PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Orlando regrets not trading Dwight for Bynum now?

JordansBulls
04-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Do you think Orlando regrets not trading Dwight for Bynum now?

LAKERMANIA
04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I think so, because even though Drew is a headache Dwight is showing that he is an even bigger headache to deal with.. And Drew is playing phenomenal right now..

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 01:30 PM
oh yea

kdspurman
04-19-2012, 01:32 PM
No question. Trading him will be even tougher now

Heediot
No, becuse Dwight is still on the roster. Once he leaves well that's another story.

LongIslandIcedZ
I think LA got lucky because I think Bynum will prove to be the better player long term

Heediot
04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
No question. Trading him will be even tougher now

How so?

*Superman*
04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Nope. They want Dwight here, if they were to flip on their decision to trade him, he would have been gone before the deadline. But if his drama continues and he demands things be done, I can see him being moved.

And just to clear things up. I'm sure that Bynum is a bigger douche than Dwight is. All his little antics on and off the court, selfishness, etc. The media is the one that makes Dwight seem like the anti-Christ. All these "reports" saying that he doesn't want to play in the playoffs, etc, its all bullcrap. Sure he flip-flopped on what he wanted to do, but he didn't go to the media and tell them to publish that. Why would he stay another season if he didn't want to compete with this team? And the whole situation about wanting Stan fired, he did agree that he made that request before, but not during this season. If anything it was brought up in the off-season after we were eliminated by the Hawks in the first round. And I can see why he might have felt that way, it was a frustrating loss and he felt the team was taking a step back. If we aren't going to make any moves, the coach is the next viable option. And at least he is learning. When asked by a interviewer what he would have done better, he said keep his mouth shut.

lvlheaded
04-19-2012, 01:45 PM
If I were Orlando, I would have gotten Dwight to sign the ETO then flipped him to LA for every thing I could have. This guy is a serious drama queen and a *****. He doesn't have the mentality it takes to play in a big market. He will crumble

THE MTL
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
I think if Orlando wanted to, they can still trade Dwight Howard for Andrew Bynum. I think everyone (Lakers, Magic, Bynum) will be happy except for Howard (who doesnt want to go to Lakers).

D12 fan
04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Why would they regret not trading Dwight,last time I checked he is still the best center in basketball.

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 01:55 PM
They should regret it. Bynum fits in better in Orlando because of his three point shooting.

Cal827
04-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Yup, cause you know teams are gonna try and low-ball him now cause of his attitude. I see teams waiting out till next offseason and trying to sign him outright. Hopefully ORL gets more than what Toronto/Cleveland got in their respective S/Ts

joseph aka Jman
04-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Dwight is a *****

Badluck33
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I dont think LAL regrets anything tho....

ThunderousDemon
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm glad the Lakers kept Bynum, the guy is playing some great basketball right now.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
And just to clear things up. I'm sure that Bynum is a bigger douche than Dwight is. All his little antics on and off the court, selfishness, etc. The media is the one that makes Dwight seem like the anti-Christ.

And the media hasn't played any role in how Bynum is viewed now? Just a general question for everyone. What has Bynum really done that is so bad in terms of affecting the Lakers on the court? Outside of two fragrant fouls he has had over 7 years, he has not done much. He has picked up some technical fouls here and there for arguing calls, but nothing egregiously bad. Also if you have actually seen the vast majority of his interviews off the court, you would see that he is a pretty soft spoken and honest dude. The whole situation with the 3 pointer was comical if anything else - the media just blew it out of proportion. If anything Bynum just needs to grow up a bit. A douche is someone like DeMarcus Cousins...

BigBongTheory
04-19-2012, 02:21 PM
^Yes, Bynum just has to grow up a little man. At times he just slows down and gets relaxed when he should continue to go at it. The maturity factor should change with age though I presume.

kdspurman
04-19-2012, 02:30 PM
How so?

I don't know about you, but as a management from another team with all the stuff this guy has pulled the last few months, I know I wouldn't give up a ton for him like maybe I would've last summer.

That's just my opinion. I'm sure there are those that could careless and would take him in a second.

pacofunk64
04-19-2012, 02:55 PM
I might be a little delusional but are the Lakers better without Kobe? I'm thinking they should move Kobe this offseason in return for some young players and/or draft choices to surround Bynum, Gasol, & Sessions.

clehmun
04-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I might be a little delusional but are the Lakers better without Kobe? I'm thinking they should move Kobe this offseason in return for some young players and/or draft choices to surround Bynum, Gasol, & Sessions.

They're not.
The Bulls were winning without Rose too. But both teams need their superstar to even have a chance at the 2nd round of the playoffs.

