PDA

View Full Version : Decades 5 on 5. Who wins?

ajm56
04-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Best of their Decade matchup 5 on 5. Who wins?

80's- Ewing , Barkley ,Bird, Dr J ,Magic (6th man Drexler)

90's -Olajuwon, Malone ,Pippen, Jordan, Stockton (6th man Payton)

00's -Shaq ,Duncan, Bryant, Wade, Kidd (6th man Garnett)

10's -Howard, Dirk, James ,Durant, Rose (6th man Melo)

Davidgta1
04-19-2012, 07:49 AM
If there all in there prime 90's win but then again the 00's would have a strong chance in beating them an you put bosh in there but no wade?

Davidgta1
04-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Oh an I wouldn't put bosh to guard prime barkley or prime Garnett

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Bosh is definitely not the PF for the decade. Love is the best PF right now.

ajm56
04-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Wade peaked late 00's when Kobe was king. Now in 2012 Durant is def the gold standard SG.
And yes, all players in prime form.

ajm56
04-19-2012, 08:24 AM
You're right bout Bosh Blastmasta26. But I'm not putting love on that list yet. I replaced Bosh w Dirk as 10's PF.

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't think Dirk works either, considering he probably doesn't have more than 3 years of high level play left in him. So he's not a good representative for the 10's.

Regardless, I take the 90s. Great balance and elite defenders to counter the other decades. The 00s team would struggle with Garnett at the 3 and an overall lack of spacing and the 10s team has defensive liabilities with Dirk and Durant (since he's facing Kobe and Jordan).

Sox72
04-19-2012, 08:54 AM
90's PF would be Malone, not Barkley. And that team would definitely win.

Hustla23
04-19-2012, 08:54 AM
How the hell is Garnett at Small Forward.

Replace him with Lebron and 00's takes it easily.

Fnom11
04-19-2012, 08:56 AM
If the 10's center wasn't so weak compared to the others and it was CP3 over Rose I would've said them but it's easily the 90's.

thenaj17
04-19-2012, 09:02 AM
That 90's team is way too small with Barkley at PF.
00's team has no spacing and teams would just pack the paint or play zonal.

With these lineups i'd take 10's as Rose would just blow by the others every single time. If the others put Kobe/Jordan on Rose, there would be a massive size and speed advantage for either Durant or Lebron vs Stockton or Kidd. This 10's team would have everything; size, dominant rebounding, range shooting (Lebron above 40% 3's and Pa PF who can hit from anywhere) and would kill on fast breaks.

I'd love to see the 80's team though

thenaj17
04-19-2012, 09:06 AM
90's PF would be Malone, not Barkley. And that team would definitely win.

This may possibly change my mind. Not sure how a team would score against them then!

Rose would definitely be the key to scoring then.

FriedTofuz
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM
00's but garnett is not a small forward

Heediot
04-19-2012, 09:46 AM
90's best defense and very well rounded offensively.

BTW I would put Dirk in the 00's. He played that whole decade no?

Heediot
04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
That 90's team is way too small with Barkley at PF.
00's team has no spacing and teams would just pack the paint or play zonal.

With these lineups i'd take 10's as Rose would just blow by the others every single time. If the others put Kobe/Jordan on Rose, there would be a massive size and speed advantage for either Durant or Lebron vs Stockton or Kidd. This 10's team would have everything; size, dominant rebounding, range shooting (Lebron above 40% 3's and Pa PF who can hit from anywhere) and would kill on fast breaks.

I'd love to see the 80's team though

Barkley was undersized his whole career and still dominated bigger guys, your claim has no merit.

Jordan had elite speed and Pippen had elite lateral quickness on the perimeter. You could even replace Stockton with Gary Payton. Payton was a beast defensively. All those guys were capable of guarding DRose.

Check this 90's lineup: Probably the sickest defensive decade starting five ever.

PG Payton
SG Jordan
SF Pippen
PF Rodman
C Dream

Sox72
04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
This may possibly change my mind. Not sure how a team would score against them then!

Rose would definitely be the key to scoring then.

But at the same time, the 10's team should probably have CP3 and not Rose.

Sox72
04-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Every player on the 90's team (assuming it's Malone and not Barkley) can score AND play excellent defense. I don't see how any combo of players can beat them. You can even combine 00's and 10's if you want.

