wouldn't.

Eg714
04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
With I rather the lakers take there chances with Bynum instead of Dwight. That injury could potentially be career changing. Hopefully not.

Raph12
04-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Howard is what, 27? By 27 I had already fought in Afghanistan and Iraq and I earned a degree. Stop making excuses for grown men who act like kids.

And at 26, he has millions of dollars and can buy 20 guys just like you with one visit to the bank... No need to compare yourself to a basketball player, what you do for your country is great, but you don't need to put others down and disrespect what they do at their workplace.

Just like I can't ever critisize you about your job, which I've heard horrible things about (rape/killing of innocent people), you can't critisize anyone else with how they handle things at their job; because the truth of the matter is this, we really don't know.

Underdogz∞
04-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Howard is a good player, but the guy is benefiting from a time in the league where the talent at Center is not at a high level. Can he make a team better yes.
But is he a #1 option not YET imo.

I'd rather have Roy Hibbert at least his on court value exceeds the cost to have him on the team. Dwight Howard you'd have to give up #1 player resources for #2 on court value.

I like return on investment when signing players. The goal is to get equal too or more than what you put out to have a player on your team.

Unfortunately for Dwight his on court value isn't that of a Kobe Lebron Durant but I be damned if it doesn't take just as much resources to sign him as it does to sign those players. But if you have a legit #1 player and can get Howard you'd have a Championship contender team.

Swashcuff
04-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Howard is a good player, but the guy is benefiting from a time in the league where the talent at Center is not at a high level. Can he make a team better yes.
But is he a #1 option not YET imo.

2008-2009 Orlando Magic.

Lost in the NBA Finals to the Los Angeles Lakers

Top 5 scorers regular season

Player PTS PPG
Dwight Howard 1624 20.6
Rashard Lewis 1401 17.7
Hedo Turkoglu 1294 16.8
Jameer Nelson 702 16.7
Courtney Lee 646 8.4

Post season

Plaeyer PPG
Dwight Howard 20.3
Rashard Lewis 19
Hedo Turkoglu 15.8
Rafer Alston 12.2
Mickael Pietrus 10.5

So now tell me without his all star PG at %100 Dwight was able to make his way through the east all the way to the NBA finals. He lead his team in scoring while not even being a focal point of his team's offense. How many times have we heard in those days that Dwight wasn't getting the ball enough inside? If he actually did he could have easily averaged upwards of 22 ppg.

So that logic is surely failed.

I'd rather have Roy Hibbert at least his on court value exceeds the cost to have him on the team. Dwight Howard you'd have to give up #1 player resources for #2 on court value.

What? In order to get ANY all star calibre C you're going to have to overpay. What are you talking about? Hibbert is 7'2 and still plays as if he is 6'6. They guy has so much potential on both ends of the floor and still hasn't shown that level of play at this point in his career.

I like return on investment when signing players. The goal is to get equal too or more than what you put out to have a player on your team.

:confused: :confused:

So when you get a player like Dwight on your team you're not getting equal value? :confused::confused::confused:

Dude you're going to get exceeding value. Dwight makes any team with the right support (so not the Bobcats but certainly the Wolves) an instant legitimate contender. Not to mention the insane revenue he's going to bring to your franchise and your city. He'd also make your city a place that Free Agents may actually think of going to (doesn't mean they will but it at least gives you a chance).

Unfortunately for Dwight his on court value isn't that of a Kobe Lebron Durant but I be damned if it doesn't take just as much resources to sign him as it does to sign those players. But if you have a legit #1 player and can get Howard you'd have a Championship contender team.

This is such a failed logic. Dwight on court value? The man single handily turns around any team's D. He is the ultimate impact player. His on court value is just as good as any of those players and is probably only rivaled by LeBron. If it weren't for him having arguably the worst season of his career (not statistically but with everything in terms of the trade rumors/ the Van Gundy rumors/ team mates rumors and now his season ending injury) and he played just as he did last season he'd be in the running for the #2 player in the league all season long as he was last season and none of this would even be talked about.

Its really astonishing how soon people tend to forget. You guys need to stop living in the moment.

oak2455
04-20-2012, 10:12 AM
You guys are mistaking if you don't think this is a serious issue... Backs are very tricky that's you're core.... Hope the big man comes back healthy and matures some....

LongWayFromHome
04-20-2012, 10:51 AM
And at 26, he has millions of dollars and can buy 20 guys just like you with one visit to the bank... No need to compare yourself to a basketball player, what you do for your country is great, but you don't need to put others down and disrespect what they do at their workplace.

Just like I can't ever critisize you about your job, which I've heard horrible things about (rape/killing of innocent people), you can't critisize anyone else with how they handle things at their job; because the truth of the matter is this, we really don't know.