D12 fan
04-19-2012, 03:09 PM

That would be a smart move by the Lakers,because Kobe could get you a lot of young talent to surround Bynum.But it would never happen because Kobe is LA,he brings the team a lot of money,and the fans would throw a riot if they ever traded Kobe.

chitownbears89
04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
If Bynum would accept going into that situation than yes. But who's to say that Bynum doesn't start to complain the same way Howard is now.

Raph12
04-19-2012, 03:21 PM
If Dwight resigns, then they made the right decision; if he leaves, then they made the wrong decision.

Heediot
04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't know about you, but as a management from another team with all the stuff this guy has pulled the last few months, I know I wouldn't give up a ton for him like maybe I would've last summer.

That's just my opinion. I'm sure there are those that could careless and would take him in a second.

I see, I think his Value is contingent upon his willingness to sign an extension more than anything else. If he's willing to sign a extension for a trade Orlando still has leverage. But I can see where your coming from if he doesn't agree to that extension, Orlando may not get as much value as this season.

juggla53
04-19-2012, 03:36 PM
of course they made a mistake, atleast bynum isnt bipolar. dwight didnt want to go to 90% of the teams in the NBA and the only one he wanted to go to has a pissed of d-williams who now will probabley end up in dallas.
bynum is dominating right now and doesnt present nearly the headaches dwight does (alot of that could have to do with being in a veteren locker room with kobe and gasol) but still dwight is making lebron james look like a saint with all the **** hes been pulling in orlando, dwight is starting to get looked at as a quite tool.

The closest thing to equal value orlando could have ever gotten would have been bynum which im pretty sure is out the window now

Avenged
04-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Probably.

It also depends on commitment. Would they rather face the headache of Bynum or Dwight if it meant long term? Answer is obviously Dwight.

king4day
04-19-2012, 03:40 PM
If Van Gundy isn't fired before the season ends, I sense Howard will be dealt by the draft.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Dwight is a drama queen,he let his teammates down right before THE PLAYOFFS,asking for the head of his coach,and will be gone in less than a year.
Yeah great move by the Magic!

5ass
04-19-2012, 03:49 PM
if dwight stayed in LA, then it is absolutely worth it. Replace bynum with dwight on the lakers and they win a championship instead of being projected to be bounced in the 2nd round (maybe they reach the CF, but even if they do they dont really have a shot at the title).
edit: my bad didnt read the title right, as a magic fan i honestly still dont want bynum.

5ass
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Dwight is a drama queen,he let his teammates down right before THE PLAYOFFS,asking for the head of his coach,and will be gone in less than a year.
Yeah great move by the Magic!

ya right. Dwight had asked for SVG to be fired long before the play offs. some1 in management just recently let SVG know, so the ***** move is from the organization not dwight. The magic organization needs a change. they need to fire every one in the FO, and its not to appease dwight its to appease the fans. Remember when that idiot Van der weide (ex-Magic CEO) drunk dialed dwight at 3 AM??!?! Enough said.

The Final Boss
04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I think if Orlando wanted to, they can still trade Dwight Howard for Andrew Bynum. I think everyone (Lakers, Magic, Bynum) will be happy except for Howard (who doesnt want to go to Lakers).

EVERYONE wants to play for the Lakers.

LAKERMANIA
04-19-2012, 04:05 PM
If Bynum would accept going into that situation than yes. But who's to say that Bynum doesn't start to complain the same way Howard is now.

Because Bynum wouldn't mind being the first option on a team like the Magic with no one around to take shots away from him.. Bynum's already won titles, now all he wants is to be the best player he could be and going to the Magic as the sole first option would be perfect for his career.

Evolution23
04-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm starting to hop on the Bynum bandwagon. I think he surpassed or is very close to surpassing DH as the best center in the league. AB is already better offensively and his defense is very good, and he doesn't cause locker room problems as much as DH. I would take AB is he continues to stay healthy.

MagicBucsSox
04-19-2012, 04:07 PM
I can wait til the lakers are eliminated I'm so sick of this Bynum crap. The scariest thing in the nba is none of us have seen deight at his best until he gets some help. All this dwight hate and Bynum avg nothing better than him but ft%.

You ppl need to end this nonsense.

The Final Boss
04-19-2012, 04:09 PM
I can wait til the lakers are eliminated I'm so sick of this Bynum crap. The scariest thing in the nba is none of us have seen deight at his best until he gets some help. All this dwight hate and Bynum avg nothing better than him but ft%.

Then don't watch.