3RDASYSTEM
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Whoever said BARKLEY was undersized at PF and shouldnt start or be on team just goes to show why PSD shouldnt allow basketball talk

He was vert dunking on footers, in basketball term thats 7ft and taller

Jumi
04-19-2012, 10:21 AM
90's. 00's. 10's

Olajuwon. O'neil. Howard
Barkley. Duncan. Dirk
Pipen. Garnett. James
Jordan. Bryant Durant
Stockton Kidd. Rose

I think it should be like this...

Olajuwon O'Neil Howard
Malone Duncan Love
Pipen Pierce James
Jordan Bryant Wade
Stockton Kidd Rose

If you put Durant and Garnett in positions that they don't play it makes the comparison lame, imo. I'd take the 00's team if this was the lineup. Using your lineup, I'd take the team from the 90's!

Pierzynski4Prez
04-19-2012, 10:26 AM
in 2012 its hard to make an all 2010's team. Should have done 80s-90s-00s

AIRMAR72
04-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I think it should be like this...

Olajuwon O'Neil Howard
Malone Duncan Love
Pipen Pierce James
Jordan Bryant Wade
Stockton Kidd Rose

If you put Durant and Garnett in positions that they don't play it makes the comparison lame, imo. I'd take the 00's team if this was the lineup. Using your lineup, I'd take the team from the 90's!
DERON WILLIAMS IS 1000x better THAN ROSE he should be on the your list

Jumi
04-19-2012, 10:35 AM
I like Deron Williams but I don't think he's 1000x better than Rose. He passes better and he's a better floor general, but the '10's will belong to Mr. Rose, Mr. Rando, and Mr. Westbrook. Can't forget the baller in Cleveland! I got a feeling that youngsta's gonna be in the disscussion when future fans debate the decades best players.

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Every player on the 90's team (assuming it's Malone and not Barkley) can score AND play excellent defense. I don't see how any combo of players can beat them. You can even combine 00's and 10's if you want.
I don't know, if you combine the 00s and 10s you have a ridiculous team.

J Kidd
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq

There'd perhaps be a lack of outside shooting as Kidd in his prime was still a poor 3 point shooter but that team would be amazing on both ends.

DERON WILLIAMS IS 1000x better THAN ROSE he should be on the your list

No, he's not.

Unrequited
04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I think the 00's SF would be T-mac in his prime, that would solidify and put this 00's team ahead?

sp1derm00
04-19-2012, 11:34 AM

The 00's have a STRONG argument over the 90's considering...

Shaq - Prime for Prime would dominate Hakeem. I don't care about their match ups they had early in Shaq's career, Shaq's prime would dominate Hakeem's. Shaq was probably the most dominant player to have ever graced the court.

Duncan - vs Malone or Barkley... either way, Duncan is the better player here, especially with a team of superstars. He's not selfish and doesn't need a lot of shots like Malone/Barkley and he'll try his hardest on defense.

KG - vs Pippen... KG is like a larger version of Pippen. KG in his prime could absolutely play SF or even Point Forward like Pippen. KG was hands down the better player of the two and while Pippen might be the better perimeter defender, he wasn't exactly a premier perimeter scorer so KG would most likely have a sound advantage here. Neither player needs the ball or many shots. I still say KG has the advantage.

Kobe - MJ would have a clear advantage here but Kobe would make MJ work harder on both ends of the floor than any other SG in history. Closest thing to MJ would still lose to MJ.

Kidd - Kidd is bigger, stronger, faster than Stockton. Stockton was the better scorer and playmaker, but Kidd is overall the better defender. Kidd would be able to switch onto MJ or even Pippen and be super effective on defense. The same can't be said about Stockton. Stockton wins this match up to be certain, but I think Kidd nearly evens it up simply because he would nearly negate the advantages of forcing a switch on defense.

If you want to talk about every player on a team being able to play defense, the 00's are clearly as good as the 90's in that regard, but with more versatility. In terms of offense, the 00's only have two players that demand shots in Kobe and Shaq, every other player could score at will, but are less selfish in that regard.

Hakeem, Malone (or Barkley), and Jordan all demand shots... and a lot of them.

I just think that overall, the defensive versatility and the chemistry that having unselfish players like Duncan, KG, and Kidd would work wonders with the Shaq/Kobe duo and it puts them over the top.

sp1derm00
04-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I think the 00's SF would be T-mac in his prime, that would solidify and put this 00's team ahead?