And at 39 (or whatever is 3 or 4 years after he retires) he will have blown it all and dude from the military will be worth more than Howard. And at this rate no TV station will want him and nobody will want him to promote their products either.

Davidgta1
04-20-2012, 11:06 AM
No I'm happy with bynum.

thephoenixson28
04-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Howard puts up 26 and 14 every game with no heart. **** I would take him with no arms if he put up numbers like that. I would trade for him in a heart beat.

todu82
04-20-2012, 11:45 AM
No I don't. The guy's to much of a pri madonna for me.

thephoenixson28
04-20-2012, 11:51 AM
No I don't. The guy's to much of a pri madonna for me.

Abou 70 to 80% of the nba are pri madonnas

Rockice_8
04-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Let's be real here for a sec. As much as Magic fans want to say they have a good team they really don't. Without Dwight they are one of the 5 worst teams in the league probably. They have decent role players but without Dwight those role players become inconsistent.

Dwight has never had a side kick like Duncan has Parker or Shaq and Kobe or Jordan had Pippen. Dwight has done about all I expected him to do with the talent around him, it's not his fault they never won a ring it's the lack of sidekick over the years.

Still puzzled as to why he signed back onto that for another year. What an idiot.

MattS
04-20-2012, 05:07 PM
carry a team on his back yes.... physical hell yes... dominant.... not even close.... got to stop you there. He is a very very very good player, but would stop shot of saying he is dominant...

MattS
04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
come on dude... dwight at this point is still not better then kobe.... kobe can consistently take over a game, dwight dont have that quality..... if you are building a team and all things equal ( age, knowing what you know now about them as players etc ), you take kobe over dwight EVERY time.

Raph12
04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
come on dude... dwight at this point is still not better then kobe.... kobe can consistently take over a game, dwight dont have that quality..... if you are building a team and all things equal ( age, knowing what you know now about them as players etc ), you take kobe over dwight EVERY time.

Kobe can't take over anymore, he probably takes over 1 of every 10 games, he's just an inconsistent chucker nowadays. He can still be a great player when he's not forcing things, but this isn't 2001-2009 and Kobe isn't that dominant player anymore... We're not comparing careers here, though I'd argue that it's easier to build around Dwight than it is Kobe; currently, Dwight is better than Kobe.

carry a team on his back yes.... physical hell yes... dominant.... not even close.... got to stop you there. He is a very very very good player, but would stop shot of saying he is dominant...

He's more dominant than most guys in the league, his dominance defensively and on the glass go a long way, but the attention he draws on offense and his ability to get 25+pts every night is what makes him the dominant force he is today.

And at 39 (or whatever is 3 or 4 years after he retires) he will have blown it all and dude from the military will be worth more than Howard. And at this rate no TV station will want him and nobody will want him to promote their products either.

He's one of the highest earners in the league with all of his endorsements and salary money, plus he's not Allen Iverson and doesn't have some gambling problem... If Kobe can get endorsements after the bs he went through, I doubt wanting your coach fired and asking for a trade (like 100s have done before) would kill his endorsements.

effen5
04-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Depends on who the bulls give up, I don't think he's worth a lot due to locker room and maturity issues and he probably wouldn't get along with thibs.

C-Style
04-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Doubt some fans would be willing 2 gut their teams

ElChinoLatino
04-20-2012, 07:56 PM
In a heartbeat, the most dominant center in the NBA. Hell yea lol. Whoever says no is obviously on that dope.

effen5
04-20-2012, 08:23 PM
In a heartbeat, the most dominant center in the NBA. Hell yea lol. Whoever says no is obviously on that dope.

Thats not saying much since there like 3-4 legit centers in the league and right now Bynum has a much better offense game then Dwight does.

naps
04-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes, I will still send Bosh anyday of the week for Dwight.

Someone please quote the ones that are saying NO. Most of them would have orgasm if they landed Dwight.

Raph12
04-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Thats not saying much since there like 3-4 legit centers in the league and right now Bynum has a much better offense game then Dwight does.

It is saying much since he's head-and-shoulders better than his competition, unlike your franchise superstar Derrick Rose. Kenny Smith said it best, interrupting Ernie Johnson "with Rose out tonight 'it doesn't matter' (says Kenny) the Bulls up..."

Bynum's offensive game is overrated; it's like the Melo-Lebron comparison, a lot of moves and a nice touch, but not nearly as efficient/productive as Lebron. Bynum averaged just 23ppg with a 32% usage rate in Kobe's absence, he shot under 47% from the floor during that 7-game span... Try again.

gwrighter
04-21-2012, 12:39 AM
please yes omg i would cry.