MagicBucsSox
04-19-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm starting to hop on the Bynum bandwagon. I think he surpassed or is very close to surpassing DH as the best center in the league. AB is already better offensively and his defense is very good, and he doesn't cause locker room problems as much as DH. I would take AB is he continues to stay healthy.

Lm and this is the sports fan of today in a nut shell. Lol. All the "better offensively" stuff and he avg nothing more than Dwight in a bad season. Let's not even mention head to head.

4 months of bynums best vs 8yrs of Dwight. Like this entire argument is egregious and exposes groupie sports center fans

5ass
04-19-2012, 04:12 PM

soon, one way or another dwight will have a great supporting cast, and they will all eat their words.

gbrl
04-19-2012, 04:14 PM
EVERYONE wants to play for the Lakers.

apparently not howard

5ass
04-19-2012, 04:17 PM

-dwight a better post player (more efficient in the post), bynum isnt even the most efficient post player on his team

-dwight is a much better defender than bynum. Bynum isnt even a very good defender, he's good, but very inconsistent. LMAO ur talking about a guy who couldnt stop 5'0 jj barrea from scoring in the paint LOL. Dwight is an ELITE defender, 3X defensive player of the year and should be getting his 4th really soon. He is one of the best defensive centers EVER.

-Dwight is also a better rebounder.

Dwight>Bynum, not even close. Any real basketball fan can see that.

kdspurman
04-19-2012, 04:18 PM
I see, I think his Value is contingent upon his willingness to sign an extension more than anything else. If he's willing to sign a extension for a trade Orlando still has leverage. But I can see where your coming from if he doesn't agree to that extension, Orlando may not get as much value as this season.

Agreed. And there's not a soul out there who can make the assumption for what Dwight will do! lol

oak2455
04-19-2012, 04:21 PM
soon, one way or another dwight will have a great supporting cast, and they will all eat their words.

Is he going overseas?;)

The Final Boss
04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
apparently not howard

everyone!!

5ass
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Is he going overseas?;)

i dont think so. are you?

LAKERMANIA
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM

He will get as much help as he needs as soon as he realizes the only way he wins multiple titles is if he becomes Shaq 2.0 to Kobe.. :D

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 04:37 PM
-dwight a better post player (more efficient in the post), bynum isnt even the most efficient post player on his team

-dwight is a much better defender than bynum. Bynum isnt even a very good defender, he's good, but very inconsistent. LMAO ur talking about a guy who couldnt stop 5'0 jj barrea from scoring in the paint LOL. Dwight is an ELITE defender, 3X defensive player of the year and should be getting his 4th really soon. He is one of the best defensive centers EVER.

You'll have to jump on the brooke lopez bandwagon soon,when dwight will be traded to NJ,enjoy his 6rbs/game :eyebrow:

oak2455
04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
i dont think so. are you?

Maybe but seriously who's gonna help mini Shaq ??

5ass
04-19-2012, 04:41 PM
You'll have to jump on the brooke lopez bandwagon soon,when dwight will be traded to NJ,enjoy his 6rbs/game :eyebrow:

thats all u could come up with? cool, enjoy ur primitive mind. :laugh:

5ass
04-19-2012, 04:43 PM

mini Kobe, monta ellis?
I really dont know, but pair Dwight with a great perimeter player or PG, and it will tremendously help his game.

Longhornfan1234
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Howard doesn't have one move to rely on. Bynum is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better offsensive player.

Bruno
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Not sure. But I do know that the idea of Bynum AND Gasol for Howard is laughable. I want some of what Smith was smoking when he thought he could get that package in return.

Raph12
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM

23pts-18rbs-0blks on 10-27FG, 18pts-11rbs-1blk on 7-17FG, 16pts-30rbs-2blks on 7-20FG, 30pts-8rbs-3blks on 11-19FG, 23pts-16rbs-0blks on 9-24, 21pts-7rbs-0blks on 8-16FG and 31pts-9rbs-1blk on 12-14FG...

That's an average of 23.1ppg-14.1rpg-1.0bpg on 46.7% from the field without Kobe; give me a consistent 21-14.5-2 on 57+FG% any day of the week (and that's with significantly less touches). Kobe's the reason why Bynum can be so dominant, he takes SO much pressure off Bynum and creates a lot of easy looks for him.

Dwight >>>>> Bynum; maybe if this back injury was serious, you'd actually have a case moving forward.

Bynum isn't consistent, one day he brings it in the scoring column, the next day he has a big rebounding day, the next day he is a big defensive presence; you just don't know what to expect from him. Dwight's much more consistent in all of those fields and he's significantly better in the pnr and at defending the pnr. We've all see Bynum just sag in the paint, giving the opponent's the oppurtunity to just shoot the jumper, Dwight goes out there and contests everything, yet guards the paint better as well and recovers to lead the league in defensive rebounding.