I like KG over Tmac prime for prime, on a team like this.

KG did play SF and was very effective at it. He was even point forward for a bit in Minny.

He's less selfish, a better defender, and he is extremely versatile on defense.

Working with such a great offensive tandem in Kobe/Shaq, KG would be my choice over another gunner.

ewing
04-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Jordan

Htownballa1622
04-19-2012, 12:00 PM
:drool: hakeem & jordan

smith&wesson
04-19-2012, 12:08 PM
durant at sg ?

id have to with the jordan & alajuwan team.

RaiderLakersA's
04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Assuming all players are in their prime: Shaq, Kobe, Kidd, the Big Fundamental and KG win this. Depending on how you view Duncan, that's 3 of the top 10 players to ever lace them up with Kobe and Shaq.

D-Block21-Chito
04-19-2012, 12:14 PM
90's for sure!

iam brett favre
04-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Howard has no heart and would bring any team down.

smith&wesson
04-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Problem is howard and lebron will want to be traded to the compititioin so this new era has no chance.

sp1derm00
04-19-2012, 12:27 PM
After considering it... 90's team wins if the make up is different.

David Robinson at C
Hakeem at PF
Pippen
Jordan
Stockton

This team would beat the 00's team hands down.

Law25
04-19-2012, 12:33 PM

Shaq - Prime for Prime would dominate Hakeem. I don't care about their match ups they had early in Shaq's career, Shaq's prime would dominate Hakeem's. Shaq was probably the most dominant player to have ever graced the court.

Duncan - vs Malone or Barkley... either way, Duncan is the better player here, especially with a team of superstars. He's not selfish and doesn't need a lot of shots like Malone/Barkley and he'll try his hardest on defense.

KG - vs Pippen... KG is like a larger version of Pippen. KG in his prime could absolutely play SF or even Point Forward like Pippen. KG was hands down the better player of the two and while Pippen might be the better perimeter defender, he wasn't exactly a premier perimeter scorer so KG would most likely have a sound advantage here. Neither player needs the ball or many shots. I still say KG has the advantage.

Kobe - MJ would have a clear advantage here but Kobe would make MJ work harder on both ends of the floor than any other SG in history. Closest thing to MJ would still lose to MJ.

Kidd - Kidd is bigger, stronger, faster than Stockton. Stockton was the better scorer and playmaker, but Kidd is overall the better defender. Kidd would be able to switch onto MJ or even Pippen and be super effective on defense. The same can't be said about Stockton. Stockton wins this match up to be certain, but I think Kidd nearly evens it up simply because he would nearly negate the advantages of forcing a switch on defense.

If you want to talk about every player on a team being able to play defense, the 00's are clearly as good as the 90's in that regard, but with more versatility. In terms of offense, the 00's only have two players that demand shots in Kobe and Shaq, every other player could score at will, but are less selfish in that regard.

I just think that overall, the defensive versatility and the chemistry that having unselfish players like Duncan, KG, and Kidd would work wonders with the Shaq/Kobe duo and it puts them over the top.

00's for all the reasons stated hear but it would be close with the 90's. The 10's wouldn't be a easy victory for anyone if all in there primes, i just think that team should look more like this.

Howard
Bosh
Lebron
Wade
Cp3

I just think Durant,and Rose are to green for this team, and Dirk is more a 00's player than 10's despite his run last year.

ajm56
04-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Just added 80's team. Barkley moved to 80's. Added Mailman to the 90's team. Also added 6th man per decade.
Obviously some players careers span over decades. Tried to place players in their decade when they were/are at their absolute prime.

michael811
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
kareem should probably be the center for the 80s team and if so I am taking them that offense would be unstoppable

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 12:50 PM
gotta go 90's. jordan/dream is pretty much game over for everyone.

iliketurtles24
04-19-2012, 12:52 PM
it would need to be a 7 game series or something because all these team have a argument. There is a lot of talent.

Stinkyoutsider
04-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I take 90's to just edge out the 2000's squad. Shaq in his prime was unstoppable in the paint! But the 90's have the best team. All those great players/scorers plus Hakeem in the middle. Basically, every player on the 90's team would require at least a double team...