Underdogz∞
04-21-2012, 01:50 AM
2008-2009 Orlando Magic.

Lost in the NBA Finals to the Los Angeles Lakers

Top 5 scorers regular season

Player PTS PPG
Dwight Howard 1624 20.6
Rashard Lewis 1401 17.7
Hedo Turkoglu 1294 16.8
Jameer Nelson 702 16.7
Courtney Lee 646 8.4

Post season

Plaeyer PPG
Dwight Howard 20.3
Rashard Lewis 19
Hedo Turkoglu 15.8
Rafer Alston 12.2
Mickael Pietrus 10.5

So now tell me without his all star PG at %100 Dwight was able to make his way through the east all the way to the NBA finals. He lead his team in scoring while not even being a focal point of his team's offense. How many times have we heard in those days that Dwight wasn't getting the ball enough inside? If he actually did he could have easily averaged upwards of 22 ppg.

So that logic is surely failed.

What? In order to get ANY all star calibre C you're going to have to overpay. What are you talking about? Hibbert is 7'2 and still plays as if he is 6'6. They guy has so much potential on both ends of the floor and still hasn't shown that level of play at this point in his career.

:confused: :confused:

So when you get a player like Dwight on your team you're not getting equal value? :confused::confused::confused:

Dude you're going to get exceeding value. Dwight makes any team with the right support (so not the Bobcats but certainly the Wolves) an instant legitimate contender. Not to mention the insane revenue he's going to bring to your franchise and your city. He'd also make your city a place that Free Agents may actually think of going to (doesn't mean they will but it at least gives you a chance).

This is such a failed logic. Dwight on court value? The man single handily turns around any team's D. He is the ultimate impact player. His on court value is just as good as any of those players and is probably only rivaled by LeBron. If it weren't for him having arguably the worst season of his career (not statistically but with everything in terms of the trade rumors/ the Van Gundy rumors/ team mates rumors and now his season ending injury) and he played just as he did last season he'd be in the running for the #2 player in the league all season long as he was last season and none of this would even be talked about.

Its really astonishing how soon people tend to forget. You guys need to stop living in the moment.

You make some valid points. I guess I just expect more out of Howard than you do. He has the athleticism and size to dominate the entire league. Bynum, HIbbert, etc should get 40 dropped on their heads when they play him everytime not just one game here and there.

I never thought Howard was the player he can be and that was before this season Swashcuff. I guess when you've seen Ewing, The Dream, The Admiral, Shaq, etc. play C............ you just expect more out of a "premiere" big man.

But one thing about Howard I agree with is he is still the best of what we have right now so I guess that makes it ok. Not for me though. Any one of the Centers I mentioned would absolutely dominate these Centers in the League right now and command the ball being fed to them by the production when they get it.

Underdogz∞
04-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Doubt some fans would be willing 2 gut their teams

Exactly ^^^^^^^ and that shows that Dwight needs to improve! Yet thats what it takes to get him pretty much giving up the entire team and/or big money.

Underdogz∞
04-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Yes, I will still send Bosh anyday of the week for Dwight.
Someone please quote the ones that are saying NO. Most of them would have orgasm if they landed Dwight.

Well of course most team fans would take Howard if they could get him for a one player trade like Bosh level. But the problem is no way the Magic would take Bosh for Howard and thats the problem he is gonna have he is too good for that, but not quite at the level of what it takes to sign him a Lebron, a Durant a lot of money etc.

QueensG
04-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Lmao @ the magic fans defending a player who doesn't even want to be there and been acting like a confused girlfriend the whole season...shaq was dominant Dwight is not...then he wants to take his nickname too?!?! cmon..man..im good without the headaches of having Dwight Howard on my team

Underdogz∞
04-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Lmao @ the magic fans defending a player who doesn't even want to be there and been acting like a confused girlfriend the whole season...shaq was dominant Dwight is not...then he wants to take his nickname too?!?! cmon..man..im good without the headaches of having Dwight Howard on my team

And then he had/has Ewing right there at his disposal everyday and I bet he doesn't listen to his advice. Granted two different game styles but he could learn a lot from Ewing still.

QueensG
04-21-2012, 02:13 AM

It is saying much since he's head-and-shoulders better than his competition, unlike your franchise superstar Derrick Rose. Kenny Smith said it best, interrupting Ernie Johnson "with Rose out tonight 'it doesn't matter' (says Kenny) the Bulls up..."

Bynum's offensive game is overrated; it's like the Melo-Lebron comparison, a lot of moves and a nice touch, but not nearly as efficient/productive as Lebron. Bynum averaged just 23ppg with a 32% usage rate in Kobe's absence, he shot under 47% from the floor during that 7-game span... Try again.