Offensively, Dwight averaged 23ppg last season, the reason why his scoring #s took a hit this year is because he's shooting a career-low 49% at the charity stripe, I expect him to bounce back next season. Dwight will give you 21+ppg on over 55% each and every season, with more touches, that could easily be 25+ppg. He's also used to double/triple teams, so he knows how to score and pass against them.

With Kobe on your team, you wouldn't need to feed Dwight the ball in the closing 2mins. If you are just comparing players, then Dwight is the better scorer, rebounder, defensive player and passer, so the last 2mins wouldn't make or break the bank IMO.

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 05:06 PM
thats all u could come up with? cool, enjoy ur primitive mind. :laugh:

Talking about primitive when your post said "GTFO" as an argument :rolleyes:

Iron24th
04-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Not sure. But I do know that the idea of Bynum AND Gasol for Howard is laughable. I want some of what Smith was smoking when he thought he could get that package in return.

Probably same thing dwight fans smoke saying Dwight is the GOAT :laugh:

Marco22
04-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Dwight (The Overrated Brother) Howard Aka Superman, Aka Clark Kent is going down hill due to having a bad BACK! A bad BACK saps your athletic skills ask (Tracy Mcgrady). Bynum will emerge the best center!

dsonLAL24
04-19-2012, 05:41 PM

who's the girl?

5ass
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
23pts-18rbs-0blks on 10-27FG, 18pts-11rbs-1blk on 7-17FG, 16pts-30rbs-2blks on 7-20FG, 30pts-8rbs-3blks on 11-19FG, 23pts-16rbs-0blks on 9-24, 21pts-7rbs-0blks on 8-16FG and 31pts-9rbs-1blk on 12-14FG...

That's an average of 23.1ppg-14.1rpg-1.0bpg on 46.7% from the field without Kobe; give me a consistent 21-14.5-2 on 57+FG% any day of the week (and that's with significantly less touches). Kobe's the reason why Bynum can be so dominant, he takes SO much pressure off Bynum and creates a lot of easy looks for him.

Dwight >>>>> Bynum; maybe if this back injury was serious, you'd actually have a case moving forward.

Bynum isn't consistent, one day he brings it in the scoring column, the next day he has a big rebounding day, the next day he is a big defensive presence; you just don't know what to expect from him. Dwight's much more consistent in all of those fields and he's significantly better in the pnr and at defending the pnr. We've all see Bynum just sag in the paint, giving the opponent's the oppurtunity to just shoot the jumper, Dwight goes out there and contests everything, yet guards the paint better as well and recovers to lead the league in defensive rebounding.

Offensively, Dwight averaged 23ppg last season, the reason why his scoring #s took a hit this year is because he's shooting a career-low 49% at the charity stripe, I expect him to bounce back next season. Dwight will give you 21+ppg on over 55% each and every season, with more touches, that could easily be 25+ppg. He's also used to double/triple teams, so he knows how to score and pass against them.

With Kobe on your team, you wouldn't need to feed Dwight the ball in the closing 2mins. If you are just comparing players, then Dwight is the better scorer, rebounder, defensive player and passer, so the last 2mins wouldn't make or break the bank IMO.

this is my major issue with bynum. When he dominates a game at both ends of the court alone i'll consider him to be an elite player. Great post Raph, as always i share many of ur opinions.

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 06:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdrrPQWqbdQ

Even on the hit, Barea scored lol

JordansBulls
04-20-2012, 04:59 PM

For a 26 year old who is arguable the best player in the league???

LAKERMANIA
04-20-2012, 05:02 PM
For a 26 year old who is arguable the best player in the league???

You would do that as a hypothetical Lakers GM? :eyebrow:

5ass
04-20-2012, 05:19 PM
You would do that as a hypothetical Lakers GM? :eyebrow:

not to say that i would or wouldnt, but i dont think its too farfetched. Say davis/anderson+Qrich+howard for gasol+bynum+ Dallas 1st round pick..

Sessions
Kobe
Qrich-Barnes
Anderson
Howard

I think that team is better than the current lakers team.

LAKERMANIA
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
not to say that i would or wouldnt, but i dont think its too farfetched. Say davis/anderson+Qrich+howard for gasol+bynum+ Dallas 1st round pick..

Sessions
Kobe
Qrich-Barnes
Anderson
Howard

I think that team is better than the current lakers team.

I'm okay with it if Anderson is involved, but to my understanding I always thought the Magic wanted to keep him...If he is not involved I'd much rather have Orlando take Bynum and fillers... No way he is worth Bynum and Gasol anymore

Sssmush
04-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Yes, of course.