JordansBulls
04-19-2012, 12:56 PM

90's -Olajuwon, Malone ,Pipen, Jordan, Stockton (6th man Iverson)

00's -O'neil ,Duncan, Garnett, Bryant, Kidd (6th man Wade)

First off, why hell would the 80's have Ewing instead of Kareem or Moses Malone?

Next off why the **** would Iverson be on the 90's team when you got guys like Payton, Penny to be the PG or KJ.
Next off I don't know if I would start Stockton on the 90's team, I think Penny with that team would make them run the show in dominant fashion.

Sox72
04-19-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't know, if you combine the 00s and 10s you have a ridiculous team.

J Kidd
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq

There'd perhaps be a lack of outside shooting as Kidd in his prime was still a poor 3 point shooter but that team would be amazing on both ends.

No, he's not.

Yeah, that does look pretty good. But I have to think that a team with Kobe and LBJ would just implode.

Heediot
04-19-2012, 01:22 PM

Shaq may have been more dominant OFFENSIVELY, but defensively Hakeem was miles ahead. Hakeems is closer to Shaq on O, than Shaq is close to Hakeem on D.

Heediot
04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
It's not just about talent. It's about chemistry and system as well. Prime examples are the Bulls and Spurs this season, even without their main Star(s) they still play good. Defense and a clutch player who is dominant with a killer instinct wins, that's the blueprint...

Bluffmasta
04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
i dont c anyone stopping shaq duncan and kg they would domimate the post and kobe is unstopable and add jason kidds passing and shooting and thats the team to beat

HrtHustleNMscle
04-19-2012, 01:35 PM
90's is pretty ridiculous even without Jordan, but with him they would dominate. They are all so good on both sides of the ball.

Heediot
04-19-2012, 01:38 PM
i dont c anyone stopping shaq duncan and kg they would domimate the post and kobe is unstopable and add jason kidds passing and shooting and thats the team to beat

Shaq and Duncan is enough. KG would only be redundant. I'd start Pierce for his range and shooting, Pierce is solid defensively as well. If I wanted another defender I'd start Marion instead of KG. Marion is a better perimeter defender. Shaq and Timmy in the post is ridiculous.

jayjay33
04-19-2012, 02:31 PM

No way in hell.......No one can "Dominate" prime Hakeem. Because they have to guard him to. Shaq was a beast but has about as much chance guarding prime Hakeem as I do.

the avenger
04-19-2012, 02:40 PM

Shaq would not DOMINATE Hakeem. This is a very close call, it's actually almost a tie. Shaq is better on offense, while Hakeem is better on defense. Shaq would be a beast, Hakeem the overall better player.

:facepalm: You mean the same Duncan that shot 1.500 FG more than Barkley did over his career to record 1.200 points less? I'm not saying Duncan is a selfish player, but neither were Malone or Barkley... They both averaged more assists than Duncan. Barkley easily found open team mates, in his prime even with behind the back passes.

Many people consider Duncan as the GOAT PF and I won't restart the eternal discussion about Duncan being a C or PF, but:
1/ Barkley at his best = GOAT PF, unstoppable
2/ ridiculous to compare Barkley and Duncan as two PF: the way Barkley played in his days back in Philly are soooo much different than Duncan's game as PF/C. I mean saying Duncan would guard a prime Barkley is like saying Barkley would guard a prime Allen Iverson (way too slow). But Barkley wouldn't be able to defend Duncan either, that's true.

I'm also not a stat freak, but did anyone ever notice that Barkley averages more pts, reb,*** and stl than Duncan? And is better in %1PT, %FG and %3PT? That's the case for the regular season AND the play-offs... That has got to count for something!

I'd take Barkley over Pippen at SF considering KG is listed here to.

True, except for Kobe being the closest thing to Jordan. He's just taking too many bad shots, Jordan never did that. I'd say James is the closest thing to Jordan, although not playing at the same position, but that's not the discussion here.

Kidd: another player taking a lot of bad shots:facepalm:

It's the other way around: the 00's team has three players who demand a lot of shots.

90's team easily wins this.

jayjay33
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
90's team easily wins this.

1. Barkley is my fav pf all time but he is not on Tim Duncan's level. Now that's only because of height and you could say Duncan's really a center but that's neither here nor there he played pf. TD could Dominate a game on def as the anchor, that's something Barkley could never do.