Lebron doesn't have the clutch gene and he can't gaurd melo..facts are facts melo and Kobe and durant are the best clutch players in league..melo is the ****ing truth..heat don't want it..lets go to war

QueensG
04-21-2012, 02:22 AM
And then he had/has Ewing right there at his disposal everyday and I bet he doesn't listen to his advice. Granted two different game styles but he could learn a lot from Ewing still.[/QUOTE]

exactly...Ewing was a beast and granted, last year Dwight got considerably better on offense but he should be scoring 30 a game by now..he's had Ewing there basically his whole career..he should spend the same amount of time he spends working out his shoulders and spend it learning more post moves on the court...a center that freakishly athletic should be demanding the ball on the post instead of all these role players on the magic chucking up threes

Underdogz∞
04-21-2012, 02:32 AM
And then he had/has Ewing right there at his disposal everyday and I bet he doesn't listen to his advice. Granted two different game styles but he could learn a lot from Ewing still.

exactly...Ewing was a beast and granted, last year Dwight got considerably better on offense but he should be scoring 30 a game by now..he's had Ewing there basically his whole career..he should spend the same amount of time he spends working out his shoulders and spend it learning more post moves on the court...a center that freakishly athletic should be demanding the ball on the post instead of all these role players on the magic chucking up threes[/QUOTE]

:laugh2:

Underdogz∞
04-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Lebron doesn't have the clutch gene and he can't gaurd melo..facts are facts melo and Kobe and durant are the best clutch players in league..melo is the ****ing truth..heat don't want it..lets go to war

Whoa slow down there Tiger no one can guard Melo granted, but the Knicks don't want to see the Heat and you know it. Luckily for yall Melo came out of that slump or you guys would definitely be hurting. King James will give anybody the business.

Once he gets the opportunity to play with a scoring low post big man, you'll see Lebron at his full potential Passing, Rebounding, Defending, Scoring.

I predict he drops a quad double this playoffs to the tune of
15-18 points, 10-12 rebounds, 10-12 assists, and get this 10 steals. :D

JLynn943
04-21-2012, 02:40 AM
So that he can leave after the season? No thanks.

Raph12
04-21-2012, 04:37 AM

He is here and he gave us 100% while he was with us; we were all fed up with his flip-flopping all year long, but it doesn't change what he has done for our team on the court this season and our franchise as a whole... Truth is, we'd be a lottery team without him and we know it, and he's given us 7-8 years of loyalty and 100% effort so a lot of us do support him.

They play completely different styles of offense, Ewing is useless to Dwight, Hakeem did more in a week than Ewing did in years.

Give me Lebron over Melo on offense seven days a week and twice on Sunday. Melo is versatile in how he scores, but Lebron is just straight up dominant, he doesn't need to be able to guard Melo, hell Melo can't guard anyone league-wide so I don't even know why we're talking about defense.

exactly...Ewing was a beast and granted, last year Dwight got considerably better on offense but he should be scoring 30 a game by now..he's had Ewing there basically his whole career..he should spend the same amount of time he spends working out his shoulders and spend it learning more post moves on the court...a center that freakishly athletic should be demanding the ball on the post instead of all these role players on the magic chucking up threes

Dwight doesn't get enough touches to score 30ppg, he barely gets touches at all if you compare him to any elite center througout history. That's why Dwight has had so much beef with Stan over the years, he feels the offense should go to him MUCH more in the post, while Stan believes in a more "balanced" attack.

As for the Ewing thing, see my response above, they were completely different scorers, Ewing can't teach anything to Dwight. Hell look at Yao, he had Ewing coaching him as well, but to no avail, when Hakeem took over, Yao turned into a completely different player.

SkipBaylessFan
04-21-2012, 06:48 AM

Before this injury, had missed less than 10 games total in his career. Real fragile! :clap:

DLeeicious
04-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Didn't want him from day 1 when the Dwight to the Bulls possibilities began (whether they were realistic or not at any point there was still discussion). I acknowledge he does make us better but I don't want and have never wanted anything to do with him. Even before all the crap this year I've just never liked him, not my type of player.

I admit I'm weird though. I didn't want Lebron or Wade either during last offseason. I do get attached to my teams and have always been willing to sacrifice talent for a chance to win with the guys I've grown to love watching and that's especially true with the current Bulls core because A) they have a legit chance to win and B) they are all likeable hard working guys.

Just the type of fan I am, I get bashed on forums and from friends on topics like this but IDGAF, I like my team and think we can win as assembled.

effen5
04-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Noah's tornado free throw > all