Lakers have now dodged TWO bullets this season; first of all, we dodged Odom's complete implosion that would've ruined Mike Brown's first season coaching here, because Odom (bizarrely) requested to be traded and let us totally off the hook, allowing us to quickly dump him for a 1st round pick, which was for sure the absolute high water mark of his trade value.

THEN, Orlando declined to send Dwight Howard for Bynum, even with the Lakers offering to send some other picks and pieces and take back some bad contracts on useless players in return.

Now Bynum is CLEARLY the best center in the league, as of April 2012, and it's not even close, and Howard has morphed into a Starbury-Oden of some sort, who will almost surely sit out till February 2013, raking Orlando over the coals the whole way, and then spring back into action at full strength 3 weeks before the trade deadline, when the level of drama is highest. By that point though I think the Magic will just be completely ****ed out and cross-eyed.

Bynum was pressing Dwight and has now leapfrogged him completely for #1 center in the league.

So yeah, we dodged TWO bullets this season, which is incredible. The Dwight Howard one is probably the worst. If we'd sent Bynum and everything else they wanted and taken back Turkoglu, and then Dwight had broken down, wow. And then Bynum takes over in Orlando and leads the league, has an MVP season. Ugh. So bad.

Raph12
04-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes, of course.

Lakers have now dodged TWO bullets this season; first of all, we dodged Odom's complete implosion that would've ruined Mike Brown's first season coaching here, because Odom (bizarrely) requested to be traded and let us totally off the hook, allowing us to quickly dump him for a 1st round pick, which was for sure the absolute high water mark of his trade value.

THEN, Orlando declined to send Dwight Howard for Bynum, even with the Lakers offering to send some other picks and pieces and take back some bad contracts on useless players in return.

Now Bynum is CLEARLY the best center in the league, as of April 2012, and it's not even close, and Howard has morphed into a Starbury-Oden of some sort, who will almost surely sit out till February 2013, raking Orlando over the coals the whole way, and then spring back into action at full strength 3 weeks before the trade deadline, when the level of drama is highest. By that point though I think the Magic will just be completely ****ed out and cross-eyed.

Bynum was pressing Dwight and has now leapfrogged him completely for #1 center in the league.

So yeah, we dodged TWO bullets this season, which is incredible. The Dwight Howard one is probably the worst. If we'd sent Bynum and everything else they wanted and taken back Turkoglu, and then Dwight had broken down, wow. And then Bynum takes over in Orlando and leads the league, has an MVP season. Ugh. So bad.

What's shrooms taste like?

shep33
04-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I hope D12 get's better, best center in the league. That being said, the Lakers dodged one here. Imagine if they traded for Howard and he didn't re-up? They would've traded Bynum for a 15 game Howard rental.

5ass
04-20-2012, 07:58 PM
What's shrooms taste like?

Feet

Mcdoh
04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
yes.. but i think magic will try again to trade for bynum which now they will have a hard time.. since lakers are ready to move on and making bynum their elite center... LA will be more focus on trading pau than bynum i think..

dc5jdm
04-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Bynum is better offensively than Dwight. Come on man. For those saying different

5ass
04-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Bynum is better offensively than Dwight. Come on man. For those saying different

Nah bynum is more skilled offensively, but dwight is a much more efficient post option and thus better as a number one option on offense. Bynum isnt even the best post option on his team, both gasol and kobe are more efficient in post ups.

5ass
04-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Dwight handles double teams better than bynum and gets doubled much more often.

D12 fan
04-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Bynum 2rebounds in a game,yeah he's the best center in basketball.

Seriously just because he scores more than Dwight,it doesn't make him the better all around player.

Raph12
04-21-2012, 12:05 AM

If Bynum is Hakeem, Dwight is Shaq; if Bynum is Melo, Dwight is Lebron; if Bynum is Kobe, Dwight is Durant... Dwight is the more efficient/productive scorer and will continue to be, as long as both get a similar amount of touches.

Bynum had a 32% usage rate in Kobe's absence, yet averaged only 23ppg on under 47% shooting from the floor.

MVP! MVP! MVP! :rolleyes:

Lake_Show2416
04-21-2012, 12:17 AM
no question they regret it, there is no way they will get a player remotely close to the level of Bynum, they'll just trade Dwight for a bunch of young talent that wont equal anything they will b losing

Teeboy1487
04-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Honestly, they might regret not trading him for anyone. Dwight is a bit of an unknown right now. We don't know if he will be the same player after this surgery. Even if he comes back the same, he will still walk. Orlando should have traded him before the season started imo for Brook Lopez and picks.