2. lebron doesn't play anything like Jordan. Even his instincts are the opposite of Jordan's. Kobe and jordan games are "very" similar Kobe as more overall skill, but Jordan has much better shot discipline. Lebron's playing style is more like cyde drexler 2.0 to me.

3. since when does kidd take alot of shot period, yet alone bad one?

4. Put paul perice at SF,Kg at 6th man and the 00's team is too good on both ends for anyone to beat easily. There's just no way to defend this team. A

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 03:47 PM

90's -Olajuwon, Malone ,Pipen, Jordan, Stockton (6th man Iverson)

00's -O'neil ,Duncan, Garnett, Bryant, Kidd (6th man Wade)

wow...tough one. 90's roster has the GOAT, 00's has the most dominate big man ever.

I go with the 00's. They have two of the most versatile players ever in KG and Kidd. They have the go to guy in Bryant, and they have the most dominate big man ever in O'neal.

Heediot
04-19-2012, 03:50 PM
People still putting Dirk in the 10's lol. Dude was 32 when the 10's started.

5ass
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM
90s

jbeezy
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
1990s
C- Olanjuwan / David Robinson / Ewing
PF- Karl Malone / Barkley / Rodman
SF- Pippen / Dominique Wilkins / Clyde Drexler
SG- Jordan / Reggie Miller / Joe Dumars
PG- Stockton / Gary Payton / Isaiah Thomas

Its hard to leave out guys like Mutombo, Mourning, Shawn Kemp, Tim Hardaway.

Man the 90s were awesome time for basketball.

Raph12
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM

90's -Olajuwon, Malone ,Pipen, Jordan, Stockton (6th man Payton)

00's -O'neil ,Duncan, Bryant, Wade, Kidd (6th man Garnett)

Why do the '00s have Wade and why does the '10s have Dirk?

Try this:

80's - Moses Malone - Charles Barkley - Larry Bird - Julius Erving - Magic Johnson
90's - David Robinson - Hakeem Olajuwon - Scottie Pippen - Michael Jordan - John Stockton
00's - Shaquille O'Neal - Tim Duncan - Paul Pierce - Kobe Bryant - Jason Kidd
10's - Dwight Howard - Lebron James - Kevin Durant - Dwyane Wade - Chris Paul

LA4life24/8
04-19-2012, 05:00 PM
im gonna have to say the 90s with prime MJ takes it... he would put a handle on Kobe, lebron wade durant... hes just that good, and honestly i think that team was just the best well rounded team, then i go with 00's cuz of kobe and Shaq, shaqs dominance is just unreal, not to mention TD is great and w KG 6th man.. unreal

LA4life24/8
04-19-2012, 05:01 PM
1990s

this... soo true, the 90s were great... that roster right there is just insane

Bruno
04-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Shaq.
wade and KG off the bench. with all those guys in the primes, that's pretty nasty.

Heediot
04-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Why do the '00s have Wade and why does the '10s have Dirk?

Try this:

80's - Moses Malone - Charles Barkley - Larry Bird - Julius Erving - Magic Johnson
90's - David Robinson - Hakeem Olajuwon - Scottie Pippen - Michael Jordan - John Stockton
00's - Shaquille O'Neal - Tim Duncan - Paul Pierce - Kobe Bryant - Jason Kidd
10's - Dwight Howard - Lebron James - Kevin Durant - Dwyane Wade - Chris Paul

Barkley was drafted a year after Jordan and Dream sooo he should be on the same decade team. Other than that nice list. Maybe put Kareem at C and Moses at PF in 80's unless u want to sub McHale for Moses.

Edit: actually although Kareem won most of his titles in the 80's, he was more dominant and in his prime in the 70's. So I guess he's a 70's guy. 80's should be C Moses, PF McHale.

YEDN90
04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
90s, easily.

Heediot
04-19-2012, 05:25 PM
1990s

Kevin Johnson, Chris Mullin, Penny, Mitch Richmond, Chris Webber (iffy, could be argues 2000's just like Shaq could be argued 1990's). 90's had a lot of talent.

valade16
04-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Barkley was drafted a year after Jordan and Dream sooo he should be on the same decade team. Other than that nice list. Maybe put Kareem at C and Moses at PF in 80's unless u want to sub McHale for Moses.

Edit: actually although Kareem won most of his titles in the 80's, he was more dominant and in his prime in the 70's. So I guess he's a 70's guy. 80's should be C Moses, PF McHale.

That's the question, what teams are they on?

Barkely, Ewing, and Hakeem experienced the most team success when they were in the 90's.

mdm692
04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
00's should be
Nash
Kobe
T-mac(in his prime year or 2 lol)
Duncan
Shaq
6th man
Kg

alexander_37
04-19-2012, 09:03 PM
90's easy.

Underdogz∞
04-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Some strong points are being made by everyone, but I'm just going with what I know Jordan with that team is basically "The Dream Team" they will win imo. MJ he is the greatest bottom line. He was the best in Regular season, All Star games, Playoffs, Finals, Olympics. Majority of the player listed here were beat by Jordan, called him the greatest ever, or deferred to him when they played with him.

That said the 2000's team of these players
O'neil ,Duncan, Garnett, Bryant, Kidd WOW!!!!!

But no team with Jordan is losing anything PERIOD!

Switch
04-20-2012, 03:02 AM

Its gotta come down to the 90's and 00's.

ajm56
04-20-2012, 08:58 AM

i'd love to see 90's vs 00's myself. Olajuwon schooled Shaq in finals but The dream was in his prime and Shaq was still a young Magic. Jordan would school Wade. Malone would get his points but get outscored by the taller Duncan. Pippen and Bryant would be a blast to watch in their prime. very similar games. Pip the better defender but Bryant is a relentless scorer.

AceMan
04-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Ewing over Kareem for the '80s? Really?

Swashcuff
04-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Did someone just say Prime Shaq would dominate prime Hakeem? :laugh2: Hakeem was every bit as great on D as Shaq was on offense. Hakeem would make Shaq work harder than he ever had to within the rules of the games on both ends of the floor. Shaq would be so frustrated he'd end up getting himself into foul trouble almost every game. Sure Shaq would get his maybe drop 30+ a couple times but you can bet that it not be a walk in the park.

No one and I mean NO one is going to dominate Hakeem Olajuwon. He is one of the smartest defenders ever. He'd toy with Shaq in very much the same way Russell toyed with Wilt.

Swashcuff
04-20-2012, 09:41 AM
No way in hell.......No one can "Dominate" prime Hakeem. Because they have to guard him to. Shaq was a beast but has about as much chance guarding prime Hakeem as I do.

I didn't even see this. Its really funny to me to think that people think that Hakeem would be dominated so easily. They really don't understand how great that man really was.

thekmp211
04-20-2012, 09:54 AM
I didn't even see this. Its really funny to me to think that people think that Hakeem would be dominated so easily. They really don't understand how great that man really was.

dude is so criminally underrated. dominated his position when it was at its absolute peak of depth.

ajm56
04-20-2012, 01:21 PM
dude is so criminally underrated. Dominated his position when it was at its absolute peak of depth.

so true. I watched him tear up my beloved knicks and make patrick ewing look flustered at times. He dominated the magic's shaq in the finals. David robinson, mutombo and mourning had no answer either. Incredible shot blocker, rebounder, inside and outside offense game. He was the greatest center i have seen in my lifetime.

HrtHustleNMscle
04-20-2012, 02:37 PM
so true. I watched him tear up my beloved knicks and make patrick ewing look flustered at times. He dominated the magic's shaq in the finals. David robinson, mutombo and mourning had no answer either. Incredible shot blocker, rebounder, inside and outside offense game. He was the greatest center i have seen in my lifetime.

People forget about this because of the Jordan era. He also gets some taken away for those that say he would have never won any if MJ didn't walk away for 2 years. Regardless, the man was great and has already proven he can shut down Shaq, so I'd say that wraps up this discussion. 90's would take this no doubt.

Rndy
04-20-2012, 02:40 PM
90's Imagine those players playing in the women era of basketball? Get your hands touched you go to the line. Big men can't just sit in the paint all day. Basketball really lost a lot of its flavor but I can't help but watch even if I don't care as much anymore.

PleaseBeNice
04-20-2012, 02:53 PM
90s for sure IMO

Gibby23
04-20-2012, 02:54 PM
People forget about this because of the Jordan era. He also gets some taken away for those that say he would have never won any if MJ didn't walk away for 2 years. Regardless, the man was great and has already proven he can shut down Shaq, so I'd say that wraps up this discussion. 90's would take this no doubt.

Shaq averaged 28 and 12 while shooting about 60% in the finals. it was only his 3rd year, Hakeem didn't shut him down. Hakeem scored more than Shaq in that series by a couple points but shot under 50% and was outrebounded by Shaq.

the avenger
04-21-2012, 08:16 AM
1. Barkley is my fav pf all time but he is not on Tim Duncan's level. Now that's only because of height and you could say Duncan's really a center but that's neither here nor there he played pf. TD could Dominate a game on def as the anchor, that's something Barkley could never do.

Barkley is your fav pf of all time? LMAO! If you would have seen him play in his days With Philly, you'd know that he was pretty good on def to in those days. I'll keep saying this till the end of days: the prime CB was the GOAT PF. He 'd beat Duncan anytime: better in almost every aspect of the game. But sure Duncan has the titles and the defense:clap:.

2. lebron doesn't play anything like Jordan. Even his instincts are the opposite of Jordan's. Kobe and jordan games are "very" similar Kobe as more overall skill, but Jordan has much better shot discipline. Lebron's playing style is more like cyde drexler 2.0 to me.

I never said James plays like Jordan, I'm just saying he's the closest thing to the all time best. In what way has Kobe more overall skill? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? The guy scores a lot of points and his D is OK, but that's about it. His shooting, passing and rebounding skills are mediocre.

3. since when does kidd take alot of shot period, yet alone bad one?

Since 1994 my friend. His shooting is just woeful! One of the worst shooters in NBA history if you ask me. The guy keeps shooting bricks. Never averaged more than .444 over his entire career either, and in the play-offs it's even worse.

4. Put paul perice at SF,Kg at 6th man and the 00's team is too good on both ends for anyone to beat easily. There's just no way to defend this team. A

That's true, so putting Barkley on the PF wouldn't even be an issue. Can you imagine defending the 90's team?? All of them being better scorers than the 00's team (except Olajuwon).

thekmp211
04-21-2012, 08:35 AM

yeah i think if we were to grade all centers from all eras on the same size/skill/drive scale, he would grade out to be the best of all time.

ajm56
04-21-2012, 02:53 PM
and BTW, for all of you wondering why Kareem is not on the 80's list is because he was at his absolute prime in the 70's. he was a 6 time MVP and 5 of those were in the 70's.

and as far as Shaq vs Hakeem argument, no contest. When the two met in the 1995 finals Hakeem dominated Shaq and beat the magic in 4 games.

Shaq didn't begin is dominance until he was teamed up with Kobe and Phil Jackson. As soon as that Laker team broke up Kobe continued his NBA greatness and Shaq drifted from team to team with little success.

Hakeem played as a 1 man team for the Rockets and dominated his postition when there were some of the greatest centers in the history of the NBA playing like Kareem,Shaq,Robinson,Mourning,Ewing,Mutombo, Coleman

thekmp211
04-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Shaq averaged 28 and 12 while shooting about 60% in the finals. it was only his 3rd year, Hakeem didn't shut him down. Hakeem scored more than Shaq in that series by a couple points but shot under 50% and was outrebounded by Shaq.

hakeem was also outgunned teammate wise. made all the big plays and handily won the series as the best player on the floor. shaq had anderson and penny. hakeem had....kenny the jet? second year sam i am?

InRoseWeTrust
04-21-2012, 04:26 PM
90s no question

felixng2012
04-21-2012, 04:31 PM
90s or 00s.

netsgiantsyanks
04-21-2012, 04:42 PM
90s

RayPena
04-21-2012, 05:21 PM
hey

Reyes6
04-21-2012, 05:22 PM
90's

Reversed86Curse
04-21-2012, 06:17 PM

80's- M.Malone , McHale ,Bird, Dr J ,Magic

90's -Olajuwon, K. Malone ,Pippen, Jordan, Stockton

00's -Shaq ,Duncan, McGrady, Bryant, Kidd

10's -Howard,Gasol, James ,Durant, Paul

I don't agree with a couple of you 'bests' but good topic. IMO the ones in bold were better for the decade, and at their position. 90's beat the 80's

--23--
04-21-2012, 06:36 PM
90's win. But shouldn't the 00's and 10's teams look like this...

2000's - Shaq ,Duncan, McGrady(or Pierce since T-Mac career got cut short due to injuries), Bryant, Kidd

10's - Howard, Dirk, James ,Wade, Paul